United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 15-06-2017, 09:17 AM   #11
Riskur
Divisi IT
rizkikurnwn

Thanked 1,007 Times in 435 Posts
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Riskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond repute
Visit Riskur's Facebook Visit Riskur's Twitter
Default Re: Victor Lindelof

Lindelof discusses best position and style

Manchester United fans are obviously eager to discover more about our first summer signing Victor Lindelof so MUTV asked the man himself to describe his playing style in his first interview at the Aon Training Complex.

The 22-year-old defender, bought from Benfica, has obtained the nickname 'The Iceman' for his cool persona on the field, as he explains in the Q&A, a transcript of which you can read below.
The Swede also talks about where he expects to fit in at United, having played right-back and defensive midfield in the past but really made his mark at centre-back for club and country.

Welcome to Manchester United. How do you feel now it’s been made official?
Thank you. It feels great. I’m very, very happy to be here at this great club so I couldn’t be happier.

You were linked for quite a while, so how pleased are you that Jose Mourinho was clearly so determined to get you?
Well, of course it feels great to know the coach wants you to finally be here. It makes me very happy.

Have you spoken to him yet?
Yeah, I’ve spoken to him. It was a good chat. It’s very important for me to hear what he has to say.

Jose has a history of getting the best out of the defenders he works with – was that a factor in coming here?
Yes, he’s a great coach and for me to be able to work with him is a great opportunity for me.

Was it a wrench to leave Benfica after enjoying great success there?
I’d been at Benfica for nearly five years, so for me to leave was of course not a tough decision but a hard decision. I was happy there as I developed a lot as a player but when the opportunity came, it was very easy for me to pick it.

Have you spoken to Zlatan Ibrahimovic about life in Manchester?
No, actually I haven’t. I haven’t spoken to him.

He’s doing his rehab here so it’s good you’ll be able to catch up with him…
Yeah, I think so. It’s going to be nice to have him around to speak to him a little bit about the club and everything around it. It’s going to be good.

What sort of defender are you?
I think I’m quite a calm player. I like to have the ball at my feet. I think I’m quite good with the ball and at reading the game, and I give my players in front of me quite a calmness knowing I’m back there trying to protect them as well as I can.

You’ve been described as versatile – you’ve played right-back. Can you play defensive midfield or do you see yourself as only a centre-back?
My position is a centre-back but, like you said, I was playing right-back before and started my footballing career as a midfielder. But I see myself as a central defender. I feel most comfortable there.

Do you model your game on any other centre-backs?
There a lot of good centre-backs and I don’t want to pick just one. I look at a lot of centre-backs, how they play the game and try to learn from the best.

There is competition for your place from Bailly, Rojo, Smalling, Jones and Blind – do you expect to fight for your spot?
Of course there are some great players here in my position. I’m here to do my best to try to help the team as much as I can and it’s always good to have other good players around you. When you have that, you get better as well.

The Premier League is the biggest league in the world. Was it always your ambition to play here?
Yeah, I always had a dream of coming here to play in the Premier League so, for me, it’s a dream come true.

How big a challenge is it coming to a different league?
I think every move means you have to adapt to a new environment but I feel comfortable in myself. I trust myself and it’s going to be tough but I’m looking forward to it.

You’ve won a lot of silverware at Benfica. What are your aims here – more of the same?
United are one of the biggest clubs in the world and always want to win titles. That’s also my goal. I want to come here and win titles. That’s the goal of the club and all the players as well.

You have experience of the Champions League. How valuable is that?
It’s been great for me to be playing at that level and playing against some really good teams. For me to be able to play in the Champions League has been very good. I think I have learned a lot from those games.

How will it feel to be running out of the tunnel at Old Trafford for the first time?
I can only imagine. It’s going to be a great feeling. I’ve been watching Old Trafford games on TV but have never been to the stadium, so I think it’s going to be a great feeling walking out there.

What was your view of United? They’re very popular in Sweden…
A very big club. Like you say, in Sweden, they have a lot of supporters and it has always been when you speak about the biggest clubs in the world, you always speak about United. It just feels like a great club and a great organisation.

How important is it to go on tour and settle in there?
Well, I think it’s very important for me to get the whole pre-season to get to know the system there, all my team-mates and everything. It’s going to be very important.

You take free-kicks – are you going to be laying down a marker to be United’s free-kick taker?
I’m not sure. Yeah, I’m quite good at them. If I get an opportunity to take a free-kick, I think I’ll be there!

How has the move been received in Sweden? Will it change your life here?
I think so. I think for everyone who is joining this club, it changes them. But I’m not sure how much really. Like you said before, we have a lot of fans in Sweden who support Manchester so we’ll see. I’m not sure how but it’s going to be good.

United fans have followed you since the move came about. Do you have a message for them?
I just want to say to them how happy I am to be here. I’ll do my best to represent this club so I’m very happy to be here. I hope they will enjoy it.

www.manutd.com
Old 15-06-2017, 09:20 AM   #12
Riskur
Divisi IT
rizkikurnwn

Riskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond repute

Gallery: Lindelof signs for United

Victor Lindelof arrived at the Aon Training Complex on Wednesday morning to complete his move to Manchester United from Benfica.

After passing a medical, the 22-year-old Sweden international signed a four-year deal, with the option of a further year, before sitting down for an in-depth first interview with MUTV.

Click the image above to see eight exclusive photos of the central defender as he became Jose Mourinho's first signing of the summer.

www.manutd.com
Old 15-06-2017, 09:21 AM   #13
Riskur
Divisi IT
rizkikurnwn

Victor Lindelof: The story so far

Dealing with pressure is something that appears to come naturally to unflappable Swedish defender Victor Lindelof.

In June 2015, he was faced with an intensity that must have been new to him as he stepped forward to take a penalty in the European Under-21 Championship final shoot-out with Portugal, the country where he plied his trade with Benfica.

Abdul Khalili had missed Sweden's previous attempt at the Eden Arena in Prague and Joao Mario's conversion tied the scores at 3-3. Calmness personified, the defender beat Jose Sa and William Carvalho's failure from 12 yards ensured the Swedes could enjoy a notable first international triumph.

Lindelof had only been introduced to the squad as a late call-up but performed with distinction at right-back, earning a place in UEFA's Team of the Tournament. It helped provide added impetus to his club career as he forced his way into the senior Benfica side and enjoyed experience in the domestic top flight and Champions League.

Patience has been important for the Scandinavian, who burst into Vasteras' first team when only 16 years old. He helped his local side gain promotion but left when Benfica came calling in 2012. The Lisbon giants had seen his potential in Sweden's Under-16s and Under-17s and made their move.

Still only 17, Lindelof understandably had to wait for an opportunity and cut his teeth with the B team, going on to make 40 appearances in the Portuguese second tier and spending his first season there as a right-back. A move into a more central position confirmed his growing maturity as he was able to impress at centre-half and also in a holding midfield role.

A loan move to Middlesbrough was discussed last year but he instead became a valuable member of the Benfica defence and successfully fought for his place. Speaking with confidence, he had declared an intent to oust his older, more experienced colleagues and so it proved as he emerged as one of Europe's most promising young defenders.

International recognition with Sweden's senior team has naturally followed and, after starting all three games at Euro 2016, he scored his first goal at that level against Bulgaria in October 2016. Although his primary focus is defending, he also grabbed an important equaliser in a 1-1 draw with Sporting Lisbon in April with a wonderful free-kick past Rui Patricio.

Winning trophies has become something of a habit for the Swedish stopper as he has three Portuguese league titles to his name, in addition to two Portuguese Cups, one League Cup and one Super Cup. This is without mentioning that European Under-21 Championship medal, of course.

Lindelof, approaching his 23rd birthday, appears ready to take this next big step in his career. Zlatan Ibrahimovic had identified his fellow countryman as an emerging leader last Christmas, telling reporters: "He is growing and has a lot of responsibility with the national team now."

And there is plenty to admire about the Sweden team at present. The 2-1 victory over France, at the scene of United's Europa League success against Ajax in Stockholm, took Janne Andersson's side to the top of Group A in the World Cup qualifiers. As the Netherlands are back in third place, it is a measure of the progress being made by the Scandinavian country and the prospect of a real upset in terms of clinching an automatic spot in Russia next year cannot be dismissed.

For now, the composed centre-back will be focusing on adapting to life at United. In 2016, Jose Mourinho's first summer signing was also a defender with much promise in Eric Bailly. If Lindelof can enjoy a debut campaign as successful as the Ivory Coast international's first year in Manchester, everybody will be delighted.

www.manutd.com
Old 15-06-2017, 09:35 AM   #14
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Manchester United announce the signing of Victor Lindelof... what will Swedish star bring to Old Trafford?

* Manchester United have announced the signing of defender Victor Lindelof
* Lindelof has earned the nickname the 'Iceman' for composed performances
* After two years in the reserves, Lindelof won first-team chance last season
* He has also become a regular in the Sweden side, having earned 11 caps

Manchester United have officially announced the signing of Swedish defender Victor Lindelof, who has put pen to paper on a four-year deal after leaving Benfica.

The £30.7million deal could rise with add-ons, with the imposing defender set to bolster the ranks at Old Trafford next season.

Here's everything you need to know about the player nicknamed the 'Iceman'.

What's his background?

The 22-year-old hails from the Swedish city of Vasteras, located around 60 miles to the west of the capital Stockholm, and started his football life at various local sides, including the third-tier Vasteras SK.

After a fair few appearances in the Swedish leagues, Lindelof signed for Portuguese giants Benfica as a 17-year-old in December 2011 and was placed in their youth side.

Within a couple of years, he was knocking on the door of the senior side and a first-team debut duly arrived in October 2013.

However, it wasn't until the 2015-16 season that Lindelof established himself as a regular in the Benfica side that would ultimately claim the Primeira Liga title.

Taking advantage of injuries to two of the team's senior central defenders, Lindelof quickly impressed with his calm and confident performances during a close-run title race and managed to retain his spot.

He also seemed to be a lucky charm, with Benfica winning 13 of their last 14 league games - during which he played every minute - as they pipped city rivals Sporting Lisbon to the championship by two points.

While it was teenage sensation Renato Sanches that took most of the plaudits, those in the know recognised Lindelof's contribution too and the very apt 'Iceman' nickname stuck.

But really it was little wonder that Lindelof, having patiently played in the reserves during the first two years of his Benfica career, was ready to step up.

His stock rose considerably in the summer of 2015 when he impressed for Sweden in their victorious UEFA Under-21 European Championship campaign.

Lindelof wasn't even named in the Sweden squad initially but came in when Emil Krafth suffered a back injury. The tournament ended with Lindelof converting the decisive penalty as Sweden beat Portugal in a penalty shootout, earning him a place in the team of the tournament.

With more regular football for Benfica came promotion to the senior Sweden team and he has made 11 appearances, including starts in all three of their group matches at Euro 2016, where they crashed out at the first hurdle.

Tall and physically imposing, Lindelof has been compared to ex-United star Rio Ferdinand. Mourinho will need reinforcements at the back with Champions League football next season

His performances continue to be recognised by Sweden and he now has 11 caps to his name

What are people saying about him?

Someone who knows Lindelof well is his compatriot and future team-mate Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who believes he is up to the job at United.

He said: 'I think Victor is doing great things, he is playing good for Benfica, he gets a lot of responsibility for the national team now, he is growing.

'Is he good enough for United? I think he's good enough for the big clubs out there. It's up to him what he wants and what the situation says. Whatever he chooses will be good for him.

'I know he is hot on the market so let him make the right choice, what fits him good.'

Meanwhile, another Swede and one of United's 1999 Treble winners, Jesper Blomqvist, has also given his seal of approval.

Blomqvist told Manchester Evening News: 'I was watching the November match between Sweden and France on TV and caught a glimpse of Jose Mourinho in the stand and my first thought was that it could only be Victor Lindelof he was looking at.

'My second thought was what a great signing that would be for the player and Manchester United. It would be perfect.

'He's quick, confident with the ball, likes to play and is very strong. For United fans I think the best comparisons would be with Rio Ferdinand and Ronny Johnsen. I'm not saying he is at their level yet but he is very capable of getting there.'

What are his strengths?

The first thing is that Lindelof, who stands at 6ft 2in, is strong and physically imposing, yet also covers ground very quickly. This means he can operate at right-back, as he has done on occasion for Sweden, as well as centre half.

That height and strength makes him very effective aerially and it's rare that he will lose a contest with an attacker in the air. It will also ease his adaptation to the physicality of the Premier League.

His timing in the tackle is also excellent, as shown by the fact he has received only one yellow card this season and picked up just five last year.

Lindelof isn't afraid to take the ball and burst forward into midfield, either, meaning that defence can be turned into attack in the blink of an eye.

What about weaknesses?

Lindelof, it has been noted, is sometimes a little too keen to get rid of the ball, often out of play. And although he is willing to break out of defence, the right pass is sometimes lacking.

He has worked hard on this aspect of his game and once he masters it will be something approaching the all-round defensive package.

What happens next?

At the moment, the United centre half berths are very much up for grabs and Mourinho will need a number of options at the back next season — especially with United qualifying for Champions League football next season.

Lindelof will certainly get his chance and has the opportunity to establish himself as one of the best defenders in the Premier League. United will certainly hope he seizes that opportunity.

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4604700/Man-United-announce-signing-defender-Victor-Lindelof.html
Swedia yg satu pergi, Swedia yg lain datang. the next Rio Ferdinad?
Old 15-06-2017, 09:41 AM   #15
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Victor Lindelof on desire to win titles, fighting for his place and playing in the Champions League... read Manchester United signing's first interview in full

* Manchester United have announced the signing of defender Victor Lindelof
* Sweden international gave his first interview to MUTV on Wednesday evening
* Lindelof speaks about influence of Jose Mourinho and how he wants to win titles
* He also talks about how move is a 'dream come true' and competition for places

Manchester United have secured their first summer signing in the form of £30.7million centre back Victor Lindelof.

The 22-year-old Sweden defender has Champions League experience, and joins from Benfica, where he had been for five years.

Here, Lindelof gives his first interview as a United player, exclusively on MUTV.

Victor Lindelof has spoken for the first time as a United player, to the club's television channel

On joining Manchester United

'It feels great, and I'm very happy to be here at this great club. I couldn't be happier. Of course, it feels great knowing that the coach wants you, so to finally be here I'm very happy.

'Of course, United is one of the biggest clubs in the world and they always want to win titles, so that is also my goal. I want to come here and win titles. That is the goal of the club and the players as well.

'I think for everyone who is joining this club, it is changing [their life]. There are a lot of [United] supporters in Sweden.

On Jose Mourinho

'I've spoken to him, it was a good chat. It's very important for me too, to hear what he has to say, so it was good. Of course, he's a great coach and for me to be able to work with him is a great opportunity for me.'

On leaving Benfica

'I was in Benfica for five years, so for me to leave was a tough decision because I was happy there and I developed lots as a player. Like I said before, when this opportunity came it was very easy for me to pick it.'

On fellow Swede Zlatan Ibrahimovic

'No actually, I haven't spoken to him [about United]. It's going to be nice to have him around, and to speak to him a little bit about the club and everything around it.'

On the type of player he is

'I'm quite a calm player. I like to have the ball at my feet, I'm good with the ball and I'm quite good at reading the game. I think I give the players in front a calmness, they know I'm back there to protect them the best I can.

'My position is a centre back, but I've played right back before and I started my footballing career as a midfielder. I see myself as a central defender, and I feel most comfortable there.'

On who he looks up to

'There's a lot of good centre backs, I can't pick just one. I try to learn from the best.'

On competition for places at Old Trafford

'Of course [I'm ready to fight for my place]. There are some great players here in my position, but I'm here to do my best and try and help the team as good as I can. It's always good to have other good players around you because when you have that I think you get better as well.

On 'dream' move to England

'I've always had that dream of coming here and to play in the Premier League, so for me it's a dream come true.

'Everywhere you go you have to adapt to a new environment, but I feel comfortable in myself and I trust myself so it's going to be tough but I'm looking forward to it.'

On Champions League experience

'It's been great to play against some really good teams, so for me to be able to play in the Champions League has been good and I have learned a lot from those games.'

On walking out of Old Trafford tunnel for the first time

'I think it's going to be a great feeling. I've seen a lot of games on TV but I've never been at the stadium so I think it's going to be a great feeling.

'Like you say, It's a very big club back home. They have a lot of supporters in Sweden. When you speak about the biggest clubs in the world, you always speak about Manchester. It's a great club and a great organisation.

On pre-season

'It's going to be very important for me to get the whole pre-season, to get to know the system here and all my team-mates. It's going to be very important.'

On free-kicks

'I'm quite good at [free-kicks], so if I get the opportunity to take one, I'll be there.'

And a message for the fans...

'I just want to say to them how happy I am to be here, and that I am going to do my best to represent this club. I hope they enjoy it.'

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4604842/Read-Victor-Lindelof-s-Manchester-United-interview.html
Old 15-06-2017, 10:28 AM   #16
fredrian.seven
captain
Welcome Mou

Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
fredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant future

Sekarang post #1 thread pemain isinya berita. Nggak lagi profil pemain seperti dulu-dulu.
fredrian.seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2017, 02:51 PM   #17
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

nambah lagi teman (tatoan) buat Rojo
Old 16-06-2017, 01:15 AM   #18
penk22_
Divisi IT
penk@unitedindonesia.org

Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute
Visit penk22_'s Facebook Visit penk22_'s Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrian.seven View Post
Sekarang post #1 thread pemain isinya berita. Nggak lagi profil pemain seperti dulu-dulu.
Uda di edit yak hehe

Ini gara2 gosip dulu baru gabung, coba gabung langsung tanpa gosip kan pasti #1 isinya biodata pemain
Old 16-06-2017, 01:17 AM   #19
penk22_
Divisi IT
penk@unitedindonesia.org

Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute
Visit penk22_'s Facebook Visit penk22_'s Twitter

DJORDJIC'S LOWDOWN ON VICTOR LINDELOF

Victor Lindelof is most at home in central defence but Swedish compatriot Bojan Djordjic feels Manchester United's new signing can also provide cover at right-back.

Djordjic, the winner of the Jimmy Murphy Young Player of the Year in 1999, was born in Belgrade but represented Sweden at Under-21 and Under-18 level, and he spoke on MUTV's The Paddy Crerand Show about Jose Mourinho's latest recruit.

"He's a very good prospect and I'm not just protecting him because he's Swedish and I have a Swedish passport," said Djordjic. "It's because I've followed his career from when he left a third-tier side in Sweden, Vasteras, to go to Benfica B.

"Swedish people and scouts lost him under the radar but he's really proved himself worthy of this move. He's been terrific at Benfica since he made his debut against Zenit St Petersburg at home in the 2016 Champions League.

"He can also cover as a right-back and played at right-back when Sweden won gold at the Under-21 European Championship in the Czech Republic two years ago. But, at centre-back, you're getting someone who is confident, has good feet and is not afraid of bringing the ball out.

"He is not afraid. He is not going to be fazed as he's played on a big stage at Benfica's stadium, which holds a lot of spectators as well. He's been there and done that."

Djordjic believes Lindelof will have learned the ropes by playing alongside South American stopper Luisao at the Estadio da Luz. The veteran, capped 46 times by Brazil, partnered the Swede more than any of his central defensive colleagues during their time together in Lisbon.

"You have to cut everybody some slack," Djordjic replied, when asked about allowing the defender time to settle. "But he's coming from Benfica, not some mid-table club in Holland or Belgium. He has been on the big scene, won league titles and played Champions League football.

"So he is up to pace playing against the best. Benfica have been a great club for a long, long time. I hope he is another of their players who does well. Victor played with Luisao, the Brazilian centre-back, and learned a lot from him. He had many games and many victories with him and, if he just keeps developing, he will get his chance to shine."

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2017/Jun/bojan-djordjic-expects-victor-lindelof-to-be-another-transfer-hit-for-manchester-united.aspx
Old 17-06-2017, 07:02 AM   #20
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

COOL REDS DEFENDERS FOR LINDELOF TO FOLLOW

Dubbed 'The Iceman', Victor Lindelof looks set to follow a long line of cool and composed Manchester United defenders.

Confident, ball-playing centre-backs have been a staple of the Reds' backlines throughout the Premier League era, with the club's 13 title wins built upon solid foundations that married defensive style with substance.

While United greats such as Steve Bruce, Jaap Stam and Nemanja Vidic were famed for their physical, no-nonsense approach, each of them had a partner at the heart of defence who was unflappable in the face of danger and calculating in distribution.

Here, we list five former defenders who remained remarkably cool when the heat was on.

GARY PALLISTER (1989-1998)

That United won three out of the first four Premier League titles from 1993 to 1996 is testimony to Pallister’s formidable partnership with Bruce, and the former’s assuredness seemed infectious as the Reds often won tight title races by a slender margin, with pressure gradually increasing throughout the season. Famed for finishing seasons strongly, Sir Alex Ferguson's team were able to count on the graceful no.6, one of the club’s most trusted lieutenants, to exude an air of calmness.

RONNY JOHNSEN (1996-2002)

Signed in the summer of 1996 to replace the Birmingham City-bound Bruce, Johnsen brought Scandinavian nous to the Premier League, and his calm nature also saw him thrive at the base of midfield when required. Bringing the best out of those around him in the heat of battle, Johnsen aptly slotted in alongside Pallister, David May or Henning Berg before forming his most formidable partnership with Jaap Stam in 1998/99 as United became Treble winners.

MIKAEL SILVESTRE (1999-2008)

Little was known about Silvestre in England prior to his move to Old Trafford, but the Frenchman quickly rose to Premier League prominence as an accomplished and cultured defender. Arriving with experience of top-flight football in Italy with Inter Milan, he was confident enough to perform just as competently at left-back as he did in central defence. Only one red card in almost 250 league appearances speaks volumes of his temperament.

LAURENT BLANC (2001-2003)

The World Cup winner was aged 35 when Sir Alex signed him and his experience proved crucial during the club's 2002/03 title-winning campaign. Blanc’s reading of the game and positional sense helped him to develop a reputation as one of the more unshakeable defenders in United’s rich Premier League history. An elder statesman of the side, the future France and Paris Saint-Germain manager flourished as a leader and sharpened the focus of his team-mates with unerring ease.

RIO FERDINAND (2002-2014)

Forming an impressive axis with Nemanja Vidic, Ferdinand was a perfect foil for the Serbian strongman, exuding grace when in possession and striding out of defence with the ball to commence a United attack. Rio's discipline on the pitch was commendable – the England international picked up just 20 yellow cards and one red in 12 years with United – and marks him out as one of the club’s coolest-ever defenders.

Over to you, Victor Lindelof.

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 28
alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, Andi Istiabudi, arik_, Aziiz_rachman, Blacklist7, endhy_cantona, FitraHaryadi39, fredrian.seven, goodfron, h-ANG, HaRrY-UIK, id4y, Kevin_Anggie, Legolash, penk22_, rahmatedi, reza willya, rio vander vidic, Riskur, rizkimn11_, smile_boy, tumpal_oneunited, wira_ozora, xkeiszglf34, zudomiriku