United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 07-10-2010, 06:28 PM   #1
rondwisan
udah sebelas yaa :)

Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,701 Posts
Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Visit rondwisan's Facebook Visit rondwisan's Twitter
Default Clayton Blackmore

Quote:
Clayton Blackmore

Born: 23 Sep 1964, Neath, Wales
Debut: 16 May 1984 v N'ttm F'rst (A)
Games: 201 (44), Goals: 26
Position: Defence / Midfield
Left: 11 July 1994 (to Middlesbro')
07/10/2010 09:19 - ManUtd.com, Tony Bugby
On the spot: Clayton Blackmore

The Welshman retains a place in the hearts of United fans, perhaps for one reason more than any other. With only minutes left in the 1991 European Cup Winners’ Cup final, he denied Barcelona an equaliser, clearing Michael Laudrup’s effort off the line.

The ex-Wales international rose through the club's junior ranks to make 245 first-team appearances, so his latest post - as a coach to the under-15 Academy side - seems highly appropriate. Blackmore took time out to answer your questions about that, and about his successful playing career...

How do you find coaching kids, and have you plans to manage again? (Nathan Scholes)
I have been back for 12 months and enjoy working with the kids. I was a youngster here and know what the lads go through. I’ve been in charge of Wales schoolboys and under-21s and Bangor City. Maybe I will go back into management, but this suits me now.

Who was the best player at United in your day?
(Nutterfield)
I’ll go for Ryan Giggs, because of what he has achieved and is still doing at the age of 36. I try to judge footballers in terms of not wanting to play against them, and Ryan was always a nightmare to train or play against. He was so elusive and one of the hardest players to mark that I have ever faced.

What was playing for Sir Alex like? (Reinhard21Chris)
You certainly knew where you stood with the boss. If you played well you stayed in the team, but if you weren’t doing it you got the ‘hairdryer’ so it wouldn’t happen again. What a lot of people don’t realise is that off the field he is totally different and like a parent, a big dad, to the players.

Was being versatile a help or hindrance? (Paul Taylor)
It could work both ways. I may not have played so many games had I played in one position, yet on the other side of the coin I didn’t have a regular place. I enjoyed being versatile and the challenges of playing in different positions. I was everywhere except keeper, I think.

You had an explosive shot, but what was your best goal? (TimmyM)
I scored lots for the Reserves which, sadly, weren’t televised back then. I scored a hat-trick against Everton in a junior game and the third was an overhead kick from the edge of the box. I also remember a free-kick against Leeds and one from about 40 yards against Montpellier in the year we won the Cup Winners’ Cup.

What memories do you have of clearing Michael Laudrup’s strike? (Peter67)
I always tried to be one yard ahead of play and was giving cover to keeper Les Sealey, so I was in the right place. It was one of the biggest moments of my career and as vital as any goal.

What was it like when United ended the 26-year wait for the league title? (Rosie Red)
It was an anti-climax as we won it due to Oldham beating Villa. I was at home watching it on TV. We had waited so long, it was a relief to finally have the monkey off our back. I went to Steve Bruce’s to celebrate. We all did!
“Let’s not underestimate the other teams. They are very good teams and there are a lot of games to play before the end of the season. We’re in a good position. But that means nothing if you don’t win the next game.” - Dimitar Berbatov
rondwisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2013, 11:29 PM   #2
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Clayton Blackmore

Threadnya sepi sekali nih padahal sudah ada sejak 3 tahun lalu

Oiya, pas ajang Battle of Red kemarin, Clayton Blackmore tampil cukup baik terutama di babak pertama padahal sudah 49 tahun. Beberapa kali melakukan penyerangan dan sempat menyulitkan pemain belakang Indonesia Red. Sisa-sisa kejayaannya masih ada meski usia dan kondisi fisik tidak bisa berbohong, Hehehe
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2013, 12:30 AM   #3
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Clayton Blackmore

Kiri ke kanan : Lee Sharpe, Clayton Blackmore dan promotor olahraga Mas Mully Munial saat ketiganya bermain golf seminggu lalu sebelum laga Battle of Red dimulai
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 8
aldorioclev23, Andi Istiabudi, Blacklist7, Rean, Trezz Kiko, UNITED1878, vankyoet, zudomiriku