United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 14-02-2020, 08:45 PM   #61
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Fred

CARRICK IMPRESSED BY FRED'S ADAPTATION

First-team coach Michael Carrick believes Fred deserves credit for the way he’s adapted to life at Manchester United.

The Brazilian won January's Player-of-the-Month award after being recognised by fans for his fine recent performances, and he’s also impressed Carrick – who knows a thing or two about playing in central midfield himself.

“I think he’s done great,” the 38-year-old told us at our winter training camp in Marbella.

“It’s not always easy, I think history tells you that. When you look through the pages of this club, when new signings have come in, sometimes it takes a little time to adapt, you know that, and it doesn’t mean they’re not good players or they don’t have real good quality in their play.

“I think it’s just what playing for this club brings and playing in the league. The Premier League is so different to other leagues so, sometimes, it takes time to get used to it, but credit to Fred.”

Fred made 25 appearances in his first season at Old Trafford after his summer move in 2018 from Ukrainian side Shakhtar Donetsk.

He’s already managed to top that during this campaign, and hasn’t missed a minute in the league since the end of September.

Carrick credits Fred’s hard-working attitude and willingness to better himself in training as the primary reasons for his excellent sophomore year with the Reds.

“He’s stuck at it, he’s learnt and he’s been willing to put the work in and try to improve.

“He’s been fantastic for quite some time now and I’m sure there’s more to come, because he’s that kind of boy.

“He wants to keep improving, he wants to keep learning and getting better and there’s plenty more to improve, like any player, so we’ll keep working at it.”

Carrick was speaking to us at the beginning of the winter break, which he says will allow the players to reset themselves ahead of the campaign run-in, with the Reds determined to finish strongly in the Premier Legaue, Emirates FA Cup and Europa League.

“This is when it counts now, the business part of the season when cup runs are coming towards the end of the competitions and you want to be in there challenging,“ he added.

“This is the point I always loved and thrived on as a player, because this is when it really matters.”

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2020, 12:02 AM   #62
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

WHICH WAS FRED'S BEST PERFORMANCE FOR UNITED?

Fred has provided his opinion on his best personal displays for Manchester United as part of an exclusive interview with the official club magazine.

During a lengthy discussion with Inside United, the energetic midfielder was asked if his dynamic performance against Liverpool last month, albeit ultimately in a defeat, was his best since joining the Reds from Shakhtar Donetsk in 2018, particularly given the tough circumstances at Anfield.

January's Player of the Month felt it was one of his finest showings on an individual level but also pointed to a couple of European games in the past as ones where he believes he played at a high level.

So, was the Anfield outing, when many observers reckoned he was the best player on the park despite the 0-2 scoreline, his best yet?

“It's hard for me to say,” he replied. “I've been having some great games here.

“Last season, there were a few big games against PSG, I think I played well against Barcelona too [both during last season's run in the Champions League]. Games like that.

“This season, I've had a better run in the team. I think I've maintained a good standard and even got better with every game.

“I'm really happy to have had a great game [against Liverpool] but, unfortunately, we lost. Personally, it was a good game for me, one of my best here at United.

”I hope I can put in more important performances like this and that they are spoken about as my best games as well.“

Fred discusses his past, present and future in the exclusive interview in this month's Inside United, which is out now.

He also recaps a hectic festive period, when only two players (Chelsea midfielder N'Golo Kante and Southampton's James Ward-Prowse) covered more distance in the Premier League.

www.manutd.com
Old 20-02-2020, 08:48 AM   #63
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

'The team is not doing as well as it could': Fred admits Manchester United are not meeting expectations, but backs 'important' Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to turn things around

* Manchester United are still in the hunt for fourth spot after beating Chelsea
* Fred spoke after the game and admitted the club are not reaching their targets
* However, the Brazilian still backed Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to improve thing

Manchester United midfielder Fred admits his side have not been hitting the heights expected of them this season.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's men are currently sat in seventh place in the Premier League and kept their Champions League qualification hopes alive with victory over Chelsea on Monday night.

That brought United to within three points of fourth spot, but their Brazilian midfielder admits there is still plenty room for improvement.

Fred has admitted Manchester United are not living up to expectations this season

'Being highlighted now is very good, but there is the other side and unfortunately the team is not [doing] as well as it could be,' he told UOL Esporte.

'We wanted to compete for the lead with Liverpool, but we are below Chelsea [and] Tottenham.

'It is part of football and we need to know how to deal with it and raise our heads, because we have a very high-quality team.

'You have to be charged [to deal with pressure] because it is a gigantic team. When things don't work out, it is logical that the fans will talk. And it's up to us to deal with the pressure off the pitch.'

Despite the disappointment on the pitch, Fred insists no fingers should be pointed at boss Solskjaer.

'Solskjaer is our teacher and does a good job' he added.

'The day to day is great and he is very important for the team, as he was as a player in the history of the club.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8020999/Fred-admits-Manchester-United-not-meeting-expectations.html
Old 02-03-2020, 09:18 AM   #64
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

'He's really taken on the challenge': Ole Gunnar Solskjaer praises Fred after Manchester United midfielder's improvement

* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has praised Fred following the midfielder's improvement
* Fred was taken off at half-time away to Everton last season but has bounced back
* Solskjaer feels Luke Shaw will rise to competition provided by Brandon Williams

Fred the red has won praise for transforming his Manchester United career since being taken off at half-time during last season’s 4-0 drubbing at Everton.

It’s a different Fred who returns to the Goodison Park bearpit on Sunday having been one of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s best players this season and scoring twice in Thursday’s Europa League win against Bruges.

The United boss says the £52million Brazilian deserves huge credit for adapting to the demands of English football after his tough start.

‘He’s got used to it,’ expressed Solskjaer. ‘You have to play more one and two touch in the Premier League. You don’t have time for three or four touches or to get your studs on the ball, all those little habits Brazilian players have from a slower type of game.

‘Fred has really taken on the challenge. He had a first tough season but he’s known we believe in him. He is a top human being.

‘He struggled with the language last season but it’s easier for him to communicate with (coach) Martyn Pert coming in with fluent Portuguese.’

United are unbeaten in seven matches - conceding just once in that time.

Besides the defensive cover Fred gives his team-mates from midfield, there have been other notable individual improvements including left-back Luke Shaw who has responded well to the challenge set down by his younger rival Brandon Williams.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has praised Fred after the Manchester United midfielder's improvement

‘I would think he (Shaw) would respond to the competition because you either accept that kid is taking my place or you take up the challenge and improve your own game.

‘Luke is very focussed and concentrated. He’s fitter, he is consistently fit now, he’s fitter, and become a dad. He’s matured a lot and it’s great to see.

‘Luke has had his difficulties and the injury (a broken leg in 2015) was a bad one. Mentally that was difficult but he’s someone you want to see do well. Luke really cares for the kid (Williams) and tries to help him, but he wants to play himself.’

Both could feature if Solskjaer opts for a back-five on Sunday afternoon. Eric Bailly could also continue. United have kept clean sheets in both his appearances this season and he hasn’t been on the losing side for club or country for more than a year.

United will assess Anthony Martial who missed the midweek game after feeling a twinge around his thigh during training on Wednesday.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8060841/Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-praises-Fred-Manchester-United-midfielders-improvement.html
Old 11-03-2020, 08:19 PM   #65
Andi Istiabudi
manager

GRAFT AND CRAFT: FRED'S BRILLIANT SECOND SEASON

With crisis comes opportunity. In a season when United’s midfield ranks have been depleted by injury for long periods, Fred has taken the chance to show his worth in the engine room.

The Brazilian arrived from Shakhtar Donetsk in 2018 as United’s main summer recruit, cited as the man to bring an added level of graft and craft to the Reds’ approach. Ultimately restricted to just 25 appearances – fewer than half of United’s 53 games – Fred has undergone a dramatic reversal in fortunes during his sophomore season, commanding plaudits galore with his all-action displays.

“Unfortunately, last season, my first for United, wasn’t that good… a settling-in period,” reflected the Brazilian. “This season has been excellent, great for me. I’m really happy to have had this consistent run in the team; it’s been really important for me to go on to the pitch and make a contribution. I think I’ve grown and improved.”

That is an understatement. The 26-year-old has been the de facto old head of United’s midfield for long portions of this season, following the departures of Ander Herrera and Marouane Fellaini in the last 12 months, along with the injury-enforced absence of Paul Pogba, Nemanja Matic and Scott McTominay this term.

“I’m very pleased with Fred,” said boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer recently. “He’s a top, top performer. All the supporters can see now why we believe in him. He covers every blade of grass and wins challenges. Of course, he is more confident on the ball. He’s had the confidence of the coaching staff, me and players all the time. This form is down to him. He’s been working really hard and he’s already grabbed the chance with both hands when Paul got injured.”

As Daily Mail journalist Ian Herbert noted after December’s win at Burnley: “Fred demonstrated the importance of not rushing to judgement when new overseas players are signed. The Brazilian brought energy and leadership to United’s midfield, navigating through the confined spaces to link with attack. United’s record away from home this season has not been good but Fred has delivered in unexpected places, also engineering the win at Norwich.”

There were signs last season of the Brazilian’s latent ability in unpredictable settings, when he delivered his best performances in grandiose Champions League encounters with Paris Saint-Germain and Barcelona. This term, even higher levels have been reached in high-stakes Premier League meetings with Tottenham, Manchester City and Liverpool, while excellence in less salubrious settings such as Carrow Road and Turf Moor have shown his ability to deliver on any stage. And with his two strikes in his man-of-the-match performance against Club Brugge in the Europa League, adding goals to his game too.

The reason for his evolution is simple: patience. At a time when Solskjaer’s Reds are a work in progress, Fred is proof of the success stemming from perseverance.

Trading life with Shakhtar for a bigger club in a tougher league, with new language barriers and a baby on the way, plus a managerial change just over the horizon, the Brazilian’s first-season assimilation was never likely to be straightforward.

Now, 20 months on from his arrival, and having already surpassed last term’s appearances total this time around, the statistics bear out the picture of a player clearly on the ascendancy. Better pass completion, more chance creation, more dribbles and completion, more interceptions and more clearances simply spell out a better, more functional player.

Off the field, too, he is more settled. Fred admits: “Diogo [Dalot] and Andreas [Pereira] are the two that help me every day with the language and I have good chats with them, so they’re my best friends at the club,” while he has put his improving English to good use as he explores his new surroundings. “I’m an inquisitive guy,” he continues. “I like to check things out, go to parks, restaurants, travel around by car and check out places I haven’t been to before, and I’ve already discovered many things in Manchester and around the UK that I really like. When I had time I went by car to Wales as it’s nearby, and I also drove to London. I think Manchester is a great city, the UK is a great place and I’m settling in well here and really enjoying myself.”

Those adventures have taken on an added dimension with Fred’s first born son, Benjamin, joining the midfielder and his wife, Monique, just over a year ago. The new perspective on life that accompanies parenthood has had a deep and profound effect on the Reds’ no.17.

“For me, family is everything and it is completely linked to football,” he says. “Through football I’ve been able to help out my family, so it has all come together and it all fits together. Fatherhood is another stage in my life. It’s an important step I’ve taken; a big responsibility, but Benjamin brings me only joy.

“It helps that so many of the lads in the dressing room have had kids. We’re always talking about them among ourselves, discussing what it’s like at home with our families, how all our kids are getting on, and it’s nice for us all to be doing it at the same time.”

Amid the ongoing cultural reboot in United’s changing room, it should come as no surprise that Fred has emerged as one of the more influential figures. Having won three league titles during his time with Shakhtar, he is second only to Pogba – who won four scudettos with Juventus – in terms of the know-how required to win a domestic league. A popular figure off the field, he is also an enjoyable team-mate with whom to share a battle. “It’s great to play next to him,” noted Matic, while Scott McTominay echoed: “Fred is brilliant, we’re getting more and more understanding.”

Fred’s development has come about through patience and persistence, with an eye always on the longer term. That is still the case, and the midfielder has clear goals as he looks forward. Uppermost in his thoughts are two measures of success; the first being a return to international football.

“Every player dreams of representing their country,” says Fred, who arrived at Old Trafford straight after partaking in Brazil’s 2018 World Cup campaign in Russia. “I believe a player’s peak is when they go to a World Cup, called up by their national team. It’s a stand-out moment being selected for one, and it was one of the most important moments in my career.

“Unfortunately, last season I lost my place in the Brazilian national team. I wasn’t playing regularly here and was still in a process of settling in, but this season has been a lot more positive and I’ve had this continued run of games and I hope this carries on. I’ll continue to do my best and, of course, I hope to return to the national team.”

Central to that aim will be Fred’s role in fulfilling his primary target: success at club level. With success in cup competitions still on offer this season, allied to the ongoing push for progress in the Premier League, there remain opportunities to thrive.

“I hope that we can win a trophy in 2020,” he says. “We have had some great games beating some big teams but then our performances have been very disappointing against some of the so-called smaller clubs. We need to keep improving. I’ll continue to do my best to help the team win games and I hope we can win a trophy in 2020.

“We need to set the right objectives. In the League we want to qualify for the Champions League, and get as close as possible to the leader at the top of the table as Manchester United can’t be far from the top of the table. In the cups, we should look to win the Europa League and the FA Cup, something we’re capable of doing. I want to win the trophies, I hope my first trophies for Manchester United come this season. We’re going to do everything possible to win these trophies.”

www.manutd.com
Old 19-03-2020, 07:16 AM   #66
Andi Istiabudi
manager

FANTASTIC FRED CONTINUES TO THRIVE
by Michael Plant

Not even Fred’s most ardent supporters could have predicted just how important he would become to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side this season.

It seems a long time ago that the Brazilian’s every movement and kick of a ball was scrutinised by the press, much of it unfairly so. Oddly, the biggest compliment that Fred can be paid is how little he’s been talked about in the media of late.

After a stop-start first campaign in English football, our no.17 missed the first four matches of the current Premier League term and was introduced off the bench in the following three. Yet, since then, the midfielder has been possibly the most solid and consistent member of the United squad and has missed just 11 minutes of football in the last 22 league games.

In that period, no-one has featured more than Fred, and only Harry Maguire has played more games for the Reds in all competitions this season. The regular run of matches has also helped Fred find a rhythm and routine that his game had previously lacked, while a year’s experience playing in England means he is fully up to speed with the physicality and pace of the Premier League

Fred’s showings in January demonstrated this, as he was given our Player-of-the-Month award, with stand-out performances like in the 4-0 win over Norwich City - in which he made his 50th appearance for the Reds - and in the defeat at Liverpool the following week, where Fred led our attempted second-half fightback.

It was with another trip to Merseyside where Fred, and United, began March. Again, it was a difficult afternoon, one in which the Reds had to recover from a disappointing opening 10 minutes. Yet Fred was instrumental as we dragged our way back into the contest. While it may have been Bruno Fernandes who smashed the ball past Jordan Pickford in the home goal to earn a 1-1 draw, the Portuguese midfielder was only granted so much attacking freedom due to Fred’s defensive discipline.

In the latter periods of that game, it felt like a real backs-to-the-wall job, especially after Scott McTominay was replaced in the 72nd minute. Flanked alongside Nemanja Matic in the engine room, Fred not only helped to shield the back four, but drove the side forward in search of a winning goal.

Four days later, it was a very different story at Pride Park, on an evening when United sealed a spot in the Emirates FA Cup quarter-finals. Of Fred’s four performances this month, that display against Derby County was perhaps the least spectacular, but his calmness and composure on the ball helped the Reds assert our dominance in the clash.

The possession stats told their own story, with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s men enjoying 62 per cent of the ball. Not even the experienced Wayne Rooney could get the better of his counterpart, and our former skipper was booked just before half-time for bringing Fred down.

If the triumph over Derby felt a little routine at times, the following one, against Manchester City, was anything but.

Lesser midfielders would have balked at the prospect of facing Rodri’s physicality, the silkiness of Bernardo Silva and passing range of Ilkay Gundogan, but Fred took it all in his stride and emerged on top of that battle in the centre of the park. The Brazilian’s highlights reel from that afternoon included a skilful nutmeg on Oleksandr Zinchenko, repeated long, driven passes out to the wing and he also should have been awarded a penalty, late in the first half, after being brought down in the area by Nicolas Otamendi.

Our South American star finished the month off with a trip to Austria to take on LASK and achieved a first in his United career: two assists in a single game. The first came courtesy of an inch-perfect ball into Juan Mata, before the Spaniard tucked it home. The pass truly was sublime - the vision, weight and placement were perfect and it seemed to afford Mata an extra few seconds in order to get his shot away. Fred also set up the final goal of the evening when his quick free-kick was laid off for Andreas Pereira to strike from distance.

It wrapped things up nicely for the 27-year-old, in a month in which he again demonstrated his improvement in a red shirt. The defensive discipline against Everton, the ball retention at Pride Park, the offensive movement in the Manchester derby and the range of passing against LASK: Fred’s game continues to develop and grow and it feels he has achieved a degree of consistent excellence that appeared unlikely in his debut season.

Without question, Fred deserves to a be a nominee for the March Player-of-the-Month award and who would bet against him adding another trophy to the one he won in January?

www.manutd.com
Old 26-04-2020, 01:27 PM   #67
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Fred 'Hidup' Gara-gara Michael Carrick
Mohammad Resha Pratama - detikSport

Manchester - Awal karier Fred bersama Manchester United tidak mulus dan nyaris terbuang. Beruntung ada Michael Carrick menyelamatkan Fred dari keterpurukan.

Dibeli mahal dari Shakhtar Donetsk pada musim panas 2018 dengan banderol 52 juta paun, Fred tak langsung nyetel dengan MU. Di musim pertamanya, Fred malah kesulitan beradaptasi meski dilatih Jose Mourinho yang berbahasa ibu sama, Portugis.

Fred cuma membuat satu gol dan satu assist dari 25 penampilan di seluruh kompetisi. Performa buruk itu membuat masa depan Fred sempat dispekulasikan karena dianggap gagal total.

Apalagi kedatangan Ole Gunnar Solskjaer di paruh kedua musim lalu membuat Fred makin tak jelas. Tapi, pelan namun pasti, Fred mulai menjawab keraguan publik musim ini.

Sempat tenggelam karena performa labil MU di awal musim, Fred lantas mulai bersinar. Dia bahkan jadi figur tak tergantikan di lini tengah MU sejak pekan kedelapan.

Fred cuma sekali tidak bermain penuh 90 menit di Premier League dan mengumpulkan 39 laga di seluruh kompetisi dengan torehan dua gol serta empat assist. Kehadiran Bruno Fernandes makin membuat Fred cemerlang.

Tak pelak pujian mulai mengarah kepada Fred atas konsistensi performanya itu. Terkait hal itu, Fred melontarkan pujian kepada Carrick selaku asisten pelatih yang mampu membimbingnya. Pengalaman Carrick sebagai mantan gelandang top Setan Merah sangat berguna untuk Fred.

"Dia sangat membantu saya dalam proses adaptasi serta transisi," ujar Fred kepada Trivela.

"Dia adalah sosok yang begitu diidolakan dan pemain hebat di posisi yang saya sempati sekarang," sambungnya.

"Dia banyak membantu saya sehari-harinya, selalu bicara dengan saya. Setelah latihan, kami selalu melakoni latihan tambahan, terkadang finishing, terkadang passing."

"Carrick itu pintar membaca permainan, menghidupkan laga, dan mustahil mencari orang yang lebih baik untuk bisa membantu saya.:

"Dia adalah sosok penting bagi saya di United dan saya sangat berterima kasih kepadanya," tutup Fred.
Old 28-04-2020, 11:57 AM   #68
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'It's impossible for anyone better to help me': Fred credits Michael Carrick's coaching with igniting his Manchester United career after a poor start following his £52m transfer

* Fred has hailed Michael Carrick as the reason for his upturn in form at United
* The Brazilian has flattered to deceive since arriving for £52million in 2018
* But he has enjoyed his strongest campaign and is an integral part of the midfield
* The 27-year-old credited his rejuvenation to Carrick's calming presence

Fred has credited Michael Carrick for transforming his Manchester United career as the Red Devils midfielder finally shows his £52million worth for OIe Gunnar Solskjaer's side.

The Brazilian joined the Premier League side from Shakhtar Donetsk in 2018 but has failed to deliver on the expectation heaped on him since his arrival.

However, this season Fred has enjoyed his strongest campaign yet at Old Trafford, solidifying his place at the heart of Solskjaer's engine room while scoring twice and contributing four assists for his team-mates.

And Fred has hailed the guidance of former United midfielder Carrick for his upturn in form. The Englishman is part of Solskjaer's backroom set up and is a prominent figure in training.

'He has helped me a lot in this process of adaptation and transition,' Fred told Brazilian outlet Trivela.

'He's a guy who was an idol at the club and was a great player in the same position that I play.

'On a daily basis, he helps me a lot, always talking to me. After training we always do a little work to complement it, sometimes finishing, sometimes passing.

host images online
Manchester United midfielder Fred has credited Michael Carrick for his upturn in form. The Brazilian has enjoyed his strongest campaign at Old Trafford this season under Solskjaer. And the 27-year-old says that Carrick's calming influence has allowed him to flourish

'(Carrick is) a guy who understands the game, who lived it, and it's impossible for there to be anyone better than him to help me.

'He knows about the difficulties, the shortcuts, and he tries to show me everything there is in training and in games.

'He's a guy who has been of huge importance for me at United and I'm very grateful to him.'

Fred will be hoping to steer his side into the Champions League places should the season resume. All Premier League action has been suspended as a result of the spread of the coronavirus.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8256167/Fred-credits-Michael-Carricks-coaching-igniting-Manchester-United-career.html
Old 01-05-2020, 07:34 AM   #69
Andi Istiabudi
manager

FRED CERTAIN HE'LL GET MORE GOALS FROM MIDFIELD

Fred is promising to supply more goals from midfield when football restarts and feels the capture of Bruno Fernandes will help him in this regard.

The Brazilian has grown into his role in the side and was adding more potency going forward, when football was suspended in March. Indeed, he netted twice in the 5-0 win against Club Brugge in the Europa League at the end of February, which tripled his overall tally for the Reds to three.

He also managed a couple of assists in the last game before the pause, the 5-0 victory at LASK.

When we asked if he was looking to score more often, he replied: “I hope so as it's always important to score goals. I've been working on it and, with Bruno's arrival, we've got someone who gives us more freedom, given his quality with the ball at his feet.

“So I hope to attack and score more goals and work hard on my finishing to score more goals in a season. I'm certain that, with Bruno's arrival, more goals will come.”

Fred feels at home in his current position in the side and was thriving under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as the Reds chased trophies at home and abroad.
“My favourite role is where I've been playing,” he explained. “As a second central midfielder, defending solidly but also getting forward and looking to score goals. I think it's important that a central midfielder has good approach play and finishing skills. The way I've been playing is the way I like to play and I feel really good in this position.”

The South American opened his account for United in the home draw with Wolves last season, and that remains a special memory for him.

In fact, he singled it out as the highlight of his stay at Old Trafford, so far.

“There was the game against Brugge this season, where I scored twice,” he said. “Up until then, I'd been playing well but I hadn't been scoring. I think scoring in that game was the crowning achievement of all the hard work I'd been putting in this season.

“However the most special moment of all for me was my first goal for United against Wolverhampton. My wife was pregnant, we hadn't had [our son] Benjamin yet, and I could dedicate the goal to him, I scored and celebrated like this [sucking his thumb].

“So I think that's the most special moment in my United career. There was so much emotion with the fans cheering the goal, I was celebrating together with my team-mates. So, out of all the moments I've had at United, that was the best.“

www.manutd.com
Old 12-06-2020, 06:39 AM   #70
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Fred Kini Jadi Nyawanya Manchester United
Afif Farhan - detikSport

Manchester - Bukan Bruno Fernandes atau Paul Pogba. Bagi Peter Schmeichel, nyawa Manchester United adalah Fred.

Peter Schmeichel merupakan salah satu legenda Manchester United. Kiper asal Denmark itu berseragam Setan Merah dari tahun 1991 sampai 1999, lima trofi Premier League dipersembahkannya.

Peter Schmeichel pun mengomentari permainan Manchester United yang kini dikomandoi oleh mantan rekan setimnya, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. Apalagi di Liga Inggris, MU pelan-pelan bermain bagus dan masih berpeluang finish di posisi empat besar.

"Solskjaer membawa nilai-nilai Manchester United ke dalam timnya. Dia sangat brilian," kata Schmeichel seperti dilansir Mirror.

Peter Schmeichel kemudian menyoroti satu nama, yakni Fred. Gelandang asal Brasil itu disebutnya sebagai nyawa tim.

"Bagi saya, Fred benar-benar berperan untuk Manchester United," katanya.

"Dia diberi kepercayaan dan terus bermain penuh. Semakin banyak dia bermain, maka dia akan menunjukkan kualitas dirinya," lanjut Schmeichel.

Fred dibeli Manchester United dari Shakhtar Donetsk di tahun 2018 seharga 50 juta paun. Sempat terpuruk, Fred pelan-pelan menjadi bagian penting Setan Merah.

Fred diplot sebagai gelandang tengah untuk menjaga keseimbangan. Dia sudah bermain 25 kali di Premier League sejauh musim ini.

"Solskjaer memberi kepercayaan dan Fred membayarnya, saya suka itu," tutupnya.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 15
Andi Istiabudi, bang_zak, der_emperor, dhodoadrian, h-ANG, marsel david, penk22_, Rendi Pardi, rio vander vidic, Riskur, rizkimn11_, tumpal_oneunited, wira_ozora, zudomiriku