United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 05-08-2021, 12:51 PM   #641
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gary Neville

Gary Neville hails Man United's transfer business so far but warns they must 'sort out' their goalkeeping situation as David de Gea and Dean Henderson both battle to be Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's No 1

* Gary Neville says Man United need to decide who will be their No 1 for new term
* David de Gea and Dean Henderson will compete to be first choice this season
* Neville also hailed the imminent signing of Real Madrid star Raphael Varane
* Henderson is a doubt for the start of the season after recently contracting Covid

Gary Neville has hailed Jadon Sancho and Raphael Varane as 'exciting' deals but warns that Manchester United must sort out their goalkeeping situation.

Sancho completed his £73million move from Borussia Dortmund last month, finally ending United's protracted pursuit of the 21-year-old winger.

The Red Devils are also set to bolster their defensive ranks with Real Madrid centre-back Varane, who is on the verge of concluding his £42m move.

David de Gea (left) and Dean Henderson (right) will compete to be No 1 at Manchester United. Gary Neville has urged United to make a decision on who the first choice goalkeeper will be

Although Neville admits he has been impressed with United's summer recruitment, he is adamant that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's main focus must now be on settling on a No 1 keeper between David de Gea and Dean Henderson.

'I think Varane is really exciting. Sancho's exciting but it was almost inevitable that was going to happen,' Neville told Sky Sports. 'They needed to fill that right-wing spot. It's been a bit of a problem for the last year or two. I think demonstrating patience and getting him, to be fair, was a bit more measured.

'I think just sort the goalkeeping situation out, settle that down, decide who is going to be number one and United are in a good position defensively and Sancho can hopefully bring that balance that's needed in attack.'

Neville also praised United's transfer policy this summer and says his former club are starting to bring in the right kind of players to take the club forward.

He added: 'They're not getting players for the sake of it. Varane is exciting and I think last season, every United fan, every commentator, pundit, fan and analyst watched United and said, 'They need a partner for Harry Maguire', and they've got one.'

'If they can stay fit together, and obviously the two full-backs as well who have got great energy, both of them are great defenders – one of them is great going forward and Aaron Wan-Bissaka is definitely improving.'

De Gea has been United's No 1 since signing for the club from Atletico Madrid in 2011, however his form has been inconsistent in recent years which has also seen his lose his spot as Spain's first-choice keeper.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is hoping for more arrivals and has a big decision to make about his No 1

Henderson established himself as a credible threat to de Gea's position after impressing during his two seasons on loan at Sheffield United. The England star is however a doubt for the start of the season as he is suffering with prolonged fatigue after testing positive for Covid-19 three weeks ago.

De Gea was reportedly set to be displaced by Henderson after a poor performance against Villarreal at the end of last season as United lost the Europa League final to the Spanish side, but he is now set to start between the sticks for United's first fixture of the Premier League season against Leeds on August 14.

Tom Heaton is also in contention to start. The 35-year-old returned to club after leaving Aston Villa earlier this summer.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9859861/Gary-Neville-warns-Manchester-United-sort-goalkeeping-situation.html
Old 18-09-2021, 04:06 PM   #642
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Former England manager Sven Goran Eriksson brands Gary Neville as a 'professional MOANER'... claiming he was given a warning by David Beckham over the former right-back's perceived negativity during a Three Lions training session

* Sven Goran Eriksson was England manager between 2001 and 2006
* The Swede regularly picked Gary Neville as well as David Beckham in his side
* But he says Beckham had to warn him over Neville at an England training session
* Beckham and Neville often combined well as England and Man Utd teammates
* Despite labelling Neville as a moaner, Eriksson praised his professionalism

Sven Goran Eriksson has called Gary Neville a 'professional moaner' and that he had to be warned by David Beckham what to expect from the former full-back shortly after becoming England manager.

Eriksson was appointed as England boss in 2001 during a period when Neville and Beckham were international team-mates as well as Manchester United stars having come through the fabled 'class of 92.'

But while Neville was one of the stand-out full-backs of his generation, winning 85 caps between 1995 and 2007, his perceived negativity is remembered with light fondness by his former international boss.

Former England boss Sven Goran Eriksson has branded Gary Neville as a 'professional moaner'. Despite Eriksson's light hearted jab, Neville was often a key player in the Swede's England side

'Gary Neville is a professional moaner in everything,' Eriksson told the Italian Football Podcast.

'Beckham told me during one of the first England training sessions, "Boss, don’t listen to him. He was born like that and he’ll die like that. But he’s a good man and he doesn’t really mean what he says.”'

Since retiring from playing in 2011, Neville has since gone on to become one of the leading sports pundits, with Eriksson praising the 46-year-old's approach.

'Neville is very professional in what he is doing,' Eriksson added. 'But he has to say his opinion always, especially if it is something negative but he was always very, very much respective of his team-mates and everybody knew how he was and nobody listened to him.'

Neville won 85 England caps across his international career stretching from 1995 to 2007. David Beckham and Neville combined well for England as well as Manchester United. Eriksson though admits he had to be warned over Neville's negative stance by Beckham

Eriksson regularly stuck with Neville as his first choice right-back, choosing him for Euro 2004 and the 2006 World Cup.

The former United star would have been Eriksson's first pick at the 2002 World Cup also, with only injury ruling him out of the tournament in Japan and South Korea.

Neville has become a household name in punditry and his friendly rivalry with Sky Sports colleague Jamie Carragher is often played out on screen and on social media.

Carragher hilariously mocked Neville after he posted a picture of himself laughing at Liverpool before they staged a second-half comeback to beat AC Milan on Wednesday.

Neville made the same error on Tuesday night by posting a sarcastic video of himself laughing, accompanied by a goat emoji after Cristiano Ronaldo scored Manchester United's opener against Young Boys.

The post appeared to be a dig at his Monday Night Football partner Carragher, who had argued with Neville that Lionel Messi was the world's best instead of Ronaldo.

However, Neville was left with egg on his face when Young Boys battled back to claim a shock victory over United - and Carragher couldn't resist taunting him by posting a picture of the former defender with his hands over his face and setting it as his new Twitter profile.

Neville clearly didn't learn his lesson and fell victim to the same trap again on Wednesday night after AC Milan went into the break at Anfield 2-1 ahead.

The ex-United man posted two selfies of him looking shocked and laughing on social media, but was left red-faced again when goals from Mo Salah and Jordan Henderson sealed a 3-2 comeback victory for Jurgen Klopp's side.

Carragher, predictably, was quick to poke fun at Neville's expense, putting a hilarious filter over his face and writing: '@GNev2 as that goal went in,' accompanied by laughing emojis.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10001739/Sven-Goran-Eriksson-brands-Gary-Neville-professional-MOANER-warned-David-Beckham.html
Old 19-10-2021, 10:28 AM   #643
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Bristling Gary Neville tears into Manchester United flops - calling them 'appalling', 'baggy', 'BABIES' who 'think they're better than they are' - but insists he will NEVER call for a manager to be sacked after being pressed on Solskjaer's future

* Manchester United were disappointing in a 4-2 loss versus Leicester on Saturday
* Several of the Foxes goals came due to poor Red Devils defending and mistakes
* And United legend Gary Neville blasted the club's attackers for their showings

Gary Neville has ripped into Manchester United stars, but insisted he will never call for a manager to be sacked when pressed on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's future.

United lost 4-2 against Leicester in a highly disappointing showing on Saturday, leading to further questions over Solskjaer's management of the Red Devils.

And although Neville blasted the performance on Sky Sports' Monday Night Football - calling United 'baggy and appalling' - he restated his desire to avoid calling for Solskjaer's head.

He said: 'United were appalling all the way through. In the second half there was a massive, massive change - Leicester looked like they could score with every single attack.

Gary Neville has blasted Manchester United players after a poor 4-2 defeat against Leicester. But club legend Neville insisted he will never call for a manager to be sacked when pressed on the future of current Red Devils boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer on Sky Sports. Neville called United stars 'appalling', 'baggy', 'babies' who 'think they're better than they are'

'United are just baggy, there's space everywhere and they're a pretty awful team to watch when they're baggy. They must think they're better than they are. You end up with two teams: the front five, the egos, the great players, and the back five.

'You've got individual errors, but also a disconnected team. This United team are also really poor in reacting to goals. They're like babies. If they score, they puff their chests out. Really basic errors.

'This United team, they haven't got a style or identity, only brilliant players. The players broke rank, it's bad and they need to correct that pretty quickly because they'll lose a lot of games playing like that.'

Neville then continued to compare United's forward players unfavourably to those from Liverpool and Manchester City, in terms of work rate and pressing.

He added: 'I don't believe this is a (Paul) Pogba problem. I saw attackers flailing around at team-mates they don't like, and that has to stop. What Ole has to somehow prove is that he can get top players to work hard. United's forward players are not organised, they need to put a shift in.

'City and Liverpool's players work like dogs, and they're the best players in the world. Why is it that we accept United's players won't work as hard as them? Ole has to get the best out of them. If he doesn't, he's going to have a massive problem at the end of the season.

'I thought last season there was something building. They've got six grenades where the pins have been pulled out in the dressing room. You've got massive characters and all the issues developing with the dynamics in the new squad. Ole has to solve this week. United could beat Liverpool but they have to get that spirit right.

'Ole should be under massive pressure but the club are not going to change him. I'm not going to come on the show and call for a manager to be sacked. But the pressure is building, and it should do. What a collection of players, they've now got to perform and Ole has to get them to perform.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10104959/Gary-Neville-tears-Manchester-United-stars-calling-appalling-baggy-babies.html
Old 19-11-2021, 08:38 AM   #644
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Gary Neville 'NEVER smiled' on the pitch because football used to 'RUIN' his week... but the former Manchester United defender reveals his move into punditry was the best thing to happen as the 'anger left' him

* Gary Neville has opened up on how football as a player would 'ruin' his week
* The former Manchester United full-back has since moved across into television
* He explained how the decision to go into punditry allowed him to let go of 'anger'
* Neville also said he never thought about asking Sky not to hire Jamie Carragher

Gary Neville credits his move into television in allowing him to get rid of the 'anger' inside him that he had as a player at Manchester United.

The 46-year-old emerged at Old Trafford as part of the famous Class of '92 group and he went on to be richly successful under iconic boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

But Neville found football difficult to enjoy and he has opened up on how his mindset and feelings towards the game have changed since moving in to television.

'All the anger left me. The second I left United, which was the second I finished my career, the anger left me, the tension left me,' Neville told SPORTbible's ‘My Stories’ show.

Gary Neville has opened up on his struggles in enjoying football as a professional player. He was part of a richly successful Manchester United but said he 'never smiled' on the pitch

'If you think about me I never smiled on the football pitch, I never smiled in 20 years.

'I never once saw football as a joy. Then, when I left football, I could become me and get rid of that. I used to take it home with me at night and it used to ruin my week, as it did all of us.'

Since retiring from professional football in 2011, Neville has gone on to become one of the game's authoritative pundits, working for Sky Sports.

Since retiring in 2011, Neville (right) moved to TV work and said 'anger' as a player has left him

Neville has his own podcast and is the face of the flagship Monday Night Football show, alongside one of his foes from his playing days, Jamie Carragher.

Asked if he could have put in a word to stop Carragher, who enjoyed some feisty battles with Neville and Manchester United as a player, Neville dismissed the idea he could veto a potential colleague.

'I wondered what it would be like at the end of my career when I went to work in television with players who I essentially didn't get on with. Jamie Carragher famously,' he explained.

'I was at Sky for two to three years before, I was doing Monday Night Football and if I'd have said "I don't want him to come in" it may have influenced Sky at the time but I'd never do that.

'I was bigger than that and would always say "no, we've always got to have the best for the show". We've always got to have the best for what we are doing.

'If I am at Sky now I want the best production, the best studio, I want the best pundits in there, I want us to give great entertainment. You have to.

'I always think that way and I have to say it became obvious within 12 months that I was going to have to adapt and change.'

Neville and Carragher have struck up great on-screen camaraderie and have shown a chemistry on TV that differs from the ferocity of their battles as players.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10217717/Gary-Neville-NEVER-smiled-pitch-football-used-RUIN-week.html
Old 12-04-2022, 10:05 AM   #645
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Gary Neville tells 'farcical', egotistical Man United stars not ONE OF THEM could play for Man City or Liverpool - and says Erik ten Hag could turn down their 'GRAVEYARD of reputations' after they 'wounded' Rangnick and 'turned over' Solskjaer

* Manchester United's dismal season continued with Saturday's 1-0 loss at Everton
* They wasted a chance to make up ground on a seemingly distant top-four finish
* Gary Neville won 17 major honours at Old Trafford but branded the team 'a farce'

Gary Neville's honest and stinging criticism of Manchester United has continued with the club legend sticking the boot into the current squad for their malaise once more.

The Red Devils' tumultuous campaign hit another low on Saturday as they lost 1-0 at relegation-battling Everton.

The tepid defeat saw seventh-placed United miss out on the opportunity to bolster their top-four hopes - especially as Arsenal and West Ham, who sit fifth and sixth, both lost at the weekend too.

United's miserable display was in stark contrast to the football on show on Sunday between their most hated rivals as Manchester City and Liverpool drew 2-2 in a high-octane affair.

Gary Neville has stuck the boot into Manchester United once more after they lost at Everton. United legend Neville called the current Red Devils squad 'a bit of a farce' after their latest loss

And reflecting on the gap between his old side and the Premier League's top two, the 48-year-old said it was no comparison.

'I've got very few words left for Manchester United,' he said on the Gary Neville Podcast. 'No anger, no comment anymore. They are a bit of a farce; you almost expect it from them. The players are taking Ralf Rangnick down with them. They are bad.

'When I look at Manchester City and Liverpool, they have humble football players; no over-inflated egos, they understand their position, the team comes first.

'There isn't one Manchester United player that would get into any of those two teams, so why would you have an over-inflated ego, think you didn't have to work hard, or be spiritless? I don't see anything anymore.'

The rebuilding job ahead of next season is already underway at Old Trafford with the Red Devils looking to appoint Erik ten Hag as their new manager this summer.

However, given the state that United are in Neville fears that the Ajax boss may be put off by taking the job and damaging his reputation, with interim Rangnick 'wounded' by events that are currently unfolding.

'I suspect Rangnick will be speaking to Ten Hag honestly, [Donny] van de Beek will be answering him honestly,' Neville, who won 17 major honours during an illustrious career at United, continued. We know Edwin van der Sar is over at Ajax and will be speaking to Ten Hag honestly.

'They will be saying be very careful about going to Manchester United because it can be a graveyard for reputations at this moment in time.

'Rangnick came with an incredible reputation but he's now starting to be wounded by what's happening around him and he looks weaker and vulnerable on the touchline due to the performances of players on the pitch, who have nothing to do with him.

'Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is a good man, the players liked him and yet they turned him over. It's a real difficult position for the club to be at.'

Neville fears Ajax boss Erik ten Hag could wave away United's interest in him taking over. Neville believes current United interim boss Ralf Rangnick has been 'wounded' by their strife. Previous boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was also let down by United's players, says Neville

United could have a say in the title race with the Red Devils due to travel to Liverpool on April 19.

And Neville believes the fact the Reds have to face an 'appalling' United could swing the momentum their way in their tussle with City.

Liverpool twice came from behind to draw 2-2 against City at the Etihad Stadium on Sunday in their crucial title showdown, leaving them one point behind the leaders with seven league games each left this season.

Reigning champions City's remaining matches are widely seen as slightly easier than Liverpool's, but Neville claimed the awful form of his former club United and Frank Lampard's Everton meant it was actually Liverpool who have things easier.

He said: 'In the Premier League we've looked at City's run-in and think 'that's an easier run-in'. But actually that's because historically we're looking at a Merseyside derby and a Manchester United game that ordinarily in any other season would be quite tough.

'Those two teams, to be honest with you, are appalling at this moment in time so they could be easier than any of the teams City have got. Watford are fighting for their lives, Leeds still have to win games, Newcastle...

'Before the game we looked at that Liverpool run-in and thought, other than Tottenham, the rest of them are (not too bad)... you think it's a tougher run-in but it's not.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10706829/Gary-Neville-tells-farcical-Manchester-United-stars-not-ONE-play-Man-City-Liverpool.html
Old 08-08-2022, 10:03 AM   #646
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Gary Neville says Erik ten Hag will be 'shocked' by the squad he inherited and defeat by Brighton is a 'reality check' - as Roy Keane insists the players are NOT giving 100% and 'don't run, don't sprint'

* Gary Neville has slammed Manchester United chiefs following Brighton defeat
* The Sky pundit branded the squad Erik Ten Hag has been given as 'unacceptable'
* Roy Keane scolded players in the lacklustre defeat for 'not giving 100%'
* Neville also labelled United's showing in the loss as 'a familiar performance'

Gary Neville has slammed Manchester United chiefs for not backing new manager Erik ten Hag as his side were beaten 2-1 at home in their first game of the new Premier League season.

The former Manchester United player, turned television pundit, refused to blame the new manager and his latest recruits, Lisandro Martinez and Christian Eriksen, but instead pointed the finger at those in charge of transfer dealings at the club.

On a day when club owner Avram Glazer was in attendance to watch the start of what he hopes is a new era of success under the Dutch boss, Neville showcased his disappointment in the state of the squad that Ten Hag has been handed at Old Trafford.

'It's too early to judge new signings. Coming into a very difficult game and a very difficult situation' said Neville on Sky Sports.

'I thought (Lisandro) Martinez to be fair did some really good things but could have done better with the goal.

'He should have seen the run-off and it's his goal that one. That's his run but the reality is it's his first game at Old Trafford in a new team, a struggling team so there's no reflection on him.

'I don't look at the manager or the new players here Eriksen or Martinez and think they are the problem at all. They are brand new to it.

Erik ten Hag lost his first Premier League game as Man United manager in a 2-1 loss to Brighton. Sky Sports pundit Gary Neville refused to blame new signings Christian Eriksen and Lisandro Martinez for their part in the opening day defeat. Neville criticised Manchester United club chiefs for giving Ten Hag an 'unacceptable' squad

'The problem has got to be that the club haven't handed the coach a better squad. It's unacceptable at the start of the season. That could not happen and it has happened' he added.

However Neville momentarily clashed with former United Captain Roy Keane when he claimed the players were giving 100% effort, something Keane didn't agree with.

'I think that the players they've got there every one of them that I watch is giving 100%. They need better players coming in alongside them. They are giving their all.

Keane interrupted him, stating: 'But we saw the stats last year Gary. They don't run, they don't sprint, to me that's not giving 100%.

'The word coming home from the training ground for the last month or two is they're not training properly, the discipline they are going to train on time that comes from the group, not the coaches, you know that better than anybody.

'They are not giving 100%. I think today was a bit of a lack of football intelligence. They are dead open and can't seem to keep clean sheets.

Most expected United to put on a stunning show of dominance at the Theatre of Dreams as they welcomed a Brighton side that had been robbed of their best players in the transfer market.

Former United captain Roy Keane blamed the players for not giving '100%'. Roy Keane insisted players have to take responsibility as he questioned United's character. United tried to stage a late comeback but couldn't find an equaliser after conceding twice

A team that had never won at Old Trafford scored twice to ensure United's Ten Hag got off to a record-breaking start in his new job, albeit not a record he would have wanted on his first matchday in the office.

The Red Devils had endured a positive pre-season tour of Thailand and America, and arrived for their Premier League opener with the apparent bit between their teeth, but Keane admitted he wasn't surprised with the performance.

'I go back to that DNA and the culture at this club, the players on the training ground it's not there.

'I don't see personalities, I don't see character. You said Harry Maguire said it was a nightmare and I respect that, well it's up to the players to do something about it,' he said.

'Harry the captain after every game last season keeps coming out saying "we are disappointed, we will regroup, we go again", it's leopards and spots.

'They have got to make some changes.'

Neville echoed similar thoughts, insisting that fans wouldn't have been shocked to see similar players underperforming.

'I think it would have been a shock to him (Ten Hag).

'They had a promising pre-season but anybody who watched those Manchester United players over the last year or so will have recognised that's a familiar performance and the people above (Ten Hag) should have known that was an unacceptable situation to hand Erik ten Hag that squad at the start of the season.

'It needed improving and obviously there is still 2 or 3 weeks to go in the transfer window but he will need 3 or 4 weeks to work with them.

'I'm sure there is the element that every new coach comes in and they think they can do better with the players than the last coach because they believe they are a better coach.

'That's what is probably the case with this, but the reality of it is he has seen what those players are today.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11089877/Gary-Neville-says-Erik-ten-Hag-shocked-squad-inherited-Manchester-United.html
Old 18-08-2022, 09:39 AM   #647
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'Stand up now and speak': Gary Neville calls on Cristiano Ronaldo to break his silence on his Manchester United stand-off after striker posted cryptic message slamming media for 'lies' and vowing to reveal 'the truth' in a couple weeks

* Gary Neville is urging Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo to speak up now
* The Portuguese star will reveal the truth about his situation in a couple of weeks
* The forward has accused the media of 'telling lies' about him during the summer
* Neville posted on social media calling for Ronaldo to solve his United stand-off

Gary Neville is urging 'the greatest player of all time' Cristiano Ronaldo to break his silence now on his ongoing transfer saga, rather than waiting two more weeks for the transfer window to shut.

The Portuguese forward has threatened to lift the lid on the 'truth' relating to his transfer stand-off with United in a bombshell interview 'in a couple (of) weeks'.

This comes after multiple reports that the 37-year-old is desperate for a move away from Old Trafford this summer and wants to join a club that can offer Champions League football.

Neville, who won three Premier League titles at Old Trafford alongside the forward, is urging him to speak up now and rescue the club's miserable start to the new season, as they currently sit bottom of the Premier League after two matches played.

Gary Neville is urging Cristiano Ronaldo to speak up now on his ongoing transfer saga. The forward has threatened to lift the lid on the 'truth' relating to his transfer stand-off

'Why does the greatest player of all time (in my opinion) have to wait two weeks to tell Manchester United fans the truth? Stand up now and speak.

'The club is in crisis and it needs leaders to lead. He’s the only one who can grab this situation by the scruff of the neck!'

United legend Neville believes Ronaldo is the only one who can control the situation

Neville's tweet comes after Sportsmail reported on Tuesday night that United are insistent that Ronaldo will not be sold in the final few weeks of the summer transfer window - despite recent reports that boss Erik ten Hag is open to selling the forward.

But Ronaldo replied to a fan account on Instagram and accused the media of 'telling lies'.

Ronaldo added that he has been keeping a tally of articles about him and only five out of 100 were accurate.

There are just over two weeks until the closure of the transfer window, which is seemingly when the former Real Madrid star will give his side of events.

In his message, Ronaldo wrote: 'They know the truth when they interview in a couple weeks. The media is telling lies.

'I have a notebook and in the last few months of the 100 news I made, only 5 were right. Imagine how it is. Stick with that tip.'

There have been some suggestions that Ronaldo is having a negative influence at United

Ronaldo missed much of United's pre-season amid speculation over his future, with the club stating that he was absent for personal reasons.

Ronaldo's agent, Jorge Mendes, has been working on an exit plan for his client but Chelsea, Bayern Munich and Atletico Madrid have each distanced themselves from a move for the veteran forward.

The superstar did, however, return to training and has featured in both games as United have endured a woeful start to the campaign with defeats to Brighton and Brentford.

After coming on as a substitute against Brighton, Ronaldo played the entirety of the 4-0 loss to Brentford.

In his first year back at Old Trafford he scored 24 goals across all competitions for United last season.

This week it was reported that Ronaldo is among a group of senior players at United who have urged the club's hierarchy to invest in further signings.

In some quarters, however, there have been suggestions that he is having a negative influence on the team.

Ronaldo’s reluctance to be part of the high press favoured by Ten Hag is being cited as another reason why the team might be better off without him, but his upcoming interview may well dismiss those claims.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11119195/Gary-Neville-calls-Cristiano-Ronaldo-break-silence-Manchester-United-stand-off.html
Old 19-08-2022, 09:37 AM   #648
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'Now is not the time to be throwing your arms around!': Gary Neville believes Cristiano Ronaldo is the ONLY Man United player who can lead the squad through their current crisis - and Erik Ten Hag's men are 'crying out for help'

* Gary Neville has implored Cristiano Ronaldo to lead crisis-ridden United
* Ronaldo has been pushing for a move away from United throughout the summer
* Neville says there is a 'lack of confidence' among the United squad
* Erik ten Hag's team are bottom of the Premier League following a disastrous start

Gary Neville has implored Cristiano Ronaldo to assume a leadership role at Manchester United following their disastrous start to the season - despite the Portuguese star wanting to leave Old Trafford.

United currently sit bottom of the Premier League table following two consecutive defeats, with the ongoing uncertainty of Ronaldo's future at the club appearing the bleed into their performances on the pitch.

Appearing on The Diary of a CEO podcast, Neville explained his belief that the 37-year-old striker is the only member of Erik ten Hag's squad that is capable of leading United out of the ongoing struggles.

Speaking on his issues with Ronaldo's on-field antics amid the ongoing speculation regarding the forward's future at Old Trafford, Neville said: 'That's where I am a little bit critical about Cristiano.

'You're the man, you're the star. You're the best player in the world. Come on. Now's not the time to be throwing your arms around. Now's not the time to be walking off the pitch.'

Gary Neville shared his views on the current situation at Manchester United. Neville professed his belief that Cristiano Ronaldo is the only player who can lead the club

Neville said that, while he understands Ronaldo's desire to leave the club, he believes the Portuguese could play a vital part in United's resurgence should he choose to stay.

'Now's the time to be leading those people, but he wants to leave. And that might happen and who can blame him?' Neville said.

'He wants to finish his career at a club that's achieving great things. But I do think he's the only player in that dressing room that could lead them. He's the only one with the in-built resilience and mental strength.'

Neville has previously called for Ronaldo to break his silence now on his ongoing transfer saga, rather than waiting two more weeks for the transfer window to shut.

The Portuguese forward has threatened to lift the lid on the 'truth' relating to his transfer stand-off with United in a bombshell interview 'in a couple (of) weeks'.

'Why does the greatest player of all time (in my opinion) have to wait two weeks to tell Manchester United fans the truth? Stand up now and speak,' Neville said.

'The club is in crisis and it needs leaders to lead. He’s the only one who can grab this situation by the scruff of the neck!'

United have endured their worst start to a Premier League season under new boss Erik ten Hag. Neville believes that a lack of senior leadership figures at the club is damaging Ten Hag's team

Neville also revealed he has sympathy with the current United squad, despite their failings this season.

'I do feel sorry for the players and that won't go down well with a lot of Manchester United fans, who'll say they're overpaid and bluffing it. They're not. I know some of those lads - they're good lads,' he said.

'If they were sat here now with me and you, you'd be thinking there's an element of vulnerability there, there is a lack of confidence, they're crying out for help.'

United have endured their worst-ever start to a Premier League season under Ten Hag, with a number of ongoing transfer sagas only further damaging the club's already tainted reputation.

Frenkie de Jong now looks unlikely to join the club despite being earmarked as Ten Hag's top targets prior to the transfer window, and a failure to agree on personal terms means French international Adrien Rabiot is also unlikely to make the switch to Old Trafford this summer. United have now turned their attention to Real Madrid's Casemiro.

Neville explained that a lack of senior players to look up to in leadership roles is one of the main reasons for his beloved side's disastrous start to the campaign, and noted the differences between the current crop of players compared to the one that he emerged in under the stewardship of Sir Alex Ferguson in the 1990s

'I used to walk out in the tunnel with Peter Schmeichel in front of me, Roy Keane in front of him. I felt safe. I was 21, 22, 23 years of age.' Neville said.

'I felt comfortable because I knew I was being looked after by experienced people. I knew I wasn't alone. These players go out on the pitch now and feel alone. They don't feel like they've got anybody.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11123789/Gary-Neville-implores-Cristiano-Ronaldo-lead-Manchester-United-Premier-League-slump.html
Old 01-09-2022, 09:41 AM   #649
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Gary Neville mocks Chelsea owner Todd Boehly and compares him to Ed Woodward over his 'scattergun and unsustainable' approach to the transfer market... as he insists the American needs to stop acting like a 'kid in a sweet shop'

* Gary Neville has hit out at Todd Boehly in response to John Terry on Twitter
* He has branded Boehly 'Todd Woodward' over his 'scattergun' transfer approach
* Chelsea are looking to bring in further signings before the window closes
* It's not the first time that Neville has compared Boehly to Ed Woodward

Gary Neville has mocked Chelsea owner Todd Boehly's approach to the transfer market by comparing him to Manchester United's unpopular former vice-chairman Ed Woodward.

The Blues are looking to bring more players through the door before the window shuts on Thursday, having already forked out around £150million this summer.

Performances on the pitch have left a lot to be desired however, with Tuesday's 2-1 defeat by Southampton the third time they have failed to win in five matches this season.

Neville hit out at Boehly in a reply to former England team-mate John Terry, who had slammed his former side's display at St Mary's.

The Sky Sports pundit in his response to Terry wrote: 'Your man Todd Woodward needs to stop wandering round like a kid in a sweet shop.'

Gary Neville has hit out at Todd Boehly's approach to the transfer market on social media. Neville labelled the Chelsea owner as 'Todd Woodwood' in reference to Manchester United's former vice-chairman Ed - by comparing their approach in the transfer market

A Chelsea fan hit back at Neville insisting that not every American is like Manchester United's owners the Glazer family.

Neville replied: 'It’s just scattergun and unsustainable. I doubt this approach will go well.'

Chelsea have had a busy summer, bringing in the likes of Raheem Sterling, Kalidou Koulibaly and Marc Cucurella, while Wesley Fofana is set to arrive from Leicester in a £70million deal plus add-ons.

Neville was replying to a tweet from Chelsea legend John Terry who expressed his frustration over the club's 2-1 defeat away at Southampton on Tuesday evening

Neville hit out further at Boehly's 'scattergun' approach in response to a Chelsea supporter

They are also still searching for a new forward, with Barcelona and former Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang a possible late arrival.

They had also been linked with a potential £60m deal for 21-year-old Everton star Anthony Gordon - though Toffees manager Frank Lampard indicated on Tuesday that the youngster would stay.

Chelsea though have been linked to a whole host of other options this summer including Cristiano Ronaldo, Frenkie de Jong, Harry Maguire and Wilfried Zaha.

Neville previously compared Chelsea's approach in the transfer market under Boehly to United under Woodward, earlier this month.

He told the Overlap: 'Chelsea have got that sort of, Manchester United under the Glazers, Ed Woodward, 'I’m taking over, I’m the man now, I’m going to go out and basically buy the players' and then they’re linked with every player that Barcelona want, every player that City want, every player that United want.

'They’re almost like bouncing around because it feels like he [Todd Boehly] has to do something. I’m hearing his name too much. It feels like, it’s not to be disrespectful, you know he’s a prominent guy, he’s just bought the club and everything.

Chelsea have had a busy first summer under Boehly with further signings set to arrive. Neville earlier this month said Chelsea's approach of being linked with every player that rival teams wanted 'feels like' what it was like for Manchester United under Woodward. Chelsea have had a busy summer signing the likes of Raheem Sterling and Kalidou Koulibaly

'He’s fronted a fund that’s paid two and a half billion quid, but to get rid of all that football operation that’s been unbelievable for that many years and come in and do it yourself, it does feel like Ed Woodward that to me. We’ll see it develop.'

Boehly is prepared to give manager Thomas Tuchel what he needs to complete his squad as they look to build on their third place finish last season.

Their ambitions have taken a set-back though after recent losses to both Leeds and Southampton.

Terry, in the post which Neville replied to, vented that Chelsea looked 'very unbalanced' against the Saints.

In a tweet on Wednesday morning, he wrote: 'I hate seeing us get beat.

'Southampton were very good, but we look very unbalanced at the minute. I can't wait for the window to close and get our settled squad, team and formation.'

'We miss Reece (James) so much when he doesn't play. 22 years old and a future captain in my opinion.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11164517/Gary-Neville-mocks-Chelsea-owner-Todd-Boehly-compares-Ed-Woodward.html
Old 30-09-2022, 09:49 AM   #650
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'I went round!': Gary Neville opens up on his weight gain post-retirement... as the Manchester United legend reveals he turned to the gym because he 'felt s***' in the first couple of years after he stopped playing

* Gary Neville retired from professional football in 2011 and went into punditry
* He has admitted that he put on weight in the first couple of years after retiring
* Neville has revealed that he was teased by supporters during this period
* The Man United legend has said he started going to the gym again after this
* He chose to return to the gym to start feeling better about himself again

Gary Neville has revealed that he 'felt s***' after rapidly gaining weight in his first couple of years after retiring from football.

The former Manchester United full back called time on his glittering career in 2011, and took up a role as a pundit for Sky Sports shortly afterwards.

Having opted to remain in the public spotlight, Neville admitted he piled on the pounds and fans didn't hesitate to remind him about it. Speaking on the latest episode of The Overlap, Neville told ex-teammate Paul Scholes that he chose to get back in the gym to start feeling good about himself again.

'I like feeling stronger in my body, because I feel better in my mind,' Neville explained to Scholes as the pair lifted weights together.

Gary Neville retired from football in 2011 after a glittering career at Manchester United. He has admitted to ex-teammate Paul Scholes that he put on weight post-retirement

'To be fair, Scholesy, you know I put weight on when I finished playing football for a couple of years, didn't I? I went round! People just f***ing battering [me].'

Scholes countered Neville's final point by arguing that the United legend should not be concerned by what people think.

Neville responded: 'I know but I felt s***. The worst thing is when you've got to have two or three different shirt sizes for the year.

Neville explained that he turned to the gym to start getting fitter and stronger again. Scholes did not offer Neville a great deal of sympathy, but Neville saw the funny side

'So in the summer you might be a bit f***ing narrower, then your 15 and a half collar comes out, then your 16 and a half, then your 16. But that's me, I was up to 16 and a half on my collar. It's big.'

Scholes has become known for his dry sense of humour over the years, and couldn't resist aiming a dig at Neville.

'I've got a fat neck, I don't think I've been 16 and a half!' he joked.

Neville saw the funny side, and replied: 'He's fat-shaming me on The Overlap! We're trying to help people on this programme!'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11263553/Gary-Neville-opens-weight-gain-post-retirement-admits-felt-s.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 109
Aba_MaczUnited, adesaktiTRK, adittelor, AdministratoR, agylbonez, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, and1, Andi Istiabudi, annetapitt5084, Ardiey11, Ayunda, bangkit, bang_zak, benatbenat, binsar p sigalingging, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, cimbuang69, dannyboy, Deddy Hernandez, dee_vee7, deni krosiawan, derajulio, dery pramudito, der_emperor, dhanimrh10, dhanuanakilang, Eka UPC, endhy_cantona, erin, eyeofday, fadilbedil, Fajar_, fajrinited, fey777, fikrirf, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, Gustiono, h-ANG, Haji Paidin, Hand_rooney, hdhe16, hendiplast, HenryRooney07, HRHMU86, iamsetia, id4y, ing areese, irfan_thered, irfi_1, irhamutd, J. A. Adji, jifortin, jojo poenya, LAM ILHAM, Lang25, Mahesa_Jenar, moehfar, MUFC1878, Muhammad Nizar, ncut_lgx, NdeGue, nobitanta, nu_reccayasha, oldark, Oom Panda, paiman, penk22_, Pure_red, Rean, Redsbusby, red_girl_mia, revald, Richo Supit, rio vander vidic, Rizana, rizluq, rndr_UICSumenep, robby7beckham, ronald hars, rooneyglory10, SatriaRedArmy, sepatu_ancur, simamora16, SR 7, stamansa, Syarifeghy, Trezz Kiko, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, UNITED1878, Van_Munandar, Vicario, Victory, victory II, wazzapoetra, wira_ozora, zeavhere, zizitchy, zudomiriku