United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 23-11-2020, 10:10 AM   #411
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daniel Nii Tackie Mensah "Danny" Welbeck

Danny Welbeck scored his first goal for Brighton in their 2-1 victory against Aston Villa

Brighton manager Graham Potter has been impressed by the impact Welbeck has had so far
Old 07-12-2020, 09:30 AM   #412
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

I may be 30... but I'm still rapid! Danny Welbeck may have miles on the clock but he's still the fastest at Brighton (bar Tariq Lamptey!) as he puts his energy into propelling Graham Potter's quiet revolution at the AMEX

* Danny Welbeck joined Brighton in the summer after his release by Watford
* The 30-year-old has put injuries behind him and is impressing at the AMEX
* The former Manchester United forward has brought with him a winning pedigree
* He is taken with the styles of head coach Graham Potter and is eyeing success

There was a time when Danny Welbeck would have to juggle dreams. When the schoolboy prodigy with hopes of making it at Manchester United would jostle for position with Frash Kid, his music-writing alter-ego.

Football soon won but, even now, Welbeck has an eye on topping the charts. Even after edging past 30, the Brighton striker won't accept a slide down the rankings.

'Obviously looking around the squad there are a lot of younger members and they may see me as a senior member,' he says.

Danny Welbeck has found a new lease of life since joining Brighton and Hove Albion. The 30-year-old striker grabbed his first goal for the club against Aston Villa last month

'I've got a lot of experience playing games in the Premier League and at international level. So there are a lot of players that are younger than me. Whether they're quicker than me, I'm not too sure about that!' Welbeck laughs. 'Maybe Tariq Lamptey ...'

After last week's landmark birthday, Adam Lallana and Jason Steele are the only team-mates with more miles on the clock. Yet time cannot blunt every tool and on this south coast venture, Welbeck is out to prove that his race is far from run.

'I still feel young,' he smiles. 'I'm still feeling young, fit and healthy. That's the most important thing,'

Ever since Osgood–Schlatter disease struck his knees as a youngster, feeling healthy is not something that came easily. The intervening years have brought enough upheaval to weary anyone: six clubs, 16 managers and many lonely months on the treatment table.

He brings with him a winning mentality after success with Manchester United and Arsenal. Welbeck has been working on his mental fitness, too, in the light of his injury problems

Before signing for Brighton, Welbeck had scored just three league goals in two-and-a-half years.

The early days under Graham Potter, however, suggest he remains sharp of feet and mind.

Against Aston Villa, he raced clear from inside his own half to net his first Albion goal.

Last week against Liverpool, his guile was rewarded with a last-minute penalty that earned a share of the spoils.

Since signing Welbeck on a free transfer last month, Potter has tried to 'modify' the striker's all-action instincts. That will not be easy when energy has always defined Welbeck's game — and remains his preferred taste.

'You see the pressing style of teams like Liverpool and Bayern Munich, it's always a joy to watch,' he says. 'To see how everybody combines as a team and they move together so efficiently throughout the pitch. Everybody knows their job.

'To put that together is difficult, but to have that enthusiasm and energy through the whole game, the togetherness, I enjoy that.'

Last week, Brighton went toe-to-toe with Liverpool. For the second week running, Welbeck lasted the course and, late on, VAR provided a helping hand for Brighton to take a deserved point when Andy Robertson's kick on Welbeck was spotted at Stockley Park.

'It is weird,' says Welbeck of the replay system. 'It's not something I've been accustomed to. That's how football is at the moment. That's what we've got to deal with — we can't change it.'

Does he wish he could? 'I'd prefer it to be more efficient,' he says. The same charge could be pointed at Brighton. Again this season, many would argue their performances have merited better results. No one can dispute the prettiness of their play. But as Potter's side teeter in 16th, what really makes good football?

The striker had a frustrating stint at Watford and left after their relegation in the summer

'Winning: that's probably the most important thing,' says Welbeck. 'Then it's how you win.'

That is where he and Lallana hope to spark change. Behind the scenes, the feeling is that both summer signings have dragged Brighton to another level, not only with their quality on the pitch but also in training and how they carry and apply themselves.

Both are winners, too. Between them, they have collected virtually every medal club football offers. As Brighton eye the next step, that feels vital. 'Yeah, experience is invaluable,' Welbeck says.

'You know what it takes to win. How you prepare every single day — it's not just on matchday, it's the whole week. There's no time to rest, there's always an opportunity to learn and be focused on your upcoming challenges.'

Just as he showed during a brief spell in purgatory. In October, Welbeck went 12 days without a club after his contract with Watford was terminated. Potter claims 'easier' offers arrived but 'agent' Lallana helped broker a free one-year deal with Brighton.

'Without training with a team it was a bit difficult,' Welbeck says.

'I was still working every single day. There was a physio, Francesco, at Watford. I was still working with him. And with Lee, Danny and Pablo — the Watford fitness coaches. When I got to Brighton I was in the best shape I could have been.

'It takes a little while. You don't have a pre-season. You're not in the training sessions. But I worked hard to try and slot in as easily as possible.'

Early signs suggest this could be a coup for the long run. An extended stay would also give Welbeck more chance to explore his surroundings. Lockdown and life in the bubble has prevented sightseeing along Brighton seafront.

'It hasn't been the normal settling-in period like getting around, seeing places,' he says.

But Welbeck came here to improve, rather than to party. And even during this miserable year, nothing will dent his first love.

'Once you've got the football at your feet and you're on the pitch up against somebody, that's the joy of the game,' he insists. 'Obviously there's a lot of other factors that come into it: the fans, and you want them to be there. I hope we can get back to that as soon as possible, full stadiums rocking again. That will be amazing.'

Welbeck is coy on his chances of working his way back into Gareth Southgate's England side

Two thousand supporters will return to the AMEX for Monday's clash with Southampton. It will provide a first glimpse of their new arrival.

Should Welbeck keep fit and firing, more heads will turn and talk of an England recall will only swell. The 30-year-old was in Gareth Southgate's squad at the 2018 World Cup. He has been a popular choice with previous managers, too. Welbeck's international aspirations remain unchanged but for now he plays with a straight bat. He carries too many scars to look far ahead, even with a rescheduled Euros peering over the horizon.

'There have been a lot of trials and setbacks. But it's something that, once you're in that moment, you've got to try and see the positives,' he says. 'I've got a great group of friends and family around me, they keep me upbeat and they know how much I love playing football. So for them to see me not doing that, and for me myself to not be playing, it is tough.

'But it's also a trial. I've got to challenge myself to get back to where I want to be.'

Welbeck's injury problems spread from his knees to his hamstring, toe, hip, groin and ankle. During those difficult times he sought solace and mental gains in books such as Undisputed Truth, the autobiography of Mike Tyson.

'You always have that initial thought: "This is going to be really tough",' Welbeck admits. 'But it's important that you take it a day at a time and step by step.'

Welbeck has spoken in glowing terms about Graham Potter and is taken by his new boss

Now he's making strides once more. Potter has been impressed with his fitness and rather than wrapping him in cotton wool, the manager is battling to ensure Welbeck doesn't overdo it.

Those good first impressions go both ways. Having worked under Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger, Welbeck is not easily impressed but he says of Potter: 'He's a great coach. Tactically he brings a lot to the table. There is no stone left unturned. We know how we want to play and how we're going to attack opponents.'

Together, they are plotting the next stage of this quiet revolution. Topping the table may be beyond them for now. But that won't stop Welbeck dreaming once more.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9018859/Danny-Welbeck-putting-energy-propelling-Graham-Potters-quiet-revolution.html
Old 22-07-2022, 09:33 AM   #413
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Danny Welbeck reveals his incredible body transformation as former Manchester United and Arsenal striker gets into shape ahead of the new season with Brighton

* Brighton striker Danny Welbeck has revealed his incredible body transformation
*Welbeck has been putting in the hard work to get ready for the new season
* The striker, who has often struggled with injuries, is eager to make an impact

Brighton striker Danny Welbeck has been working hard on his physique throughout the summer.

The former Manchester United and Arsenal forward looks much stronger than he did previously.

Welbeck posted a video on Instagram showcasing his intense workouts during the summer.

The 31-year-old is determined to be in the best possible shape ahead of the new Premier League season.

Danny Welbeck has shown off his incredible physique after working hard over the summer. The Brighton striker posted a video on Instagram of his intense workouts during the off-season

In the video Welbeck is seen using an exercise bike, lifting weights and working with the ball.

Brighton's official Instagram account also posted a picture of Welbeck showing off his muscles.

The 31-year-old also worked with the ball in preparation for the upcoming campaign. The former England international will hope for better luck after struggling with injuries. Since he signed for Brighton in October 2020, Welbeck has scored 12 goals in 51 matches

Welbeck has scored 12 goals in 51 games since joining Brighton in October 2020.

He has frequently struggled with injuries during his career and was unavailable for 15 league games last season.

A product of Manchester United's academy, he was part of the squad that won the Premier League in 2012-13. Welbeck joined Arsenal in 2014 before signing for Watford in 2019.

Between 2011 and 2018 Welbeck played 42 times for England, scoring 16 goals.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11036493/Danny-Welbeck-reveals-incredible-body-transformation-Brighton-striker-gets-shape.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 172
Aba_MaczUnited, Acil445, adelberth, adhe united macz, aldysetiabudi, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, and1, Andi Istiabudi, anenk_garcia, Ardiey11, arymashuda, asririzky, badehul, bang_zak, bday, beckz_on7, bengbeng, bimbim, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, bmanutd, bombom, Brian Agni, Bulma, chest, christof_ww, CRvidi, cynta, d10neladitya, d1xd1, Dafabet, Deddy Hernandez, DermawanIsUnitedFans, dery pramudito, Dhanny09, dhodoadrian, Dony17, dudut, ecly_watchaa, edoardo, edobae, edroid, endhy_cantona, eyeofday, fadilbedil, Fajar_, fajrinited, farhaanongehhMUFC, febza, ferly_Liemz, fey777, fikrirf, finza_13, FirdaAnnisa, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, giggs26, goodfron, Gustiono, h-ANG, Haji Paidin, hendiplast, HenryRooney07, herzgiggsy, HRHMU86, hzent, iamsetia, icalace, icebreaker, id4y, ilz, Imron Setyo C, irfan_thered, irfi_1, irhamutd, IskandarJool, jifortin, juju, King_Cantona, kuning33, Lang25, lholob, Lucky_Cantona007, Mahesa_Jenar, ManUtdFans, mbah mangun, MichaelMU, Mochamad Soleh, mousetrap, MUFC1878, muthana, mygalzbiatch, NdeGue, normansyahrizal, octus, oldark, ollacarla, Om Juna, paiman, penk22_, puji purnawan, Pure_red, pweechevalier, quieroricos, rasyidrdh, Red Devils 07, RedMachine, Redsbusby, red_devilz, revald, reza willya, rio vander vidic, Riskur, rizky_fernando, robby7beckham, ronald hars, Roronoa Rooney, RPM, Ryan Smith, Ryan_lallo, s.h.a.r.a.z, scratch, sepatu_ancur, setiawans001, Shi no Gekai, smile_boy, SR 7, stamansa, Stone Roses, Supernan, swareksa, taz_devil_utd, theater of dream, tienli80, tietocinex, TomEnrico, Trezz Kiko, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, unai cantona, UNITED1878, united7, VaDLi, vankyoet, Vanz Wazza, Van_Munandar, vdgquintana, Victory, vivasoilsolid, wahyou91, wazzapoetra, william metta, wira_ozora, Yayat Dg Kulle, yogagoy, YRgoFManpm, yudiiriski, zeavhere, Zee de Wazza, zudomiriku, Zulfan, [skywalker]