United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Lounge

Old 20-07-2022, 09:36 AM   #1
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default United striker under Erik ten Hag

Out with the old and in with the new (sort of!): Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial and Jadon Sancho look totally transformed in Ten Hag's free-flowing attack... Man United look a different beast to the final days of Solskjaer

* Early indications from pre-season are positive for Man United boss Erik ten Hag
* So far he has a tune out of Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford and Jadon Sancho
* Martial and Rashford in particular struggled badly prior to Ten Hag's arrival
* His free-flowing attack suits the trio and it is stark contrast to previous regimes

Erik ten Hag's arrival as Manchester United manager came with the caveats of a project, a job that will take several years to fix. Yet the early signs - including the friendly win against Crystal Palace in Melbourne - are good, not least in attack.

Standards. Those have been plain for all to see from the first day he walked into Carrington and shook the hand of every staff member he encountered - whether that was the employee in the club shop or some of his star players.

Ten Hag's standards are notoriously high and Jadon Sancho learned quickly during the Thailand leg of this pre-season tour when the Dutchman took him to task over failing to pass to an overlapping full-back in a training drill.

'I look to the player and I have a certain demand,' Ten Hag explained later.

'And I will tell them, if they have capabilities, but you have to invest. It is not just in terms of Jadon, it is for every player.

'I will tell every player what I expect of them. I have high standards because you are here, you are playing for Manchester United, then you must bring every day on the pitch. That is an expectation I have.'

Anthony Martial (left) and Marcus Rashford (right) look transformed under boss Erik ten Hag. Jadon Sancho is thriving under the Dutchman, who is putting the focus on wide players. Ten Hag is a stickler for discipline and that is helping to weed out some old habits in this group

Discipline on and off the pitch is of vital importance for Ten Hag and that is already translating in the early phases of play.

Anthony Martial, who appeared to be surplus to requirements in the final days of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and under Ralf Rangnick, looks completely reborn with newfound focus, Sancho is beginning to find the form that he dazzled with at Borussia Dortmund and Marcus Rashford is smiling again.

Sancho may only have one season at United under his belt since that move from Dortmund but the trio are a fascinating example of how Ten Hag has taken the old, spruced it up, and transformed them back to new.

Yes, it's only pre-season. Yes, their opponents have put out teams that won't likely, in those carnations, see minutes in the Premier League, but the early signs are undeniably good.

Martial - who scored United's opener at the MCG - is a perfect case in point.

Rashford looks confident again wide on the left and he came inside to score in Melbourne. Rashford knows a strong start this season can get him back in contention with England

The Frenchman mustered just one league goal for United last season - at home against Everton - before he was shipped out on loan to Sevilla where he was entirely forgettable.

In the eyes of many supporters, Martial was done for at Old Trafford. Forget his contract running to 2024, the expectation was that Ten Hag would want no part of a player that left previous managers, including Louis van Gaal and Jose Mourinho, exasperated.

And yet the Frenchman has been the jewel in this tour for Ten Hag.

'I'm sure he can come back even better,' Ten Hag said recently of Martial, which is typical of a man who is rarely going to be satisfied.

'I think when he has the right focus and the right motivation and he works hard he will have production because he is a good player.

'I say when he has the right focus and every day delivers much then he will have production and it's up to him.'

It's up to him. Challenge. Gauntlet laid down. And so far Martial has been up for the challenge, scoring in all three games of the tour.

Last season he looked a shell of the player his skill can allow him to be in this United team

With no Cristiano Ronaldo on the tour there was an understandable sense that Martial was, if anything, keeping the centre forward seat warm.

And yet the 26-year-old is beginning to make a case for starting minutes when the season gets underway against Brighton.

His link-up play with Rashford and Sancho in particular against Crystal Palace in Melbourne was sublime. The beauty with an attack consisting of those three players is that Ten Hag's high-intensity style means the pace is always high and few can keep up with the speedy United attack.

It is the link-up play they are providing each other that appears in stark contrast to what was seen under Rangnick, and before then in the case of Martial and Rashford.

Take goals two and three against Palace - Martial was at the heart of both.

A brilliant take on his chest from Victor Lindelof's long ball started the move for Donny van de Beek to tee up Rashford. Martial then slid a perfectly weighted pass through for Sancho to go get in on the act.

Martial is far and away the story of United's pre-season tour but Rashford's bounceback has him looking like a whole new player.

Rashford managed just five goals last season as his form and confidence completely collapsed. He lost his place with England and many have begun to count him out of Gareth Southgate's plans for Qatar.

Martial too looked to have faded into insignificance in recent years with Man United. The Frenchman has thrived between Rashford and Sancho and Ten Hag is winning the plaudits

But back with a smile on his face and a spring in his step, Rashford is ready for an upturn in the upcoming season and that is down to Ten Hag.

'It's a fresh start, something I'm looking forward to,' Rashford said prior to facing Melbourne Victory .

'The first two-and-a-half weeks of training has been good. We've improved a lot and we're a lot fitter than last season.

'We have a lot of room for improvement. I'm in a good place right now. I'm looking forward to getting more games under my belt and getting ready for the season.'

Speaking at the start of July about Ten Hag specifically, he added: 'It's fresh ideas, fresh tactics and a new personality that has been added to the team.

'I'm looking forward to working with him but also for to give ourselves time as well to fit into what he wants us and to really feel natural doing it.'

Sancho may be the most decisive player in Ten Hag's system and the early signs are promising

And then there is Sancho, the final piece to this three-pronged pace machine Tern Hag has unleashed on this tour.

Look at United's stats: Three games. Three wins. Eleven goals scored. Just two goals conceded.

Sancho has been an integral piece in each of those wins and Ten Hag is providing him a platform that Rangnick was unable to last season.

First thing that is obvious is that Sancho looks confident - and he's playing like it, too.

Largely deployed out on the right - Sancho performed best last season out on the left - the former Dortmund winger is using his devastating pace to full effect and also has the quality final delivery that United missed on so many occasions last season.

Like Rashford he too is out of the England fold right now but is putting together a case if this pre-season form translates into the season.

Ten Hag's system is heavily reliant on the wide players, giving them the platform to be the decisive pieces and Sancho can thrive on centre stage.

Three players who look totally transformed. It's early days and it's only pre-season but new-look United look a different beast.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11028631/Manchester-United-stars-look-transformed-Erik-ten-Hag-already.html
jika Ronaldo benaran cabut, mereka bertiga ini yg nantinya akan menjadi tumpuan lini depan United. semoga makin padu dan banyak mencetak gol
Old 02-12-2022, 08:54 AM   #2
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: United striker under Erik ten Hag

'I hope we can do something': Paul Scholes urges Manchester United to sign Cody Gakpo or Chelsea target Christopher Nkunku to fill the void left by the departure of Cristiano Ronaldo

* Paul Scholes has urged Manchester United to bring in a new striker
* Scholes feels Cody Gakpo or Christopher Nkunku are best options to consider
* United are short of attacking options following departure of Cristiano Ronaldo

Paul Scholes believes that Manchester United should look to sign Cody Gakpo or Christopher Nkunku to replace Cristiano Ronaldo.

Ronaldo's acrimonious departure could lead to United looking to bring in a replacement either in January or next summer.

United legend Scholes feels that a new centre-forward is a priority as Marcus Rashford is most effective playing out wide.

Speaking on MUTV's The Debate, Scholes said: 'I think there's a couple of forwards they might look at.

'The kid at RB Leipzig that's been linked with Chelsea, Nkunku. Centre forward is obviously the big position that needs filling.

'We have Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford who can both play there, but I think Marcus prefers being out wide and Antony's injury record isn't great.

'January might be too soon [to replace Ronaldo], they're probably looking at next summer now, but I do think there are players out there.'

Paul Scholes believes that Manchester United should sign Cody Gakpo (left) or Christopher Nkunku (right) to bolster their attack. United legend Scholes feels that strengthening in attack is a priority for his former club. United are short of options in attack following Cristiano Ronaldo's acrimonious departure

Scholes feels that the impact that Gakpo has made at the World Cup - who has scored three goals so far - makes him an ideal candidate for United and manager Erik ten Hag.

Scholes said: 'The lad at PSV – Gakpo – is doing really well for Netherlands at the World Cup and I think Ten Hag has been really interested in him before.

'There's players out there for sure. January can be a tough window to do business but I hope we can do something and bring in a new centre forward.'

It is clear that United require more goals - they have only scored 20 times in the Premier League this season compared to Arsenal's 33 and Manchester City's 40.

As Scholes alludes to, Nkunku, who currently plays for RB Leipzig has been heavily linked with a move to Chelsea, with Le10Sport reporting that 'everything is complete' with regards to a switch that could take place next summer.

Scholes feels Marcus Rashford is most effective out wide while Anthony Martial's (right) injury issues mean he cannot be relied upon to lead United's frontline on a consistent basis

Gakpo, therefore, could be the best option for United to consider. The 23-year-old has scored nine goals in the Eredivisie this season and also has three in the Europa League. He often plays as a winger for PSV but is also capable of operating up front.

Ronaldo, meanwhile, is considering an offer from Saudi Arabian side Al Nassr that could see him earn £344million across the next two and a half years.

The Portugal star left United after heavily criticising the club during an interview with Piers Morgan.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11489743/Paul-Scholes-urges-Manchester-United-sign-Cody-Gakpo-Christopher-Nkunku.html
Old 12-12-2022, 08:09 AM   #3
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Erik ten Hag says Manchester United will do 'everything in our power' to replace Cristiano Ronaldo in January... with Cody Gakpo and Goncalo Ramos both on the Red Devils' wishlist for a new attacker

* Manchester United terminated Cristiano Ronaldo's contract last month
* Erik ten Hag has confirmed they will look to bring in another striker next month
* The club are already scouting targets ahead of the January transfer window
* United have Cody Gakpo and Goncalo Ramos on their transfer wishlist

Erik ten Hag says Manchester United will do 'everything in our power' to sign a replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo in the January transfer window.

It's understood that PSV Eindhoven's £50million-rated Cody Gakpo is a leading target, while Ten Hag is an admirer of Benfica striker Gonçalo Ramos who has taken Ronaldo's place in Portugal's starting line-up at the World Cup.

United have a vacancy in the squad after ripping up Ronaldo's contract and clearing his £500,000-a-week salary off the wage bill.

However, Ten Hag insisted on Saturday that United will only sign a new striker if the right player is available. Sources say the price would also have to be right, but stressed that United would not go for a cheap option who wouldn't improve the squad in the long-term.

Speaking about the prospect of signing a replacement for Ronaldo next month, Ten Hag said: 'Yes but only when we find the right player.

Erik ten Hag is keen to add another striker to his squad next month to replace Ronaldo. United are tracking PSV and Holland forward Cody Gakpo after his impressive World Cup. The Red Devils are also interested in signing Portugal forward Goncalo Ramos

'We do everything in our power. We are doing research on every opportunity and we do everything we can if that opportunity is there to contract them.' United held talks with PSV over Gakpo in the summer and it's believed they are ready to re-open discussions.

The 6ft 4in forward, who scored three goals in Holland's run to the quarter-finals in Qatar, can play wide or as a centre-forward.

Ten Hag, who has already signed three players from Dutch clubs since taking over at United, responded to the Gakpo speculation by saying: 'I cannot give comments on specific players. I will never do that.

'Players have contracts and I respect that, but make sure we are working in the background to get the right players in.' Ramos is another player on Ten Hag's radar. The 21-year-old scored a hat-trick for Portugal in their 6-1 win over Switzerland in the last 16 of the World Cup after replacing Ronaldo, and kept his place for yesterday's quarter-final against Morocco.

Ten Hag also believes Anthony Martial will develop into the complete centre-forward if the Frenchman can stay free of injury.

Martial has resurrected his Old Trafford career under the new manager despite being hampered by hamstring, Achilles and back problems during Ten Hag's six months in charge.

'We have seen when he is available, he has a massive impact on our game,' said the United boss.

Ten Hag is confident Anthony Martial can shine in the second half of the season if he stays fit

'He has 350 minutes, four goals and two assists - that's a really good record. In parts of his game like pressing, he is doing a really good job for the team linking up the play. For our team, he's a really important player and we need that profile.

'The first challenge for him is to be available and fit. Firstly, he has to be responsible for it, but we have to support him in all the ways we can.

'He was so disappointed that he had the injuries. In the past maybe he did something wrong, I don't know, but now it was also bad luck.

'We have to stop the process of injuries and get him - and he gets himself - in a better position so that he's fit and available.' This time last year, Martial was preparing to go out on loan to Sevilla as it appeared his time at United was drawing to a close.

The former Monaco man, who turned 27 this week, was back in Seville to lead Ten Hag's attack on Saturday when United ended their training camp in Spain with a friendly against Real Betis.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11525025/Erik-Ten-Hag-says-Man-United-try-replace-Cristiano-Ronaldo-January.html
Old 28-12-2022, 08:50 PM   #4
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'We have to score more goals': Erik ten Hag CONFIRMS Manchester United are in the market for a striker after seeing Cody Gakpo snatched from under their noses by rivals Liverpool... as Michael Owen insists Marcus Rashford is not the answer to No 9 issue

* Erik ten Hag has confirmed Manchester United are searching for a new striker
* The club lost out on target Cody Gakpo to rivals Liverpool in bid to sign forward
* Michael Owen insists that Marcus Rashford is not the man to play as a No 9
* Patrice Evra also said that it is Anthony Martial's 'last chance' to perform well

Erik ten Hag has confirmed that Manchester United are in the market for a new No 9 in the January transfer window.

The Red Devils have lost Cristiano Ronaldo after his contract was terminated last month, and currently only have the injury-prone Anthony Martial as a recognised No 9.

The club have also missed out on reported target Cody Gakpo to Premier League rivals Liverpool and it is looking very likely that United will have to dip into the loan market to secure the services of a centre-forward with the Glazers looking to sell the club.

Erik ten Hag has confirmed that Manchester United are in the market for a new No 9 in the January transfer window.

The Red Devils have lost Cristiano Ronaldo after his contract was terminated last month, and currently only have the injury-prone Anthony Martial as a recognised No 9.

The club have also missed out on reported target Cody Gakpo to Premier League rivals Liverpool and it is looking very likely that United will have to dip into the loan market to secure the services of a centre-forward with the Glazers looking to sell the club.

When asked if his team needed to be more clinical, Ten Hag said: 'I can confirm that, it's what I said in the dressing room.

Erik ten Hag has confirmed that Manchester United are in the market for a new No 9 in January. Despite the 3-0 win, Ten Hag was unhappy with his side's lack of cutting edge in front of goal. Despite the 3-0 win, Ten Hag was unhappy with his side's lack of cutting edge in front of goal

'We have to score more goals. We created so many chances and it takes us until just before the end to make the third goal. We have to finish this game at an earlier moment.'

Ten Hag continued: 'Just after half-time, we created two really good chances and you have to finish that game at an earlier moment. Life is going to be more easy.

'Many games at home, you can then save more energy, so that's better for everyone. But also for the progress of the team, you need that.'

The United manager was then asked if the club would be dipping into the transfer market to alleviate some of these problems.

Ten Hag said: 'We are always in the market but it has to match the sporting criteria but also the financial criteria and we will do what we can to bring that player in that we need.'

The 52-year-old was then quizzed on Gakpo's imminent arrival at Liverpool.

Ten Hag defensively responded: 'I don't talk about any individual cases.'

On Liverpool completing the signing, he continued: 'I am not looking at other teams, I am looking at our team. I am convinced in the players we have, individual and as a team, that we can compete with those other teams.'

This makes it seem that Ten Hag has full faith in Martial through the middle for the Red Devils.

This makes it seem that Ten Hag has full faith in Martial through the middle for the Red Devils.

The Amazon Prime pundits believe Marcus Rashford is not the solution to United's problem. Michael Owen said that Rashford will never be United's main man through the middle

Also speaking on Amazon Prime about United's striker conundrum, Michael Owen was adamant that the solution is not Rashford.

The former United striker said: 'He is not your main goalscorer. If you’re at Manchester United, Rashford isn't going to be scoring you 30 goals a season like a Wayne Rooney, like a Robin van Persie.

'[But] he will contribute double figures every year from that left hand side position.

'If you think Manchester United will play him down the middle and score 30 goals and be your main man then I would question it.'

Similarly to Martial, Stuart Pearce said time is running out for the England international. Pearce said: 'He is 25 years old now and it is time to deliver to be honest with you, because he is not a youngster anymore.'

Evra added that Rashford's biggest problem is that he is not 'a killer' in front of goal, despite the forward moving into double figures for the season with his strike against Forest.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11577839/Erik-ten-Hag-CONFIRMS-Manchester-United-market-striker.html
Old 29-12-2022, 05:47 AM   #5
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

TEN HAG DISCUSSES STRIKER SITUATION

Erik ten Hag was quizzed again on Manchester United's search for a striker, following the 3-0 win over Nottingham Forest.

A number of official broadcasters raised the subject in his post-match interviews at Old Trafford, with the January transfer window due to open in the new year.

During his press conference, Erik was also asked about Liverpool agreeing a fee for PSV Eindhoven forward Cody Gakpo, and replied: "I'm not looking at other teams, I am looking at our team. I am convinced of the squad we have and have confidence in their abilities, individually and as a team, to compete with all those teams."

Gakpo's name also came in up in conversation with Amazon Prime Video, as the manager reiterated a desire to bring in a new forward, following the departure of last term's top scorer Cristiano Ronaldo.

"I don't talk about individual cases," stated Ten Hag. "We are looking for offensive players. We are looking for a striker - it would be good because, with the games coming, there are so many, every third day, and we want to play in all the competitions that we are now in, and stay in those competitions, and hopefully keep going until the end of the season.

"So you need players in the squad to balance it all. I think we are always in the market but it has to match the sporting criteria, but also the financial criteria, and we will do what we can to bring that player in that we need."

Nonetheless, the boss insisted his current forwards have enough in their locker to cause problems for any defences in the Premier League.

"I know we have a really good frontline," he added. "I don't think there is a back four or back five in the league that would like to play against that frontline because it is difficult to defend all their movements, the technical abilities they have and the co-operation they have. And they can finish. You have to be focused 100 per cent over 90 minutes, otherwise they will score and I am happy that they scored today.

"We have a good squad but we have so many games to cover. We need numbers to cover all the games, to keep the players fresh, which is also why I swapped the front players tonight, to keep them fresh for Saturday as well. We want players in but those front four [Martial, Fernandes, Antony and Rashford] didn't play that often together in the first part of the season.

"I think maybe only two games they played together so, if we can bring them more often, together on the pitch, I am sure there will be better progress and we can score more goals."

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 09:07 AM   #6
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Man United 'will chase Harry Kane this summer with a top striker the club's prime objective'... while Victor Osimhen and Benjamin Sesko 'are also on the shortlist' with Wout Weghorst only a short-term solution

* Man United are reportedly prioritising a huge move for Harry Kane this summer
* The Red Devils are said to be targeting a new forward as their 'prime objective'
* United are in talks to sign Wout Weghorst but he is only a short term option
* Napoli's Victor Osimhen and Benjamin Sesko are also said to be on United's list

Manchester United are plotting a move for Tottenham forward Harry Kane this summer, with the Red Devils making a new striker their 'prime objective'.

Erik ten Hag has been vocal about his desire for more attacking options at Old Trafford and now ESPN are reporting that Kane is leading his shortlist of targets at the end of the season.

It claims the club will target him should he fail to sign a new deal at Tottenham - with his current contract expiring in 2024 - while Red Bull Salzburg's Benjamin Sesko and Napoli's Victor Osimhen are also being considered by United officials.

The Red Devils are reportedly in talks over a surprise loan deal for Burnley striker Wout Weghorst this month, although it is believed he would merely be a stopgap option before they go after one of Ten Hag's top targets in the summer.

Manchester United are reportedly targeting a move for Tottenham's Harry Kane this summer. Kane would certainly fit the bill, although Tottenham would likely demand an eye-watering fee

United are in talks over a loan deal for Wout Weghorst, but that is only a short-term solution. Erik ten Hag is keen to get his hands on a big-money centre-forward at the end of the season

Weghorst, who is currently out on loan with Besiktas, has been identified as a short-term replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo until the end of the season after the 37-year-old left by mutual consent following his explosive Piers Morgan interview.

While Besiktas do not want to lose him, Weghorst has made it clear he wants to become a United player and, should negotiations between all three clubs go smoothly, he could arrive at Old Trafford as early as this week.

Ten Hag would then have another attacking option at his disposal for the remainder of the campaign, before the club can then make a beeline for Kane, Osimhen or Sesko in the summer transfer window.

They are understood to have made signing a new centre-forward a priority, with Ten Hag keen to bring in an experienced player with contrasting qualities to his current set of forwards.

Since signing Robin van Persie in 2012, United have only spent big money on one other centre-forward, when they forked out £75million to bring Romelu Lukaku to Old Trafford four years later.

Lukaku departed for Inter Milan in 2019 after failing to justify his hefty price tag, and since his exit United have failed to replace him with a marquee arrival.

Napoli's Victor Osimhen (pictured) is reportedly another striker on Ten Hag's summer shortlist

Red Bull Salzburg's Benjamin Sesko (pictured) is also an option for the Red Devils this summer

Kane, who has scored 265 goals in 412 games for Spurs, would certainly represent a box-office buy at the end of the season, yet the north London club will be determined not to offload him to a Premier League rival and therefore drive their asking price up.

Osimhen is also high on their list after scoring 11 goals in 16 games for Napoli this season and the 24-year-old fits the bill in terms of age and ability, though Paris St-Germain are also circling.

As for Sesko, the 19-year-old would be more of a long-term investment, and he could still be available for the right price despite RB Leipzig agreeing a £20million deal to sign him from their sister club at the end of the season.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11615327/Man-United-chase-Harry-Kane-summer-striker-clubs-prime-objective.html
Old 18-01-2023, 08:19 AM   #7
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Erik ten Hag 'played a crucial role in Man United's shock loan move for Burnley flop Wout Weghorst... who wasn't flagged by scouts during last summer's botched pursuit of Marko Arnautovic'

* The United boss flagged interest in the Dutch international with club scouts
* Wout Weghorst had not previously been on the radar of those inside Carrington
* Ten Hag sees Weghorst adding 'a new dimension' to a growing United attack
* Weghorst could make his debut for his new club at Crystal Palace on Wednesday

Manchester United Erik ten Hag was critical to the club's surprise loan move for compatriot Wout Weghorst, according to reports.

Weghorst had been on loan at Besiktas from Burnley after the Dutch international was unable to prevent Burnley from being relegated to the Championship.

According to The Athletic, Ten Hag was the driving force behind Weghorst's capture, with the wheels set in motion following United's 2-0 Carabao Cup victory over the Clarets on December 21.

Weghorst was not on the radar of the Carrington club - even during their botched pursuit of Marko Arnautovic - until Ten Hag told them of his interest, the report states.

United were said to have dug deep into the background and habits of the 30-year-old target man with feedback largely 'positive'.

Erik ten Hag was pivotal to the signing of Burnley and Holland striker Wout Weghorst. Weghorst struggled in the Premier League for Burnley, scoring just two goals in 20 games. The Dutchman began training at Carrington on Sunday and could make his debut v Palace

Despite the striker's record in the Premier League last season - scoring just twice in 20 matches - Ten Hag said pre-Manchester derby to Dutch television that Weghorst's quest for proficiency would be a 'nice challenge' and blaming his struggles at on him only being at Turf Moor for a 'very short period of time'.

While not personally knowing the former Wolfsburg striker, Ten Hag had reportedly 'followed his career since he was 16'.

Memphis Depay, who endured a miserable spell at United, had also been considered by Old Trafford chiefs but his demands for a long-term deal reportedly scuppered any hopes of a chance at Premier League redemption.

The lack of funds available at United in January meant they could not afford PSV star Cody Gakpo, who subsequently joined Liverpool for £44m.

Ten Hag focused on speaking with Weghorst, believing United can have a 'new dimension' with the 197cm striker up front.

The striker naturally saw the opportunity to jump from Turkey to Carrington as as a 'once-in-a-lifetime situation' - but admitted he and his girlfriend Nikki van Esch were 'a bit shocked' that United were interested in signing him.

The Dutchman first trained with the squad on Sunday and could make his debut for the Red Devils on Wednesday night against Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11644563/Erik-ten-Hag-played-crucial-role-Manchester-Uniteds-shock-Burnley-flop-Wout-Weghorst.html
dengan kelebihan tinggi posturnya semoga United bisa lebih sering mencetak gol sundulan dalam skema bola mati atau tendangan sudut dan memenangi duel udara
Old 26-01-2023, 08:15 AM   #8
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United are still searching for another forward on loan for a SMALL fee to bolster their attack in January - as boss Erik ten Hag decides whether to keep youngsters Facundo Pellistri and Anthony Elanga this month

* Manchester United are still looking to add another forward on loan in January
* United missed out on key transfer targets Joao Felix and Cody Gakpo this month
* The Red Devils did managed to sign striker Wout Weghorst on loan from Burnley

Manchester United are still looking to add another forward on loan, despite landing Wout Weghorst on loan already from Championship side Burnley during the January transfer window.

United have been linked with numerous forwards during the window and have even missed out on the links of Joao Felix and Cody Gakpo to Premier League rivals Chelsea and Liverpool respectively.

Harry Kane, Victor Osimhen and Goncalo Ramos have all been linked with permanent move to Old Trafford in the summer, but it seems the Red Devils are still hoping to make another addition before the window slams shut next week.

There is no confirmed interest and the club is maintaining their stance of no more business, although Sportsmail believe they are still looking and that a deal will only be viable should if it is a loan deal with a small fee.

Time, however, is running out for United boss Erik ten Hag to pull the trigger on a potential move that will help bolster his attacking options.

The Dutchman is also still yet to decide whether youngsters Facundo Pellistri and Anthony Elanga can leave on loan this month to gain more minutes after failing to make much of an impact so far this campaign.

Man United are still looking to add another forward on loan, despite landing Wout Weghorst. United are yet to decide whether youngsters Facundo Pellistri (left) and Anthony Elanga (right) can leave on loan this month. Man United boss Erik ten Hag is reluctant to allow any players to leave this month

United boss ten Hag is reluctant to allow any players to go this month despite Pellistri and team-mate Anthony Elanga pushing to leave for more game time.

Elanga has been linked with a temporary switch to Borussia Dortmund, but the move is now unlikely to go through, while Valencia have been keeping tabs on Pellistri's situation.

Sweden international Elanga, who has also been linked with Everton, prospered under former United boss Ralf Rangnick and has racked up an impressive 47 appearances already for the Red Devils.

However, this season he has started just five matches under Ten Hag with 18-year-old Garnacho having gone ahead of him in the pecking order.

Pellistri has only featured once for United this campaign, when he impressed in their Carabao Cup victory over Charlton earlier this month.

Both players are keen to get more game time and are not part of ten Hag's immediate plans at Old Trafford - therefore loan moves may make sense.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11674641/Manchester-United-searching-forward-loan-SMALL-fee.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 7
Andi Istiabudi, annetapitt5084, braausasda9593, jehnzhulze7993, rio vander vidic, tumpal_oneunited, zudomiriku