United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Previews and Reviews > Archives > Archives 2020/2021

Old 29-04-2021, 09:47 AM   #1
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default [UEL] Manchester United 6-2 AS Roma

VS

Manchester United vs AS Roma - Europa League Semifinal 1st Leg
Jumat, 30 April 2021
Kick Off: 02:00 WIB
Venue: Old Trafford, Manchester
Wasit: Carlos del Cerro Grande
Live: SCTV

Europa League Form Guide
Manchester United: DDWWW
AS Roma: WWWWD

Team News
Manchester United: Anthony Martial and Phil Jones ruled out.
AS Roma: Nicolò Zaniolo and Pedro ruled out.

Pre-Match Pressers

Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Paulo Fonseca

Last edited by penk22_; 30-04-2021 at 08:43 AM..
Old 29-04-2021, 09:51 AM   #2
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [UEL] Manchester United vs AS Roma

Roma boss Paulo Fonseca lavishes praise on 'amazing' Manchester United duo Marcus Rashford and Bruno Fernandes ahead of Europa League semi-final tie... which he labels the 'BIGGEST challenge in my career'

* Roma face Man Utd away on Thursday in first leg of Europa League semi-final tie
* Roma boss Paulo Fonseca is relishing the task that lies ahead in Manchester
* He knows Roma will have to keep Marcus Rashford and Bruno Fernandes quiet

Paulo Fonseca knows his Roma side will have to keep Marcus Rashford and Bruno Fernandes quiet if they are to have any hope of reaching the Europa League final.

Roma have struggled for consistency in Serie A this season under Fonseca but they are shining in the Europa League and are looking to shock Manchester United in their semi-final tie - with the first leg on Thursday night at Old Trafford.

United have been in rather formidable form recently, and ahead of the tie - which he has labelled the 'biggest challenge of his career - Fonseca has singled out Rashford and Fernandes for praise.

Paulo Fonseca is very wary of the threat that Bruno Fernandes and Marcus Rashford will pose

'They have amazing players who can decide in one situation one game and we have to pay attention these individual situations of Manchester United,' Fonseca told ESPN. 'I think Rashford is an amazing, amazing player. He's having a great, great season. But I think Man United as a whole team are strong.

'But I have to confess, we cannot think to go to Manchester to just defend. We have to have the ball because I don't believe if you think just to defend near our box that we have a chance to beat Man United.'

Fonseca meanwhile has admitted that he is not surprised to see compatriot Fernandes thriving in England for United, another player who can make the difference for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side against Roma.

'Bruno played many years here in Italy and just when he returned to Portugal with Sporting, where he had a great season,' Fonseca said.

Fonseca has hailed the 'amazing' duo ahead of Roma's Europa League semi-final vs Man United. Fonseca and Roma will be desperate to shock Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's United side in Europe

'The people understood the real value from what he did at Sporting, it was amazing. And what he's doing in Manchester is also amazing. He's a player with a strong personality, he wants to win all the time.'

United head into the Europa League semi-final as favourites against Roma, but Fonseca is relishing the task that lies ahead.

'I have experienced many games in the Champions League but I have to agree that this is the greatest game in European competition,' he added.

'To play a semi-final against Manchester United is maybe the biggest challenge in my career and European competitions.'

Roma or United will face either Arsenal or Villarreal in the Europa League final on May 26 in Gdansk, Poland.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9523351/Roma-boss-Paulo-Fonseca-heaps-praise-amazing-Man-United-duo-Marcus-Rashford-Bruno-Fernandes.html
Old 29-04-2021, 09:56 AM   #3
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer retreats following Roma Ultras attack and says he 'meant no disrespect' to them... after Italian fans hung banners quoting Man United manager's 'I don't know them' comments at training ground ahead of Europa League tie

* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has spoken out after Roma fans made posters of him
* The Italians were furious after his throwaway comments regarding their club
* Solskjaer had said: 'I don't know them and I haven't seen them play'
* The United boss has clarified he did not mean he was unaware of who Roma are

As if he didn't have enough problems with angry fans at his own training ground, on Wednesday Ole Gunnar Solskjaer had to defend himself against ultras at Roma's headquarters as well.

Hundreds of supporters gathered at the Fulvio Bernardini training base in Trigoria to wish their team well for Thursday night's Europa League semi-final first leg against Manchester United, having plastered the walls with anti-Solskjaer posters earlier in the week.

Their anger was sparked by a comment the United manager made about Roma after beating Granada in the last round. He said: 'I don't know them and I haven't seen them play.'

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has moved to ease tensions with Roma fans after his recent comments. This week angry Roma fans placed posters of Solskjaer outside the club's training base after he said 'I don't know them and I haven't seen them play'

Roma fans printed the quote next to a picture of a smiling Solskjaer on the posters with the message: 'Make sure he remembers us!'

For Solskjaer, who last week had to placate 20 anti-Glazer protesters when they broke into Carrington and confronted him, it was another unwanted distraction.

The Norwegian arrived at his pre-match press conference prepared, explaining that signed shirts from Roma legends Francesco Totti and Daniele De Rossi are among his most treasured items.

Solskjaer also pointed out that he saw plenty of Roma last season when former United defender Chris Smalling was on loan there, and has done his due diligence on them since the Granada game.

Roma are known for having some of the most passionate and fiercely loyal fans in football

'I've got two prized possessions back home, a Totti shirt and a De Rossi shirt that I've swapped with them and they're actually signed, so I know about the history, I know about the quality,' said Solskjaer who presumably acquired the jerseys when United thrashed Roma 8-3 on aggregate in a 2007 Champions League quarter-final.

'That comment was straight after the game and I was just relieved we'd gone through. Of course I'd watched them but I hadn't seen them in depth to give them enough respect, probably. It's a fantastic club with a great history.

'With Chris being there last season we followed them, then they signed Chris and we've not watched them as much.

'But we have analysed them down to the ground since we drew them. We are ready for them. It was not meant as any disrespect, I think everyone knows that.'

Given the absence of fans at Thursday night's first leg at Old Trafford and next week's return at the Stadio Olimpico, the issue is unlikely to have an impact on a tie United are desperate to win.

It may only be the Europa League, a competition the club were quite happy to leave behind when they plotted to join the failed European Super League, but after losing four semi-finals under Solskjaer — including last season in the Europa League to Sevilla — United know how important it is to go further and win this trophy in Gdansk next month.

'It will be a dream come true the day I can lift a trophy for this club as manager,' said Solskjaer.

'We've done remarkably well to get to five semis in a little bit more than a season, but now we'd like to go all the way. That would mean so much at the end of the season if we have a final to look forward to.

We've looked at all the semis and the reasons why. Now with the motivation of having those disappointments, I feel very confident we will get a good performance. We're in a better position.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9520989/Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-says-meant-no-disrespect-Roma-fans-angry-posters.html
Old 29-04-2021, 10:23 AM   #4
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United host Roma in their Europa League semi-final first leg on Thursday as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer looks to bring an end to their semi-final woes: Everything to know ahead of kick-off

* Man United host Roma in the Europa League semi-final first leg on Thursday
* The Red Devils saw off the challenge of Granada to reach the semi-finals
* Roma earned a hard-fought victory over Ajax to progress to the final-four
* The return leg at Roma's Stadio Olimpico will take place next week on Thursday

Manchester United host Roma in their Europa League semi-final first leg on Thursday evening as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer looks to end run of four consecutive semi-final defeats.

The Norwegian is yet to claim any silverware during his time as United manager, and he was dealt another blow in January as rivals Manchester City knocked them out of the Carabao Cup at the semi-final stage.

United were defeated in three semi-finals last year, being the Carabao Cup, FA Cup and the Europa League, where they were defeated by eventual winners Sevilla.

Having dropped out of the Champions League, United and Solskjaer will be looking to go one step further this season, having brushed aside Real Sociedad, AC Milan and Granada in the knockout stages.

They come up against a Roma side who impressively knocked out Ajax in the quarter-finals, though they haven't won any of their last five matches in all competitions.

With the eagerly-anticipated spectacle now quickly approaching, Sportsmail takes you through the all-important information.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (left) takes on Paulo Fonseca (right) in the Europa League semi-final

When is Manchester United vs Roma?

Manchester United host Roma in their Europa League semi-final first leg on Thursday, April 29.

The match will kick-off at 8pm BST at Old Trafford and will be played behind closed doors due to the prevalent coronavirus restrictions.

United then face an enticing Premier League encounter at home to Liverpool ahead of next week's return leg on Thursday, May 6, while seventh-placed Roma travel to Sampdoria.

How to watch the Europa League semi-final?

The match will be broadcast live on BT Sport 2, with coverage getting underway at 7.15pm.

Subscribers can also watch the game on both the BT website and app.

Man United vs Roma: Team news

Solskjaer revealed in his pre-match press conference that he has no new injury concerns ahead of crucial tie against Roma.

Both Eric Bailly and Marcus Rashford - who has been carrying a foot problem - are in contention to feature, while Solskjaer is yet to decide whether it will be David de Gea or Dean Henderson who starts in goal.

However, neither Anthony Martial or Phil Jones are available, with both played out injured with knee issues.

The good news is that Scott McTominay, Luke Shaw and Harry Maguire are all available after serving a one-match Europa League suspension.

As for Roma, they will have former United pair Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Chris Smalling fit to play, with the latter starting for the first time in a month in their 3-2 defeat by Cagliari at the weekend.

Former Chelsea midfielder Pedro is expected to be out with injury, however, while Riccardo Calafiori and Nicolo Zaniolo are also set to be sidelined. Meanwhile, Gianluca Mancini is suspended and unavailable.

Key Europa League stats

Manchester United

Group finish: 3rd (Champions League)

Top scorer: Bruno Fernandes (3)

Most assists: Bruno Fernandes (1)

Goals scored: 10

Goals conceded: 1

Roma

Group finish: 1st

Top scorer: Borja Mayoral (7)

Most assists: Jordan Veretout (3)

Goals scored: 26

Goals conceded: 9

Man United vs Roma: The odds

Though Roma will come into the clash full of confidence having beaten Ajax in the quarter-finals, it's United who are favoured by the bookies in the first leg.

The pair have met on six prior occasions, with United winning four times, while Roma have claimed one victory alongside a single draw. They last met in the Champions League back in 2008, where United won 3-0 on aggregate to progress to the semi-finals.

The Europa League is all-but certainly United's last chance for a trophy this season, and they are the favourites to overcome Roma in the first leg, with odds of 11/20. Roma are the underdogs at 5/1, while a draw is at 10/3.

*Odds as per Betfair and correct at the time of publication

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9517049/Manchester-United-vs-Roma-Europa-League-Confirmed-team-news-TV-channel-live-stream-odds.html
Old 30-04-2021, 10:30 AM   #5
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Default Re: [UEL] Manchester United 6-2 AS Roma

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer aims dig at Paul Scholes and Owen Hargreaves by claiming 'it's easy up there thinking who should play and who should not play' after ex-Manchester United pair called for half-time changes before Red Devils ran riot against Roma

* Manchester United trailed 2-1 against the Italian side at half-time at Old Trafford
* Paul Scholes and Owen Hargreaves called for attacking changes at the break
* United scored five second-half goals to put one foot in the Europa League final
* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer then took a swipe at the pair in his post-match interview

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer aimed a gentle jibe at Paul Scholes for demanding more flair in Manchester United's side after the manager was vindicated for his selections.

United eventually thrashed Roma in Thursday night's Europa League semi-final first leg but had headed in for half-time level at 2-2.

Former United midfielders Scholes and Owen Hargreaves had called for attacking changes at the break while on punditry duty for BT Sport.

Solskjaer opted against making any substitutions until late in the game and they now take a four-goal advantage to Italy next week looking primed to reach the final.

'It's easy up there thinking who should play and who should not play,' Solskjaer said.

'Maybe those two should leave players out themselves and pick a team with balance!

'Mason Greenwood should be disappointed not to be playing but it's about balance. We have players who can create big moment with a foundation behind them.

'We don't feel the job is done but tonight was a good job done. We did well.. I'm very pleased with the response. The second half was very good.'

Solskjaer did criticise his team's defending, however, after gifting Roma two first-half goals.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was rewarded for sticking by his players with an emphatic 6-2 victory. Paul Scholes and Owen Hargreaves had called for attacking changes at the half-time break. Solskjaer's semi-final curse may be over after a stunning first leg victory over the Italian side

'The two goals are junior, schoolboy errors that shouldn't happen at this level,' he added. 'We corrected it at half-time.

'It's about taking the chances. We took most of ours. The character showed that they came back and didn't lose their heads. Maybe for 10 minutes we didn't look great but we managed to get ourselves together.'

Paul Pogba - who scored United's fifth of the night - claimed they cannot relent in the Italian capital next week.

'We have to stay focused and play with the same mentality,' Pogba said.

'We were a bit all over the place after the second. We talked and said let's do the right things. The manager spoke and motivated us.'

Chris Smalling conceded a contentious penalty - which Solskjaer admitted was harsh - on his return to Old Trafford after leaving in 2019.

'Just pure disappointment,' he said. 'The goals we conceded were sloppy. It's really ruined the hard work of the first half.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9527579/Solskjaer-aims-dig-Scholes-Hargreaves-call-changes-Man-United-ran-riot.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 4
h-ANG, penk22_, rio vander vidic, zudomiriku