United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 03-02-2020, 08:33 AM   #3751
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wayne Mark Rooney

Wayne Rooney scored a stunning 20-yard free-kick as Derby thrashed Stoke 4-0 on Friday

Rooney was brilliant from start to finish at the heart of Derby's midfield at Pride Park

Derby boss Philip Cocu showed his appreciation when Rooney was withdrawn late on
Old 05-02-2020, 08:37 AM   #3752
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Wayne Rooney was on the scoresheet for Derby to help set up a FA Cup tie with Man United

The former United striker scored a 77th-minute penalty during Derby's win over Northampton
Old 05-02-2020, 08:53 AM   #3753
rio vander vidic
first team
-

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
rio vander vidic has a spectacular aura aboutrio vander vidic has a spectacular aura about

ini derby bakal ketemu united!! seru nih liat rooney jadi lawan lagi😆
rio vander vidic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 11:07 AM   #3754
tumpal_oneunited
captain
Once United Always United!!

Mentioned: 165 Post(s)
tumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond repute

Woow...ketemu Rooney nih..hehehe
Mantaap
tumpal_oneunited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 09:06 AM   #3755
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'He knows Manchester United like no one else': Derby boss Phillip Cocu says Wayne Rooney's insider knowledge will be 'extremely important' against his former club in their FA Cup clash

* Rams captain Wayne Rooney has had a huge impact since arriving at Pride Park
* And Phillip Cocu thinks Rooney's experience at United can help them Thursday
* Cocu admits the attention Rooney draws eases the pressure on younger players
* Rooney is set to be utilised tactically by Cocu and his staff against former side

Derby boss Phillip Cocu believes Wayne Rooney's experience and insider knowledge will be 'extremely important' when they play his former side Manchester United in the FA Cup fifth round.

The Rams captain and former England skipper has had a huge impact since arriving at Pride Park in January, in both a playing and coaching capacity.

Thursday's home tie against the Red Devils is a massive opportunity for Cocu's side and the Dutchman reckons Rooney's Old Trafford pedigree will be a major factor.

'Of course Wayne is very important, and maybe even more so in this game because he knows Manchester United like no-one else,' he said.

'He knows the players, the level of performance, what is needed in those big games. So yes, it will be extremely important for us on Thursday.'

Cocu admits the amount of attention Rooney draws helps ease the pressure on some of his younger, inexperienced squad.

'I think it could be important for the rest of the team,' he said. 'He's used to the big games, he's used to the attention.

The Rams captain and ex-England skipper has had a huge impact since arriving at Pride Park. Phillip Cocu reckons Rooney's United pedigree will be a major factor in the Thursday game. Rooney, who has never won a point against United, will be utilised tactically by Cocu

'So maybe it will only have a positive influence on his performance, I think. But if you're not used to playing these kind of games, it's better that the attention goes to more senior players and you just focus on your task and your job in the team.'

Rooney - who has never scored or even won a point against United in six Premier League games before or after his 13-year stint there - will be utilised tactically by Cocu and his staff.

'We speak with Wayne before every game,' the Rams boss said. 'He joins in with the technical staff in preparation for games, to analyse the opponent, to select the clips we want to study.

'I always ask his opinion not only for this game because he obviously knows the club very well, but I think this is the way we work. He is a player that's the most important, and he wants to play, but he's also very involved in the team tactics and how we approach the game.

'So yes we'll use that for this game, and we won't change that.'

Cocu is eager to take the pressure off his young side when Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's team roll into town.

'I try not to say much to the players about the occasion,' he said. 'I want to just let them enjoy the game and focus on playing football. Then it's up to the senior players to lead the team and follow the game-plan and just let the young guys enjoy it.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8070237/Derby-boss-says-Wayne-Rooneys-insider-knowledge-extremely-important-against-Man-United.html
Old 05-03-2020, 09:16 AM   #3756
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Now I'm a coach I know the real reason Fergie kept having a go at me! Wayne Rooney hails impact Sir Alex Ferguson had on his career at Manchester United as he prepares to face former side with Derby County in FA Cup

* Now a player-coach, Wayne Rooney understands Sir Alex Ferguson even more
* Working under the legendary Scot at Manchester United proved an education
* Ferguson's methods have extra meaning now Rooney is working to be a coach
* Rooney comes up against his former side when United face Derby in the FA Cup

It's when Wayne Rooney is asked whether any of Sir Alex Ferguson's old man-management ruses make more sense to him, now he is a player-coach, that the first smile breaks out.

'I know what you're saying,' he replies. 'I always remember as a kid, every half-time, arguing with him, constantly. I remember thinking, "Why does he keep having a go at me? There's players far worse than I've been!" Then the older you get, the more you realise why he's doing it. He's obviously aiming at other players who can't take it….'

The 'other' he has in mind is Nani, a player Ferguson once called 'pure raw material' but who had a habit of dribbling when a pass was required at times.

Wayne Rooney is now a player-coach at Derby County who is influenced by Sir Alex Ferguson. Rooney reflects on working under the fiery Scot as the 'best I've ever seen' in management. Rooney picks out his fall-out with Ferguson at the end as one of his lows at Manchester United

'He would have a go at me for dribbling,' Rooney says, continuing the Ferguson train of thought. 'I very rarely dribble… well, I dribbled a bit more then… but [with] Nani, it would just maybe trigger something in [his] head, thinking, "Oh maybe I shouldn't dribble as much." He knew how to get that message across without being… without losing it. If he spoke to Nani the way he spoke to me, he'd break down in tears. He wouldn't be able to go back out!'

This assessment is accurate, needless to say.

One of the post-match utterances Ferguson most regretted was a negative comment about Nani after United had lost 5-4 to Chelsea in a League Cup game in 2012. Rooney, though, could take anything Ferguson gave him and return it with interest.

'It was good - and for me as well,' he says, grasping for a way of defining the pleasure of those days which already seem to belong in a different lifetime.

'I enjoyed it. As players, you want to win and of course you have to be respectful. He was the manager. But the one thing which never happened, it never got carried on. The game was over, we forgot about it and moved on.'

Rooney's referencing of Ferguson has been one of the most striking aspects of his venture across the coaching frontier at Derby County where – with one of those delicious twists that football provides – he will face United in the FA Cup 5th Round on Thursday night.

There can be no disguising that it did not end well between the two of them. Rooney was dropped so frequently by Ferguson during the Scot's last season that he asked to leave, the day after the team last won the Premier League, seven years ago.

He was not even in the squad 20 days later for Ferguson's Old Trafford swansong against Swansea City. The great manager's autobiography creates a sad and indelible sense that Ferguson never quite forgave Rooney for publicly asking to leave United in the autumn of 2010.

It is telling that Rooney cites that episode when asked for his United 'lows', during a quick-fire round of questions at the end of this interview.

'There was obviously the time when I nearly left the club,' he says. 'Which I regret.' But it may be even more gratifying for the 78-year-old to find Rooney citing his old ways of understanding the individual while managing him as a footballer.

'I think it's important you get to know the person,' Rooney says. 'Obviously, you see them as players but it's important you get to know them as characters - as a person - and then make a decision how you are going to [approach them]. You know - if you're going to have a go at them, if you're going to put your arm around them. The man management, I think is really important.'

Derby's players already attest to this being the way he does things. 'We talk a lot about football but not always the football he wants to see in the team. He get to know you, too,' says Max Bird, arguably the most improved Derby player since Rooney arrived and began operating alongside him at the back of midfield.

The 34-year-old's world has turned in so many ways. He was asked to be a studio guest for United's match at Everton on Sunday, though concluded on second thoughts that tactically dissecting Thursday's opponents on national television was not ideal. He watched on TV instead.

'It's a bit different now,' he says. 'I was looking at how United set up and looking at maybe where their weaknesses are, where we can hurt them.' Making notes, then? 'Yeah - just obviously in preparation for the game.'

He now appreciates the risks attached to chipping in with a tactical contribution, too. 'I think the one [big difference] is that you sometimes make a suggestion on players to play, or you make a suggestion on how we should play or a set-piece and you're thinking: "I hope this works!" Of course they don't always pay off.'

It has helped Rooney's integration that Derby's phlegmatic Dutch manager Phillip Cocu is collegiate, comfortable in his own skin and clearly not threatened by his presence. 'He's open to that [input], of course, and with all the staff,' Rooney says. 'I think the best managers do. You can't be naive and think "I'm going to do it all my own way."'

Rooney has come in and helped the younger players at Derby as he coaches on the pitch. His performance at Sheffield Wednesday recently was hailed and he remains a player at heart

Rooney's tendency to run to the bench while team-mates celebrate a goal signifies the new contribution - though not always. 'The lads were too far away! I was just getting a drink and waiting for them to come back,' he says of one such occasion.

He's a player at heart though. The settings here are more prosaic. A parents' day for prospective academy players is the dominant event of the day at the training ground, where he walks into a room to talk wearing sandals identified as his by initials scrawled in pen. But he's glittered in the quarter back role – always denied him by Jose Mourinho at United – where his stellar display in victory at Sheffield Wednesday five days ago was typical of many.

There's the same old appreciation of space, angles, trajectories, the ebb and flow of a match and how to exploiting weakness. All of it intuitive.

'I think some people think playing midfield is more demanding but it is more about having the endurance,' he says.

'There's not as much high-speed running, so that's not a problem. Then it is about trying to get on the ball and trying to drag players out of position. A lot of the games teams try to put players on me, they have in a few of the games which allows me to drag them out of position and leave space.'

It's actually more complicated than that. 'He picks up unnatural positions and drifts into areas that make it difficult to get up and put pressure on him. He disrupts your shape,' Stoke manager Michael O'Neill said on a recent night when Rooney had carved his team apart, too.

His first goal arrived with a 'panenka' penalty against Fulham at Pride Park on February 21. Acting in a quarterback role with Derby, Rooney is thriving at the back of the club's midfield

He will need legs around him on Thursday as United will challenge him with a pace displayed by few sides in a fairly average Championship this season. 'It's not a game where we are going to be fearing Manchester United,' he insists of his old team. 'We need to go onto this game believing we have a chance.'

There will be satisfaction in demonstrating to a national audience that the flame still burns. And, to Everton that they owed him more than an ignominious exit after one season back at the club. He spent three frustrating months trying to establish if owner Farhad Moshiri actually wanted him there. That rankles, he admits.

'It was a big thing for me to go back there. There were things that got said, or didn't get said. All I wanted from Everton was a bit of honesty with the situation. I said to them "I'm not a child, I'll accept whatever you want to happen here." That was the only disappointment. But Everton is a fantastic club.'

Thoughts are moving to a life beyond the pitch now, though. 'That's life, unfortunately! I… preferred it [to be as it was] ten years ago,' he reflects. 'We all get older. You have to move into something different. I can't play forever. I love the game and I want to stay in it so this is where I am. I want to learn.

'I think it's a shame when you see great players walking away and not really having a go at management or coaching.'

By July, he aims to have completed his UEFA 'A' License, which will involve work at St George's Park this summer, and then apply for a place on the Pro License course next January.

Whether this translates into a future in management is unclear, of course. The development of Bird, whom Rooney sees as future England material, and Jason Knight, an 18-year-old Irish Under-21 midfielder provide initial testament to his capacity to pass on some of what he has and to inspire. But you can't teach the talent that he has brought to the game.

As groundings go, a dressing room seat in front of Ferguson for 13 years is not too shabby.

'I don't think you will get better than how he managed his players and the trust he gave them to manage the dressing room themselves,' Rooney says of the man who brought him his greatest days in football. 'That management. It's the best I've ever seen.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8075451/Wayne-Rooney-hails-impact-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-career-Manchester-United.html
Old 05-03-2020, 09:31 AM   #3757
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'United were the one team I wanted to draw': Wayne Rooney tells former team-mate Wes Brown the only side he wanted Derby to get in the FA Cup fifth round was his old club in Manchester

* Rooney said they were on the bus when the draw was announced and cheered
* The 34-year-old answered questions from old United team-mate Wes Brown
* He added: 'So it's a challenge but something which we're all looking forward to'

Wayne Rooney has said the one team he wanted to face in the FA Cup fifth round was his old club Manchester United.

The Derby captain said the Rams were on the bus to a hotel when the draw was announced and they all cheered.

The 34-year-old former England skipper was answering questions from old team-mate Wes Brown for Manchester United TV.

Brown, 40, said: 'So you scored in the fourth round replay, against Northampton and that set up a game against your former team Manchester United.

'Are you looking forward to that?'

Rooney said: 'Can't wait. It was obviously the one team I wanted was Man United when the draw was announced.

'We were on the coach actually going to the hotel the night before a game when the draw was taking place. There was a cheer when Manchester United come up in the draw.

Rooney said he 'can't wait', adding:' It's a challenge but something we're all looking forward to'. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has warned his players to be wary of the threat posed by Wayne Rooney

'But no it's obviously a great draw for us to have Manchester United come for the fans, it's a great game to draw a great game to go to and for us as a team it's a great challenge for us to come up against Manchester United and see if we can beat them.

'So it's a challenge but something which we're all looking forward to.'

His comments come after United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer told his players to watch out for Rooney at Pride Park because 'he wants to prove there is still fight in the old dog'.

Rooney (2nd left) represented Manchester United with distinction - winning five league titles

It will be Rooney's third game against his old side since leaving Old Trafford in 2017, having lost both Premier League fixtures as an Everton player that season.

But Solskjaer believes his old team-mate will still be a threat despite his age, and joked any goals he scores will be taken off his record 253 for United.

Solskjaer said: 'He's a threat in and around the box with set-plays, and in this game Wayne will show what he can do.

'He wants to prove there is still fight in the old dog. We've got to be on our toes and don't give him any space in midfield. He's got that Scholesy [Paul Scholes] like passing range.

'Wazza gave absolutely everything for this club. But any goal he scores against us will be chalked off his goals tally!

'He's been a fantastic player for Man United and he played here for so long. He's the club's top scorer and won so many trophies. I don't think the fans underrated him, everyone appreciates what he did for us.

'He's still welcome, he still comes to Old Trafford and will get a good reception from away fans.'

Asked if he could have foreseen Rooney going into coaching, Solskjaer replied: 'Maybe not. Of course, I left in 2011, so that's many years ago and he was still young, but I met him a few times and the interest in football, he wants to stay in the game as many of us do.

'He's a great, great person, he makes you feel good if you're 80 or 10. He was my son Noah's favourite player, not just because what he did as a player but the human being he was in and around the place.

'When he becomes a manager he'll affect his players and he knows the game.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8074627/Wayne-Rooney-says-wanted-Derby-FA-Cup-Manchester-United.html
Old 05-03-2020, 09:31 AM   #3758
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Wayne Rooney Tak Mau Kasih Ampun Manchester United
Afif Farhan - detikSport

Jakarta - Manchester United akan bertamu ke Derby County dalam babak kelima Piala FA. Striker Derby yang juga mantan pemain MU, Wayne Rooney tak mau kasih ampun.

MU akan tandang ke markas Derby di babak kelima Piala FA di Pride Park Stadium, Jumat (6/3/2020) dini hari WIB. Derby jadi klub ketiga yang diperkuat Wayne Rooney usai hengkang dari Old Trafford pada 2017.

Meski tak muda lagi, Rooney tetap diwaspadai diwaspadai Solskjaer. Penyerang 34 tahun itu sejauh ini mencetak empat gol dan dua assist dalam 14 kali penampilan bersama Derby.

Dilansir dari The Independent, Wayne Rooney menyatakan akan tampil maksimal untuk Derby County. Meski, dia adalah seorang legenda untuk Manchester United.

"Saya begitu mencintai tiap waktu kala memperkuat MU. Tapi kini, saya adalah pemain Derby," tegasnya.

"Untuk 90 menit nanti, saya mau Manchester United kalah," lanjut Rooney.

Bagi Rooney, Piala FA akan menjadi ajang hidup-mati untuk Derby County. Derby sendiri kini berkutat di papan tengah Divisi Championship di Inggris, alias kasta kedua setelah Premier League.

"Piala FA sangat penting untuk Derby. Tapi setelah pertandingan nanti, saya akan kembali menjadi fan MU dan mau mereka menang terus," tutupnya.
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 09:50 AM   #3759
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Kalau jenggotan gini, Rooney jadi mirip orang Skotlandia

EXCLUSIVE: ROONEY ON DERBY, UNITED AND SOLSKJAER

From the moment he joined Derby County, Manchester United were the team Wayne Rooney wanted to be drawn against in this season's Emirates FA Cup.

Our all-time leading goalscorer can't wait for Thursday's fifth-round tie but he is also determined to win – and score – against the Reds at Pride Park. That’s what the club legend happily admits during an exclusive and relaxed interview with his former Old Trafford team-mate Wes Brown, to preview the much-anticipated knockout contest.

As you can read in the full Q&A below, Rooney reflects happily on his time with DC United in MLS and provides a fascinating insight into his recent move to the Championship, before offering his assessment on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and the progress that he is making as United manager. So what are you waiting for? Get stuck into our exclusive catch-up between two old friends…

Thanks for coming in today, Wayne. First of all, what has it been like since you've been back in England and playing with Derby?
“It's been nice, Wes. Obviously, it was a good experience to go out to the States and play there, playing football in a different culture and country. But to be back home has been nice and playing with Derby in the Championship has been good. We've been in good form of late and hopefully that continues, so we can have a push to the play-offs.”

Why Derby then and why the Championship? I played in the Championship and it was so different. If anything, it was tougher...
“I think Derby is a club that has shown over the last few years in particular how good their ambitions are. They are trying to take that next step by getting into the Premier League. I spoke to them and it was important to me to have a coaching role, to put me onto that next step and transition from player to coach. Derby was the best fit and it has been going well, I am enjoying it.”

I'd love to see you as a manager by the way! But you're a coach at the moment, so what do you do on a day-to-day basis?
“Obviously, it is with the first team. I am not putting sessions on because I am still training. But all of the organisation, all of the preparation, for whoever we are playing, the opponents, with the video analysis, the meetings with the staff, I am involved with all of them, trying to give us the best preparation for the games at the weekend or in midweek.”

It looks like you have settled in well and have scored goals. Have you managed to keep up with the pace?
“Yeah, I have always naturally been quite fit...”

Have you?
“Yeah, you know that [laughs]! So I have played for 90 minutes in all of the games barring one. It is a different role that I have been playing in as well, I have been playing in a midfield role, and physically it is no problem.”

You scored in the FA Cup fourth-round replay to set up this fifth-round tie against United. Are you looking forward to it?
“I can't wait! Obviously, the draw, the one team I wanted was Manchester United. We were on the coach, actually, going to the hotel the night before a game when the draw was taking place and there was a cheer when United came out. It is a great draw for us, having United come to our ground and for the fans it is a great game to go to. For us as a team it is a great challenge for us to come up against Manchester United, to see if we can beat them. It is a challenge but it is something we are all looking forward to.”

How are you going to feel, facing United? I have done it with Sunderland and it was so weird, because you have a history at United. You are the top goalscorer and the club is going to love you forever! So, if you score, are you going to celebrate?
“Yeah, of course [laughs]. My time at Manchester United, I loved every minute of it. I am a Derby County player now and I want to win with Derby County. For that 90 minutes, or 120 minutes, obviously I want Manchester United to lose. Everyone will understand that I want Derby to win in this game and after that I will go back to being a Manchester United fan and wanting them to win.”

Very good answer! Now, Ole is now the manager and he's an old team-mate, so how will you be when you first see him as the boss?
“I have seen Ole a few times now that he's been in the job and it will be nice to see him, Michael Carrick and a few of the players I played with who are still there. It will be nice to see them and catch up after the game, to have a chat. But this is a game that is a big opportunity for us to go into the quarter-finals of the FA Cup, and obviously for Manchester United, there is this and the Europa League where they have a chance to win a trophy this season, so we know that they won't be taking it lightly.”

Changing the subject now, how was the MLS and are you glad you went to play in the States?
“Yeah it was good for me. It was important for me to go out there and have that experience, having been in the Premier League for my whole career where you get a lot of things done for you - and MLS is completely different to that. Obviously, now I'm in the Championship as well, these experiences will help me when I do go into a managerial role.”

What's the biggest difference? When I watch it, I think that it's a bit slower but everybody looks fit and quick. They look like good athletes, so would you say it is the tactical side?

“Yeah, without doubt. Everyone there is a fit, strong, good athlete, but that tactical awareness is not at the level that European football is at. It is getting better. There are some very good South American players in the league and some good American players also, so it is getting better. I said when I left that there are a lot of changes they have to make, to make sure they keep pushing forward.”

Which is the best dressing room you have been in – Everton, Manchester United, DC United or Derby?
“Without doubt it was the Manchester United one. I was there for so many years and to be in there with team-mates, but also people who you keep in touch with as friends.”

Something I wanted to ask you was... when you played for us, you used to get a bit fiery, whereas I would be very calm. So, did my five-second rule ever come into your head when something went wrong on the pitch, or did you learn that with experience?
“I am still trying to learn it now at times. It actually came into play a couple of weeks ago when we played Luton away. I went in the dressing room and I absolutely erupted. I had to take myself away before I went too far. I took myself into the shower area and had a few seconds to myself.”

Finally, is the beard staying or is it going?
“I don't know. It is getting a bit long now. I will trim it, I don't know, but I think I will probably keep it.”

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 10:09 AM   #3760
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'It is going to take time... fans need to be a bit patient': Wayne Rooney insists it could take 'two or three years' before Manchester United get back on top...and Derby veteran says former side must learn from success of Liverpool

* Manchester United will need 'two or three years' to return to the top again
* That is the opinion held by the club's greatest ever goalscorer Wayne Rooney
* Money is not the answer in Rooney's opinion in getting United back on top
* He cites Liverpool as a club model that United must look to try and learn from

Manchester United will need 'two or three years' to compete at the top of British football again and cannot simply throw cash at the problem, their former captain and record goal-scorer Wayne Rooney has declared.

Rooney, who faces United as Derby County's player-coach in the FA Cup Fifth Round on Thursday night, cited Liverpool – a club he has no love for – as one of the models of success which his old team must learn from.

Rooney said: 'It is going to take time. It is going to take another two or three years, I believe. They need to bring some players, they need to get rid of some players.

Manchester United teams since Sir Alex Ferguson retired have struggled to meet expectations

Wayne Rooney, United's all-time top scorer, feels it could take United years to get back on top. Rooney had rich success at United as a player but accepts the club is not at that level currently

'It's not going to happen [as a quick fix]. They've tried that with [Louis] van Gaal, with [Jose] Mourinho.

'If you look at Liverpool and what they've done, and Man City, you're not going to buy a team to go and challenge with them. You see with Liverpool - they've built that team.

'[Pep] Guardiola has gradually brought more players in and his way of playing.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is the man currently tasked with delivering Champions League football. Rooney admitted that table-topping Liverpool are an example that United should learn from

'So United have to be a bit patient and try and build a team that will be able to challenge those two. The Manchester United fans need to be a bit patient with what is going on.'

The 34-year-old made it clear ahead of Thursday's game that his heart is still at Old Trafford. His 13 years there with Sir Alex Ferguson was 'the main part of my career,' he insisted.

Rooney said: 'I love Manchester United as a football club. I want them to win and I want them to be successful. But for this game, I want them to lose. I want us to try to get to the quarter-finals and progress.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8075457/Wayne-Rooney-insists-two-three-years-Manchester-United-top.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 415
-bloodflowers-, -Ybb3F-, 73Rien, A.Per Utd, a3karona, Aba_MaczUnited, ABCers, abdu muhammad, Abe7, abramboyz, aci rubiarto, adelberth, AdhiX, Adit Ahong, adi_Giggsy, AdministratoR, adnan44, Agoenk Mancunian, Agussova, agylbonez, ajier307, akbar15, Akhira Yolanda, alandesta, albriham, aldysetiabudi, alfafianjihan, alfiandrmwn, Alin Giggs, ali_iyan, alpben, aMieBeckz, Anak.Kecil, anaZT, and1, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, ANDRE INX, Andrihard, andry1813, andrydjemb4, anenk_garcia, Anto MJ, Ardhie Nemanja, ardie febrianto, Ardiey11, arians69, arief rachman, arief_oct, Arif VDS, arik_, arnaldo_x1, Arra, arymashuda, aryotejoo, Aso Chrisjefta, asririzky, ayahocta, Ayunda, AzeesHernandez, aziz rizal, Azrul Red United, bangkit, bang_zak, beckz_on7, bhowz, bimbim, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, bmanutd, bobby_permana, bombom, bondansetiaji, Brian Agni, bucay deathbat, Bulma, Candra_nm, cernanlantang, chafor, chest, chincarito, christof_ww, cimbuang69, clsenz, CRvidi, Cupy, cutehiruma, d10neladitya, Dafi de gea, damar, dannyboy, dayat_5, Deddy Hernandez, DeE_, denyun#17, derajulio, DermawanIsUnitedFans, dery pramudito, der_emperor, dhanimrh10, dhany_kai, dhanz77, Dhie_Cantona07, dhodoadrian, dhonatz, dims23, dluisgabriel, DonMafioso, Dony17, dudut, dummy, Dwi Oktarina, dyan_giggs, ecly_watchaa, edoardo, edobae, edosaragih, edroid, Efri Loebay, Eka UPC, ekomasihoke, Elpiji, endhy_cantona, enzosr017, erin, erland_lie, eyeofday, fadilbedil, fadlysyah, fadnaticdevils, Fajar_, fajrinited, farhaanongehhMUFC, FauCAN7ONA, Febri Angga, Febribule, febza, felly_liu, Fendy setyawan, fercuy, ferly_Liemz, ferrizt, fetem, fey777, fhadhlan oktavansa, fickarardana, fikrirf, finza_13, FirdaAnnisa, Fitransyah Putra, fredrian.seven, frengkysme182, frmnsyh_KEANO, Ganda_aja, Gaza, GeaErang, Ghanyonk Galih, ghopoereds, ghostman, giantz, giggs26, Gilang Raka, gindalubis, goodfron, Gustar_UIBontang, Gustiono, h-ANG, Hairul_Vfc, Haji Paidin, Hand_rooney, HaRrY-UIK, hendiplast, HenryRooney07, herzgiggsy, hevny9, hiiyuu, holydragoon, hombreng, HRHMU86, hwstars94, hzent, iamsetia, iblismerah, icalace, iCarus, id4y, ilyasprawibawa, ilz, imamghazali, ImranImoh30, Imron Setyo C, intjeachmad, ipay, irfan_mancunianred, irfan_thered, irfi_1, irhamutd, irulrozikin, IskandarJool, ismail saleh, Ivank, ivanzferdinand, jifortin, Jodirama, jojo poenya, joule27, jun sa, Juni HW, JustUnited, kahfi, kevinchoc, kingherooney, KingVida, King_Cantona, kinyaerwanda, kocomotoo, Lang25, lapanlapan, larukuga, lholob, Lila, littlebig, louis_ozhan, loveUNITED, Lucky_Cantona007, LUKIwae, lusiarha, lutviarfiansyah, Mahesa_Jenar, Mamenamenz, marsel david, marviel, matthewsamad, mbah mangun, MCR7, Merahponod90, Michael10, MichaelMU, mousetrap, Mritik123, MUFC1878, muh. rasyid, Muhammad Alam, Muhammad Nizar, muhammad rere albani, MuhFher, Muzen Sebastian, mygalzbiatch, Nachir_79, nanando, nandz, nay, ncut_lgx, NdeGue, neoradtz, Nickz09, nobitanta, noeleosinaga, noerdiana 11, novafajaraditya, novanprihasa, nyaprad_chip, obed ne, octus, oldark, Ole_Solskjær, ollacarla, Om Juna, om tato, Oom Panda, paiman, panda777, penk22_, Philipus, pongsamma, prahmono, pukimax, Pure_red, pweechevalier, quieroricos, rambo_rooney, randiex, ranggaviegaz, Rean, red, Red Devils 07, Red Stain, reddevilmaniac, redianayuherda, Redsbusby, red_devilz, red_girl_mia, Regasiqbal, revald, reynaldjhonson, reza willya, RichardEdwards, richardo_adolfo, rio vander vidic, Riskur, Rizana, rizky na, rizkyfauzi26, rndr_UICSumenep, robby7beckham, Robiescream, rohibur rizqi, ronald hars, ronysnaja, Roo10, Roronoa Rooney, Rudy_tabooti, ruffy3rd, Ryan Smith, Ryan_lallo, SaifulArmstrong, sandra putri, SatriaRedArmy, selthyzer, sepatu_ancur, setiawans001, sir_otz, skunk19, smile_boy, sofiaismaniar, sompretz, SR 7, stamansa, stenlie, Subagio U. Arra, sudhy nebo, Sulawan77, SuperBecks, sutimbul, sw19bear, swareksa, Syarifeghy, take68, tasho, Tata_redknightMUFC, taz_devil_utd, teukurevi5, theater of dream, Thomas, TomEnrico, tothenator, Trezz Kiko, Triguna Wibawa, tri_roban, tumpal_oneunited, tyquack, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, uicb-dyz, unai cantona, UNITED1878, united7, unitedlogy, unromantic_dio, utdMaleoLuwuk, Uwie_andriana, VaDLi, vankyoet, vanrayen, Vanz Wazza, Van_Munandar, vdgquintana, Victory, victory II, vivasoilsolid, wahyou91, waynehanks, WayneRooney, wazza ui, wazzapoetra, wazza_ampuh, Wengge Schmeichel, Wigatrisna SB, william metta, wimastio.aryo, wira_ozora, xkeiszglf34, xShugo, Yayat Dg Kulle, yockel_777, yogiromadhona, yogo, yohanRED, YRgoFManpm, yudha septian, Yuli NewNew, Zakaria Jhack, zan_mufc, zeavhere, Zee de Wazza, Zhacc20, zilas77, zudomiriku, [skywalker], [UI]phy'kamikaze