United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 24-02-2020, 10:09 PM   #31
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: [Legend] Denis Law

HAPPY 80TH BIRTHDAY, DENIS LAW !!!

Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2021, 10:28 PM   #32
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Man United legend Denis Law, 81, announces he has dementia, with 'The King of United' now the sixth member of their 1968 European Cup squad to be diagnosed with the brain disease

* Manchester United legend Denis Law has been diagnosed with dementia
* The 81-year-old issued a statement on Thursday announcing that he has a combination of Alzheimer's and vascular dementia
* Law becomes the sixth member of the United squad that won the European * Cup in 1968 to be diagnosed with the degenerative condition
* Law spent a total of 11 years at United, scoring 237 goals in 404 appearances

Manchester United legend Denis Law has revealed that he has been diagnosed with dementia. Law, who has Alzheimer's and vascular dementia, said the 'road ahead will be hard, demanding, painful and ever-changing'.

The 81-year-old Scot becomes the sixth member of the United squad who won the European Cup in 1968 to be diagnosed with the degenerative brain disease.

Sir Bobby Charlton's family announced that he has dementia in November, two days after fellow sufferer Nobby Stiles had passed away. Tony Dunne, Bill Foulkes and David Herd were also diagnosed before their deaths.

Manchester United legend Denis Law has announced that he has a combination of Alzheimer's and vascular dementia. The 81-year-old issued a statement on Thursday announcing that he has the disease

The news that Law has joined the growing list of United players from that golden era will prompt calls for more research into the links between the condition and heading a football.

Law, known as The King at United and one of the club's Holy Trinity alongside Charlton and George Best who are immortalised by a statue outside Old Trafford, described the distress and confusion caused by his memory loss in an emotive statement.

'I am at the point where I feel I want to be open about my condition,' he said. 'I have been diagnosed with ''mixed dementia'', which is more than one type of dementia, in my case this being Alzheimer's and vascular dementia.

'This has been an extremely difficult year for everyone and the long periods of isolation have certainly not helped. It is an incredibly challenging and problematic disease and I have witnessed many friends go through this.

'You hope that it won't happen to you, even make jokes about it while ignoring the early signs because you don't want it to be true. You get angry, frustrated, confused and then worried —worried for your family, they will be the ones dealing with it.

'However, the time has come to tackle this head on, excuse the pun. I recognise how my brain is deteriorating and how my memory evades me when I don't want it to and how this causes me distress in situations that are beyond my control.

'I do understand what is happening and that is why I want to address my situation now whilst I am able, because I know there will be days when I don't understand and I hate the thought of that right now.

'I don't want people to be saddened if I forget places, people or dates because you need to remember I enjoyed all those memories and I am lucky to have experienced what I have in my life — a loving and supportive family, a great career doing what I loved and getting paid to do it and lifelong friends.

'I have good days and bad days and aim to take each day as it comes adjusting my lifestyle accordingly. I hung up my football boots a long time ago and now it's time to put my signing days behind me, too, so apologies to anyone who has sent me anything but I am just not able.

'I ask for understanding and patience as this will not be an easy journey, especially for the people who love you the most.'

Law becomes the sixth member of the United squad that won the European Cup in 1968 to be diagnosed with the degenerative condition

Law's daughter Di will take part in The Thames Bridges Trek on September 11 to raise money for the Alzheimer's Society through his justgiving.com page.

The society's chief executive Kate Lee said: 'We hope Denis's bravery in coming forward will encourage many others to seek the help they need. We've seen too many sporting heroes impacted by the condition.'

United also issued a statement, saying: 'We applaud Denis's brave words and will continue to offer whatever support we can as he adapts to this challenging condition.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-9908229/Manchester-United-legend-Denis-Law-81-announces-dementia.html
Old 21-09-2021, 09:48 AM   #33
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Manchester United and Scotland great Denis Law becomes a new champion of an Alzheimer's Society campaign a month on from revealing he was diagnosed with brain disease

* Denis Law announced he was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s and vascular dementia
* The latest former football to battle with the disease, Law has joined a campaign
* He is now a new champion of Sport United Against Dementia to help out others
* Law has also raised £40,000 for the charity since going public about his illness

Denis Law wants to help transform how sport supports dementia sufferers after becoming a new champion of a campaign by the Alzheimer’s Society.

The Manchester United and Scotland legend last month announced he had been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s and vascular dementia, the latest former footballer to reveal their battle with the disease.

Since going public about his illness, Law has raised £40,000 for the Alzheimer’s Society.

Now the 81-year-old has joined their Sport United Against Dementia (SUAD) campaign as an official champion as he looks to improve how sporting bodies and clubs care for those affected.

‘It’s been a challenging time since my dementia diagnosis for me and my family,’ said Law. ‘I’ve been touched by everyone’s well wishes and donations.

‘I hope that as a Sport United Against Dementia champion, I can continue to raise awareness so more people aren’t afraid to come forward, can spot the signs and get the help they need through Alzheimer’s Society’s fantastic support services.

Football legend Denis Law has become a champion of a campaign by the Alzheimer's Society. Manchester United legend Law has a combination of Alzheimer's and vascular dementia. Law looks to improve how sporting bodies and clubs care for those affected by Alzheimer’s

‘I know how important it is that we stay connected to the sports we love. I still get so much joy out of going to Old Trafford. Through this campaign we can bring the sporting world together to break down barriers, keeping this passion for sport alive for thousands of others who are living with dementia.’

SUAD want to raise funds to create more dementia-friendly facilities so sufferers can continue to enjoy watching live sport at stadiums and stay connected to their clubs.

Tuesday is World Alzheimer’s Day and Law is just one famous footballer to have become a SUAD champion, with Sir Geoff Hurst, Harry Redknapp, Jamie Redknapp and Jermaine Jenas also getting on board.

From cricket, Andrew Flintoff, Shane Warne and Alec Stewart have joined, as have Ben Kay and Martin Bayfield from rugby.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10010517/Denis-Law-new-champion-Alzheimers-Society-campaign.html
Old 19-11-2021, 12:38 AM   #34
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Akhirnya Denis Law memiliki patung dirinya sendiri selain patung United Trinity.
Patung ini terdapat di Aberdeen
Old 19-11-2021, 08:15 AM   #35
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Denis Law unveils a statue of himself in Aberdeen alongside Sir Alex Ferguson, as legendary manager labels the former Manchester United star as the 'greatest Scots player of all time'

* Denis Law described the statue unveiling as an 'unbelievable moment'
* The statue in Aberdeen features him pointing to the sky with the word 'legend'
* Sir Alex Ferguson stated how Law 'epitomises a Scotsman' and showed 'courage'

Manchester United and Scotland legend Denis Law has unveiled a bronze statue of himself in Aberdeen.

Sharing a stage with Sir Alex Ferguson and Aberdeen Lord Provost Barney Crockett, Law said: 'It means everything to me.

'Thank you today to the Aberdeen City Council and the Denis Law Legacy Trust for this unbelievable moment.'

Law, named affectionately The King, unveiled the statue, featuring his finger pointing to the heavens and dedicated with the single word 'Legend'.

Scotland and Manchester United legend Denis Law unveiled a status of himself along with Sir Alex Ferguson in Aberdeen on Thursday

The unveiling took place in front of those closest to Law including the former Man Utd boss. Law admitted the statue unveiling in front of family and friends was beyond his wildest dreams

Sir Alex said: 'I think this statue definitely captures him - the only thing is I don't see him wiping his sweater on his nose.

'It is an honour for me to speak by this wonderful statue in the city of Aberdeen.

'I think Denis epitomises a Scotsman, he showed fantastic courage at 15 years of age, to go down to Huddersfield, as a young kid, not many have the courage to do that type of thing.

'He had the chance to be a great player, he took the chance and his career was incredible. He was a fantastic player. He was the greatest Scots player of all time, no question.'

Law was a star player for Manchester United throughout the majority of the 1960s

Law added: 'The city and people of Aberdeen have always meant so much to me and this is truly a great honour.

'To be joined by so many of my family and friends, including Sir Alex, just makes it all the more special.

'I would like to thank them all for joining me today and also to Aberdeen City Council and Denis Law Legacy Trust for this fantastic tribute which goes way beyond my wildest dreams.'

The statue with an overall height of 4.7 metres and the bronze of 2.7 metres is sited at the gable end of Provost Skene's House, which recently reopened as a new visitor attraction after the city council's £3.8 million renovation.

It was sculpted by Alan Herriot, who was also commissioned by the council to create the statue of King Robert the Bruce outside nearby Marischal College.

Law, 81, was born and raised in the Printfield area of Aberdeen.

The former European footballer of the year and Scotland's only winner of a Ballon d'Or went to Powis Academy, before moving to England to play for Huddersfield.

Mr Crockett said: 'The people of Aberdeen hold Denis Law very close to their hearts and this statue represents appreciation of a local lad done good.

'Denis is a remarkable man, not only for his outstanding achievements on the football pitch for clubs and country, but for the fantastic charity work he has done over the decades especially through the Denis Law Legacy Trust.

'Located in the heart of the city centre I am sure thousands of people - young and older - will come and take a photo alongside this magnificent statue of The Legend that is Denis Law.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10217633/Denis-Law-unveils-statue-Aberdeen-alongside-Sir-Alex-Ferguson.html
Old 24-11-2021, 05:22 AM   #36
Andi Istiabudi
manager

LAW RECEIVES NORTH WEST FOOTBALL AWARD

Manchester United legend Denis Law was last night honoured for his contribution to the game at the North West Football Awards.

The annual event takes place each year to celebrate the region's leading lights in the beautiful game. Law was at Manchester's other Old Trafford, the home of Lancashire County Cricket Club, to collect his award in front of 600 guests.

Bryan Robson was on hand to present it to him and to hail his achievements. "This sums Denis up," said the former United captain.

"He was called 'The King'. You don't get called 'The King' for being an average player."

Law is the first recipient of the Maurice Watkins CBE Lifetime Achievement Award, named after the former United director who sadly passed away earlier this year. Maurice played an integral role with the Northwest Football Awards from its inception 14 years ago.

Off the field, Manchester United Foundation was awarded the 'Community Club of the Season - Premier League'. The Foundation dedicated the award to their committed staff who work so hard to ensure that the young people in the community get the support they deserve.

Manchester United's executive head chef, James Tagg, collected the 'Unsung Hero' award in recognition of his work throughout the pandemic.

Spearheading a catering team of over 100 staff, Tagg designed and implemented an industrial-scale operation to produce 60,000 meals for hard-working NHS staff in local hospitals and 85,000 meals for locals families, distributed through our partner school network.

Congratulations to all our winners, and well done to the three players who were shortlisted for individual awards on the pitch - namely Luke Shaw (Player of the Year), Ona Batlle (Player of the Year and Rising Star) and Shola Shoretire (Rising Star).

www.manutd.com

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 19
alfiandrmwn, Andi Istiabudi, Blacklist7, bucay deathbat, Deddy Hernandez, egata, fajrinited, Gustar_UIBontang, icalace, NdeGue, penk22_, rio vander vidic, Ryan_lallo, sepatu_ancur, UNITED1878, vankyoet, wira_ozora, zudomiriku