United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 27-05-2021, 11:51 AM   #391
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marcus Rashford

Emotional Marcus Rashford says 'close doesn't mean anything' and insists Man United MUST forge a winning mentality after Europa League final heartache - before revealing he had 'at least 70 racial slurs' on his social media accounts after defeat

* Marcus Rashford gave an emotional interview after a disappointing night
* The forward insists 'close is not good enough' after another year without a cup
* After the match Rashford received a growing number of racial slurs online
* Rashford later admitted one of the abusive messages had come from a teacher

Marcus Rashford put his emotions on full display after Manchester United's agonising defeat in the Europa League final against Villarreal, before later revealing he had suffered online racial abuse.

The striker pulled no punches in his pre-match interview, in which he stressed that 'close was not good enough' as United failed to win their first trophy under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Rashford then took to social media just over an hour after the final whistle and said: 'At least 70 racial slurs on my social accounts counted so far. For those working to make me feel any worse than I already do, good luck trying.'

He then went on to reveal that one of the users who had sent him 'a mountain of monkey emojis' happened to be a school teacher.

Rashford wrote: 'I’m more outraged that one of the abusers that left a mountain of monkey emojis in my DM is a maths teacher with an open profile. He teaches children!! And knows that he can freely racially abuse without consequence…'

Marcus Rashford gave an emotional interview after Man United's Europa League final loss

United had delivered a flat performance in Gdansk and could only draw 1-1 - taking the game to extra-time and penalties with Edinson Cavani cancelling out Gerard Moreno's opener - as their LaLiga counterparts came out on top in a long-fought shootout that ended 11-10.

But on the night, Solskjaer's men weren't good enough and didn't deliver moments of quality to win the showpiece, and Rashford issued a rallying cry to his United team-mates to banish their inability to win trophies.

'Disappointing... the feeling inside is difficult to explain,' Rashford told BT Sport.

'We came here to win. We worked so hard all season - this was the opportunity to win a trophy, it didn't happen. But we have to get rid of the disappointment, after that we will look back at the game, what we did wrong where we can improve.'

The forward has enjoyed a superb season in front of goal with 22 strikes - but it wasn't the best of nights for him, as he was unable to spark the team into life in front of goal.

He promised that the team would keep going in their pursuit of silverware, insisting that the club have all the tools for success - but cannot be satisfied with near misses.

'All I can say is we won't give up,' he added. 'The manager won't allow us to give up. We come next season with a bigger desire. People say a lot about us going downhill, blah blah blah.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9623455/Manchester-United-Marcus-Rashford-admits-club-forge-winning-mentality-Europa-League-loss.html
Old 28-05-2021, 10:33 AM   #392
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Marcus Rashford admits Man United 'simply weren't good enough' in the Europa League final and that he has 'struggled' this season with many 'physical obstacles I’ve had to overcome'

* Marcus Rashford admits Man United simply weren't good enough in Gdansk
* Red Devils only had two shots on target in 120 minutes as they lost in the final
* Rashford later went on to suffer vile racist abuse online after the defeat

Marcus Rashford has admitted that Manchester United ‘simply weren’t good enough’ in their Europa League final defeat to Villarreal as he revealed his struggles with injury this season.

United had just two shots on target in 120 minutes against the Spaniards in Gdansk before losing on penalties, extending the club’s trophy drought to four seasons.

Rashford, who suffered vile racist abuse online after the defeat, said: ‘I love this club, I love my city. This club has been home from the age of seven.

‘I’d be the first to say I’ve struggled this season. It’s not about commitment, dedication or ability.

Marcus Rashford admits that Manchester United ‘simply weren’t good enough in Gdansk. Rashford missed out on chances to put United ahead and was left to rue what could have been. Rashford says he has 'had physical obstacles I’ve had to overcome and I’m still managing'

'The reality is I’ve had physical obstacles I’ve had to overcome and I’m still managing.

‘There are no excuses for last night, we simply weren’t good enough. I’m really sorry that we couldn’t bring the silverware home. This will only add to my experience and growth.’

David de Gea, who missed the crucial penalty on Wednesday, tweeted: ‘Learn from the experience, fight again and win.’

Meanwhile, Rashford held a Zoom call with former US President Barack Obama to discuss the power of young people in society.

Rashford led a campaign in the pandemic to have free school meals provided during holidays.

Rashford said: ‘It’s quite surreal, isn’t it? I’m sitting in my kitchen in Manchester, speaking to President Obama. I realised just how aligned our experiences as children were in shaping the men you see today — adversity, obstacles and all.’

Obama said: ‘A lot of the young people I meet — including Marcus — they’re ahead of where I was when I was 23.’

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9627789/Marcus-Rashford-Man-United-simply-werent-good-Europa-League-final.html
Old 07-06-2021, 10:52 AM   #393
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United 'fear Marcus Rashford may miss the start of next season' with England star to undergo surgery after Euro 2020 after struggling with foot and shoulder injuries

* Marcus Rashford is set to undergo surgery after his involvement at Euro 2020
* Manchester United attacker has been struggling with foot and shoulder issues
* Rahsford was adamant that he didn't want to miss this summer's tournament

Manchester United are fearful that Marcus Rashford may miss the start of next season as he has to undergo surgery.

The attacker played through the pain of foot and shoulder injuries for much of the domestic season but will not have surgery until after he has finished representing England at Euro 2020, as reported by The Mirror.

Rashford will have surgery on at least one of the injuries, most likely his foot.

During a hectic season, Rashford made 57 appearances for United and he now faces another intense schedule with England.

The 23-year-old will hope to play a prominent part for Gareth Southgate's side during the tournament and ruled out any suggestion of missing the tournament.

Manchester United are fearful that Marcus Rashford may miss the start of next season. Rashford, who has struggled with foot and shoulder injuries, will have surgery after Euro 2020. United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will hope Rashford won't be unavailable for too long

Should England make it all the way to the final of Euro 2020, they will be in action on July 11.

The new Premier League season is set to get underway on August 14, which would provide limited time for Rashford to work his way back to full fitness after surgery.

This will be Rashford's third tournament as an England player and he will be looking for his maiden goal at a major finals.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9656041/Manchester-United-fear-Marcus-Rashford-miss-start-season-surgery.html
Old 08-06-2021, 09:23 AM   #394
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Marcus Rashford says he is not worried by the threat to his England starting place amid competition from Jack Grealish and Phil Foden... as the Manchester United star insists subs will have a huge role to play at the Euros

* Marcus Rashford captained England in their 1-0 victory against Romania
* The forward has competition to start the Euros in Phil Foden and Jack Grealish
* Rashford believes England will have to utilise their squad at the Euros

Marcus Rashford believes it is impossible for England to conquer Europe with an unchanged starting line-up and has warned it would be delusional to think otherwise.

Gareth Southgate has much to ponder ahead of Sunday’s opening fixture against Croatia, not least who will start alongside Harry Kane in attack. For many months, it had seemed that Rashford and Raheem Sterling were certainties for those roles but that is no longer the case.

Jack Grealish’s excellent performances against Austria and Romania, coupled with the thrilling rise of Phil Foden and a timely reminder from Jadon Sancho, means Southgate has many options. But Rashford is not flustered by the threat to his place.

Marcus Rashford is not worried by the threat to his England starting place at the Euros. Jack Grealish and Phil Foden will both provide competition for Rashford

And Rashford, scorer of the only goal against Romania, has called on his team-mates to put any forthcoming disappointments to one side and be ready for their chance.

‘Don’t get me wrong, everybody wants to be in the first XI,’ said Rashford. ‘But you need a squad. You need players capable of coming on at different moments and giving that extra spark.

‘In our squad, we have that all over the pitch. So (starting) is not at the front of my mind. We go there to win a tournament. Whether or not you’re starting games, you’ve still got a role to play.

Rashford says England have talented options to come off the bench and make a difference. The Manchester United forward says he was ready to join up with the squad after a frustrating end to the domestic campaign

‘You are being deluded if you expect 11 players to win seven games in a short space of time. The squad’s going to have to be utilised.

‘I’m looking forward to it. We have a lot of young, talented players, then a mix with a few older ones who’ve played massive games for their clubs.’

Rashford endured a frustrating end to the domestic campaign when Manchester United lost the Europa League final to Villarreal, but he has assured Southgate he is physically ready to contribute and is desperate to make his mark on the European Championship.

‘I was more than ready mentally to join the team and get training again,’ Rashford added.

‘When you lose a final you want to play the next game as quickly as possible. Football is like that. The best way to recover from a big down such as losing a final is to get back among the team and play the next game.’

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9661683/Marcus-Rashford-says-not-worried-threat-England-starting-place-amid-competition.html
Old 11-06-2021, 09:46 AM   #395
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United and England star Marcus Rashford extends his long-term sponsorship agreement with Nike with the deal 'inclusive of a significant financial contribution' towards the striker's charitable work

* Marcus Rashford has extended his agreement with sportswear giants Nike
* The Man United and England star has been involved with Nike since he was 11
* The latest deal involves a 'significant contribution to Marcus' community efforts'
* The footballer forced the Government into two U-turns over free school meals

Marcus Rashford has extended his agreement with sports brand Nike - a partnership he has been involved in since the age of 11.

The Manchester United and England forward's deal with the American sportswear brand was expiring this year, with the 23-year-old being chased by Nike's fierce rivals - including Puma.

A statement from Rashford's representatives said the agreement is 'inclusive of a significant financial contribution towards Marcus' community efforts' - in a year where the footballer has impressed both on and off the pitch.

Marcus Rashford has extended his partnership with Nike who he has been with for 12 years. The Manchester United and England footballer has been involved with Nike since he was 11

D N May Sports Management announced on Twitter: 'DNMay Sports Management are thrilled to confirm that @MarcusRashford has extended his long-term relationship with @Nike, a deal inclusive of a significant financial contribution towards Marcus' community efforts. Now, focus turns to the EUROs.'

Rashford, who is currently away with England - who are also sponsored by Nike - ahead of the European Championships starting this weekend, himself tweeted: 'Thank you to @dnmaysportsmgt for your continued support.'

The forward not only wears Nike boots during his matches, but he also promotes the company's clothing wear.

Rashford's new Nike deal includes a 'significant financial contribution' to his community work

In October 2020, Rashford fronted Nike's new underwear range which the sportswear brand claim can be worn for any occasion. Two months later, he put two pairs of his special edition Nike Mercurial Superfly football boots to raise money 'for people in need at Christmas'.

The move followed the footballer's campaign to make free school meals available to poverty-stricken families during school holidays at the height of the coronavirus crisis.

Rashford's campaigning forced Prime Minister Boris Johnson into two separate U-turns over the policy, elevating the footballer to new heights in terms of social influence.

Rashford is currently preparing for Euro 2020 with England, who are also sponsored by Nike. Rashford has forced the Government into two U-turns over free school meals during holidays. Rashford initially gave his Nike sponsorship money to his mother to ease her financial woes

The England player said the issue of child hunger was close to his heart as he experienced it growing up in Wythenshawe in Greater Manchester and was awarded a MBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours List for his campaigning.

Rashford first received his Nike sponsorship deal before his teens, at a time when he had just moved into Manchester United's academy as a boarder.

He revealed last month that he initially gave his sponsorship money from the American giants to his mother so it would ease the load on their family.

Rashford told The Guardian: 'I didn't need the money, so I just used to give it to Mum. I got a lump sum from Nike once a year and she would buy me something out of the money, and I'd be more than happy with that.

'Seeing her relax sometimes was the most important thing for me, because I'd only ever seen her rushing about. The situation back then had been way more difficult than I'd realised.'

Rashford earns around £200,000-a-week in his Manchester United contract and was recently ranked in 50th place on the Sunday Times' Young Rich List for 2021.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9674261/Manchester-United-England-forward-Marcus-Rashford-extends-long-term-agreement-Nike.html
Old 02-07-2021, 10:01 AM   #396
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

England and Manchester United star Marcus Rashford leaves young Barrow fan, 8, stunned after sending Playstation 5 and handwritten letter to thank him for Christmas Foodbank campaign as Three Lions hero tweets: 'Kindness is power'

* A young Barrow fan has been left stunned by a gift from Marcus Rashford
* Joshua, 8, helped donate Christmas hampers to his local foodbank last year
* England star Rashford, 23, has sent a PS5 and a letter of thanks to Joshua
* Rashford tweeted: 'Kindness is power' after learning of Joshua's surprise
* The Man United star has helped donate over 21m meals to hungry children

A young Barrow supporter has been left gobsmacked after receiving a PlayStation 5 from England star Marcus Rashford as a surprise gift for his Christmas Foodbank campaign.

Joshua Hewson, 8, was completely blown away after a special delivery including the brand new console, a copy of PES 2021 and a handwritten letter was sent from the Manchester United star this week.

Rashford sent the generous gift to thank the young fan for his incredible Barrow United' campaign last December in which Joshua worked with Barrow AFC Community Trust to help collect donations equating to 50 Christmas hampers for the local foodbank.

Joshua was inspired to take action by the Three Lions hero, who has made great strides in helping vulnerable children throughout the pandemic, an effort that saw him awarded an MBE last October.

'I just want to say a massive thank you to Marcus Rashford,' the delighted youngster told Barrow's official website.

Joshua Hewson, 8, was blown away after Marcus Rashford sent a special gift to thank the young Barrow fan for his contributions to a foodbank over Christmas

'I am so happy I am just lost for words! It's an amazing gesture and I couldn't believe it when I found out – I am over the moon.

'Me and my family will all be watching on Saturday and cheering extra loud for Marcus and the boys against the Ukraine.'

Rashford, who is with Gareth Southgate's squad preparing for their huge quarter final match against Andriy Shevchenko's side in Rome this weekend, took time to thank Joshua for his contribution on Twitter.

Rashford, 23, has vociferously campaigned to help feed hungry children during Covid. The England star and his fans have helped donate over 21m meals since the first lockdown. Rashford thanked Joshua, who helped donate 50 Christmas hampers to his local foodbank

'Good lad Joshua. Nothing less than he deserves. Kindness is power,' he wrote alongside a love heart emoji.

Craig Rutherford, of Barrow's Community Trust, added: 'We have all been completely blown away by Joshua's maturity and empathy towards people who may be in need.

'We're really happy to have helped him bring his idea to life and we all agree he's a credit to his parents and his school.'

In April, it was announced that Rashford and the food redistribution charity he has teamed up with have funded more than 21million meals since the first lockdown.

Rashford, 23, partnered with the charity FareShare around the start of the first lockdown, concerned that school closures could lead to millions of pupils going hungry.

He forced a Government U-turn on free school meal vouchers over the summer holidays, and his petition urging the Government to go further in tackling child hunger hit 100,000 signatures just 10 hours after it was launched.

Donations from Rashford and his fans have since funded the distribution of food equivalent to more than 21 million meals, with two-thirds going to children and families.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-9745315/England-Manchester-United-star-Marcus-Rashford-gives-special-gift-young-Barrow-fan.html
Old 13-07-2021, 09:42 AM   #397
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'All I can say is sorry': Marcus Rashford posts long, heartfelt response to England's agonising penalty shootout loss against Italy in the Euro 2020 final... with Man United star apologising for missing spot-kick and responding to racist abuse

* Rashford failed to score his attempt as England lost 3-2 on penalties on Sunday
* The Red Devils star sent the goalkeeper the wrong way but his shot hit the post
* Rashford addressed his lack of confidence and discussed racism towards him

Marcus Rashford has revealed his penalty agony after missing during England's shootout defeat by Italy in the Euro 2020 final on Sunday.

The Manchester United striker was brought on in the last minute of extra time to take a spot-kick, but his effort clipped the outside of a post.

Jadon Sancho and Bukayo Saka then saw their efforts saved as Italy won the shootout 3-2, after which all three players suffered vile racist taunts on social media.

Marcus Rashford (left) has posted a heartfelt response to England's Euro 2020 final defeat

The players and head coach Gareth Southgate rallied around the trio on Monday, with Southgate labelling the abuse 'unforgivable' and captain Harry Kane telling the bigots: 'We don't want you.'

A mural of Rashford in Greater Manchester was defaced in the hours following the final, but locals responded by covering the graffiti with messages of support for the striker.

In a statement on Twitter on Monday night, Rashford, 23, said: 'I don't even know how to put into words how I'm feeling at this exact time. I've had a difficult season and I probably went into that final with a lack of confidence.

'I've always backed myself for a penalty but something didn't feel quite right.

'During the long run-up I was saving myself a bit of time and unfortunately the result was not what I wanted. I felt as though I had let my team-mates down. A penalty was all I'd been asked to contribute for the team. I can score penalties in my sleep so why not that one?

The Manchester United star came on alongside soon-to-be team-mate Jadon Sancho. But the pair unfortunately both failed to score from the spot as Italy triumphed 3-2 on penalties

'It's been playing over in my head — there's probably not a word to describe how it feels. Final. Fifty-five years. One penalty. History. All I can say is sorry. I wish it had gone differently.

'Whilst I continue to say sorry, I want to shout out my team-mates. A brotherhood has been built and that is unbreakable.

'Your success is my success. Your failures are mine.'

Rashford also took on the abuse he received online and at the mural, saying: 'I've grown into a sport where I expect to read things written about myself. Whether it be the colour of my skin, where I grew up or, most recently, how I decide to spend my time off the pitch.

Quote:
Marcus Rashford's tweet in full

I don't even know where to start and I don't even know how to put into words how I'm feeling at this exact time.

I've had a difficult season, I think that's been clear for everyone to see and I probably went into that final with a lack of confidence.

I've always backed myself for a penalty but something didn't feel quite right. During the long run-up I was saving myself a bit of time and unfortunately the result was not what I wanted.

I felt as though I had let my team-mates down.

A penalty was all I'd been asked to contribute for the team. I can score penalties in my sleep so why not that one? It's been playing in my head over and over since I struck the ball and there's probably not a word to describe how it feels.

Final. Fifty-five years. One penalty. History. All I can say is sorry.

I wish it had gone differently. Whilst I continue to say sorry I want to shout out my team-mates. This summer has been one of the best camps I've experienced and you've all played a role in that. A brotherhood has been built and that is unbreakable.

Your success is my success. Your failures are mine.

I've grown into a sport where I expect to read things written about myself. Whether it be the colour of my skin, where I grew up, or, most recently, how I decide to spend my time off the pitch.

I can take critique of my performance all day long, my penalty was not good enough, it should have gone in but I will never apologise for who I am and where I came from.

I've felt no prouder moment than wearing those three lions on my chest and seeing my family cheer me on in a crowd of 10s of thousands.

The messages I've received today have been positively overwhelming and seeing the response in Withington had me on the verge of tears.

The communities that always wrapped their arms around me continue to hold me up.

I'm Marcus Rashford, 23-year-old black man from Withington and Wythenshawe, south Manchester. If I have nothing else I have that.

For all the kind messages, thank you. I'll be back stronger. We'll be back stronger.

MR10
'I can take critique of my performance all day long, my penalty was not good enough. But I will never apologise for who I am and where I came from. I've felt no prouder moment than wearing those three lions on my chest and seeing my family cheer me on in a crowd of 10s of thousands.

'The messages I've received today have been positively overwhelming and seeing the response in Withington had me on the verge of tears. The communities that always wrapped their arms around me continue to hold me up.

'I'm Marcus Rashford, 23-year-old black man from Withington and Wythenshawe, south Manchester. If I have nothing else I have that.

'For all the kind messages, thank you. I'll be back stronger. We'll be back stronger.'

People place messages of support to cover up abuse that was left on a mural of Rashford

Southgate said: 'For them to be abused is unforgivable really. I know a lot of it's come from abroad, but not all of it.

'It's just not what we stand for,' the manager added. 'We've been a beacon of light in bringing people together and people being able to relate to the national team.

'We've shown the power our country has when it does come together.'

Kane joined the condemnation on Monday night, tweeting: 'Three lads who were brilliant all summer had the courage to step up and take a pen when the stakes were high. They deserve support and backing, not the vile racist abuse they've had since last night.

'If you abuse anyone on social media you're not an England fan and we don't want you.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9781617/Marcus-Rashford-delivers-long-heartfelt-response-Englands-penalty-shoot-loss-against-Italy.html
Old 28-10-2021, 10:33 AM   #398
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'I am embarrassed': Marcus Rashford breaks silence after Manchester United's humiliating 5-0 loss to Liverpool, reiterating Cristiano Ronaldo and Harry Maguire's message that the fans 'didn't deserve that' and urges club to 'redeem' themselves

* Manchester United are still reeling from their humiliating 5-0 loss to Liverpool
* The Red Devils were thrashed at Old Trafford by their fiercest rivals on Sunday
* Marcus Rashford has finally taken to Twitter to reveal his frustration at the result
* The 23-year-old admitted he was stunned into silence by the home defeat
* Harry Maguire, Cristiano Ronaldo and Luke Shaw all apologised after the game

Marcus Rashford has broken his silence after Manchester United's humiliating 5-0 home loss to Liverpool on Sunday, revealing he is still 'embarrassed' by the shock result.

The Red Devils were thrashed at Old Trafford by their fiercest rivals, with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side were 4-0 down at half-time and Mohamed Salah completing a hat-trick in their fourth straight Premier League match without a victory.

Rashford, who came through the club's academy and started the match on Sunday, revealed he stunned into silence by the result but has urged the United squad to 'redeem' themselves with their disappointed supporters.

Marcus Rashford has broken his silence after Manchester United's 5-0 loss to Liverpool. Rashford admits he is still 'embarrassed' by the shock home defeat to United's arch-rivals. Rashford took to Twitter on Wednesday after admitting he was stunned into silence by the loss

The 23-year-old tweeted on Wednesday night: 'I can't lie you haven't heard from me on here because as a United fan I didn't really know what to say after Sunday. I was embarrassed. I am embarrassed.

'Our fans are everything and you didn't deserve that. We're working hard to try and fix this. We have to redeem ourselves.'

Rashford is one of several Manchester United players to apologise to their fans after the shock victory, which is Liverpool's biggest win at the home of the Red Devils in Premier League history.

Sunday afternoon was also the first time United have been four goals down at half-time since the top-flight was revamped in 1992.

The 23-year-old has urged his Manchester United team-mates to 'redeem' themselves

After the match, United captain Harry Maguire was the first Manchester United player to offer an apology to the Red Devils fans for the shocking result.

Speaking on Sky Sports, Maguire said: 'First and foremost, apologies to the fans. It's nowhere near good enough at this club. We are all disappointed.

'The only real thing is we have to apologise to the fans. They stuck right with us, singing and chanting at 5-0, but for us as a club we have to do better.'

'We are so disappointed, we gave them too many chances, they were really clinical. Defensively, and I'm a defender first and foremost, conceding four at home at Old Trafford is nowhere near good enough.

'As a player, I know myself, I will be looking at myself as an individual and the performance of the team, I'm the captain and I lead the boys. We have to come together and stick together.

'We have to look at each other and look at yourself in the mirror and think, what can you do better? It's not about looking elsewhere and blaming others.

'To lose to Liverpool, to lose in any game of football hurts this club. No matter who you are playing. Liverpool are our vials and the way we lost the game, to be 4-0 down in front of your own fans is not good enough.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10138239/Marcus-Rashford-breaks-silence-Man-Uniteds-5-0-loss-Liverpool-saying-embarrassed.html
Old 02-11-2021, 10:50 AM   #399
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Marcus Rashford hits back at Owen Hargreaves' claim he was 'fuming' at Ole Gunnar Solskjaer over benching him against Tottenham, saying his celebration was 'pure relief' after 'a hard week' following Liverpool defeat

* Marcus Rashford came off the bench to score in Man United's 3-0 win at Spurs
* Owen Hargreaves said after the match that Rashford was angry at not starting
* The ex-United man claimed he could see Rashford's anger in his celebration
* Rashford has hit out at claims he is livid with United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Marcus Rashford has slammed claims made by Owen Hargreaves that his goal celebration for Manchester United at Tottenham was aimed in frustration at Ole Gunnar Solskjaer for not starting him.

The England international broke through in the dying minutes to seal a 3-0 victory for Solskjaer's side to ease the pressure on the under-fire Norwegian after last week's thrashing by Liverpool.

Rashford went to celebrate in front of the Red Devils supporters and appeared subdued before passionately shouting in front of the visiting fans, with Hargreaves claiming that Solskjaer not starting the 23-year-old was affecting his mood.

Marcus Rashford (above) has hit out at Owen Hargreaves' claims he is angry at Ole Gunnar Solskjaer after Man United's win at Tottenham. Rashford started on the bench but came on to score a result-clinching third in a 3-0 win

But the Red Devils forward has taken to Twitter to insist that the celebration was 'pure elation' and hinted he has no issue with Solskjaer in the United dressing room.

Rashford tweeted on Monday: 'Fuming at the manager??! We won the game! That celebration was pure relief! It’s been a hard week…'

The England international came off the bench with just over 20 minutes to go to replace Cristiano Ronaldo in the 3-0 win, with Rashford one of only two players dropped from the side that was thrashed 5-0 by Liverpool last weekend.

Red Devils boss Solskjaer resisted the temptation to make wholesale changes from the Old Trafford defeat and confirmed nine of the 11 starters, with Raphael Varane coming in for Mason Greenwood in a new-look 3-4-1-2 formation for United.

Rashford appeared subdued then shouted in elation, which he claims was 'pure relief'. The 23-year-old insisted he has no issue with under-fire boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. Hargreaves claimed Rashford was livid at not starting Saturday night's match at Spurs

After the victory over Spurs, former United midfielder Hargreaves suggested Rashford would have expected to start and was unhappy at being benched.

'I think you could see that in his celebration, he was fuming,' the former United and Bayern Munich midfielder told Premier League Productions.

'But when two legends of the game are playing ahead of you it’s hard to complain in a sense.

'He (Solskjaer) is never going to drop Ronaldo, he needed somebody else in there and Cavani was fabulous last season. He probably deserved to start sooner.'

Solskjaer's decision paid off as Ronaldo and Cavani combined brilliantly to tear Spurs apart.

Ronaldo opened the scoring with a superbly taken volley towards the end of the first half, before setting up the Uruguayan for United's second.

While the combined age of United attackers was 70, the bench had a far more youthful look as it included 24-year-old Rashford along with Jadon Sancho and Mason Greenwood, who are 21 and 20 respectively.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10152549/Marcus-Rashford-hits-Owen-Hargreaves-claim-fuming-benched-Tottenham.html
Old 13-12-2021, 10:38 AM   #400
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Marcus Rashford must rediscover his best form at Manchester United or Ralf Rangnick will be left with no option but to AXE him from his starting XI after the forward delivered another abject display against Norwich on Saturday

* Marcus Rashford missed the first two months of the season due to injury
* He has struggled to find his best form since returning to the side in October
* The 24-year-old has started in Ralf Rangnick's first two league games in charge
* He has failed to shine, and could be dropped if he continues to underperform

It started with a respectable 6.5, then a rubbish 3.5, then 5.5, 6, 6, 6, 6.5 and finally a 5.5 at Carrow Road on Saturday which, if we’re being honest, was kind.

They are Marcus Rashford’s player ratings issued by Sportsmail’s reporters in every game he’s started since his return from shoulder surgery. The odd stinker amid a handful of ordinary outings, it is not enough to say he must stay a starter for Manchester United.

United won and kept another clean sheet under Ralf Rangnick, though it was not a dominant performance against the Premier League’s bottom side. Far from it, and Rangnick described his disappointment at the players’ body language afterwards.

He singled out the ‘offensive department’ for their lack of intensity, and Rashford was not the only poor performer on Saturday.

Jadon Sancho was timid, as if scared of letting down the new boss, deciding to play safe instead of driving at the opposition like the £73million winger he’s supposed to be. Bruno Fernandes was wasteful and Cristiano Ronaldo, though the scorer of the winner from the penalty spot, was ballooning chances from six yards.

It was a mediocre game for many in red shirts but this was not Rashford’s first poor display. He has endured a few of these in his eight starts since surgery in August. His last goal was in October.

Watching him repeatedly run into traffic, lose the ball and fail to threaten a makeshift Norwich back line that included a midfielder at centre back, you asked yourself: what has happened to Rashford?

Maybe he is holding himself back, nervous about placing the responsibility of a post-Ole Gunnar Solskjaer era on a shoulder still sensitive from the operation. Maybe it is an attitude issue or maybe the tactics are not suited to his style. Maybe it is just the kind of bad patch which any player can experience, especially those who are judged on scoring goals.

Whatever it is, part of Rangnick’s role in the next six months is to revive Rashford. That may need to be via the substitutes’ bench if it is decided Ronaldo would benefit better from having Edinson Cavani or Mason Greenwood beside him. Who fronts the 4-2-2-2 formation is becoming an issue for the new boss.

Ralf Rangnick was critical of Marcus Rashford's body language against Norwich on Saturday. The German coach gave Rashford the full 90 minutes, but he rarely threatened at Carrow Road. Mason Greenwood could be given a run in the side if Rashford continues to underwhelm

The better news for Rangnick is that, even though Ronaldo was not at his best, he still knows how to have a defining impact and settle a match. He won the penalty — Max Aarons’ decision to wrap his arm around his opponent’s neck was a silly one — and then scored it himself.

Sancho lasted 67 minutes before he was replaced by Greenwood, while Rashford played the full 90.

Afterwards there was a debate on social media about who is the better forward, Rashford or Anthony Martial? The latter’s agent says he wants to leave the club but plenty of fans say they would rather the former makes way.

There is a fantastic player in Rashford, who is still only 24 years old. We have seen him score and assist and create and run himself ragged enough times for club and country to know that.

It just feels like a while since we saw that side to him. United’s fixtures between now and the new year are inviting: Brentford, Brighton, Newcastle and Burnley. Rashford will want to play and if he does, he needs to shake himself out of this slump.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10302321/Marcus-Rashford-dropped-Ralf-Rangnick-Manchester-United-continues-underperform.html
Sancho mulai mendapatkan jam bermain dan sudah mencetal gol, Greenwood krmn sempat dipuji Ragnick, jika Rashford tidak segera memperbaiki performanya bisa-bisa Ragnick lebih memilih memainkan Sancho dan Greenwood

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 98
Aba_MaczUnited, AbdoelWhae, adnantsaqib69, adrieee, alfiandrmwn, alif unyil, ali_iyan, alpben, and1, andi abdul, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, annetapitt5084, Ardiey11, Ardi_UIMOLT, asby_ansya, axlfaris, B4YU, bang_zak, bbobbyitta5057, beckz_on7, Blacklist7, braausasda9593, chincarito, Deddy Hernandez, der_emperor, dzulbeid, edhowin, Eka UPC, endhy_cantona, eyeofday, fey777, fredrian.seven, ghopoereds, Gothic, Gustiono, h-ANG, Haji Paidin, Hand_rooney, HaRrY-UIK, hasyim arif, HenryRooney07, hombreng, id4y, ImranImoh30, jehnzhulze7993, jifortin, Jodirama, jojo poenya, Juni HW, kuncahyo dicky, lauraniza, Legolash, Lila, mfikri19, Muhammad Nizar, Muzen Sebastian, mygalzbiatch, NdeGue, penk22_, Rean, Regasiqbal, Rendi Pardi, revald, reza willya, RH20, rio vander vidic, Riskur, robby7beckham, rohibur rizqi, ronald hars, Rony_17, SatriaRedArmy, sepatu_ancur, smile_boy, SR 7, Taufik_Liem, theater of dream, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, united7, Van_Munandar, victory II, wazza_ampuh, widhyraditya_, wira_ozora, Zakaria Jhack, zudomiriku, Zulfan