United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 19-09-2022, 09:33 AM   #111
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jadon Sancho

Erik ten Hag tells Jadon Sancho to show 'much more improvement' following his promising start to the season... as the Man United boss reveals he has 'specific' plans for the forward after his England snub

* Jadon Sancho scored his third goal of the campaign in the 2-0 win over Sheriff
* The 22-year-old forward has impressed under Erik ten Hag so far this season
* Ten Hag said Sancho had huge potential but could get even better at the club

Erik ten Hag has challenged Jadon Sancho to show 'much more improvement' as the Manchester United boss revealed he has 'specific' plans for the in-form forward during the upcoming international break.

Sancho has made a promising start to the season under Ten Hag, scoring his third goal of the campaign in United's 2-0 win over Sheriff Tiraspol in the Europa League on Thursday.

But the 22-year-old's form has not been enough to earn a recall in Gareth Southgate's England squad, with his omission raising eyebrows across the game.

Speaking after the victory in Moldova, Ten Hag said Sancho could get even better and believes the international break will be beneficial to the winger after his England snub.

United's game against Sheriff was the last until the Manchester derby on October 2 after their home clash with Leeds, scheduled for this weekend, was postponed.

'I'm really pleased [for Jadon Sancho],' the Dutchman said. 'Another goal… he's doing well, but I think there's much more room for improvement for him, because he has so many skills.

'We will fill in the period really good. We can go specific. That can be beneficial to continue the season.

'We know, after this break, every three days there will be a game.'

Jadon Sancho continued his strong start to the season by scoring in the win over FC Sheriff. Erik ten Hag believes Sancho has the potential to show 'much more improvement' at United

Sancho joined United from Borussia Dortmund in a deal worth £73million last summer.

He endured a mixed debut campaign for the club in a season where they finished with their lowest-ever Premier League points tally and failed to qualify for the Champions League.

But the English winger has been one of the standout performers in the early stages of this season as he scored a well-taken goal in the 2-1 victory over Liverpool and the winner against Leicester before netting in Moldova on Thursday.

Sancho has refused to give up on a place in England's squad for the World Cup despite his omission from the last selection before the tournament in Qatar.

'Yeah, 100 per cent, that is one of the targets,' he said.

'It's unfortunate that I didn't get the call-up, but I have to just keep focusing on myself and keep on working hard, week in and week out, that's what I'll do.'

Sancho also opened up on the reasons for his shinpad celebration after his goal against Sheriff.

'Yeah, a little kid gave me some shinpads and asked me to wear them,' he said.

'I said "Yeah, no problem" and that was a little gesture from me when I scored, showing him that I was wearing his shinpads that he gave me.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11219385/Man-United-boss-Erik-ten-Hag-tells-Jadon-Sancho-improvement.html
Old 27-09-2022, 09:42 AM   #112
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Rio Ferdinand claims Jadon Sancho 'suits international football better than the Premier League'... and says he doesn't understand why the Manchester United winger didn't make Gareth Southgate's latest England squad

* Jadon Sancho has not been involved in Gareth Southgate's latest England squad
* Rio Ferdinand is bemused by Southgate's decision to not pick Sancho
* He feels Sancho is more suited to international football than the Premier League
* Ferdinand admitted he doesn't know why Southgate keeps overlooking Sancho

Rio Ferdinand believes Jadon Sancho deserves a place in Gareth Southgate's England squad, and has claimed the Manchester United winger is more suited to international football than the Premier League.

After a tricky first season at United last year, Sancho has looked looked much better under Erik ten Hag this term, scoring three goals in eight games across all competitions.

However, this was still not enough to get him into Southgate's latest squad. Ferdinand has said that he would have selected Sancho based on his current form, and he thinks the 22-year-old has the tools to flourish in the national team.

'Yeah I would have [picked Sancho], given what he’s been doing at the beginning of the season,' Ferdinand said on the FIVE podcast on his YouTube channel.

'Sancho probably suits international football more than the Premier League. Arguably you could say that, the way he plays. I don’t know [why Southgate hasn’t picked him].'

Jadon Sancho was overlooked by Gareth Southgate for his latest England squad. Rio Ferdinand thinks Sancho is suited to international football and doesn't understand why Sancho didn't make the latest England squad. Sancho has previously been part of Southgate's plans, but has been overlooked recently

Sancho has earned 23 caps for England, and was regularly called up to the squad during his time at Borussia Dortmund.

He has been consistently overlooked by Southgate over the past 12 months, though, with his last appearance for the Three Lions coming in a 5-0 win against Andorra in September 2021.

He is now facing an uphill task to get into England's World Cup squad, with the tournament in Qatar less than two months away.

Southgate has stood by the likes of Raheem Sterling, Bukayo Saka, Phil Foden and Jack Grealish to fill England's wide positions in recent months, and it is difficult to see Sancho getting a look-in any time soon.

He may still have hopes of making a late push, though, and with England having failed to score a goal from open play in their last five games, the door could be ajar for Sancho to stake his claim for a spot on the plane by performing well for United over the coming weeks.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11251683/Rio-Ferdinand-claims-Jadon-Sancho-suits-international-football-better-Premier-League.html
Old 11-10-2022, 09:26 AM   #113
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Rio Ferdinand says it's 'concerning' that Jadon Sancho is incapable of replicating his Bundesliga form at United and questions whether it's the 'way the team is set up' that is preventing him from doing 'marvellous things'

* Rio Ferdinand is concerned Jadson Sancho will continue to struggle at United
* Ferdinand said it is worrying he can't replicate his Bundesliga success in England
* He said Sancho isn't playing like the star he was demanding to see at the Euros
* However, Ferdinand thinks he has shown glimpses of his former self at United

Rio Ferdinand has said he is alarmed by the fact Jadon Sancho is incapable of replicating his Bundesliga form in the Premier League for Manchester United.

The 22-year-old was dropped from Erik ten Hag's starting XI for United's trip to Goodison Park on Sunday after failing to impress against Man City.

Sancho spent the entirety of United's 2-1 victory over Everton warming the bench and Ferdinand is concerned it could be a reoccurring theme for the forward.

Speaking on his Vibe with FIVE YouTube show, Ferdinand said: 'I haven't seen [his Bundesliga form] yet. That's the concerning thing for me.

'If I'm Jadon Sancho, or in Jadon Sancho's camp, I am looking at ways in which I can unpick his game, his mind, to unearth the Sancho that made him a coveted talent around Europe.

'His numbers in Germany were great, he was doing marvellous things over there, but it hasn't transferred over to the Premier League yet.

'And I don't know why. What is the reason why? Is it because of the way the team set up? Is it because of the pace of the Premier League?

Rio Ferdinand is concerned Jadson Sancho will continue to struggle at Manchester United if he can't replicate the form he demonstrated during his time in the Bundesliga. Sancho has struggled at Manchester United since signing for the club over a year ago. Erik ten Hag made the decision to bench Sancho for their trip to Everton on Sunday

'Is he getting asked to do more defensively so then he hasn't got the energy when they've got [the ball] in transition?

'His assists and goal record isn't great when you compare it to other players in his position.

'So you allow him that time to adapt to this league – he's had a season of that – and after pre-season I was thinking, 'Okay, yeah, this looks like we've got the Sancho we've bought from Dortmund'.'

He continued: 'I think he's shown this season he can score goals, he scored against Liverpool and Leicester.

'Sometimes when you're looking for a bit of form and you're not playing – he's worked hard, don't get me wrong – but a player like Jadon wants to get on the ball, wants to showboat, show his skills, drop people, Instagram little reels.

'He hasn't really got a reel yet in terms of skills and moving people and stuff and going by people. But if he could get his stats up a bit, it almost negates the argument that we're talking about here.

'If he gets the goals and gets the assists and affects the game in that area, and if he can get himself between the posts more often then not, when he's in there he's shown already he's a calm finisher. He's a cool, calm and collected finisher.

'But I just want to see the Sancho that I was going crazy about and demanding that he come on during the Euros, because I haven't seen that.'

It's been just over a year since he arrived at Old Trafford. He had been courted by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer for over 12 months before signing to join United.

The England international put pen to paper on a £73million - swapping Borussia Dortmund and the Bundesliga for United and the Premier League.

However, it was in Germany that Sancho became a household name. During the 2018-2019 season he scored 12 goals and provided 18 assists.

As a result, Sancho was handed his England debut against the United States in November 2018.

Jadon Sancho became a star player at Borussia Dortmund forming an effective partnership with Erling Haaland and his form in Germany earned him a place in the England squad. Jadon Sancho became a star player at Borussia Dortmund forming an effective partnership with Erling Haaland and his form in Germany earned him a place in the England squad. Ferdinand says Sancho has shown glimpses of his talent during games like the Liverpool one

Playing on the left side, he enjoyed an even more productive 2019-20 season with 17 Bundesliga goals and assists - which is when Manchester United first came calling.

A long summer pursuit from the Red Devils ended in embarrassing failure as the potential move collapsed due to Dortmund's firm stance on their valuation of Sancho, but it didn't knock him too far off his stride.

However, United dusted themselves off and moved for Sancho again in the 2021 summer transfer window - securing his services for £73m.

Sancho has since failed to live up to expectations. During his first season at the club he managed just five goals from 38 appearances. He finished the campaign with just three assists.

This season he has struggled to make an impact for United - who have experienced a turbulent start to the 2022-2023 campaign.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11301187/Rio-Ferdinand-says-concerning-Sancho-incapable-replicating-Bundesliga-form.html
Old 26-10-2022, 09:29 AM   #114
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'This isn't you, man!': Rio Ferdinand claims Jadon Sancho has lost his 'swagger' since his £73m move to Man United... as the club legend moans 'we didn't buy him to be a DEFENDER'

* Rio Ferdinand wants to see more from Manchester United winger Jadon Sancho
* The United legend feels Sancho has lost his swagger since arriving at the club
* The 22-year-old joined United from Borussia Dortmund for £73million last year

Rio Ferdinand believes Jadon Sancho has lost his 'swagger' since joining Manchester United for a blockbuster fee of £73million.

The 22-year-old signed for United from Borussia Dortmund in the summer of 2021 with high expectations after his prolific form in the Bundesliga.

Sancho made a bright start to the season with two goals in his opening five matches, as it looked as though he had re-kindled his form following a poor first campaign at Old Trafford.

But things have since gone downhill and he has not scored since the beginning of September. He was even substituted in the 52nd minute of United's 1-1 draw with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.

'His confidence just isn't there. The confidence and the swagger when he walked through the doors at Old Trafford isn't there right now,' Ferdinand said on his YouTube channel Vibe with FIVE.

'The ball gets to him and the Sancho I know and have seen… get him on the corner of the box and you're in dreamland. But then he's just coming back out and playing back and recycling the ball.

Jadon Sancho joined Manchester United from Borussia Dortmund for £73million back in 2021. United legend Rio Ferdinand insists Sancho has lost his swagger since arriving at Old Trafford. Sancho was substituted off in the 52nd minute of United's 1-1 draw with Chelsea on Saturday

'This isn't you man. With Sancho, I just feel that it's in there and what I will give him credit for is his defensive work.

'His shape has been good but it's the other side of the game that's missing and that's why we bought him.

'We didn't buy him to be a defender, we bought him to destroy teams, I want to see more from him.'

Sancho is expected to miss out on the England squad heading off to Qatar for the 2022 World Cup after failing to be consistent since arriving at Old Trafford.

He has failed to make any of Gareth Southgate's squads since the delayed Euro 2020 tournament, where the Three Lions lost to Italy in the final at Wembley Stadium.

The former Manchester City youth product has only scored eight goals and provided five assists in 52 games for United.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11352457/Rio-Ferdinand-claims-Jadon-Sancho-lost-SWAGGER-73m-Manchester-United-move.html
Old 20-11-2022, 08:42 AM   #115
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Jadon Sancho deletes EVERY post on his Instagram account and blacks out his profile after latest international omission as England stars share luxury hotel snaps ahead of the World Cup

* Jadon Sancho has blacked out his Instagram profile and deleted every post
* The forward was left out of Gareth Southgate's England squad for the World Cup
* He lost his place earlier this year after underperforming for Manchester United

Jadon Sancho caused confusion after blacking out his Instagram profile and deleting all of his posts.

The forward was the high-profile absentee as he was snubbed by Gareth Southgate for a spot in England's World Cup squad earlier this year.

Though he is yet to explain why he has deleted his posts, it's understood that Sancho is taking a break from social media to focus on his family and the next stage of the Premier League season.

The 22-year-old, who joined the Manchester club only last summer for a whopping £73million, has struggled for form since arriving in England, last making an appearance for the Three Lions in September last year.

It was also recently reported that the 22-year-old's timekeeping was an issue for Southgate before he failed to earn a place in the World Cup squad.

Those who have been called up to Qatar have been sharing snaps on social media from their luxury hotel.

Forward Jadon Sancho has deleted all of his Instagram posts and blacked out his profile. The 22-year-old was left out of England's squad for the World Cup after a string of poor games

The likes of Jack Grealish and Sancho's United team-mate Harry Maguire have been sharing snaps from their trip.

Another one of Sancho's club team-mates Marcus Rashford has also been left out of England's squads over the past year after he struggled for form and confidence last season.

However, he has earned his place back and is in Southgate's 26-man squad currently in Qatar.

Sancho started this season at United under new manager Erik ten Hag, but has recently been left out of the starting XI, with Anthony Elanga preferred out wide.

He missed United's four games before the break through injury.

Sancho, who has been a regular for Gareth Southgate was first left out of the squad in March. Sancho was part of the side that came second at Euro 2020, missing a penalty in the final

It was reported that Sancho was late for a team meeting ahead of England's World Cup qualifier away to Andorra in October 2021.

Southgate only starts meetings when all players are in attendance, so he and his squad were left to wait. The United man was then left out of the next England squad.

The 22-year-old has been capped by England on 23 occasions since making his debut in 2018.

Though he has removed all posts from Instagram, he hasn't done the same on his Twitter account.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11447477/Jadon-Sancho-deletes-post-Instagram-account-blacks-profile-England-snub.html
Old 14-12-2022, 08:23 AM   #116
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Jadon Sancho is not 'physically or mentally' ready to play for Man United, reveals Erik ten Hag, with £73m signing missing training camp in Spain having turned off social media after World Cup snub

* Erik ten Hag has admitted he does not know when Jadon Sancho, 22, will return
* The Manchester United manager has spoken about the England star's future
* £73m star Sancho missed the club's mid-season training camp in Spain last week
* The winger shut down his social media accounts last month, sparking concern
* Ten Hag encouraged youngsters that there are places up for grabs in Spain

Jadon Sancho is training away from Manchester United and will not return until he is physically and mentally ready to play for the club again.

Sancho has been working in Holland with coaches trusted by his manager Erik ten Hag, having not kicked a ball for United since October 22 due to illness. The 22-year-old missed the club's training camp in Spain last week after he was left out of England's squad for the World Cup.

Sancho, who joined United 18 months ago for £73million from Borussia Dortmund, turned off his social media accounts last month to focus on his family and the second half of the season, according to sources.

Ten Hag has spoken to the forward about his situation on several occasions and did not want to put a timeframe on when Sancho will return to training.

Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag (right) has admitted he does not know when £73million Jadon Sancho (second right) will return to action for the club in a shock revelation. Sancho has been training alone after missing the club's mid-season training camp in Spain

'I don't think he will be back this week, no,' said Ten Hag. 'We want to bring him back as quickly as possible, but I can't give a prognosis of when that will be. Sometimes there are circumstances with fitness and mood. We got a drop of quality level and sometimes you don't know why or what is causing it.

'That is what we are doing now to try to get him back there. It is a combination of physically and mentally.'

One of the most welcome sights for England at this World Cup was that of Bukayo Saka and Marcus Rashford shining on the international stage again.

Two of the three young black players who suffered horrible racist abuse after missing in the penalty shootout defeat by Italy in last summer’s Euros final were among the brightest stars for Gareth Southgate’s side in Qatar.

But what of the third player who missed from the spot at Wembley that night? Sancho has pitched up in the humble surroundings of Dutch amateur club OJC Rosmalen, a far cry from Qatar.

A brief video emerged last month of Sancho dribbling around training mannequins at the 3,000-capacity venue under the supervision of coaches recommended by his Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag.

Sancho has not played since October 22 due to illness and it has raised concerns over the gifted Londoner, even more so after he shut down his social media accounts last month

The 22-year-old headed there after a series of talks with Ten Hag over his dip in form this campaign.

Sancho has not played since October 22 due to illness and it has raised concerns over the gifted Londoner, even more so after he shut down his social media accounts last month, with sources saying he did so to focus on his family and the second half of the season.

United sources insist Sancho has not been axed from the squad after he missed the club's mid-season training camp in Spain last week.

They stress that Ten Hag spotted the drop-off in Sancho's performances and advised him to follow an individual training programme to improve his fitness and mindset.

It has been described as a 'reset' for the player away from Carrington and the intense scrutiny of Old Trafford. Ten Hag confirmed on Tuesday that no deadlines have been placed on Sancho's return.

'I've had several talks with Jadon and I don't think he will be back this week, no,' said Ten Hag. 'Sometimes there are circumstances with fitness and mood. Now he's on a physical programme and our aim is to get him back as quickly as possible. But I can't give a prognosis of when that will be.'

Explaining Sancho's absence from the Spanish trip, Ten Hag added: 'He wasn't fit enough to be there. It's a combination of physically and mentally.'

Sancho was one of three England players to suffer horrendous racist abuse after having a penalty saved in the final of the European Championship final against Italy in summer 2021. Marcus Rashford and Bukayo Saka were also thwarted that day but have turned around their form for their clubs

Sancho has only scored eight goals and contributed four assists in 52 games for United. He has struggled to justify the £73million paid to Borussia Dortmund to sign him in July last year, 12 days after the Euro final at Wembley.

Like Rashford, Sancho had been brought on as a substitute in the 120th minute to take a kick in the shootout.

Unlike with his United team-mate, however, it is not so easy to put Sancho's subsequent problems down to the fallout from that night, which included racist messages on social media.

He was one of the best performers on United's summer tour of Bangkok and Australia, scoring against Liverpool, Crystal Palace and Aston Villa as he formed an effective partnership on the right flank with Diogo Dalot.

Three more goals followed against Liverpool, Leicester and FC Sheriff in his first eight games of the season. But Ten Hag and his coaching staff noticed a significant drop-off in Sancho's form and confidence after that.

While £82m signing Antony has made an instant impact, teenager Alejandro Garnacho is enjoying his breakthrough season and Rashford looks a player reborn, Sancho has gone in the other direction.

'Most of the time it comes slowly,' said Ten Hag. 'On the tour he played well, and the start of the league he played some good games like Liverpool, Leicester and Arsenal. Then his performance was lower. First you observe but then the stats back it up.

'At the start of the season, he had goals, assists, key moments and key actions and it became less and less.

'We got a drop of quality level and that happens sometimes. You don't know what is causing it. That is what we are doing now, trying to research and now we try to get him back there.

'I think there is huge competition for England. When you don't show it week by week, you can fall out of the squad, which is what happened.'

Sancho has only played once for his country since the Euros final, against Andorra 14 months ago.

The road back will not be easy at United either. Cody Gakpo and Christian Pulisic are among the forwards being linked with a move to Old Trafford in January.

There are no plans to offload Sancho, even if the club had a realistic chance of recouping their investment.

For now, United - and England - can only hope that a spell out of the spotlight is what Sancho needs to get back to his best on and off the pitch.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11534693/Manchester-United-Jadon-Sancho-not-physically-mentally-ready-play-reveals-Erik-ten-Hag.html
Rashford dan Saka saja udah bangkit dari keterpurukan pas Euro 2020 saat itu, jika Sancho tidak cepat bangkit bisa-bisa posisinya terancam oleh Garnacho
Old 21-12-2022, 08:26 AM   #117
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Jadon Sancho 'is STILL absent from Manchester United training' despite their imminent return to action in the Carabao Cup - a week after Erik ten Hag admitted the winger wasn't 'physically or mentally ready to play'

* Sancho has reportedly not yet returned to full training with Manchester United
* Winger won't be available for Wednesday's Carabao Cup fixture with Burnley
* Ten Hag said last week that Sancho wasn't yet ready to return to the squad
* Erik ten Hag's side return to action at Old Trafford following World Cup break
* Sancho spent that time in Holland working individually with a fitness coach
* He hasn't played since the 1-1 draw with Chelsea at the end of October

Jadon Sancho 'is still missing from Manchester United training' after Erik ten Hag said he 'wasn't mentally ready' to return to action.

United play Burnley in the fourth round of the Carabao Cup on Wednesday night but winger Sancho won't be available for selection amid concerns over his mental state of mind.

Sancho turned off his social media accounts last month in an effort to be ready for the second half of the season but that move only raised further concerns about his wellbeing.

Sancho, 22, has been undergoing an individual training programme in the Netherlands on the recommendation of Ten Hag in recent weeks having failed to make England's World Cup squad.

The aim was to restore Sancho to peak fitness, especially mentally, and try to rediscover the form he showed during a bright opening to the season.

Sancho did not travel to Spain with other United players not at the World Cup for a warm weather training camp and friendlies against Cadiz and Real Betis.

And, according to the Manchester Evening News, Sancho is still not in a position to return to full training at United's Carrington headquarters. He hasn't been pictured in squad training since October 31.

Jadon Sancho 'is still missing from Manchester United training' as Erik ten Hag's side prepare to return to action in the Carabao Cup fourth round against Burnley. Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag (right) has admitted he does not know when £73million Jadon Sancho (second right) will return to action for the club

Ten Hag has spoken to £73million man Sancho about his situation on several occasions but hasn't put a timeframe on his return to training.

'We want to bring him back as quickly as possible, but I can't give a prognosis of when that will be,' Ten Hag said earlier this month.

'Sometimes there are circumstances with fitness and mood. We got a drop of quality level and sometimes you don't know why or what is causing it.

'That is what we are doing now to try to get him back there. It is a combination of physically and mentally.'

Sancho has been training with a coach trusted by Ten Hag at Dutch amateur club OJC Rosmalen, with a brief video emerging showing him dribbling around training mannequins.

United would ideally have Sancho fit and available ahead of a hectic Christmas schedule.

He last played for them in the 1-1 draw at Chelsea on October 22 and was then sidelined with illness.

After the Burnley tie on Wednesday night, United host Nottingham Forest on their return to Premier League action on December 27 before travelling to Wolves on New Year's Eve.

Ten Hag's side follow that up with a home game against Bournemouth on January 3 and a FA Cup third round tie at home to Everton on January 6.

It comes as the nine players in the squad eliminated at the quarter-final stage return to the club in time for the clash with Championship leaders Burnley.

Harry Maguire, part of the England team knocked out by France at the last eight stage in Qatar, could feature on Wednesday because first-choice central defenders Raphael Varane and Lisandro Martinez made it all the way to the final with France and Argentina respectively.

Others who should be available are Luke Shaw, Marcus Rashford, Bruno Fernandes, Casemiro, Fred and Antony, though Diogo Dalot is being assessed for a hamstring injury.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11558349/Jadon-Sancho-absent-Manchester-United-training.html
Old 22-12-2022, 08:39 AM   #118
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'No': Erik ten Hag gives blunt reply when asked if he knows when Jadon Sancho will be back at Man United as £73m winger continues to train away from the club - after boss said last week he wasn't 'physically or mentally' ready to return

* Jadon Sancho missed Manchester United's 2-0 Carabao Cup win over Burnley
* Erik ten Hag refused to be drawn on when Sancho could return for his side
* Ten Hag said last week that Sancho wasn't yet ready to return to the squad
* Sancho has spent time in the Netherlands undergoing an individual programme

Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has refused to be drawn on Jadon Sancho's possible return, as the winger continues to train away from the club.

Sancho was not available for selection as United secured a 2-0 win over Burnley at Old Trafford to advance to the Carabao Cup quarter-finals.

Ten Hag was asked post-match whether he had an update on Sancho's possible return, with the Dutchman responding 'No'.

The United boss also replied 'no' when asked if there was a timescale for the 22-year-old's potential comeback.

Ten Hag said last week that Sancho 'wasn't mentally ready' to return to action, with the winger undergoing an individual training programme in the Netherlands on his recommendation.

'I don't think he will be back this week, no,' Ten Hag last week. 'We want to bring him back as quickly as possible, but I can't give a prognosis of when that will be.

'Sometimes there are circumstances with fitness and mood. We got a drop of quality level and sometimes you don't know why or what is causing it.

The individual programme came after Sancho was left out of Gareth Southgate's 26-man England squad for the FIFA World Cup in Qatar.

The aim is to restore Sancho to peak fitness, especially mentally, and try to rediscover the form he showed during the opening part of the season.

Erik ten Hag has refused to be drawn on Jadon Sancho's possible return to Manchester United. Sancho has been undergoing an individual training programme in the Netherlands

Sancho did not travel to Spain with other United players not at the World Cup for a warm weather training camp, as well as missing friendlies against Cadiz and Real Betis.

He has instead been training with a coach trusted by Ten Hag at Dutch amateur club OJC Rosmalen, with a brief video emerging showing him dribbling around training mannequins.

Sancho, who joined United for £73million in 2021, last appeared for the club in a 1-1 draw at Chelsea on October 22, before being sidelined with an illness.

Ten Hag's side emerged as 2-0 winners over Burnley in their first competitive match since the World Cup, with Christian Eriksen and Marcus Rashford on target.

The Red Devils will be embarking on a busy schedule over the Christmas and New Year period.

United host Nottingham Forest on their return to Premier League action on December 27 before travelling to Wolves on New Year's Eve.

Ten Hag's side follow that up with a home game against Bournemouth on January 3 and a FA Cup third round tie at home to Everton on January 6.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11564289/Erik-ten-Hag-gives-blunt-reply-asked-Jadon-Sanchos-possible-return-Manchester-United.html
Old 31-12-2022, 01:53 PM   #119
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Jadon Sancho is BACK at Manchester United after a solo spell in Holland working on his fitness and mindset... but boss Erik ten Hag admits he is STILL not ready to return to action

* Jadon Sancho has returned to Manchester United after a solo spell in Holland
* The England winger went abroad to work on his physical fitness and his mindset
* And manager Erik ten Hag has confirmed Sancho is back in Manchester again
* He will follow an individual training programme before he can play for United
* But the 22-year-old's return to Carrington is seen as a forward step for the player

Jadon Sancho has returned to Manchester United and will continue to follow an individual training programme before he can play for the club again.

United manager Erik ten Hag confirmed that Sancho is back in Manchester after a spell in Holland during which the England winger worked on his fitness and mindset.

Sancho, who has not played for United for 10 weeks, missed the club's training camp in Spain at the start of this month because he was not physically or mentally ready to take part, according to Ten Hag.

The 22-year-old's return to Carrington is seen as a forward step, with United's coaching staff now able to assess Sancho more closely. The players also have regular access to Dutch sports psychologist Rainier Koers who has been brought in by Ten Hag.

'He is back in Manchester and will start individual training,' said the United boss when asked for an update on Sancho's comeback.

'Of course, the time is coming but the time is not now. He is making progress and we will see when he is ready to return to the squad.'

Jadon Sancho has returned to Man United and will keep following a personal training regime. United manager Erik ten Hag confirmed that Sancho is back in Manchester after a spell in Holland during which the England winger worked on his physical fitness and mindset. Sancho didn't appear in United's return to league action against Nottingham Forest on Tuesday

Sancho made a bright start under Ten Hag when the Dutchman took over in the summer, and was one of the club's standout players on the pre-season tour of Bangkok and Australia.

He began the season well with three goals in his first eight games, but last appeared at Chelsea on October 22 and missed out on a place in England's World Cup squad. He has been training at Dutch amateur club OJC Rosmalen with coaches recommended by Ten Hag.

A £73million signing from Borussia Dortmund in 2021, Sancho also took a break from social media to focus on his family and the second half of the season, according to club sources.

Speaking about Sancho earlier this month, Ten Hag said: 'We want to bring him back as quickly as possible, but I can't give a prognosis of when that will be.

'Sometimes there are circumstances with fitness and mood. We got a drop of level and sometimes you don't know why or what is causing it.

'That is what we're doing now to try to get him back there. It's a combination of physical but also mentally.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11586155/Man-United-Sancho-club-boss-Ten-Hag-admits-hes-not-ready-return.html
Old 03-01-2023, 08:26 AM   #120
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Jadon Sancho arrives at Carrington as he starts an individual programme back in Manchester following Erik ten Hag's decision to send him to Holland in a bid to improve his physical and mental wellbeing

* Jadon Sancho has returned to Manchester United after a solo spell in Holland
* The England winger went abroad to work on his physical fitness and his mindset
* He has been pictured arriving at the club's Carrington base for the first time
* Sancho will follow an individual training plan before he can reappear for the club

Manchester United forward Jadon Sancho has been pictured arriving at the club's Carrington training ground.

Sancho, 22, was recently sent to Holland to train by Erik ten Hag amid concerns over his physical and mental readiness to play for United.

His was left off the club's mid-World Cup training camp to Spain with Ten Hag explaining that he was not in the right frame of mind or fitness to play for the club.

He had been training at Dutch amateur club OJC Rosmalen with coaches recommended by Ten Hag.

However, Ten Hag confirmed last week that Sancho would be returning to Manchester to continue his work on an individual programme before hopefully joining back up with the team in the not too distant future.

Jadon Sancho has been pictured arriving at Manchester United's Carrington training base

'He is back in Manchester and will start individual training,' said the United boss when asked for an update on Sancho's comeback.

'Of course, the time is coming but the time is not now. He is making progress and we will see when he is ready to return to the squad.'

Sancho has not played for the club in over 10 weeks, with his last minutes coming in October's 1-1 draw with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

His turbulent last two months came as a bit of a shock after the former England man started brightly under Ten Hag, including scoring three goals in his first eight games of the season having impressed on their pre-season tour.

His early season form had sparked questions about whether he might have been due an England recall in the autumn. Some supporters were left scratching their heads when that didn't arise, with Rio Ferdinand saying: 'He’s sitting there thinking what more do I have to do? He didn’t like him when he was on fire so he must be thinking that’s the problem with Jadon Sancho.'

There were no such questions when the World Cup did eventually roll around.

United manager Erik ten Hag (centre) confirmed that Sancho is back in Manchester after a spell in Holland during which the England winger worked on his physical fitness and mindset. Sancho has not appeared for Manchester United since the club's 1-1 draw with Chelsea in October

Amid confusion over what exactly was happening with the former Borussia Dortmund star, Ten Hag explained that it was as a much question of his mental wellbeing as it was physical and stressed that they wanted to reintegrate him.

'We want to bring him back as quickly as possible, but I can't give a prognosis of when that will be,' Ten Hag said earlier last month.

'Sometimes there are circumstances with fitness and mood. We got a drop of level and sometimes you don't know why or what is causing it.

'That is what we're doing now to try to get him back there. It's a combination of physical but also mentally.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11592055/Jadon-Sancho-pictured-arriving-Carrington-begins-individual-programme-England.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 11
Andi Istiabudi, bbobbyitta5057, dhodoadrian, h-ANG, irfi_1, richoeka, rio vander vidic, tumpal_oneunited, zudomiriku