United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Previews and Reviews > Archives > Archives 2020/2021

Old 05-04-2021, 09:03 AM   #1
penk22_
Divisi IT
penk@unitedindonesia.org

Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute
Visit penk22_'s Facebook Visit penk22_'s Twitter
Default [UEL] Granada vs Manchester United

VS

Granada vs Manchester United - Europa League Quarter-Final 1st Leg
Jumat, 9 April 2021
Kick Off: 02:00 WIB
Venue: Nuevo Los Cármenes Stadium, Granada
Wasit: tbc
Live: SCTV

Europa League Form Guide
Manchester United: WDDW
Granada: DWLWL

Last edited by penk22_; 06-04-2021 at 09:26 AM..
Old 07-04-2021, 09:22 AM   #2
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [UEL] Granada vs Manchester United

Manchester United add 18-year-old winger Anthony Elanga to Europa League squad ahead of quarter-final with Granada... with winner of club's prestigious Jimmy Murphy award aiming to follow in footsteps of Marcus Rashford and Mason Greenwood

* There are high hopes for teenager Anthony Elanga at Manchester United
* Elanga is an old-fashioned winger who uses pace and trickery to get past his man
* After shining in the academy, Elanga has been promoted by the Red Devils
* The 18-year-old has been added to United's Europa League squad this season

Manchester United have promoted highly-talented teenager Anthony Elanga to their Europa League squad prior to their tie against Granada.

United take on Spanish outfit Granada away on Thursday evening in the first-leg of the Europa League quarter-final, and ahead of the crunch fixture one of the club's most promising youngsters has been rewarded.

The Red Devils are due to fly to Spain on Wednesday and Sweden youth international Elanga is now the latest youngster in contention for a place in Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side as he continues to show faith in youth.

Youngster Anthony Elanga has been added to Manchester United's Europa League squad

United are permitted, under UEFA rules, to add homegrown players to their 'B' list for the Europa League and Elanga has now been registered this week.

Elanga has recently recovered from a collarbone injury sustained after netting twice in the club's Under 23s Premier League 2 clash with Leicester City in January.

The 18-year-old, who trained with Solskjaer's first-team squad on Tuesday, is an old-fashioned winger who uses pace and trickery to beat his full-back and deliver crosses.

Elanga lived in Sweden until the age of 11 and was still a schoolboy when he made his debut for United's Under 18s.

Elanga signed a new long-term contract with the Premier League giants just last month. Elanga is looking to follow in the footsteps of Marcus Rashford and Mason Greenwood

The forward is now a regular for the Under 23s and there are high hopes for him to become a success at United.

Elanga was voted United's Jimmy Murphy youth team Player of the Year last season - an award the club pay great respect to.

Previous winners of the Jimmy Murphy award include Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Phil Neville, Marcus Rashford and Mason Greenwood.

Just last month, Elanga put pen to paper on a new long-term contract with the Premier League giants.

Elanga got a taste of first-team football for United prior to the 2020-21 season, featuring in a pre-season friendly against Aston Villa.

And later on in the year, Elanga admitted that he was hungry to join the likes of Rashford and Greenwood in Solskjaer's first-team.

'You look at the likes of Mason and Rashy, there is a pathway there. It just shows you that if you're willing to put the work into it and continue to work hard day in, day out in training there's a pathway for you there.

'Obviously we've got a manager in Ole trusting the youngsters, so there's a pathway there and I've just got to keep working hard.

'In training I'm always working hard and the way that I train is the way that I play.

'You can see that in the results and I'm just happy at the moment, I'm enjoying my football.'

Elanga now has the chance to impress Solskjaer after earning a spot in United's Europa League squad.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9441611/Manchester-United-add-18-year-old-winger-Anthony-Elanga-Europa-League-squad-ahead-Granada-tie.html
Old 08-04-2021, 09:40 AM   #3
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

'We can go to the desert or anywhere because we feel strong': Granada boss Diego Martinez urges his side to 'make the most of the moment' ahead of quarter-final against Manchester United in fairytale Europa League campaign

* Granada hosted semi-professional football at their ground as recently as 2010
* Now they are looking to write another chapter in a fairy-tale Europa League run
* Granada have already knocked out Serie A side Napoli and Molde this season * Diego Martinez wants them to upset the odds once more against Man United

Granada have gone from the Spanish second tier to a first European quarter-final in just two years, with boss Diego Martinez calling on his players to write another remarkable chapter in their fairy-tale against Manchester United.

Having hosted semi-professional football as recently as 2010, the Estadio Municipal Nuevo Los Carmenes will welcome the 20-time English champions in the Europa League quarter-final first leg on Thursday.

Granada have already knocked out Serie A side Napoli and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's former club Molde during their first ever European campaign, which they qualified for by finishing seventh in LaLiga last term.

Granada boss Diego Martinez has called on his players to write another remarkable chapter in their fairy-tale against Manchester United. Granada welcome Manchester United in their Europa League quarter-final first leg on Thursday

This feat is made all the more impressive by the fact they were only promoted from the Segunda Division at the end of the 2018/19 season, with Martinez calling for his players to upset the odds once more.

'We respect every team and we're not going to find out right now what United is,' he said. 'It's a giant in Europe, it's an amazing team.

'But if we are in the quarter-finals and we're facing them it's because we've done many good things.

'We're going to play 180 minutes, plus injury-time, and we believe in our possibilities.

'Last year we were candidates, one, two or three to be back in the second division and we ended up in Europe.

Granada have already knocked out Serie A side Napoli and Molde in Europe this season. Now Martinez has called for his players to upset the odds once more against the Red Devils

'There's a sentence in our dressing room ''they didn't know it's impossible so they did it'' so this is what we try to think of.

'We are very proud of the people we have here because with this we can go anywhere.

'We can go to the desert or anywhere because we feel strong, we want to make the most of the moment and this is something that makes us grow in itself.'

The stunning Andalusian city is decked in red and white as the club looks ahead to one of their biggest occasions, just days after celebrating their 90th anniversary.

'It's very stimulating, very rewarding to be in a match like this one not only because we are in the quarter-finals of the Europa League, but also the game itself, the match itself,' boss Martinez said.

'We of course want to give our perfect game - the match of our lives. This is what we need to win. This is what we have to focus on.'

Granada defender Domingos Duarte - a Portugal team-mate of United star Bruno Fernandes - intends to display that faith and focus on the pitch.

'We know what we have to do,' he said. 'We know what we have to do to face those forwards of Manchester, which are very quick.

'But the most important thing is that we go at our highest performance, believing in ourselves.

'We know it's difficult but what matters is ourselves and the focus is always on ourselves. This is what we have to do.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9446297/Granada-boss-Diego-Martinez-urges-make-moment-against-Man-United.html
Old 08-04-2021, 09:55 AM   #4
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer vows not to take a risk with Marcus Rashford after admitting striker will not 'be a 90-minute man' against Granada... and Manchester United boss remains coy over whether Dean Henderson or David De Gea will start in goal

* Manchester United face Granada in the Europa League on Thursday
* Rashford travelled with the squad to Spain despite not being fully fit
* The 23-year-old limped off 72 minutes into Sunday's 2-1 Premier League win
* Henderson and De Gea must wait to see who gets the nod against Granada

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer pledged not to overplay Marcus Rashford after naming the forward in Manchester United's squad to face Granada in the Europa League quarter-finals despite not being fully fit.

Having pulled out of the England squad with an ankle complaint, the 23-year-old limped off 72 minutes into Sunday's 2-1 Premier League win against Brighton at Old Trafford.

Rashford equalised with a lovely first-time finish shortly before going off having been caught in a tackle, leading him to reportedly miss training on Tuesday.

Marcus Rashford travelled with the squad to Spain on Wednesday despite not being fully fit

But Rashford trained on Wednesday morning and has been included in the 24-man squad heading to Spain for the first leg of the Europa League last-eight clash.

'I can't disclose the team now,' Solskjaer said.

'Marcus is travelling and we've just got to make a decision tomorrow if he starts or if he's on the bench.

'I don't think he'll be a 90-minute man so let's see where he's at tomorrow.'

The Manchester United striker (above) took part in training on Wednesday morning. Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has vowed to take care with Rashford

Rashford missed a chunk of time last year with a back injury that he had been managing, while he is said to be dealing with a shoulder issue that might need an operation after this summer's Euros.

'I don't pick players when we know there's a risk,' Solskjaer said. 'Of course there's always a risk when you step onto the pitch and when you play football.

'But if the physios and the medical advice is that 'this is too much of a risk to play him', I will never ever play a player that we, in advance, know about if it's going to make it worse or if it's a serious one.

'Marcus joined in training this morning so let's see how he reacts. If there's any risk of making this worse, I'm not going to overplay him.

'His back has recovered. But he's a tough one and he wants to play, he wants to give his all for Man United and it's also a responsibility for the player to tell us, as he did on Sunday. He said: 'no, it's too sore, I've got to come off'.'

Anthony Martial will miss the trip to Spain and potentially the rest of the season with a knee injury, while Eric Bailly is still in the Ivory Coast following a positive Covid-19 test.

Juan Mata is back involved and Solskjaer confirmed that 18-year-old Anthony Elanga, who he believes offers 'some X factor', will be on the bench for the first time after injury delayed his promotion.

But the United boss was less forthcoming on his starting goalkeeper against Granada after Dean Henderson got the nod versus Brighton.

David De Gea's last appearance came on February 28 after being allowed to return to Spain for the birth of his first child, but he has since watched the last three matches from the bench.

'I've got two very, very good options and whoever plays will play well I'm sure,' Solskjaer said.

'I cannot prioritise league, Europa League - every game here is the most important one. The next one is the most important one.

'Every time I try to explain to players why they don't play in this particular game and what they need to do and what my plans are with them, all those discussions remain private of course.

'David's been a top, top keeper and he still is a top, top keeper. He's working to be ready when he plays.

'If it's Dean, David, I'm very comfortable with both of them to play and I'm very happy that none of them are happy to not play.

'When you're a part of Man United, there's always going to be players coming in and players who don't just come in to fill the bench or to fill the squad. Everyone's got ambition to take your shirt.

'I was there myself as a striker. We signed Ruud (Van Nistelrooy), Diego Forlan, Louis Saha - we signed loads of top strikers. Dwight Yorke and Teddy Sheringham.

'The aim for me then is to prove to the manager that 'OK, I don't mind you signing these but I'm still important for you, I'm still going to give everything I can to play'. It's the same - right-back, left-back, centre forward, goalkeeper.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9446315/Manchester-United-boss-Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-vows-not-risk-Marcus-Rashford.html
Old 09-04-2021, 09:30 AM   #5
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United were 'lucky' to get their late penalty in Europa League win over Granada, says Paul Scholes who claims Bruno Fernandes 'made a meal' of the incident and 'fooled the referee'

* Manchester United were heading into stoppage time with a 1-0 advantage
* The referee then blew for a foul on Bruno Fernandes by substitute Yan Eteki
* Fernandes tucked away the spot-kick to give United a comfortable advantage
* Paul Scholes says that his former side was 'lucky' to be awarded the penalty
* He said Fernandes had 'fooled' the referee into making the decision

Manchester United legend Paul Scholes says the Red Devils were 'lucky' to be awarded a late penalty during the 2-0 victory over Granada.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side looked like they were going to take a 1-0 lead back to Manchester, when they awarded a 90th minute penalty.

Granada midfielder Yan Eteki was judged to have obstructed Bruno Fernandes, who then tucked away the penalty.

It wasn't the best penalty by the Portuguese midfielder, but his shot spilled through the hands of goalkeeper Rui Silva, giving United a comfortable advantage going into the second-leg.

However the BT Sport pundits were not so sure that it was a penalty and agreed that the LaLiga side were 'unlucky' to be punished.

Owen Hargreaves said after the game that though Eteki caught Fernandes, the way the Portuguese star went down made the referee's mind up.

Manchester United were awarded a late penalty for a foul on Bruno Fernandes by Yan Brice. Paul Scholes felt Fernandes 'fooled' the referee and United were 'lucky' to get the penalty

Scholes added: 'He makes a meal of it I think he's lucky to get the penalty. Lucky to score it as well as the goalkeeper should do better.

'You know what it's given and it goes to VAR they're going to give it because it's not a clear and obvious error and he has touched him, so there's no way they were going to overturn it.

'Fernandes does very well to get the penalty, they'll be very disappointed. He was just feeling where his player is and the ball's nowhere near him anyway.

Fernandes scored from the spot as the ball slipped through the hands of keeper Rui Silva. The result leaves Granada with an uphill task to make the semi-finals of the Europa League

'It was always Cavani going to get the header. Fernandes was very clever and he's fooled the referee and he's fell for it.'

The goal could make a significant impact in the second leg, with a number of United players missing the second-leg through injury of suspension including Harry Maguire, Luke Shaw and Scott McTominay.

Hargreaves said with two away goals for United, he believed it would be almost impossible for Granada to find a way back into the tie when the sides meet up for the second-leg.

He said: 'Even at 1-0 I would say there's not much of a chance but thing is with one goal you do have somewhat of a chance.

'At 2-0, I just can't see them scoring a couple of goals. For United, a clean sheet and scoring two goals has sealed it for them.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9451605/Paul-Scholes-says-Manchester-United-lucky-awarded-penalty-against-Granada.html
Old 09-04-2021, 09:36 AM   #6
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hails Marcus Rashford's 'exceptional' goal in Manchester United's Europa League win over Granada - and insists Bruno Fernandes WAS fouled for late penalty that could put tie beyond Spanish side

* Manchester United took full control of their Europa League tie against Granada
* Marcus Rashford and Bruno Fernandes both netted in the quarter-final first leg
* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer praised Rashford and labelled his goal as 'fantastic'
* The United boss admitted he missed the incident which led to United's spot-kick

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was delighted with Marcus Rashford and defended Bruno Fernandes after Manchester United took a giant stride towards the Europa League semi-finals.

Thursday's quarter-final first leg was the biggest match in European debutants Granada's history but the Red Devils spoiled the hosts' 90th birthday celebrations by triumphing in Andalusia.

Rashford overcame concerns about his fitness to score a superb opener from Victor Lindelof's fine pass, but United looked set to return to Old Trafford with just one away goal for their domination and without three key players.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer admitted he was 'delighted' with Manchester United's win over Granada. Solskjaer reserved particular praise for Marcus Rashford and hailed the ace's 'fantastic' goal

Harry Maguire, Scott McTominay and Luke Shaw all picked up bookings that rule them out of next Thursday's return fixture, but Fernandes' late spot-kick secured a potentially tie-deciding 2-0 triumph in Spain.

'It was an important goal, the second one there because 1-0 lead losing three players is not a good position to be in,' United boss Solskjaer said.

'I don't think we deserved those five yellow cards but that's happened. Delighted with the result. We gladly take the second goal. Of course it's so vital away from home and we've created a good starting point for next week's game for ourselves.'

United great Paul Scholes suggested Fernandes had been clever in going down to earn the key 90th minute spot-kick, but Solskjaer says the playmaker has the battle scars to prove he was caught by Yan Brice.

Bruno Fernandes earned, and scored, a late penalty but Solskjaer said he missed the incident

'To be honest, I haven't seen it,' the United boss said. 'I've just seen his eye when he came off. He got hit.

'Mick Phelan sat behind me in the dugout and he said he took one in the face and it's a clear penalty apparently. I've not seen it, I've got to say. His eye is red and to score with just one eye open is also a skill.'

Fernandes' impacted eyesight may explain the poor penalty, which Rui Silva somehow failed to keep out despite going the right way.

But there was not much the Granada goalkeeper could have done to stop Rashford's opener after the 23-year-old showed strength, skill and composure to find the net from Lindelof's pass.

Victor Lindelof's long ball forward was superbly brought down by Rashford before he netted

'Fantastic goal,' Solskjaer said. 'Great ball by Victor, great run and skill to bring the ball down like this we've seen it a few times before and that's a top, top quality goal.'

Asked if he was protecting Rashford with Sunday's trip to Tottenham in mind by taking him off in the 65th minute, he said: 'It's the same thing as before.

'He's not recovered from it and hopefully it's not got any worse from this because he lasted 70 against Brighton, 65 now, so hopefully he's ready.

'I think he should be ready for Sunday and the goal is exceptional.'

United will face Roma or Ajax in the semi-finals barring a remarkable turnaround by Granada, whose manager Diego Martinez felt his side deserved more.

'I'm very proud of the team, annoyed with the result, which is a bad result but proud of the work of the team,' he said.

'We defended well and didn't give them space to run. We got more comfortable as the game progressed.

'In the second half we deserved a goal. It was a shame not to have that clinical touch that would have given us the goal to give you the lift that you need. The second goal doesn't reflect the match.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9451751/Manchester-United-Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-hails-Marcus-Rashfords-exceptional-goal-against-Granada.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 3
penk22_, rio vander vidic, zudomiriku