United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 30-11-2020, 09:34 AM   #21
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Edinson Roberto Cavani Gomez

CHRIS SUTTON: Edinson Cavani laced up and tore Southampton apart... the veteran has that striker's instinct and showed he can cut it in England with his match-winning double

* Edinson Cavani had match-winning impact with two goals against Southampton
* Many questioned whether the 33-year-old could cut it in the Premier League
* But the Uruguayan showed just that and gives Ole Gunnar Solskjaer new option
* He was a risky signing but has that striker's instinct and magnificent movement

Seeing Edinson Cavani change his footwear near the start of the second half, then go on to win the game for Manchester United, made me think of that comic strip Billy’s Boots.

It told the story of Billy Dane, who found an old pair of Charles ‘Dead Shot’ Keen’s boots in his grandmother’s loft. When he wore them, he was unstoppable.

Cavani turned into ‘Dead Shot’ on Sunday. He laced up and tore Southampton apart.

At half-time, with United 2-0 down, it was ‘Ole out!’ At full time, 3-2 winners, it was ‘Ole in!’.

United don’t mind signing strikers in the twilight of their careers. They brought in Henrik Larsson at 35. They signed Zlatan Ibrahimovic at 34. Cavani, at 33, was a risk. He scored 138 goals in 200 league games for Paris Saint-Germain, but this is the Premier League. There were doubts that Cavani could do on these shores what he did in France.

On Sunday he showed he can. There was one moment where he took a chance off the toes of Marcus Rashford because he was desperate to score and backed himself to do so.

Edinson Cavani showed he can cut it in England with match-winning double vs Southampton. The veteran was questioned when he signed but has that striker's instinct and movement. The Uruguayan gives Ole Gunnar Solskjaer another option to think about for United

Cavani has that striker’s instinct and magnificent movement. Maybe he’s lost sharpness in terms of athleticism, but his brain is switched on.

This display gives Solskjaer something to ponder. Just don’t forget to put on the right boots next time, Edinson!

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8999343/CHRIS-SUTTON-Edinson-Cavani-showed-cut-England-match-winning-double.html
Old 30-11-2020, 09:57 AM   #22
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Roy Keane claims Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's 'gamble' on veteran Edinson Cavani has paid off after he fired Manchester United to comeback win at Southampton and believes former PSG star will be a 'huge signing'

* Edinson Cavani had a match-winning impact in Manchester United's victory
* Uruguayan came off bench to score late double in 3-2 win over Southampton
* Roy Keane claimed 'gamble' taken on the veteran striker looks to have paid off
* The former United man said the Uruguayan could turn out to be a 'huge signing'

Roy Keane claimed Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's 'gamble' on signing Edinson Cavani has paid off after his match-winning double fired Manchester United to a superb comeback win against Southampton.

The Red Devils trailed 2-0 at half-time but Bruno Fernandes' finish before a late double from substitute Cavani saw United produce a stunning turnaround in a 3-2 victory at St Mary's.

Cavani had not played competitively since March when United signed the unattached Uruguayan, 33, on transfer deadline having missed out on other targets.

But the veteran striker silenced his doubters emphatically with his second and third goals for the club, and former United player Keane said it looks like a well-taken gamble by the club's hierarchy.

When asked on Sky Sports if the centre-forward is what United have been missing, Keane responded: 'I think so. It was always a gamble when he came to the club.

'People were doubting why he didn't have a club. Did he have the hunger, the desire? We've seen clips of him in some other games and think "has he still got it?" We've seen proof of it today.

Edinson Cavani was described as a potentially 'huge signing' after his match-winning double. The 'gamble' taken on 33-year-old striker by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer looks to have paid off. Former United player Roy Keane says Cavani is exactly what United have been missing up front

'He could turn out to be a huge signing for United. It was a bit of a gamble really, but it's worked out well today.'

Fellow pundit Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink has similar plaudits for the forward, adding other young strikers should take note of his movement for the goals.

'Movement. Every young striker has to look at him. This is all about movement and the space (his first goal)', said Hasselbaink.

'If you see where he starts, he sprints to the first post. It's nice with the glance. Of course, the ball in, it's a good ball. It's all about Cavani. If he has no movement, he does not score.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8998545/Roy-Keane-claims-Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaers-gamble-Edinson-Cavani-paid-Man-United.html
Old 30-11-2020, 10:45 AM   #23
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'He is so sharp, clever, great timing': Ole Gunnar Solskjaer claims Man United matchwinner Edinson Cavani reminds him of Andy Cole after super-sub inspired comeback win at Southampton

* Edinson Cavani scored twice to give Man United a 3-2 with at Southampton
* United went two goals down at St Mary's but super-sub Cavani got them the win
* The Uruguayan scored twice and set up one more to complete the turnaround
* Cavani was compared to Andy Cole by Man United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Edinson Cavani did an Ole Gunnar Solskjaer but was likened to another one of Manchester United’s Treble winners, Andy Cole, after inspiring them to a dramatic win at Southampton.

Cavani was United’s super sub, a role his manager Solskjaer performed so often during his United playing career, scoring twice and setting up the Bruno Fernandes goal that kick-started his side’s fightback from 2-0 down following his half-time introduction.

Initially, Cavani was not ready for the start of the second half and still changing his boots when the action resumed after the break, earning a tongue-in-cheek ticking off from his manager.

But Solskjaer ended the afternoon saluting the experienced striker’s know-how and quality.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer praised Man United's hero at Southampton Edinson Cavani (above). Cavani scored twice in the final 15 minutes to give United a 3-2 comeback win at St Mary's

Solskjaer said: ‘He reminds me of Andy with his movement in the box. He is so sharp, clever, great timing and, I’ve got to say, he has not learned off me because I was ready when the game started or the second half started. I always had my boots tied and with the right studs on. He made us wait a little bit too long for my liking.’

Only one of Cavani’s eight appearances for United since his free transfer arrival on deadline day has been from the start.

Though in the limited time he has had his movement, enthusiasm, work-rate have stood out.

Solskjaer had made no secret of his desire to add a frontman with the natural instinct to be in the right place at the right time and capable of scoring the simple striker’s goals to complement his attack.

He now has one in the Uruguayan, 33, and added: ‘Sometimes when we’ve scored goals it’s had to be the perfect goal. We almost walk it in, there’s an extra pass or great skill or something.

‘Edinson he’s been around the block, he’s scored so many goals, played football for so long, he’s been between those posts so many times so he knows. He’s seen this game before.

‘He’s seen that cross before. He knows exactly what moment to move and he’s best friend in the box is what Sir Alex always used to tell me “your best friend in the box is space” and he gets into that space at the perfect time.

It looked like it was going to be a difficult day for Solskjaer, whose side went 2-0 down. But half-time substitute Cavani spared Solskjaer's blushes on the south coast

Solskjaer compared Cavani to Andy Cole due to his movement in the penalty box. United's iconic striker Cole scored 121 goals in 275 games for the club between 1995 and 2001

‘He’s got all the attributes of a top class footballer and human being. He’s had a great career, scored goals wherever he has been. Is so professional, meticulous with his preparation, with his recovery, what he does at meal times, before the game during the game so I was surprised that he didn’t have his boots ready when the second half started but also to have a focal point in the box is important for us. We’ve not really had that since Romelu left.’

Solskjaer turned to Cavani with United trailing to Jan Bednarek’s header and James Ward-Prowse’s trademark free-kick.

In trying to save the latter David De Gea crashed against the post, had to come off at the break with a knee injury and was replaced by Dean Henderson, handed a long-awaited Premier League debut.

De Gea will have a scan on his knee on Monday ahead of United’s Champions League clash with Paris Saint-Germain on Wednesday.

United have now won all four Premier League away games this season after going behind.

Solskjaer said: ‘That’s very important and a trait that Man United always should have. Never give up, never give in.

‘I don’t know how many times I was on the pitch and we came back and won games towards the end.

‘We had a manager [Sir Alex Ferguson] who never, ever allows anyone to give up and that’s one of my values.’

Hasenhuttl saw his side’s impressive, seven-game unbeaten run come to an end but he insisted: ‘I don’t want people’s head going down.

‘When you hear them celebrating in their dressing room then you know what you have done today and how tough an opponent you have been because they were celebrating like they’d won the Premier League.

‘That’s the best thing for me because it’s definitely statement if they are celebrating like this because it was a tough game.

‘They had to play the best they can to win against us and we can be proud of what we’ve done today definitely.’

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8998771/Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-compares-Man-United-matchwinner-Southamapton-Edinson-Cavani-Andy-Cole.html
Old 01-12-2020, 08:40 AM   #24
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'The last thing I wanted to do was cause offence to anyone': Edinson Cavani apologises for calling a friend 'negrito' on Instagram and says he's 'completely opposed to racism' as FA launch probe which could see him hit with MINIMUM three-game ban

* Edinson Cavani has apologised for his controversial Instagram post on Sunday
* The Uruguayan striker posted an Instagram story with the Spanish term 'negrito'
* A term with alleged racial connotations, Cavani could receive a three-game ban
* The FA have begun a lengthy investigation as they start to gather evidence
* Cavani and Manchester United insist the term was used as one of affection

Edinson Cavani issued a public apology for the social media post which sparked a racism storm but is facing an anxious wait to discover if he will be in hot water with the FA.

The FA are investigating a now-deleted post from the Manchester United striker in which he used the Spanish term 'gracias negrito' in response to a message of congratulations from a friend following his match-winning performance at Southampton.

Cavani said: 'The message I posted after the game on Sunday was intended as an affectionate greeting to a friend, thanking him for his congratulations after the game.

Manchester United's Edinson Cavani has apologised for his controversial Instagram post. His message translated to 'thanks black' as he appeared to respond to a congratulatory post

'The last thing I wanted to do was cause offence to anyone. I am completely opposed to racism and deleted the message as soon as it was explained that it can be interpreted differently. I would like to sincerely apologise for this.'

Cavani could receive a minimum three-game ban if the FA decide his message was in breach of their rules after updating their guidelines on sanctions for discriminatory behaviour ahead of this season.

But the case will not be treated like an on-field incident requiring retrospective action which can see charges fast-tracked in order for a hearing to take place before a potential offender would next play.

Instead, the initial probe will involve a longer process while the FA gather evidence before deciding whether to charge Cavani.

It may not be until midweek at the earliest before the FA are in position to determine whether Cavani may have a case to answer.

Quote:
CAVANI AND MANCHESTER UNITED'S STATEMENTS

Cavani's: 'The message I posted after the match on Sunday was intended as an affectionate greeting to a friend, thanking him for his congratulations after the game.

'The last thing I wanted to do was cause offence to anyone. I am completely opposed to racism and deleted the message as soon as it was explained that it can be interpreted differently.

'I would like to sincerely apologise for this.'

Manchester United's: 'It is clear to us that there was absolutely no malicious intent behind Edinson’s message and he deleted it as soon as he was informed that it could be misconstrued.

'Edinson has issued an apology for any unintentional offence caused. Manchester United and all of our players are fully committed to the fight against racism.'
United said: 'It is clear to us that there was absolutely no malicious intent behind Edinson's message.

'Edinson has issued an apology for any unintentional offence caused. Manchester United and all of our players are fully committed to the fight against racism.'

Cavani is at the centre of controversy after posting language similar to that used by his fellow Uruguayan Luis Suarez albeit, the former insists, in a different context.

Cavani could be asked to give his observations as the FA begin their lengthy investigation. There are comparisons with Luis Suarez, who used the word 'negro' in a clash with Patrice Evra. The post remained on Cavani's Instagram account for some time before it was deleted

In 2011 Suarez was banned for eight games for racially abusing Patrice Evra.

The Cavani incident is set to lead to renewed calls for more routine education for players arriving from overseas, a move anti-discrimination organisation Kick It Out and the PFA have long been advocating for.

The FA, PFA and KIO all deliver education and equality and diversity training to clubs but the Cavani case has highlighted again issues relating to cultural differences which can land players in hot water.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-9001463/Edinson-Cavani-left-limbo-FA-begin-lengthy-investigation-strikers-negrito-post.html
Old 01-12-2020, 10:03 AM   #25
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Troy Deeney insists Edinson Cavani deserves MORE than a three-game ban after 'negrito' social media post, and says Man United star needs to be 'educated' by the FA on why 'these words hurt'

* Troy Deeney says Edinson Cavani should be hit with more than three-match ban
* The Manchester United striker posted a term with racial connotations on Sunday
* Cavani came off the bench to score a brace as United won 3-2 at Southampton
* But in response to a message of congratulations, Cavani said: 'Gracias negrito'
* Hours after Deeney spoke, Cavani has 'sincerely apologised' after it was explained to him that the post can have a different interpretation than intended

Troy Deeney has insisted a three-game ban is not enough for Manchester United striker Edinson Cavani after he posted a Spanish term with alleged racial connotations on social media on Sunday.

Cavani, who on Monday afternoon apologised for the post, came off the bench to score a brace and hand Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side a dramatic 3-2 win at Southampton.

But the Uruguayan striker's heroics at St Mary's were overshadowed when he posted a controversial Spanish term on social media in the hours that followed - on Monday afternoon, Cavani 'sincerely apologised', saying the post 'was intended as an affectionate greeting to a friend.'

Troy Deeney says a three-game ban is not enough for Edinson Cavani after he posted a Spanish term with racial connotations on social media. Cavani's post translates to 'thanks black' as he appeared to respond to a congratulatory post

His full statement on the United website read: 'The message I posted after the match on Sunday was intended as an affectionate greeting to a friend, thanking him for his congratulations after the game.

'The last thing I wanted to do was cause offence to anyone. I am completely opposed to racism and deleted the message as soon as it was explained that it can be interpreted differently. I would like to sincerely apologise for this.'

United added in a club statement: 'It is clear to us that there was absolutely no malicious intent behind Edinson’s message and he deleted it as soon as he was informed that it could be misconstrued.

In response to a message of congratulations, seemingly from a friend, Cavani said on his Instagram story on Sunday: 'Gracias negrito.' The term, which makes reference to race, translates directly as 'Thanks black'.

Three hours after posting the tweet, it was deleted. Cavani insists 'negrito' is a term of affection in South America and that will be his defence if any disciplinary action is taken.

Cavani is now facing an FA probe but Deeney, speaking on the talkSPORT breakfast show on Monday, thinks the United star should be given more than a three-game ban, as well as extra education on the issue.

The Uruguayan striker, pictured arriving for training Monday morning, is facing an FA probe. Cavani was United's hero at St Mary's, but now will face tough questions over the incident

The Watford striker said: 'It's never right, no matter which way you look at it.

'I just think when you write a message out, it's considered, nine times out of ten, that you'll proofread it before putting it out there because you don't want to make yourself look an idiot.

'But at no point did he think "that's not right" – that's what worried me a little bit.

'I understand we get three-game bans now, but I just want to know whether the FA are educating players when they come to this country.

'I don't think he's meant it to insult anyone, but he needs to be educated on what is acceptable and what isn't.'

When asked if a three-match ban for Cavani is enough, Deeney added: 'No, I don’t think it is.

'It’s a considered post. He’s written it out, thought about it, and he’s got people around him who would say, "I don’t think you should really do that".

'He’s probably acted in a moment of happiness, obviously after scoring, that’s why I don’t take it as he meant offence by it, he just hasn’t understood the ramifications of his words.

'I do think at times three games isn’t enough, because it’s got to be three games with a form of education in my opinion.'

The FA published updated punishment guidelines ahead of the start of a new season in a clampdown on racism and discriminatory behaviour.

Any discriminatory behaviour on social media will carry a minimum three-game suspension for culprits compared to bans of between six and 12 games for offences that take place in matches.

The bans were increased after Manchester City’s Bernardo Silva and Tottenham’s Dele Alli were suspended for just one-game after breaching FA rules with posts on social media.

The incident also quickly led to comparisons being drawn between Cavani and his fellow Uruguayan Suarez.

Former Liverpool striker Suarez was banned for eight games and fined £40,000 for using the word ‘negro’ towards ex-United defender Patrice Evra in 2011.

Suarez attempted to argue in his FA hearing that the word in Uruguay and other parts of Latin America is inoffensive in certain situations.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-9001175/Troy-Deeney-insists-Edinson-Cavani-deserves-three-game-ban.html
Old 02-12-2020, 09:21 AM   #26
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

The FA demand answers from Edinson Cavani over his 'Gracias negrito' Instagram post as he faces a lengthy ban - and Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer admits his striker will 'learn the hard way'

* Manchester United striker Edinson Cavani is in hot water after Instagram post
* He replied 'Gracias negrito' to a friend in a post which sparked a racism storm
* Cavani was quick to apologise but is waiting to hear if he faces FA punishment
* Boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer insists there was no 'malicious intent' from striker
* The FA have asked Cavani for his observations as the investigation continues

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer admits Edinson Cavani has learned a harsh lesson from his racism controversy, but is backing the Manchester United striker to be in the right frame of mind to face his old club Paris Saint-Germain on Wednesday night.

The FA have asked Cavani for his observations after he used the word 'negrito' in a social media post following his match-winning performance at Southampton on Sunday.

The Uruguay star, who faces a minimum three-match ban if charged, has until the end of the week to respond although he could ask for longer to give his version of events. Cavani deleted the message and apologised, insisting he did not know the word is offensive in this country.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (centre) has backed striker Edinson Cavani (right) amid his racism storm. Cavani apologised after replying 'Gracias negrito' to a friend on Instagram on Sunday night

The Cavani incident is set to lead to renewed calls for more routine education for players arriving from overseas, a move anti-discrimination organisation Kick It Out and the PFA have long been advocating for.

The FA, PFA and KIO all deliver education and equality and diversity training to clubs but the Cavani case has highlighted again issues relating to cultural differences which can land players in hot water.

Solskjaer defended the 33-year-old on Tuesday and called for more diversity training for foreign players coming to England.

'We've communicated with Edinson and he's really deeply sorry for the mistake he's made,' said the United manager.

'There was no malicious intent at all. It was just an affectionate greeting to a friend of his, but we explained to him.

'He has been asked by the FA to explain so he'll co-operate with them, and we'll support him.

'It's one of those unfortunate situations where he's just come into the country and in Uruguay he's been using a different term of affection to what we have. So we support him and we support the FA.

'It's important the FA have asked him to explain and it's out there for everyone to see because we want to be in the fight against discrimination.

'I saw Gary Neville said something on maybe all players coming from different cultures should be educated, and I'm sure Edinson has learned the hard way.'

Solskjaer insisted there was no malicious intent from Cavani, who now awaits his fate by the FA. The post remained on Cavani's Instagram account for some time before it was deleted

Cavani is PSG's all-time top scorer but left the French club under a cloud before joining United as a free agent on deadline day in October.

He missed the first Group H game between the two clubs at Parc des Princes two weeks later because he was in quarantine, and is desperate to be involved in the return at Old Trafford tonight.

'Edinson is ready to play,' added Solskjaer. 'It's special for him to play against PSG. I know that will give him energy.

'He will work on his mindset today and tomorrow to be ready for the game. The same goes for the FA (issue). He's learned a lesson and it might affect him, but he'll just have to put it to one side when the game is on.

'The best players can put problems or thoughts away for a while and perform when they have to.'

A point will be enough for United to qualify for the knockout stage, and they could even be confirmed as group winners tonight depending on RB Leipzig's result against Istanbul Basaksehir.

'The quicker you can qualify the better,' said Solskjaer, who confirmed that goalkeeper David de Gea trained on Tuesday after going off with a knock in the 3-2 win at Southampton.

'The players all want to be there as you would expect when the Champions League nights come and floodlights are on, even though unfortunately the fans are not there,' he said.

'The training group today was a massive one and everyone has held their hand up and is available for selection.

'Our mindset is to win this game. We want to go out there with an attacking intent.'

Meanwhile, Solskjaer praised the former Napoli player for the impact he has had since joining United as a free agent on deadline day – and was even able to raise a smile by criticising Cavani's parking at the club's training ground.

'He's an absolute top pro,' said Solskjaer. 'I've not been able to get to know him really closely because of the language barrier. We have to speak through someone else.

'But he is so professional, so meticulous, everything he does he does with the intention of being the best footballer.

'He's a good team-mate, a good team player, and I've been impressed with everything apart from his parking! He parks too closely to the other players and staff sometimes.'

Reminded that he praised Cavani's Viking spirit before a game several years ago, the Norwegian added: 'We never give in, us Vikings. We've got the right attitude and right mentality.

'That was maybe not fair to Edinson but it was a compliment. I always look at players' mentality and ability to play and do well even though you don't have a perfect day.

'You know he's got talent. I could have spoken about predatory instincts but what I saw from him was ability to work for the team and be a team player.

'We've seen it here from the work-rate he puts down. He's top of the tree for running stats in the Premier League and he's 33, which says everything about his mentality.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9005585/Solskjaer-insists-no-malicious-intent-Cavani-called-friend-negrito.html
Old 18-12-2020, 12:31 AM   #27
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

UNITED RESPOND TO EDINSON CAVANI CHARGE

Manchester United has responded to a statement released by the Football Association on Thursday morning, regarding Edinson Cavani.

The FA stated: “Edinson Cavani has been charged with misconduct for a breach of FA Rule E3, in relation to a social media post on Thursday 29 November 2020.

“It is alleged that, contrary to FA Rule E3.1, a comment posted on the Manchester United FC player's Instagram page was insulting and/or abusive and/or improper and/or brought the game into disrepute.

“It is further alleged that the comment constitutes an 'Aggravated Breach', which is defined in FA Rule E3.2, as it included a reference, whether express or implied, to colour and/or race and/or ethnic origin.

“The striker has until Monday 4 January 2021 to provide a response to the charge.”

United have issued the following statement in response:

“Manchester United and all of our players are fully committed to the fight against racism and we will continue to work with the FA - along with other governing bodies and organisations, and through our own campaigns - in that regard.

“We note the FA decision today to charge Edinson Cavani for his social media reply to a friend's message of congratulations, following the Southampton game.

“Edinson and the club were clear that there was absolutely no malicious intent behind the message, which he deleted and apologised for, as soon as he was informed that it could have been misconstrued.

“The player and the club will now consider the charge and respond to the FA accordingly.”

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2020, 10:24 AM   #28
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United striker Edinson Cavani is charged with an 'aggravated' breach of the FA's race rules for his 'negrito' Instagram post - and now faces a lengthy ban despite club claiming 'absolutely no malicious intent'

* Edinson Cavani used the racial term when responding to a friend on Instagram
* The Uruguayan had scored twice to help Manchester United beat Southampton
* He deleted the post three hours later and he and the club issued an apology
* But now the 33-year-old is facing a lengthy ban following the FA's charge

Edinson Cavani has been charged with misconduct for using the word 'negrito' in a social media post and the Manchester United striker now faces a minimum three-match ban.

The FA took action over the aggravated breach, which they believe was racist in nature, after Cavani replied to a friend on Instagram following his match-winning performance at Southampton last month.

The Uruguay striker deleted the post and apologised after he was informed that the word is offensive in this country, but that was not enough to keep him out of trouble.

Edinson Cavani has been charged by the FA with misconduct following his 'Gracias negrito' Instagram post. Man United striker Cavani used the racial term when replying to a friend on Instagram after scoring twice to help his side beat Southampton

Having considered Cavani's version of events – submitted almost two weeks ago – the FA charged the 33-year-old on Thursday. He has until January 4 to respond.

A statement from the FA read: 'Edinson Cavani has been charged with misconduct for a breach of FA Rule E3 in relation to a social media post on Thursday 29 November 2020.

'It is alleged that, contrary to FA Rule E3.1, a comment posted on the Manchester United FC player's Instagram page was insulting and/or abusive and/or improper and/or brought the game into disrepute.

'It is further alleged that the comment constitutes an 'aggravated breach', which is defined in FA Rule E3.2, as it included reference, whether express or implied, to colour and/or race and/or ethnic origin.'

The 33-year-old Uruguayan striker now has until January 4 to respond to the FA's charge. Cavani and Manchester United both issued apologies after he removed his Instagram post. Cultural context will be a key factor in Cavani's defence if he decides to contest the charge

If Cavani accepts the charge, an independent disciplinary panel will decide on his punishment. The offence carries a minimum three-match ban, but he would also be likely to face a fine and mandatory education programme.

If the former Paris Saint-Germain star denies it, the panel will take into account the aggravating and mitigation factors before making a decision.

Cultural context has been a key issue in Cavani's defence since posting the Instagram message on November 29.

He claims that 'negrito' is actually his friend's nickname and the greeting was meant in the affectionate way it is used in South America instead of having any racist intent.

However, a similar defence did not spare his Uruguay teammate Luis Suarez from an eight-game ban and £40,000 fine after the former Liverpool striker clashed with United defender Patrice Evra at Anfield in October 2011.

United issued a statement on Thursday saying: 'Manchester United and all of our players are fully committed to the fight against racism and we will continue to work with the FA – along with other governing bodies and organisations, and through our own campaigns – in that regard.

'We note the FA decision today to charge Edinson Cavani for his social media reply to a friend's message of congratulations following the Southampton game.

'Edinson and the club were clear that there was absolutely no malicious intent behind the message, which he deleted and apologised for as soon as he was informed that it could have been misconstrued. The player and the club will now consider the charge and respond to the FA accordingly.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9063145/Edinson-Cavani-facing-lengthy-ban-CHARGED-misconduct-FA-Instagram-post.html
Old 31-12-2020, 08:03 AM   #29
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Kata Shearer, Fungsi Edinson Cavani di Man United adalah...
Lucas Aditya - detikSport

Jakarta - Edinson Cavani perlahan menjadi pemain penting di Manchester United. El Matador disebut Alan Shearer mempunyai peran lain untuk Setan Merah.

Cavani didatangkan cuma-cuma di awal musim 2020/2021. Dengan usianya yang sudah menginjak 33 tahun, ada yang meragukan bahwa Cavani akan menjadi pembelian gagal.

Pemain asal Uruguay itu malah memberi bukti bagus. Dia sudah memberi kontribusi maksimal dengan torehan 3 gol dan 2 assist di Premier League.

Cavani sudah sekali mencetak brace di Liga Inggris. Dia menjadi penentu kemenangan MU atas Southampton dengan skor akhir 3-2 pada laga yang berlangsung di St Mary pada 11 November 2020.

Eks striker Timnas Inggris, Alan Shearer, melihat ada fungsi lain dari Cavani di MU. Lini depan MU saat ini masih dihuni beberapa pemain muda.

Marcus Rashford masih berusia 23 tahun, sementara Mason Greenwood berumur 19 tahun. Mereka dinilai bisa mencuri ilmu dari Cavani agar bisa tampil lebih sip.

"Itu hanya akan menguntungkan untuk pemain muda seperti Rashford dan Greenwood," kata Shearer seperti dikabarkan oleh Mirror.

"Saat anda melihat ke ruang ganti dan anda melihat pemain dengan perawakannya, lantas anda akan bodoh kalau tak memperhatikannya benar-benar, baik dalam dan luar lapangan, dengan rekornya di manapun dia berada, dia meraih kesuksesan."

"Untuk dia, datang ke klub seperti ini ada potensi besar, semua pemain muda bisa mengaguminya dan belajar," kata dia menambahkan.

Selain di Liga Inggris, Cavani juga sudah bikin satu gol di Piala Liga Inggris. Dia membantu MU menaklukkan Everton 2-0 pada 23 Desember 2020.
Old 31-12-2020, 11:19 PM   #30
Andi Istiabudi
manager

UNITED RESPOND TO CAVANI'S THREE-MATCH BAN

Manchester United striker Edinson Cavani has been fined and suspended for three matches by the Football Association.

The Uruguay international will miss the upcoming matches, all at Old Trafford, against Aston Villa (Premier League), Manchester City (Carabao Cup semi-final) and Watford (Emirates FA Cup third round).

The FA issued the following statement:

“Edinson Cavani has been suspended for three games, fined £100,000 and must complete face-to-face education after admitting a charge for a breach of FA Rule E3 in relation to a social media post on Sunday 29 November 2020.

“A comment posted on the Manchester United FC striker’s Instagram page was insulting, abusive, improper and brought the game into disrepute contrary to FA Rule E3.1. The post also constitutes an “aggravated breach”, which is defined in FA Rule E3.2, as it included reference, whether express or implied, to colour and/or race and/or ethnic origin.

“An independent Regulatory Commission was appointed to decide the sanction and its written reasons will be published in due course.“

Manchester United also issued the following statement:

“As he has stated, Edinson Cavani wasn’t aware that his words could have been misconstrued and he sincerely apologised for the post and to anyone who was offended.

“Despite his honest belief that he was simply sending an affectionate thank-you in response to a congratulatory message from a close friend, he chose not to contest the charge, out of respect for, and solidarity with, the FA and the fight against racism in football.

“While it is clear that context and intent are key factors, we note that the independent Regulatory Commission was required to impose a minimum three-game suspension. The club trusts that the independent Regulatory Commission will make it clear in its written reasons that Edinson Cavani is not a racist, nor was there any racist intent in relation to his post.”

www.manutd.com

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 7
Andi Istiabudi, B4YU, h-ANG, rio vander vidic, Riskur, tumpal_oneunited, zudomiriku