United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 09-02-2018, 10:53 AM   #21
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Angel Gomes

Manchester United fans go crazy after Angel Gomes produces brilliant skill in UEFA Youth League... with one even comparing him to legend Paul Scholes

* Angel Gomes is one of Man United's best youngsters coming through the ranks
* Gomes featured as a late sub in United's FA Cup fourth round victory over Yeovil
* The youngster performed a brilliant piece of skill vs Brodarac on Wednesday
* United fans flocked to social media to praise 17-year-old for his magic moment

Angel Gomes is one of the most exciting young talents coming through Manchester United's ranks at the moment.

Gomes, who has always played above his age group at United, featured as a late substitute in the club's 4-0 victory over Yeovil in the FA Cup fourth round.

The 17-year-old starlet is being tipped to break into Jose Mourinho's first team in the future but for now he is still plying his trade at youth level for United and making things look easy.

Angel Gomes produced a moment of brilliance as Man United beat Brodarac on Wednesday

During the Under 19s' 2-0 victory over Serbian outfit Brodarac, Gomes got fans off their feet after producing a moment of brilliance, where he cut in from the right flank before taking on the opposition defence.

Unfortunately for the attacking midfielder, he couldn't find the net at the end of the outstanding move following a fine save from the goalkeeper.

Despite not getting his name on the scoresheet on Wednesday, United fans flocked to social media to praise the 17-year-old, with one comparing him to club legend Paul Scholes.

Another fan called him a 'massive talent' for his age, while plenty of others wished for the youngster to get more first team action soon.

United's victory against Brodarac ensured Gomes and his team-mates progressed to the last-16 of the UEFA Youth League.

Following the final whistle in Belgrade, Gomes, who has captained England at U16s, 17s and 18s, wrote on Twitter: 'Professional performance from the boys 2-0 win in difficult conditions, through to the last 16, come on United!'

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5366977/Manchester-United-fans-crazy-Angel-Gomes.html
Old 27-12-2018, 09:24 PM   #22
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

UNITED PROSPECT GOMES FEELS THERE IS MORE TO COME

Manchester United’s young prodigy Angel Gomes believes his substitute cameo appearance against Huddersfield Town at Old Trafford is ‘just the start’ and insists he will grasp every opportunity that comes his way under caretaker boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Gomes became United's youngest player in the Premier League era back in May 2017 when he made his Reds debut as a substitute against Crystal Palace.The teenager was awarded the Jimmy Murphy Youth Team Player of the Year for 2017, becoming the youngest-ever winner of the accolade at the time.

Since then, Gomes has impressed in United's Under 23s and was rewarded with a place in the travelling squad when the Reds thrashed Cardiff City 5-1 away in Wales last weekend. The 18-year-old got his chance against Huddersfield this time around, replacing Juan Mata 10 minutes from the end, and admits he enjoyed the crowd's response.

“Yes, it's always nice to come on, especially when you are a young lad, following in the footsteps of the other players who are progressing and doing well,” Gomes told MUTV. “To come on and hear the crowd cheering me on was a great feeling.

“My ears actually blocked! I couldn’t really hear, but, as soon as I got on, I felt at ease. The players helped me, they spoke to me and gave me instructions and I was fine from then on.”

Gomes believes he can now kick on from his return to first-team action, as he hopes to get further opportunities to play under caretaker manager Solskjaer.

“It is just the start, it was good,” he continued. ”Me and Jimmy [James Garner] travelled for the last game as well, so to be involved again [today] was an added bonus and to get some minutes was great.

“I think United is about bringing youth through and I think with the new manager and how things are going, it is there for the taking really.”

Gomes feels he can learn a lot from the new caretaker boss, given the number of goals Solskjaer scored for the club during his playing days.

“He is a legend at the club,“ acknowledged Angel. ”The fans will get behind him because of the things he won with the club and how great a player he was. For me to learn from a manager like Solskjaer is great and the other younger lads too because growing up we were all watching him. It is a great feeling.”

The skilful midfielder revealed what Solskjaer told him before he stepped on to the Old Trafford turf and reiterated that he now wants more chances to shine as a first-team player.

“He told me to enjoy myself, get on the pitch, come inside, get on the ball and get as many touches as I can and to enjoy the atmosphere,“ explained Gomes. ”I tried to do that and it was a great experience.

“It's just the start and whichever team I play for, the Reserves, in the Youth League or the first team, I will give it my all and I will take every opportunity as it comes.”

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2018, 09:06 AM   #23
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

'My ears actually blocked! I couldn't hear': Man United kid Angel Gomes struggled to soak up Old Trafford atmosphere during his first Premier League game of the season

* Angel Gomes came on for Manchester United against Huddersfield
* Prospect received an excellent reception from the Old Trafford crowd
* Gomes was making his third competitive first-team appearance for United

Manchester United starlet Angel Gomes has expressed his delight after making his first Premier League appearance of the season.

Gomes, who can play as an attacking midfielder or on the left flank, was brought on for the last 10 minutes as United beat Huddersfield 3-1 on Boxing Day.

The 18-year-old received an excellent reception from the Old Trafford crowd, but revealed that he couldn't hear it as his ears were blocked.

Gomes told MUTV: 'Yes, it's always nice to come on, especially when you are a young lad, following in the footsteps of the other players who are progressing and doing well.

'To come on and hear the crowd cheering you on was a great feeling for me.

'My ears actually blocked! I couldn't really hear, but, as soon as I got on, I felt at ease. The players helped me, they spoke to me and gave me instructions and I was fine from then on.'

United caretaker manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has outlined that he is willing to give opportunities to some of the talented youngsters, and Gomes is eager for further chances.

Manchester United prospect Angel Gomes featured as a substitute against Huddersfield. The talented United youngster will now be hoping for further first-team opportunities

Gomes said: 'It is just the start, it was good. Me and (fellow youth star) Jimmy (Garner) travelled for the last game as well so to travel again was an added bonus and to get some minutes was great and I think United's about bringing youth through and I think with the new manager and how things are going it is there for the taking really.'

The game against Huddersfield was Gomes' second Premier League appearance, with his first coming under Jose Mourinho in May 2017, when he was brought on in the closing stages against Crystal Palace.

Gomes also featured late on against Yeovil Town in the FA Cup last season and will be looking to add to his collection of senior appearances.

The England youth international has been in impressive form for United's U23 side so far this campaign, with four goals and two assists in eight Premier League 2 appearances.

With Solskjaer now in temporary charge, there is a feel-good factor surrounding United, who have scored eight goals in their last two games.

United return to action on Sunday when they host Bournemouth, and Gomes will be looking to be involved again in some capacity.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6532211/Manchester-United-youngster-Angel-Gomes-reveals-struggled-soak-Old-Trafford-atmosphere.html
Old 12-03-2019, 11:49 PM   #24
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

GOMES AIMS TO TAKE PARIS HIGH INTO YOUTH LEAGUE

Angel Gomes is looking to take his amazing experiences from the UEFA Champions League win at Paris Saint-Germain into another European trip this week.

The midfield playmaker was among the substitutes as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s Reds booked a place in the quarter-finals of the continent’s premier competition and enjoyed the celebrations in front of the travelling fans at the end of a dramatic tie.

The atmosphere will be less intense at Midtjylland in the UEFA Youth League, but the Under-19s will still be determined to go further than ever before in the tournament.

Gomes, who captained the side throughout the group stage, will take all the knowledge he is accruing into the battle against the Danish side.

“It was a great experience overall, obviously travelling and then being on the bench was even bigger for me and my family,” he told MUTV.

“It was a great experience, not just for me but all of the lads who came and got involved. I think there were eight players who have come through the Academy that came on the trip and it just shows how much the club has an interest in the youth. It is big for the club and it showed, everywhere, how great this club is.

"The more that come, the more it shows Man United. I think it was great for Mason [Greenwood] and Chongy [Tahith Chong] to be involved. It is an experience they will never forget as well. I have grown up with these boys, right from Under-9s to now. To see us all with the first team, travelling and getting some experiences, is amazing.

“Obviously, I have only watched from the sides and been in the crowd myself, so to be able to go out and celebrate with the fans was an amazing experience and it's something I will never forget.

”What was also massive for me was Sir Alex [Ferguson] and Eric [Cantona] coming in afterwards to shake hands and speak to us. They are massive, massive people and just to have them in the changing room. I think it got everybody a bit more excited and everyone was a bit overwhelmed really.“

The name Midtjylland, of course, conjures up memories of the game that launched Marcus Rashford’s senior career – the Europa League round-of-32 second-leg victory at Old Trafford in February, 2016.

“I just remember being in the stands and hearing that something had happened to Anthony Martial, and Marcus was coming in,” recalled Gomes. ”From then, the rest is just history! It was crazy to see him playing with us in the youth team, to then scoring two against Midtjylland. It was unbelievable.

“Marcus has been doing that for years [stepping up in Paris, when the pressure was on], really. I grew up with him in the Academy and I stayed with him in digs. I know what type of person he is and what character he has, so it didn't surprise me when he stepped up. I had no doubt that he would score.”

The Youth League tie at MCH Arena, which kicks off on Wednesday at 13:00 GMT, will be played to a conclusion on the day with highlights set to be shown on MUTV and our Official App.

“We have got a great squad,” added Gomes. “It’s a good group of lads, so I think everyone is quite confident and there is no doubt that we can't go out there and win. Everyone is ready.

”There is a group of us who always stay behind to practice set-pieces, whether it is free-kicks, corners or pens. So I think we are more than ready, if it goes to extra time, to take penalties.”

The winners between Midtjylland and United will meet Porto or Tottenham in the quarter-finals.

www.manutd.com
Old 15-05-2019, 09:43 AM   #25
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United wonderkid Angel Gomes considering leaving over lack of opportunities, with PSG interested (and he's upset Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said he was 'physically fragile')

* Angel Gomes made just two appearances in the Premier League this campaign
* He is considering his future at Old Trafford, according to newspaper A Bola
* Paris Saint-Germain are keen to bring him to the Parc des Princes this summer

Angel Gomes is considering leaving Manchester United after a tough campaign.

The 18-year-old midfielder was a 74th-minute substitute for United in the game against Cardiff, but that was just his second appearance in the Premier League this season.

And while he is under contract at Old Trafford until 2020, Portuguese newspaper A Bola is reporting he is considering his future.

The outlet suggests it has spoken to a source close to Gomes, who suggested he could be on his way out the door.

Paris Saint-Germain are reported to be interested in bringing him to the Parc des Princes.

Gomes is keen to develop as a player and feels that more outings for United's Under 23s is not helping him.

And he feels as though he deserved more chances in the first team this campaign, according to the report.

Angel Gomes (right) is considering leaving Manchester United after a tough campaign. The midfielder was given just two appearances by United in the Premier League this season. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is also thought to have upset Gomes by commenting on his physicality

That means he wants to challenge himself and is now seriously considering a move elsewhere.

Aside from PSG, clubs in Spain and Portugal are said to be eyeing a possible swoop.

Manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is also thought to have upset Gomes after suggesting he is 'physically more fragile than would be desirable', according to the paper.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7027121/Manchester-United-wonderkid-Angel-Gomes-considering-leaving-PSG-interested.html
Old 20-09-2019, 04:57 PM   #26
steve.crowford
-

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
steve.crowford has no contributions yet

Mason Greenwood & Angel Gomes vs FC Astana
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA0g-ZPhMy8
steve.crowford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2019, 10:20 AM   #27
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United 'set to offer Angel Gomes a new contract amid interest from Barcelona' after breaking into Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's first team at just 19

* Manchester United youngster Angel Gomes has impressed at start of the season
* The 19-year-old has broken into Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's first-team plans this term
* It has been reported that United are set to tie him down to a new contract soon
* Barcelona have been credited with an interest in the England Under 20s star

Manchester United will fend off interest from the likes of Barcelona by offering 19-year-old midfielder Angel Gomes a bumper new deal, according to reports.

Gomes joined United's academy at the age of six and has now broken through into Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's first-team plans after a series of impressive performances.

With Barcelona among the teams credited with an interest in the England U20s star, it has been reported in Italy that United are now set to agree fresh terms with him.

Manchester United are reportedly set to offer 19-year-old Angel Gomes a new contract. Gomes joined United's academy at the age of six and has now broken through into first team

United are said to be closing in on a new contract for Gomes with an announcement expected in the coming days, as they bid to keep hold of one of their brightest young talents.

Gomes has played three times for United's first team this season, opening his senior account against Astana in the Europa League.

He played 68 minutes in the 1-0 victory, before then coming off the bench against West Ham in the Premier League just three days later.

At the start of October, he completed his first 90 minutes in a Red Devils shirt, away at AZ Alkmaar in the Europa League group stages.

Elsewhere, another youngster United are likely to open fresh contract talks with in the coming weeks is Tahith Chong.

Also 19, the midfielder has played four times for United this term, in the Europa League, Premier League and EFL Cup.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7595453/Manchester-United-set-offer-Angel-Gomes-new-contract-amid-Barcelona.html
Old 17-12-2019, 08:58 AM   #28
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Angel Gomes hints at Manchester United exit as he ‘removes mention of club from Instagram bio and DELETES all recent images’

* Angel Gomes' contract at Manchester United runs out next summer
* The 19-year-old has played just four times for the first team this season
* He has now deleted the club from his Instagram bio as well as various photos
* Barcelona and Real Madrid have been linked with a move for the gifted teenager

Angel Gomes has fuelled speculation of a move away from Manchester United by removing any mention of the club in his Instagram bio as well as deleting a number of photos.

Gomes made his firs-team debut in May 2017 at 16 years old, and signed his first professional contract later that year.

However, now 19, Gomes has failed to cement a spot in the first-team squad and with his contract due to run out at the end of the season, he has now hinted at a move away from Old Trafford due to his actions on social media, as reported in The Mirror.

Angel Gomes is yet to play consistently in the first-team and has been linked with a move away. The 19-year-old has deleted any mention of Manchester United from his Instagram bio

The report details that although Gomes still has pictures of him playing at United on his page, his last image is now from three months ago and he just has eight photos on his page, dating back to May 2017.

Currently, Gomes will be free to talk to foreign clubs in January about a move away next summer.

Barcelona and Real Madrid have been linked with Gomes, who is considered one of the star players to emerge from United's academy in recent years.

Yet in contrast with team-mate Mason Greenwood, who continues to impress and scored United's equaliser against Everton on Sunday, Gomes hasn't had a regular run in the team.

Gomes last appeared for United against Astana, who won 2-1, in Kazakhstan on November 28

He has played four times so far this season, but notably did not even make the squad for last Thursday's Europa League victory against AZ Alkmaar.

Gomes has played just nine minutes of Premier League football in total this campaign, and has only made the matchday squad in three of 17 Premier League games.

He will be hoping to feature in the Carabao Cup quarter-finals this week, where United host Colchester United on Wednesday.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7796801/Angel-Gomes-hints-Manchester-United-exit-removes-mention-club-Instagram-bio.html
Old 25-01-2020, 08:48 PM   #29
Andi Istiabudi
manager

GOMES: REDS YOUNGSTERS DEFYING THE ODDS

Angel Gomes admits he is part of a group of youngsters who are bucking the normal trend but is absolutely determined to take his chance in Manchester United's first team.

The talented midfielder has been one of the homegrown products promoted by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer this season, and surely would have added to his six appearances in 2019/20 but for injury.

After coming off the bench in the first leg of the Carabao Cup semi-final with Manchester City and the convincing win over Norwich City, he is clearly in the manager's thoughts and was an unused substitute during the midweek defeat to Burnley.

The 19-year-old is hoping he will get a chance to show his talents at Tranmere Rovers in the Emirates FA Cup fourth round on Sunday, along with his peers such as Brandon Williams, James Garner, Tahith Chong and Mason Greenwood.

“We speak about it often, when we compare it to tournaments we went to when we were younger,” he told MUTV. “Stuff like that. Growing up in the Academy, we didn't really think we'd all make it together into the first team and be there around it.

“That was always the goal but we were often told you don't always make it through together with your team-mates. Luckily, we've had the chance to break through and to make it through together. Everyone is just encouraging towards us and each chance each of us gets is to try to show why we're in the first team.”

Gomes is keen to show he can handle the challenge at senior level, whenever the next chance arises, and produce more moments like when he helped set up Marcus Rashford's goal in the latest derby at Old Trafford.

“It's just getting the opportunity really and being able to take it with both hands,” he said. “Whichever game that is, it's being able to do my best to show what I can do.”

If he does play at Prenton Park, it will be his second outing at the Birkenhead venue this term, after being part of the Under-21s side that were beaten 3-2 in the Leasing.com Trophy knockout stages last month.

“It was a tough game with the conditions,” the youngster recalled. “We had an experienced side against a group of men and it was a good battle. We were ahead in the game and I can just remember the pitch wasn't the best. But that is what you're going to come up against and face, it's just being prepared to be able to battle in any circumstances really.

“The competition was very useful, just to get experience of playing against tougher and older sides with experience. I think it was good for the lads, who all showed good quality when they played, and weren't really fazed by it. We were unlucky when we got knocked out but the lads have responded well in the league [Premier League 2].”

www.manutd.com
Old 07-02-2020, 08:56 AM   #30
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United starlet Angel Gomes 'was denied a loan move to a Premier League club on deadline day' with the 19-year-old's contract at Old Trafford set to expire this summer

* Angel Gomes reportedly tried to engineer a loan move away from Man United
* The 19-year-old hoped to join another top flight side but the move was blocked
* United were unwilling to let him go with less than five months to go on his deal
* His representatives are still in talks with United but are yet to agree terms

Manchester United prospect Angel Gomes made a last-ditch attempt to engineer a loan to another Premier League side on Deadline Day only to see the move blocked by the Red Devils.

The 19-year-old's contract at Old Trafford is up at the end of the season and he had hoped to get some first team football under his belt until the summer before assessing his future.

But according to MEN, there was never a chance that United would green-light any temporary switch with his contract dispute yet to be resolved.

Highly regarded Gomes, who joined the club's academy at the age of six, is on the radar of a number of top sides, including Barcelona, and a loan deal would have helped put him in the shop window before being available for free at the end of the season.

But United were keen for him to stay put as talks with his representatives continue, with the two parties thought to be still some way apart.

Gomes would have had his work cut out to complete a loan deal away from United in any case, as he was playing for the club's Under-23 side at Norwich on the Friday night of Deadline Day.

[
Manchester United youngster Angel Gomes saw his request for a January loan move blocked. Gomes came on as a sub against Manchester City in the League Cup semi-final in January. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has made it clear he wants Gomes to commit his future at Old Trafford

United have been locked in talks with Gomes since the start of the season, and his manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer had blocked another loan move for Gomes the previous January.

Gomes is not the only young star the Red Devils face losing this summer - as exciting midfielder Tahith Chong, 20, is also heading towards the exit door on a free transfer.

Solskjaer has made it clear he wants both players to sign new contracts and said they were in the best place to develop their talents.

'We've had lots of conversations with the boys,' Solskjaer said recently. 'Obviously their contracts run out in the summer but we want them to stay.

'I can't see a better place for a young lad that's come through the ranks in the academy to play first team football. Both Angel and [Tahith] Chongy have been here for many, many years.

'We just want them to continue their development and hopefully they can see that when young lads take their chance, they'll get more opportunities.'

Gomes has played six times for United this season - twice in the league, once in the League Cup and three games in the Europa League. Chong, meanwhile, has featured in eight games, including two outings in the FA Cup.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7975063/Manchester-United-starlet-Angel-Gomes-denied-loan-Premier-League-club-Deadline-Day.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 16
Andi Istiabudi, fredrian.seven, Gustiono, h-ANG, NdeGue, penk22_, rio vander vidic, Riskur, ronald hars, SR 7, steve.crowford, tumpal_oneunited, wira_ozora, xkeiszglf34, zudomiriku