United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 05-01-2022, 08:36 AM   #611
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Philip Anthony "Phil" Jones

'Proud to see you back on the pitch': David de Gea heaps praise on Manchester United team-mate Phil Jones after the forgotten defender makes his first appearance in almost two years in defeat against Wolves

* Phil Jones made his first Man United appearance since January 2020 on Monday
* The 29-year-old was unable to prevent United from losing 1-0 at home to Wolves
* David de Gea singled out Jones for credit on Twitter after making his return
* The United goalkeeper lauded him for showing 'commitment' in recent years

David de Gea has lauded Phil Jones for his 'commitment' after the forgotten Manchester United defender made his first appearance in almost two years on Monday night.

Jones, 29, had not featured for United since January 2020 when interim boss Ralf Rangnick included him in his starting lineup against Wolves with captain Harry Maguire sidelined by injury.

And despite his lengthy period of inactivity, the ex-England centre-back was one of few Red Devils men who impressed in a disappointing 1-0 defeat.

Jones performed well alongside Raphael Varane at the heart of Rangnick's defence, with some supporters even calling for him to replace Maguire on a full-time basis.

De Gea was also full of praise for his long-time United team-mate, taking to Twitter to commend him for his determination over the past two years.

The Spanish goalkeeper quote tweeted a United post about Jones and wrote: 'Commitment. Proud to see you back on the pitch.'

De Gea was not the only United player to speak highly of Jones after his return against Wolves, as Luke Shaw also singled out his fellow defender for credit.

David de Gea has lauded Phil Jones' 'commitment' after his Man United return against Wolves. Jones made his first United appearance since January 2020 in their 1-0 defeat vs Wolves. De Gea lauded the 29-year-old for his 'commitment' on social media after the game

'One thing I will say is Phil Jones should be proud of himself,' Shaw told Sky Sports.

'He has been criticised for years, and has gone through a lot, but he is so professional and he has trained hard and he was phenomenal.

'He was exceptional, I am very happy for him and he deserves it.'

Jones has spent over 10 years at United after being signed from Blackburn by Sir Alex Ferguson back in 2011.

He has racked up a total of 225 appearances for the club, yet only nine have come since the beginning of the 2019/20 campaign.

After throwing him back in at the deep end against Wolves, Rangnick said about Jones: 'There was no doubt at all regarding his attitude because I saw him training.

'If you consider hasn't played in two years it was a very good performance.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10369383/Manchester-United-David-Gea-praises-Phil-Jones-commitment-making-return-vs-Wolves.html
Old 05-01-2022, 08:48 AM   #612
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Phil Jones' performance in Man United's defeat by Wolves is hailed as 'class' by Rio Ferdinand, who says the defender deserves credit for impressing in first game in two years - while fans praise his comeback

* Manchester United's top four hopes were dented by their defeat against Wolves
* Phil Jones was handed a surprise start in the clash but impressed at the back
* Rio Ferdinand believes the defender was 'class' on his return to the first-team
* Twitter users have hailed him, with some saying he's better than Harry Maguire

Phil Jones' comeback performance for Manchester United in their limp defeat by Wolves last night has been hailed by Rio Ferdinand, and on social media.

Centre back Jones was handed a surprise start for the clash at Old Trafford, his first appearance in almost two years, but delivered an assured display.

Boss Ralf Rangnick ultimately suffered his first loss in charge, however, after Joao Moutinho steered a low shot into the far corner late on to stun the struggling hosts.

But the performance from Jones has been lauded as a rare positive for United, with Ferdinand - a former club stalwart - singling out his high standard.

Phil Jones' performance in Manchester United's defeat by Wolves has been widely praised. Jones was handed a surprise start with United hit by injuries at the back, and looked assured. Ferdinand, a former United centre back, said Jones was 'class for large periods' of the clash

'For someone to come in from the cold like that, you have to tip your hat to someone like that,' Ferdinand said on Five, his official YouTube channel.

'They're playing him maybe to put him in the shop window, first and foremost, but if he plays well enough the manager might change his mind. That can happen in football very quickly.

'I'm just pleased he got through the game unscathed, no injuries. He put in a decent performance after such a long time out, not easy to do. So you've got to tilt your hat to Phil Jones.

'He's come in for a lot of stick, a lot of my words have been misinterpreted a little bit.

'But you've got to say, "well done" in terms of the amount of time he's been off the pitch, to come in and play in the Premier League and play at the standard he did today.

'Albeit, his header was the one that fell to Moutinho's foot before he scored but I thought he was class for long periods in the game.'

Jones threw himself at several shots, and fans on social media have also heaped praise on him

The only blot on Jones' copy book was his role in Wolves' winner.

United were unable to clear a cross swung in from the right, with the returning defender only able to head as far as Moutinho, who neatly fired home the winner.

But even that didn't prevent social media users from waxing lyrical about him, with many of them even claiming he is better than club captain Harry Maguire.

One account said: 'I feel more confident with Jones than Maguire. Anyone else?'

'Phil Jones with a better performance than anything I've seen from Maguire this season,' a second posted. 'I'm being deadly serious as well.'

A third added: 'This Phil Jones performance, when you add in the context he hasn't played in the Premier League for two years, or any consistent football for 3+, is absolutely incredible.'

Meanwhile, a fourth wrote: 'Always said that Maguire is our 4th best CB behind [Raphael] Varane, [Eric] Bailly & [Victor] Lindelof.

'I have to admit that I was wrong, he’s behind Jones as well & that’s simply because [Axel] Tuanzebe is on loan otherwise he would be 6th.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10367277/Manchester-United-Phil-Jones-performance-against-Wolves-praised-Rio-Ferdinand-fans.html
Old 31-01-2022, 03:45 PM   #613
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Memang legend nih Phil Jones, bahkan setelah sekian purnama cedera eeh ternyata masih ada lho klub Eropa yang berminat dengannya .

Phil Jones to decide today whether or not to join Bordeaux in a bid to get his career back on track after playing one match in TWO YEARS for Manchester United due to fitness problems

Manchester United defender Phil Jones's loan move to Bordeaux is in the balance.

The 29-year-old will make a decision today whether to join the French side. He is eager to play more regular football after making just one appearance this season, in the 1-0 home defeat to Wolves at the start of this month. Meanwhile, Stoke are signing Bordeaux forward Josh Maja on loan.

After excluding for Arsenal captain Laurent Koscielny from their first team squad, Bordeaux signed 34-year-old Brazilian defender Marcelo from Lyon on Friday, but want to add another versatile defender.

Jones has played at centre-back, full-back and defensive midfield with United and previously Blackburn.

Though he has had to contend with injuries and other niggling fitness issues, Jones has been let down at times when fit to play.

His time on the periphery has proved a real mental challenge for the former England international and he wants to prove he still has life left in his career.

A number of English clubs have considered him but have been reluctant to offer anything other than a loan or pay as you play deal. Benfica also considered an approach before January.

Jones opened up on his injury pain in an emotional interview last year.

'It was the lowest I've ever been as a human being,' Jones told The Sunday Times on recovering from knee surgery in 2020.

'I used to come back (from training) and be in bits. My head was an absolute mess. I'd be in tears. People and footballers, they'll put on a front that everything's all right, but you don't know what's going on behind closed doors.'

Jones also spoke of his anger at being described as a 'waste of time' by former United team-mate Rio Ferdinand and how he almost lashed out at a man who taunted him while he was out with his two daughters.

'Listen, the respect I've got is enormous. I've shared a dressing room with Rio — great professional. Loved playing with him. Great lad, good humour. Learnt so much off him,' he added. 'But what he said was poor. Really poor.'

www.dailymail.co.uk

Last edited by Andi Istiabudi; 31-01-2022 at 03:49 PM..
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2022, 09:29 AM   #614
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Phil Jones should be 'digging Ralf Rangnick out' after replacing him at half-time in Liverpool thrashing, says Jamie O'Hara... and insists defender should tell him to not 'bother picking him' again

* Phil Jones made just his second start of the season against Liverpool at Anfield
* The centre-back was brought in as part of a five-man defence against the Reds
* But Man United defender's return lasted just 45 minutes before being replaced
* Jamie O'Hara insists Jones should be demanding answers from Ralf Rangnick

Phil Jones should have been 'digging out' Manchester United interim boss Ralf Rangnick at half-time of their 4-0 thrashing by Liverpool, according to Jamie O'Hara.

The defender was handed just his second start of the season at Anfield following a formation change to a five-man defence by German boss Rangnick.

But his return lasted just 45 minutes after a chastening first half for United, who went into the break 2-0 down following goals from Luis Diaz and Mohamed Salah.

Jones was replaced at half time by winger Jadon Sancho, but despite a brief period at the start of the second half, Jurgen Klopp's men dominated once more and added further goals through Sadio Mane and Salah.

Phil Jones should have been 'digging' Ralf Rangnick out at half-time in Liverpool loss, says Jamie O'Hara. United's formation change to a back five made little difference as the Reds beat United

But speaking on talkSPORT after the game, former Tottenham midfielder O'Hara said if he was Jones he would ask never to play for the club again.

'If I'm Phil Jones at half-time I'm digging the gaffer out,' O'Hara said. 'I'm literally turning round to the gaffer and saying 'are you winding me up?'

'You're dragging me off after 45 minutes, you've put me out there against Liverpool when you could have played me against Norwich last week to get my feet in and give me a game.

'And then you've worked on a formation for three or four days, we're playing against Liverpool and you're playing me in a back three with [Diogo] Dalot, [Harry] Maguire, [Victor] Lindelof and [Aaron] Wan-Bissaka…

'And then you're dragging me off at half-time to make me look like it's my fault? I would say… I tell you what don't bother picking me again, I'll see you out. See you later, I'm off.'

O'Hara reiterated his stance on the matter on social media, tweeting: 'Phil Jones must be thinking cheers gaffa absolutely throw me under the bus, thanks for your help and then drag me at half time, shambles of a manager.'

Jones was then replaced at half-time by Jadon Sancho but United still struggled at Anfield. O'Hara insists Jones was thrown in at the deep end by Rangnick having not played since February. He also said Jones should tell the German interim boss to not bother picking him again

But German boss Rangnick said after the game the formation change was not the reason behind United's poor display, labelling their performance 'embarrassing' and 'humiliating'.

'I don't think a different formation at the start would have changed anything. The first goal we conceded, it was not part of the game plan to be that high up and concede a counter-attack after five minutes,' Rangnick said.

'That changed the game. The first half, we were just not good enough. We did not win any first ball or second balls. We were second best in all relevant areas.

'Second half we changed a centre-back with Jadon Sancho. The first 25 minutes we were better and had pressure on the ball at times. Had two or three moments, but the third goal killed the game off.

'It is embarrassing, it is disappointing, maybe even humiliating.'

Jones' only previous appearance before his Anfield start was when he performed well in their 1-0 defeat at home to Wolves in January.

His only other outing this season was a 30-minute cameo during their penalty shootout defeat against Middlesbrough in the FA Cup the following month.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10733517/Phil-Jones-digging-Ralf-Rangnick-half-time-Liverpool-loss-insists-OHara.html
Old 18-07-2022, 10:00 AM   #615
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Wayne Rooney 'wants to rescue ex-Man United team-mate Phil Jones from his Old Trafford nightmare and bring him to DC United' after returning to the MLS side as coach... with Jesse Lingard and Ravel Morrison also on his radar

* Wayne Rooney is reportedly considering a move for former team-mate Phil Jones
* Jones has struggled with a number of injuries during his 11 years at Man United
* He has a year remaining on his contract and United would demand a nominal fee
* Rooney is also keen to bring Jesse Lingard and Ravel Morrison to DC United

DC United manager Wayne Rooney is considering a move for former Manchester United team-mate Phil Jones, according to reports.

England's record goalscorer has been confirmed as the new manager of the MLS club, who he appeared 52 times for as a player.

The move stateside came as somewhat of a surprise as Rooney had a built a burgeoning reputation as a young coach at Derby, before leaving last month amid their ownership and administration uncertainty.

As reported by The Sun, he is now giving a consideration to bringing Jones to the club, with DC United currently sitting bottom of the East Conference.

Jones has endured a difficult time during his 11-year stay at the club due to injuries and he made just five appearances across all competitions last season.

Jones and Rooney played alongside each other for Manchester United before the latter left for Everton in 2017.

Jones did not travel with the rest of the United squad for the tour of the Far East and Australia to improve his fitness ahead of the new campaign.

Wayne Rooney was recently appointed DC United manager after his departure from Derby. Rooney is keen to bring former Manchester United team-mate Phil Jones to the United States. Jones and Rooney played alongside each other for six years before the latter left United in 2017. Rooney is also keen to sign Jesse Lingard, who is a free agent after leaving Manchester United

He has a year remaining on his current contract and United would only demand a nominal fee for the defender, who is said to be on £100,000-a-week.

Rooney is also reportedly keen to bring Jesse Lingard and Ravel Morrison to the United States.

Lingard is currently a free agent following the expiration of his United contract, and he is said to be attracting interest from the Premier League, Saudi Arabia as well as the MLS.

Rooney played 44 times alongside Lingard at United, while they also linked up on two occasions for England.

Fellow free agent Morrison could also make the move to DC - which would be the 13th club of his flailing career at just 29 years old.

The midfielder only ever played three times for United and never alongside Rooney, as he failed to live up to the hype placed on him in the youth team.

The pair were reunited last season though as Rooney signed Morrison at Derby and he scored four goals in 36 Championship games.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11021243/Wayne-Rooney-wants-rescue-ex-Man-United-team-mate-Phil-Jones-bring-DC-United.html
Old 05-09-2022, 09:57 AM   #616
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Phil Jones is 'KICKED OUT of Man United's dressing room at Carrington to make space for Erik ten Hag's new signings'... as the injury-prone defender is snubbed AGAIN during his blighted Red Devils career

* Phil Jones has been 'kicked out of Man United's training ground dressing room'
* There is reportedly no more space in the first-team facility for the centre-half
* Capacity is 'now full following the arrival of Erik ten Hag's six summer signings'
* His dressing room snub marks the latest blow in Jones' ill-fated United career

Phil Jones has been kicked out of Manchester United's training ground dressing room to make space for Erik ten Hag's new summer signings, according to reports.

The Red Devils' first-team training facility at Carrington is designed to accommodate no more than 24 players and has been at maximum capacity following Manchester United's summer spending spree.

And out-of-favour centre-back Jones is reportedly one of the casualties of United's dressing room clear out, marking another blow in his ill-fated career at Old Trafford.

Third-choice left-back Brandon Williams, 20-year-old Teden Mengi and fellow centre-half Axel Tuanzebe have also been told to pack their bags and move down the corridor to the under-23 changing room, according to the Sun.

Phil Jones has reportedly been axed from Manchester United's training ground dressing room. Carrington's first-team facility 'is now at capacity following Erik ten Hag's summer business'. Jones has only played 13 times during the last four seasons due mostly to his poor injury record

Former Ajax head coach Ten Hag made six new additions to the Red Devils' squad this summer following his appointment in April.

Room at Carrington has squeezed since the arrivals of playmaker Christian Eriksen, ex-Real Madrid star Casemiro, goalkeeper Martin Dubravka, left-back Tyrell Malacia and former Ajax pair Antony and Lisandro Martinez.

Jones' dressing room snub reveals how far away the 30-year-old is from Ten Hag's first-team plans, having struggled to carve out regular minutes in recent seasons.

The former England international has only played 13 times for Manchester United in his last four campaigns at the club and made his first appearance in two years in January as the Red Devils lost 1-0 to Wolves.

Ten Hag's side host Arsenal at Old Trafford on Sunday following three successive wins against Liverpool, Southampton and Leicester.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11177545/Phil-Jones-KICKED-Man-Uniteds-training-ground-dressing-room-make-space-signings.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 161
A.Per Utd, Aba_MaczUnited, adefebsa, aGhaa, ailverson, ajier307, Aldi_Rizal, aldysetiabudi, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, Alphin Ambo, and1, Andi Istiabudi, anenk_garcia, Anto MJ, ardie febrianto, Ardiey11, ardi_14, arfad, arymashuda, Aso Chrisjefta, asririzky, ayahocta, bahul20, bang_zak, Beriano89, billywarouw, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, bmanutd, bombom, Brian Agni, Bulma, chincarito, cintaoven, cynta, czr, dankseals, Deddy Hernandez, delongedee, DermawanIsUnitedFans, dery pramudito, dhanz77, dhodoadrian, dudut, edroid, Efri Loebay, endhy_cantona, Ereius, eyeofday, fadilbedil, fahranjie, Fajar_, fajrinited, febri jojo21, ferly_Liemz, fey777, FirdaAnnisa, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, goodfron, gregoriussunu, Griff_Oliviery, Gustiono, h-ANG, Haji Paidin, hdhe16, hendiplast, hendrikYP, iamsetia, id4y, Idh Apuadji, Imron Setyo C, irfan_thered, irhamutd, IskandarJool, jajijujejen, jifortin, jojo poenya, jonajoni, juju, just.fluke, JustDenny, King_Cantona, Lang25, larukuga, Lucky_Cantona007, madnesse, Mahesa_Jenar, MichaelMU, MUFC1878, Muhammad Nizar, MuhFher, mygalzbiatch, NadaDaniela, ncut_lgx, NdeGue, NiaanuuR97, oldark, ollacarla, OYrmKRgssa, paiman, pech 14, penk22_, puji purnawan, Pure_red, pweechevalier, randiex, red, Red Devils 07, redianayuherda, Redsbusby, revald, reza willya, rio vander vidic, Riskur, robby7beckham, ronald hars, ronysnaja, Roronoa Rooney, Ryan Smith, SatriaRedArmy, sepatu_ancur, setiawans001, SR 7, stamansa, Syarifeghy, theater of dream, Trezz Kiko, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, UNITED1878, UnitedIsRed, unreal, utdMaleoLuwuk, VaDLi, Van_Munandar, vdgquintana, vhio, Victory, vidicia, vivasoilsolid, wahyou91, warmanlupus, wazzapoetra, wimastio.aryo, wira_ozora, xkeiszglf34, Yayat Dg Kulle, yudiiriski, Zee de Wazza, zudomiriku, [skywalker]