United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 24-03-2021, 10:09 AM   #361
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Luke Shaw

Luke Shaw opens up on having 'no confidence' and 'losing my belief' due to Jose Mourinho's tough love at Manchester United, but praises Ole Gunnar Solskjaer for helping him to recover

* Luke Shaw is a contender for Manchester United's player of the season award
* But it has not always been quite so good for the left-back at Old Trafford
* Shaw has opened up on how hard he found things under Jose Mourinho

Luke Shaw has opened up on the crisis of confidence that he endured during Jose Mourinho's tenure as Manchester United manager.

The England international was often singled out by Mourinho for not fulfilling his talent and Mourinho even once claimed Shaw played well in a game against Everton because 'I was making every decision for him.'

Now, under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Shaw is producing his finest form yet in a United shirt since arriving at Old Trafford in a £30m move from Southampton in 2014 and is even a player of the season contender at the club.

Luke Shaw has been one of Manchester United's best performers so far this season. But Shaw has had struggles at the club in the past, particularly under Jose Mourinho

'I don't want to come across like I was a little kid who could not deal with being put under pressure because at a big club like Manchester United,' Shaw told Sky Sports. 'You are always going to be under pressure and under the spotlight. That makes you mentally stronger.

'But I had no confidence at that time. I was losing my belief. I think that is what changed with Ole. He managed me right and I got my confidence back and I am really enjoying it at the moment.

'Enjoyment and confidence. For me, they are the two biggest things you need on the pitch. You need that belief in your ability to perform at the highest level. I feel I have that now.'

Shaw was effusive in his praise for Solskjaer's man management ability, underlining how impressed he has been with how the Norwegian takes the pressure off the shoulders of the United squad.

'He deals with situations perfectly in terms of what is needed, especially at a big club like Manchester United,' Shaw said.

'He takes the pressure off the lads and takes it all himself. Sometimes it is not fair because we are the ones on the pitch and we need to take our fair share too. For me, especially, from what I had before Ole came in, it is a total difference. It has pushed me to a new level.'

Shaw has praised Ole Gunnar Solskjaer for helping him rediscover his best form at United. Shaw is currently with the England squad, looking to add to the eight caps he was won so far

Over the weekend, there were reports that United are going to enter contract talks with Shaw to reward him for his impressive form this season.

The 25-year-old signed an five-year deal back in 2018 which is believed to be worth around £150,000-a-week - terms that he will see an improvement on in any new agreement.

Shaw is currently with the England squad ahead of World Cup qualifying and is looking to add to the eight caps he has to his name.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9393425/Luke-Shaw-opens-having-no-confidence-losing-belief-Jose-Mourinho.html
Old 29-03-2021, 10:06 AM   #362
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Luke Shaw is 'just pipping' Ben Chilwell for an England starting spot after setting up Harry Kane's opener in Albania, says Ashley Cole - as Man United defender admits he'd been 'regretting' not taking previous chances under Gareth Southgate

* Luke Shaw laid on an assist in England's 2-0 victory over Albania on Sunday night
* The Manchester United man was making his first Three Lions cap since 2018
* Ashley Cole claims Shaw is ahead of Chelsea's Ben Chillwell in the left-back race
* The ex-England star claims Shaw is currently in line to be starting at Euro 2020

Ashley Cole admits Luke Shaw is ahead of Ben Chilwell in the race to become England's first-choice left-back at this summer's European Championship.

Manchester United defender Shaw made his first England appearance since 2018 on Sunday during the Three Lions' 2-0 victory in Albania, playing the full 90 minutes and setting up Harry Kane's opener in the World Cup qualifying win.

Chelsea man Chilwell was England's stand-out option at left back for several months before Shaw's recent resurgence but Cole claimed the United man will keep his spot if he remains consistent until the rest of the season.

Ashley Cole says Luke Shaw is in line to become England's left back at Euro 2020. Shaw played in England's 2-0 win over Albania on Sunday and set up Harry Kane's opener

The former England left back, who received 107 caps as an international himself, told ITV Sport on Sunday: 'Shaw's just pipping Chilwell.

'At the moment, Shaw's in the lead, but going into the last few games of the Premier League, it's a question of keeping consistency.'

In his first England game back since a friendly defeat by Spain in the autumn of 2018, Shaw put in a brilliant delivery for Three Lions skipper Kane to head home on 38 minutes.

Mason Mount would go on to seal the points with a second-half strike but England have registered their third consecutive clean sheet under Southgate and their eighth shutout in 11 international matches.

It was Shaw's first England game since 2018 but Cole insists the Man United man is first-choice. Shaw is competing alongside Ben Chilwell for a left-back spot in the England side

United left back Shaw earned his spot following a brilliant couple of months at club level. The 25-year-old has registered one Premier League goal and laid on four assists since the start of February in his best run of games at Old Trafford to date.

Shaw is now in a direct left-back competition with Chilwell, who started Thursday's 5-0 win over San Marino at Wembley, though Arsenal's Bukayo Saka could also be a rival should Southgate opt to use wing-backs this calendar year.

The defender has been in the England set-up since he was 18-year-old and now has nine international caps to his name, but has now admitted he did not take the Three Lions chances presented to him in the past.

The 25-year-old told ITV after the Albania win on Sunday: 'I am very happy to win on my first game back.

'Gareth (Southgate) said it before that we are really on to clean sheets at the moment and we got one. Three points and job done. I am happy to be back in the fold.

'The last two years I have been watching the games and regretted not being able to take my chances when I had them and I'm so happy to be back. Even if I'm not playing and am just around the squad it's still brilliant.

'Of course I would love to be in the Euros squad, every English player would love to. There is high competition. Chilly (Chilwell) played the other night and was outstanding. Competition is great and I will keep pushing myself.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9412203/Luke-Shaw-just-pipping-Ben-Chilwell-England-starting-spot-Euro-2020-says-Ashley-Cole.html
siapakah yg akan menjadi bek kiri utama timnas Inggris di Euro 2020 nanti, apakah Shaw atau Chilwell?
Old 30-03-2021, 09:34 AM   #363
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Luke Shaw reveals huge regret at snubbing England duty in previous seasons over injury fears... but Manchester United defender vows to take second chance ahead of Euro 2020

* Luke Shaw has vowed to seize his second chance with England national team
* Shaw played the full 90 minutes for the Three Lions against Albania on Sunday
* Due to injuries, Shaw wondered whether he would play for England again

Luke Shaw has vowed to seize his second chance with England, after fearing he had squandered his international career with some decisions he deeply regrets.

On the back of a superb season for Manchester United, Shaw played the full 90 minutes against Albania on Sunday. It was his ninth cap, but it came seven years and three weeks after he made his England debut.

Shaw has always been highly regarded by the FA but has a history of pulling out of squads with fitness issues. The tipping point came three seasons ago.

First, he withdrew from Nations League games against Croatia and Spain in October 2018. He then pulled out of the March 2019 squads, for Euro 2020 qualifiers against the Czech Republic and Montenegro, and that led to a two-year absence. During that time, Shaw wondered whether he would play for England again.

Luke Shaw has vowed to seize his second chance with England after earlier decisions. Shaw played the full 90 minutes for Gareth Southgate's side against Albania on Sunday

His family even said to him at one point that they felt his time had gone but Shaw refused to accept that the door was closed. He stayed in contact with Gareth Southgate and his persistence was rewarded when he was called up for these World Cup qualifiers. 'I had a few massive regrets,' said Shaw, 25, whose cross led to Harry Kane opening the scoring in Tirana.

'I could not stop thinking about the mistakes that I had made in the past. With England, I pulled out of a lot of camps. Over the last two years, I have thought about it so much with regret.

'Letting Gareth down… I tried to keep in touch with him, to let him know that things had changed. He said (this time) he had picked me on merit and the past was the past. Hopefully we have forgotten about that now and we can focus on the future. I want to keep impressing him.'

Shaw wondered whether he would play for England again after years of injury worries. The Man United star's family even said to him at one point that they felt his time had gone

Asked for specific examples of how he had let Southgate down, Shaw replied: 'Pulling out of camps was the biggest. Maybe I wasn't right mentally then. The last time I played was Spain (at Wembley in September 2018). I wasn't playing for my club that much then but it showed he trusted me.

'You watched the World Cup, you could see how good they were doing and you can see how good the squad is becoming. I wanted to get back involved with England — who wouldn't? I'm just really privileged to get another chance. I want to stay in the squad for more games to come.'

It was heartening to see Shaw thrive on Sunday and the way in which he smiled when reflecting on the turn of events left you in no doubt of his emotions.

In a similar way to Manchester City's John Stones, it seemed inevitable his excellent club form would be rewarded but he was not so certain.

Reassurance came in a discreet conversation with United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. A week before Southgate unveiled his party for the games against San Marino, Albania and Poland, Solskjaer called Shaw to one side and trusted him with a secret.

'Ole had spoken to Gareth, and I think Ole was really happy for me so he told me early,' said Shaw.

'I kept it very quiet, I only told my girlfriend. I wanted to wait until I got the text (from the FA) — then I could tell my mum and dad. I did really want to tell them but I had to wait. There were some important games coming up for United, so my focus was on that.'

He could have been forgiven had he told his parents, Paul and Joanna. They had questioned whether it was over for him with England during the time Shaw was looking in from the outside.

'We had a few discussions and my family thought maybe I wouldn't be able to get back in,' Shaw said. 'Deep down, I always believed I could. Thankfully Gareth has given me another chance. I just want to forget the mistakes and the past is the past. I hope I can impress him to stay in the squad.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9415645/Luke-Shaw-reveals-huge-regrets-snubbing-England-duty-previous-seasons-injury-fears.html
Old 15-04-2021, 09:55 AM   #364
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'I can't be compared to him, he was unbelievable!': Luke Shaw laughs off his 'Shawberto Carlos' nickname and insists he doesn't deserve reference to Brazil legend... as Man United star reveals he'd have become a POLICE OFFICER if he wasn't a footballer

* Luke Shaw has been one of Manchester United's standout players this season
* The 25-year-old earned a recall to Gareth Southgate's England squad last month
* Shaw has jokingly admitted fan comparisons to Roberto Carlos are laughable
* The ex-Southampton man also revealed which left-back he most admires

Luke Shaw has jokingly dismissed references to his 'Shawberto Carlos' nickname which has been doing the rounds of social media in response to his impressive performances for Manchester United.

The 25-year-old has undoubtedly been one of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's star men this season at left-back and he was voted the club's Player of the Month for February and March.

He also earned a recall to Gareth Southgate's England squad last month and as a result of his marauding style down the left wing, fans have compared him to former Brazil and Real Madrid defender Roberto Carlos - but Shaw himself believes such comparisons are laughable.

Luke Shaw has laughed off comparisons to Brazil and Real Madrid legend Roberto Carlos

'I've seen some things on it on social media and sometimes in my group chats my mates send me some stuff and I just laugh about it,' said Shaw, in a club Q&A.

'I can't be compared to him, he was unbelievable! I'm aware of it and it's nice to be even mentioned alongside his name, but I just laugh about it.'

Shaw himself revealed that the player he most admires in his position is ex-England, Arsenal and Chelsea left back Ashley Cole, who lost his place in the 2014 World Cup squad to Shaw.

The ex-Southampton man also divulged what his career would have been if he hadn't become a footballer.

'If I wasn't playing soccer I think I'd probably like to be a police officer,' he revealed.

Some fans on social media have referred to Shaw with the 'Shawberto Carlos' nickname

The 25-year-old left back insisted the player he most admires in his position is Ashley Cole. Shaw has made 39 appearances for Utd this season and scored in the Manchester derby win

'It's a random one but I watch a lot of series and stuff to do with the police and CIA and MI6 and I'm quite into stuff like that.

'And I think if I wasn't a footballer I think I'd want to do something based around what they do. So I'd say a police officer.'

Shaw has made 39 appearances for United in all competitions this season, scoring his solitary goal in the Manchester derby victory against runaway Premier League leaders City last month.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9469085/Manchester-United-left-Luke-Shaw-laughs-Shawberto-Carlos-nickname.html
Old 26-04-2021, 09:49 AM   #365
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Old 26-04-2021, 10:16 AM   #366
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Luke Shaw to be 'offered bumper new contract worth £190,000 a week' after impressive season... but deal could lead to 'unhappy' Alex Telles departing Manchester United this summer

* Luke Shaw is set to be offered a new four-year-deal after an impressive season
* At left back, Shaw has enjoyed one of his strongest Manchester United seasons
* However, summer arrival Alex Telles could now depart due to lack of football
* Telles is reportedly 'unhappy' having only played seven Premier League games

Manchester United are reportedly ready to reward Luke Shaw's excellent form this season by offering him a new five-year deal worth £190,000-a-week.

Shaw has emerged as a key figure in Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side this term, racking up 40 appearances across all competitions at left back.

His constant presence in the team has helped fire United up into second in the Premier League table and in line with their best league finish since 2018.

Luke Shaw (right) is reportedly in line for a £40,000 pay increase at Manchester United. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has managed to turn around the left back's fortunes at the Red Devils

The 25-year-old, who was much maligned under previous manager Jose Mourinho, is set for a £40,000 increase on his existing £150,000 salary according to the Daily Star. His current deal is due to expire in 2023, although United have an option for a further year.

Such is the extent of Shaw's revival, he has also forced his way back into the England set-up after three years away and now looks in line for a place in Gareth Southgate's squad at this summer's European Championship.

However, any new deal for Shaw could lead to Alex Telles forcing his way out of Old Trafford this summer.

Telles only arrived at United this season in a £14million move from Porto and at the very least was expected to seriously challenge Shaw for the left back spot.

Shaw's impressive form has led to him gaining an England recall after three years in exile. Shaw's form, though, has reportedly made rival Alex Telles 'unhappy' at United

But so impressive has Shaw's form been, Telles has been reduced to just seven Premier League appearances and is reportedly 'unhappy' with his bit-part role at the club.

Shaw arrived from Southampton in 2014 in a £30million deal, and will be focused on helping United end the domestic season strongly. He will also be aiming to win the Europa League for the second time following 2017 success.

The Red Devils are in a semi-final against Roma as they look to repeat their success from four years ago when they defeated Ajax in the final.

Having struggled under Jose Mourinho (second left), Shaw (right) has found a new lease of life under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (second right)

Shaw puts his revival down to United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who he insists has helped him hugely off the pitch to build confidence as a platform for his recent form.

'He's helped me a lot on the pitch, but more so he's been one of the biggest influences off the pitch too, with the way he handles players', he said.

'He knows what players need. I had a difficult couple of years before he came in; I think maybe he realised that and knew what I needed.

'He's really helped me off the pitch. He obviously believes in me, he tells me that. That's the confidence you need as a player: to have the manager believe in you.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9508803/Luke-Shaw-offered-new-Manchester-United-contract-worth-190-000-week.html
Old 29-04-2021, 10:18 AM   #367
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Luke Shaw says 'this season is my best' as the England international looks to put injury-plagued career behind him and fight towards playing in a first-ever final for Manchester United

* Luke Shaw has had a stand-out season at left-back for Manchester United
* Shaw's been plagued by injuries, including two significant ones in 2015 and 2017
* He's never played in a cup final despite being at the club for four of them
* The 25-year-old was on crutches when they won the Europa League final in 2017
* They play Roma in the first leg of the Europa League semi-final tomorrow

Luke Shaw is determined to end his best ever season by lining up in a first cup final for Manchester United.

The 25-year-old has been one of the stars of the season for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side, who host Roma in the first leg of their Europa League semi-final on Thursday.

United are looking to secure a shot at winning their first silverware since 2017, when Shaw was on crutches as his team-mates lifted the Europa League in Stockholm.

Luke Shaw has featured 41 times for the club this season, and he says it's been his best

The left-back had also been ruled out of the 2016 FA Cup final through injury, while he was overlooked by Jose Mourinho for their 2017 EFL Cup triumph and 2018 FA Cup final loss.

'Of course personally it's massive motivation,' said Shaw of the prospect of playing in a first final for United.

'I've been quite unfortunate not to be involved in semis and finals, so of course I'm really looking forward to tomorrow night, to step out in one.

'But from a team point of view, it's very important. In the past we've missed out on a few finals and I think this season, the way we've been playing, the way the confidence is high, we've got real belief that we can reach it.

'Like I said, it's a massive motivation for not just me but for the whole team to reach the final.

The 25-year-old only played 11 league games in the 2017-18 season after a series of injuries

'It's a game we're really looking forward to tomorrow and one we're very ready for.'

Shaw could well have a starring role to play if United are to progress to the Europa League final given his impressive performances this term.

A contender for individual awards, the full-back feels he is at a far higher level than when he was named the club's player of the year by fans and colleagues in 2018/19.

'The season I won the player of the year award, I think you could have just picked anyone out of a hat,' the England international said.

'I don't think there was a standout person that season. I think definitely this season is my best.

'I'm enjoying it and I need to keep working hard, keep improving and I feel like I can keep getting better and give more for the team.

'I need to be doing that. Just keep going and keep my head down and what will come will come.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9521833/Shaw-says-season-best-aims-help-Manchester-United-Europa-League-final.html
Old 20-05-2021, 09:44 AM   #368
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United left back Luke Shaw steps in to help a fan to escape a three-year ban for throwing a green and gold anti-Glazers scarf to him, as he vows to 'sort it out' for supporter who was thrown out of Old Trafford

* A Manchester United fan threw his green and gold scarf at Luke Shaw on Monday
* The incident happened during a corner kick, which Shaw appeared to laugh off
* Fan was ejected from Old Trafford and claims he is now threatened with a ban
* Shaw responded on Twitter saying he knew the gesture was not aggressive

Luke Shaw is ready to come to the aid of a Manchester United supporter who has allegedly been threatened with a three-year ban after throwing a green and gold scarf at the defender.

The incident happened in Tuesday night's 1-1 draw with Fulham when Shaw was taking a corner and supporter Shaun Logan reportedly threw his green and gold scarf, which has long been an established symbol against Glazer ownership of the club, towards him.

The match welcomed back fans to Old Trafford for the first time following lockdown, and many of the 10,000 in attendance were active in protesting against the Glazers.

Logan took to Twitter after the game, and claimed the gesture was good natured and was not done in an aggressive manner, but that the threatened ban could see him now miss the club's Europa League final with Villarreal next week in Gdansk.

A supporter threw a green and gold scarf at Luke Shaw as he prepared to take a corner

Logan said: '[The scarf] was thrown to Luke in a good manner. Nothing aggressive. Was told by the stewards I’m facing a three-year ban. All paid up for Gdansk next week and this looks like it could be the end of the road for me. Was a peaceful gesture that was taken out of context. Luke Shaw laughed... '

Shaw then replied back on Twitter saying: 'I understand completely, first match back at Old Trafford, emotions are high. I know there was nothing aggressive towards what you did. I will try my best to speak with someone and sort it out.'

The supporter after the game claims the gesture could see him facing a three-year-ban. Shaw is ready to come to the aid of the Manchester United fan, insisting he knew the scarf throw was not an aggressive act and that he is ready to 'sort it out'

Many of the fans were treated on their return by Edinson Cavani scoring a spectacular 40-yard chip to open the scoring for the Red Devils.

But the hosts were pegged back late on by Scott Parker's already relegated side, with Joe Bryan securing a point with 14 minutes to play.

The result will have little baring on United's season, with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side guaranteed a runners-up finish.

However, they have won just one of their last five games and head into the Europa League final next Wednesday slightly undercooked as they now prepare for their final Premier League game of the season at Wolverhampton Wanderers on Sunday.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9595397/Luke-Shaw-vows-help-Manchester-United-fan-ejected-throwing-green-gold-scarf.html
Old 25-05-2021, 09:36 AM   #369
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Luke Shaw 'always believed' he would come good at Manchester United after 'digging deep' as he feels his return to form shows he was right to ignore advice to leave Old Trafford

* Man United star Luke Shaw has reflected on his turbulent career at Old Trafford
* He joined for £30million from Southampton but failed to find his best form
* The defender was forced to 'dig deep' as he found himself out of favour
* Now Shaw has turned things around and 'always believed' he would pull it off
* He says his decision to ignore calls to leave the club have now been vindicated

Luke Shaw will step out at the Gdansk Stadium on Wednesday night happy to be playing in a cup final at last and grateful that he ignored advice to quit Manchester United.

Shaw has missed four finals since arriving at Old Trafford seven years ago, twice through injury and on two more occasions because he fell out of favour under Jose Mourinho. It was during those dark times with Mourinho that Shaw could have left were it not for the support of his family and partner Anouska, mother to his baby son Reign.

The decision to stay has paid off with Shaw enjoying his best season at United. The 25-year-old defender was voted Player of the Year and will be named in England's squad for Euro 2020 on Tuesday after earning an international recall.

Man United star Luke Shaw always had confidence he would fulfil his potential at the club. The defender has been through tough spells since joining in 2014 but 'dug deep' to improve

'I always believed I would be able to do it,' Shaw said. 'When I was going through the bad times and wasn't playing, people were telling me to go play somewhere else.

'No-one wants to leave the biggest club in the world. I believe there was a reason why I was brought here and I didn't want to leave and not show what I can do.

'I dug deep and I didn't let anyone affect me. Now I'm on a much better path. The stuff I've gone through, if I didn't have the support I would have struggled even more. My mum and dad, especially, and Anouska have known about my struggles and they've been so supportive.

Shaw, who has been one of United's top performers this term, feels he was right to ignore advice to leave Old Trafford. He hopes to cap his revival under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer with a win in the Europa League final

'I had a conversation with my girlfriend before the start of the season about what my aims were. She's pushed me and kept me on a straight path. Her and the little one have helped me outside of football and it's nice to know you're going back to a loving home. You grow up much more when you've had a kid.'

Shaw, who was one of four United players on crutches when Mourinho's side won the Europa League in 2017, is hoping to make up for his cup final disappointments. 'It's different when you don't play,' he added.

'Big games are big opportunities to show yourself and I feel like I missed out on them. Hopefully this time I can be involved in the final and win it.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9614371/Manchester-United-Luke-Shaw-believed-come-good-ahead-Europa-League-final.html
untung Shaw memilih untuk bertahan, kalo saja waktu itu dia langsung pindah mungkin dia tidak akan sampai dititik ini
Old 28-06-2021, 09:41 AM   #370
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'Hopefully he can find his peace and stop worrying about me. Clearly he thinks about me a lot': Luke Shaw HITS BACK at Jose Mourinho... but insists 'what he says now is NOTHING compared to how it used to be' when he was Man United manager

* Luke Shaw has hit back at Jose Mourinho and his former boss' constant criticism
* The England left back labelled Mourinho as 'obsessed' and told him to move on
* The pair had a strained relationship while the Portuguese was at Old Trafford
* Shaw revealed he is so used to criticism from him he finds it easy to ignore

Luke Shaw has launched a withering attack on Jose Mourinho and told his former Manchester United manager to stop living in the past.

Mourinho had a combustible relationship with Shaw during the two-and-a-half years they spent together at Old Trafford and was never afraid to make barbed comments about the England full back’s capabilities.

The Portuguese, who is working as a radio pundit during the European Championships, did so again last week when he described Shaw’s set-pieces as ‘dramatically bad’ during the 1-0 win over the Czech Republic. It was, in the 25-year-old’s view, one comment too many.

Luke Shaw has labelled Jose Mourinho 'obsessed' after his constant criticism of the defender/ The pair had a strained relationship while Jose Mourinho was manager at Manchester United

Shaw, who is expected to start Tuesday's round of 16 clash with Germany, decided enough was enough at St George’s Park on Sunday, calling Mourinho ‘obsessed’ and saying he was puzzled as to why he still carries an agenda.

‘I don’t understand it,’ said Shaw, who had a wry smile when Mourinho’s comments came up. ‘I don’t know why he is still going on and wanting to point at me.

‘I don’t feel like the set-pieces were as bad as he was saying. I might have done one in the second half, a corner, that didn’t get over the first man. But that was one out of three. The other two or three, I don’t think, were as “dramatically bad” as he says.

‘Look, he has got to do his job. I’m used to him saying negative stuff about me, so I just pass it by.

‘His voice is obviously very big. He likes to talk a lot about me, as everyone has seen recently. But his voice is his own. He can say what he wants, I will focus on myself. I take set-pieces at United, so it wasn’t as if it was something I wasn’t ready for.’

He was clearly ready for this moment, too. There is a theory Mourinho has never forgiven Shaw for choosing United over Chelsea — where he was manager at the time — when leaving Southampton.

Sunday marked the seventh anniversary of that £25million deal, but the player thinks the explanation is more simple.

Whatever Shaw tried to do to gain Mourinho’s favour, it never paid off. He is not losing any sleep about it, either, as he has been revitalised by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and believes his England career is now finally taking off.

Shaw revealed he is so used to Mourinho's negativity he no longer pays any attention to it. The England left back's career has been revitalised at Old Trafford by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

‘He likes some players, he doesn’t like others,’ said Shaw, when asked about Mourinho’s management style.

‘I fell into the category where he didn’t like me. I tried as hard as I could to get back into his side but it never worked out, no matter what I did. There is no hiding that we didn’t get on.

‘I think he was a brilliant manager but, you know, the past is the past. It’s time to move on. I’m trying to move on but obviously he can’t. He continuously talks about me, which I find quite strange. Even some of the lads (here) have said “what’s his problem?” and “why does he keep talking?”

‘Hopefully, he can find his peace with that and stop worrying about me. Clearly, I’m in his head a lot and he thinks about me a lot. I don’t think any of you realise the two or three years I had with him and how bad (the criticism) was then. What he says now is nothing compared to how it used to be.’

Shaw was in high spirits as he looked ahead to England's huge last 16 clash against Germany

Shaw, with another wry smile, added: ‘I find it easy to ignore him now and even laugh about it. But it’s better just to ignore it. I knew if time came into it, I would be able to outlast him and I have. I can now just focus on getting better and improving.’

Rather than stewing about Mourinho, Shaw is focused on England’s possibilities against Germany and he says the squad are fully aware of the opportunity that is in front of them. Should they get past Joachim Low’s team, the draw looks favourable.

‘We’ve got to try and ignore what’s coming up in the next round because this game is massive,’ Shaw argued. ‘There’s no denying that Germany are a quality team. We need to be at our absolute best to be able to beat them.’

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9730971/Euro-2020-Luke-Shaw-SLAMS-obsessed-Jose-Mourinho-England-left-hits-former-boss.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 126
A.Per Utd, Aba_MaczUnited, achmad.zaky, adhe united macz, adhie21, adnan44, aldysetiabudi, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, Alphin Ambo, and1, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, Ardiey11, asby_ansya, asririzky, ayahocta, bahar_six, bang_zak, basbesbos, Bengzimare, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, bmanutd, Bulma, chincarito, ChrisHerrera, clsenz, Cupy, Dafabet, dayat_5, delongedee, Dhanny09, dhodoadrian, ecly_watchaa, Eka UPC, Elpiji, endhy_cantona, ericsuryadi, eyeofday, Fajar_, fajrinited, ferly_Liemz, fredrian.seven, goodfron, Gustar_UIBontang, h-ANG, HaHa, Haji Paidin, Hamka Husain Pasonai, HaRrY-UIK, HenryRooney07, HMzqLWaylr, hombreng, hzent, iblismerah, id4y, irfan_thered, irfi_1, irhamutd, irulrozikin, J. A. Adji, Jak_Ilcapitano_11, jifortin, Jodirama, LAM ILHAM, Lang25, Legolash, Machavellii, matthewsamad, mbah mangun, Michael10, mousetrap, mygalzbiatch, NdeGue, nobitanta, noerdiana 11, normansyahrizal, oldark, omink_08, Ompiter, paiman, penk22_, prahmono, Redsbusby, revald, reza willya, rio vander vidic, Riskur, rizkimn11_, robby7beckham, Robiescream, ronald hars, Rony_17, Roronoa Rooney, Ryan Smith, sepatu_ancur, setiawans001, smile_boy, SR 7, stamansa, tasho, timtam, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, UNITED1878, united7, unreal, utdMaleoLuwuk, Vanz Wazza, Van_Munandar, victory II, w.keane27, wakhid ronaldo, wazza_ampuh, Wigatrisna SB, wira_ozora, Yayat Dg Kulle, Zee de Wazza, zudomiriku