United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 05-02-2020, 08:22 AM   #11
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Odion Ighalo

Shock deadline day signing Odion Ighalo will wear No 25 for Manchester United as Nigerian striker prepares for possible debut against Chelsea

* Man United's shock deadline day signing Odion Ighalo will wear the No 25 shirt
* The Nigerian striker made the switch to Old Trafford in a £3million loan deal
* Shirt has not been in use since Antonio Valencia departed the club last summer

Manchester United's shock deadline day signing Odion Ighalo will wear the No 25 shirt.

The Nigerian striker made the switch to Old Trafford in a £3million loan deal from Shanghai Shenhua last Friday.

And now Ighalo has been handed the No 25 jersey ahead of his possible debut against Chelsea following the Premier League winter break.

Manchester United's shock deadline day signing Odion Ighalo will wear the No 25 shirt. Ighalo has been handed the No 25 jersey ahead of his possible debut against Chelsea

The shirt has not been in use since full back Antonio Valencia departed the Red Devils last summer.

Other previous owners of the No 25 include the likes of former goalkeeper Kevin Pilkington, Quinton Fortune and right back Danny Simpson.

United released a video on Twitter to unveil Ighalo's shirt number with a link to purchase it on Tuesday.

In response to the video, one fan wrote: 'I'm not buying anything until you start winning games consistently,' while another added: '25 goals he's gonna score for Manchester United.'

Ighalo has joined Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side until the end of the season. Speaking following the confirmation of the move last week, Solskjaer said: 'Odion is an experienced player. He will come in and give us an option of a different type of centre-forward for the short spell he's staying with us.

'[He's] a great lad and very professional, he will make the most of his time here.'

United released video on Twitter to unveil Ighalo's number with link to buy it and fans reacted

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7964867/Shock-deadline-day-signing-Odion-Ighalo-wear-No-25-Manchester-United.html
Old 06-02-2020, 06:19 AM   #12
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

IGHALO EXCLUSIVE: WHY I CHOSE THE NO.25 SHIRT

In his first interview as a Manchester United player, Odion Ighalo has exclusively revealed why he will wear the number 25 shirt throughout a six-month loan spell with his beloved Reds.

The passionate Nigerian striker has joined the club on a temporary basis from Chinese side Shanghai Greenland Shenhua, to boost Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s squad for the rest of the 2019/20 season.

Speaking to us about his arrival, in a must-watch interview, Ighalo provides an insight into his thinking when presented with a list of squad numbers that were available for selection.
“Well, I think that number and number 19 were available,” says 30-year-old Odion.

“When I was at Watford I wore the number 24 and it was not available.

“In Shanghai I had number nine and that was not available. So I said to myself that 24 plus one is 25, so I said 'okay let me go with the number 25 instead of 19'.

United’s first-ever African player, Quinton Fortune, also wore the number 25 shirt during his six seasons as a player and Ighalo admits the former South Africa international influenced his decision.

“Yeah, because I watched Quinton Fortune played for Man United, he was a great player and I know he put on the number 25, so I said to myself that number 25 is good,” Odion explains.

“Even though I didn't get the number that I was looking for, 25 is a perfect number because it is one above the number that I wore when I was in the Premier League.

The number 25 shirt has been vacant at United since Antonio Valencia left the club last summer and, using his official Instagram account, the Ecuadorian has posted a good luck message to Ighalo.

“I always saw the number 25 as an opportunity to work beyond my dreams,” he writes. “It has been my inspiration and became my amulet. I wish you all the success now with this shirt brother!”

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 06:22 AM   #13
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

THE UNITED SIGNING THAT SPARKED STREET PARTIES

Manchester United new boy Odion Ighalo has been bowled over by the reaction to his loan move in his homeland of Nigeria.

Fans celebrated the news of the deadline-day deal by holding street parties and it seems there will be a huge patriotic focus on the striker when he pulls on the no.25 shirt for the first time, following the winter break.

It has been a whirlwind time for the African attacker but he admits he is boosted by the support from a country where the Reds have a fanatical following.

When we asked the centre-forward about the reaction in Nigeria, he replied: “It was crazy, because my move to Man United was all over the news for the last few days.

”Even in the street I grew up on, they are having parties, celebrating Ighalo signing for United!

“They sent me the video, I was just laughing and happy. Many of the people are supporting Man United and some of them are supporting some other teams in the Premier League, but they said they are changing to United now because of me. This club has a very big fan base in Nigeria. So I am happy about all of this and they are rooting for United from now on.”

So, with some fans even switching their allegiance to back the 30-year-old, he feels immense pride to be making history as the first Nigerian ever to represent the Reds' first team.

“I’m happy, because people keep sending me messages,” he added. “I know that this is very big, I'm going to be the first Nigerian to play for United, it’s a good record for me in my career.

“I know that after I finish football, I are going to know what we are talking about, because I’m just so emotional right now, so I don’t think about those things too much.

“I just want to get started and get playing and start helping the team to do well.”

United gained a real taste of the club's popularity in Nigeria when playing a friendly match there in July 2008, just two months after landing both the Premier League and Champions League trophies.

The game - at which our main image above was taken - was held at the Abuja National Stadium where FA Cup winners Portsmouth provided the opposition. Chris Eagles and Carlos Tevez scored for the Reds in a 2-1 win watched by a passionate crowd of around 30,000.

United's chief executive at the time, David Gill, was quoted as saying: “Our own research has shown Nigeria is home to our fourth largest fan base - some 13.6 million supporters - so this is an opportunity for us to say thank you to those fans.”

www.manutd.com
Old 06-02-2020, 08:27 AM   #14
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Manchester United's shock signing Odion Ighalo on watching Andy Cole as a boy, taking a huge 50% pay cut to move to Old Trafford and why there were street parties in Nigeria on deadline day

* Odion Ighalo opens up on completing his dream move to Manchester United
* He has been playing in China for Shanghai Shenhua and scoring regularly
* Ighalo took a £165,000-a-week pay cut to complete a loan move to Old Trafford
* United paid a £4million loan fee to bring the 30-year-old back to England
* The Nigerian revealed how he idolised Andy Cole growing up as a United fan

Diehard Manchester United fan Odion Ighalo insists he didn't think twice when taking a massive pay cut in order to complete a shocking deadline-day move to Old Trafford.

With Ole Gunnar Solskjaer short in attack, United frantically searched high-and-wide for potential forwards to fill the void left by an injured Marcus Rashford, before deciding to bring Ighalo in on loan just minutes before the window shut.

Having signed for Shanghai Shenhua in February last year, Ighalo has played all of his football in China since leaving Watford but is now ready to return to the Premier League with a bang – and he couldn't be happier that it will be with the club he's supported his whole life.

Odion Ighalo has described his deadline-day move to Manchester United as a 'dream'

Speaking in his first interview since completing his last-minute switch, Ighalo told the club's official website: 'I'm very happy. First, I want say thank God for making this happen and it's just like a dream come true for me.

'People that know me, even back in Nigeria, and even when I was playing at Watford, my team-mates knew that I loved Man United, I support them. When I played against Man United, that emotion is there, because it is my dream.

'It is a nice reality, so I'm very happy and I'm looking forward to start.'

While he was originally on £330,000-a-week at Shanghai Shenhua, Ighalo was more than willing to take a huge financial hit to make his dream a reality.

Sportsmail understands United have paid the Chinese side a £4million loan fee and are paying Ighalo £165,000-a-week until the end of the season – a financial hit the forward said he didn't care about as long as the deal went through.

The 30-year-old has been playing in China for Shanghai Shenhua and was scoring regularly

Ighalo helped Watford win promotion from the Championship to the Premier League in 2015

'It was very dramatic,' the forward insisted. 'My agent called me the day before and said Man United. I would love to go. A few other clubs had shown interest, I said please, just pick United, if it’s going to be possible.

'At 11pm in Shanghai, my agent called me [to say] that United want to do the deal, so I woke up that night and started looking for a translator to go to the directors' room and hit his door and all that.

'I didn’t sleep throughout that night, because it was going to end at 7am, Shanghai time, and the transfer [window] is going to close there.

'So, from 11pm, there was paperwork, negotiating and all that, for the loan deal and all that, so we are talking and other teams are calling them, wanting me, but I told my agent that this is what I want.

'He said you’re going to get a pay-cut to go to United. I said I don’t care. Make this deal happen. I want to go to United. I don’t care how much is the pay-cut, I know that, make it happen.'

After the paperwork was finalised, an excited Ighalo called his mother to tell her the good news.

Quote:
IGHALO'S RECORD

In all competitions

WATFORD

2014-15 (Championship) 38 games, 20 goals

2015-16 (Premier League) 42 games, 17 goals

2016-17 (Premier League) 19 games, 2 goals

TOTAL 99 games, 39 goals

CHANGCHUN YATAI

2017 (Chinese Super League) 27 games, 15 goals

2018 (Chinese Super League) 28 games, 21 goals

TOTAL 55 games, 36 goals

SHANGHAI SHENHUA

2019 (Chinese Super League) 19 games, 10 goals

NIGERIA

2015- 35 games, 16 goals
'She was happy, crying and all that,' Ighalo explained. 'This is your dream and all that and I’m happy for you. It was dramatic, I didn’t sleep through, I was very happy that finally we got the deal done.'

The move will also see Ighalo try and follow in the footsteps on his United heroes, Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke, who he idolised when growing up in Nigeria.

He added: 'When we were young back in Nigeria we used to watch the Premier League on TV a lot, when the likes of Andy Cole used to play. People support Man United a lot back there in Nigeria, so I developed that love, because all of my siblings, they are Man United fans.'

News of Ighalo's shock move to Old Trafford sparked parties on the streets of Nigeria, with many of his friends and family celebrating the transfer.

'It was crazy because, all over the news for the last few days, is about my deal to Man United. Even the street I grew up on, they are doing parties, celebrating Ighalo signing for United.

Dwight Yorke (left) and Andy Cole (right) were Ighalo's idols while he grew up in Nigeria

'They sent me the video, I was just laughing and happy, because many of them are supporting Man United and some of them are supporting some other teams in the Premier League.

'But they said, because of me, they are moving to United, because they have a very big fan-base in Nigeria. So I am happy about all this and they are rooting for United from now on.'

There will be no worries of Ighalo adapting to the pace of top flight football in England considering his successful period at Vicarage Road.

The Nigeria international formed a deadly partnership with Hornets skipper Troy Deeney and is already looking forward to playing alongside Anthony Martial, Mason Greenwood and Rashford.

'These players are great players,' Ighalo said. 'You need someone in the middle that can keep the ball, hold the ball, because I’ve watched so many United games. So they need a physicality there up front to keep the ball, to give and to make some movement, which I believe, if everything goes well, I can add to the team.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7969493/Odion-Ighalo-watching-Andy-Cole-boy-taking-huge-pay-cut-Manchester-United.html
Old 09-02-2020, 06:36 PM   #15
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Gara-gara Virus Corona, Odion Ighalo 'Dikarantina' MU
Yanu Arifin - detikSport

Manchester - Odion Ighalo terpaksa 'dikarantina' Manchester United, di tengah wabah virus corona. Pemain Nigeria itu tidak dibawa ke pemusatan latihan di Spanyol.

MU mendatangkan Ighalo berstatus pinjaman hingga akhir musim. Pemain berusia 30 tahun itu diangkut dari klub Liga Super China, Shanghai Shenhua, pada penutupan bursa transfer musim dingin atau 31 Januari 2020.

Lantaran belum genap dua pekan datang dari China, Ighalo terpaksa tidak bisa mengikuti pemusatan latihan MU di Spanyol, selama winter break Liga Inggris. Eks pemain Watford itu ditinggal di Manchester.

Ada kekhawatiran Ighalo tidak bisa kembali ke Inggris jika dibawa ke Spanyol. Pasalnya, Inggris memberlakukan aturan ketat bagi mereka yang baru saja melakukan perjalanan ke China di tengah mewabahnya virus corona--yang sejauh ini sudah menelan 720 lebih korban jiwa.

"Odion akan tetap di Manchester, sebab dia datang dari China dalam rentang 14 hari ini," kata manajer Ole Gunnar Solskjaer di situs resmi klub.

"Karena situasi di China, kami tidak yakin dia diizinkan kembali ke Inggris jika meninggalkan negara lagi, jadi dia akan berlatih di sini ditemani pelatih pribadi, dan menjalani program individu. Keluarganya pun bisa tenang di Inggris, itu nilai plusnya."

"Tentu saja dia inginnya bersama dengan pemain lain dan menjalin keakbraban, tetapi risiko itu [pengetatan di perbatasan], kami tidak ingin mengambilnya," jelasnya.

Selain Ighalo, beberapa pemain bintang seperti Paul Pogba dan Marcus Rashford juga absen di pemusatan latihan nanti. Adapun MU terbang ke Marbella, Spanyol, pada Sabtu (8/2) waktu setempat.
Old 09-02-2020, 06:44 PM   #16
Andi Istiabudi
manager

IGHALO REGISTERED FOR THE EUROPA LEAGUE

Manchester United have confirmed Odion Ighalo has been registered for the Europa League and will be eligible for the upcoming tie against Club Brugge.

The Nigerian has not attended the training camp in Spain, with manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer revealing to us his latest signing will continue to work in Manchester, before linking up with his new colleagues on their return.

The deadline-day arrival from Shanghai Shenhua could be involved when the Reds travel to Belgium in the round of 32 on Thursday 20 February.

The game comes hot on the heels of our next Premier League assignment, at Chelsea, on the Monday night (17 February).

Fellow January signing Bruno Fernandes is also available to feature for United in the competition, despite representing Sporting Lisbon in the group stages.

The Portugal international benefits from a change in the cup-tied rules in European games.

United lifted the trophy in 2017 and victory in the Europa League continues to guarantee a spot in the following season's Champions League.

www.manutd.com
Old 10-02-2020, 08:05 AM   #17
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

New arrival Odion Ighalo in the clear for Manchester United's trip to face Club Brugge despite missing training camp over coronavirus alert

* Striker Odion Ighalo will be allowed to travel with Manchester United to Bruges
* Ighalo missed the United's Marbella training camp over the coronavirus alert
* He will work on an individual programme with personal performance coach
* 30-year-old is likely to make his United debut against Chelsea on February 17

Odion Ighalo will be able to travel with Manchester United for their Europa League tie in Bruges next week despite having to miss the club’s training camp in Marbella over the coronavirus alert.

Ighalo, a deadline day signing from Chinese club Shanghai Shenhua, was left in Manchester when the United squad flew to Spain on Saturday amid fears he would not be allowed back into the UK if border controls are tightened this week.

The Nigeria striker is among the travellers to the UK from China being monitored for 14 days, although he did not have to go into quarantine because he arrived from Shanghai not Wuhan where the coronavirus originated.

That two-week period runs out on February 16 and United have confirmed that Ighalo will be free to travel to Belgium to face Bruges a week on Thursday after being added to their Europa League squad.

The 30-year-old, who has moved to Old Trafford on loan until the end of the season, is expected to make his debut against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge three days earlier.

Ighalo’s absence from this week’s warm-weather training camp in Marbella is still a setback for manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer who was hoping the former Watford striker could get to know his new teammates and integrate into the squad.

New Manchester United signing Odion Ighalo will be allowed to travel with the club to Belgium. Ighalo had to miss United's training camp in Marbella because of the coronavirus alert

The player will instead work on an individual programme with personal performance coach Wayne Richardson, training alongside the Great Britain taekwondo squad in Manchester.

Explaining the decision to leave Ighalo behind, Solskjaer said: ‘Odion will stay in Manchester because he came from China in the last 14 days.

‘The virus there means we are not sure if he would be allowed back into England if he leaves the country again. So he is staying and working with a personal coach on an individual programme. His family then can settle in England as well, so that’s a plus.

‘Of course, he might have liked to have come with the players and got to know them but we don’t want to take the risk.’

Paul Pogba and Marcus Rashford have also stayed in Manchester as they recover from injury, along with third-choice goalkeeper Lee Grant who could be out for up to three months following surgery.

Scott McTominay and Axel Tuanzebe, who have both been out of action since December, trained apart from the rest of the squad at the Marbella Football Centre on Sunday but could join in with the group later this week.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7984621/New-arrival-Odion-Ighalo-clear-Manchester-Uniteds-trip-face-Club-Brugge.html
Old 13-02-2020, 09:15 AM   #18
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Odion Ighalo 'BANNED from Manchester United training base' and has not joined up with squad at Spanish training camp over Coronavirus fears

* Manchester United signed Odion Ighalo from Shanghai Shenua on long deal
* He arrived from China but has been working away from the first team squad
* Ighalo has been told to stay away from base due to outbreak of coronavirus
* United have taken precaution to make striker stay away for incubation period

Manchester United have banned new signing Odion Ighalo from the club's training ground due to fears over Coronavirus.

The striker, on loan from Chinese Super League side Shanghai Shenua is being made to train away from the AON Complex at Carrington while he is in the 14-day incubation period, according to the Mirror.

United have taken the precaution despite the fact that Ighalo did not arrive in the UK from Wuhan, where the virus originated.

The Nigerian will continue working with Manchester-based performance coach Wayne Richardson at the GB Taekwondo Centre in Manchester until Friday when he'll join up with the squad for the first time.

Coronavirus has already claimed more than 1,100 lives and concerns over border restrictions meant Ighalo did not join United for their warm weather training in Marbella.

There were fears that travellers from China might have issues entering and leaving the country so United decided not to take the risk.

Odion Ighalo has been training away from Manchester United's base due to coronavirus fears. Ole Gunnar Solskajer did not want to take the risk of including Ighalo on the training camp

On the loanee's absence, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said: 'Odion will stay in Manchester, because since he has come from China in the last 14 days, the news of the virus there means we're not sure if he's going to be allowed back into England if he leaves the country again.

'So he's staying here working with a personal coach on an individual programme and his family then can settle in England as well. That's a plus.

'Of course, he might have liked to have come with the players and got to know them, but we don't want to take that risk [of potential border restrictions tightening].'

The lack of preparation with his new team-mates is far from ideal with United facing top four rivals Chelsea this weekend.

Solskjaer will hope his new man hits the ground running as Marcus Rashford is sidelined with a double stress fracture to his back.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7997623/Odion-Ighalo-BANNED-Manchester-United-training-base-Coronavirus-fears.html
Old 13-02-2020, 10:05 AM   #19
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Lumayan hikmahnya adalah ada waktu 14 hari untuk adaptasi dengan cuaca Inggris
Old 17-02-2020, 09:48 AM   #20
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'If you impress, it gives you a chance': Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says Manchester United were not desperate when they snapped up Odion Ighalo... and leaves door open for striker to make permanent switch after loan spell

* Manchester United signed Odion Ighalo on loan at the end of the winter window
* But Ole Gunnar Solskjaer denied there was an element of desperation to move
* He also suggested Ighalo had opened the door to a permanent switch

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has denied that Manchester United's deadline day signing of Odion Ighalo was an act of desperation – and left the door open for the Nigeria striker to make his loan move permanent.

Ighalo is set to be in United's squad to face Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Monday after training with his new teammates for the first time on Sunday.

The 30-year-old missed last week's training camp in Marbella and even stayed away from the club's Carrington base due to concerns over the coronavirus following his move from Shanghai Shenhua.

Manchester United signed Odion Ighalo on loan at the end of the January transfer window. But Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has insisted it was not an act of desperation from his side. Solskjaer also implied Ighalo could impress enough to earn a permanent move to United

United have been criticised for leaving it until the final hours of the January transfer window to sign a player who has spent the last three years in China since leaving Watford.

Asked if it smacked of desperation, Solskjaer said: 'He's a loan player that we're very happy with having here.

'Hopefully he'll prove to you what I think he will. He's a proven goal scorer so he'll do alright.'

On the unlikely prospect of boyhood United fan Ighalo making a permanent move to Old Trafford, Solskjaer added: 'When you're in the door, and if you impress, it gives you a chance.

'That's exactly the same for everyone who signs, if it's permanent or if it's a loan. If you impress as a player, if you impress as a person, if you can help this group improve, of course there's a chance we'll look at extending things and signing.

'That doesn't just go for Odion but, yes, his incentive is to play as well as he can and it's up to us to make sure he wants to stay if we want him.'

Having beaten Chelsea in the Premier League and Carabao Cup already this season, United go to Stamford Bridge with two new signings in Ighalo and Bruno Fernandes to play a Chelsea team who didn't add to their squad in January.

'It's not just us and Chelsea but I'm very happy with the two guys we've brought in,' said Solskjaer.

'To finally have got Bruno over the line after following him for so long and just seeing what he can give us has been great, and it will be great to integrate Odion as well.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8010629/Odion-Ighalo-make-permanent-Manchester-United-switch-impresses-Solskjaer.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 15
alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, Andi Istiabudi, Artson_Toraja, B4YU, h-ANG, iamsetia, penk22_, Rendi Pardi, rio vander vidic, robby7beckham, tumpal_oneunited, Van_Munandar, zudomiriku