United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 25-04-2017, 09:12 PM   #21
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Quinton Fortune

Quote:
Originally Posted by zudomiriku View Post

Quinton Fortune was so exhausted after the marathon he had to be taken away by paramedics

Tommy Lewis didn't realise who Fortune was until the race was over and he could hear the crowds shouting his name

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4441384/Ex-ManU-star-Quinton-Fortune-helped-finish-Marathon.html
Wah baru tahu Fortune pingsan di lomba lari !!! Semoga Fortune hanya kelelahan saja dan bisa segera pulih seperti sedia kala
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 05:38 AM   #22
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

FORTUNE: SUMMER SPECULATION IS INEVITABLE

The media landscape has changed dramatically since 1999 when Quinton Fortune signed for Manchester United.

Soon after the Reds clinched the Treble, a deal was quietly agreed with Atletico Madrid B to sign the South African, long before the move surfaced in the English press. Eighteen years later, the situation has altered significantly with every vague link between a player and a club, no matter how tenuous, being duplicated in multiple sources within hours.

At the launch for September's Legends game against Barcelona at Old Trafford, Fortune spoke to MUTV about the current obsession with transfers that engulfs the football world during the close season.

"That's just going to happen every summer, with so many players being linked," he said. "It’s [Antoine] Griezmann one day and [Kylian] Mbappe, the young French player, the next day and there are so many other players too. But it’s what you want and what you expect - players to be linked to Manchester United."

Fortune hopes Jose Mourinho will be just as successful as he was last year with his acquisitions, as he expects the boss to plot an assault on the Premier League title in 2017/18.

"Hopefully, we will get some signings as good as the ones we got last season - Paul Pogba, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Eric Bailly and Micki [Henrikh Mkhitaryan]. All were high quality and the deals were done very quickly," the former midfielder added.

"He [Jose] was very clear on the players he wanted and it was good to see that we went out and got them quickly. We settled them in, and it took a bit of time, but they’ve been brilliant, every single one of them.

"I hope we’ll have the same kind of summer, bringing in a few new faces and strengthening the club. Manchester United always need to strengthen, it’s good for competition, and the aim next season in my opinion, and I’m sure the manager will think the same, has got to be to win the Premier League. It’s nice being back in the Champions League but the main goal will be winning the league."

www.manutd.com
Old 26-06-2017, 07:25 AM   #23
Andi Istiabudi
manager

FORTUNE RUES RONALDINHO NOT BEING A RED

Quinton Fortune feels a bit of summer sunshine could have persuaded Ronaldinho to join Manchester United in 2003.

The South African has been enjoying the recent good weather in the north west as he continues with his preparations for the first of two Legends matches against Barcelona, at the Nou Camp on Friday 30 June.

Of course, Sir Alex Ferguson came close to convincing Ronaldinho to trade Paris Saint-Germain for Old Trafford but Barca ultimately won the pursuit and landed the gifted Brazilian in a big-money deal.

Fortune, who is eagerly awaiting another chance to play against the skilful South American, thinks things might have been different, but for the weather, with the Reds instead signing a fellow countryman, Kleberson, and a certain Cristiano Ronaldo in time for the 2003/04 season.

"Oh my goodness, when you look at their team," he told ManUtd.com as he looked ahead to Friday's Legends match. "First of all, start with Ronaldinho so, okay, you can stop there. It’s a fantastic team and of course Barcelona are one of the greatest clubs in the world. Playing at Camp Nou and at Old Trafford, I think everyone is looking forward to it but a few of us will have to put in extra training to make sure we’re fit for this game.

"I think we got it wrong by bringing Ronaldinho in at the wrong time of year as it was raining that day he arrived at Manchester Airport. Maybe it was summer anyway but, if we’d have timed it with the right day, it could have been a different story.

"It would have been absolutely amazing to have him here. He’s one of the greatest players ever to play football and entertained with his skill, fun and joy. He brought it all and it will be a great occasion for everyone to play against him and watch him. I was very fortunate to play for South Africa against him in the Olympics in front of 72,000 fans but, when he was at Barcelona, he was a different Ronaldinho so I’m hoping we get a glimpse of that and I hope I won’t have to mark him!"

Fortune's training schedule for the big games (the second clash takes place at Old Trafford on 2 September) will be affected after he recently became a father.

"I know," he replied, when asked about sleepless nights. "This is a life changer. Yeah, I had a little boy on 1 June and I’ve been up every single night. But it’s not a problem. It’s a joy and it’s a blessing. I don’t know what the time is any more but it’s amazing!"

www.manutd.com
Old 13-04-2018, 12:49 PM   #24
Andi Istiabudi
manager

#UnitedandMe : WHEN FORTUNE MET FORTUNE

Twelve-year-old Fortune is the latest youngster to feature in the #UnitedandMe series, promoted by Manchester United Foundation.

Fortune, who is currently studying at Middleton Technology School, has been helped greatly by the Foundation since moving to the UK when he was five years old.

From struggling to speak English and fit in at school, the club's charitable arm have helped Fortune join the school football team and given him opportunities to help out with younger children at primary school.

Recently, Fortune had an exciting opportunity to visit the Aon Training Complex and meet his namesake, Quinton Fortune, as well as Reds stars Juan Mata and Ander Herrera.

"It was an honour to meet Quinton because I have never met a legendary footballer," the youngster said. "We have the same background and lots in common. We are both left footed and left handed and also like the same subjects at school.

"It was a surprise because I didn’t know the players were going to come and it feels great that they
came just to see me."

Former United midfielder Fortune, who was also born in South Africa, knew the struggles of moving to a new country and having to settle in.

“It feels like meeting myself,” added Quinton. “We have had a similar experience because I came
over from South Africa when I was 14 and we’ve both had to learn a different language.

“He’s had a hard time at school but I’ve tried to encourage him and told him to try his best to rise
above it but thanks to the help of the Foundation, the coaches and teachers have been able to help
him and you can see the amazing work and the difference they are making.”

Fortune’s film is available to watch on the Manchester United Foundation YouTube channel, where
you can also find out about other inspirational young people involved with the Foundation.

You can find out more about #UnitedandMe by following Manchester United Foundation on social
media, looking out for the hashtag or visiting www.mufoundation.org/UnitedandMe.

www.manutd.com
Old 02-08-2019, 12:47 AM   #25
Andi Istiabudi
manager

'IT'S THE BEST PLACE IN THE WORLD FOR ME'

Quinton Fortune is embracing his new role as Manchester United's Under-23s assistant coach with his usual enthusiasm and endeavour.

The former South Africa international is naturally delighted to be back with the Reds and is passing on his knowledge to the young group, while working with new lead coach Neil Wood.

The recent training camp in Austria enabled Fortune to make a positive early impression on the squad and it is clear he is already relishing the start of the new Premier League 2 campaign.

“I’m coaching and trying to give as much of my knowledge, of my experience to the players and assist Woody as much as possible, and prepare them for our first game,” Fortune told MUTV. “It’s the best place in the world because, for me, it’s the closest thing to playing.

"I get to be on the pitch with the players and I’m excited every day to work with these players and, hopefully, we can prepare them as well as possible for the first team.

“This is something I’ve been working on for the last couple of years and I always wanted to be a part of the coaching staff. Being a player was obviously fantastic but, to be on this side now and thinking about sessions every day and preparing the players, thinking about the standards we set for them training and the behaviours, it’s amazing because you’re working with high-quality players.

"The goal is just to prepare them as well as possible for when the boss thinks they are ready for the first team.“

Although he has been busy setting up the Quinton Fortune Academy, dealing with much younger age groups, he jumped at the chance to return to the club where he made 126 appearances.

“We spoke about it for a couple of weeks,” he revealed. “But I didn't want to get ahead of myself by going out and saying I'd got the job. I was just being patient until the club confirmed it and then I told some close friends.

”You guys know me and have worked with me for the last couple of years and you know how passionate I am about Manchester United. So, to be able to be in this position is a privilege and an honour and I will do everything I can to help these players and make them strong mentally and physically, and help Woody to prepare a good Under-23s team. Our most important aim is that players can make the first team and then we're doing the right thing.“

The Under-23s have been told to enjoy themselves in this professional environment and embrace the challenge of representing a club like Manchester United.

“It’s the best time of their lives!” enthused Fortune. “I just said to one of the coaches that we had a football pitch in Austria that, even when we come a long way from the Aon Training Complex, we can turn the water on whenever we want. I’m thinking: ‘This is unbelievable.' And we’re not even at Carrington!

”There’s no excuse: as coaches, as players, it’s now us coming together and having to find the best way to prepare these players as well as possible. They have to realise they need each other and have to depend on each other and then you’re on the right track.

“There are some fantastic young players in there and I’m just excited to be working with them.”

Source : https://www.manutd.com
Old 09-09-2020, 10:07 AM   #26
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Quinton Fortune leaves role as Manchester United Under-23s assistant coach to join Reading's first team coaching staff

* Manchester United Under-23s coach Quinton Fortune has left the club
* The South African will team up with new Reading manager Veljko Paunović
* Fortune joined United as a player in 1999 and enjoyed a seven-year spell
* He returned to the club to work towards attaining his coaching badges in 2012

Manchester United have confirmed assistant Under-23s coach Quinton Fortune has left the club to become first team coach at Reading.

The 43-year-old will join new Royals manager Veljko Paunović at the Madejski Stadium ahead of the 2020-21 Championship season.

The news comes after previous Reading Under-23s coach Scott Marshall left the club, followed by the departure of first team boss Mark Bowen.

Fortune joined United as a player in 1999, making 126 appearances for the Red Devils over the following seven years, before leaving to join Bolton Wanderers.

The South African returned to the club in 2012 to start working towards his coaching badges and began his role as assistant coach for United's Under-23s in July 2019.

United's Under-23s won promotion to Premier League 2 Division One in 2019-20. Neil Wood's side stood second behind West Ham United when the season was curtailed and final positions were decided by a points-per-game algorithm.

Manchester United Under-23s assistant coach Quinton Fortune has left to join Reading

Nick Cox, Head of Academy, told the club's official website: 'Everyone at the Academy wishes Quinton the best of luck in his new role. All of our coaches, as well as the players, receive a huge amount of development and this is another example of the type of progress that an individual can make within the Academy system.

'The Under-23s' promotion was a great achievement for Neil Wood and his staff so we'd like to thank Quinton for his role in that.

'We are fortunate to have a pool of excellent coaches in the professional development phase who are ready to take on increased responsibilities.

'They will work together to support the squad as we look to continue to build on the eight first-team debuts that were made last season.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8710547/Quinton-Fortune-leaves-role-Manchester-United-23s-assistant-coach-join-Reading.html
Old 09-09-2020, 10:50 AM   #27
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Sudah memimpin latihan skuad Reading nih Fortune

Old 26-06-2021, 08:11 AM   #28
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Siapa tahu kelak di kemudian hari bisa melatih United

FORTUNE CONFIRMS MANAGERIAL ASPIRATIONS

Former Manchester United midfielder Quinton Fortune has passed his UEFA pro-licence course and is determined to master the art of coaching.

The South African has been working on his coaching badges for many years and gained valuable experience with United's Under-23s before taking up a post at Championship club Reading in September 2020.

It has been a long road for the 44-year-old but he is determined to put all of his education to good use in the game.

“Why I've been so happy about it is because I started back in 2003/04,” he told us. “I remember Neil Bailey coming to the Aon Training Complex with a guy called Joe Joyce and we went into the Academy building.

“In walked Keaney [Roy Keane] and Scholesy [Paul Scholes] and I was thinking what am I going to tell them so I walked out and left them. There was no chance I was going to tell them [about it]! That's how it all started and it was a long journey with amazing people helping me reaching that level to get the pro-licence. It's definitely worth doing all the hard work.”

he likes of Rory Delap, Casey Stoney and John Terry were on the same course and, despite problems posed by COVID-19, it was a satisfying and rewarding experience for Fortune.

“Coaching-wise, I still want to improve and master the art of coaching,” he said. “Obviously, I want to become a manager but first want to be a coach and understand that side of the game. Getting my pro-licence is doing that and it helps prepare me for what is ahead. It's been an amazing two years with some amazing people on the course and the learning they put into you in different scenarios is definitely worth it.

“That's the plan [management]. It's almost like the closest thing you can get to playing football, which I could play forever. I've got to use what I've learned over the years and transfer that to helping the players and being the best coach or manager I can be.

“We were a little bit unfortunate that before COVID, it was at St George's Park but we had to do most of it online. We were still able to meet sometimes in Warwick and at Windsor for the ceremony but a lot of stuff was online, which was another challenge we managed to overcome.

“You can pick the brains of the players and managers in the game on the course and ask questions. Now I understand what Sir Alex went through and all the coaches in the Premier League and around the world!”

manutd.com
Old 19-07-2022, 11:00 AM   #29
Andi Istiabudi
manager

FORTUNE: ‘I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE HIM’

Christian Eriksen will “have an impact” at Manchester United, says former Red Quinton Fortune.

The ex-United player was speaking on the recent episode of the UTD Podcast – available now on the United App – and heaped praise on Erik ten Hag’s second signing.

“We’ve been missing some creativity, this guy has got creativity,” said Fortune. “Whoever’s playing up front needs to make the run, he will find you.

“This guy has got so much balance, imagination, [and] he can score goals for you. We need to get the ball to him.”

Eriksen joined the Reds on a free transfer on Friday after his contract with Brentford had expired at the end of last season.

“I’m so excited to see him in a red jersey,” said Fortune. “[It is] amazing how they loved him at Brentford, how he changed the team when he came in. So [he’s a] great signing.”

The Denmark international’s move to United follows his successful spell with the Bees, where Eriksen helped Thomas Frank’s side retain their Premier League status.

Fortune believes that the midfield maestro can have a similar influence at Old Trafford, and help make Ten Hag’s debut season at the club a successful one.

“[Ten Hag] wouldn’t sign him if he didn’t think he was going to have an impact,” he said. "He will have an impact.

“Those that have played against him and have played the game will know this guy is a wonderful player.

“I’m glad he chose Manchester United so [it’s] exciting. I can’t wait to see him.”

www.manutd.com

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 17
Andi Istiabudi, Blacklist7, fey777, iamsetia, indraaveiro, irfan_thered, Jak_Ilcapitano_11, MUFC1878, penk22_, reza willya, rio vander vidic, Riskur, Trezz Kiko, tumpal_oneunited, zudomiriku