United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > OUTSIDE UNITED > General Football > Club Watch

Old 14-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #101
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tottenham Deliberate over Sacking Redknapp

Tottenham's Daniel Levy deliberates over sacking Harry Redknapp

• Redknapp adamant he will not quit
• David Moyes strong candidate to take over

Harry Redknapp's future as Tottenham Hotspur manager is shrouded in uncertainty after it emerged that he is in conflict with the chairman, Daniel Levy, over a new contract.

Redknapp has no intention of resigning but could be sacked by Levy, who is furious at the manner in which the club missed out on Champions League qualification. Tottenham had a 10-point cushion in February and the chairman holds his manager responsible for the failure. The pair are due to hold talks imminently.

Levy suspected Redknapp's protracted link to the then vacant England manager's job led him to take his eye off the ball. The relationship between the pair has been spiky for some time, with each having the capacity to rub one another up the wrong way, and Levy is unwilling to meet Redknapp's demand for a lengthy new contract to replace his existing deal, which has 12 months to run.

Leading figures within the Premier League managerial fraternity say that it would not surprise them were Redknapp to part company with Tottenham. David Moyes, the Everton manager, would be the strong candidate to take over in the event of a vacancy. Moyes, too, has 12 months remaining on his contract and, despite holding several meetings with the Bill Kenwright, the Everton chairman, since the end of the domestic season, he has yet to sign a new deal.Brendan Rodgers, the new Liverpool manager, had his admirers at White Hart Lane, after impressing last season at Swansea City but his move to Anfield has taken him off the market.

Redknapp has had only informal arrangements with a personal agent in the past but he appointed Paul Stretford, who represents Wayne Rooney, among others, to conduct the negotiations with Levy over fresh terms. Levy was surprised to learn that Redknapp, 65, wanted three further years.

There has been public manoeuvring from Redknapp. He said last Tuesday that Levy ought to hurry up and offer him a new contract because the uncertainty could infiltrate the dressing-room if he were to enter the new season without an extension.

"It's not a case of me looking for security," Redknapp said. "What it's about is players knowing you've only got a year left on your contract and knowing that it doesn't work, basically. I think it's a situation of 'Well, he might not be here next year'. You don't let players run into the last year of their contract if you think they're any good and you don't let managers run into the last year of their contract if you think they're any good."

This appeared to fly in the face of Redknapp's contention that the talk linking him to the England job had zero effect on Tottenham's players and was not a cause for uncertainty. His comments went down very badly with Levy and it is clear Redknapp's position was not strong enough for him to make such suggestions. His timing was also unfortunate, coming in the wake of Levy suffering a bereavement.

There is no question, though, of Redknapp quitting. He spoke out after rumours circulated on Twitter that he had tendered his resignation. "I haven't resigned and I have no idea why it is being suggested that I have resigned," he told ESPN. "This is an outrage. It's an absolute liberty for people to be putting around this kind of rumour on the internet. It is not true. There is not a chance I will resign. Why should I? I have a year left on my contract."

Code:
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d7Kqk?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=world-football
kita liat kemana Bale, Modric, VDV berlabuh musim depan. apalagi Spurs gak berlaga di UCL musim depan. udah ditinggal om Harry, bakal ditinggal juga oleh pilar2nya. sepertinya sulit bagi Spurs untuk jadi saingan Big 4 musim depan IMO
Old 14-06-2012, 06:58 PM   #102
ollacarla
academy
UIJKT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
ollacarla has a spectacular aura aboutollacarla has a spectacular aura about
Visit ollacarla's Facebook Visit ollacarla's Twitter
Default Re: Tottenham Hotspur - News and Rumors

Redknapp: Spurs would have booted me out even if we had reached Champions League

Harry Redknapp insists Tottenham would still have shown him the door even if he had managed to steer the north London club into the Champions League.

The 65-year-old, who has vowed to take another job after being sacked by Spurs on Wednesday night, says his future at the club has already been decided.

Tottenham finished fourth but were foiled in the European ambitions by Chelsea's stunning defeat of Bayern Munich in the 2011-12 final.

'We finished fourth and were unlucky at the end, but I think the same outcome would have happened,' Redknapp told BBC Radio Five Live.

'Even if we had finished fourth, the chairman would have gone down the same road. But that is football.

'I had four great years at Spurs. All you can do is leave the club in a better state than you found it and I did that, for sure.'

Redknapp is determined to secure a new managerial position, despite the sacking.

'I feel great, I am ready. Football keeps me going, that is what I will miss. But I am not one for sitting at home,' Redknapp explained.

'I'm not coming to the end, I feel fit as a fiddle.'

Where a new role would emerge remains to be seen. The only vacant post in the Premier League right now is at Swansea and it is unlikely Redknapp would be tempted by the role.

Should David Moyes be offered the Tottenham job, Redknapp may emerge as a contender for a unique swap.

However, he may feel it is the right time to take a lucrative post abroad - particularly in the Middle East.

The are a number of rich sides in the United Arab Emirates and Qatar that would be interested in offering Redknapp a job.

Redknapp explained his sacking was not finance related, instead it was based on the club's desire for a change.

'It was nothing to do with contracts or me asking for anything extra at all,' he said.

'The club just decided they wanted to have a change. They own the club, they can do what they want, so that is OK.'

He added: 'I kept my counsel about that all through. It had no effect, it was just a decision the chairman decided he wanted to make. That is their right to do that.'

On his departure from White Hart Lane, Redknapp said: ‘I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Spurs and am proud of my achievements.

‘I have had a fantastic four years with the club, at times the football has been breathtaking.

‘I am sad to be leaving but wish to thank the players, staff and fans for their terrific support during my time there.’

Redknapp was pleased to leave the fans with some happy memories from his tenure, even if he did not pick up any silverware.

'People who support Tottenham had lots to smile about, they were proud and that was important to me. I will never forget the fans,' insisted the sacked manager.

Chairman Daniel Levy said: ‘This is not a decision the board and I have taken lightly. Harry arrived at the club at a time when his experience and approach was exactly what was needed.

‘This decision in no way detracts from the excellent work Harry has done during his time with the club and I should like to thank him for his achievements and contribution. Harry will always be welcome at the Lane.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz1xlS2wAtR
ollacarla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2012, 08:10 PM   #103
ollacarla
academy
UIJKT

No Barca talks for Bale
But agent admits lack of Champions League football is an issue

Gareth Bale's agent admits it is a 'problem' that Tottenham have not made the UEFA Champions League but dismissed claims that he in talks with Barcelona.

Jonathan Barnett admitted that Spurs' asking price of £40million for the Wales international is 'too expensive' for the Catalan giants and he feels they will look concentrate their efforts on Valencia's Jordi Alba.

Barca are looking to bolster their left-sided options and Bale has long been on their radar, but they look to have pushed ahead with their move for Alba instead, who would cost less than half what Spurs want for their Welsh star.

Speaking to Catalan-based Sport newspaper, Barnett said that a likely asking price of £40million was too much for Barca.

"I think it's too expensive for the club," he admitted.

"To my knowledge, the club [Barcelona] has not made any offer for him.

"If interested, they would have to put money on the table and then start talking. But it seems that the club is working on the signing of Jordi Alba, a cheaper option."

Bale signed a new long-term contract at Tottenham last year, but the player himself has admitted he would not be against a move to the continent at some point in the future.

And Barnett acknowledges that the lack of Champions League football on offer at White Hart Lane could be an issue.

"Yes, it is clear that this is a problem," said Barnett.

"The big European clubs already know how much it would take to do the operation and therefore if you are interested you know what kind of offer has to be put on the table."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...talks-for-Bale
Old 14-06-2012, 08:35 PM   #104
ollacarla
academy
UIJKT

modric, come to united please

Corluka fears Modric exit
Spurs defender admits playmaker wants Champions League football

Vedran Corluka fears that Tottenham playmaker Luka Modric could follow Harry Redknapp out of the exit door at White Hart Lane.

The defender, who spent the second half of last season on loan at Bayer Leverkusen, will return to North London to play under a new manager following Redknapp's shock departure.

But the former Manchester City player believes Spurs' failure to secure UEFA Champions League football will force his Croatia team-mate to look elsewhere.

Spurs finished fourth in the Premier League but missed out on a return to the top table of continental competition after Chelsea's triumph over Bayern Munich in the final saw the Blues take England's remaining berth alongside Manchester City, Manchester United and Arsenal.
Very difficult

"We all know it will be very difficult for Spurs to keep Luka because they do not have Champions League football next season," he is quoted as saying in The Sun.

"Luka is one of the best players in the world and the kind who wants to play in the best competition.

"Not getting into the Champions League will cost Spurs next season, even though they were unlucky to get fourth place and still not be there."

Modric was a transfer target for the Blues last summer and has insisted he will not make any decision over his future until after this summer's European Championship.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...rs-Modric-exit
Old 15-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #105
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Redknapp Leaves Tottenham

Harry Redknapp Leaves Tottenham; Martinez, Moyes Tipped as Possible Successors

Harry Redknapp's Tottenham reign is over.

Redknapp has left Spurs after failing to agree on a new one-year deal at the club—prompting speculation that Tottenham's owners decided he is not the man to take them forward.

Spurs chairman Dan Levy said, as per Rob Beasley of The Sun:

This is not a decision the board and I have taken lightly.

Harry arrived at the club at a time when his experience and approach was exactly what was needed.

This decision in no way detracts from the excellent work Harry has done during his time with the club and I should like to thank him for his achievements and contribution.

Harry will always be welcome at the Lane.

The 65-year-old Redknapp arrived at White Hart Lane in October 2008.

His most notable achievement was qualifying Spurs for their first Champions League campaign in 2010, which saw them exceed expectations to reach the quarterfinals.

Last season Spurs looked on course to qualify for a second time, but Redknapp's team fell away from a position as title contenders to finish outside of the top four.

They could still have qualified, however, but for Chelsea's triumph in the Champions League final against Bayern Munich.

Some suggested Spurs' end-of-season slump was partly due to the inescapable rumours linking Redknapp to the England job.

After Fabio Capello resigned in March, Redknapp was quickly installed as the favorite to replace him and lead England into Euro 2012 and beyond.

We have since learned he would have taken the job.

But it wasn't to be. Roy Hodgson got the FA nod, and Redknapp was left to consider his future at Spurs.

As it turns out, there will be no future.

Here's what Redknapp said of his departure, as per The Sun:

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Spurs and am proud of my achievements.

I have had a fantastic four years with the club, at times the football has been breathtaking.

I am sad to be leaving but wish to thank the players, staff and fans for their terrific support during my time there.

Thoughts now turn to who Spurs will approach to replace him.

Everton manager David Moyes has already been mentioned, as has Wigan's Roberto Martinez.

Spurs will likely try to make a decision quickly, so as to give the new man time to act in the transfer market and shape his squad for the new season.

Code:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1221512-harry-redknapp-leaves-tottenham-martinez-moyes-tipped-as-possible-successors?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=world-football
__________________________________________________ _______________
Tottenham's charm offensive may tempt David Moyes from Everton

• The Everton manager is currently on holiday in the US
• Moyes has 12 months remaining on existing contract

David Moyes entered end-of-season talks with Bill Kenwright seeking the "chink of light" that would persuade him to sign a contract extension with Everton. Its absence has presented Daniel Levy with opportunity to end the Premier League's third longest managerial reign should Tottenham Hotspur decide to replace the abandon of Harry Redknapp with the pragmatism of the Everton manager.

Five weeks on from the first of several conversations with the Everton chairman, Moyes' new contract remains unsigned. He has 12 months to go on his existing deal, just as Redknapp did at White Hart Lane minus the fuss and manoeuvring, and today finds himself where he usually is at this time of year: on holiday in the US, with concerns over the direction of Everton for baggage.

There is no budget to speak of for new signings, his best players are coveted by Manchester United and Chelsea and with the bank showing more interest in the club's finances than new investors, there are no guarantees Moyes would receive all of the proceeds from player sales.

The Everton manager has been here before and received several invitations to leave the serial frustrations of Goodison Park behind. They have all been politely declined, including a tempting offer from a Spanish club last summer, as Moyes has repaid the loyalty shown to him by Kenwright during troubled times. It may be different should Spurs go on a charm offensive.

Moyes retains a desire to coach abroad but what will shape his next career step is the hunger that brought him to Everton's attention with Preston North End in 2002. "I want to be able to compete and I want to be ambitious," he reiterated in his final pre-match press conference of last season. That comes as no surprise from a man who, when asked his target for the coming campaign, replies every August: "To win the league."

Before a 2-0 defeat at Tottenham in January, the 49-year-old openly lamented the widening gulf between the two clubs. Where Everton and Spurs once vied for European places, Moyes saw only a stark contrast between a club that gave the bulk of Mikel Arteta's £10m transfer fee from Arsenal to the bank and one who "have always supported whatever manager they've had, whether that be Juande Ramos, Martin Jol or Harry Redknapp. They have always backed their managers." It appeared inevitable at that stage that Moyes would reach his 10-year anniversary as Everton manager in March but would not get to the 11th.

By the season's close, however, a parting was not so clear-cut and it is not a foregone conclusion that Moyes will be Tottenham's next manager. He has complete control over football operations at Everton and his loyalty to the club extends to his players, particularly new signings and those recently convinced to sign new contracts. His conservatism on the field, which produced a watershed moment for many Everton supporters when it invited defeat in the FA Cup semi-final against Liverpool last season, must also be considered by Levy.

Moyes would counter that his tactics are tailored to the players he can afford to buy, that reaching the semi-final was an achievement given last season's problems, and he can rightly point to the fine football Everton produced when Arteta was at his peak and complimented by the likes of Steven Pienaar. A club with a defensive reputation as suspect as Tottenham's would also be keen on a manager who took Joleon Lescott, Leighton Baines and Phil Jagielka from Wolves, Wigan Athletic and Sheffield United respectively and turned them into England internationals at Euro 2012.

Everton and Moyes were transformed from January by a rare foray into the transfer market for Nikica Jelavic, and a seventh-placed finish reinvigorated the Scot. The final day's comprehensive defeat of a Newcastle United team chasing Champions League qualification illustrated that, with the right additions, Everton should be in European contention again next term.

Providing there are additions of course, and Everton resist United's interest in Baines and Chelsea's in Marouane Fellaini. Moyes was keen on signing Nick Powell from Crewe Alexandra before the England Under-18 international elected for Old Trafford. He also wants to re-sign Pienaar on a permanent basis from Spurs. The alarming aspect for Everton is that it would not take a lot to persuade him stay. As Moyes said before the season's finale against Newcastle: "We didn't need a great deal of money to change things around in January. With £5m we got Darron Gibson and [Nikica] Jelavic, and we also got Pienaar and Landon [Donovan] in on loan. Without an awful lot we gave ourselves a fighting chance and got Everton back on the rails again. We'd fallen off in the first half of this season. We don't need an awful lot. I just need to know there is a chink of light." He may find it appears in north London before Merseyside.

Code:
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d7KVL?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=world-football
__________________________________________________ ______________
Harry Redknapp says Tottenham sacking was inevitable

Harry Redknapp believes he would have been sacked by Tottenham even if they earned Champions League qualification.

The 65-year-old manager was dismissed on Wednesday evening after almost four years at White Hart Lane.

Despite finishing one point behind Arsenal in fourth last term, Chelsea's Champions League win denied Spurs a place in next season's competition.

"I think the same outcome would have happened, the chairman would have gone down the same road," said Redknapp.

Chairman Daniel Levy is said to be in no rush to replace Redknapp with Tottenham privately expressing a determination to conduct a "properly run process" to find their next manger.

David Moyes has been installed as an early favourite to succeed Redknapp by bookmakers but it is understood no approach has been made for the Everton manager. Sources close to Andre Villas-Boas claim he is not being considered, while Rafael Benitez, Roberto Martinez and ex-Spurs striker Jurgen Klinsmann have also been linked with the role.

Redknapp, meanwhile, has stressed he will be looking for another job in management after previous stints with Portsmouth, Southampton, West Ham and Bournemouth.

"You cannot sit around moping. That's not my game," he said. "I love football. I would suit any job. I don't think I am coming to the end of my career.

"Alex Ferguson is in his seventies and is still the best manager in the world. I am as fit as a fiddle."

Redknapp had a year left on his contract and was due to meet Levy this week to discuss his future, but he insists there are no hard feelings.

"What has happened is that I met with the chairman and the club decided to go in a different direction," he said. "That's their decision.

"I have had four fantastic years at Tottenham and have absolutely loved every minute. It couldn't have gone better for me.

"It is disappointing in some ways but that's football," Redknapp added.

"The people who own the club make their decisions. That is their right. I don't hold grudges. I don't worry what could have been.

"I have left behind fantastic players. It is tough because it is a team that could have gone on to win the Premier League. I just wish I had been part of that."

Redknapp led Tottenham to a fourth-place finish in 2009/10 to seal their first ever appearance in the Champions League, reaching the quarter-finals in 2010/11.

Spurs were briefly in contention for the Premier League title last season but slipped to fourth after Redknapp was installed as the favourite to replace Fabio Capello as England manager.

When Capello resigned on 8 February, Spurs were third in the league and 10 points clear of a faltering Arsenal, but they eventually finished a point behind the Gunners while the FA appointed Roy Hodgson.

However, Redknapp believes speculation about him succeeding Capello had no bearing on Levy's decision.

"I have kept my counsel all the way through and that was nothing at all to do with anything," he said.

Redknapp added: "It was nothing to do with contracts or me asking for anything. I had a year left and that was fine. The club decided to have a change. It is a decision the chairman decided to make."

Hodgson, who was preparing his England team to face Sweden, said he had sympathy for Redknapp.

"I was very sad to hear the news. I have texted him and don't expect a reply straight away because he will be snowed under," said the England boss.

"It's a major surprise. I'm disappointed for him and hope that the next job comes along for him very soon."

Code:
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d7KXb?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=world-football
Old 16-06-2012, 06:07 PM   #106
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Default Spurs Make Contact with Villas-Boas

Tottenham make contact with André Villas-Boas in search for new manager

• Harry Redknapp: 'I was not sacked over Champions League'
• David Moyes and Villas-Boas head manager shortlist

Harry Redknapp has said that Daniel Levy would have sacked him at Tottenham Hotspur even if he had achieved the target for the season of Champions League qualification, as the club considered making an approach to André Villas-Boas to replace him. Redknapp also expressed his disappointment at the decision and suggested that his face no longer fitted at the club.

Levy brought weeks of growing tension between the pair to a head on Wednesday when, after consulting with his board of directors, he informed Redknapp that his near four-year tenure was over as the club wanted to pursue a fresh direction. The decision was confirmed in a statement that was released at 3.37am on Thursday. Levy has begun the search for Redknapp's successor, with David Moyes prominent in his thinking together with Villas-Boas. The young Portuguese was sacked by Chelsea last season but he has his admirers at White Hart Lane. There has been contact via a third party and Villas-Boas would be keen to return to work in London.

Moyes is also highly regarded at Spurs but is not certain that he will be appointed as he remains committed to undertaking his preparations for the new season at Goodison Park. Moyes has returned to England from a break in the United States and he intends to travel to Euro 2012 on Monday. Neither he nor Everton has received any approach from Tottenham. But Moyes would, at the very least, give consideration to an offer. Tottenham intend to engage in a process, which suggests that other candidates will be considered.

Levy is aware that Rafael Benítez, the former Liverpool manager, is out of work and would be receptive to an approach.

Redknapp suggested that no matter what he did, his number was up at White Hart Lane. He guided the team to a fourth-placed Premier League finish but it was not enough to secure Champions League football after Chelsea's victory in the final over Bayern Munich.

"We finished fourth and were unlucky at the end but I think the same outcome would have happened," Redknapp said. "It's always disappointing but that's football. The people who run the club have to make decisions that they think are right and that's their decision. I abide by it. I don't spend my life holding grudges, thinking about what could have been. We all move on."

Redknapp did reflect on what might have been if he had been given longer in charge. He had wanted a long-term extension to his one-year contract but Levy refused to make him an offer. Redknapp always felt that Spurs "had a league title in them" and he continues to believe that he could have delivered it.

"The only disappointment is that I think it's a team that could have gone on and won the Premier League in a year or two. I just wish I had been able to see that through and be a part of that," he said. "What's happened is that I've met with my chairman and the club has decided that it wants to go in a different direction with the manager. That's their decision."

Redknapp said that he had a clause in his £3m-a-year contract that related to compensation but he worried about the future for his assistants Kevin Bond, Joe Jordan and Tim Sherwood. "That's my big worry," said Redknapp. "I had a conversation with the boys last night and I don't know. That's the trouble with this game, especially in their position."

Code:
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d7LpR?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=world-football
Old 17-06-2012, 03:02 PM   #107
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Default Shortening the Shortlist for the Shock Vacancy at Tottenham

How to shorten the shortlist for the shock vacancy at Tottenham

The bookies’ top ten as ever mixes natty names and expensive duds

Judging by the best prices available on each candidate, these are the ten men rated most likely to replace Harry Redknapp at Tottenham. Which ones should be approached? Allow The Spoiler to narrow the field…

David Moyes (7/4)
Is Moyesy finally about to become unglued from the Goodison Park dugout? He has earned a big break but, for no known reason, a Moyes-Spurs blend doesn’t feel like a winning one to The Spoiler.
Worth considering? Yes

Roberto Martinez (5/1)
Dave Whelan has yet to hold a press conference on the Spurs vacancy so there has been no enquiry yet. The Wigan manager’s CV looks a tad bare for a top-four side, even one lacking the traditional reward.
Worth considering? No

Andre Villas-Boas (8/1)
The squat specialist is a bit of a mystery: ridiculously successful at Porto then absurdly unsuccessful at Chelsea. Spurs’ squad requires enhancing rather than overhauling, suggesting a smoother transition.
Worth considering? Yes

Fabio Capello (9/1)
A spectacular failure with England apparently, provided you overlook the whole having the best win rate of any ever Three Lions boss thing. Capello has won the title with every club he has coached.
Worth considering? Yes

Fabio Capello (9/1)
A spectacular failure with England apparently, provided you overlook the whole having the best win rate of any ever Three Lions boss thing. Capello has won the title with every club he has coached.
Worth considering? Yes

Rafael Benitez (12/1)
Like Roberto Mancini and Arsene Wenger, Rafa is often ridiculed in the press for being foreign and not yet Jose Mourinho, but if you strike off his unwise stint at Inter, his managerial record is formidable.
Worth considering? Yes

Jurgen Klinsmann (14/1)
Despite much criticism along the way, Klinsmann’s spells in charge of Germany and Bayern were mildly successful, with the caveat that he didn’t actually win anything for employers accustomed to silverware.
Worth considering? No

Alan Pardew (20/1)
Pardiola was responsible, aided by some iffy lasagne, for one of the most embarrassing days in Spurs’ recent history. Has excelled at Newcastle, but needs another strong season there before moving.
Worth considering? No

Tim Sherwood (25/1)
Promoting a member of the coaching staff worked wonders when Martin Jol salvaged a messy situation involving Jacques Santini. The difference was, Jol had prior experience of being the main man.
Worth considering? No

Avram Grant (25/1)
Surely at least two noughts are missing off that price?
Worth considering? No

Luis Enrique (28/1)
Hyped as the new Pep Guardiola but failed miserably with an expensively assembled Roma squad, deciding that all that defensive mumbo-jumbo wasn’t worth worrying about.
Worth considering? No

Code:
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d7LpF?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=world-football
Old 22-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #108
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Default Villas-Boas Threatens to Quit Tottenham Manager Talks

André Villas-Boas threatens to quit Tottenham manager talks

• Villas-Boas unhappy at Daniel Levy courting rivals
• Laurent Blanc and Robert Martínez still in frame

André Villas-Boas is threatening to pull out of talks about replacing Harry Redknapp at Tottenham Hotspur after discovering the club are still speaking to other candidates at the same time as talking to him about the job.

Villas-Boas's information is also that Tottenham will sell Luka Modric to Real Madrid this summer and though that has not put him off the idea of returning to London, the former Chelsea manager is unhappy about what he perceives as mixed signals from White Hart Lane. In particular he is unimpressed the chairman, Daniel Levy, is still considering other options despite holding lengthy talks with him over the past week about taking over from the sacked Redknapp.

The Portuguese has complained to associates that "they are talking to 10 other coaches" and though that is clear exaggeration, it indicates how dismayed he is to learn that Levy has not identified him as the sole candidate.

Levy has had several discussions with Villas-Boas, as well as holding talks with the 34-year-old's representatives, but the headhunting process has also led Tottenham to explore the potential availability of the France manager, Laurent Blanc, as well as Roberto Martínez of Wigan Athletic and Ralf Rangnick, who stepped down as Schalke's coach last September.

Others may be on that list, including David Moyes of Everton, and Villas-Boas demonstrated during Liverpool's search for Kenny Dalglish's successor that he does not appreciate being one of many candidates. Officially, Liverpool's American owner ruled him out before appointing Brendan Rodgers but Villas-Boas had also said he was not interested after discovering he was not their first choice.

Villas-Boas is clearly not short of ego, despite his difficult and unsuccessful spell at Stamford Bridge, and his attitude is that a man who won the Portuguese league title, the domestic cup and the Europa League in his one full season with Porto should not be messed around – as if forgetting that his stint lasting eight and a half months at Chelsea was remarkable only for its bad results and his inability to win over key players.

He has talked of not being made to feel sufficiently wanted by Tottenham and though the situation can be repaired, he has indicated behind the scenes that if it continues he will remove himself from contention.

That puts pressure on Levy to accelerate the talks and, in essence, do more to massage Villas-Boas's bruised pride. Levy is determined to get this appointment right because he knows anything else but a Champions League finish would rebound badly on him next season given that Redknapp had led the club to two fourth-placed finishes and one in fifth in the past three seasons, only missing out on Champions League qualification last month when sixth-placed Chelsea beat Bayern Munich in the final.

Whether Villas-Boas is unhappy enough to go through with his threat remains to be seen, and the Modric situation is not a part of his thinking. The Portuguese, out of work since his sacking at Chelsea in March, is now convinced Modric will leave White Hart Lane. The 26-year-old Croatia international had asked for a transfer a year ago, acutely aware he could earn substantially more elsewhere when Spurs currently operate with a £70,000-a-week salary limit.

Tottenham rejected Chelsea's approaches at the time but Modric still wants to leave and Madrid's interest has been confirmed to Villas-Boas.

Manchester United are also long-term admirers but Modric's former Croatia team-mate Mate Bilic was quoted recently saying he expected the midfielder to move to the Bernabeu.

"I'm very good friends with Modric," said the Sporting Gijon striker. "He wants to play in the Spanish league. He loves the Premier League but he wants to play in Spain. He's very close to agreeing a move."

Vedran Corluka, Modric's team-mate for club and country, has also said during Euro 2012 that he expected the midfielder to go in search of Champions League football, having missed out on Chelsea's triumph last season.

Code:
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d7P06?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=world-football
Old 20-07-2012, 12:32 AM   #109
rondwisan
udah sebelas yaa :)

Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,701 Posts
Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Visit rondwisan's Facebook Visit rondwisan's Twitter

Spurs' King announces retirement

ESPNSoccernet - July 19, 2012

Tottenham Hotspur captain Ledley King has announced his retirement from football after 17 years at White Hart Lane.

King, 31, had suffered severe knee problems in recent years and, with his Tottenham contract up this summer, has decided to end his playing career. He will now take up an ambassadorial role with the North London club.

The former England international came through the youth ranks at Spurs and made his debut for the first team in 1998. He played 23 times last season but revealed in June that he was considering retirement.

The one-club man said he had no interest in moving elsewhere in an attempt to prolong his career, adding: "Tottenham has been the only club for me - and if I can't play here then I shall look to be involved in another capacity."

King's Spurs career saw him lift the Carling Cup after victory over Chelsea in 2008 and lead the team to Champions League qualification in the 2009-10 season.

He won the first of his 21 England caps against Italy in 2002, and his international career saw him play in Euro 2004 and the 2010 World Cup.

In a statement on the official Spurs website, King said: "I have been here since I was a boy. I have always considered it my club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team.

"I know that being a one-club man is a rarity these days, but I have always enjoyed being part of the set-up here. I would like to say thank you to everyone at the club, and to the fans.

"I have missed a lot of football over the years, but the Spurs fans have always been patient and incredibly supportive with me during difficult periods. Sadly, my injuries and inability to train have now finally brought an end to my career."

King said he was delighted to be taking on the ambassadorial role, adding: "I am pleased that I can continue to work within the club and for the local community, especially after the devastation caused by the riots last year."

The Spurs chairman, Daniel Levy, paid tribute to King on the official site, saying: "Ledley has made a magnificent contribution to this club as a wonderful player, captain and ambassador.

"It has been well documented how he has battled against injury over the years, and it is testament to the character of the man how he managed to sustain such high standards of performance on the pitch while providing such fine leadership.

"It is in an ambassadorial capacity that Ledley will continue, playing a crucial role in supporting the club's work in the community and the ongoing regeneration of the Tottenham area, whilst also being a hugely positive role model for our younger players."

Tottenham have announced that they will host a testimonial match in King's honour at the end of the season.

"It will undoubtedly be a special night at the Lane - the chance for fans and team-mates to pay tribute to one of the most gifted players in the history of the club,'' Levy said.
“Let’s not underestimate the other teams. They are very good teams and there are a lot of games to play before the end of the season. We’re in a good position. But that means nothing if you don’t win the next game.” - Dimitar Berbatov
rondwisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2012, 10:45 AM   #110
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Default Spurs Hold Out Over Modric Price

Luka Modric: Tottenham manager Villas-Boas says price must be met

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas has warned clubs chasing Luka Modric the midfielder will only be sold if their asking price of around £35m is met.

"There has been continuous interest from three different clubs," said Villas-Boas. "But it is important for Tottenham to hold onto their rights.

"His situation will continue as it is until the price is right."

The three clubs are believed to be favourites Real Madrid, Manchester United and Paris St-Germain.

Villas-Boas added: "It's important to understand his feelings. We have been speaking and I understand his point and he understands the club's point."

Modric, who joined from Dinamo Zagreb in 2008, first expressed his desire to leave White Hart Lane 12 months ago but Tottenham rejected his transfer request at the time and also a bid from Chelsea .

The 26-year-old Croat is under contract until 2016 but Villas-Boas admitted earlier in July, Modric was likely to be on his way .

"It's fair to say that the club respects Luka's ambitions and his willingness to move on and he respects the fact that he's an important player for the club and can help us move forward," said Villas-Boas as the time.

"Ongoing discussions will continue with these clubs until we reach an agreement which is acceptable for each party."

Modric has been capped 57 times by Croatia.

"Luka is an intelligent person and understands the club has to defend his value their values, rights and interests," added Villas-Boas.

"It's a difficult situation for the club but we have been co-operative by openly saying we are willing to listen to offers.

"But the offer has not been met to what the chairman Daniel Levy wants. If that is met there won't be any problems."

Modric for Spurs last season
Appearances: 51
Goals: 6
Assists: 5
Shots: 101
Shots on Goal: 33

Code:
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d81KT?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=world-football

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 93
AAM SR14, Aba_MaczUnited, adhe united macz, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, Alphin Ambo, Andi Istiabudi, arief_oct, Aso Chrisjefta, ayahocta, B.P.W, bang_zak, beckz_on7, bhowz, big_ganz, bimbim, Bloody "Devil" R3d, bombom, climen_7, daf, dalasviggi, DeE_, dudut, dulsun, ecly_watchaa, edroid, Efri Loebay, fadilbedil, Fajar_, fajrinited, fandyMUFC, fernandez, fey777, finza_13, FirdaAnnisa, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, ghopoereds, goodfron, h-ANG, HenryRooney07, iamsetia, ihsan_banget, irfan_mancunianred, irfi_1, irhamutd, ivanzferdinand, jifortin, LAM ILHAM, lisboa88, LZmtYMzeao, marsel david, MCR7, mspxxs4z, Muhammad Alam, novanprihasa, ollacarla, Om Juna, Oom Panda, OrangeCreativeDesign, paiman, penk22_, Redsbusby, reynaldo rad, rinoaguss, rio vander vidic, Riskur, rizluq, Ryan_lallo, setiawans001, SR 7, stamansa, taz_devil_utd, theater of dream, tri_roban, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, uicb-dyz, Van_Munandar, Victory, Vino17, willsuriana, wira_ozora, word89vkodv, xkeiszglf34, zudomiriku