United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 17-03-2019, 07:19 PM   #951
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Paul Aaron Scholes

SOLSKJAER: I'VE INVITED SCHOLES FOR A CHAT

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has revealed that he has invited his former Manchester United team-mate Paul Scholes to the club after he left his role as Oldham Athletic's manager on Thursday.

Scholes surprised the football world on Thursday afternoon by resigning from his first managerial role – at the League Two team he has always supported – after just seven games and 31 days in charge.

The pair played together under Sir Alex Ferguson at United for 11 years, between 1996 and 2007.

‘HE’S INVITED HERE FOR A CHAT’

Ole was asked in his press conference ahead of Saturday’s Emirates FA Cup quarter-final tie at Wolves whether he was shocked by the news.

“Well, he’s probably got his reasons why he left,” Solskjaer told reporters at the Aon Training Complex.

Our caretaker manager then went on to say that Scholesy is invited to come to the club and see him at any time.

“You’ve got to ask him,” said Ole, when pushed on whether he thinks the former England star will venture into management again. “He’s invited here if he wants to come and have a little chat about it – I’ve texted him.

“It didn’t work out as he wanted [at Oldham] but that’s management.”

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2019, 09:32 AM   #952
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Teenage son of Manchester United legend Paul Scholes is found guilty of assault after beating up an old school friend at a pub

* Arron Scholes, 19, 'left Robert Kemper with bloodshot eyes and bruised face'
* Attack happened in an Oldham pub after England won against Tunisia in 2018
* Scholes Jr, a striker for Manchester league club Royton Town, convicted today

The teenage son of former England and Manchester United footballer Paul Scholes has been found guilty of beating up a former school friend then taking picture of his injuries during an unprovoked 'happy slap-style' attack.

Arron Scholes, 19, left Robert Kemper, 21 with blood shot eyes and bruises all over his face after the unprovoked attack on the day of England's 2-1 victory over Tunisia in last year's World Cup.

During the attack at the Granby Arms in Uppermill, near Oldham, Greater Manchester, Mr Kemper - who was drunk - was seen lying flat on his back and offering no resistance whilst Scholes beat him about the face.

The teenager - eldest of three children to the Old Trafford favourite - was then seen 'jumping up and down and laughing hysterically' before taking a picture of the victim's injuries on his mobile phone.

Mr Kemper who had known Scholes from their school days together -remembered little of the attack himself - but said in the moments leading up to the assault, he recalled saying 'hello- alright mate!' only to get 'very little response.'

Scholes a striker for Manchester league club Royton Town denied assault by beating claiming he was acting in self defence but he was convicted after a trial.

At Tameside magistrates court the youngster a sports marketing management student at Manchester Metropolitan University who lives with his family in a luxury property in the village of Grasscroft looked crestfallen as his 43-year old father and also his mother Claire watched from the public gallery.

He will be sentenced next week after a report is prepared to see if he is suitable for community work.

The incident occurred on June 18 last year after Mr Kemper had been drinking heavily after watching world cup match with friends.

Mr Kemper told the hearing: 'I had gone to a friend's house to watch the football match during the World Cup.

'Then after we watched the football we made our way to the Granby Arms with two friends and we had a few drinks.

'We had a couple of beers and a mini bottle of vodka, so I had one or two glasses of vodka and sprite.

'I had one pint at the Granby Arms. I walked in with my friends, went round to sit down and I noticed Arron he was in the other side of the pub and I went round to say 'hello'.

Arron Scholes, 19 (pictured outside Tameside Magistrates Court today) left Robert Kemper, 21 with blood shot eyes and bruises all over his face after the unprovoked attack in Oldham, Greater Manchester last year

'I got a very little response, thought nothing of it, walked away and went back to my friends.

'I knew Arron from school. Me and my friends were just discussing and talking about the football and then played some pool and I then went out for a cigarette.

'There was a couple of other people who came out but I can't remember who was there.

'I was having a cigarette facing away from the door when I started receiving punches, I didn't know where it was coming from or who was throwing them.

'I was just aware of walking out in a daze a few minutes later, I was still unsure of what happened.

'I was very confused about that incident - I just knew I was struck a number of times and I had not hit anybody else.

'I didn't know who did it at the time but I found out shortly afterwards. Both my eyes were swollen and there was congealed blood in my nose and ears.

'I had blood shot eyes for a few weeks, swollen tender cheeks, swollen lips and bruising for a week or so.

'I saw Arron last at his 18th birthday party.

'We had been friends at school. We had fallen out but had made up in regards to that.

'I'm not sure of the events of the night, I just know the injuries I sustained. I was in a daze and unconscious for most of it.

'I'm not sure whether the injuries or the alcohol affected my memory.'

The court heard after the incident Mr Kemper sent Scholes a barrage of text messages saying: 'Lol imagine that you bloodied my face.

'Lol I'm trying to sort things out with you.

'P*****, go one on one. Say something. I have got a black eye, f***** speak to me then, say something p****.

'Say something or are you bent.

'P*** me off say something goon. You seen my eye you c***, actually mad.'

Under cross examination Mr Kemper denied claims he called Scholes a 'p*****' earlier in the evening at a different pub and asked him outside for a fight.

He added: 'There was no reason for me to do that.

'We had discussions about trying to repair our relationship.

'There was no reason for me to try starting something out of the blue.

'I remember him being with other people. After it happened I did call him a 'p****'. I said 'you're a p**** for hitting me from behind'.

'At the time whilst I was being hit, I didn't have time to see who was hitting me. I was stood next to one of the tables outside.

'The blows to my head were severe and friends told me I received a sustained attack.

'I did not square up to him. He was restrained by his friend who preventing him from striking me again.

'The details are quite hazy. I would see no reason to provoke him. He had many friends with him. I had no idea what was happening.

'I had to have everything explained to me by other punters at the pub. I was stumbling about in the pub afterwards.

'I got a taxi to the hotel near my house to disguise my injuries and my father came to take me home.

'When I got home I did send him some messages which I do regret sending. But I did not start a fight.'

Prosecutor Miss Lucy Bridge said: 'Mr Kemper had been drinking prior to entering the pub and he had been watching the football during the World Cup.

'When he entered the pub he saw the defendant and thought to himself that he would go and speak to him.

'Before speaking with him, he went to the bar and was served by the landlady, he got his drink, then approached the defendant and asked him 'are you alright, mate'.

'The defendant gave no response and Mr Kemper walked away with his drink.

'He was served one alcohol beverage until approximately 10pm when the landlady informed the victim of how intoxicated he was and she would not serve any more alcohol to him.

'The victim went outside for a cigarette and the next thing he recalled was being punched to the head.

'He didn't see who punched him and he said he felt lightheaded and dizzy after the attack.

'The landlady went outside and she saw the victim on his back being attacked by Arron Scholes.

'She was able to say that Robert Kemper did not retaliate at any time and she described the situation as an unprovoked attack.

'They both parted ways with Robert Kemper going left and Arron Scholes going right.

'Arron Scholes was spoken to by the police on 24 October, where he said he went outside to confront Mr Kemper but then acted in self defence as he thought he was going to be assaulted.'

Landlady Debbie Hardy told the hearing: 'Rob came in and he had a drink and about 20 minutes later Arron came in. Another man came over and put his arm around him and whispered something in his ear.

'That's when Arron ran straight out to assault Rob. I ran out after him but he was punching Rob. didn't see Rob do anything at all other than trying to defend himself.

'I saw two other males pull Arron away. Rob was dazed and was looking around as if to say 'what happened'.

'There was blood on his face. Two lads restrained Arron but he was jumping up and down and laughing hysterically at Rob. He got his phone out and took a picture of Robs face then proceeded to punch him again.

'He started laughing when he looked at the picture). He put his phone towards Robs face and then hit him again. Rob was stood with his hands down beside him. At no point was Rob being threatening.

'One of Arron's friends said that Rob had called him a 'p***y' but I said no one deserved to be punished like that.'

Scholes, 19, told the hearing: 'Earlier in the evening he was shouting things and it became obvious he was shouting at me. He was giggling and shouting in my direction. I couldn't hear what he was saying but it was towards me.

'He got more and more aggressive as the night went on. He said I was a p***y because I wouldn't come outside. At the Granby my friend came over and said 'Rob just started on me as I came through the door'.

'I went over to confront Rob but he looked drunk and angry. I thought he was going to hit me so I defended myself by hitting him before he hit me. Everything about him was threatening. I never had a fight before, I never punched anybody before. I was just panicked and in fear but I was not laughing hysterically. There was just a bit of a scuffle.'

But district judge Sam Goozee said: 'What's not in dispute is that you had both been drinking that evening but Robert Kemper was more candid about it than you. You seemed evasive when challenged and the only person being aggressive was yourself.

'You have given evidence to paint the picture there was tension between you and Robert Kemper and that justified you punching him as you did but this is not supported by other evidence.

'Maybe your own recollection is clouded by alcohol. There was no suggestion Robert wanted a fight earlier in the evening.'

Arron's father Paul, 44, who was capped 66 times by England, won 11 Premier League titles and two Champions Leagues with United.

He has another son with Claire, Aiden, who is 13 and has autism.

Last September the football legend stepped in at his son's league match against Stockport Georgians in the Manchester Premier League match when Royton found themselves short of players.

In his autobiography Scholes: My Story, the former Red wrote of his family: 'For all the benefits that professional football has brought me, none of them would mean a thing to me without my family, my wife Claire, my sons Arron and Aiden, and my daughter Alicia.

'My new generation of Red Devils are our three kids who keep Claire and me extremely busy, but we wouldn't have it any other way.

'I know I'm bound to say this about my own children but we think they're brilliant and love them to bits. Arron and Alicia are fantastic with Aiden.

'It can't be easy having a brother in his situation but they cope with it brilliantly.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6821715/Paul-Scholes-arrives-court-son-Arron-ahead-assault-trial.html
Old 05-05-2019, 06:50 AM   #953
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Dengan prestasinya selama menjadi pemain United, menurut saya Scholes lebih baik jadi duta United, komentator dan bintang tamu acara meet and greet atau fokus mengembangkan bisnis hotel dan klub sepakbolanya. Scholes akan selalu dihormati dan dikagumi oleh seluruh fans United di dunia

Mourinho: Jadi Manajer Susah Kan, Scholes?
Mohammad Resha Pratama - detikSport

London - Karier Paul Scholes sebagai manajer cuma seumur jagung. Jose Mourinho pun menyindir balik Scholes yang kerap mengkritiknya.

Scholes mundur dari posisinya sebagai manajer Oldham Athletic 15 Maret lalu atau tepat sebulan setelah memulai karier manajerialnya. Scholes sebenarnya mencatatkan start oke bersama Oldham ketika menang 4-1 atas Yeovil Town.

Setelahnya kinerja Scholes menurun di enam laga selanjutnya dengan tiga imbang dan tiga kalah. Selama ditangani Scholes, Oldham jadi klub yang paling banyak membuang poin dari posisi unggul.

Tak lama setelah kekalahan ketiganya, dari Lincoln, Scholes lantas mengundurkan diri meski terikat kontrak 18 bulan. Scholes kemudian menekuni kembali pekerjaannya sebagai pundit di stasiun televisi.

Salah satu pihak yang mungkin senang dengan mundurnya Scholes itu adalah Mourinho, Bukan tanpa alasan mengingat Scholes vokal betul mengkritik gaya main Manchester United di bawah Mourinho. Puncaknya adalah ketika tim mengalami serangkaian hasil buruk sebelum memecat Mourinho.

"Tapi pengalaman memang berbicara. Kita sendiri merasakannya di Inggris ketika mantan pemain top begitu luar biasa berbicara di depan kamera," ujar Mourinho kepada RT yang dilansir Yahoosports.

"Mereka lantas melatih klub sepakbola dan cuma bertahan selama dua bulan. Lalu kembali ke rumah masing-masing karena merasa pekerjannya tidak cocok," sambungnya.

"Jadi tentu saja ada banyak hal yang kau bisa lakukan atau kau tidak bisa lakukan dalam dunia ini."

Tak cuma Scholes yang diserang balik Mourinho, Gary Neville yang kerap menyerang pun kena semprot ketika dia gagal total menangani Valencia beberapa musim lalu.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:00 AM   #954
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Manchester United have to be written off for TWO YEARS, says Paul Scholes as he blasts Paul Pogba, Ashley Young and Nemanja Matic for not setting example to young stars

* Paul Scholes says it'll take two years for Manchester United to challenge for title
* United were disappointing as they were held to a 1-1 draw away to Southampton
* Scholes criticised the displays of Nemanja Matic, Ashley Young and Paul Pogba

Manchester United legend Paul Scholes has claimed that his former club are at least two years away from challenging for the Premier League title.

United haven't won the league since Sir Alex Ferguson's final season in 2012-13, and have endured much frustration in recent years, which included them finishing in sixth place last season.

Scholes doesn't anticipate that United's situation will improve any time soon, especially following the 1-1 draw away to Southampton last weekend.

Scholes told Premier League Productions: 'I am disappointed. It looked like from when the moment Juan Mata went off, actually.

'I was surprised because I thought if anybody is going to create something it's Juan Mata.

'But it wasn't the young players I was disappointed with, it was more the experienced players.'

United took the lead against Southampton through Daniel James in the 10th minute, but Saints levelled courtesy of Jannik Vestergaard in the second period.

Despite Southampton ending the game with 10 men following the dismissal of Kevin Danso, United were still only able to take a point.

Paul Scholes claims it will take two years before Manchester United can challenge for the title. Ex-United midfielder Scholes was critical of Nemanja Matic's display against Southampton. Experienced defender Ashley Young was also the subject of strong criticism from Scholes. Paul Pogba struggled versus Southampton, which led to criticism from Scholes

Scholes was left livid with the performances of some of United's senior players, such as Nemanja Matic, Ashley Young and Paul Pogba.

He said: 'When Matic came on he constantly gave the ball away, Ashley Young gave the ball away, I don't know how many times Paul Pogba lost possession.

'These are the people that young players are looking up to, the examples you're looking at.

'I think you almost have to write United off for the next two years, this team, until Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has cleared everything he wants out, has four or five transfer windows.'

United have some exciting young talents at their disposal, with James and Aaron Wan-Bissaka having been brought in, while Mason Greenwood is progressing well and the likes of Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford have a lot of experience for their age.

Scholes, though, feels that the experienced players need to step up for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side.

He said: 'United are going to be behind Manchester City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Tottenham.

'I think this is United at the minute, you have to be patient with the young players, but the experienced players have to step up.

'We've seen over and over again how many mistakes experienced players are making, it's difficult for young players to come into a team like that.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7427059/Manchester-United-news-Paul-Scholes-claims-former-written-TWO-YEARS.html
Old 19-09-2019, 09:15 AM   #955
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'I don't think it'll be a big loss to Manchester United': Paul Scholes claims his old club wouldn't miss Paul Pogba and admits failure to replace Romelu Lukaku left him 'disappointed'

* Paul Pogba re-joined Manchester United in a world-record deal from Juventus
* But his performances and attitude has divided opinion across the board since
* Former United midfielder Scholes believes Pogba would not be missed
* Scholes was also unimpressed with a lack of additions up front this summer

Paul Scholes has stated he doesn't think Paul Pogba will be a 'big loss' to Manchester United should he leave the club in the future.

Pogba, who re-joined United in 2016 for a then world-record fee of £89million, was rumoured to be keen to leave Old Trafford in the summer, with both Real Madrid and Barcelona courting the midfielder.

Now Scholes, who retired in 2013 after spending his career at United, does not believe the Red Devils will miss Pogba's influence, and he has not rated his consistent form during the past three years.

Paul Scholes believes Manchester United won't miss Paul Pogba should he leave in the future. Pogab divides opinion at United and has constantly been in the rumour mill for a move away

Spekaing to talkSPORT, Scholes said: 'I think it's quite clear he wants to leave the club.

'He wanted to move to Real Madrid [in the summer] and for whatever reason it didn't happen.

'If they ask him to stay for a year then we'll see what happens. But I don't think it will be a big loss to United [if he does go].

'At the end of the day his form hasn't been great anyway over the last three or three years he's been there.

'I'm sure there's more players there who can step in and do just as good a job.'

Scholes also spoke about his concerns about the club's options up front, particularly after the departure of Romelu Lukaku to Inter Milan.

'That's the one thing that disappoints me,' Scholes continued.

'He [Ole Gunnar Solskjaer] obviously knew they were going to sell Lukaku at some point, but not to have a centre-forward lined up seems like a mistake to me.

'Whether they did, whether it dragged on too long from the club's point of view, I don't know.

'They're going into a season without a centre-forward when it's a club that is known for its attacking style and had probably four centre-forwards in its heyday.

'So to go in there with [Marcus] Rashford and [Anthony] Martial, who you're not quite sure if they're left wingers or centre-forwards, we don't know. But I'm sure it'll get sorted.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7479715/I-dont-think-itll-big-loss-Paul-Scholes-claims-old-club-wouldnt-miss-Paul-Pogba.html
Old 19-10-2019, 01:53 AM   #956
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Scholes: MU Butuh 4-5 Bursa Transfer Bagus untuk Kembali ke Puncak
Rifqi Ardita Widianto - detikSport

Jakarta - Paul Scholes mengakui Manchester United masih harus menempuh jarak cukup jauh untuk kembali ke titik kejayaan. Butuh 4-5 bursa transfer, dan harus bagus.

MU mengawali musim ini dengan mengecewakan. Dari delapan pekan pertama, hanya dua yang dimenangi tim besutan Ole Gunnar Solskjaer plus tiga laga lainnya berakhir imbang.

Alhasil pemilik gelar Liga Inggris terbanyak itu terjerembap ke posisi 12 klasemen dengan baru mengumpulkan sembilan poin. MU cuma dua poin saja dari zona degradasi.

Setelah musim lalu hanya finis keenam, 'Setan Merah' diperkirakan akan kembali kesulitan untuk sekadar masuk empat besar. Scholes menilai MU saat ini jauh dari kata ideal untuk bertarung di posisi-posisi teratas.

"Saya rasa empat atau lima bursa transfer lagi, dan harus bagus semuanya. Saya rasa pemain-pemain baru Ole sudah sangat bagus, sangat menjanjikan, dan selama dia adalah manajer yang bertugas menangani pemain yang masuk, maka saya tak melihat ada masalah," ungkapnya di BBC Radio5.

Musim ini Ole merekrut tiga pemain muda, yakni Daniel James, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, dan Harry Maguire. Ketiganya dinilai sudah tampil menjanjikan kendati baru bergabung.

Perekrutan ini menunjukkan sinyal-sinyal positif, bahwa Solskjaer dan MU bekerja di jalur yang tepat.

"Saya harap dia diberikan waktu. Dia sudah membuat tiga perekrutan bagus, dia sekarang butuh waktu untuk mendatangkan pemain lain yang diyakininya cukup bagus untuk membawa United kembali ke puncak. Kami semua harus mendukungnya dan berharap dia membereskannya," tandas Scholes.
Old 04-12-2019, 08:35 AM   #957
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Paul Scholes claims Ole Gunnar Solskjaer needs 'three or four' transfer windows to turn Man United fortunes around… but warns his ex-team-mate 'you can't be dropping points every game and finishing 10th in the league'

* Manchester United are enduring a season of mid-table mediocrity so far
* They sit ninth in the Premier League - 22 points behind leaders Liverpool
* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side have made their worst top-flight start since 1988-89

Manchester United are in a rebuilding job and manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer needs another two years to restore them back towards the top, according to club legend Paul Scholes.

The Red Devils are enduring a miserable season and are ninth in the Premier League on 18 points - a whopping 22 behind bitter rivals and table-toppers Liverpool.

Pressure on the under-fire Norwegian is mounting as United continue to make their worst start in the top flight since 1988-89. That season they finished 11th.

Paul Scholes feels Ole Gunnar Solskjaer needs time to turn around Manchester United. Scholes thinks the under-pressure boss needs 'three of four transfer windows'. Pressure on Solskjaer is growing with former target Mauricio Pochettino without a club

Out-of-work Mauricio Pochettino has been a managerial target of the Old Trafford hierarchy in the past, but Scholes hopes former team-mate Solskjaer is given time to implement his ideas and sign his desired players.

'They've had three managers now before Ole's come in and they've got to stick with someone, they have to,' he told Sky Sports. 'They have to give him the time, three or four transfer windows I think they need.

'About two or three weeks ago they were playing really well, playing good football and you think "Maybe they're not too far away".

'And then they have a spell again, a couple of injuries, a couple of big injuries and you're thinking again "They need three or four transfer windows".

'Hopefully Ole's the man to get the time and money to spend.'

But while Scholes is supportive of Solskjaer he has warned the 46-year-old that United needs to start delivering results to prove that he is progressing the team.

Scholes has warned Solskjaer though that United can't keep slipping up with them in ninth. The Red Devils dropped more points at the weekend - this time in a 2-2 draw with Aston Villa

'There won't be an acceptance from the fans, Ole, his staff or people at the club,' he continued. 'They know it's not good enough.

'If Ole's going to build he needs to get results along the way. You can't be dropping points every game and finishing 10th in the league. He needs to show progression in his team.'

Solskjaer will be hoping that begins on Wednesday when they host Tottenham and his predecessor Jose Mourinho at Old Trafford before travelling to local rivals Manchester City just four days later.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7750379/Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-needs-three-four-transfer-windows-turn-Manchester-United-around.html
Old 12-04-2020, 09:38 AM   #958
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Scholes bermain di saat United sedang jaya-jayanya di Inggris dan Eropa. Miss that moments...

Cerita Paul Scholes: Pernah Ditelepon, Ditanya Apa Mau ke Inter
Kris Fathoni W - detikSport

Manchester - Paul Scholes identik dengan Manchester United. Tapi pada satu waktu pernah ada yang mendekatinya terkait kemungkinan main di Italia bersama Inter Milan.

Karier Scholes dihabiskan bersama The Red Devils, bahkan pada dua periode berbeda yakni 1993-2011 dan 2012-2013. Pada saat itu pula ia mencatatkan 66 caps bersama timnas Inggris.

Sebagai salah satu pemain terbaik pada eranya, Scholes pun menarik minat klub lain terutama para rival MU di Eropa. Salah satunya Inter Milan.

"Aku tidak pernah tahu soal minat tim lain terhadap diriku," kata Scholes mengawali dalam wawancaranya di BBC.

"Memang pernah ada satu telepon dari seorang agen, agen lamanya Bryan Robson. Ia meneleponku saat kami di Piala Eropa 2000 dan bertanya apa aku minat ke Inter Milan, tapi cuma itu satu-satunya telepon yang pernah aku dapatkan."

"Setelah itu aku tidak mendengar apa-apa lagi dan manajer pun tidak pernah bilang apa-apa kepadaku," tuturnya.

Scholes sendiri mengaku tidak pernah berpikir untuk pindah ke klub lain. Toh ia senantiasa dibutuhkan oleh Setan Merah, yang ketika itu juga rutin jadi penantang gelar juara baik di kancah domestik maupun Eropa.

"Saat itu aku bermain di klub masa kecilku, aku adalah anak Manchester, kami senantiasa meraih banyak trofi," ucap pengoleksi dua titel Liga Champions bersama MU itu.

"Jika saat itu manajer bilang tidak menginginkanku, pastinya aku akan pergi jika ada klub besar luar negeri yang meminatiku, tapi tidak pernah ada perlunya untuk memikirkan Barcelona, Real Madrid, atau AC Milan, karena aku sudah di klub terbesar dunia."

"Kami tidak menjuarai Liga Champions sebanyak yang seharusnya, tapi kami sama bagusnya dengan tim-tim itu, bahkan mungkin lebih baik," kata Scholes.
Old 13-05-2020, 08:14 AM   #959
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Kisah Pemain MU yang Kesal Kena PHP Ronaldinho
Yanu Arifin - detikSport

Manchester - Paul Scholes mengungkap, para pemain Manchester United pernah kesal betul karena Ronaldinho. Apa penyebabnya?

Kepada podcast Savage Social Robbie Savage, Scholes, gelandang Setan Merah pada musim 1993-2013, bercerita soal Ronaldinho yang nyaris merapat ke Old Trafford pada 2003. Ketika itu, pemain Brasil tersebut masih berstatus penggawa Paris Saint-Germain.

Ketika itu, Ronaldinho ingin pindah usai PSG tak lolos ke kompetisi Eropa pada musim selanjutnya. MU menjadi salah satu klub yang mengincarnya, termasuk Arsenal dan Barcelona kala itu.
Ronaldinho pada akhirnya memilih bergabung dengan Barcelona. Scholes mengakui bahwa Ronaldinho menjadi salah satu pemain yang gagal dibawa Sir Alex Ferguson, bahkan yang paling bikin kesal pemain MU.

"Saya ingat Harry Kewell adalah salah satunya," kata Scholes, saat ditanya siapa saja pemain yang gagal dibawa Sir Alex, seperti dilansir Mirror.

"Saya pikir dia menolak kami dan gabung Liverpool, yang tidak terlalu mengganggu kami. Damien Duff juga, dan Arjen Robben. Saya pikir dia sudah hampir datang."

"Tapi saya pikir yang paling menohok adalah Ronaldinho. Saya tidak ingat tahun berapa itu, tetapi saya benar-benar berpikir manajer akan mendapatkannya," kenang Scholes.

Scholes menjelaskan, MU bahkan sudah menyiapkan nomor punggung untuk Ronaldinho. Namun, pemain yang membawa Brasil juara Piala Dunia 2002 itu memilih bergabung dengan Barcelona di menit-menit akhir.

"Kami sedang tur pramusim dan berpikir mereka sudah hampir mengumumkannya dan memberikan nomornya. Tetapi, dia akhirnya berubah pikiran di menit-menit akhir dan dia menandatangani kontrak dengan Barcelona," kata Scholes.

"Aneh sekali, karena dalam tur pramusim kami melawan Barcelona, kami semua jadi terkesan. Ronaldinho, pemain yang luar biasa! Kami pikir dia akan membawa sesuatu yang istimewa, hampir seperti apa yang dibawa (Eric) Cantona ke tim."

"Lalu tiga hari kemudian, kami bermain melawannya di Seattle, semua orang jadi berusaha menendangnya. Kami berusaha mengalahkannya karena dia tidak bergabung untuk kami," kata Scholes.
Old 16-05-2020, 07:23 AM   #960
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Sepakbola Tanpa Tekel? Ini Pendapat Paul Scholes
Lucas Aditya - detikSport

Jakarta - Ada wacana pemain Liga Inggris tak boleh melakukan tekel pada lawan. Eks pemain Manchester United, Paul Scholes, pun memberikan pandangan mengenai hal itu.

Premier League saat ini sedang menggagas 'Project Restart', untuk menggulirkan kembali kompetisi di negeri Ratu Elizabeth. Liga Inggris direncanakan kickoff lagi paling cepat Juni 2020.

BBC mengabarkan ada protokol kesehatan yang dipersiapkan. Salah satunya, aturan untuk tak melakukan tekel yang akan diaplikasikan dalam sesi latihan.

Scholes menegaskan bahwa dimulainya kembali Premier League seharusnya menunggu situasi terkendali lebih dahulu. Di laporan WHO pada 13 Mei, sudah ada 226 ribu orang lebih yang terinfeksi virus Corona di Inggris.

Beberapa orang yang dinyatakan COVID-19 itu merupakan pelaku di Liga Inggris. Mikel Arteta dan Calum Hudson-Odoi merupakan contohnya.

"Rasanya tidak benar, seharusnya situasi aman lebih dulu untuk latihan dan itu seharusnya mempunyai dampak besar -- anda tidak bisa tak melakukan tekel atau menyentuh wajah orang saat bermain sepakbola," kata Scholes di Sky Sport.

"Pedoman dari Pemerintah itu tak boleh ada pertandingan sepakbola sampai Juni, saya kira. Jadi, andai kita akan tetap pada anjuran itu, kita harus mencoba dan sedekat mungkin dengan tanggal yang ditentukan itu (untuk kembali ke latihan)."

"Pemain-pemain bila saat ini lebih fit, mereka seperti mesin. Saya pikir mereka hanya butuh dua pekan latihan penuh untuk bisa kembali ke kondisi terbaik. Semoga, pada 10, 11, atau 12 Juni mereka sudah siap untuk bermain lagi," dia menambahkan.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 213
-bloodflowers-, Aba_MaczUnited, abdu muhammad, Abe7, adesaktiTRK, adittelor, Agoenk Mancunian, Alan Darma, aldysetiabudi, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, aMieBeckz, and1, Andi Istiabudi, andrydjemb4, antoniusbagus, an_setanmerah, Ardiey11, arief rachman, arief_oct, Aso Chrisjefta, asririzky, Ayunda, Azrul Red United, bapetzzz, baradhatu, beckz_on7, bellaclarissa, Bengzimare, bimbim, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, bombom, Brian Agni, bucay deathbat, budhinvpersie, Budigool, Bulma, calvin, CaptainRoo_10, ChrisHerrera, christof_ww, clawrider6, coderbr, CRj, cynta, dannyboy, Deddy Hernandez, dee_vee7, dekepiks, DermawanIsUnitedFans, dery pramudito, der_emperor, dhodoadrian, Dodi Hakim, duaempat, dudut, ebiTh, ecly_watchaa, edoardo, Efri Loebay, endhy_cantona, erin, eyeofday, fadilbedil, fajrinited, farhaanongehhMUFC, FebryNB, febza, ferly_Liemz, fey777, fikrirf, finza_13, FirdaAnnisa, firdhanfdg, FJR7, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, giggs26, Gigih Prakoso, Grace Naibaho, Gustiono, h-ANG, HaHa, Haji Paidin, havidz7, hendiplast, HRHMU86, hzent, iamsetia, ichan., id4y, Ikiw80, illang, ilyasprawibawa, irfan_mancunianred, irfi_1, irhamutd, Irink_7, jifortin, jonajoni, Juni HW, kaikai, kedangsul, King_Cantona, koyo, lacake, LAM ILHAM, Lang25, larukuga, lholob, loveUNITED, Lucky_Cantona007, Mahesa_Jenar, MCR7, MichaelMU, mochies5, moehfar, moiragoatil, MUFC1878, mygalzbiatch, NadaDaniela, NanDerSar, ncut_lgx, NdeGue, novanprihasa, nu_reccayasha, octus, Ogi Sagala, oldark, ollacarla, Oom Panda, OSziXXoztn, penk22_, piko, Pure_red, pweechevalier, Rean, Red Devils 07, Redsbusby, red_devilz, red_girl_mia, revald, rio vander vidic, Riskur, ronald hars, ronysnaja, rooneyglory10, Roronoa Rooney, Ryan Smith, Ryan_lallo, s.h.a.r.a.z, scholesy18, sepatu_ancur, sir_otz, skifferz, smile_boy, SR 7, stamansa, Subagio U. Arra, sw19bear, Syarifeghy, taz_devil_utd, teukurevi5, theater of dream, thiar22, Thomas, tietocinex, TomEnrico, Trezz Kiko, tumpal_oneunited, tyquack, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, uicb-dyz, UNITED1878, united7, unitedlogy, unreal, Uwie_andriana, VaDLi, vanjisung, vankyoet, Vanz Wazza, Van_Munandar, vermint, Victory, vivasoilsolid, wahyou91, wazza_ampuh, Wengge Schmeichel, wira_ozora, Yayat Dg Kulle, yokahadi, YRgoFManpm, Zakaria Jhack, zeavhere, Zee de Wazza, zeifel, zudomiriku, Zulfan, [UI]phy'kamikaze