United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 03-01-2023, 08:43 AM   #121
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jadon Sancho

Rio Ferdinand calls for 'clarity' on Jadon Sancho's future at Manchester United, saying the Red Devils need a winger, despite Erik ten Hag not using the England star since October

* Rio Ferdinand has called for 'clarity' on Jadon Sancho's future at Man United
* Erik ten Hag has not used the England winger in his club plans since October
* Sancho recently missed a Red Devils training camp to work on his fitness alone
* The 22-year-old was pictured returning to Carrington earlier on Monday

Rio Ferdinand wants 'clarity' over Jadon Sancho's future at Manchester United, with the England winger being left out of Erik ten Hag's plans since October.

Sancho, 22, was left out of England's World Cup squad, and has not featured for the Red Devils since their Premier League draw with Chelsea, a month before the global showpiece event.

And speaking to his Vibe with Five YouTube channel, former United and England defender Ferdinand said he wanted the situation around Sancho's future to be cleared up, with the player missing out on Man United's mid-season training camp in Spain to improve his fitness on his own accord.

Ferdinand, 44, said: 'Jadon Sancho is an interesting one. He’s gone away and he’s doing personal training somewhere. I don’t know what’s happened or what’s behind all this. I don’t know what it is. Is he not fit or is it mental? What are they seeing at United? It would be nice to get that clarity.

'Listen, Jadon Sancho is a south London boy so I care about him and want him to do well. But he hasn’t hit the ground running at Manchester United, for whatever reason. I don’t know why.'

Jadon Sancho has not appeared for Man United since the club's draw with Chelsea in October. Rio Ferdinand wants 'clarity' on Sancho's future with the club after missing a training camp. Sancho joined in the summer of 2021, but has not shown his previous Borussia Dortmund form. Erik ten Hag has left Sancho out of the team since October, as the winger works on his fitness

Sancho joined Man United in the summer of 2021, after four successful years in the Bundesliga with Borussia Dortmund.

Sancho registered just five goals and three assists during his debut season at Old Trafford in 2021-22, before the problems getting into the side under ten Hag in the current campaign.

Ferdinand said: 'United actually need him right now, they need another player because the depth on the bench isn’t great. Sancho would add to that but he needs to come back and be the Sancho we saw at Dortmund, the Sancho that got people off their seats.

'I watched an old video of Sancho the other day and he was tearing it up against Barcelona at the Nou Camp. That’s the Sancho I expected to see at United. I wanted him to come to the Theatre of Dreams and say: ‘This is my home, I’m going to own this place’.

'We just haven’t seen that yet and it’s actually grating on me as to why. I need to know why.'

On January 2, Sancho was pictured arriving at Carrington, after a spell working on his physical and mental wellbeing in Holland.

With the transfer window open, Sancho could look to go elsewhere if he is surplus to Man United's plans, or else he could try to regain his place with ten Hag's squad, who play Bournemouth in the Premier League and Everton in the FA Cup in the coming week.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11592425/Rio-Ferdinand-calls-clarity-Jadon-Sanchos-future-Man-United-saying-need-winger.html
Old 06-01-2023, 08:18 AM   #122
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Erik ten Hag says he needs Jadon Sancho 'back as soon as possible' to boost Manchester United's frontline, but manager insists 'I have to show patience' after winger spent time away working on 'physical and mental' fitnes

* Erik ten Hag admits Man United need Jadon Sancho back as soon as possible
* Winger Sancho is now back at Carrington on an individual training programme
* He spent several weeks working in Holland on his physical and mental shape
* United already need to sign a striker after Cristiano Ronaldo's acrimonious exit
* And boss Ten Hag has acknowledged Sancho's return can't come soon enough

Erik ten Hag admits Manchester United need Jadon Sancho back in action as soon as possible, but won't force the England star to rush his recovery.

Sancho has returned to the club's Carrington base to follow an individual fitness programme, after several weeks working alone in Holland because Ten Hag said he wasn't in the right physical and mental shape to train with the rest of the squad.

United already need to sign a striker in the January transfer window after ripping up Cristiano Ronaldo's contract, and Ten Hag acknowledged that Sancho would be a valuable addition to a depleted strike-force.

The United boss revealed that the 22-year-old winger is making progress, but insisted that he will not push Sancho to come back before he is ready.

'We have some hurdles to take, but I think he's in a good direction,' said Ten Hag. 'I will be really happy the moment he returns to the squad for team training. That's the next step.

'The physical is also connected with the mental. He is now making good progress on the physical part and it will help him. I think - let's say, I hope - he can return quickly, but I can't say how long that will be.

Man United boss Erik ten Hag has admitted he needs Jadon Sancho back as soon as possible. England winger Sancho has returned to Carrington training ground after several weeks spent working alone in Holland on an individual programme to boost his physical and mental state. But Dutch manager Ten Hag insisted he will not rush the 22-year-old back before he is ready

'I would like him back as soon as possible. I will do everything in my power, but you can't force some processes and this is one of them.

'So I have to show patience, although I don't have the patience because you are right, we have a lack of opportunities in the front line. When he is fit, Jadon is one who can contribute and then we'll have an extra option.

'He was in the Netherlands, but the process could also have been in England. I think many top athletes, sometimes it's good to go away from the place where you are every day to get a new vibe and experience.

'People have a different approach and this can give you the right push to get back on track. Football players aren't robots. No-one is the same. For everyone, you need an individual approach. We thought, in co-operation with Jadon, it was the best choice.'

Ten Hag said that United's medical team are still assessing Donny van de Beek's right knee injury, and stressed the importance of signing goalkeeper Jack Butland from Crystal Palace until the end of the season.

'We need three experienced goalkeepers,' said the Dutchman. 'You don't want a situation that hopefully you play for trophies and you have to put in a young keeper. It can kill your season.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11604147/Ten-Hag-Man-United-need-Jadon-Sancho-soon-boost-line.html
dengan cederanya VDB tentu ETH berharap agar Sancho bisa kembali ke lapangan hijau secepatnya
Old 18-01-2023, 08:16 AM   #123
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Jadon Sancho 'returns to training with the Manchester United first team' following Erik ten Hag's decision to send him to Holland in a bid to improve his physical and mental wellbeing

* Jadon Sancho has returned to training with Manchester United 's first-team
* The 22-year-old winger went abroad to work on his physical and mental health
* The England star returned to Carrington last week and has trained on his own
* Sancho has rejoined the squad ahead of Wednesday's match with Crystal Palace

Jadon Sancho is said to have returned to training with Manchester United's first-team on Tuesday afternoon.

The 22-year-old was sent to Holland by United manager Erik ten Hag in November 2022 amid concerns over his physical and mental readiness to play for United.

Sancho was also left off the club's mid-World Cup training camp to Spain, with Ten Hag explaining that he was not in the right frame of mind or fitness to play.

Ten Hag thought it would be beneficial for Sancho to break up his routine by flying over to Holland to train in a different environment.

Therefore, Sancho took part in a series of sessions at Dutch amateur club OJC Rosmalen with coaches recommended by Ten Hag.

Sancho was pictured returning to Carrington last week to continue his work on an individual programme before joining up with the first-team squad.

'He is back in Manchester and will start individual training,' said the United boss when asked for an update on Sancho's comeback last week.

Jadon Sancho is understood to have returned to Man United 's first-team training on Tuesday. He was sent to Holland by Erik ten Hag amid concerns over his physical and mental wellbeing. Sancho, 22, has not appeared for Man United since the club's 1-1 draw with Chelsea in October

'Of course, the time is coming but the time is not now. He is making progress and we will see when he is ready to return to the squad.'

The Athletic have now reported that Sancho returned to first-team training on Tuesday afternoon.

Sancho has not played for the club in over 10 weeks, with his last minutes coming in October's 1-1 draw with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

His turbulent last two months came as a bit of a shock after the former England man started brightly under Ten Hag, including scoring three goals in his first eight games.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11646293/Jadon-Sancho-returns-training-Manchester-United-team.html
jadwal lagi padat, Martial juga doubt, semoga Sancho kembali disaat yg tepat ketika United lagi butuh opsi penyerang dan bisa membantu United meraih trophy musim ini
Old 19-01-2023, 08:16 AM   #124
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United will NOT rush Jadon Sancho back too quickly after he returned to group training for the first time in TWO months on Tuesday... with the England star left out of Erik ten Hag's squad to face Crystal Palace

* Jadon Sancho has returned to Manchester United's group training at Carrington
* Boss Erik ten Hag sent the winger to Holland amid concerns over his wellbeing
* He has not played for the Red Devils since their 1-1 draw with Chelsea in October
* Man United won't rush Sancho back and have left him out of Wednesday's squad
* He did not travel with the squad ahead of United's clash against Crystal Palace

Manchester United are being careful not to rush Jadon Sancho back into action too soon after the England winger returned to group training at Carrington on Tuesday for the first time in two months.

Sancho has not travelled with the rest of the United squad to London for Wednesday night's clash with Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park, and it would be a surprise if he is involved at Arsenal on Sunday either.

The 22-year-old has been following an individual programme for the last eight weeks. While resuming training with his teammates for the first time since November has to be seen as a positive step in his rehabilitation, manager Erik ten Hag has already stressed that Sancho will not play again before he is ready.

The Palace game came too soon and it would be asking a lot of Sancho to play in the top-of-the-table clash at the Emirates.

No timeline has been put on his comeback, but United have three domestic cup games after that – two legs of the Carabao Cup semi-final against Nottingham Forest either side of an FA Cup fourth round tie at home to Reading – which might offer Ten Hag an opportunity to ease the player back into action.

'I would like to have Jadon back as soon as possible,' said the United boss earlier this month. 'I will do everything that's in my power, but some processes you can't force and this is one of them. So I have also to show patience.

'We have some hurdles to take but I think he's in a good direction. In this moment he is not fit enough. I said, physical. He is now making good progress on the physical part and that will help him. Physical is also the connection with mental. I hope he can return quickly but I can't say how long it will be.'

Manchester United are keen not to rush back Jadon Sancho after his return to group training. The England winger has not travelled with the squad ahead of their match with Crystal Palace . He was sent to Holland by Erik ten Hag amid concerns over his physical and mental wellbeing. Sancho, 22, has not appeared for Man United since the club's 1-1 draw with Chelsea in October

Sancho has not played for United in almost three months since the 1-1 draw at Chelsea in October, and he missed the club's training camp in Spain in December to work on his fitness and mind-set.

The winger, who also closed his social media channels, was sent to Holland to work with coaches recommended with Ten Hag and has been following an individual training schedule since then.

The former Borussia Dortmund star has eight goals and four assists in 52 games since moving Old Trafford from the Bundesliga club for £73million in July 2021.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11650061/Man-United-NOT-rush-Jadon-Sancho-quickly-misses-Crystal-Palace-clash.html
Old 25-01-2023, 08:47 AM   #125
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Jadon Sancho will not feature in Man United's Carabao Cup semi-final, first leg against Nottingham Forest despite returning to training... with Erik ten Hag refusing to rush the winger back after concerns about his mental wellbeing

* Jadon Sancho hasn't played for Man United since the Chelsea game in October
* Erik ten Hag expressed concerns about the £73m winger's mental wellbeing
* Sancho still won't be involved as United play Forest in Carabao Cup semi-final

Manchester United fans will have to wait for Jadon Sancho's comeback after Erik ten Hag confirmed that the England winger will not feature in the first leg of the Carabao Cup semi-final at Nottingham Forest on Wednesday night.

Sancho returned to training with the rest of the United squad last week for the first time in two months.

But Ten Hag won't rush the 22-year-old back into action after revealing that Sancho, Anthony Martial and Diogo Dalot – who all missed Sunday's defeat at Arsenal – will not play at the City Ground.

'No, all the players who were not available for the Arsenal game, Dalot, Martial, Sancho, are also not available for tomorrow,' said Ten Hag.

Jadon Sancho pictured in Manchester United training on Monday - but he is still unavailable. Sancho (left) is back in training with the United squad but Erik ten Hag won't play him just yet. United manager Erik ten Hag said Sancho remains unavailable despite returning to training

Sancho followed an individual programme for eight weeks before rejoining the rest of the group at Carrington last week.

He has not played for United in almost three months since the 1-1 draw at Chelsea in October, and he missed the club's training camp in Spain in December to work on his fitness and mindset.

The England winger's last appearance for United was in the match at Chelsea on October 22. He was sent to Holland by Erik ten Hag amid concerns over his physical and mental wellbeing

The winger, who also closed his social media channels, was sent to Holland to work with coaches recommended with Ten Hag.

Speaking earlier this month the United boss said: 'I would like to have Jadon back as soon as possible. I will do everything that's in my power, but some processes you can't force and this is one of them. So I have also to show patience.

'We have some hurdles to take but I think he's in a good direction. In this moment he is not fit enough. I said, physical. He is now making good progress on the physical part and that will help him.

'Physical is also the connection with mental. I hope he can return quickly but I can't say how long it will be.'

After Wednesday night's visit to Nottingham, United face Reading in the fourth round of the FA Cup on Saturday night before the home return leg against Forest next week.

There then follows a trio of Premier League fixtures before their Europa League play-off tie against Barcelona.

French striker Martial was taken off halfway through United's 2-1 win over Manchester City with an injury and missed the subsequent matches against Crystal Palace and Arsenal.

Portuguese right-back Dalot has missed the last three games, allowing Aaron Wan-Bissaka the opportunity to remind Ten Hag of his abilities.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11670579/Jadon-Sancho-not-return-Man-United-yet.html
Old 01-02-2023, 10:10 AM   #126
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Jadon Sancho is set to return to Man United's squad for the first time since OCTOBER in Carabao Cup semi-final second leg against Nottingham Forest after the England star took a break over concerns for his mental wellbeing

* Jadon Sancho last played for Manchester United in their 1-1 draw with Chelsea
* The England star was sent on an eight-week individual training programme
* Erik ten Hag had hinted at a possible return to the squad earlier in January

Jadon Sancho is set to make his return to the Manchester United matchday squad for the first time since October.

The Red Devils will take on Nottingham Forest in the second leg of their Carabao Cup semi-final clash on Tuesday night at Old Trafford, with the hosts already 3-0 in the tie.

Sancho had taken a break from first-team action and was put on an individual programme amid concerns over his mental wellbeing, but returned to team training at Carrington earlier in January.

Sancho is joined by team-mate Anthony Martial in returning to the matchday side, with the Frenchman having limped off at half-time in the Manchester derby earlier this month.

However, Erik ten Hag was handed a further blow, with Christian Eriksen joining Scott McTominay on the injured list following a hefty challenge from Andy Carroll in the FA Cup.

'I think tomorrow that Anthony Martial and Jadon Sancho will return in the game squad, but Scott McTominay will still be absent,' said Ten Hag in a pre-match press conference on Monday.

'I think also the next game [against Crystal Palace] he will be absent. We have to see how that process will go. And for the rest, I think everyone is fit.'

The 22-year-old last featured for United against Chelsea, in a 1-1 draw in October, and was deemed mentally and physically unfit to join the club for their mid-season break in Spain.

Jadon Sancho is set to return to the Manchester United matchday squad for the first time in three months. Erik ten Hag revealed that Sancho will return to the squad to face Nottingham Forest on Wednesday. The England star returned to team training earlier in January after his individual programme. Sancho has scored twice so far this season

He was also overlooked by Gareth Southgate in his final 26-man squad to travel to Qatar for last year's World Cup, and has not been capped since a September 2021 World Cup qualifier win over Andorra, despite being an integral part of the Three Lions Euro 2020 campaign.

Speaking earlier in January, Ten Hag said: 'He is training with the team and we will see. He's improving, he's making steps and we will make the decision after training.

'I said he's on the way back, he's making steps, he's back in team training and we have to see when he's ready to go back into game.’

And with the Carabao Cup tie all-but already decided - after goals from Marcus Rashford, Wout Weghorst and Bruno Fernandes - Wednesday's clash could be the perfect opportunity for his first game back.

The 22-year-old has already played ten Premier League matches for the Red Devils, as well as making four appearances in the Europa League and he will look to add to his tally of three goals and two assists on his return to the side at Old Trafford on Wednesday.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11696885/Jadon-Sancho-set-return-Man-Uniteds-matchday-squad-time-OCTOBER.html
syukurlah Sancho kembali disaat yg tepat, ditengah jadwal United yg padat. semoga Sancho bisa kembali ke performa terbaiknya seperti saat di Dortmund
Old 02-02-2023, 09:07 AM   #127
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'We see that smile and hopefully he can keep that and contribute to the team': Erik ten Hag delighted with 'great' reception from Manchester United fans for Jadon Sancho after his first match since October

* Erik ten Hag has hailed the return of Jadon Sancho to action after a long absence
* Manchester United 2-0 Nottingham Forest (agg 5-0): Martial and Fred net late on

Manchester United boss Erik ten Hag hailed the 'great' reception Jadon Sancho received from fans on his return to action - saying he hopes it will spur the winger on to keep contributing.

United will face Newcastle in the Carabao Cup showpiece on February 26 after they beat Nottingham Forest 2-0 in the semi-final second leg at Old Trafford to seal a 5-0 aggregate win.

Sancho, making his first United appearance since October after a lengthy absence, was 'not in the right status or fitness state' having done an individual fitness programme in Holland rather than travel to the squad's winter camp in Spain.

'Most important players (have to) enjoy football, which gives energy, that gives them the motivation to act and to perform,' the Dutchman said. 'I think it was great, the reception from the fans to him, and also that will give him even more a push to continue in the way he's now acting.

Manchester United boss Erik ten Hag was delighted with the return of Jadon Sancho. There were huge cheers from the home fans when Jadon Sancho came off the bench to play for the first time since October following his injury problems

'He's just started again, the restart he's back at Carrington for two weeks, we see that smile and hopefully he can keep that and contribute to the team.

'He already showed his quality this season for instance, the game against Liverpool, a great goal, scored against Leicester, he had some really good games, Spurs, he already showed his great capabilities.

'I hope when you are available all the time and play often together with the players we have now in the midfield and front line, our attacking play will improve and create more chances, then it's a process players enjoy more and better motivated to work together.'

The foundations were laid with a 3-0 triumph at the City Ground in last week's first leg and quickfire goals in the second half from Anthony Martial and Fred rubber-stamped their trip to the capital.

It is their first domestic final since 2018, when they lost the FA Cup, and puts them one win away from ending a six-year trophy drought, going back to the 2017 Europa League success under Jose Mourinho.

And Ten Hag knows it is not job done, saying: 'It's good to reach the final, but it's not about reaching the final, it's about winning it that's going to be tough, a great opponent.

'Now the focus is on the Premier League, in two days it will continue. It has to give the motivation in the first place, we want to bring that cup to the fans.

'But in this moment I'm not looking ahead, we're focusing on other things, a big week is coming up, we have Crystal Palace and then two games against Leeds and they are going to be great games, derby games that we are looking forward to.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11703673/Its-winning-Man-United-boss-Erik-ten-Hag-calls-players-finish-job-Wembley.html
Old 06-02-2023, 09:05 AM   #128
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Jadon Sancho posts emotional message thanking fans on his return to social media, as he admits he's 'so happy to be back out on the pitch'... after taking an extended break from football to focus on his mental health

* Jadon Sancho made his Man United comeback on Wednesday night
* It was his first appearance for the Red Devils in over three months
* It came after he took an extended break to focus on his mental health

Jadon Sancho expressed his gratitude to fans for their support in his first post on social media since the Manchester United forward took a break from football to focus on his mental health.

The 22-year-old made his first appearance for United since October when he came on as a second-half substitute against Nottingham Forest in the Carabao Cup on Wednesday.

He received a huge reception from the Old Trafford crowd as he was introduced to the action, and Sancho posted a short video of himself coming on alongside an emotional message to fans on Instagram on Friday night.

'Wow! Just want to say a massive thank you to everyone for the support I’ve received over the past few weeks especially to the fans.

'My focus is to give my all to my team and the club, I’m so happy to be back out on the pitch, see you soon,' he wrote.

Jadon Sancho thanked fans on Instagram after making his Man United comeback in midweek

The England international - who joined United from Borussia Dortmund for £73million in 2021 - has not had the easiest spell at United and has struggled to replicate the electric form he was producing in Germany.

In his first season at Old Trafford last year, he managed just four goals and three assists - paling in comparison to his last season at Dortmund where he notched 16 goals and 14 assists.

Sancho endured a difficult start to the current season under Erik ten Hag, and was taken out of the starting line-up shortly before the World Cup after a dip in form.

The winger was then sent to the Netherlands to work away from the United squad amid concerns over his physical and mental wellbeing, and he opted to take a break from social media following his World Cup snub.

He returned to Manchester in late December, but Ten Hag decided not to rush him back as he gave him an individual programme before deciding to re-integrate Sancho into first-team training.

Sancho was finally named in the matchday squad on Wednesday, and with the tie seemingly wrapped up, he was brought on just after the hour mark.

He had a huge smile on his face as he replaced Antony, and went on to have a positive impact on the game for United.

He played his part in the build-up to United's first goal as they secured a 2-0 win on the night to book their place in this month's final at Wembley.

The former Borussia Dortmund attacker could make his first league appearance for United in over three months when they host Crystal Palace on Saturday.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11712625/Man-Uniteds-Jadon-Sancho-posts-emotional-message-thanking-fans-return-social-media.html
Old 06-02-2023, 09:16 AM   #129
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Erik ten Hag's honesty pays off over Jadon Sancho's Manchester United absence… it's a relief that there remains room for some common sense and kindness in modern football

* Erik ten Hag deserves credit for his honesty over Jadon Sancho's absence
* The Manchester United boss gave space to Sancho to help the winger's return
* Sancho was warmly received during his return to the Manchester United squad

One of the best exchanges between a football manager and a journalist I can remember took place at a dinner in the Midlands back in 1999.

Introduced to the lady from the Sun newspaper, one experienced manager of a lower league club said: ‘Ah yes, your paper is full of lies.’ He was doubtless rather surprised when the journalist nodded.

‘Yes,’ she said. ‘You tell us lies and we print them.’

The look on that chap’s face as he accepted rapid defeat in a battle of wits he himself had initiated has always stayed with me, as has one important lesson learned that day: don’t be intimidated. Think on your feet. Stand your ground.

Not all relationships between reporters and football managers are like that, not even now when genuine friendships are harder to develop in the modern game.

Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag deserves praise for his honesty over Jadon Sancho. Ten Hag realised telling the truth over Sancho's absence in the winter would help the winger

Nevertheless, most managers will occasionally lie to you in this business. They will be vague. They will obfuscate. They will lead you round the houses hoping you get lost on the way back. And, yes, when it’s absolutely necessary, they will lie too.

Sir Alex Ferguson admitted it to me once. He used the media better than most, but as a last resort he said he would lie over two things in particular — player contracts and injuries. The truth on both would hand an advantage to Manchester United’s opponents, he said.

All of which brings me to the current United manager Erik ten Hag and a lie he chose not to tell about Jadon Sancho.

When Sancho didn’t join United’s training camp in Spain earlier this winter, Ten Hag could have invented a mystery injury or refused to say why the 22-year-old had been left in England. Neither would have sounded very satisfactory.

The first would have necessitated lie after lie as further questions were asked about Sancho’s recovery. The second, the vague option, would merely have set the hares running in all manner of directions.

So Ten Hag told the truth instead. He revealed Sancho had stepped away from first-team activity to focus on his physical and mental health. He didn’t elaborate. He didn’t come anywhere near breaching Sancho’s medical confidentiality.

But Ten Hag read the room well. He realised some honesty would help and that, in these marginally more enlightened times, would contribute to his player being given enough space to find a way back towards where everyone at Old Trafford really needed him to be.

And so to that same stadium on Wednesday evening. I actually found myself sitting with a friend in the South Stand for the game (disclaimer: United are not my team) as Sancho prepared to play his first football since mid-October as a second-half substitute and the reception he received from a full house was warm, enthusiastic and also sympathetic.

Sancho made his Manchester United return as a substitute in the Carabao Cup in midweek. Ten Hag's honesty contributed to the warm reception Sancho received from United's fanbase

Had Ten Hag not been so open about Sancho’s absence back before Christmas, had he chosen a fake narrative, then things could have been different.

The United support could have been suspicious or, even worse, ambivalent.

Instead they were warm and Sancho can now attempt to restart his career at the club with the backing of those in the stands and of a coach he knows he can trust to look after and support him.

I am told transparency comes naturally to Ten Hag.

It is possible he will tell some small fibs about other stuff when he feels he needs to going forward. Nobody really does vague quite like a Premier League manager.

But the Sancho business has reminded us that amid all the bluster, noise and fakery of modern football there remains room for some common sense and kindness and that feels like a relief.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11716163/IAN-LADYMAN-Erik-ten-Hags-honesty-pays-Jadon-Sanchos-Manchester-United-absence.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 11
Andi Istiabudi, bbobbyitta5057, dhodoadrian, h-ANG, irfi_1, richoeka, rio vander vidic, tumpal_oneunited, zudomiriku