United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > OUTSIDE UNITED > General Football

Old 19-05-2021, 09:54 AM   #1
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Premier League Hall of Fame

Alan Shearer and Thierry Henry are announced as the first two Premier League legends to be inducted into the all-new Hall of Fame... as fans are asked to vote on SIX other icons to join them in the next few weeks

* Alan Shearer and Thierry Henry are the Premier League's 'inaugural inductees'
* Newcastle and Arsenal legends take their place on the Hall of Fame this week
* Fans will now be asked to whittle 23-man shortlist down to six other inductees
* Shearer is league's all-time top goalscorer while Henry won four Golden Boots

Alan Shearer and Thierry Henry have become the first two Premier League legends to be inducted into the all-new Hall of Fame.

The Newcastle and Arsenal heroes, widely regarded as two of the best strikers ever to play in the English game, are the first to take up their place, with many more to join them in the coming months and years.

In announcing the news, the Premier League's official account introduced the pair as: 'Two centre-forwards, both gifted with natural skill and talent who have written their names in Premier League history.'

Thierry Henry (left) and Alan Shearer have become first to enter Premier League's Hall of Fame

Shearer is the league's all-time top goalscorer after 14 seasons with Blackburn and Newcastle

Henry, meanwhile, is Arsenal's all-time leading scorer and a four-time Golden Boot winner

The first two inductees were teased on social media in a video last week, in which the likes of Jamie Carragher and Ian Wright gave clues as to who could be taking the honour.

One of the players was described as 'lethal, unmarkable at times' and a 'devastating phenomenon', while the other, according to former Liverpool man Jamie Carragher, was 'an absolute nightmare to play against'.

The two 'inaugural inductees' will soon be joined by six other big names, who will be voted onto the Hall of Fame by fans over the next few weeks.

A special programme on Sky Sports tonight will announce the 23-man shortlist of candidates, before supporters have their say to whittle them down to six.

The likes of Wayne Rooney, Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard, Roy Keane, Patrick Vieira, Ryan Giggs and Eric Cantona are expected to be among the big names in the discussion.

Henry and Shearer, meanwhile, can rest assured in the knowledge that their place is set in stone, and they have received their personalised medallion, engraved with the year of their induction.

Speaking about his induction, the Premier League's all-time top goalscorer Shearer said: 'When you look at some of the unbelievable players to have graced the Premier League – week in, week out, year in, year out – I feel very honoured to join the Hall of Fame.

'I have to thank all of my team-mates, as well as the managers and coaches that I've worked with. All I ever wanted to be was a professional footballer.

'It was my dream to do that, my dream to win trophies and my dream to score at St James' Park, to wear the No 9 black-and-white shirt and it was fantastic. I enjoyed every minute of it.'

Shearer was the first player to reach 100 Premier League goals, netting 112 times for Blackburn, before he secured a then world-record £15million transfer to his boyhood club Newcastle in 1996.

From there, he netted another 148 goals in 303 matches over a 10-year spell, taking his total tally to 260 goals across 14 seasons.

Henry, meanwhile, won four Golden Boots in a 175-goal haul at Arsenal, in turn becoming the club's all-time top goalscorer.

Upon hearing the news of his induction, the Frenchman noted: 'To be inducted alongside Alan Shearer as the two first inductees into the Premier League Hall of Fame is more than special.

The Premier League's Hall of Fame has now been launched, with six others soon to join the list

Manchester United legend Eric Cantona (centre) is also in contention to win a place

'When I was young, I was just trying to make sure I could get a pair of boots and now we're talking about the Hall of Fame. During my career I wanted to play hard and make sure I was fighting for the cause, because that's all the fans want to see.

'If you asked me at the start of my career about entering the Hall of Fame, I wouldn't have believed you. It's an amazing honour.'

Both have taken different paths since the end of their playing days. Shearer, 50, after briefly dabbling in management at Newcastle is now the BBC's lead pundit on Match of the Day, while Henry, 43, is trying to establish himself as a coach, most recently with Montreal Impact in MLS, as well as doing punditry for Sky.

The Hall of Fame was initially scheduled to launch last year, but had to be postponed due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9511553/Alan-Shearer-Thierry-Henry-announced-enter-Premier-League-Hall-Fame.html
dibuat thread tersendiri aja sebagai penghormatan buat para legend PL
Old 19-05-2021, 09:56 AM   #2
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League Hall of Fame

TEN former Manchester United stars named on 23-man shortlist to select next six members of new Premier League Hall of Fame... but there's NO room for Ryan Giggs amid impending court case

* Alan Shearer and Thierry Henry were announced as the 'inaugural inductees'
* Now fans can vote for six further stars to join them from a 23-man shortlist
* The list is dominated by players representing Manchester United and Arsenal
* Ryan Giggs is thought to have missed the list due to his impending court case
* The Wales manager is due in court after he was charged with three offences in which he has denied

The Premier League have revealed a 23-man shortlist for fans to vote on who should be inducted into the all-new Hall of Fame - though that list doesn't include Ryan Giggs amid his impending court case.

Arsenal legend Thierry Henry and Blackburn and Newcastle icon Alan Shearer were the initial entries, while 23 further candidates were announced.

But there was no slot for former Manchester United winger Giggs, who is the most decorated player in the competition’s history, having won the title 13 times.

David Beckham and Paul Scholes are among ten former Manchester United players on the shortlist

Ryan Giggs though has not been included in the shortlist amid his impending court case

Later this week the 47-year-old will appear in court charged with assaulting two women and ‘controlling or coercive behaviour’.

He is currently Wales manager but will not be taking charge of the national team at this summer’s European Championship, with Robert Page put in temporary control.

Giggs has protested his innocence, said he will plead not guilty in court and added that he looks forward to clearing his name. He is due at Manchester and Salford Magistrates Court on Wednesday.

Henry is considered one of the finest players to grace the competition. He won two titles at Arsenal and was a key member of the 2003-04 ‘Invincibles’ squad.

Shearer is the top scorer in Premier League history with 260 goals. He won the title with Blackburn in 1994-95 and became a prolific striker for boyhood club Newcastle.

The shortlist is dominated by ten Manchester United players including Roy Keane, David Beckham and Paul Scholes - though there was no place for Giggs.

Other former Manchester United stars to be included were Eric Cantona, Andy Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Peter Schmeichel, Robin Van Persie, Nemanja Vidic and Michael Owen.

Arsenal are also heavily represented in the list with seven representatives including Van Persie, Ian Wright, Patrick Vieira, Tony Adams, Dennis Bergkamp, Sol Campbell and Gunner turned Chelsea star Ashley Cole.

As well as Ashley Cole, Chelsea also have John Terry, Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba included in the list.

90s Premier League legends Eric Cantona, Les Ferdinand and Ian Wright have also made the list

Liverpool have three representatives including Owen, Steven Gerrard and Robbie Fowler.

Also included in the list are Southampton legend Matthew Le Tissier and former Newcastle and Tottenham striker Les Ferdinand.

The first two inductees were teased on social media in a video last week, in which the likes of Jamie Carragher and Ian Wright gave clues as to who could be taking the honour.

One of the players was described as 'lethal, unmarkable at times' and a 'devastating phenomenon', while the other, according to former Liverpool man Jamie Carragher, was 'an absolute nightmare to play against'.

In announcing Shearer and Henry, the Premier League's official account introduced the pair as: 'Two centre-forwards, both gifted with natural skill and talent who have written their names in Premier League history.'

Fans can vote for the next six inductees on the Premier League's official website and on the official Premier League app until May 9.

Quote:
Premier League Hall of Fame 23 man shortlist

Goalkeepers

Peter Schmeichel

Defenders

Tony Adams, Sol Campbell, Ashley Cole, Rio Ferdinand, John Terry, Nemanja Vidic

Midfielders

David Beckham, Steven Gerrard, Roy Keane, Frank Lampard, Matthew Le Tissier, Paul Scholes, Patrick Vieira

Forwards

Dennis Bergkamp, Eric Cantona, Andrew Cole, Didier Drogba, Les Ferdinand, Robbie Fowler, Michael Owen, Robin van Persie, Ian Wright
Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9513931/TEN-Manchester-United-players-named-23-man-shortlist-select-six-members-Hall-Fame.html
Old 19-05-2021, 10:00 AM   #3
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Typically humble, Eric! Cantona says he's 'very happy and very proud... but NOT surprised' as he is named as the third player to enter the Premier League Hall of Fame after Thierry Henry and Alan Shearer - with next legend to be announced today

* Eric Cantona becomes third inductee into the Premier League Hall of Fame
* The Manchester United legend said he was not surprised to be inducted
* Cantona, now 54, joins Alan Shearer and Thierry Henry in the Hall of Fame
* He said he expected to win a place as he described himself as 'exceptional'

Manchester United icon Eric Cantona has been inducted into the Premier League Hall of Fame - and characteristically admitted he was not surprised to receive the honour.

The ex-United forward becomes just the third former player to be inducted, joining Alan Shearer and Thierry Henry, following his glittering career in England which saw him score 70 goals in 156 Premier League appearances and claim four league titles.

Speaking on his induction, the talismanic Frenchman said in true Cantona-style: 'I am very happy and very proud, but at the same time I am not surprised. I would've been surprised if I had not been elected.

Manchester United icon Eric Cantona has been inducted into the Premier League Hall of Fame

The Frenchman, 54, said he was not surprised to have the honour bestowed upon him. Cantona was a huge fan favourite at United and becomes the third ex-player to be inducted

'I think maybe there are nearly 30 players who could've been elected. Me, it's different. If you have to elect one, it's me. But the other ones are all great. Me? I'm exceptional.'

Cantona was a huge fan favourite at United, earning him the nickname 'King Eric,' and was widely seen as one of the most mesmerising talents to ever grace the English game.

During his trophy-laden five-year spell at Old Trafford which came after winning the top flight with Leeds, he won four league titles, two FA Cups and five Community Shields as well as a Player of the Year for the 1993-94 season.

Cantona enjoyed a trophy-laden five years at United and won four Premier League titles. Ex-United star produced numerous magical moments, including this chip against Sunderland

Cantona was described as someone who had the 'X-factor', was 'fearless' and 'dragged Manchester United to the Premier League title' by his ex team-mates and fellow professionals in a video announcing his induction, while Steve Bruce said he had 'never seen anyone have the impact that Cantona had at United'.

Sir Alex Ferguson signed Cantona from Leeds in 1992 to solve their goal-scoring troubles and the Frenchman played an inspirational role to fire the club to their first league championship in 26 years in his first season.

Cantona also provided a number of memorable moments throughout his five years at United, including some controversial ones too.

His attempt to kick a Crystal Palace fan after being sent off during a match in 1995 remains one of the most infamous incidents in Premier League history and earned him an eight-month ban from football.

But when Cantona was at his imperious best on the pitch, he was irrepressible and is best remembered for producing moments of magic; from his nonchalant chip against Sunderland to the thunderbolt free-kick against Arsenal and his brilliant performance at Maine Road in 1993 to lead United to a 3-2 comeback win against arch rivals City.

Quote:
Eric Cantona's Premier League career in numbers

Appearances: 156

Goals: 70

Assists: 56

PL titles: 4

Monthly awards: 1
The 54-year-old, who retired in 1997, was voted in by fans and is set to be joined by a fourth inductee into the Premier League Hall of Fame later on Tuesday, with many more expected to receive the honour in the coming months and years.

A shortlist was announced last month before fans had to whittle it down to six nominees with the likes of Wayne Rooney, Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard, Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira all in the discussion.

Upon hearing about his induction, Cantona said: 'I play football, I love football, I dream about football when I was a kid. Of course to play in England it was a dream.

'It's a dream of everybody, to play in the Premier League. And I've been lucky to play in this team with wonderful players and a wonderful manager and wonderful fans, because we won and we really enjoyed it. And it was the football I dream about.

'Manchester United is a club that want to win things, but in a good way. It was like this in the time of Matt Busby. This is identity of this club, the philosophy of this club.'

The enigmatic Frenchman has received recognition for his achievements before, having been named the inaugural player to enter the English Football Hall of Fame in 2002.

Since hanging up his boots, he has largely stayed away from football, instead taking up a career in cinema and has acted in a number of French films and plays.

He did however represent France's national beach soccer team for nine years between 1997 and 2006 and managed them up until 2011 before serving a brief stint as New York Cosmos' Director of Soccer.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9590929/Man-Utd-legend-Eric-Cantona-person-inducted-Premier-League-Hall-Fame.html
Old 19-05-2021, 12:12 PM   #4
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Roy Keane is named as the fourth player to enter the Premier League's Hall of Fame, following old team-mate Eric Cantona... but former Manchester United captain sticks to terse, one-line answers in his celebratory Q&A!

* Roy Keane has become the next player to enter the Premier League Hall of Fame
* Keane joins Thierry Henry, Alan Shearer and Eric Cantona in sharing the honour
* The ex-Manchester United midfielder won seven league titles over his career
* He kept his celebratory Q&A short and sweet, reserving praise for Brian Clough

Manchester United legend Roy Keane has become the fourth player to be inducted into the Premier League Hall of Fame.

The former midfielder is one of the most decorated players in Premier League history, having won seven titles with United, and joins ex-team-mate Eric Cantona, Thierry Henry and Alan Shearer in the Hall of Fame.

'I feel very lucky to be inducted but I've only been inducted because of the players I've played with,' Keane said in contrasting style to Cantona, whose place in the Hall of Fame was announced earlier on Tuesday.

Manchester United legend Roy Keane has been inducted into the Premier League Hall of Fame

Keane is one of the most decorated players in Premier League history, winning seven titles

The Irishman was a dominant figure during United's golden era under Sir Alex Ferguson, lifting numerous trophies as club caption across his 12-year spell between 1993 and 2005.

Keane didn't appear to be in celebratory mood though and stuck to terse, one-line answers after his inclusion was announced - though he did reserve special praise for his former Nottingham Forest manager Brian Clough, who brought him from Cobh Ramblers in County Cork, Ireland to the Premier League.

'Brian Clough [was my biggest influence] for signing and giving me my debut,' Keane said.

'His advice before my debut was telling me to control the ball, pass it to my team-mate and run, that was the foundation of my career.'

The Irishman is widely regarded as one of the best central midfield players of his time. He named Brian Clough over Sir Alex Ferguson as the biggest influence on his career. Keane played alongside some of the best players in the world, including Cristiano Ronaldo and Ruud Van Nistelrooy and credited them for the reason of his induction

Despite playing the majority of his career under Alex Ferguson, Keane named Clough as the man who had the biggest influence on him.

Keane was a huge part of the United team that dominated English football under Ferguson but the pair fell out after his acrimonious exit in 2005 and still don't see eye to eye to this day.

As well as seven Premier League titles, Keane also won four FA Cups, four Community Shields, one Champions League and an Intercontinental Cup during his time at United.

Keane, who made 366 Premier League appearances, scoring 39 times and registering 33 assists, is widely regarded as one of the best central midfield players of his time and had a reputation for being a no-nonsense hardman.

He was involved in numerous intense midfield battles with Patrick Vieira throughout his career as United and Arsenal battled for supremacy in the late 90s and early 2000s.

Vieira was one of the players on the 23-man shortlist to be inducted next into the Hall of Fame, but Keane was given the nod with more combined votes from the public and the Premier League panel.

Quote:
ROY KEANE MAKES HALL OF FAME... BUT GIVES A VERY SHORT Q&A

Congratulations on being inducted into the Premier League Hall of Fame. How does it feel to be a Hall of Fame inductee?

'I feel very lucky to be inducted but I’ve only been inducted because of the players I’ve played with.'

You won seven titles with Manchester United. Is there a favourite one from the seven, and why?

'Every league title felt special.'

You were the captain during a hugely successful period at Old Trafford. What do you put your continued success with the club down to?

'Quality players, brilliant characters, hunger and desire.'

Who were the biggest influences on your Premier League career, and how did they help you become the player you developed into?

'Brian Clough [was my biggest influence] for signing and giving me my debut and his advice before my debut was telling me control the ball, pass it to my teammate and run, that was the foundation of my career.'

What was your favourite moment in your Premier League career and why?

'Signing for Manchester United and walking into a brilliant dressing room.'

You were involved in some big midfield battles with the likes of Patrick Vieira in your time at Man Utd. Did the fierce rivalry with clubs like Arsenal drive you on to more success?

'There were always teams out there looking to challenge us but the toughest challenge that I encountered was the competition for places at Manchester United.'
The Arsenal icon may yet earn his spot with the Premier League set to announce another four players later this week.

Each inductee receives a personalised medallion, engraved with the year of their induction.

Earlier on Tuesday, Cantona became the third inductee for his glittering career with United, which saw him score 70 goals in 156 Premier League appearances and claim four league titles.

Speaking on his induction, the talismanic Frenchman said in true Cantona-style: 'I am very happy and very proud, but at the same time I am not surprised. I would've been surprised if I had not been elected.

'I think maybe there are nearly 30 players who could've been elected.

'Me, it's different. If you have to elect one, it's me. But the other ones are all great. Me? I'm exceptional.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9591597/Man-Utd-legend-Roy-Keane-fourth-player-inducted-Premier-League-Hall-Fame.html
Old 20-05-2021, 12:14 PM   #5
rio vander vidic
first team
-

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
rio vander vidic has a spectacular aura aboutrio vander vidic has a spectacular aura about

Aturan mah, yang ga menang premier league, ga boleh masuk, walaupun pemain itu hebat banget, dan cuma bisa cium kamerea tv, bukan cium trophy PL..wahahaha
rio vander vidic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2021, 12:27 PM   #6
rio vander vidic
first team
-

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
rio vander vidic has a spectacular aura aboutrio vander vidic has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by zudomiriku View Post
Roy Keane is named as the fourth player to enter the Premier League's Hall of Fame, following old team-mate Eric Cantona... but former Manchester United captain sticks to terse, one-line answers in his celebratory Q&A!

* Roy Keane has become the next player to enter the Premier League Hall of Fame
* Keane joins Thierry Henry, Alan Shearer and Eric Cantona in sharing the honour
* The ex-Manchester United midfielder won seven league titles over his career
* He kept his celebratory Q&A short and sweet, reserving praise for Brian Clough

Manchester United legend Roy Keane has become the fourth player to be inducted into the Premier League Hall of Fame.

The former midfielder is one of the most decorated players in Premier League history, having won seven titles with United, and joins ex-team-mate Eric Cantona, Thierry Henry and Alan Shearer in the Hall of Fame.

'I feel very lucky to be inducted but I've only been inducted because of the players I've played with,' Keane said in contrasting style to Cantona, whose place in the Hall of Fame was announced earlier on Tuesday.

Manchester United legend Roy Keane has been inducted into the Premier League Hall of Fame

Keane is one of the most decorated players in Premier League history, winning seven titles

The Irishman was a dominant figure during United's golden era under Sir Alex Ferguson, lifting numerous trophies as club caption across his 12-year spell between 1993 and 2005.

Keane didn't appear to be in celebratory mood though and stuck to terse, one-line answers after his inclusion was announced - though he did reserve special praise for his former Nottingham Forest manager Brian Clough, who brought him from Cobh Ramblers in County Cork, Ireland to the Premier League.

'Brian Clough [was my biggest influence] for signing and giving me my debut,' Keane said.

'His advice before my debut was telling me to control the ball, pass it to my team-mate and run, that was the foundation of my career.'

The Irishman is widely regarded as one of the best central midfield players of his time. He named Brian Clough over Sir Alex Ferguson as the biggest influence on his career. Keane played alongside some of the best players in the world, including Cristiano Ronaldo and Ruud Van Nistelrooy and credited them for the reason of his induction

Despite playing the majority of his career under Alex Ferguson, Keane named Clough as the man who had the biggest influence on him.

Keane was a huge part of the United team that dominated English football under Ferguson but the pair fell out after his acrimonious exit in 2005 and still don't see eye to eye to this day.

As well as seven Premier League titles, Keane also won four FA Cups, four Community Shields, one Champions League and an Intercontinental Cup during his time at United.

Keane, who made 366 Premier League appearances, scoring 39 times and registering 33 assists, is widely regarded as one of the best central midfield players of his time and had a reputation for being a no-nonsense hardman.

He was involved in numerous intense midfield battles with Patrick Vieira throughout his career as United and Arsenal battled for supremacy in the late 90s and early 2000s.

Vieira was one of the players on the 23-man shortlist to be inducted next into the Hall of Fame, but Keane was given the nod with more combined votes from the public and the Premier League panel.

The Arsenal icon may yet earn his spot with the Premier League set to announce another four players later this week.

Each inductee receives a personalised medallion, engraved with the year of their induction.

Earlier on Tuesday, Cantona became the third inductee for his glittering career with United, which saw him score 70 goals in 156 Premier League appearances and claim four league titles.

'I think maybe there are nearly 30 players who could've been elected.

'Me, it's different. If you have to elect one, it's me. But the other ones are all great. Me? I'm exceptional.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9591597/Man-Utd-legend-Roy-Keane-fourth-player-inducted-Premier-League-Hall-Fame.html
Statement terakhirnya keane beeeest bangeet..hehehehe
rio vander vidic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2021, 09:47 AM   #7
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Frank Lampard is the fifth player to enter the Premier League's Hall of Fame, with Chelsea legend thanking Jose Mourinho for boosting his career

* Frank Lampard has been inducted into the Premier League's Hall of Fame
* He's the fifth player to enter, after Eric Cantona and Roy Keane joined on Tuesday
* Lampard is Chelsea's all-time leading scorer and won three Premier League titles
* The midfielder also sits fifth in the Premier League's all-time leading scorers

Frank Lampard has become the fifth player to be inducted into the Premier League's Hall of Fame.

Lampard helped Chelsea win their first-ever Premier League title under Jose Mourinho in 2005 and would go on to lift that same title two more times at Stamford Bridge.

A prolific goalscorer from midfield, Lampard is Chelsea's all-time leading scorer and is fifth in the Premier League's all-time chart. He scored 177 goals in 609 Premier League appearances for West Ham, Chelsea and Man City.

Frank Lampard is the fifth player to be inducted into the Premier League's Hall of Fame

Lampard also managed 102 assists in that same time, picking up four Premier League Player of the Month awards and the 2004-05 Premier League Player of the Season gong.

He is widely considered as one of Chelsea's greatest ever players and has now been recognised for his contributions in the top flight of English football.

Lampard thanked his uncle, Harry Redknapp, for giving him his first big break in football before praising Claudio Ranieri and Mourinho – who he later fell out with as a manager – for their influence on him while he was at the Bridge.

'There have been a lot of people that have influenced me,' Lampard said. 'I guess really Harry Redknapp's belief in me at West Ham to give me the first opportunity, Claudio Ranieri for taking me to Chelsea, and Jose Mourinho for the influence he had on me when he first arrived. However, I took things from all my managers and am thankful to them all.'

Lampard is Chelsea's all-time leading scorer and has won three Premier League titles. Lampard celebrates his third, and final, Premier League title win with Chelsea in 2010. Lampard thanked Jose Mourinho for boosting his playing career. Lampard also managed to reach 102 Premier League assists during his trophy-laden career

Lampard joins Alan Shearer, Thierry Henry, Roy Keane and Eric Cantona in the Hall of Fame.

The Blues legend claims he looked up to those already in the Hall of Fame and is 'honoured' to be mentioned in the same breath as them.

Lampard added: 'As a young lad I remember just wanting to make it into the West Ham team, and looking up to players like Roy Keane, Alan Shearer and Thierry Henry so to be mentioned in the same bracket as them is a real honour. I am very proud and thankful for the recognition.'

Lampard credited his natural goalscoring ability to 'practice and hard work', with the midfielder renowned for his uncanny ability to consistently score from outside the box.

He revealed his favourite strikes of the 177 he scored in the Premier League were against Bolton when Chelsea wrapped up the title in 2005.

'The key for me was practice and hard work,' Lampard said, when asked about his secret to scoring so many goals from midfield.

Quote:
FRANK LAMPARD THANKS JOSE MOURINHO IN HALL OF FAME Q&A

Congratulations on being inducted into the Premier League Hall of Fame. How does it feel to be a Hall of Fame inductee?

'As a young lad I remember just wanting to make it into the West Ham team, and looking up to players like Roy Keane, Alan Shearer and Thierry Henry so to be mentioned in the same bracket as them is a real honour. I am very proud and thankful for the recognition.'

How does it feel to have followed inaugural inductees Alan Shearer and Thierry Henry into the Hall of Fame?

'The Premier League has had so many great players who have achieved so much. Alan and Thierry are icons of the game so to join them is a very proud moment.'

You are a three-time Premier League winner. Do you have a favourite from those three, and why?

'I think that first PL title we won in 2004-05 with that win at Bolton will always be very special. Chelsea had not won the league for 50 years and we had a really strong, young and ambitious team. The celebrations with the fans on that day will stay with me forever.'

You arrived at Chelsea while the club was still in a transitional phase – could you have envisaged that just a few years later you would be a back-to-back Premier League champion?

'I think when Roman took over the club you could see what he wanted to build, and as a team we all had ambitions to win trophies. It's so difficult to win back-to-back titles but Jose instilled that belief in us and the squad had huge talent and a great mentality.'

There was an influx of world-class talent arriving in the years after you joined, did that drive you personally to become the best player you could possibly be?

'It certainly pushed me personally when Chelsea started recruiting top talent from around the world. To remain playing consistently well in a team like Chelsea, with the squad we had, was a big challenge and one that I relished. We all worked hard and were ambitious, so in a way I think we all pushed each other to be the best we could be. It was the norm for players to stay after training and continue working and that is the mentality you need to become winners.'

You are the highest-scoring midfielder in Premier League history, and fifth overall on the all-time list. What was the key factor in you scoring so consistently and do you have a favourite from your 177 Premier League goals?

'The key for me was practice and hard work. I had a talent for arriving and scoring goals. I had done it in all the teams that I played for but to score consistently over that period in the Premier League was mostly down to my hard work and dedication to constantly improve. My favourite goals are the two goals I scored against Bolton when we won the league in 2005. They meant so much to me personally but more importantly it was what they meant to the club and the fans to win the League that year.'

Goals were a huge part of your game, but you also topped the Premier League assist charts in three seasons. How much pleasure did you get out of creating goals for other players?

'People always talk a lot about my goals, but I was just as proud to provide assists for teammates and it was a big part of my game. I was fortunate to play with great players and had a particularly great relationship with Didier for so many years. We would look for each other and know the moves that the other was going to take. Those relationships on the pitch are beautiful!

Who were the biggest influences on your Premier League career, and how did they help you become the player you developed into?

'There have been a lot of people that have influenced me. I guess really Harry Redknapp's belief in me at West Ham to give me the first opportunity, Claudio Ranieri for taking me to Chelsea, and Jose Mourinho for the influence he had on me when he first arrived. However, I took things from all my managers and am thankful to them all.'

'My favourite moments are always the Premier League titles because football is about winning as a team and winning a PL is so difficult. The feeling when you fight all year and succeed is amazing.'
'I had a talent for arriving and scoring goals. I had done it in all the teams that I played for but to score consistently over that period in the Premier League was mostly down to my hard work and dedication to constantly improve.

'My favourite goals are the two goals I scored against Bolton when we won the league in 2005. They meant so much to me personally but more importantly it was what they meant to the club and the fans to win the League that year.'

The former England international is one of the six players of a 23-man shortlist to receive the most combined votes from the Premier League panel and public to be inducted into Hall of Fame.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9594989/Frank-Lampard-named-fifth-player-enter-Premier-Leagues-Hall-Fame.html
Old 21-05-2021, 10:05 AM   #8
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Arsenal legend Dennis Bergkamp named as the sixth player to enter the Premier League's Hall of Fame as Dutchman singles out 2004 win over Leicester to seal Invincible season as his greatest ever game

* Dennis Bergkamp is the sixth player named in the Premier League Hall of Fame
* The Dutchman won three Premier League titles and scored 87 goals for Arsenal
* Bergkamp joins Arsenal legend Thierry Henry and four others in the Hall of Fame
* Arsenal's win over Leicester to seal Invincible status was his greatest game

Dennis Bergkamp has become the sixth player to be inducted into the Premier League's Hall of Fame, it was announced on Wednesday afternoon.

The silky-smooth Dutchman scored 87 goals and provided 94 assists over 315 top flight appearances for the Gunners, helping guide the north Londoners to three Premier League titles.

Bergkamp's arrival at Highbury from Inter Milan in 1995 kickstarted a transformation of English football's top division, with his outstanding technical ability and skill providing the benchmark for the rest of the league.

Dennis Bergkamp has become the sixth player inducted into the Premier League Hall of Fame

The Dutchman won three Premier League titles and helped transform the English game

'It feels special to be part of a small group of players who got the recognition of playing in the strongest league in the world,' Bergkamp told the Premier League's official website. 'I'm honoured.

'I'm extremely proud if people say that I was one of the first foreign players who added something to the English game.

'The Premier League most definitely made me a better player. From the moment I arrived in England I've embraced the English mentality and passion for football, it suited me and my style of play.

'Playing every game against good and tough opponents meant I improved all the time. I've enjoyed every minute of it.'

When asked for the greatest Premier League game he was involved in, Bergkamp reached for a win over Leicester on the last day of the 2003-04 campaign to seal Arsenal's Invincible season.

'Looking back there have been a lot of great matches,' he said. 'If I had to pick one out, it would have to be the last game in the 2003/04 season.

The former Inter Milan star scored 87 goals and provided 94 assists in 315 top flight games. Bergkamp notes Arsenal's Invincible season as one of his greatest achievements in the game

'Beating Leicester meant we had gone the whole season unbeaten in the Premier League. An unbelievable achievement and I am proud to have been part of it.'

The Dutch international was the scorer of one of the Premier League's greatest ever goals, when he executed a magnificent turn and finish against Newcastle United in 2002.

That goal was voted by fans as the best goal scored in the Premier League in the last 25 years.

However, Bergkamp rates his goal to clinch a hat-trick against Leicester in 1997 - the first Premier League hat-trick scored by a Dutchman - higher than the St James' Park strike.

'A lot of people would pick my goal against Newcastle [United, in March 2002],' the Arsenal legend added. 'However, my favourite is the third goal of my hat-trick against Leicester [City] in 1997.

'The run, control, touch and finish all needed to be done at high quality and pace. It was a goal where every move went how I'd planned it in my head.'

Bergkamp joins ex-Arsenal team-mate Thierry Henry as well as Alan Shearer, Roy Keane, Eric Cantona and Frank Lampard in the Hall of Fame.

Quote:
ARSENAL LEGEND DENNIS BERGKAMP 'EXTREMELY PROUD' AFTER HALL OF FAME NOD IN Q&A

It feels special to be part of a small group of players who got the recognition of playing in the strongest league in the world. I'm honoured.

How does it feel to see your name alongside inaugural inductees Alan Shearer and Thierry Henry in the Hall of Fame?

They've had a big impact on football in general and the Premier League in particular. Two great players, role models, true professionals, of course it's great to be named alongside them.

You scored 87 Premier League goals and are renowned for your spectacular and skilful strikes. Do you have a favourite? Why that one?

A lot of people would pick my goal against Newcastle. However, my personal favourite is the 3rd goal of my hat-trick against Leicester in '97. The run, control, touch and finish all needed to be done at high quality and pace. It was a goal where every move went how I'd planned it in my head.

What was the difference in the Premier League you joined with Arsenal in 1995 to the one when you left 10 years later?

Throughout those years the Premier League developed into the best league in the world. The English mentality and passion for football combined with the foreign influence of coaches and players really made the Premier League grow.

Many argue that you played a significant role in that transformation. Do you believe so? Do you take pride in having that influence?

I'm extremely proud if people say that I was one of the first foreign players who added something to the English game.

Did the Premier League improve you as a player? If so, what changes did it make to your game?

The Premier League most definitely made me a better player. From the moment I arrived in England, I embraced the English mentality and passion for football, it suited me and my style of play. Playing every game against good and tough opponents meant I improved all the time. I've enjoyed every minute of it.

It's difficult to pick out one or two people. I was lucky to arrive in a team that respected me from the first day. That helped me a lot to get going. Every season I'd been working with players and coaches who got the best out of me. Also, England and Arsenal suited me and of course the support from my wife, kids and family helped me to succeed.

Very difficult. I've been asked this question before and I always come up with the same answer: I've had 11 seasons in the Premier League with a lot of ups and a few downs, but overall that whole period is my favourite moment.

Is there one Premier League match that stands out in the memory for you?

Looking back there have been a lot of great matches. If I had to pick one out it would have to be the last game in the '03 / '04 season. Beating Leicester meant we had gone the whole season unbeaten in the Premier League. An unbelievable achievement and I'm proud to have been part of it.
Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9595733/Dennis-Bergkamp-named-sixth-player-enter-Premier-Leagues-Hall-Fame.html
Old 21-05-2021, 10:11 AM   #9
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Peter Crouch steps in to defend Steven Gerrard after fans SLAMMED his inclusion in the Premier League's new Hall of Fame - as the only non-title winner among seven legends - by hailing 'one of the best of all time'

* Steven Gerrard has been inducted into the Premier League's Hall of Fame
* The Liverpool legend made 504 appearances for Liverpool from 1998 to 2015
* He never lifted the league title but remains one of the top-flight's greatest ever
* Alan Shearer, Thierry Henry, Eric Cantona, Roy Keane, Frank Lampard and Dennis Bergkamp were the first six retired professionals to be inducted

Peter Crouch took aim at those who criticised Steven Gerrard's induction into the Premier League's Hall of Fame.

Gerrard became the seventh member enrolled into the Hall of Fame following his prestigious career at Liverpool.

Having never gone on to win a Premier League title - the first player inducted not to do so - criticisms were levelled against Gerrard's selection ahead of other shortlisted candidates such as Paul Scholes and John Terry.

Steven Gerrard is the seventh member of the newly created Premier League Hall of Fame

Peter Crouch, an ex-team-mate of Gerrard at Liverpool, defended the midfielder from critics

Tired of the remarks against Gerrard's inclusion, Crouch tweeted: 'People who are saying, "but Steven Gerrard never won the league".

'I believe this is about the best players of all time in the league.

'He is one of those.'

Crouch spent three years with Gerrard at Anfield from 2005 to 2008 where they went on to win the FA Cup together in 2006.

The closest Gerrard came to winning the title was finishing as runner-up in three separate campaigns: 2001-02, 2008-09 and 2013-14.

Alan Shearer and Thierry Henry were the inaugural members of the newly established Hall of Fame, with Eric Cantona, Roy Keane, Frank Lampard and Dennis Bergkamp being added earlier this week.

The Liverpool icon never won the title but established himself as one of the league's best ever. Gerrard (left) spent three years with Crouch (right) and the striker hit back at his critics. Gerrard spent his career at Liverpool and is one of two players to play 500 matches for them

The Liverpool icon is the fifth of six players from a 23-man shortlist to receive the most combined votes from a Premier League panel and fans to be inducted into the Hall of Fame this week. The final player voted in will be revealed later on Thursday.

Gerrard enjoyed a prestigious Premier League career at Anfield where he went on to make 504 appearances between his debut in 1998 and when he walked away in 2015.

The now-Rangers boss - where he has just won the Scottish league title - is one of only two players to make at least 500 appearances for Liverpool in the Premier League era, joining Jamie Carragher, who featured 508 times.

The midfield supremo carved out a reputation as one of the most potent midfielders in front of goal during his prime years at Anfield.

He netted 120 goals and went on to add a further 92 assists during his Premier League career.

Liverpool's former No 8 was named in eight Premier League teams of the season and won six monthly awards.

He is the third former England international to have been inducted so far.

In order to be eligible for induction, players must have been retired by August 1, 2020.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9599461/Steven-Gerrard-named-Premier-Leagues-Hall-Fame.html
Old 21-05-2021, 10:15 AM   #10
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Former England captain David Beckham is the surprise pick as the Premier League Hall of Fame's eighth inductee - edging out Paul Scholes, John Terry and Patrick Vieira

* David Beckham has been inducted into the Premier League's Hall of Fame
* There was surprise that Beckham beat some historical greats to be inducted
* Patrick Vieira, John Terry and Paul Scholes all found themselves overlooked
* Former Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard was enrolled earlier on Thursday
* Alan Shearer, Thierry Henry, Eric Cantona, Roy Keane, Frank Lampard and Dennis Bergkamp were the first six retired professionals to be inducted

David Beckham has become the eighth player inducted into the Premier League's Hall of Fame.

Few expected the former Manchester United and England winger to earn one of the six spots from the shortlist of 23 but he has edged out Paul Scholes, Peter Schmeichel and Rio Ferdinand to be the club's third representative.

'It's an honour to be inducted into the inaugural Premier League Hall of Fame alongside these legends of the game and league,' Beckham told the Premier League following his selection.

David Beckham was the surprise selection as the eighth Premier League Hall of Fame inductee

'The Premier League was such an important part of my career and life and I'm delighted to be recognised alongside these icons who I played with, competed with and looked up to.

'This is made even more of an honour for me knowing that it was down to the fans.

'This past year or so has shown just how important fans are to the game and it's so great to see them slowly being able to come back to stadiums because they make football truly special.

Beckham's inclusion sees Paul Scholes and John Terry overlooked in the top eight. Premier League honours continued as he lifted six league titles in eight seasons at United. Beckham enjoyed great success at United playing under legendary manager Sir Alex Ferguson. Beckham was flashy out wide for United and established himself as a star on and off the pitch

'I've always said that throughout my playing career and beyond, I'm so lucky to have incredible fans who support me no end so thank you to everyone who voted.'

Beckham was keen to stress the importance of Sir Alex Ferguson to his success in English football.

The legendary Scot often clashed with Beckham but the former winger only has words of praise for his old boss.

'The sense of community and family that Sir Alex ensured we all felt was so important,' Beckham added.

'I was lucky to be in a team that I had supported since I was a boy and with a group of players who I had played with for such a long period of time.

'That made us all so much closer as a team. We all fought for each other on the pitch every second. Sir Alex was an incredible manager and there's no way we would have been able to achieve what we did without him. He will always be an inspiration to me.'

Beckham accrued 265 Premier League appearances before he left Old Trafford for Real Madrid in 2003.

The 46-year-old's English top flight record saw him win six league titles, scoring 62 goals and adding 80 assists in the process.

Beckham quickly made a name for himself in the Premier League having come through with the Class of '92 group at United.

On the opening weekend of the 1996-97 season, Beckham sensationally scored from inside his own half against Wimbledon.

Speaking on that goal, Beckham said: 'That Wimbledon goal from the halfway line was an amazing moment.

'Looking back now and seeing photos of it where you can see my mum and dad behind the goal celebrating, that makes it even more special.

'It was a great strike and I'm lucky it went in otherwise I'm sure the manager would have had something to say about it!'

In eight seasons he went on to win six titles as Sir Alex Ferguson's United dominated English football.

Beckham described being a Hall of Fame inductee as an 'honour'. Every inductee receives a personalised medallion for being selected in the Hall of Fame

Only eight players have beaten Beckham's total of 80 league assists, while just three have managed to go beyond his combined tally of 142 goal involvements in the top flight.

Alan Shearer and Thierry Henry were the inaugural members of the newly established Hall of Fame, with Eric Cantona, Roy Keane, Frank Lampard and Dennis Bergkamp being added earlier this week.

Former Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard was the seventh addition having earned his spot from a 23-man shortlist to receive the most combined votes from a Premier League panel.

To be eligible for the Premier League Hall of Fame this year, players had to have been retired as of August 1, 2020, and only a player's Premier League career is considered in their candidacy.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9600315/David-Beckham-named-Premier-Leagues-Hall-Fame.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 12
adaastopa5922, Andi Istiabudi, annetapitt5084, bbobbyitta5057, braausasda9593, h-ANG, jehnzhulze7993, Ompiter, penk22_, rio vander vidic, van_bonax, zudomiriku