United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 05-08-2022, 09:36 AM   #351
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jesse Lingard

'He went for MONEY!': Jamie Carragher blasts Jesse Lingard for signing a one-year, £120,000-a-week deal at Nottingham Forest as Gary Neville says the ex-United star's reputation has 'taken a hit'

* Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville have slammed Jesse Lingard's recent move
* The midfielder signed a lucrative deal with Nottingham Forest this summer
* Lingard was pursued by other teams but opted for the highest paying deal
* The punditry duo suggest that Lingard's reputation has 'taken a hit' this window

Punditry duo Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville have slammed Jesse Lingard's decision to move to Nottingham Forest - and suggest his reputation has 'taken a hit'.

The former Man United midfielder completed a move to the newly-promoted Premier League side last month after snubbing West Ham, who were also interested in his services.

Lingard has since been on the receiving end of a number of criticisms, and the punditry duo did not hold back in their suggestions that he moved to Forest 'for the money'.

Speaking in Part Two of the Overlap Live Fan Debate, Carragher said: 'He [Jesse Lingard] went there [Nottingham Forest] for the money. I love Nottingham Forest, that they are back [in the Premier League].

'If any footballer is picking Nottingham Forest right now, before West Ham and what they've done in the last two or three years, they've obviously gone there for a few quid. And, the fact that he's only signed for a year means that next year on a free or Bosman [ruling].

'There's a good chance Forest could go down, but it puts Jesse Lingard in a good position if he gets eight to ten goals for them. But, if West Ham want you right now, I can't believe he never went to West Ham. It's brilliant for Nottingham Forest.'

The England international, who left Manchester United at the end of his contract, turned his back on West Ham to sign for Forest despite excelling on loan with the Hammers last season. He has penned an £80,000 per week deal basic salary with the rest to be made up in potential bonuses.

Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville slammed Jesse Lingard's recent move at their event. Lingard signed a lucrative deal worth £120,000-a-week with Nottingham Forest this summer

Meanwhile, Neville claimed that: 'It just felt really transactional [Lingard signing for Nottingham Forest].

'Football fans, when it comes down to it, later in the year, if Jesse started to be linked four or five months in with where he's going to go next year – it won't end well.

'Fans don't like transactional stuff like that. They are happy to play the game. They [Nottingham Forest] could have shaped it a different way. Two years [on a contract] and if we go down, a little clause in the contract that says you can leave on a free.'

'Jesse could have been clever. Reputationally, he's taken a hit. He could have signed a two-year deal where he leaves at the end of the season – if they go down – for free.'

Lingard's decision to snub West Ham for Forest means he could be in for a frosty reception from the away fans when makes his home debut on August 14.

Neville continued: 'No one needs to know about that clause and it's just smart. Why expose yourself to the fact it looks cold, ruthless and money hungry? And he's turned down West Ham. This will not be good either publicly with the media, or the fans if after six months he's starting to talk about [moving elsewhere].

'No one ever questions his work ethic, he's always overperformed. He had pressure put on him a few years ago to go, people thought he needed to be Ronaldo or something – and he obviously isn't that type of player.

'I just think in terms of how you portray yourself and are viewed in football – you can make moves sometimes that mean you're portrayed in a way that won't help you in your future life after football. This was one of them that he might look back upon and think 'I wish I hadn't of done that'.

Forest approached Lingard with a lucrative £120,000-per-week deal to help strengthen their squad ahead of their first campaign in the Premier League since 1999.

The Hammers had also been in the transfer race to sign Lingard permanently after his successful loan spell in 2020-21. However, they were reluctant to raise their own offer, which was less than the one made by Forest.

Therefore, Forest won the transfer race to the 29-year-old - who is just one of Steve Cooper's 12 new signings preparing for the return to the top flight.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11081385/He-went-money-Carragher-Neville-blast-Jesse-Lingards-Nottingham-Forest.html
Old 15-08-2022, 09:46 AM   #352
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

West Ham fans throw fake £50 notes at Jesse Lingard after former Hammers loanee opted to join Nottingham Forest on deal worth nearly £200,000-per-week over David Moyes' side

* Jesse Lingard chose to join the newly-promoted Nottingham Forest this summer
* Nottingham Forest beat Lingard's former club 1-0 at the City Ground on Sunday
* West Ham fans went through with the plan to throw fake money at the player

Fake £50 notes aimed at Jesse Lingard adorned the City Ground pitch as West Ham fell to a 1-0 defeat at Nottingham Forest on Sunday afternoon.

Lingard left Manchester United this summer after more than a decade at the club and joined Forest on a lucrative one-year deal - worth nearly £200,000 a week - with West Ham also having vied for his signature.

The former United player enjoyed an enormously successful loan spell at West Ham for the second half of the 2020-21 season, almost playing himself into England's squad for that summer's European Championship.

West Ham supporters were extremely hurt by Lingard's decision not to rejoin them this summer on a permanent basis and as such planned something of a demonstration against him at the City Ground on Sunday afternoon.

Jesse Lingard lined up against West Ham and was taunted by their fans with fake £50 notes. Fake £50 notes adorned the pitch as West Ham fans attempted to shower Lingard in them. It comes as a result of Lingard joining Forest on a one-year deal worth nearly £200,000 a week

Expressing their fury at Lingard for joining Forest, West Ham fans threw fake £50 notes at the player. The demonstration was organised by a fan page called Whucentre.

Back in July, they shared a screenshot from Amazon, detailing exactly how much the 'prop money' costs and wrote the accompanying caption: 'Anyone else going to Forest away… you know what to do'.

Whucentre shared a screenshot detailing exactly how much the 'prop money' costs and wrote the accompanying caption: 'Anyone else going to Forest away… you know what to do'

Lingard is one of 14 players signed by Forest this summer with the club spending over £100m to back manager Steve Cooper in their first season in the Premier League since 1998-99.

The club were able to blow multiple others including West Ham out of the water with their lucrative offer to the 29-year-old.

The former United player has received criticism from pundits as well as West Ham fans for his decision to join the Midlands club.

Jamie Carragher said on the latest Overlap Fan Debate: 'He went there for the money. I love Nottingham Forest, that they are back [in the Premier League], but if any footballer is picking Nottingham Forest right now, before West Ham and what they've done in the last two or three years, they've obviously gone there for a few quid.'

Gary Neville added: 'Jesse could have been clever. Reputationally, he's taken a hit. He could have signed a two-year deal where he leaves at the end of the season, if they go down, for free.'

Lingard, however, has responded to the criticism levelled at his decision claiming that he turned down 'life-changing' offers from abroad to move to Forest.

'I could've gone abroad for a lot more money, life changing money,' he told Soccer AM. 'For me it's nonsense, I don't like to read into a lot of stuff too much, it was my decision.

'The owners were very strong in their approach and went overboard and when I saw that kind of appreciation it's hard to say no. I WhatsApp them and it's like a family.

'They've showed me so much love getting here in the first place and that was one of the most importance factors.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11110629/West-Ham-fans-throw-fake-50-notes-Jesse-Lingard.html
Old 16-12-2022, 08:26 AM   #353
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Jesse Lingard says he feels 'misunderstood at times' and insists 'I love training, I love football' - despite accusations the Forest star is distracted by off-field interests, including his 'JLINGZ' clothing brand and esports team

* Jesse Lingard completed his shock move to Nottingham Forest in the summer
* He has often been criticised for being distracted by his off-the-field antics
* Lingard has his own clothing brand and an esports team - both are called JLINGZ
* He hopes to return to the England squad and wants Southgate to stay in charge

Jesse Lingard has admitted that he feels 'misunderstood at times' and insists that he 'loves training and football' - despite accusations that he is distracted by his off-field interests.

The former Manchester United star - whose comments come on his 30th birthday - has his own clothing brand and he more recently acquired an esports team - both of which are called JLINGZ.

Lingard left his boyhood club Manchester United in the summer having failed to get minutes following his revival on loan at West Ham. It eventually led him to joining Steve Cooper's Forest side in hope of more game time.

Now, Lingard has hopes of igniting his form once more and has not ruled out a desire to return to the England squad - who he hopes will still be managed by Gareth Southgate, despite the Three Lions boss not selecting him at England's last two major tournaments.

Nottingham Forest midfielder Jesse Lingard has admitted that he feels 'misunderstood at times'. The former Man United star has often been accused of being distracted by his off-field interests. Pictured: Lingard wearing his JLINGZ brand

The attacking midfielder was included on Southgate's long-list England squad for Qatar despite his lacklustre start to life at Forest - but he failed to make the final 26.

Despite a tumultuous period, Lingard is eager to add to his 32 England caps ahead of the Euros in 2024 alongside his off-field endeavours.

'Am I misunderstood? Yes, sometimes. But I love training. I love football. I love games. I always want to work hard. That is how you get the best out of me, when I work hard,' Lingard told The Athletic.

'There might be a tackle that lifts the crowd or just a moment that makes the crowd sit up and think, "He is on it today". You need that intensity. I love winning. I could stay on the training ground all day. But the hard work side of things should be pretty normal for any professional, shouldn't it?

'I can be misunderstood at times. But I will just carry on. I will do what I do and not listen to the noise.'

In summer, 2021, Lingard went on to acquire an esports team which he has also called JLINGZ. Lingard has not ruled out a desire to earn a recall to the England team and wants Southgate to stay in charge

Lingard - who joined the Manchester United academy aged seven - will return to Old Trafford as a Forest player for the first time on December 27 when the Premier League returns.

He was one of 21 summer additions at Forest following their promotion and although he has had a slow start, the midfielder bagged his first goal for the club in a Carabao Cup win against Tottenham.

Lingard says he is 'excited' about going back to the Old Trafford but insists he is going there 'wanting to win' despite the obvious emotion of returning.

Recalling his exit from the club, Lingard added that he it was 'hard sitting on the bench' and he knew 'it was my time to move on'.

Lingard believes he is in a 'good space' at the moment despite taking a little while to get settled.

He has of course been watching England's heartbreaking exit out of the World Cup but wants Southgate to remain in charge as the Three Lions boss tosses and turns about his future.

Lingard praised Southgate's man-management and recalled him taking time to get to know the players' families.

He added: 'He has experience and he has a knack of making you better. I would love to see him stay on.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11541291/Jesse-Lingard-admits-misunderstood-times-insists-love-training-love-football.html
Old 19-12-2022, 10:52 AM   #354
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'Winning any silverware would be special': Jesse Lingard vows to repay Nottingham Forest after being shown 'love' by Steve Cooper and Evangelos Marinakis following his move from Man United... as he prepares for a reunion with his boyhood club

* Jesse Lingard has explained the reasons behind his move to Nottingham Forest
* The 30-year-old insists manager Steve Cooper showed him 'love' before joining
* Lingard will return to face Manchester United for the first time on December 27
* And believes his former club United has struggled since Sir Alex Ferguson's exit

Jesse Lingard turned 30 on Thursday and for 22 of those years, his world was Manchester United. He’s a lifelong fan, part of United’s family since joining their youth academy at the age of seven, and someone who believes regular trophies should be normal.

Since he first signed up at Carrington as a primary school kid, United have won seven Premier League titles, the Champions League, the Europa League, two FA Cups, four League Cups, and the Club World Cup.

But they haven’t won any silverware in more than five years now, and their last league title was approaching 10 years ago, in Sir Alex Ferguson’s final season as manager at Old Trafford.

Lingard too has moved on; out of contract last summer he was one of 22 players signed by Nottingham Forest in the summer transfer window alone.

Over the past month, Lingard as a Mail on Sunday columnist has been providing his insight into what it’s like to go deep into a World Cup. He did it with England under Gareth Southgate in 2018.

On Sunday, as resumption of domestic top-flight football nears, and as Lingard faces the prospect of playing against United for the first time ever, he explains why he took the leap to join a newly promoted team, and how United have stuttered in recent years.

‘You always have it on your head that newly promoted teams can go down,’ he says. ‘But I look on the bright side and some stay up, stabilise and become established Premier League teams with new and higher goals.

‘I know about Forest’s history and winning the biggest trophies and I want to do well and help them get back to that.’

He reveals that it was personal interventions by Forest owner Evangelos Marinakis and manager Steve Cooper that persuaded him to moved to the City Ground, ‘because they showed me the love’.

He adds: ‘I’d left United and my future was up in the air. The owner said he’d lay on a plane and fly me to Greece so he could convince me of his vision.

Jesse Lingard has opened up on the reasons behind his move to Nottingham Forest. Lingard has begun to hit form since making his summer move to join Forest as a free agent. Lingard praised Forest Boss Steve Cooper (middle) for showing him love ahead of his move. Lingard revealed Forest owner Evangelos Marinakis played a key role in his move to the club. Now the playmaker is targeting success with newly-promoted side Nottingham Forest. Lingard believes United have struggled to adapt since Sir Alex Ferguson's departure in 2013

'Steve Cooper said he’d come to my house and answer all my questions and talk me through the club’s plans.

‘Those offers in themselves made me feel wanted. In the end, I didn’t need to go to Greece because I met the owner in London instead, and Steve met me too, and their eagerness persuaded me.

‘We all have to accept that a team with 22 new players isn’t going to gel instantly, or even work out the style of play straight away. But the owner assured me he’d spend money and buy players, and we’re getting it together now.’

On Friday night, Forest played their final friendly of the mid-season break, away at Valencia. They won 2-1, with Lingard’s pressing impressive. He also provided the assist for Forest’s opening goal by Taiwo Awoniyi. Emmanuel Dennis also scored.

Lingard has scored in the Carabao Cup this season, as Forest eliminated Tottenham. Forest’s next match, away at Blackburn, is in the same competition on Wednesday. But he has yet to score for Forest in the league, and their next league game is away at Old Trafford.

‘Even if I don’t score or assist in a game, then I’m happy for the other guy in my team who does. I set myself goals each season, I write them down, and I keep them to myself. And no, I’m not telling you what they are this season! But I’m driven to to be successful.’

He says the prospect of playing against United next weekend in a stadium he knows better than any other is ‘exciting’ and ‘an opportunity’. He will always be a United fan but says: ‘I’m a Forest player now, and we’ll be doing everything we can to win, and hope we carry on like we left off.’

'Before the World Cup hiatus, Forest were unbeaten since the end of October, and had secured a league win against Crystal Palace to lift them to 18th, with momentum.

The difference in recent years at Manchester United, Lingard says, is a lack of silverware that the club’s fans take as a given. ‘The success and the trophies aren’t there,’ he says. ‘So many managerial changes can be difficult.

‘Players come in and go out with each new manager at United and that leads to a lack of stability. And that has contributed to not winning trophies, which is harder when Manchester City are now constantly winning trophies.

‘We won trophies pretty consistently for most of my time associated with the club. I won the FA Cup, the League Cup, the Europa League.

‘Sir Alex was such a giant and such a force, it was always going to be difficult to follow that. He provided stability, he had a presence, an aura, control, knowledge, and he really looked after everyone.

‘He knew the name of every player at every level whether that was the under-14s or whatever.

‘I remember when he signed Patrice Evra in 2006, for example, he flew to France personally to meet Patrice and persuade him to join United and tell him what he could achieve. He showed him the love.

‘When I was a teenager he’d tell me that I had the talent and ability to be an important part of United’s first team by 23 or 24, and that’s what happened. He also said back then that I’d have to work hard, but he had faith I’d do that.’

Lingard is relentlessly optimistic about Forest’s prospects this season. ‘We are still in the Carabao Cup and in the FA Cup and while you’re still in a cup you have a chance of winning it.

'That’s just how I see it. Winning any silverware with Forest would be special. It’s what we are hoping to do.’

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11549809/Winning-silverware-special-Jesse-Lingard-vows-repay-Nottingham-Forest.html
Old 28-12-2022, 08:36 PM   #355
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Jesse Lingard is given warm reception from Man United fans as he is subbed off for Nottingham Forest, despite scathing comments over 'false promises and lack of respect' during his time at Old Trafford

* Jesse Lingard was given a warm reception from Man United fans upon his return
* Lingard was subbed off due to an injury but received a big round of applause
* The 30-year-old left United at the end of last season when his contract expired
* The midfielder was frozen out by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and then Ralf Rangnick

Jesse Lingard received a warm reception from the Manchester United fans upon his return to Old Trafford.

Lingard left United in the summer - without an opportunity to say goodbye - following his contract expiring.

The 30-year-old was unhappy with the way he was treated towards the end of his time at the club saying: 'I don't know what the problem was, whether it was politics or whatever.'

Lingard had played for Manchester United from the age of seven until 29 but was not allowed to leave the club in a way he would have liked.

Jesse Lingard received a warm reception from the Manchester United fans on his return

The attacking midfielder missed out on an opportunity to say goodbye to the Old Trafford faithful and as a result was looking forward to this fixture.

The attacking midfielder missed out on an opportunity to say goodbye to the Old Trafford faithful and as a result was looking forward to this fixture.

Lingard was unhappy with his exit from Manchester United and finally got to say goodbye. The 30-year-old was looking forward to have his chance to say his goodbyes to the United fans

During his last season at Old Trafford, Lingard felt he was mismanaged by those in charge of the club.

Lingard admitted: 'I'd rather that someone had told me, 'This is why you're not playing', out of respect for me being there so long, but I never got that.

'It was false promises. I was training hard and I was sharp, I was ready.'

Lingard has started to find his form for his current club Nottingham Forest and will be hoping to continue to kick on in the second-half of the season.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11577579/Jesse-Lingard-given-warm-reception-Man-United-fans-subbed-Nottingham-Forest.html
Old 20-01-2023, 08:23 AM   #356
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'They're so far behind on EVERYTHING!': Jesse Lingard slams the state of Man United - then accuses the club of briefing against him in the press and cancelling a 'done' loan move to Newcastle

* Jesse Lingard gave a brutal assessment of his recent years at Manchester United
* The Nottingham Forest star moved on from United after 23 years in the summer
* Following a loan request, he claims John Murtough asked if he wanted 'days off'
* Lingard slated the lack of control and stability since Sir Alex Ferguson retired

Jesse Lingard has hit out at former club Manchester United, labeling the club as 'behind' other elite Premier League clubs in an explosive interview.

The Nottingham Forest attacker unleashed on the Red Devils, claiming they are stuck in the past and have lacked any control since Sir Alex Ferguson departed.

Lingard told The Diary of a CEO Podcast that United briefed the press against him after a loan deal to Newcastle collapsed last January.

Lingard claimed the deal 'was done' until United's Director of Football John Murtough phoned and said he would be no longer leaving, before asking if his motivation to depart was to have 'days off.'

'I wanted to go on loan in January, because I wasn't playing - again - and Newcastle was on the cards,' Lingard told the podcast. 'The deal was done and everything, but obviously the United squad wasn't big enough.

Jesse Lingard revealed much about his boyhood club in an explosive interview released today

'So, they let a couple of players go out on loan, but when it came to me, John Murtough rang and said "No, you're not going on loan."

'I was like, "Well, he's gone on loan - let me go and enjoy my football as I'm not playing here." He asked "What do you want, days off?" and I said "No, I just want to go and play football."

'So, then they stopped the loan - I was p***ed - and when he said "Did I want days off", so I messaged him and said "I am going to take two days off now, just because you said that."

'Then they put out "Jesse's asked for two days off in the media," I was like "what?" I went on Twitter straight away and put the facts out there.'

Lingard eventually left Manchester United this summer, making a surprise move to promoted Nottingham Forest after 23 years with the club. During his earlier years at Carrington, Ferguson was a figurehead but since his retirement from management, Lingard believes the club fell away.

'There was no control,' Lingard said of his years at the club. 'When Ferguson was there, it was full control. A fortress - everything went through him. Contracts, commercial deals, everything.

The current Nottingham Forest star struggled for minutes during the final year of his contract. He accused United's Football Director, John Murtough, of refusing to let him leave on loan

'Of course, generations change, players grow up and people have a voice. When things are getting said about you that are not true, you are going to voice your opinion.

'It wouldn't have happened back in the day - it would have been squashed there and then with Sir Alex. But now, people have got platforms to voice their own opinion and write what they want.'

Instability in the upper echelons were not the only gripe for the 30-year-old, who believes United, in some respects, cannot compare with their contemporaries.

'They're so behind on everything,' he said. 'You see City's facilities, Tottenham's facilities... people are miles ahead. Even the social side of things.

'I went to them in 2017 about YouTube and doing content - I just wanted them to get up to date with everything and the new things that are happening. You have to be relevant and stay relevant.'

Lingard also cited close friend and former United disappointment, Paul Pogba as an example of just how far the club had fallen.

'There was no control, no structure, people doing what they want - it was like a free-for-all,' he said.

'People staying stuff that had never happened at United, people saying stuff on Twitter, what happened with Paul - he got a lot of scrutiny but the guy is one of the best midfielders in the world.

Lingard spent 23 years at Manchester United before a permanent move to Forest this summer. Unlike sections of the United fanbase, Lingard is unsure who is at fault for the club's struggles. Lingard is widely known for his interests in social media, which he approached the club about

'I've known him since he was like 16 - the kid has got talent, one of the best midfielders in the world and still he can't perform at United. So there's something wrong in some ways if he can't perform. Then during the season he goes to France and see how he plays there. I can't say what it is. I enjoyed my time under Jose there.'

The Warrington local refused to subscribe to the popular narrative that perceived dysfunction at United is down to the Glazer family, and suggested his colleagues were similarly minded.

'We don't know [who's calling the shots],' Lingard revealed. 'And of course now they want to sell the club. We were just behind on a lot of things. Players didn't really take a view.

'You want that modern things, you want the things that are popping off at the time but we don't know who calls the shots on the training ground and that sort of thing. Flash training ground, best facilities, no-one talking in the press about the team.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11652709/Jesse-Lingard-SLAMS-state-Man-United-accuses-briefing-against-press.html
Old 20-01-2023, 08:43 AM   #357
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Jesse Lingard reveals he regularly turned to drink 'to take the pain away' when abuse from Manchester United fans, his mum's battle with depression and poor form became too much to bear

* Jesse Lingard has revealed how he turned to drink to cope with fan abuse
* England footballer hit a low point playing at Man United during 2019-20 season
* He was looking after siblings with his mum Kirsty in hospital with depression
* Lingard admitted he had a 'mental blankness' during matches at that time
* It led to abuse from Man United supporters and left him not wanting to play

Jesse Lingard has revealed how he 'was drinking to try to take the pain away' as his Manchester United career fell apart and he battled mental demons.

The England international footballer has opened up on how the pressure to perform, abuse from fans, and his mother's struggle with depression totally drained his enthusiasm for the game during the 2019-20 season.

'I was drinking before bed, having a nightcap. I look back now and think 'what was I doing that for?' But I needed something to try and take the pain away,' Lingard told The Diary Of A CEO podcast in a candid interview.

'I was trying to forget what was going on. But it makes it 10 times worse.'

England footballer Jesse Lingard opened up about his mental health and drinking problems. In a candid podcast interview, Lingard admitted he was 'drinking to try and take the pain away'

Opening up on how his game and mindset was affected by online abuse, Lingard, who now plays for Nottingham Forest, admitted it became impossible to be his usual self.

'You're getting that much abuse, and I'm already down enough, and I've got to perform,' he said.

'I was still trying to be Jesse, like banter… banter jokes and all that but, of course it's going to affect me.

'I'm already going through things you don't know about… I felt like the world was on my shoulders.'

Lingard, 30, also spoke about his mum Kirsty's struggles with depression - she was admitted to hospital for treatment in 2019 - which left him feeling like games were 'passing him by.'

Lingard stepped in to care for his younger siblings, brother Jasper, then 15, and sister Daisy-Boo, who was 11 while their mum was ill.

'The depression was so bad she couldn't really cope any more and she needed to go away and get help,' he said.

But leaving me with my little sister who was 11 at the time and my little brother who was 15, for me, I was still going through my own things as well.

Lingard also opened up about how he struggled to focus on the pitch as his mother Kirsty (pictured with him) struggled with her own mental health battle

'So I wasn't really the big brother they wanted at the time. They always get the fun, laughy, bubbly Jesse and I was going through my own things, so I was on auto-pilot.

'I just wasn't there, mentally wasn't there. I was on the pitch but I didn't want to be on the pitch, I didn't want to play. I didn't want to quit football, I never would have quit football, but I needed a break.

'I'm going into games just with a mind blankness. I didn't want to be on the pitch, I didn't want to be there, so of course I was playing badly.'

Lingard revealed how things came to a head when he was abused by supporters after United won 3-0 at Derby County in the FA Cup on March 5, 2020.

Lingard said things came to a head when he was abused by fans after a FA Cup win at Derby. Unable to hide his problems any longer, Lingard turned to then-Utd boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

'We won but as soon as I got on the bus it was "Jesse, you're s***, why are you playing for us?" Luke Shaw came down off the bus and backed me,' he recalled.

'I don't know if it was United fans or Derby fans but I'm human, you know what I mean. Of course it's going to affect me. I'm already down enough anyway, going through things you don't know about, and I've got to perform on a weekly basis.

'When you are performing, it's not at 100 per cent so of course there's going to be critics. But to be abused like that tipped it.

'I was like, "I can't be arsed anymore, I need a break. I need to find some motivation, some fire in my belly to get going again because I can't be doing this."

'It was another game next week and I couldn't be arsed, I didn't want to play.

'Just during that time period, everything that was going on with my mum, looking after my little brother and sisters, I felt like I had the world on my shoulders.'

It reached a point where Lingard, despite his best efforts to hide his problems from team-mates in training, had to open up to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who was United's manager at the time.

'At training, I was masking the depression side of things and the anxiety,' he said.

'I was still trying to be Jesse, the banter and jokes, but it comes to the point where you actually need to say something because I felt the world was on my shoulders and had nobody to turn to.

'I thought I could deal with this, I could handle it, but it came to a point when I went to Ole and said "this is what’s going on".

'We kept it close knit but even just to have Ole say, "how is your mum? How is she doing?'

'Just to have those conversations helped, to let people know what I was going through.'

Lingard said he had never read online and social media comments, saying it was 'the worst thing you can do.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11652639/Jesse-Lingard-reveals-turned-drink-Man-United-struggles.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 134
-Ybb3F-, Aba_MaczUnited, abishock, adnan44, aGhaa, ajier307, akbar15, aldysetiabudi, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, Alphin Ambo, aMieBeckz, Andi Istiabudi, AndreasBelitung, ardie febrianto, arnaldo_x1, asririzky, Aziiz_rachman, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, Bulma, chincarito, ChrisHerrera, clsenz, Deddy Hernandez, delongedee, demhyt, derry07cantona, De_Silvia, Dhanny09, dudut, ecly_watchaa, edoardo, eyeofday, fadilbedil, fajrinited, ferly_Liemz, fredrian.seven, giggs26, goodfron, gregoriussunu, Gustar_UIBontang, Gustiono, h-ANG, Haji Paidin, Hand_rooney, hariyant, hendiplast, HenryRooney07, herzgiggsy, hombreng, iamsetia, iam_adjie, id4y, ilz, il_capitano, indi30, irfan_mancunianred, irfan_thered, irhamutd, jarpop, jifortin, jojo poenya, jonajoni, Juni HW, junpriadi, Kurniawan Ani, Lang25, larukuga, Lucky_Cantona007, lutviarfiansyah, Mahesa_Jenar, marviel, Merahponod90, MichaelMU, MUFC1878, mygalzbiatch, ncut_lgx, NdeGue, Nemanje, NGqeEKznfi, normansyahrizal, octus, oldark, OSziXXoztn, paiman, panda777, penk22_, ravenscold, Rean, Red Devils 07, Red Stain, Redsbusby, revald, rio vander vidic, Riskur, Rizana, robby7beckham, ronald hars, Roronoa Rooney, RyanRezha, sepatu_ancur, serdadu merah, SR 7, stamansa, tapanoeliunited, tasho, Trezz Kiko, tri_roban, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, UNITED1878, united7, unitedlogy, UnitedNgawi, unreal, utdMaleoLuwuk, VaDLi, Van_Munandar, veibevriska, Victory, wahyou91, wazza ui, whoami, wira_ozora, Yayat Dg Kulle, zudomiriku