United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Manager & Staff

Old 24-05-2022, 10:23 AM   #1
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Erik ten Hag's Coaching Team

Manchester United confirm the appointment of Mitchell van der Gaag and Steve McClaren as Erik ten Hag's new backroom staff, with the boss set to be unveiled today ahead of major rebuild to revive Old Trafford fortunes

* Erik ten Hag has added Mitchell van der Gaag and Steve McClaren to his staff
* Van der Gaag worked as Ten Hag's assistant at Ajax and the pair won three titles
* McClaren returns to United two decades after working under Sir Alex Ferguson

Manchester United have added Mitchell van der Gaag and Steve McClaren to the backroom team at Old Trafford following Erik ten Hag's appointment as manager.

Van der Gaag worked as Ten Hag's assistant at Ajax where the two men won three Dutch titles together.

Ten Hag was McClaren's No 2 at FC Twente and was adamant the former England manager joined him at United to offer advice on the club and English football in general.

McClaren returns to Old Trafford more than two decades after he served as Sir Alex Ferguson's assistant in United's Treble winning season.

Mitchell van der Gaag worked as Erik ten Hag's assistant at Ajax and the pair won three titles. Ten Hag, Van der Gaag and Steve McClaren watched United's 1-0 defeat to Crystal Palace

Van der Gaag and McClaren watched United's 1-0 defeat to Crystal Palace on Sunday alongside Ten Hag, who begins work at his new club on Monday.

'I thought I worked hard until I met Erik,' said McClaren recently. 'His great strength lies not just in his attention to detail and organisation.

'He has a clear philosophy of how he wants to play football; the environment he wants to create.'

In a statement announcing the appointments, United said: 'Welcome to United, Mitchell… and welcome back, Steve!'

Ten Hag is due to be officially unveiled as United's new manager at a press conference on Monday.

The 52-year-old has signed a three-year contract, with the option for a fourth, and immediately turned his attention to United after skipping Ajax's post-season trip to Curacao.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10844603/Manchester-United-confirm-appointment-Mitchell-Van-der-Gaag-Steve-McClaren.html
Old 27-05-2022, 01:57 AM   #2
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Erik ten Hag's Coaching Team

Steve McClaren salah satu sosok penting di balik kesuksesan United meraih treble 1999.
Sepertinya pilihan tepat untuk memasukkan namanya dalam jajaran pelatih Erik ten Hag
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2022, 10:10 AM   #3
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

'We just want to support Erik and make him successful': Steve McClaren says Man United boss Ten Hag will bring a 'new beginning' to Old Trafford, hails his work ethic and admits working with the Dutchman is 'exciting'

* Erik ten Hag officially began work as Manchester United's new boss on Monday
* Ten Hag has hired Steve McClaren as his assistant manager at the Red Devils
* McClaren can't wait to begin work overhauling United alongside Ten Hag

Steve McClaren has opened up about working alongside Erik ten Hag again, with Manchester United's new No 2 relishing the opportunity and new dawn under the Red Devils boss.

Ten Hag officially began work in the Old Trafford hotseat on Monday as he looks to overhaul the club following an abysmal season by their standards.

McClaren will be part of that hopeful revolution, having been brought in as the Dutchman's No 2 - seeing the pair reunited following a season spent together at Dutch outfit Twente in 2008-09.

Steve McClaren (right) is relishing the prospect of working with Erik ten Hag (left) at Manchester United as his assistant manager following the latter's managerial appointment. McClaren will be Ten Hag's right-hand man as they bid to return United back to the top. McClaren has been effusive in his praise of the Dutchman's work ethic - with plans already had

And speaking about the task ahead, McClaren could only speak glowingly about Ten Hag and his meticulous work ethic - stating that the latter got straight to planning a day after winning the Eredivise title with his former club Ajax.

'We had the meetings the day after they celebrated the championship, and it was made official, and we got to work,' McClaren said, speaking to his son Josh on their McClaren Performance podcast.

'He came to London last week where I met him and Mitchell [van der Gaag - assistant manager too] and [football director] John Murtough, and together we spent five days, six days including yesterday with the press, and seven today.

'The work ethic, the attention to detail has again just been exemplified in the last few days where he's practically met every member of staff who he's going to be working very closely with, and in detail has worked out the plan, what each person's job is.

'It's like going back in time 10 years ago when I first met him, everything was mapped out and again that's the case.'

Expanding further, the 60-year-old likened Ten Hag's mindset to legendary United manager Sir Alex Ferguson - adding he just wants him to be successful.

'[Working with Ten Hag] allowed me time to have a look the full extent of the job at Twente, it get me that time to focus, watch, listen, take in the job, and eventually find a little niche where as the manager of the team, I could make my impact.

'I suppose the last seven days have epitomised that again, the attention to detail, all the planning, which he wants to get right. That's from the day after he won the championship with Ajax, he's on to the next, a little like Sir Alex Ferguson used to do.

'We just want to support Erik and make him successful, because if he is, then the team is.'

Pre-season for United begins in June, with Ten Hag calling his players in early, and McClaren cannot wait to get started.

'It's not just exciting going back to Manchester United, it's exciting working with Erik again. Mitchell, is a very, very good coach, and hopefully together with the [existing] staff - John Murtough has also been a fantastic help - we can begin in the middle of June, the players come back and it's a new beginning.

'Erik's looking forward and I certainly am. It was great to catch up again over the last seven days and really bond again. Hopefully we make a great team off the field and hopefully produce one on the field.'

Ten Hag was McClaren's assistant manager at Dutch outfit Twente during the 2008-09 season. McClaren was Sir Alex Ferguson's No 2 at United for three years between 1999- 01

Now starting his second spell at Old Trafford, McClaren was iconic figure Ferguson's assistant between 1999 and 2001. The now 60-year-old's first campaign coincided with their iconic Treble-winning haul.

McClaren's return to United sees him reunited with Ten Hag. The pair know each other well with Ten Hag having been McClaren's assistant for the 2008-09 season at Dutch outfit Twente.

It was McClaren's first campaign within Dutch football and the now role reversal at United sees Ten Hag's first foray within the English game.

McClaren and Ten Hag worked successfully together during that sole season, with Twente finishing second in the Eredivisie. Ten Hag left that summer and McClaren steered the Dutch side to their only top-flight title that following term.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10857865/Manchester-United-Steve-McClaren-says-Erik-ten-Hag-bring-new-beginning-Old-Trafford.html
dulu ETH asistennya McClaren, sekarang kebalikannya, semoga duet mereka bisa membawa United ke arah yang lebih baik
Old 27-06-2022, 09:40 AM   #4
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Steve McClaren is just the man to whip Manchester United's 'ill-disciplined' stars into shape, insists ex-England winger Stewart Downing - who claims the Red Devils 'need coaching' after their woeful run of results under interim manager Ralf Rangnick

* Stewart Downing has backed Steve McClaren to help Man United's misfortunes
* The former England boss is back at Old Trafford as Erik ten Hag's No.2
* Downing says his former boss can help change United's 'ill-disciplined' stars
* Former Middlesbrough winger claims McClaren overachieved at the Riverside

Stewart Downing has backed his former boss Steve McClaren to have a big impact on Man United's 'ill-disciplined' side next season.

The former England boss is now back at Old Trafford as the No 2 to new manager Erik ten Hag, having been part of Manchester United's treble winning success as Sir Alex Ferguson's assistant in 1999.

And Downing, who knows McClaren well from their time with England and Middlesbrough, has backed his former coach to turn things around at United after their dismal campaign last year.

Speaking ahead of the 360 Sports TV Masters Cup, Downing said: 'The one thing I will say about McClaren is that he's a very good on-field coach, and I think that team does need coaching a little bit.

'When I watch United they're so ill-disciplined, and [McClaren] is really good at organising the team and getting them how he wants them to play, and I'm sure he and Ten Hag have got the same sort of ideas.'

Manchester United struggled last season first under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and then under interim boss Ralf Rangnick before appointing ten Hag and McClaren for the 2022-23 season.

The Red Devils had a season to forget as they recorded their worst ever Premier League campaign with 16 wins, 57 goals scored and just 58 points collected.

Steve McClaren will return to Old Trafford as Erik ten Hag's (left) assistant manager. Stewart Downing has backed his former coach to help United's 'ill-disciplined' stars. Steve McClaren has given out the blueprint on how he hopes to get Manchester United firing

Downing spent eight seasons with Middlesbrough with McClaren being coach for five of them. He claims that the United assistant overachieved with Boro and expects to see similar things this year.

'We were a very well organised as a team. McClaren overachieved with us, instilled a winning attitude, we got to the UEFA Cup final and beat some amazing teams just by pure hard work and being very well drilled.'

The impact that McClaren could have has already been illustrated after he blasted players who fail to contribute to a positive energy at a football club recently.

'These are the things that we need to do, things like we all need to connect with each other.' McClaren explained to his son on their McClaren Performance podcast.

'Games are won Monday to Friday, if you get Monday to Friday right, games are won on Saturday. Each and everyone has to bring energy.

'A lot of people now, body language arms up in the air, you've got to react to get that ball back, win that ball back, whatever situation, react quick don't think about it.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10954407/Steve-McClaren-man-help-Man-Uniteds-ill-disciplined-stars-insists-Stewart-Downing.html
Old 02-08-2022, 09:22 AM   #5
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag adds ANOTHER former Ajax star to his Old Trafford team as Benni McCarthy joins his coaching staff... with boyhood Red Devils fan tasked with getting the club's forward line firing

* Manchester United have added Benni McCarthy to their coaching staff
* The former Blackburn and West Ham striker is club's new first-team coach
* The South African will focus on working with United's current forward line

Manchester United have added former Premier League hitman Benni McCarthy to their backroom staff as a first-team coach.

The 44-year-old stepped down as coach of Durban-based AmaZulu in March after helping them qualify for the

The South African, a boyhood fan of the Red Devils, is a close friend of Ten Hag's assistant Mitchell van der Gaag and joins former England boss Steve McClaren on the staff at United, where he'll be focusing on working with the club's strikers.

McCarthy enjoyed a six-year spell in the Premier League at Blackburn Rovers and West Ham United during the late 2000s.

South African legend Benni McCarthy has been added to Manchester United's coaching staff. Erik ten Hag has already appointed former England manager Steve McClaren to his staff

He also won two Eredivisie titles and two domestic cups with Ajax as well as stints at Celta Vigo and most notably Porto, where he was part of Jose Mourinho's Champions League winning side in 2004.

It was McCarthy who scored twice against Manchester United in that infamous Champions League semi-final for the Portuguese side.

That victory in the Estadio do Dragao led to Mourinho's famous dance down the Old Trafford touchline in the return leg after his team knocked United out of the Champions League.

McCarthy recalled: 'I support Man United and always wanted to play for them.

'I loved players like Mark Hughes, Andy Cole and Ryan Giggs. So I was heartbroken to score twice.

'My dream was to score once at Old Trafford – not to knock United out.

'I got hammered by Jose Mourinho after the game because I wasn't very happy. He told me that if I didn't cheer up, I'd never play in his team again.'

McCarthy will be tasked in getting Manchester United's attackers firing into next season. McCarthy is a self-confessed boyhood Manchester United fan and wanted to play for the club

The Cape Town-born star won 79 caps for South Africa during his glittering career and is his country's record goal-scorer with 31 goals.

McCarthy will be tasked in getting the United front-line of Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial and Jadon Sancho firing as they look forward to the season opener at home to Brighton next Sunday.

However, it is still not clear if the South African will be working with United's wantaway striker Cristiano Ronaldo.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11064575/Man-Utd-appoint-former-Premier-League-striker-Benni-McCarthy-clubs-coaching-staff.html
Old 03-08-2022, 09:50 AM   #6
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'Last season is history... the players want discipline': Steve McClaren admits he's relishing the clean slate at Manchester United with Erik ten Hag this summer but warns their squad that 'you have to win'

* Steve McClaren made a return to the club as Erik ten Hag's assistant manager
* The former England boss praised the players for their application and hard work
* McClaren has a sense that it is a good dressing room currently at the club

Steve McClaren has praised the current Manchester United squad saying they have given him a 'great feeling' ahead of the new campaign but offered a stark warning on the standards expected of them ahead of the new campaign.

The former England boss was brought in by Erik ten Hag as one of his assistants having worked under the ex-Derby and Middlesbrough boss at FC Twente.

McClaren was Sir Alex Ferguson's deputy during the extremely successful spell for United between 1999 and 2001 in which time they won three league titles as well as the Champions League and one FA Cup.

Speaking to the club's website, McClaren extolled the virtues of the current group stating that he has been impressed by them but said that at United it all came down to winning.

Steve McClaren has said he is relishing the season starting after being impressed in pre-season

He said: 'Last season, seasons are gone. The history is gone. It’s past.'

'It’s about the future and we’ve got an opportunity to create that in a certain style and Erik wants to see that happen,' he added.

'The vibe that I’m getting from the players: they want it too. They want that discipline, they want to know what their jobs are. They want feedback on it. Because they want to win,' he said.

'I’m afraid at Manchester United you have to win.'

The former FC Twente and Derby County boss made a return to the Old Trafford dugout after 21 years on the weekend. McClaren says the group have been fantastic and that he gets a great feeling ahead of the campaign beginning

McClaren, who spent three years as Ferguson's assistant including being by his side for the club's most famous night in 1999 when they scored two last gasp goals to win the Champions League, said that the group had so far been great to work with and it made him optimistic ahead of the new campaign.

'The great thing that I’ve found is that these are great players to work with,' said McClaren.

'They were a little quiet the first week: it [the training] was very demanding.

'But as we got to know the players, as we got more and more into training sessions and they know the demands, the intensity, the competition, the winning and losing, the banter that goes along with it, you can feel the noise and the volume in training, in the dressing room, around the hotel and around Carrington, start to [build].

'That’s what I like, that’s why I enjoy coaching, that’s why I enjoy coming back here because these are damn-good players. You can see that.'

He added: 'This group have been fantastic. I get a great feeling,' he continued. 'I’ve been into many, many dressing rooms and many dressing rooms for the first two, three, four weeks you kind of know and can smell [it].

'I’ve got a good feeling about this dressing room.'

Last season a lot of the criticism of United - particularly that that came from the cadre of very vocal former players in the media - focused in on a culture amongst the playing group that befell the previous lofty standards that had for so long characterised the club.

McClaren said the culture was now 'clean' and any bad embers of a bad culture had been extinguished.

'The demands are there and that’s what creates a great environment. I can see that spirit. It’s great coming from the outside; coming in, with no preconceptions about the culture and environment and it’s clean and it’s gone,' he said.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11073365/Steve-McClaren-relishes-chance-wipe-slate-clean-Erik-ten-Hag.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 4
adaastopa5922, Andi Istiabudi, rio vander vidic, zudomiriku