United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > On Loan

Old 20-01-2019, 11:26 AM   #91
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Eric Bailly

BAILLY MAKES STARTLING REVELATION TO MUTV

Manchester United defender Eric Bailly makes a startling revelation in a new documentary entitled: ‘l’Elephant d’Afrique’, which is being shown on MUTV.

The rugged centre-back admits he did not play on a grass pitch until he was 15 years old due to the conditions in his home country, Ivory Coast, while civil war and unrest in the African nation also threatened to ruin his footballing dreams.

However, against the odds, the 24-year-old has become a United star after joining the club in 2016.

For the first time, his story is told in depth with exclusive access to Bailly’s home life, family and friends with the programme shot on location in Ivory Coast, Spain (where he played for Espanyol and Villarreal) and Manchester.

”Well, you know the situation in Ivory Coast,“ he explains in the documentary. “The pitches in our country are not great, but as we say, that's what we know and are used to. For me, that was normality, because I didn't see the difference.

“However, after having been in Europe, I realise now how hard it was for us back then and how hard it still is for those people still playing in Ivory Coast to express themselves on the pitches there.

”The first time I played on a grass pitch was actually on an artificial grass surface, a synthetic pitch. It was in Burkina Faso, and it was the first time I felt good and able to express myself on a good pitch. You can imagine that for me, playing for the first time on a synthetic pitch was a good thing, where I could express myself, given that, at the training centre I had come from, the pitch was sand, hard earth, red earth, all kinds of pitches. But there were lots of good experiences there all the same, and those are memories I will always keep in mind.”

Bailly admits the war in Ivory Coast had a profound effect on him and he only hopes such conflict can be avoided in the future.

“No-one would wish such moments as these onto one's country, or even onto the country of your worst enemy,” he says.

“It is something which changes everything, everything. War isn't just conflict between two people of three people, it affects the entire country, and it's the entire country that loses during this affair. There are so many innocent people, people didn't bring any of this war onto themselves, yet have paid a high price. So I hope that, by the grace of God, we shan't see another war like that again.”

The imposing stopper is hoping to repay the supporters for their affection and continue to be an inspiration for those back in Africa, who watch his progress from afar and have their own aspirations and ambitions.

“I want to be one of the most important players in the United team and to give the best of me, because the club has given me so much - it's hard to describe,” he adds. “My goal is, therefore, to bring a smile to the faces of the fans who watch and support us.

”For the future, my goal is to help those people who dream of being like us. If I can give an example, back home, in my home country, passing by, you might see a child of only four or five years old, who calls out to you by name.

“With the situation being as it is back there, the economic difficulties that exist there, really that's a great feeling. But at the same time, you might be thinking that you can do something for that person, and I say don't hesitate. That's someone who might be in a difficult time in their life just now and may have more such times in the future. So why not?”

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2019, 11:46 PM   #92
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

BAILLY: HOW I CAME TO SIGN FOR UNITED

Eric Bailly has described the moment he signed for Manchester United in 2016 as “one big happy time” for both him and his family.

Speaking in a special documentary entitled l’Elephant d’Afrique, which will air on MUTV for the first time this Thursday, the defender explained how his move from Spanish side Villarreal to United came about three years ago.

“I was with my mum in the lounge and I told her I was going to sign for United,” Eric said. “The family came and we talked and everyone was delighted. That day was one big happy time.

”Then I had to get on the flight to come and finalise all the arrangements in England. I had to undergo medical tests and sign here in Manchester.“

He went on: “When I was in the Ivory Coast training centre, we had a small staff, a different system from Europe but they taught us a lot and it was there I realised that with hard work I could make it.

“Why not become a professional player in Europe? I believed in myself and continued to grow, to pray and that’s how I became a professional player in Europe.”

Bailly, who has made 67 appearances for the Reds to date, quickly became a cult hero among United fans for his no-nonsense approach to defending.

‘I HAD NO DOUBTS ABOUT ERIC’

Hervé Renard, Eric’s former manager with Ivory Coast, explains in the documentary how he felt the centre-back would have a successful career, even before he gave him his international debut at the age of 20.

“In Africa, sometimes the name is more important than the talent but I don’t care,” said Renard, who managed another African nation, Morocco, at the 2018 World Cup.

“[In Eric] I saw someone very young with a lot of skill and very fast for a defender, which is what coaches like. I didn’t have any doubts about him.

“To be honest with you, after four or five days [of training], I knew already he was in the first XI.”

www.manutd.com
Old 23-01-2019, 09:58 PM   #93
Andi Istiabudi
manager

MU Tolak Tawaran Arsenal yang Ingin Pinjam Bailly
Putra Rusdi Kurniawan - detikSport

Manchester - Mancheter United menolak tawaran Arsenal untuk meminjam Eric Bailly. Setan Merah enggan melepas pemainnya ke klub rival.

Arsenal dikabarkan tertarik untuk mendatangkan Eric Bailly. The Gunners ingin meminjam pemain asal Pantai Gading ini dari MU hingga akhir musim dengan opsi permanen.

Namun, dilansir dari Manchester Evening News, Setan Merah menolak tawaran tersebut. Klub yang kini diasuh oleh Ole Gunnar Solskjaer tersebut enggan melepas pemainnya ke klub rival.

Kontrak Baily di Old Trafford bakal berakhir pada Juni 2020. Tapi MU masih memiliki opsi untuk memperpanjang kontrak pemain 24 tahun ini usai kontrak habis.

Setan Merah sepertinya belum akan memutuskan untuk mengaktifkan opsi perpanjangan kontrak Bailly. Mereka bakal menunggu hingga memiliki manajer permanen di musim depan.

Baily didatangkan oleh Jose Mourinho ke Old Trafford senilai 34,2 juta poundsterling (sekitar Rp 629 miliar) dari Villareal pada 2016. Sempat tampil menawan di awal kedatangannya, performa Bailly perlahan mulai menurun akibat cedera.

Kini ketika Setan Merah ditangani oleh Solskjaer, Baily bukanlah pilihan utama di jantung pertahanan. ia kalah bersaing dengan Victor Lindelof dan Phil Jones. Musim ini Bailly hanya tampil di delapan laga MU di Liga Inggris.
Old 09-02-2019, 05:00 AM   #94
Andi Istiabudi
manager

BAILLY: PLAYING HOME OR AWAY DOESN'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE

Playing away from home can often be seen as a daunting task for some teams but, for Eric Bailly, it doesn't matter where he and his Manchester United team-mates perform as they currently fear no-one.

Since the Reds began our unbeaten run in December, we have recorded five victories on the road in all competitions. Most of these wins for Solskjaer's side have come at grounds renowned for being potentially difficult, including Wembley, the Emirates Stadium and the King Power Stadium.

However when he spoke ahead of this weekend's visit to Craven Cottage, the Ivorian believes the current air of positivity flowing around the Aon Training Complex will mean that any away-day nerves will not creep in.

“It’s something that comes directly from the manager’s message,” Eric said. “Which is to be positive in everything we do, considering the quality of player that we have. I believe that it’s just the same whether we are playing at home or away, so I reckon that being away from home is really just like we are at home.

”With that mentality we have, I hope it can continue like this until the end of the season.“

Craven Cottage was a happy hunting ground during Fulham's previous spell in the top flight. In fact, United have only lost twice in the previous 11 league visits to the ground on the banks of the River Thames.

The last time the Whites hosted the Reds was six years ago. Goals from Antonio Valencia, Robin van Persie and Wayne Rooney ensured a comfortable 3-1 victory. Back then, the hosts were in a fight for Premier League survival, and that looks set to be the case again this season.

One player, in particular, who Bailly has praise for is his fellow centre-back, Victor Lindelof. The Swede has been a regular starter in the heart of United's defence this season and even got his first goal for the club in the 2-2 draw against Burnley at Old Trafford.

“Lindelof is a top player,” Eric said. “At first, it was a bit difficult for him but now he has gained in confidence and he is showing everyone just what a quality player he is.

”I’m really happy for him and the way he remained patient up to now. So he really deserves the season he is having currently and I hope he can continue his form to keep the team moving in the right direction, as that is important for us and the whole squad,“ he added.

Bailly made his first league start of 2019 last week against Leicester City - his seventh of the campaign thus far. The Ivorian hopes that he can continue to get minutes on the pitch by impressing the coaching staff in training.

“For me, it’s always important to feature and play regularly and, with that, gain in confidence because that is always key for a player,” the defender said. “I hope I can fully regain that confidence and put myself in a position to do a job for the team. That’s my wish and I hope that, by working hard and listening to the coaching staff, I’m sure I’ll be back to my confident best and featuring in the team.”

www.manutd.com
Old 12-04-2019, 11:23 PM   #95
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Old 30-04-2019, 11:50 PM   #96
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Hmmm besar kemungkinan Bailly juga tidak diikutsertakan dalan tur Australia dan Asia United nih jika masih cedera, agar bisa fokus pemulihannya. Get well soon, Eric....

BAILLY VOWS TO COME BACK STRONGER

Eric Bailly has expressed his intention and determination to return from his latest injury setback as a stronger player.

The Manchester United defender was back in the starting XI for Sunday’s 1-1 draw against Chelsea, making his second Premier League start of 2019 after recovering from another injury problem.

But the Ivory Coast international’s 50th league appearance for the Reds was, unfortunately, cut short after he sustained a knee problem, and was replaced by Marcos Rojo in the 71st minute at Old Trafford.

We confirmed yesterday (Monday) that our no.3 suffered a medial ligament injury in his right knee against the Blues, which rules him out of the Reds’ final two league games against Huddersfield Town and Cardiff City, as well as the upcoming Africa Cup of Nations tournament with his country.

Writing in an Instagram post, Eric thanked fans for their well wishes and vowed to come back stronger in the 2019/20 campaign.

“I would like to thank everyone for the messages of love and support I have received,” Eric said. “It’s tough but one must accept that some injuries are unavoidable.

“It’s true that this season hasn’t smiled down upon me very much, but I will return soon and with more strength next season. God willing.”

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer could provide a further update on Bailly’s situation and who could replace him against Huddersfield in his pre-match press conference on Friday.

www.manutd.com
Old 30-07-2019, 09:50 AM   #97
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Eric Bailly fears his Man United career will be OVER if Ole Gunnar Solskjaer snaps up £80m Harry Maguire... who will become the SEVENTH central defender at Old Trafford

* Eric Bailly is reportedly fretting over his Manchester United future this summer
* United are pushing to sign England international Harry Maguire from Leicester
* Should the 26-year-old arrive United would have seven central defenders
* The likes of Chris Smalling, Phil Jones and Marcos Rojo have long-term deals

Eric Bailly is reportedly fretting over his Manchester United future, with the club pushing to sign England international Harry Maguire from Leicester.

The Red Devils have been strongly linked with Maguire, who is valued in the region of £80million by his club.

Should the 26-year-old arrive United would have a surplus of central defenders - seven in total - and Bailly feels he will be the one who is moved on, according to the Evening Standard.

While Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is hoping for a larger squad next season to deal with the demands of domestic and European football, it is reported that at least one of United's centre backs will be sold.

The Ivorian was former manager Jose Mourinho’s first signing in a £30m deal from Villarreal in 2016 and he impressed during his debut campaign at Old Trafford.

Unlike some of his defensive team-mates though, Bailly only has one year to run on his contract and United are yet to begin talks regarding an extension.

Eric Bailly is fretting over his Manchester United future this summer. The club want £80million Harry Maguire, but it would leave them with seven central defenders. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is thought to be ready to pair Victor Lindlelof (left) with Maguire

Victor Lindelof is in line to partner Maguire should he arrive, while Chris Smalling’s future is safe following the signing of a new deal.

After previously showing his willingness to select youth stars, Solskjaer recently described Axel Tuanzebe as ‘the future’ of the club following United’s 1-0 win against Inter Milan.

The 21-year-old is expected to be given opportunities next season, adding to Bailly's concerns that he will be surplus to requirement.

Phil Jones was handed a bumper new four-year deal earlier in the year, while Marcos Rojo signed a three-year extension in 2018.

United were understood to be willing to sell the Argentine, after handing him the deal to prevent a free exit, but their valuation in the region of £20m has become a deterrent.

Solskjaer and his team will put transfer worries to one side on Thursday when they return to pre-season action against Premier League rivals Tottenham in Shanghai.

The two sides will go head to head inside the Hongkou Football Stadium in the International Champions Cup.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7284565/Transfer-News-Eric-Bailly-fears-axed-United-sign-80m-Maguire.html
Old 19-08-2019, 09:25 AM   #98
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Manchester United 'ready to begin contract talks with Eric Bailly in bid to stop £120,000-a-week defender leaving on a free transfer in summer'… despite him being injured until January

* Man United are planning to offer defender Eric Bailly a contract extension
* The Ivorian's current £120,000-a-week deal expires next summer
* He is out until January after suffering his second consecutive serious injury

Manchester United are reportedly planning to offer Eric Bailly a new contract despite the defender's repeated injury problems.

The Ivorian's current deal expires next summer and United do not want to allow him to leave on a free transfer.

And The Mirror claim club representatives are ready to sit down with the player in the coming days and begin talks over an extension, despite the fact he is out until January after picking up his second serious injury in the space of a year.

Manchester United are reportedly planning to offer Eric Bailly a new contract. The defender is out until January after suffered a medial knee ligament injury in pre-season

An Old Trafford source said: 'The club want Eric to stay and are looking for talks about an extension.

'We don't want to lose him on a free transfer next summer. It's just down to both parties agreeing to everything.

'His injury record isn't a major concern for us. We just think he has been unlucky with everyone over the last few years.

'Ole is a fan of the player and we're going to convince him to stay, at least that is the plan at present.'

Bailly suffered a medial knee ligament injury in a pre-season warm-up match just months after returning from an ankle injury which ruled him out for four months.

United still think he can provide valuable back up for new defensive pairing Harry Maguire and Victor Lindelof.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7369949/Man-United-ready-begin-contract-talks-Eric-Bailly-bid-stop-leaving-free.html
Old 20-11-2019, 08:49 AM   #99
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United 'ready to extend Eric Bailly's deal at Old Trafford' with current contract set to expire in June

* Defender's current contract at the Red Devils is set to expire in June next year
* Eric Bailly's Manchester United career has been hindered by injuries so far
* He is currently on sidelines with knee injury but United are keen for him to stay

Manchester United are reportedly ready to extend Eric Bailly's deal at Old Trafford.

The defender's current contract at the Red Devils is set to expire in June next year after he joined the club three years ago.

Bailly's United career has been hindered by injuries and he is on the sidelines at the moment with a knee injury.

Manchester United are reportedly ready to extend Eric Bailly's deal at Old Trafford. Bailly's United career has been hindered by injuries and he is on the sidelines with a knee injury

However United are keen for the centre half to remain at the club and are expected to initiate the contract extension in the near future, according to The Sun.

'We don't want players running down their deals. Eric might see his future differently at the end of the day,' a source at United told The Sun.

'For the next year, at least, we will box him off and see how his playing time fares over the rest of this season.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7702709/Manchester-United-ready-extend-Eric-Baillys-deal-Old-Trafford.html
Old 30-01-2020, 01:49 AM   #100
Andi Istiabudi
manager

BAILLY THANKFUL FOR UNITED'S SHOW OF FAITH

Eric Bailly is determined to repay Manchester United's faith in his abilities after extending his contract at the club.

The 25-year-old has returned from a knee operation and was an unused substitute for the games against Liverpool, Burnley and Tranmere Rovers.

Eric also had a run-out in the Under-23s against Newcastle United recently and is looking forward to showing his best form again.

“Through all the tough times I've had, the club has always shown a lot of faith in me,” he told MUTV. “And, as part of that show of confidence, they have given me this contract extension.

“So I need to be thankful for the confidence that they have shown in me, thankful and ready to give my best when I return to the team, to show them that I am completely behind the team, and, hopefully, to go on to lift some silverware in the future.

“There are still a lot of matches to be played. We're still in all the different cups - the FA Cup, League Cup and the Europa League, as well as continuing to work in the Premier League. We're going to keep on it in training and stay united as a team, right through to the end of the season.”

Bailly feels he is fit to play, although he was not risked on Tranmere's difficult pitch at the weekend, and he could be involved in the Manchester derby tonight, in the Carabao Cup semi-final second leg.

“I've always remained motivated, equally at my best, as well as in my worst moments of injury,” he added. “I had some difficult times last year but, once those times have passed, they are the past, and it's time to make the most of these opportunities now presenting themselves.

“I'm fit and well, I'm back training with the team, building confidence for my return. This is going to be a very important year.

“Given those conditions [at Tranmere], it wouldn't have been the right pitch for a player returning from a long-term injury to start his returning match on such a surface.

“But I was happy to be with the team, to see them win the game, and that's my focus, to prepare for the day when I'm back playing with them.”

The Ivory Coast international was unlucky not to score in his comeback game for the Under-23s, with an acrobatic overhead kick, and he hopes to follow fellow defenders Harry Maguire and Diogo Dalot's lead by finding the net in the first team again soon.

“Well, that was just one moment of the match, a detail,” he said. “But the most important thing was to finish the [Newcastle] match in full fitness, and that was my focus.

“Harry and Diogo's goals will also help by building up confidence among the defenders, as well as the whole team, but that will also be a big help to me in reaching my goal of returning.”

www.manutd.com

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 54
Aba_MaczUnited, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, and1, Andi Istiabudi, AndreasBelitung, arik_, Blacklist7, chincarito, Deddy Hernandez, demon.nasution, dhodoadrian, ecly_watchaa, edhowin, endhy_cantona, eyeofday, fredrian.seven, gery27, giggs26, goodmin, h-ANG, Haji Paidin, HenryRooney07, id4y, irulrozikin, ivanzferdinand, jifortin, Kurniawan Ani, LAM ILHAM, Lang25, nobitanta, penk22_, Regasiqbal, reza willya, RH20, rio vander vidic, Riskur, robby7beckham, rohibur rizqi, roodee_UID, SatriaRedArmy, sepatu_ancur, smile_boy, tumpal_oneunited, Wengge Schmeichel, wira_ozora, xkeiszglf34, Yayat Dg Kulle, zudomiriku