United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > OUTSIDE UNITED > General Football

Old 04-10-2011, 12:12 PM   #1
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Championship - News and Rumors

Struggling Championship Manager Resigns

Steve McClaren resigns as Nottingham Forest manager

Steve McClaren has resigned as manager of Championship strugglers Nottingham Forest after 112 days in charge.

McClaren, 50, stepped down during a meeting with chairman Nigel Doughty that followed Sunday's 3-1 home defeat against Birmingham City.

Forest are currently fourth from bottom in the Championship, having collected eight points from 10 games.

The club has confirmed that Doughty, also the club's owner, will step down as chairman at the end of the season.

Forest said in an official statement that they would begin the search for a new manager and chairman immediately, and that McClaren had made it clear he would not be seeking any compensation.

"Part of the role of chairman is to accept responsibility for what happens at the club," said the statement.

"As such Mr Doughty accepts responsibility for his personal decision to recruit Steve McClaren as our manager in the close season. Given our very poor start to the season and Steve's resignation, Mr Doughty feels it is only right to do so."

The club statement also added that Doughty would continue to support the club financially once he stepped down after 10 years as chairman.

McClaren was reportedly unhappy about being unable to sign two players on loan.

"He was going to walk out anyway, I understand," said BBC Radio 5 live's Pat Murphy. "He'd hoped to go out on a high note after the game against Birmingham.

"He was upset at not being able to secure two Premier League players on loan terms. The chairman felt the wages would be too high."

McClaren had stated after the 5-1 midweek defeat at Burnley that dramatic changes needed to take place at the club.

"Something drastic has to be done because we can't carry on like this," he told BBC Radio Nottingham after the hammering at Turf Moor.

McClaren had sent his Forest players out early for the second half at Turf Moor and then sat alone in the dug-out while his players warmed up by themselves.

The day after that defeat, Forest confirmed that David Pleat had stood down from his part-time football consultant role.

Pleat was part of Forest's much-discussed and much-criticised transfer acquisitions panel after joining to help ex-boss Colin Calderwood in 2006.

The 66-year-old was involved in signing players until last year when his role at the City Ground became less formal.

McClaren had been appointed in the summer as successor to Billy Davies, who was sacked by the club after Forest failed to progress beyond the Championship play-off semi-finals for the second successive season.

He had been assistant coach at Derby and Manchester United before taking over at Middlesbrough in 2001, where he won the Carling Cup and reached the final of the Uefa Cup.

He succeeded Sven-Goran Eriksson as England coach in 2006 but after failing to guide them to the finals of Euro 2008, McClaren quit before going on to coach Dutch side FC Twente, taking them to a league title, and German team Wolfsburg before returning to England at Forest.

Before McClaren stood down, Everton captain Phil Neville, who played under him for England, told BBC Sports World Have Your Say: "I'm a massive fan of Steve McClaren and I thought this was going to be his big year of turning round his reputation in England.

"He got a great reputation abroad with FC Twente and Wolfsburg, and I thought this would get him over the England job. But he's gone into a difficult club.

"You saw the job that Billy Davies had there, when he was constantly at loggerheads with the chairman.

"He had a difficult job, and I think Steve's found it just as difficult. He's had promises that have not been fulfilled, and more importantly the run of results suggests the team aren't playing for him."

Code:
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bbm4Q
Old 12-10-2011, 01:52 PM   #2
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nigel Clough Blocked From Nottingham Forest Return

Red tape blocks Clough's Forest return

Nigel Clough's move back to Nottingham Forest is off – because he does not have the proper coaching badges.

The Derby boss was the shock name in the frame for the Forest job and a return to the club where he played – and his dad Brian managed.

But Forest have had to pull out of a deal after discovering that Clough only has a B licence, one of the lowest-level qualifications.

Under new regulations brought in last summer, Championship clubs can only appoint bosses with A or Pro licences.

The rule was brought in under instructions from the FA and is backed by the LMA bosses union and Forest cannot find a way around it.

Clough has not enrolled on any further courses and is now effectively stuck at Derby, where his contract runs out in the summer. He is allowed to carry on there with just a B badge.

There is a drive to make all bosses in the higher divisions fully qualified because of complaints from coaches who have forked out for courses and then been overlooked.

The rule will have been a shock to Clough, who faces an uncertain future until he gets the extra qualifications.

Ironically, Forest are about to bring in former player and boss Frank Clark in a senior role and he has been a strong advocate of the rules through his connections at the FA and LMA.

Clark will be given a post in the next few days but has already been working for Forest behind the scenes.

Code:
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bbnWc
Old 21-10-2011, 04:09 PM   #3
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Default League Clubs Back Controversial Academy Overhaul

Football League clubs vote to back controversial overhaul of academies

• Clubs support elite player performance plan
• System means changes to compensation formula

West Ham's academy will be among those affected by changes to youth development. Photograph: Tom Jenkins for the Guardian

Representatives of the 72 Football League clubs have voted to back a controversial overhaul of the player academy system that will make it easier for Premier League clubs to recruit young talent from smaller teams.

The vote was passed by 46 to 22, with three no-shows and one abstention. Had clubs rejected the plan, the Premier League would have withheld their funding for youth development – which is currently more than £5m per season.

The elite player performance plan will now replace the current tribunal system, which assesses player valuations based on evidence from each club. The new system will mean a selling club is paid £3,000 per year for every year of a player's development between the ages of nine and 11. The fee per year from 12 to 16 will range between £12,500 and £40,000.

Top clubs will also be exempted from the current rules preventing them from signing under-16s who live more than 90 minutes' travelling distance away (or an hour for under-12s), allowing them to scout and sign players from anywhere in the country.

Speaking before the vote, the Peterborough director Barry Fry warned the system could mean the closure of Football League youth academies.

Fry told the BBC: "What frightens me is that a lot of clubs will pull out of having a youth system altogether. Lower league clubs will look at how much it costs to run their academy or school of excellence and think that, if the Premier League can nick their best players for a low price, what is the point of investing in it?

"The Premier League wants everything and they want it for nothing. Football League clubs will moan about this at the meeting but vote for it because they have no choice."

Code:
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bbxCQ
Old 31-10-2011, 02:36 PM   #4
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Default Fan Punches Owl Mascot in the Face

Oldham Athletic mascot Chaddy the Owl punched in the face by own fan

Oldham Athletic's Chaddy the Owl is a gentle soul and a real family favourite at Boundary Park - but that didn't stop a supporter from punching the loveable mascot in the face before an away match at Preston North End.

The mascot was posing for a picture with a young fan when he was suddenly struck in the face by the as-yet unidentified Latics supporter, who simply walked off.

Wayne Hurst - the man who wears the owl costume - described his shock at being attacked.

'I was posing for a fan when out of the corner of my eye I saw this guy coming towards me. I didn’t recognise him and he hit me,' he told Manchester Evening News.

'He then just walked off to a group of mates and went to the bar.

'There were stewards there but I don’t know if they saw it. The stand was packed though so there were a lot of witnesses.

'I was all right but the kid I was with was a bit shocked.'

Mr Hurst was surprisingly forgiving and said he didn't want the supporter to get into trouble.

'I don’t even want him banned because we need as many fans as we can get,' he said.

'I just want an explanation and an apology.'

Oldham Athletic officials have started an investigation and hope to acquire CCTV footage from Preston in order to find the assailant.

Oldham chief executive Alan Hardy said: 'We’ve asked Preston for footage and would urge anyone who knows who he is to come forward.'

Chaddy's team drew their League One match with Preston 3-3.

Code:
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bbJQ2
coba berani ama Fred, ditusuk ama 'garpu setannya' baru tau rasa
Old 01-11-2011, 01:14 PM   #5
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Default Controversial Striker Finds a Home

El-Hadji Diouf signs for Doncaster Rovers

Senegal international striker El-Hadji Diouf has joined Doncaster Rovers on a three-month deal, subject to clearance.

The 30-year-old, who was released by Blackburn in the summer, has joined the Championship club after talks with boss Dean Saunders.

The two-time African Footballer of the Year previously played for Liverpool, Bolton, Sunderland and Rangers.

Diouf told BBC Radio Sheffield: "I'm going to do everything I can to help the team be successful."

Rovers are joint bottom of the Championship table with only nine points from 14 games.

"I love challenges. I went to Bolton and Rangers when people would not have expected me to do so," added Diouf, who said he had been training with both Wigan Athletic and West Ham United.

"One of my best friends in football is Pascal Chimbonda and he is here and I know a lot of the other players.

"It is not about money. If I wanted that then I could have gone to Russia or maybe the middle east but I don't want to do that yet. I am only 30 and I have at least three years left at the Championship or Premier League level."

Diouf has scored 21 international goals in 69 appearances and will help cover Doncaster's current shortage of strikers.

James Hayter was the only recognised centre-forward in the squad for Saturday's 1-1 draw with Coventry.

Billy Sharp missed the game due to a family problem, Chris Brown is only just returning from a knee injury and Jon Parkin has returned to Cardiff following his loan at the Keepmoat Stadium.

Diouf is the latest high-profile player to join Rovers.

Former England goalkeeper Chris Kirkland signed on-loan from Wigan earlier in October - but only lasted a week after getting injured.

They also signed ex-Tottenham and Blackburn defender Chimbonda in September and have taken Herita Ilunga on a three-month loan deal from West Ham.

Saunders has defended the club's transfer strategy and insists he is unfazed by Diouf's reputation

Quote:
Piers Edwards,BBC African football correspondent
You can look at the move in two ways. Firstly, how the mighty have fallen after a man listed as one of Pele's best 125 footballers ever drops into English football's second tier at the age of 30. The other is respect for the fact that Diouf so loves playing that he's prepared to move to struggling Doncaster to continue taking to the field. Ageing he may be - but his class should still tell
He said: "I'm really pleased to have got him. He is a top player and he has brought into what I am trying to do here.

"He is prepared to come here and work and that's what I want.

"If anyone comes in with the wrong attitude then they won't be at this club for long.

"He's got a reputation, you can't deny that but I've got to manage him, that's my job. No one is bigger than the club.

"I think he feels hard done by. He is a Premier League player and he is coming here to rebuild himself."

Diouf, who has courted controversy throughout his career in England, joined Liverpool from Lens for £10m in 2002.

He moved to Bolton in 2005, making 88 appearances at the Reebok Stadium, before switching to Sunderland in 2008.

Diouf then joined Blackburn under Sam Allardyce's management in 2009 before finishing last season on loan at Rangers.

He picked up a league title winner's medal while in Scotland but upset a lot of Celtic fans along the way, most notably when he was sent off after the final whistle in Rangers' Scottish Cup defeat at Parkhead in March.

Diouf had been on trial with Allardyce's West Ham earlier this month but the Hammers boss decided not to offer the Senegalese a short-term deal because of his lack of fitness and opposition amongst the club's fans to a move.

Quote:
DIOUF CONTROVERSIES
•November 2002: Accused of spitting at West Ham fans while at Liverpool
•September 2003: Fined £5,000 and pleads guilty to spitting at Celtic fans at a Uefa Cup quarter-final the previous March
•November 2004: Charged with spitting at an 11-year-old Middlesbrough fan while on loan at Bolton
•November 2004: Fined two weeks' wages and banned for three games for spitting at Portsmouth's Arjan de Zeeuw
•September 2009: Questioned by police over allegations he racially abused a ball-boy at Everton
•January 2011: Accused of taunting QPR's Jamie Mackie while he lay injured during their FA Cup clash with Blackburn
•March 2011: Sent off in Rangers' derby match with Celtic after an altercation with Neil Lennon and showing dissent towards the referee.
•July 2011: Fails to report for Blackburn's pre-season tour to Austria
Code:
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bbMG6
petualangan si bocah bengal blom berhenti, akhirnya berlabuh di Doncaster Rovers walaupun cuma 3 bln
Old 14-11-2011, 04:53 PM   #6
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Default Player Accidentally Relegates Himself

Player Accidentally Relegates Self

Here’s one that’s not going to do much to dispel the “idiot footballer” image. Crystal Palace midfielder and Wales International Andy Dorman was out of favor and short on match fitness, so the club arranged for him to go on loan, to what he thought was League One side Bristol Rovers. It was actually League Two side Bristol Rovers.
Dorman, a former New England Revolution player, assumed that he would be dropping down a division to get a few games, improve his sharpness, and help him push for the starting lineup upon his return. Instead, his loan, which runs til January, will send him down two divisions. Because he forgot to check what league they were in.

If I’m being honest I thought they were still in League One.

But I’ve got that chance to move them up the table and I’m just looking forward to playing and doing well.

Smooth one.

Code:
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bc0Lj
Old 26-01-2012, 01:11 PM   #7
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Default Club Boss Cans Players Via 2 A.M. Texts

‘U R Dropped ’ – Preston Boss Sends 2am Texts Telling Players They’ve Been Axed

OMG… Da playrz h8 me… Im a total ****… FFS!!!

We’ve all done it, had a few too many down the pub only to drunkenly text someone, usually an ex or someone we fancy. However, I doubt many of us have sent a late night text informing professional footballers that they had been dropped for the following day’s game.

Well that’s exactly what new Preston North End manager Graham Westley did. The former Stevenage boss only took over at the Lilywhites last week, but in texting players David Gray, Barry Nicholson, Adam Barton and Harry Bunn, at 2am to tell them they were dropped for the following day’s fixture, he has hardly ingratiated himself to his new playing staff.

The long and winding text ran to over 150 words and apparently included tactical analysis and motivational mumbo-jumbo.

The Daily Mail quotes a ‘source’, who said:

“It is unbelievable that the manager thought it was a good idea to deliver bad news like this in a text that arrived in the middle of the night.

“The fact it was just one of several texts made it even worse. You would have thought the manager would have wanted his players to get a good night’s sleep in before a game.”

Westley himself claims that the only reason the text was sent so late was that it had taken him until that time to add all the players’ numbers to his phone. So alcohol had nothing to do with it then?

Preston lost the game that Saturday 2-0 to Leyton Orient, by the way

Code:
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bdzaL
Old 05-03-2012, 04:48 PM   #8
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Default 2 English Teams Placed Under Transfer Embargos

Coventry City and Birmingham placed under temporary transfer embargo

• Both clubs failed to file their club accounts on time
• 'There is nothing untoward' says Coventry's chief executive

Coventry City have been placed under a transfer embargo after failing to file their club accounts on time. The Championship club missed the 29 February deadline and as a result they are temporarily banned from any activity in the transfer market.

However, the Sky Blues have moved to ease fears of financial problems at the Ricoh Arena. In a club statement, the chief executive, Tim Fisher said: "We want to be 100% transparent and open about the situation so our supporters are left in no doubt about what is happening.

"Our accounts were due on 29 February. As part of the accounts submission process then we have to be able to show committed funding out for the next financial year and, at this stage, we could not do this as we, the board, are still in the process of agreeing and negotiating budgets with the owner.

"There is nothing untoward about this and it is perfectly normal to be negotiating funding with the owner. We would hope to secure funding commitments in the very next few weeks.

"The owner has previously funded the club for a period of more than four years and is currently reviewing our budget proposal for the coming year.

"We totally understand and appreciate that supporters might be concerned, but while the situation is far from ideal, we are confident it will be resolved very soon."

Birmingham have also confirmed that the Football League have placed them under a transfer embargo after they failed to submit their club accounts on time. Like Coventry, Birmingham missed a deadline and consequently are now banned from any activity in the transfer marker until further notice.

A Birmingham statement read: "Birmingham City Football Club can confirm that it has been made subject to a transfer embargo by the Football League. This is due to not hitting a 1 March 2012 deadline for submission of the company's June 2011 financial statements to the League.

"As has been widely reported, Birmingham International Holdings Limited is expected to publish the financial statements by the end of April 2012.

"The delay in filing the financial statements is occasioned due to the delayed audit processes, with both the club and the group holding company having to handle a series of audit issues, together with the financial issues thrown at the club due to the arrest and freezing of the assets of the club's main benefactor and changes to banking arrangements.

"The draft financial statements are prepared and it is understood that these will be finalised and published by the end of April (as previously announced through the Hong Kong Stock Exchange).

"This short period of delay in submission, and the resulting transfer embargo, does not affect the business of the football club at this present time. Having captured the signatures of several more players in the last couple of weeks, the club is satisfied with the strength and size of the playing squad, which has been sufficiently reinforced to assist with our end of season push."

Code:
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bfn9y?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=world-football
Old 29-03-2012, 04:42 PM   #9
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Default 5 Sent Off During 22-Man Brawl

Five Sent Off After 22 Man Brawl During Bradford City-Crawley Town Match

Feisty affair at Valley Parade.

Old 21-04-2012, 12:04 AM   #10
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Default Reading FC Earn Promotion to Premier League

Reading FC Return to English Premier League with Win over Nottingham Forest

Ready for Reading? The Royals are back in the Premier League.

Reading secured promotion to the Barclay's Premier League on Tuesday with a 1-0 win over Nottingham Forest at the Madejski Stadium. With two matches left, Brian McDermott's Royals have 88 points, eight more than third-placed West Ham United.

The top two teams in the English League Championship advance automatically to next season's Premier League. The four teams placed third through sixth are entered into the playoffs for the third and final berth.

Quote:
"It feels unreal, like I'm looking down on a different bloke managing Reading," McDermott told reporters after the match.

"It was incredible. It was a night for the supporters and the players."
Southampton currently sit second with 85 points, and are the only team still able to overtake Reading for the Championship title.

To secure automatic promotion, West Ham must win their final two matches and hope Southampton earn only one point or less. Birmingham City, Blackpool and Cardiff City currently occupy the other three playoff positions, with Middlesbrough four points off the pace.

Meanwhile, BBC pundit and retired footballer Robbie Savage praised Reading's season:

Quote:
"Reading deserve Premier League football," he said. "It's been an amazing performance from them in the second half of the season.

They've got a fantastic manager and group of players and I'm absolutely delighted for Brian McDermott. He's a humble and fantastic man."
Next season will be Reading's third in the top flight of English football. The Royals won the Championship in 2005-06 with a record 106 points and spent the next two seasons in the Premier League.

In 2006-07, Reading finished eighth in the Premiership under manager Steve Coppell. The following season, they finished 18th and were relegated.

Reading lost the Championship playoff final to Swansea last season at Wembley. McDermott said the loss served as motivation this season.

Quote:
"In the summer I didn't see too much good coming out of our defeat at Wembley. But I had great support from family, friends, they've sacrificed so much and I had to go through all that to get to where we are now."
The Championship regular season ends April 28. The playoff semifinals are scheduled for May 3-4 and 7-9, with the final scheduled for May 19 at Wembley.

Code:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1150449-reading-fc-return-to-english-premier-league-with-win-over-nottingham-forest?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=world-football
welkam bek 'The Royal'

Last edited by zudomiriku; 21-04-2012 at 12:11 AM..
zudomiriku is offline   Reply With Quote

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 49
adaastopa5922, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, annetapitt5084, Aso Chrisjefta, bbobbyitta5057, braausasda9593, Elpiji, Fajar_, fajrinited, finza_13, FirdaAnnisa, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, ghopoereds, h-ANG, iamsetia, ihsan_banget, irhamutd, jehnzhulze7993, jifortin, Lola, loveUNITED, moehfar, Ompiter, penk22_, Pure_red, Redsbusby, richoeka, rizluq, Ryan_lallo, SR 7, stevenazure, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, VaDLi, Vanilla.Float, Van_Munandar, Victory, Wengge Schmeichel, word89vkodv, xkeiszglf34, zudomiriku