United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 22-11-2018, 11:50 PM   #531
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,276 Times in 1,693 Posts
Mentioned: 145 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a name known to allAndi Istiabudi is a name known to allAndi Istiabudi is a name known to allAndi Istiabudi is a name known to allAndi Istiabudi is a name known to allAndi Istiabudi is a name known to allAndi Istiabudi is a name known to allAndi Istiabudi is a name known to all

Default Re: Christopher Lloyd "Chris" Smalling

Andi Istiabudi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 05:37 AM   #532
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a name known to allAndi Istiabudi is a name known to allAndi Istiabudi is a name known to allAndi Istiabudi is a name known to allAndi Istiabudi is a name known to allAndi Istiabudi is a name known to allAndi Istiabudi is a name known to allAndi Istiabudi is a name known to all

Tetap semangat, Bro!

SMALLING: WE DESERVED ANOTHER GOAL

Chris Smalling played through the pain barrier to complete the entirety of United's 2-2 draw with Arsenal – a game the defender described as “intense from zero to 90 minutes”.

Afterwards, he spoke exclusively to MUTV's Stewart Gardner. Scroll down to hear what United's no.12 had to say...

In the end, is that a good point? Or are you frustrated not to take all three?

“I think we’re frustrated. We took the initiative in both halves – especially in the second half. We were on the front foot and put them on the back foot. I thought maybe our aggression and intensity deserved another goal.”

There seemed to be a real high press and a lot of energy about the United team this evening – particularly the front three. Was that the plan tonight?

“Yeah, it was. We knew that they take risks from the back, that we’d be presented chances, and we knew that if we got after them we’d make it uncomfortable for them, and I felt like they were pretty uncomfortable for most of the night.”

Going behind is a bit of a habit for us but we keep on coming back, which I guess shows the spirit…

“Yeah. I think their first was a scrappy goal and, yeah, we were on the back foot again, but this team never gives up and you can see that.”

It sounded like you were struggling for the game – what has been your situation?

“I was a major doubt and I’ve not trained too much, but we’re in a time where the team comes first, and I’d give everything I can to get on that pitch and to help the boys as much as I can.”

There were quite a few players who hadn’t played for a while, some who probably weren’t fully fit, but still, for 96 minutes, they gave everything…

“You could probably say our whole backline has not played many minutes. I think it’s just important that everyone does what they can to make themselves available for the game, and has as much treatment and care as they can during the week.”

Dalot started his first Premier League game as well – were you impressed with him?

“Yeah, I was. He was very good, and so was Marcos [Rojo] and Eric [Bailly], who haven’t played so much either. To come into a game of that intensity – it wasn’t just spells of intensity, it was pretty much intense from zero to 90 minutes – it was very impressive.”

Did it feel intense when you were out there? It was certainly intense to watch!

“It was, and it really ramped up in that second half. It was quite end-to-end. You could see how much three points meant to both of us, so we were going for it. If we can bring that intensity to each game, it really lifts the crowd, because you could see how much they were vibing off it.”

Marcos hasn’t kicked a ball at all this season for United, but it showed what it means for him to play here…

“He’s been so unlucky with injuries, but you could see his aggression, his quality on the ball, and to be able to come into a game of this magnitude and high profile and put on the performance he has is very impressive.”

Are you still hopeful that by the early part of the New Year we will be closer to the top four?

“Yes. We have to decrease this gap that we’ve got right now, and we’ve had a few too many draws. But there are many games coming up, and it’s just about closing that gap now and getting within touching distance.”

Are you going to rest up for the weekend now and try and get ready for the next game in a few days?

“I think I won’t be doing much up until the next game [in terms of training] but I’ll be doing everything I can to make myself available.”

www.manutd.com
Old 16-12-2018, 11:34 PM   #533
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Selamat atas kontrak barunya, Chris !
Semoga kelak sampai pensiun dan gantung sepatu di United

Old 05-01-2019, 03:28 PM   #534
Andi Istiabudi
manager

SMALLING VALUES UNITED'S HISTORY IN THE FA CUP

Chris Smalling believes Manchester United's pedigree in the Emirates FA Cup has been restored in recent seasons.

The Reds have won the famous trophy 12 times – a record bettered only by Arsenal, who have one more triumph to their name. We also hold the joint-record of most appearances in the final with the Gunners having reached the showpiece on 20 occasions, including twice in the last three seasons.

The latest road to Wembley begins this afternoon (Saturday) when Championship side Reading visit Old Trafford in the third round, as they did in 2017 when the Reds ran out comfortable 4-0 winners.

After a long barren spell without lifting the FA Cup, United won the competition in 2016 and came close to replicating that triumph last term, only to suffer a narrow defeat against Chelsea in the final.

Speaking to United Review ahead of today’s tie against the Royals, Chris believes the Reds’ recent record in cup competitions should stand us in good stead in our bid to go one better this time around.

“We won it [the FA Cup] back in 2016 and reached the final last year – and of course we won the Europa League and the Carabao Cup as well, so that’s at least one cup final in each of the last three seasons,” said Smalling, in his exclusive interview with the club’s official matchday programme.

“I think, in general, we stand ourselves in very good positions when we go up against teams over 90 minutes in cup ties. I think that experience we’ve had over the last few years in all of the cup competitions is very useful and tees us up nicely for another crack at the FA Cup this year.”

The Reds have won 17 of our last 22 FA Cup ties, drawing two and losing three. Incidentally, the last two teams to knock us out before the final, both at the quarter-final stage, have gone on to reach the showpiece themselves – Arsenal won the competition in 2014/15 and Chelsea were runners-up in 2016/17 before losing to the Gunners at Wembley.

However, as we embark on hopefully another prolonged FA Cup campaign, Chris feels the unpredictable and open nature of the competition makes it so thrilling for players to be involved in.

“I think it just brings pure excitement for you,” he added. “No matter what happened the previous year – whether you won the cup or whether it brought you disappointment – it’s like a fresh start all over again and you’ve no idea who you’re going to get in the draw. That’s what makes it so exciting.”

www.manutd.com
Old 10-02-2019, 12:06 AM   #535
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Menurut teman-teman ???

Old 10-02-2019, 10:43 PM   #536
Andi Istiabudi
manager

SMALLING: THE MOOD IS AS GOOD AS EVER

Chris Smalling made an impressive return to first-team action in Saturday's 3-0 win at Fulham and the defender insists his Manchester United team-mates are “relishing” the tough run of fixtures ahead.

Our no.12 made his first appearance in two months, with his previous outing also against Fulham in a 4-1 win at Old Trafford in December, and helped the Reds to keep a clean sheet against his former club.

Paul Pogba's double, either side of a wonderful Anthony Martial solo strike, gave the Reds a comfortable victory at Craven Cottage which took Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side into the top four. And Smalling was pleased with the way United won after a tough opening to the game.

“The first 10 minutes was quite chaotic with the wind, the pitch wasn’t great and with [Aleksandar] Mitrovic and his style. I had to wake up and get focussed really quickly but, yes, it was nice to come back and get involved with the team, given the form that we are in,” he told MUTV.

“We needed to ride out that first 10 minutes and then every time we got the ball down and broke those lines, you could see Anthony [Martial] Paul [Pogba], Rom [Romelu Lukaku] it looked like we could score every time. I thought we created some great chances.”

'POGBA HAS GOT EVERYTHING'

Paul grabbed the headlines, and our Man of the Match award, after another stellar display - and Smalling is not surprised that the Frenchman is now displaying his immense talent. The centre-back also had some positive words about Pogba's fellow countryman and goalscorer, Martial.

“Paul has got everything, hasn’t he? And he is showcasing that,” Chris continued. “A big reason why we are in this form we are in is down to Paul, because he's not just scoring goals, he is assisting goals and he is controlling games as well, so we are very lucky to have a player like him in our team.

”Especially at the start of the game, we wanted to isolate Anthony [Martial] against the full-back [Denis Odoi] and, after the joy he was getting in the first 10 minutes, we just wanted to feed him as soon as [we could] and you could see the quality he has got.“

'THE FANS MAKE AWAY GAMES FEEL LIKE HOME MATCHES'

Smalling played for Fulham between 2008 and 2010 and he admitted that he enjoyed going back to Craven Cottage, especially when the United fans were in fine voice for the entire game.

“I like to come back to Fulham but, as an away supporter, to be able to get that whole stand, it almost feels like a home game when the fans are at it from the first to the 90th minute. As an away team, it is great to be able to come to an away ground and play in front of them.”

The win over Fulham means that the Reds have now leapfrogged Chelsea into fourth place in the Premier League, at least until the Blues play at Manchester City on Sunday, and Smalling believes it is testament to the form we have shown of late.

“We all knew the task we had in front of us and we all thought it would be tough and we still have a lot to do,” Chris added. “But I think the fact that we have been able to get those points and catch up so quickly is full credit to the squad and how well we have been playing, but now we are in fourth it is ours to lose.”

United now approach a crucial period in the season, with Paris St-Germain visiting Old Trafford on Tuesday evening for the first leg of our UEFA Champions League last-16 tie before the Reds travel back to London to face Chelsea in the Emirates FA Cup and then host fierce rivals Liverpool six days later.

Smalling insists he and his team-mates are well aware of the tests that lie ahead and are “relishing” the challenge, with the mood “as good as ever”.

He added: “We all knew the run of fixtures that we have coming up and we are all relishing that. We knew today it was about character and, if we can get up for PSG and Liverpool, it was about coming here and making sure we got the three points. The mood going into PSG is as good as ever.”

www.manutd.com
Old 14-02-2019, 08:25 PM   #537
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Target Smalling untuk MU: Finis 4 Besar dan Dapat Trofi, Lalu Juara Musim Depan
Redzi Arya Pratama - detikSport

Manchester - Chris Smalling menargetkan Manchester United finis di empat besar dan meraih trofi di musim ini. Untuk titel juara Premier League, musim depan MU akan jadi penantang serius.

Untuk kali pertama di musim 2018/2019, Manchester United masuk posisi empat besar klasemen Liga Inggris. Keberhasilan The Red Devils merangkak naik adalah berkat peran besar Old Gunnar Solskjaer, di mana MU meraih 10 kemenangan dari 11 laga perdana di kompetisi domestik.

Meski sudah masuk empat besar, MU masih tertinggal jauh dari Manchester City dan Liverpool di posisi teratas. Saat peluang menjadi juara sudah (nyaris) tertutup, MU ditarget untuk finis di empat besar dan meraih trofi di akhir musim nanti.

Untuk musim depan, MU diyakininya akan bisa bersaing jadi juara lagi.

"Butuh waktu untuk sampai ke sana (juara liga). Tapi, dalam dua bulan terakhir evolusi kami sangat baik. Kami akan ke sana (kandang PSG) dan memberikan segalanya karena ini masih jauh dari kata selesai. Kemudian musim depan kami memulai kembali, terutama di liga. Karena menurut saya, di saat itu, kami siap menjadi penantang," ujar Smalling pada acara Football Beyond Borders dikutip Sky Sports.

"Saya pikir dengan perubahan yang sudah terjadi, mudah-mudahan kami bisa menyelesaikan musim ini dengan trofi dan masuk ke empat besar. Tapi hanya lolos ke Liga Champions bukanlah harapan kami tiap tahunnya."

"Jika kami bisa terus bermain seperti sekarang dan tetap berkembang, saya pikir musim panas dengan pramusimnya akan menjadi momen kami menjelma kembali menjadi top, mudah-mudahan," tuturnya.

Selain Premier League (yang meski sulit namun secara matematis masih bisa diraih), peluang MU meraih gelar terbuka di Piala FA dan Liga Champions. Di Piala FA Paul Pogba dkk akan menghadapi Chelsea di babak kelima pada akhir pekan ini. Sementara di Liga Champions mereka harus membalas kekalahan 0-2 atas PSG untuk bisa lolos ke delapan besar.
Old 16-02-2019, 08:51 AM   #538
Riskur
Divisi IT
rizkikurnwn

Mentioned: 135 Post(s)
Riskur has a brilliant futureRiskur has a brilliant futureRiskur has a brilliant futureRiskur has a brilliant futureRiskur has a brilliant futureRiskur has a brilliant futureRiskur has a brilliant futureRiskur has a brilliant futureRiskur has a brilliant futureRiskur has a brilliant futureRiskur has a brilliant future
Visit Riskur's Facebook Visit Riskur's Twitter

Manchester United player Chris Smalling opens up on Solskjaer meetings and his inspiring journey

Chris Smalling is not your average footballer and his upbringing is influencing the Man Utd defender's latest charity venture.
Quote:

Chris Smalling speaks at Salford City Academy
The sun is shining, schoolchildren are cheering and Chris Smalling is smiling. The dust is still settling on Manchester United's defeat to Paris Saint-Germain 20 hours earlier but Smalling is in a breezy mood on a mild Wednesday as he takes selfies and signs autographs at Salford City Academy.

Just before the five-a-side games commence at the Eccles high school, an enthusiastic schoolboy asks Smalling to sign his forehead and the chuckling defender obliges. The ecstatic lad's Cheshire Cat grin is captured by the MEN's photographer.

Smalling is back at school to spread the word about Football Beyond Borders (FBB), a Brixton-based education charity using football to inspire youngsters from disadvantaged backgrounds. Smalling is the ideal figurehead; an articulate footballer who overcame a testing childhood to earn a place at Loughborough University to do financial economics, a course his brother, Jason, began two years ago.

The Smalling siblings' upbringing was not as serene as some have assumed. Smalling was 11 when his father, Lloyd, passed away. He and Jason were raised by their mother on benefits and the family was reliant on council housing. Smalling was once dropped from his youth team after his mother was unable to support the cost of bus travel to and from training.
Quote:

Smalling signs a schoolboy's forehead
That sobering childhood motivated Smalling to secure GCSEs and A-Levels in anticipation of three years at university. He was five weeks away from starting his course. Then Fulham spotted Smalling at Maidstone United aged 18.

"One of the things which struck me straight away is that for a lot of them this programme is the only stable thing in their lives," the 29-year-old says of FBB while holding court in a classroom. "You hear a lot of kids say it's changed their lives and so itís something I wanted to get involved in.

"When I heard they were expanding and coming to Manchester - Manchester has been my home for the last nine years and hopefully a lot more years - so it just seemed the perfect fit."
Quote:

One happy fan
Smalling has spent nearly a decade in Manchester and in December signed a four-year contract with United. His wife, Sam, is Mancunian and the couple's sincerity for charitable causes is only trumped by how proactive they are with them.

Last year, Smalling raised £29,000 for the Barnabus Christian charity and served food for homeless and socially deprived visitors at their Christmas party. Sam slept rough for a night to raise funds for The Mustard Tree charity and the couple, who own two dogs, are heavily involved with the Dogs Trust, which Smalling visited last month. Smalling has also championed Peta.

"I think you see some footballers do things more towards the back of their careers," Smalling explains. "Whereas I think Iím at that age where Iím more experienced. I wanted to try and do more because Iím in such a privileged position. Me and my wife, we picked a few different areas where we felt we could help."

Smalling's empathy puts him in a unique position and he talks about his hope he can 'relate' to the children through the FBB programme. "You arenít sometimes in the privileged position when youíre growing up," he explains. "That lifeís against you and that youíre never really going to achieve whatever young dream you have, so programmes like this are massively important to - like you say - bring that divide closer and make every kid realise they have a chance."

As if further confirmation were needed Smalling is not your archetypal footballer, he embarks on the kind of holidays that would appeal to backpackers - last year, he visited Thailand, Vietnam Peru - and is vegan. That topic lifts the mood in the room, especially when one of the reporters reveals their unlikely penchant for plant-based foods.

Old 17-02-2019, 09:48 AM   #539
Andi Istiabudi
manager

SMALLING: I'M FULLY HEALED FROM MY BROKEN TOE

Chris Smalling is being treated carefully after his lay-off due to a foot injury, but the Manchester United defender is hoping to be involved in Monday's Emirates FA Cup fifth-round tie at Chelsea.

The centre-back sat out the 2-0 defeat to Paris Saint-Germain in midweek after making his return on the pitch against his former club Fulham last weekend. After being troubled by the problem for some time, he is now firing on all cylinders and just needs to improve his match fitness.

Speaking at an event promoting his Football Beyond Borders project at Salford City Academy, he told MUTV: “I’m fully healed from the broken toe now. It was good to be available again on Saturday and get that game under my belt. It’s just about managing my next game and getting back up to match fitness. Hopefully, I’ll be available for all the games until the end of the season.

“Through the Fulham and Arsenal [home] games, I had injections and then I had more injections for the Liverpool game [at Anfield] but it made the injury worse. So then it was a case of getting it right and getting back as soon as I can but, first and foremost, making sure it was right.

“When the injury got worse, I needed to recover. It was unfortunate I couldn’t get involved [when Ole Gunnar Solskjaer took caretaker charge] but it was good to see the team flourishing and nice to get involved as soon as I got back to fitness, to be able to play a game and get involved as quickly as possible.

“The plan was to play against Fulham. Obviously, Tuesday was a bit too quick in succession to that as I’m making sure I can build up my match fitness as quickly as possible and, hopefully, I’ll be involved in the next one.

“Yeah, I think it does help [that Ole sometimes picks his teams in advance]. It’s nice to get your head mentally around it. Obviously, Ole’s been talking with the medical staff and it was always lined up that Fulham would be my first game back so I almost had that vision and the goal that would be the game I could make my comeback in.”

As for the next game, against Fulham’s neighbours Chelsea, the preparation has already started in earnest for a tactical battle against Maurizio Sarri’s troops at Stamford Bridge. United may not have the best recent record at the Blues’ home patch but Ole and his coaches will be hoping to mastermind another win in the capital after victories at Tottenham Hotspur, Arsenal and Fulham during his tenure.

“This year, we’re making sure we get a trophy and, on Monday, we’ll be going all for it,” added Smalling.

”The record at Chelsea, you’re right, we’ve not had too many good results there but I thought, earlier in the season, we were so close to winning until the last dying seconds. In general, we played quite well there so let’s kick on and improve on that performance.

”Even if it wasn’t for both of our results we’ve had, I think it would be built up to be a big game anyway. The fact it’s Monday night as well means it’s got the whole world watching. They’ll be looking to improve on last weekend’s result [at Manchester City], as we will [after PSG], so it’s a big game all around.“

After the disappointment in Europe, the aim is now to extend the unbeaten domestic run beyond 11 games. There is plenty of time to prepare for the FA Cup clash and work will be undertaken at the Aon Training Complex by the coaches to ensure a plan is in place to knock out the current holders.

“It’s something where, the next day after PSG, the full focus goes on to Chelsea and, obviously, we’ve got all the way up until Monday now,” he explained. “It’s almost drip fed that we’ll have a little bit of video each morning and then have different unit meetings – the defenders, midfielders and attackers – and pinpoint little elements so that, come the game, we’ll be fully prepared for everything they throw at us.

”I think there are many things we’ll be working on, be it attacking, defending, different moments in a game, our mentality in different games. Especially managing different times in games too. There are lots of things to learn but the good thing is we get to work on it every day and improve.”

And what is life like under the caretaker manager? Smalling agrees that Solskjaer may not be the always-smiling personality as he comes across in the media because he has what it takes to take charge of the players.

“I think he [Ole] has got that sort of nasty side,” he explained.” I think every manager has that, the so-called hairdryer treatment when things need a little turnaround. A manager has to have all different sides covered. He’s a joy to play under and he’s great.”

The FBB project is one close to Smalling's heart as he recognises the rewards of combining football with education to motivate young people.

“I think it all started when I met Jasper, the co-founder down in Brixton and a had a bit of a tour and met a lot of the kids,” he said. “I spent the whole afternoon getting to know FBB and then it was something I felt really passionate about. It’s something, when I was growing up, that would have been ideal. So when I started speaking and talking about the expansion and Manchester being the first stop, it just felt like the perfect fit.

”Jasper has got very big aspirations and dreams and targets, and so have I. We’re hoping to take it to the whole country, step by step, as we plan to really go big. I think education is the most important thing. Football is the key to bringing everyone together. Ultimately, it’s the education that makes a difference.

“The beauty of FBB is we create a lot of projects and, at the end, there are presentations and other things so, as kids, they can see it from the start to the finish. Whatever projects you were doing, everyone works off having rewards for what they are doing and knowing they are doing well. So we had 20 kids come up for the Brighton game and then I think it was 18 who came to Burnley. So we’re just trying to think of different ways to reward the young people.

”Growing up, I never had any role models as such but I think when I got into the position I am in now, being very fortunate, It was a case of making sure if kids looked up to me, I was a role model, and they could say Chris might be a good player but he did a lot more than just play football.“

www.manutd.com
Old 17-02-2019, 02:51 PM   #540
tumpal_oneunited
captain
Once United Always United!!

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
tumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond repute

Makin aneh aja gaya rambut Smalling ini.
Hahaha..
Semoga aja kemampuan di atas rumput hijaunya makin meningkat..
tumpal_oneunited is offline   Reply With Quote

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 137
A.Per Utd, Aba_MaczUnited, abeat_bjm, adesaktiTRK, aGhaa, aldysetiabudi, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, and1, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, andrydjemb4, anenk_garcia, Ardiey11, arik_, asby_ansya, Aso Chrisjefta, asririzky, ayahocta, Azrul Red United, beckz_on7, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, bmanutd, Bulma, chest, chincarito, christof_ww, cynta, dannyboy, dayat_5, Deddy Hernandez, delongedee, dery pramudito, dhodoadrian, ditra wirochadi, dudut, ecly_watchaa, Eka UPC, endhy_cantona, eyeofday, fadilbedil, Fajar_, fajrinited, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, Gustar_UIBontang, Gustiono, h-ANG, Haji Paidin, HaRrY-UIK, hendiplast, hombreng, hzent, iamsetia, iblismerah, icebreaker, id4y, irfan_thered, ivanzferdinand, jifortin, Jodirama, jojo poenya, jusri, kingherooney, King_Cantona, kykyba7, Lang25, Legolash, Mahesa_Jenar, Merahponod90, MichaelMU, mousetrap, MUFC1878, Muhammad Nizar, mygalzbiatch, ncut_lgx, NdeGue, noerdiana 11, oldark, omink_08, paiman, Peace_Devils, penk22_, pweechevalier, Rage, raviKiko14, red, Red Devils 07, Red Stain, Redsbusby, revald, rio vander vidic, Riskur, rizkimn11_, rizluq, robby7beckham, ronald hars, roodee_UID, Ryan_lallo, SatriaRedArmy, sepatu_ancur, smile_boy, sompretz, SR 7, stamansa, Syarifeghy, tasho, Trezz Kiko, tumpal_oneunited, tyquack, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, UNITED1878, united7, unreal, VaDLi, Van_Munandar, vhio, Victory, wakhid ronaldo, wazza ui, william metta, wimastio.aryo, wira_ozora, Yayat Dg Kulle, Zee de Wazza, zudomiriku, Zulfan, [skywalker]