United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 04-07-2014, 09:33 PM   #1
rondwisan
udah sebelas yaa :)

Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,701 Posts
Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Visit rondwisan's Facebook Visit rondwisan's Twitter
Default [United’s head physiotherapist] Rob Swire

04/07/2014 14:00 - ManUtd.com, Adam Bostock
United physio Swire retires

Manchester United’s head physiotherapist Rob Swire has today called time on his 23-year career with the Reds, describing the post he’s decided to retire from as “fantastic” and “the top physio’s job in football.” His successor will be the assistant he appointed 15 years ago, Neil Hough.

First on the scene whenever a player succumbed to injury, Swire has been a familiar face on the pitch in the last decade and a half, following his promotion to senior physio in the summer of 1999. Since then, he’s played an important but low-profile part in United’s success, helping to keep the likes of David Beckham, Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney up and literally running in the pursuit of Premier League titles, European Cups and more. Leaving behind all that has understandably been difficult but Rob feels that now is the right time to step down from a demanding but enjoyable role.

“It wasn’t easy, it was a big decision,” he admitted. “I’d been thinking about it for a year or more, working out when it would be right to retire.

"I’ve been doing the job for a long time and the hours mean you’re working all the time, including weekends and evenings, and travelling a lot and that isn’t easy when you have a family at home.

“It’s been a fantastic job, a brilliant job, I couldn’t have wanted anything better, but after 23 years at United, and the best of 30 years in total of working pretty much seven days a week, I couldn’t keep doing it forever. I had to decide at some point when to stop and now’s the time.”

Swire’s long and distinguished service with the club began in 1991 when he responded to an advert in the Physiotherapy journal and landed a job as assistant to United physio Jim McGregor. The keen cyclist had aspired to work in the field from the age of 15, when he had treatment on a knee injury and thought, “I could do that.” His break into football came at Halifax Town, then managed by former Reds player Jim McCalliog, and after 18 months he was off to Manchester to be met by a very famous first patient.

“When I turned up for my first day at The Cliff training ground, the team were away on tour,” Rob recalled. “The only person there was Bryan Robson who was waiting for me to treat him. There was nobody else to even introduce us, but Bryan was great. I had a good few days working with him.”

Swire feels working with McGregor for three years and then Dave Fevre for five years after that fully prepared him for the senior post he occupied at United from 1999 until now.

“They were both good people to work with, fantastic at their job, and they taught me well,” said Rob, who believes he's the Premier League’s longest-serving physio at one club.

“I think this job is the top physio’s job in football. You can be a physio for the national team of course but there you only work intermittently, so I think club football is probably the pinnacle because you have day to day involvement with the players.”

This day-to-day involvement has helped the Reds to yield year after year of service from Ryan Giggs, whose career on the pitch at United has run in parallel with Rob’s time at the club – beginning in 1991 and only just drawing to a close now in 2014. But while the physio and his colleagues have obviously assisted Ryan, Rob gives the lion’s share of the credit for longevity to the player himself.

“It all starts with Ryan, he’s done by far the most to get himself out on the pitch through all the years. Sir Alex Ferguson looked after him too and then there’s myself, the other physios, the football coaches and fitness staff, the yoga teachers and nutritionists… but there is only so much you can tell players. They still have to take it on board and Ryan has taken in everything and used it to his advantage.”

Now Ryan has a new role as assistant manager he’ll be working closely with a new head physio in Neil Hough, someone who Rob considers as “perfect” to succeed him.*

“He’s been fantastic to work with, he’s been very supportive of me. You’ve got to have the best people around you and Neil has been brilliant.”

Rob himself will move on to a new life of relaxation and pastimes he’s had to put on the backburner throughout his long United career.

“After working seven days a week for such a long time, I’ve done something like 40 or 45 years’ work in 25 years, so I just want to put my feet up and see more of my family after spending so much time away from them.

"I’m also looking forward to catching up with the things I’ve not been able to do for all this time. I’ll get out in the garden, get out on my bike and just chill out.”

Everyone at Manchester United extends sincere thanks, warm wishes and congratulations to Rob on his retirement.
rondwisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:49 PM   #2
rondwisan

rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [United’s head physiotherapist] Rob Swire

04/07/2014 14:00 - ManUtd.com, Gemma Thompson
United legends praise retiring Rob

Manchester United legends Sir Alex Ferguson and Ryan Giggs have paid tribute to first-team physiotherapist Rob Swire, who is retiring from his role after 23 years with the club.

Swire joined the Reds in 1991 and was assistant to Jimmy McGregor and David Fevre before becoming head physio in 1999. Sir Alex and Giggs worked with Rob during his time at Old Trafford and are both keen to wish him well for the future.

“I remember Rob starting at the club – he was a very keen young man and always very focused on trying to improve himself and learn more,” Sir Alex told ManUtd.com.

“I was very lucky in that I had a lot of loyal people working for me during my time at the club, people like Rob, Les Kershaw, Dave Bushell, Jimmy Ryan, Paul McGuinness – they all worked for me for 20 to 25 years. I had wonderful loyalty from Rob. He’s a good person and a lovely man. I never had one issue with him in all the time he was with me. He’s obviously looked at his career now and wants to spend more time with his family.

“A lot of people in the game can get carried away with the celebrity status within it and of course we’ve had some fantastic stars at our club but it never affected staff like Rob. They’ve always helped the players keep their feet on the ground and that’s credit to the kind of club we are. I worked with Rob for such a long time and I’m very proud of the job he did. He served the club so well and I wish him all the very best for the future.”

Giggs echoed those sentiments, adding: “Rob has been a great servant to the club and has been here for as long as I can remember.*He has always taken great pride in his work and is a true professional.

"I would like to thank him for all his help and guidance over the years and for being instrumental in keeping me in the game for so long. He has worked tirelessly for the benefit of the team and has barely had a day off since he joined.

"I know he will enjoy spending more time with his family and I’m sure we will see him watching a few games at Old Trafford next season.*

“On behalf of everyone at Manchester United I would like to extend our warm wishes and congratulations to Rob on his retirement.”
Old 04-07-2014, 10:41 PM   #3
Redsbusby
BANG to the KE

Thanked 3,073 Times in 1,811 Posts
Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Redsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond repute

Taon ini banyak banget yg familiar bakal ga keliatan
Goodluck, om gundul. Dr gw SMP sampe skrg familiar bgt liat elu, musim depan udah ga ada lg. welldone.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

THE ONLY THING WE WANT TO LOSE THIS SEASON IS THE DEBT
Redsbusby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:13 AM   #4
rondwisan

Thanks n Good Luck Pakde Rob ...

Old 05-07-2014, 08:12 AM   #5
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Satu persatu tim kepelatihan era Sir Alex Ferguson meninggalkan Manchester United.
Terima kasih atas pengabdian dan dedikasi luar biasa mereka selama ini yang membuat nama mereka akan selalu tercatat dalam bagian sejarah kejayaan Manchester United era Sir Alex Ferguson
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:39 AM   #6
noerdiana 11
academy
Goal Announcer at UICORP

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
noerdiana 11 has a spectacular aura aboutnoerdiana 11 has a spectacular aura about

Rob Swire (ketua fisioterapis) secara resmi mengumumkan pensiun kemaren, setelah 23 tahun yang hebat Ia abdikan untuk melayani Manchester United. #ThankYoubRobSwire #Legend #mufc

“Ini tidaklah mudah, ini sebuah keputusan besar,”

“Saya telah memikirkannya selama setahun lebih, untuk memastikan waktu yang tepat untuk pensiun.

"Saya telah melakukan pekerjaan ini untuk waktu yang lama dan setiap jamnya berarti Anda selalu bekerja termasuk akhir pekan dan malam hari, dan melakukan banyak
perjalanan dan ini tidak mudah apabila Anda memiliki keluarga di rumah.

“Ini telah menjadi pekerjaan yang fantastis, saya tidak bisa menginginkan yang lebih baik dari ini, setelah 23 tahun di United, dan secara total 30 tahun bekerja selama tujuh hari per minggu, saya tidak bisa selamanya bekerja. Saya harus memutuskan kapan untuk berhenti dan inilah waktunya.”
noerdiana 11 is offline   Reply With Quote

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 8
Andi Istiabudi, fredrian.seven, jifortin, noerdiana 11, penk22_, Redsbusby, w.keane27