United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 16-09-2017, 10:06 PM   #11
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Angel Gomes

GOMES READY FOR PHYSICAL TEST IN EUROPE

Manchester United prospect Angel Gomes has admitted he is relishing the physical side of the game after an feisty encounter with FC Basel Under-19s in the UEFA Youth League.

United came out on top in the match at Leigh Sports Village, beating their Swiss opposition 4-3 thanks to goals from Aidan Barlow, Indy Boonen, Joshua Bohui and Gomes.

The game was full of tough tackles, and Gomes himself was on the end of one particularly over-zealous challenge from Daniele Vesco, while Yves Kaiser saw red late on for a second bookable offence.

United’s 17-year-old star was forced off after the tackle from Vesco, and was replaced by Nishan Burkart in the 92nd minute, but he later revealed the substitution was only a precautionary measure.

“Everything’s fine,” Gomes told MUTV. “I just had a dead leg, I’ll be able to shake that off and be back in training.

“[The physical side of the game] is something that I’ll have to get used to,” he added. “I think, when you’re a good team, and you’ve got good individuals, you know you’re going to get targeted. It’s just about keeping focused, not letting it affect you and making sure you play the same.

“It was a good test to play against a good European team like Basel, they kept coming at us, but we got the result we wanted in the end.”

Head of Academy Nicky Butt is taking charge of United’s Under-19s in the European campaign this term, and he also admitted that his young side would have to get used to the increasing physicality quickly.

“They’re going to come up against teams who are going to get stuck into them,” Butt told MUTV. “It’s to be expected, and I think the lads reacted really well to that and took their game to the next level with their passing.

“It’s always good to start with a win,” he continued. “It’s important in a competition like this that you win your games at home. Now, it’s onto the next game, and hopefully we can get a good result there [which will] help us get out of this group.”

Next up for Butt’s young Reds is a trip to Russia to face CSKA Moscow on 27 September, where they will look to get their second win of the campaign, over a side who were beaten 5-1 by Benfica in their opener.

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2017, 02:14 AM   #12
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

REDS ACE GOMES SET FOR UNDER-17 WORLD CUP

Manchester United's Academy staff will be keeping a close eye on Angel Gomes when he competes for England at the Under-17 World Cup in India next month.

The Reds' Under-18s captain has been selected in Steve Cooper's squad for the finals, with a warm-up friendly against New Zealand on 1 October preceding the group fixtures with Chile, Mexico and Iraq.

The 17-year-old has been in excellent form this term, after making his first-team bow against Crystal Palace on the last day of the 2016/17 Premier League season, and is continuing to develop his talents.

"I know he's looking forward to it," Academy coach Kieran McKenna told MUTV. "Unfortunately, he missed the European Championship at the end of last season with a little injury. But he's captain of the group and a big part of what is a talented England side.

"He's looking forward to it and all the boys here will obviously be wishing him the best and keeping an eye on how he does. We're hoping he makes a good impact on the tournament and will be ready to come back and kick on here again.

"I think he could be away for anything up to a month, with the preparation, as it's quite similar to the senior World Cup really," added McKenna. "The longer you go through the tournament, the longer it is with the difference being he probably doesn't have any rest when it finishes.

"It comes in-season rather than at the end of the season like the senior World Cup and it's important we look at how many matches he's played. Once he's had a short break, he'll be back in with us to make an impression at this club as that's the most important thing in his development and Angel knows that very well."

www.manutd.com
Old 07-10-2017, 12:15 AM   #13
Andi Istiabudi
manager

WHICH CHALLENGE WAS GOMES POSED?

Manchester United Academy coach Kieran McKenna has revealed Angel Gomes has been set a challenge as the talented youngster continues his development.

The Under-18s captain will be missing from domestic action as he is away representing England at the Under-17 World Cup in India this month but made an excellent start to the 2017/18 campaign.

After scoring in both UEFA Youth League fixtures, against Basel and CSKA Moscow, the playmaker has been in fine form. His effort in the win over Basel came from the penalty spot and he followed it up with two late spot-kicks to earn a dramatic 4-3 triumph over Arsenal in the Under-18 Premier League Cup.

It was a real test of nerve for the 17-year-old, who made his senior debut in last season's Premier League clash with Crystal Palace at Old Trafford. And McKenna feels handling such pressure is ideal for the Salford-raised prospect's education.

"It's something we've been speaking to him about, his penalty taking," McKenna told MUTV. "Because he missed a couple last season.

"We just encourage him to say: 'When you're the no.10 and a creative player in the team, the onus is always going to be on you to take penalties'. We encourage him to thrive on that and want him to step up.

"We want him to take the pressure and, thankfully he did so in the UEFA Youth League game earlier that week and then, at the weekend, twice against Arsenal. So he is able to deal with and enjoy that pressure."

Of course, if England go far at the Under-17 World Cup, there is a chance Gomes could be taking a penalty, possibly even in a crucial shoot-out, so hopefully the recent practise will serve him well.

www.manutd.com
Old 14-12-2017, 06:00 AM   #14
penk22_
Divisi IT
penk@unitedindonesia.org

Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute
Visit penk22_'s Facebook Visit penk22_'s Twitter

GOMES SIGNS PROFESSIONAL CONTRACT

Manchester United is delighted to announce that Angel Gomes has signed his first professional contract with the club.

Gomes, 17, is a product of the club’s Academy system and has been at the club since the age of six. The London-born player has represented Manchester United at various youth levels and made his first-team debut at Old Trafford against Crystal Palace on the last day of the 2016/17 Premier League campaign. Internationally, Angel was part of the England Under-17s' World Cup-winning side.

Angel Gomes said: “Manchester United has always been a big part of my life. I have been with the club since the age of six and it was a proud moment for me when I made my first team debut.

“This club is renowned for giving home grown players opportunities to progress into the first team and that was a major factor in me signing my first professional contract at this great club. I am still young but am looking forward to continuing my development with the help of the coaching staff and I will take every opportunity that comes my way.”

Nicky Butt said: “Angel has gone from strength to strength in his development and we are all pleased that he has signed his professional contract with Manchester United. He is still very young and has a good aptitude for learning; coupled with his natural talent, we can see that Angel has a very bright future.”

Jose Mourinho said: “I am delighted that Angel has signed his first professional contract with the club. I gave him his first-team debut at the end of last season which made him not only the youngest Manchester United player to play in the Premier League era but also the youngest player to represent Manchester United since Duncan Edwards in 1953.”

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Club-News/2017/Dec/angel-gomes-signs-first-professional-contract-with-manchester-united.aspx
Old 14-12-2017, 06:06 AM   #15
penk22_
Divisi IT
penk@unitedindonesia.org

Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute
Visit penk22_'s Facebook Visit penk22_'s Twitter

ANGEL GOMES DELIGHTED WITH NEW DEAL

Angel Gomes says it feels “amazing” to have signed his first professional contract with Manchester United and hopes it will lead to more first-team opportunities in the future.

The 17-year-old starlet, who was part of the England Under-17s World Cup winning team recently, has been at the club since the age of six and made his first-team debut against Crystal Palace in the Reds' final Premier League game last season.

After putting pen to paper on the deal, Gomes spoke exclusively to MUTV to give his reaction and here's what he had to say…

How does it feel to sign your contact?
“It’s amazing and something I’ve been working for my whole life and all the time I’ve been at the club since the age of six. To finally get the deal signed is great for me and my family.”

Is it a big factor that you’re a United fan?
“[Smiles] Yeah that helps obviously! In Salford where I grew up everyone was a big United fan and that had an impact on me and I’m a big fan too. It’s just great to be at a club like Man United.”

How much confidence do you get working with such great coaches at United?
“I’ve worked with a lot of great coaches coming up [through the ranks] so far. I’ve had a chance to work with Nicky [Butt] and working with coaches like him helps you a lot because as you’re growing up you’re feeding off what they used to do and the trophies they won. It’s been a great journey so far.”

What are your hopes for this season and beyond?
“My hope for this season is to try to get as much football as I can. Whether it’s with the 18s, the 23s and hopefully the first team – I want to pushing on and showing the manager what I can do. I got the chance to do that last season in the last [league] game of the season and the feeling was amazing. I hope I can have many more feelings like that.”

What’s your biggest highlight so far – is it making your first-team debut?
“Yeah, that’s the biggest highlight of my career so far. Being a fan, going to the games and watching the players on the pitch to then actually being on there is a lot different and it’s a crazy feeling, but a good feeling and I’d like to have many more.

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2017/Dec/Video-Angel-Gomes-speaks-exclusively-to-MUTV-after-signing-first-professional-contract.aspx
Old 14-12-2017, 10:42 AM   #16
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Manchester United youngster Angel Gomes signs first professional contract with the club: 'I will take every opportunity that comes my way'

* Angel Gomes has signed his first professional contract with Manchester United
* Gomes came through the club's youth ranks and has played at every age level
* He made his senior debut for United in the final game of last season
* Gomes replaced Wayne Rooney to become youngest United player since 1953

Manchester United starlet Angel Gomes has signed his first professional contract with the club and promised to 'take every opportunity that comes my way'.

The 17-year-old is a product of the club's Academy system and has represented Manchester United at every level.

Gomes made his senior debut for United in the final game of last season against Crystal Palace but would have been able to leave for a nominal fee at the end of this campaign.

Angel Gomes has signed his first professional contract with Manchester United

He became the youngest player to play for United since Duncan Edwards in 1953 when he replaced Wayne Rooney as a substitute against Palace in May.

'Manchester United has always been a big part of my life,' Gomes said.

'I have been with the club since the age of six and it was a proud moment for me when I made my first team debut.

'This club is renowned for giving home grown players opportunities to progress into the first team and that was a major factor in me signing my first professional contract at this great club. I am still young but am looking forward to continuing my development with the help of the coaching staff and I will take every opportunity that comes my way.'

Gomes was also part of the England Under 17s squad that clinched the World Cup title this summer and Manchester United's head of academy, Nicky Butt, believes he has a lot to offer in the future.

'Angel has gone from strength to strength in his development and we are all pleased that he has signed his professional contract with Manchester United,' Butt added.

'He is still very young and has a good aptitude for learning; coupled with his natural talent, we can see that Angel has a very bright future.'

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5176371/Angel-Gomes-signs-professional-contract-Man-United.html
Old 14-12-2017, 10:58 PM   #17
Andi Istiabudi
manager

WHAT ARE THE NEXT STEPS FOR ANGEL GOMES?

Manchester United's Head of Academy Nicky Butt has outlined the next steps planned for Angel Gomes, after the youngster signed his first professional contract.

Gomes, 17, who was naturally delighted to sign for the club, became the youngest-ever recipient of the Jimmy Murphy Youth Team Player of the Year award last season and, three days later, he became the youngest player since Duncan Edwards to appear for United's first team, when he came off the bench late in the final-day win over Crystal Palace.

The appearance also ensured Gomes was the first player born this Millennium to appear in the Premier League and there is genuine excitement to track his continued progress as Butt explains.

“First and foremost, he’s one of our boys and one we’ve had for a while and a very talented young man,” Butt told MUTV.

“We’ve got quite a few talented boys in the set up at the minute who we’re very excited about and Angel is one of them. To get him tied up to a long-term contract is really good for our club and it just shows the direction we’re moving in within the Academy.”

Gomes, who has been with the club since the age of six, is now set to step up to the Reserves to embrace the next challenge in his career. He has still yet to make an appearance at that level, despite his brief senior outing.

“He has big a future, but he still has a long way to go,” continued Butt. “It’s not a case of signing the contract and going straight into the first team. To be honest, 90 per cent of the reason he made his debut were the circumstances regarding the following game [the Europa League final against Ajax], but it was a big pat on the back for what he’d done so far.

“He’s a bright lad and he knows he has got a long way to go to stamp his authority in the first team. He needs to get in the Reserves, settle in there, become a dominant player at Reserve-team level and step up.

“We try to push them as fast as we can now and stretch all the young lads. The youth team can become maybe a little too easy, so you push them on to the Reserves and see how it affects them in the transition period. We have the Under-19s in between and he can always drop down into the youth team when big games come along that are challenging for the club and for him."

The big hope for everyone at the club is to see Angel thrive in the United first team and Butt believes it will be down to the player himself to make that dream a reality.

“It’s easy to map out pathways but, ultimately, they make their own pathway," he explained. "They can always do well, go into different teams and blow it up straight away in the first five or six games and go on to the next one.

“Some people go straight in the first team like Marcus [Rashford] and some people have three or four years in the Reserves like Tom Cleverley.

“Some mature quicker than others – some are men at 16 and some at 23, so it’s difficult to map an outline of a pathway as it’s up to the boy and how he does on the stepping stones along the way.”

www.manutd.com
Old 14-12-2017, 11:00 PM   #18
Andi Istiabudi
manager

OPINION: BOY WONDER GOMES CAN PUSH ON
Report by Adam Marshall

At Manchester United, the aim is never to over-hype youngsters as we all know the pitfalls of describing teen talents as the 'next big thing'.

Nothing is assured and can be taken for granted but, when clapping eyes on Adilson Angel Abreu de Almeida Gomes in the Manchester United Premier Cup in 2015, it was clear he was something special.

After an early-hours shift helping to cover the first team's Tour match with San Jose Earthquakes, I made the short trip to the University of Manchester Campus on the way home to take in some of the tournament, a commitment I had made since joining the club.

I knew Gomes had made an appearance a year earlier in the Under-15 event, as a 13-year-old, but I remember him seeming tiny at the time. By 2015, he was captain of the team and pulling the strings, sparkling in the Manchester drizzle.

Although well versed in the forward's potential, he was a joy to behold in the flesh and pinged sweeping passes out to the flanks when I would not have been able to kick it that far when his size. I recall he scored a cheeky penalty, demonstrating his composure, and displayed a confidence and comfort in possession that marked him out as a unique talent.

Driving away, I was struck how his style reminded me of somebody and finally decided it was Ronaldinho so it has been interesting to hear the Brazilian is one of his idols. Any comparisons with the World Cup winner would have been outlandish at that stage, of course, and still are now - even though Gomes has become the youngest player in Premier League history.

It was reassuring to hear later in the week that he was voted the tournament's Most Valuable Player, despite United only finishing in 12th place overall. Clearly, and predictably, I was not alone in spotting his obvious potential even if it was far too early to start adding to any unwelcome hype and expectation.

Yet there was one aspect to his game that I also admired which has, to my knowledge, still to be mentioned despite his first-team bow. There were times during one Premier Cup game when he was making a real effort to encourage an even younger colleague, Mason Greenwood, who was tasked with a difficult job of playing in attack. Unfairly, I had possibly expected Gomes to be constantly demanding possession and concentrating on his own efforts considering his individuality and status but he appeared supportive and a real team player.

Perhaps that is why he has captained England's youth sides so often. If my memory serves me right, Aidan Barlow also scored on that day and he is another prospect making strides, scoring in the FA Youth Cup tie at Derby County in midweek. However, Gomes has been elevated quickly in status following that decision by Jose Mourinho to bring him on against Crystal Palace last season and the welcome news that he has signed his first professional contract with the club.

Having interviewed Angel, I was struck by how level-headed and humble he appeared, displaying the sort of personality that had been evident two years previously in the junior tournament.

"I want to continue developing, obviously mentally and physically, and on and off the pitch," he told me at the time. "As well as learning and getting advice from others and just keeping on going.

"It's obviously an honour to be playing for the biggest club in the world. Not long ago, Marcus Rashford was in the Under-18s and, out of nowhere, he's in the first team and is a regular player now. At this moment in time, I'm at the best place as I want to play in the first team and I know the club gives a lot of opportunities to young players."

The spotlight will burn even brighter on Angel now his name is already known when it comes to the wider footballing public. It is important not to forget he is yet to make any appearance for the Reserves - which is remarkable considering he already has a senior game under his belt - and that is the next step for him. Although he will not be able to strut his stuff in the FA Youth Cup, following the penalty shoot-out exit at Pride Park, he should be a driving force in the UEFA Youth League.

It is also relevant to explain how, if he had been born a day later, he would have been available for Kieran McKenna's Under-18 side in 2018/19 as well. That, in itself, should go a long way to emphasising just how young he is, so there should be no rushing this precocious talent - as I suspect will be the prevailing attitude at the club.

Nonetheless, his continued progress should be fascinating to watch throughout 2018 once we hit the New Year. One thing that is for certain is he is in the right place to develop and fulfil his enormous potential.

The opinions in this story are personal to the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United Football Club.

www.manutd.com
Old 28-12-2017, 04:44 PM   #19
Andi Istiabudi
manager

MCTOMINAY: MY ADVICE FOR ANGEL GOMES

Scott McTominay has offered his advice for Angel Gomes as the talented teen looks to follow in the midfielder's footsteps by becoming an established member of the first-team squad.

Gomes, who has been at Manchester United since the age of six, signed his first professional contract with the club earlier this month – something he described as “amazing” – while Head of Academy Nicky Butt believes the 17-year-old starlet has “a very bright future” ahead of him.

McTominay was delighted to hear the exciting attacking midfielder has put pen to paper. Reacting to the news in a recent interview with MUTV, he recalled: “I remember when Angel was 13 years old, and even nine or 10 years old, and he had unbelievable potential.

“It’s really nice to see that he’s signed his professional contract. I just want to say congratulations to Angel and all of his family because he does deserve that. He’s one of the most hard-working lads that you can meet so I’m really pleased for him and, hopefully, he can kick on now and come to the first team and keep going the way he’s going.”

Gomes has represented the club at every level, with the exception of the Reserves, and felt honoured to make his first-team debut as a 16-year-old in United's final Premier League game of last season against Crystal Palace at Old Trafford – becoming the club’s youngest player since Duncan Edwards in 1953.

McTominay - who, like Gomes, has been with United from a young age and made his senior debut at last season – knows what it’s like to progress through the ranks. He feels that Under-18s coach Kieran McKenna can continue to aid his development as he strives towards getting more chances to impress.

“Ultimately, it’s about working hard and listening to his coaches," Scott told us. "He’s got a really good coach in Kieran, who pays really good attention to detail and that’s one of the most important things at that age when you’re learning – you can become such a better player, so that’s one of the main things for him.

“He just needs to be himself and, every game that he plays in, if he comes up with the Under-23s, to try to dominate those games. Hopefully, he can do that and kick on and become a really top class player.”

Gomes is not only a star for his club but for country too, after helping England’s Under-17s to a historic World Cup triumph earlier this year – an achievement which McTominay feels can only help him.

“He’s had a taste of success in the World Cup and obviously that’s the most prestigious award to win in the Under-17 age group," the midfielder added. "He was captain, so he’s very highly thought of both here at Manchester United and with England, and I really hope that Angel can continue that.”

www.manutd.com
Old 27-01-2018, 07:09 AM   #20
Andi Istiabudi
manager

JOSE MOURINHO JOKES ABOUT "GREEDY" GOMES

Jose Mourinho joked about Angel Gomes's chance but was full of praise for the 17-year-old after his late cameo in the Emirates FA Cup fourth-round win over Yeovil Town.

The exciting Manchester United prodigy came off the bench to make his second senior appearance and was instantly involved, jinking his way into the box only to fire against the side-netting. Gomes showed his frustration at missing out on a maiden goal but Jesse Lingard and Romelu Lukakyu went on to complete a 4-0 rout, with the youngster involved in the build-up to the Belgian's goal.

When asked by MUTV about the reigning Jimmy Murphy Young Player of the Year, Jose could not help but raise a smile.

"Greedy Gomes!" he replied. "He wanted to score the goal! But it's normal. It's nice and good for him. So, so young. Last year, he had his debut and he's been training with us now and again. He had this feeling of being in the first team and immediately had confidence and quality. I'm happy for the kid."

Michael Carrick also spoke to the official club TV channel about the teenager, who was born at a time when the Reds skipper was already in West Ham United's first team.

"I was willing him to score," said Carrick. "He has done great and that is what he is all about, he stands people up and goes past them. He will probably be a little frustrated that he hit the side-netting but I think he has done fantastically.

"It's great to see the lads coming through and gettin

www.manutd.com

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 16
Andi Istiabudi, fredrian.seven, Gustiono, h-ANG, NdeGue, penk22_, rio vander vidic, Riskur, ronald hars, SR 7, steve.crowford, tumpal_oneunited, wira_ozora, xkeiszglf34, zudomiriku