United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 23-07-2014, 04:11 PM   #51
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Luke Shaw

EXCLUSIVE: Luke Shaw speaks out about Manchester United move

The most expensive teenager in the world. Check.

The youngest player to play at the 2014 World Cup. Check.

It has been quite a summer for England international Luke Shaw. Now, the 19-year-old has just begun life as a Manchester United player following his $55 million move from Southampton in June.

Shaw is currently in Los Angeles as United prepare for the 2014-15 Premier League season with new manager Louis van Gaal at the helm for their U.S. tour. A busy man, Shaw took some time out to chat with ProSoccerTalk about how his record-breaking switch to Old Trafford played out, being the youngest player at the World Cup, his new gaffer van Gaal and much more.
This was Shaw’s first chat with the media since sealing his monster transfer to one of the biggest team in the world.

After playing 60 times for Southampton in the PL and making his England debut at the ripe age of 18, Shaw had plenty of suitors chasing his signature this summer. But when he found out United were in for him, the youngster made sure his move to the Red Devils happened.

Quote:
“It’s great. When I found out they were interested in me I didn’t think twice,” Shaw said. “Manchester United are the biggest club in the world. When I found out they wanted to buy me, I spoke to my agent, he got in touch with Southampton and it got done. I am really excited and happy to be here.”
After flying out to LA with United for their tour — that kicks off on Wednesday night against the LA Galaxy before glamour games against AS Roma in Denver, Inter Milan in Washington D.C. and Real Madrid in Michigan — Shaw has only been in training for a few days. Already settling in well, the young left back revealed that the chance to work with van Gaal was a big plus in signing for United, as he was impressed with his track record of developing top class youngsters at Ajax, Barcelona and Bayern Munich in the past.

“I’ve only been here two days, we’ve had two training sessions and the manager has been working on what formation he wants to put in. It has been quite tough but I expected that when I first came back to preseason,” Shaw said. “He seems like a great manager, he is straightforward and wants to get the best out of the players. That is something that is good for me so hopefully I will improve under him. One of the important things for me was that I heard he was good at producing younger players. He likes playing younger players and he has faith in them. That was another big thing for me, that he will give youngsters a chance.”

Giving youngsters a chance is all well and good, but United are coming off the back of their worst season in PL history. A seventh place finish last term means no UEFA Champions League soccer to look forward to, plenty of players being let go and most importantly: no trophies.

That’s something Shaw is determined to put right.

Should United, the team who have won 20 English top-flight titles, be aiming for more trophies this season?

Quote:
“Of course,” Shaw said. “You look at the season we had last season and everyone here wants to improve on that, to try and win trophies. That is what we are going to be aiming for. First thing for us is to have a good preseason, get everyone fit and raring to go for the season. This season, we want to come back as the Man United everyone once knew. Hopefully we can do that, push on and win some trophies.”
Just 12 months ago, Shaw was in Southampton’s first-team squad preparing for his first full season in the professional game after coming out of their famed academy. Now he’s in L.A. with Manchester United and looking forward to playing against some of the biggest teams in the world. This is “Roy of the Rovers” stuff. It really is.

“We are playing massive teams like Real Madrid,” Shaw said. “Last season, no disrespect to Southampton, but we would have been playing Championship and League One teams and now to come to the U.S. and play against teams like that is something I dreamed of when I was younger. I just can’t wait to get going.”

Sometimes when teenagers who are purchased for huge sums of money at such a young age, the pricetag becomes a burden and gets in the way. However the dollar signs are far from Shaw’s eyes as he brushed off the fact that he’s the most expensive teenager in soccer history. He is four times more expensive than Gareth Bale was at his age, and almost three times more expensive than the fee United paid for Cristiano Ronaldo back in 2003.

Shaw isn’t bothered about that… but he is impressed with the hype and attention United have gotten so far on their U.S. tour.

“About the transfer record, I don’t pay too much attention to that. I just focus on my football,” Shaw said. “As soon as you come to America you can see how big the fanbase is… I’ve heard it’s even crazier in Asia! In America it’s big and it means a lot to me to be a Manchester United player.”

As we mentioned, Shaw was the youngest player to play at the World Cup as he started and play the full 90 minutes in England’s 0-0 draw with Costa Rica in their final group game. Sadly, for Shaw and the Three Lions, England had already been knocked out by then. He admits the entire team was shocked by their early exit but that the experience will hold him in good stead for the future.

Quote:
“It was an unbelievable experience, but such a shame that we got knocked out so early,” Shaw said. “Nobody really expected that. It came as a shock. Although, I was happy to play in the last game. It was great to play in the World Cup, the biggest stage in football. That’s something I want more of and hopefully now that I am at Man United, if I keep playing well then I will get more chances like that.”
There’s no doubting that. With United’s legendary left back Patrice Evra sold to Juventus on Monday and his back up Alexander Buttner already leaving United this summer, Shaw is set to start at left back for one of the biggest teams in the world when the Premier League season kicks off on August 16th. He is not fazed, but he is still trying to get his head around the fact that he now gets to call the likes of Wayne Rooney, Robin van Persie and Juan Mata his teammates. Remember, he’s only 19.

“There is a lot of quality in the dressing room. It is crazy,” Shaw said. “Two years ago I was watching them on telly and now I am going to be playing in the same team as them. It is crazy. For me to still be 19 it is something I am really looking forward to. For me to be able to train with them everyday, it will keep improving me as a player and a person. I am really looking forward to the start of the season.”

Code:
http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/22/exclusive-luke-shaw-speaks-out-about-manchester-united-move/
Old 26-07-2014, 05:58 AM   #52
fredrian.seven
captain
Welcome Mou

Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
fredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant future

Wow... klo bener kata2 Mou pas "nyindir" United karena menggaji Shaw 120rb (dulu sempet ada yg beritakan cm 100rb pound) se-pekan maka bener2 bikin kaget. 18 tahun dah 120rb,ntar pas peak digaji berapa? meski bisa aja kenaikan gaji sampai nanti bisa jadi nggak signifikan tapi nilai kontrak pertamanya bikin syok. Jadi inget Young. Kontrak awalnya 90rb pound se-pekan. Klo lihat Young sekarang miris banget. Tapi ya potensi Shaw dan status orang inggrisnya mungkin yg jadi pertimbangan.

Last edited by fredrian.seven; 26-07-2014 at 06:50 AM..
fredrian.seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2014, 07:47 AM   #53
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Selama pemain tersebut berbakat dan memiliki potensi yang serta bisa berkontribusi besar bagi klub tidak masalah jika gajinya besar. Anggap saja investasi jangka panjang untuk klub, asal nasibnya jangan seperti Bebe saja
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2014, 07:58 AM   #54
fredrian.seven
captain
Welcome Mou

Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
fredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi Istiabudi View Post
Selama pemain tersebut berbakat dan memiliki potensi yang serta bisa berkontribusi besar bagi klub tidak masalah jika gajinya besar. Anggap saja investasi jangka panjang untuk klub, asal nasibnya jangan seperti Bebe saja
Emang investasi jangka panjang dan juga potensial. Malah bisa2 sampe pensiun di United.
fredrian.seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2014, 08:06 AM   #55
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Kalau Luke Shaw mainnya bagus nanti fansnya di United juga pasti semakin banyak dan akhirnya jerseynya pun makin laris banyak dibeli sehingga pendapatan klub otomatis meningkat deh
Old 29-07-2014, 04:19 PM   #56
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Semoga tidak sampai bikin blunder deh

'Shaw Akan Buat Blunder di United'

Bola.net - Mantan pemain Manchester United, Dennis Irwin, memberi peringatan pada fans mengenai bek anyar mereka, Luke Shaw.

Sosok yang baru saja ditransfer dari Southampton musim panas ini dianggap Irwin masih teramat muda dan rentan untuk melakukan kesalahan saat bermain bagi kubu Old Trafford musim depan.

"Ia baru berusia 19 tahun, ia punya kecepatan dan talenta, namun ia masih muda dan masih perlu banyak belajar. Kita harus menerima fakta bahwa ia akan membuat kesalahan, namun saya harap ia akan bertahan untuk waktu yang lama," tutur Irwin pada The Mirror.

"Ia sudah bermain di Premier League selama dua musim untuk Southampton dan mewakili Inggris di Piala Dunia. Namun bermain untuk Manchester United berbeda. Anda akan berada di bawah tekanan, namun saya yakin ia bisa mengatasinya," pungkasnya.

Shaw akan berada di bawah bimbingan pelatih anyar United, Louis van Gaal musim depan. (mir/rer)
Old 29-07-2014, 04:45 PM   #57
id4y
academy
-

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
id4y has no contributions yet

Bisa dimaklumilah, dengan mahar yang lumayan wah tentunya fans and board punya 'high expectation' for this lad.. Sayang mentornya udah kepalang kabur, tapi dibawah Meneer gw yakin hal ini bisa diatasi koq.. :cool
id4y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2014, 06:11 PM   #58
rondwisan
udah sebelas yaa :)

Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,701 Posts
Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Visit rondwisan's Facebook Visit rondwisan's Twitter

31/07/2014 09:00 - ManUtd.com, A Bostock & R Grant
Shaw determined to make his mark

Luke Shaw has been reflecting on his first few weeks as a Manchester United player, having made his debut during the club's pre-season tour of America.

In this exclusive interview with ManUtd.com, the defender talks about his rapid rise in top-flight football, his move to Old Trafford and adapting to life with Louis van Gaal's United...

How did it feel to make your first appearance for United on this tour?
It was great, I think it was really important to get that first 45 minutes under my belt [against LA Galaxy] because I had only trained for three days. To play my first game in front of that huge crowd was something different for me. The fans were amazing. Even though we're here in America, there are so many United fans everywhere. That's something I've noticed. That's obviously true in England too but in America and I'm sure around the world there are many more and that's something that makes me realise just how big the club is.

Did you feel any pressure, having to play your first 45 minutes for United close to the touchline where your new manager was sitting?
Not really pressure, no. The main focus for me at the moment is to get back my full fitness. I didn't feel fully fit for the Galaxy game because it was my first match and I had only trained for three days before it. But that's what pre-season and these games are for, to get fit. My main priority is to hopefully get more minutes under my belt and when the season comes I'll aim to be flying by 16 August.

Were you pleased with the way you played in terms of your role and the instructions you were gone?
I could have been more pleased. I don't think it was the best 45 minutes I have played. I know I can do much better than that and I'm sure I will. I'm not making excuses but it was only my first 45 minutes. But it was great to play in front of the gaffer and in training too. Everyone's trying to prove a point and stake a claim for the starting eleven.

The games are getting bigger in terms of the opposition - how much are you looking forward to playing against the champions of Europe, Real Madrid?
I'm really looking forward to it. Considering it's a pre-season tour, the teams we are playing against are unbelievable. Roma and Inter are both big teams but I think the one everyone looked forward to is Real Madrid. You see the stars they've got and it will be great to put myself up against them and see how I deal with it.

Training with star players every day will be good preparation for that…
Yes, I think that is helping me a lot. It's like when I went away with England, I was training with the best players in the country. It wasn't for a long period of time but it was long enough to make me think 'this is what I want to be doing'. It's great to be here and training with world-class players every day because I’m sure that will only improve my game.

You made your debut for Southampton only two years ago, so has your journey to United felt like a meteoric rise or a natural step in your progress?
It feels like natural progress now because it was a long time coming. I knew that United were interested and it was something I wanted to get done before I went to Brazil for the World Cup. But it didn't happen so we got it done when I got back. Then I had a week to catch my breath, to think about the World Cup and look ahead to the coming season. It was important for me to sit down and think about things. It's been a massive two years and I wouldn't have done it without my family. They've been a massive part of it for me. I've got to do it on the pitch but my family have had to travel a lot to take me to training and to games. It's something that I thank them for and they know that. It's been a crazy two years and I'm just looking forward to playing for Manchester United and pushing on now.
rondwisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:22 AM   #59
Zee de Wazza
first team
Anonymous - UPC

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Zee de Wazza is just really niceZee de Wazza is just really niceZee de Wazza is just really niceZee de Wazza is just really nice
Visit Zee de Wazza's Facebook Visit Zee de Wazza's Twitter Zee Khalifa

Shaw ini wajib untuk meningkatkan level stamina dan ketahanan fisiknya, karena LvG sendiri bilang kalo doi sangat menempatkan ekspektasi yang tinggi terhadap Shaw. Sebagai seorang wingback yang peranannya jauh lebih besar dan susah daripada fullback Shaw diharapkan kuat bermain full 90 menit tanpa penurunan performa dalam bertahan maupun menyerang agar sama baiknya di formasi 3-5-2 LvG. Sedangkan Shaw sendiri bilang untuk saat ini doi masih belum sanggup untuk memenuhi ekspektasi sang manager. Well keep training n work harder Luke !!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Zee de Wazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:43 AM   #60
rondwisan
udah sebelas yaa :)

Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,701 Posts
Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Visit rondwisan's Facebook Visit rondwisan's Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee de Wazza View Post
Shaw ini wajib untuk meningkatkan level stamina dan ketahanan fisiknya, karena LvG sendiri bilang kalo doi sangat menempatkan ekspektasi yang tinggi terhadap Shaw. Sebagai seorang wingback yang peranannya jauh lebih besar dan susah daripada fullback Shaw diharapkan kuat bermain full 90 menit tanpa penurunan performa dalam bertahan maupun menyerang agar sama baiknya di formasi 3-5-2 LvG. Sedangkan Shaw sendiri bilang untuk saat ini doi masih belum sanggup untuk memenuhi ekspektasi sang manager. Well keep training n work harder Luke !!
Siap laksanakan Kakak ...

Wednesday 30 July 2014 09.52*BST
Manchester United’s Luke Shaw accepts Louis van Gaal criticism

Luke Shaw insists he has no problem putting the hard yards in to make sure he is fully fit for his first season as a Manchester United player.

In a frank interview following United’s penalty shootout win over Internazionale on Wednesday morning, Shaw conceded United’s manager Louis van Gaal had every right to criticise him over his lack of fitness.

And the 19-year-old admitted he underestimated just how challenging it would be to make the step up from Southampton to Manchester United.

Van Gaal revealed at a press conference on Monday that he has had to devise a special training programme for Shaw, who turned up for pre-season out of shape after three weeks off. Shaw has no qualms with his manager’s public criticism of him.

“Obviously I have seen that, and it’s something I totally agree with,” Shaw said when asked about Van Gaal’s press conference comments. “To play in this formation you have to be really fit. I am fit but I am not at the high level he demands. I have got to get fitter to get up and down [the wing]. It’s something I have got to work on.”

Shaw became the fourth most expensive defender in history when he swapped Southampton for United in a deal that could cost the Old Trafford club £28m.

Although he played for England at the World Cup, Shaw only made his full Premier League debut in November 2012. Shaw admits he miscalculated just how physically demanding it would be to step up and become United’s first-choice left-back as part of Van Gaal’s new 3-5-2 system.

“It was a surprise. I didn’t come into United thinking it would be much harder,” Shaw said. “That’s something that I think I made a mistake on. I thought it was just going to be the same but it’s the biggest club in the world and there are world-class players in training. That is something that is going to push me on and it’s something I am looking forward to doing.”

To show just how much work he thinks Shaw needs to do, Van Gaal made the left-back partake in a gruelling fitness session on the morning of the win against Internazionale, which came on penalties after a 0-0 draw.

The England defender only made it onto the pitch when youth product Reece James pulled out of the match with an injury.

Shaw thinks the extra training sessions are already paying dividends.

“I want and need the staff to push me on so they can do what they want. It will only help me in the long run,” said Shaw, who impressed as a second-half substitute at the FedEx Field in Washington. “I wasn’t meant to play [against Inter] so I trained on Tuesday morning. Me and the staff decided it would be better to push me in a harder training session.

“But I came on and played 45 minutes. I felt great. I could have played another 45 so that’s something that shows there is a progression there after the last game. The focus is now to get fitter and fitter and to be flying by start of season.”

Shaw and the rest of his United team-mates were due to train in Washington DC on Wednesday afternoon. They will fly to Detroit on Thursday before their game against Real Madrid, on Saturday. A win for United, who beat Roma in their first match, will see them qualify for the final of the International Champions Cup, which takes place on Monday in Miami.
rondwisan is offline   Reply With Quote

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 126
A.Per Utd, Aba_MaczUnited, achmad.zaky, adhe united macz, adhie21, adnan44, aldysetiabudi, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, Alphin Ambo, and1, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, Ardiey11, asby_ansya, asririzky, ayahocta, bahar_six, bang_zak, basbesbos, Bengzimare, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, bmanutd, Bulma, chincarito, ChrisHerrera, clsenz, Cupy, Dafabet, dayat_5, delongedee, Dhanny09, dhodoadrian, ecly_watchaa, Eka UPC, Elpiji, endhy_cantona, ericsuryadi, eyeofday, Fajar_, fajrinited, ferly_Liemz, fredrian.seven, goodfron, Gustar_UIBontang, h-ANG, HaHa, Haji Paidin, Hamka Husain Pasonai, HaRrY-UIK, HenryRooney07, HMzqLWaylr, hombreng, hzent, iblismerah, id4y, irfan_thered, irfi_1, irhamutd, irulrozikin, J. A. Adji, Jak_Ilcapitano_11, jifortin, Jodirama, LAM ILHAM, Lang25, Legolash, Machavellii, matthewsamad, mbah mangun, Michael10, mousetrap, mygalzbiatch, NdeGue, nobitanta, noerdiana 11, normansyahrizal, oldark, omink_08, Ompiter, paiman, penk22_, prahmono, Redsbusby, revald, reza willya, rio vander vidic, Riskur, rizkimn11_, robby7beckham, Robiescream, ronald hars, Rony_17, Roronoa Rooney, Ryan Smith, sepatu_ancur, setiawans001, smile_boy, SR 7, stamansa, tasho, timtam, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, UNITED1878, united7, unreal, utdMaleoLuwuk, Vanz Wazza, Van_Munandar, victory II, w.keane27, wakhid ronaldo, wazza_ampuh, Wigatrisna SB, wira_ozora, Yayat Dg Kulle, Zee de Wazza, zudomiriku