United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 18-11-2009, 04:27 PM   #21
K3nny_11
academy
-

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
K3nny_11 Ready for being a real United Indonesia
Default Re: Joshua King

me LIKE his name !!!!!!!

he'll be our new KING hopefully... king of viking.. hehe...
K3nny_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2009, 06:34 AM   #22
Oom Panda
captain
Juragan Sempak

Thanked 1,075 Times in 531 Posts
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Oom Panda is a glorious beacon of lightOom Panda is a glorious beacon of lightOom Panda is a glorious beacon of lightOom Panda is a glorious beacon of lightOom Panda is a glorious beacon of lightOom Panda is a glorious beacon of lightOom Panda is a glorious beacon of light

King and Eikrem... Norway and United's Next gem of Diamonds..
Oom Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2009, 12:21 AM   #23
drivemein
first team
-

drivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nice

‘The Boy Has Got Skills’ – Man United’s Josh King
-footballfancast.com-

Manchester United’s Norwegian connection has been a lucrative one. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer cemented his place in United history when he scored the winner in the 1999 Champions League final. Ronny Johnsen played a hand in helping United win 4 league titles and an FA Cup and Henning Berg was a part of United’s treble winning team.

Now a new generation of Norwegians are ready to carve out careers at Old Trafford. Midfielder Magnus Eikrem has been lighting up the reserves and could be knocking on the door of the first team very soon whilst creative playmaker and former Norway’s U-16 captain Etzaz Hussein is making waves in the academy.

But the Norwegian that is creating the most buzz at Old Trafford without a doubt must be Josh King.

Playing for Vaalerenga’s U19 team at the tender age of 15 did not faze King (who probably did not look out of place as he was 5ft 9” at the time) and he was taken on trial at United. After impressing, he joined on his 16th birthday in January 2008 where he went into the academy and despite being plagued with injury, when he did play he impressed.

His progression through the ranks inevitably meant that he would move up to reserve level and play for his fellow country man Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and this August he started his first game for the reserves against Bolton and showed why he could very well be heir to the Old Trafford crown as he ran Bolton’s back line into the ground as well as setting up Zoran Tosic for the United’s 2nd goal in a 3-1 win.

King carried on in this rich vein of form but really shone in October as he grabbed a brace against Sunderland’s reserves along with Magnus Eikrem in a 4-0 win.

The performance was enough to catch the eye of United boss Sir Alex Ferguson who handed the two young Norwegians squad numbers, King, 41, Eikrem, 42 and placed both in the Carling Cup squad to face Wolves.

A natural athlete, King is powerful and tall, using his size as well as skill to beat players. It also helps that he is also very quick both with and without the ball. Technically sound, he can play on either wing but is predominantly a striker with a keen eye for goal.

One of the things that impressed people most, beyond his startling ability, is the fact that he is so mentally strong. He made the jump from academy to reserve football without the slightest of problems and even in his Carling Cup cameo he was not overawed by the occasion like some may have been. He ran with the ball, took defenders on (making one look silly with a cheeky bit of skill) and most importantly was not afraid to have a shot, forcing Marcus Hahnemann to make a save at his near post.

Obviously with all young players there are a multitude of things that can hamper development as so many potential world beaters have faded into obscurity (Danny Cadamarteri was highly touted as England’s next nig thing but after a spell at Huddersfield Town, now plays for Dundee United), but coming so highly regarded by all involved with him, if Josh King fulfils just some of his potential United could have yet another star on their hands.

drivemein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 06:07 AM   #24
Supernan
first team
dope

Thanked 1,534 Times in 637 Posts
Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Supernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of light

Catching up with Joshua King

Posted by nickogs20 on June 28, 2010

While the World Cup is dominating the headlines and club news is thin on the ground, the start of pre-season training is nearly upon us and we’ve been alerted to an interview that promising United striker Joshua King has given back in his native Norway ahead of his return to Manchester. Joshua talks about his time with the Reds so far, his first-team debut last season, how he’s been spending his summer and plenty more.

Credit to Groruddalen’s Kenneth Fossheim for the interview and Preben for the translation.

- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – -

In his two years at Manchester United, Joshua King has matured both as a footballer and as a person. Now, he’s ready to take the next step with the Red Devils.

- “I’m really satisfied with life in Manchester, and professionally at Manchester United. But it’s of course been a tremendous help having my mum with me for the first few years.”

This summer though, King’s mum is going back to Norway on a permanent basis, and young Joshua will have to take care of himself while seeking the ultimate dream of a professional career at one of the worlds biggest clubs.

Since Josh made his move at the tender age of 16, a lot has happened to his physique as well. The small kid is now 6″1, and he’s really well built.

- “We train from 10 am to Noon, then we have lunch together, before we have another session in the afternoon”, he says.

Josh has had quite a few injuries over the last season, including both his ankles and his groin. Those injuries has given him the opportunity to spend a lot of hours in the gym.

- “It might have been a blessing in disguise to have been injured. It’s enabled me to spend a lot of time in the gym, and my physique has really improved which is a big help. The English game is so physically demanding, and I really need every ounce of body weight to be competitive.”

On the field, Joshua has been playing for Manchester United’s U-18s. He’s also had some appearances for the reserves, and he got his reward for his good form when he came on as a sub in the League Cup against Wolverhampton Wanderers.

- “The tempo in England is a lot higher than what it is in Norway. At the same time the opponents are a lot stronger, and you really have to be on top form. But, I believe in myself, and in my abilities.”

When Joshua’s mother leaves this summer, he’s got to live on his own.

- “I think I’ll be fine, I’m a good chef, so I think I’ll manage just fine!”

Joshua quit school when he left for Manchester. Nonetheless the club is giving him the opportunity to attend school.

- “I’ve been attending school two times a week, for the last two years, but I finished that this spring”, he says.

When moving to another country the language will always be a problem at first.

- “The language has been no problem at all. In fact I’ve got a lot of praise for my English. That’s down to all my travels to Gambia as a kid, I didn’t speak the language, and therefore I had to speak English.”

King is born in Oslo, his mother is Norwegian, while his father is from Gambia. Just like a certain John Carew.

At the moment King is in Norway on holiday, but he’s still training very hard.

- “I train at the Norwegian Olympic Center with Norway’s fastest sprinter, Jaysuma N’dure, and his coach. Coming back to England in anything else than top shape is just not a option whatsoever.”

In September last year, his boyhood dream was fulfilled when he replaced Danny Welbeck 9 minutes from time in the League Cup.

- “That was a magnificent day, I was very nervous but I think I did just fine.”

- “Many people will say that I’m living the dream, but I really don’t think they know how tough this is. But you know, I can’t complain, I’m making a living doing what I enjoy the most in the whole world”, he says.

Even though Joshua is just 18 years old, he’s already trained and played with some of the best players in the world.

- “Paul Pogba, and Magnus Eikrem are the two best players I’ve played with in the Reserves. Anderson on the other hand is the most fun off the pitch.”

Even though he lives a long way from his native Romsås, he still keeps in contact with his buddies from school.

- “We talk all the time, and I’m with them all the time when I’m home on vacation.”

Jim Solbakken is King’s agent, and he thinks Joshua can go just as far as he wants.

- “He can go very far, but if he gets sloppy, he might not make it at all. Joshua has been very lucky that his mother has been living with him now in the start, and that’s helped him a lot through the hard period of training he’s had over the last years.”

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Individual Win Games, But Teams win Titles
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Supernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 09:40 AM   #25
moris33
captain
-

Thanked 1,460 Times in 620 Posts
Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
moris33 is a name known to allmoris33 is a name known to allmoris33 is a name known to allmoris33 is a name known to allmoris33 is a name known to allmoris33 is a name known to allmoris33 is a name known to all

Visit moris33's Facebook Visit moris33's Twitter

Ketinggalan berita, baru tau dan baru lihat di youtube, emang keren maennya

Tp gaya bermainnya jadi ingat Eden Hazard yg katanya lg didekati MU (mungkin krn gaya bermainnya yg mirip CR jd dikait2kan dgn MU)
moris33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:13 AM   #26
Redsbusby
The Bullshitter

Thanked 3,073 Times in 1,811 Posts
Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Redsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond repute

Saya pertama dgr Josh King pas dy bersama Petruci, Macheda, dan Diouf membombardir tim manaa gt di Reserves... bener2 pemain yg Worthed nih, ngga salah om Ole nemuin bakatnya dari bekas timnya dolo, Molde. Sipp deh, moga kesempatan buat dy lebih banyak lg musim depan

THE ONLY THING WE WANT TO LOSE THIS SEASON IS THE DEBT
Redsbusby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2010, 09:27 PM   #27
drivemein
first team
-

drivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nice

Hayes: Long live the King
-teamtalk.com-

Preston striker Paul Hayes believes on-loan Manchester United striker Josh King is destined for a bright future in the game.

Hayes scored the only goal in Saturday's morale-boosting win over Portsmouth at Deepdale.

Although Hayes was on the scoresheet, the 18-year-old King also caught the eye with a fine performance alongside him.

Hayes said of the teenager: "It was good to play up front with Josh, we have four strikers at the club and we play in different ways.

"Josh is a good player, you're not at Manchester United for no reason and he gives us something different with his pace and trickery.

"Sometimes you don't realise he is only 18. With a bit more composure he would have scored himself."
drivemein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:22 AM   #28
hendiplast
captain
ONE OK ROCK - The Beginning

Thanked 1,534 Times in 978 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
hendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to behold

King uncertain over future
Teenage striker surprised by timing of loan move

Manchester United teenager Josh King does not know what the future will hold when his three-month loan at Preston comes to an end.

The striker has made six appearances for Darren Ferguson's Preston since signing on a temporary basis in August.

King, 18, was surprised to be sent on loan by United boss Sir Alex Ferguson, the father of Darren, at such an early stage in his career and he does not know where he will be playing come the conclusion.

"I didn't think I'd be going out on loan this early, I thought maybe it might happen after Christmas," King told the Lancashire Evening Post.

"When the boss at United told me Preston wanted to take me on loan, it was a bit of a surprise. But I'm glad I came here, I'm enjoying it.

"I'm on a three-month youth loan as it stands, I don't know what is going to happen after that.

"United are monitoring me here, I still go back there sometimes to do a bit of extra finishing work with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who coaches the reserves."

Sky Sports
hendiplast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2011, 08:17 PM   #29
fredrian.seven
captain
Welcome Mou

Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
fredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant future

Selamat King... moga musim depan progres makin bagus. Dapet saingan berat musim depan, Will Keane...

Josh King pens new Man Utd contract
26.05.11 | tribalfootball.com

Josh King has signed a new contract with Manchester United to 2013.

Earlier in the campaign, the 19-year-old picked up some valuable experience during a loan spell with Preston in the Championship.

King is a versatile forward with explosive pace and was on the substitutes' bench for the first team's 4-0 victory at Wigan.

Although showing a real eye for goal when playing through the middle, the teenager was also deployed in a wider role towards the end of the term.
fredrian.seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2011, 10:13 PM   #30
World77
-

World77 has no contributions yet

diperpanjang nih kontraknya...hot prospect bagi MU...
World77 is offline   Reply With Quote

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 40
aldysetiabudi, Andi Istiabudi, cie_1, dery pramudito, dudut, fadilbedil, febza, fey777, fredrian.seven, h-ANG, ilz, just.fluke, M alfa faindra, Mahesa_Jenar, MUFC1878, oldark, red, revald, rio vander vidic, Rizana, rizky na, sepatu_ancur, SR 7, Trezz Kiko, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, uicb-dyz, UNITED1878, united7, VaDLi, Van_Munandar, Victory, vivasoilsolid, w.keane27, wahyou91, wira_ozora, zudomiriku, [skywalker]