United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 01-07-2019, 04:19 PM   #31
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aaron Wan-Bissaka

Old 15-07-2019, 09:49 AM   #32
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

'He just told me to play without fear': Aaron Wan-Bissaka reveals advice from former Crystal Palace team-mate Wilfried Zaha over £50m move to Manchester United

* Aaron Wan-Bissaka signed for Manchester United in a deal worth £50million
* He spoke to former Crystal Palace team-mate Wilfried Zaha about the move
* Zaha was a flop at Old Trafford after signing from Palace for £15m in 2013

Aaron Wan-Bissaka has taken advice from former Crystal Palace team-mate Wilfried Zaha over his £50million move to Manchester United.

Zaha was a flop at Old Trafford after signing from Palace for £15m in 2013, making just four Premier League appearances before returning to his old club.

After Wan-Bissaka made his debut in a 2-0 win over Perth Glory at the Optus Stadium, the England Under-21 defender revealed that he has spoken to Zaha about adjusting to life at United.

'When he knew that I joined, he just told me to play without fear,' said Wan-Bissaka, who was one of 11 half-time substitutions made by manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in Perth.

'I have come here as a new signing and he said, "Just play your game and do what you did last season".

'He was happy for me. He said I deserved it and I should continue working hard and doing what I do.

'I try not to focus on that (the pressure). For me, it is just developing as a player and my ability to help the team going forward.

'I expected it when I came here - it's a big club. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Crystal Palace so the attention will always be there. I just need to play my game and block it out.

Aaron Wan-Bissaka made his Manchester United debut on Saturday after £50million move. Wan-Bissaka took advice from former Crystal Palace team-mate Wilfried Zaha over the move. Wan-Bissaka says Zaha told him to play without fear with the Red Devils

'It's always good to get that first game (out of the way), that is what I was looking forward to.'

Wan-Bissaka admitted that he felt more nervous performing a rap by Meek Mill in front of his new teammates at a Perth restaurant last week as part of an initiation.

'I'll stick to what I know, and that's football,' he added. 'I've settled in well, and the boys have been great. I was surprised, literally when I walked in everyone has been talking to me and encouraging me with advice. That has helped me a lot.'

In what was a relatively straightforward debut for United, the 21-year-old demonstrated why he has earned the nickname 'Spider' as he won all five tackles he made against the Glory.

'I don't think I learnt it, it's just the range of the legs,' he added. 'I realised when I was 18 I just had the length in the legs, so I use it to my advantage.

'You have got to time it well to make the tackles, but that comes down to concentration. You can't afford to gamble with it, you have to time it well. After every tackle it gives me confidence.'

Former United defender Denis Irwin admits Wan-Bissaka is under more pressure now but shouldn't be burdened by the transfer fee that makes him the sixth most expensive defender of all time.

'You have got to ignore the fee,' said Irwin, who is on United's pre-season tour of Australia, Singapore and China in his role as a club ambassador.

'I think £50m for a full-back is going to become the norm. And he has had a great 15 months at Palace so we are really looking forward to seeing him, we really are.

'There is a lot more pressure on him now, but hopefully he will be able to handle that. We needed a bit of pace and youth in the team. He and Dan James seem quite humble. I have noticed that in and around training and they seem quiet, there is nothing wrong with that.

'They will keep their heads down and work hard because they have a big opportunity to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world, and they have got to love that.'

James, 21, also made his first appearance for United since signing from Swansea City for £15m this summer and impressed in the first half against an under-strength Perth side that had two 15-year-olds on the pitch at full-time.

'Walking out there, with the amount of fans that have come from everywhere is surreal really,' said James, who sang Follow Me by Uncle Kracker as part of his initiation last week.

'Walking out at Old Trafford is the big one. That's when it will probably sink in.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7247149/Aaron-Wan-Bissaka-reveals-advice-Wilfried-Zaha-50m-Manchester-United.html
Old 10-08-2019, 06:33 AM   #33
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

WAN-BISSAKA POPULAR WITH FANTASY FOLLOWERS

It's that time of year when fans are busy finalising their Fantasy Premier League teams in advance of the big kick-off.

The popular game has almost four million users and is based on the real-life performances by the players in the top flight over the course of the campaign.

Although some strategic fantasy experts may have been a little reluctant to opt for Manchester United representatives from day one, considering the Reds' tough start to the season, one member of our side is very high on the list of the most selected players.

Aaron Wan-Bissaka is yet to play a competitive fixture for the club, but he has been selected in 36.2 per cent of the teams picked by fans for the new term's game.

The summer signing from Crystal Palace is as high as third on the overall list, only behind Liverpool pair Virgil van Dijk and Mohamed Salah.

After being one of the top-scoring defenders in 2018/19, it's anticipated that the right-back will again be a consistent performer for his new club.

Another of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's recruits, Harry Maguire, is in second place, with his popularity rising in the wake of his move from Leicester City being confirmed this week.

Marcus Rashford is the next most popular Red, having been overtaken by Maguire on Friday, as he has looked sharp in pre-season and will be hoping to hit the ground running against Chelsea, a team he has scored against in the past, on Sunday at Old Trafford.

Young striker Mason Greenwood, who only has one Premier League start under his belt so far, and keeper David De Gea have also proved very popular with those taking part in the fantasy leagues.

MOST POPULAR FANTASY PREMIER LEAGUE PICKS

1. Aaron Wan-Bissaka - 36.2% of teams

2. Harry Maguire - 17.3% of teams

3. Marcus Rashford - 17.2% of teams

4. Mason Greenwood - 16.5% of teams

5. David De Gea - 11.3% of teams

Stats correct at the time of writing and will change.

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2019, 06:33 AM   #34
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

EXCLUSIVE: WHAT GIVES WAN-BISSAKA CONFIDENCE

Aaron Wan-Bissaka has outlined just how much he loves the art of tackling after adapting quickly to life at Manchester United.

The right-back has promised to show no fear in the red shirt and, after an accomplished debut against Chelsea in the Premier League opener, he was voted our Man of the Match in the 1-1 draw at Wolves on Monday.

Ahead of the match with his former club Crystal Palace on Saturday, the England Under-21 international spoke exclusively to United Review, the official matchday programme, to discuss the early part of his Old Trafford career.

“I just like to play my game, play without fear, do what I’m capable of doing,” he said.

“Was I nervous before my debut? Nah. Me, I block it out. I know what nerves can do. Nerves keep you quiet. I’m just waiting for the game to start. I’m in the changing room, just waiting, thinking: ‘Can this game hurry up and start?’

“The longer it takes, that’s when the nerves could come in, so I just want to get the waiting over and done with. I just want to get into the game, get the ball as much as possible. That stops the nerves.

“Then I like to get the tackles in, because I get a lot of confidence from tackles. The fans help as well, cheering them, so, after that, I want to get into the next one, then the next one. That helps.”

The defender's tackling ability has been a real feature of his play, and has quickly endeared him to the United faithful.

It seems incomprehensible that he was a winger in his Academy days at Palace as he appears to be such a natural when it comes to stopping opponents in their tracks.

“I love tackles, man,” he explained. “I want to come out with the most tackles from each game; that’s my aim.

“I’m not really happy when I come out of a game without many tackles. At the same time, when I look back at it, it doesn’t mean anything negative, necessarily – it might mean that the winger’s not confident to keep on coming at me, for me to have the chance to tackle him.

“Wingers hate it. When I was a winger, I hated being tackled! When I attempted to beat a player and he slide-tackled me, I’d just think: ‘I don’t want to go down there again,’ and change the route, change my play, you know?”

Wan-Bissaka has settled swiftly at his club and will look to build on the excellent start, with the Eagles up next this weekend. Although shy when being interviewed in front of the cameras, he has bonded well with his colleagues and enjoyed the team outing in to town for a meal recently.

“I’ve settled down now,” he said. “A couple of weeks back, I found a house to move in to. I just haven’t been out much! We had a team bonding night, which was great. I’m not usually the type to interact, but that was definitely needed on my part.

“It was great to see a bit more of people away from football. I’m new to Manchester, but it’s a nice area and I’ve settled now.

“I’ve made sure I kept my shirt from the Chelsea game, so that’ll be getting framed and going up on the wall at home.”

www.manutd.com
Old 24-08-2019, 06:41 AM   #35
Andi Istiabudi
manager

UNITED'S WAN-BISSAKA TOP OF THE TACKLING TABLE

Aaron Wan-Bissaka is already a big hit among Manchester United supporters, following a couple of all-action performances in the Reds’ two Premier League matches so far this season.

The right-back joined the club from Crystal Palace in the summer and made an impressive debut in the 4-0 win over Chelsea earlier this month. He was nominated for our Man of the Match award that day and finished second in the poll, just three per cent shy of the winner, two-goal Marcus Rashford.

Wan-Bissaka enjoyed another excellent match in his second appearance for the club, during the 1-1 draw against Wolverhampton Wanderers on Monday night. He won the Man of the Match prize on that occasion, after earning 48 per cent of votes that were cast by users of our Official App.

The 21-year-old’s outstanding tackling ability is evidently one of the reasons behind his early popularity among United fans, who have loudly cheered his perfectly timed challenges so far.

Wan-Bissaka has executed 15 successful tackles throughout his two Reds appearances to date and that is currently more than any other Premier League player in 2019/20.

Leicester City's Ricardo Pereira and Burnley's Erik Pieters are next on the Premier League’s tackling list with 13 each, followed by the Foxes' Wilfred Ndidi on 11 and Bournemouth's Philip Billing on eight.

Wan-Bissaka has made 173 tackles in 44 Premier League appearances for both Crystal Palace and United during his fledgling senior career.

That gives him a remarkable success-rate of 69 per cent.

During an interview to preview Saturday’s match against his former club, which will appear within the pages of United Review, Aaron happily admits that tackling is a massive part of his game.

“I love tackles, man,” he says in Saturday's edition of United Review. “I want to come out with the most tackles from each game; that’s my aim. I’m not really happy when I come out of a game without many tackles.

“At the same time, when I look back at it, it doesn’t mean anything negative, necessarily – it might mean the winger’s not confident to keep on coming at me, for me to have the chance to tackle him.”

www.manutd.com
Old 27-08-2019, 04:57 PM   #36
Andi Istiabudi
manager

WAN-BISSAKA: HOW I SETTLED DOWN IN MANCHESTER

Summer acquisition Aaron Wan-Bissaka has opened up about his first few months in a new city and at a new club, in an exclusive interview with United Review.

The full-back, who signed from Crystal Palace in late June, has made an assured start to life at Manchester United, excelling in his very first competitive performance during the 4-0 win against Chelsea and then winning the Man-of-the-Match award in his second outing away at Wolves.

But how does the young Londoner reflect on his first few months up north? And how is he getting on away from the pitch, in his new home city?

The 21-year-old revealed all in the latest edition of United Review...

TOUR MEMORIES

“I was told what would happen, but I didn't know it was going to be that big. As soon as we landed, the fans were waiting for us, waiting overnight... amazing! Plus, I got a lot of minutes on the clock. I think I needed it to get to know the team and bond with them.

“Coming into this team as a new signing, you're not nervous but you think: 'Am I going to settle in quick?' But they were all good to me from the start, which made it so much easier.”

WORDS OF WISDOM

“The older players help me a lot. Paul Pogba has advised me a lot. That first game in Perth, he was telling me the same thing everyone has: you're here for a reason, play your game, play without fear, get up and down - that's what I put into my head.”

TRAINING CHALLENGES

“I'm up against Anthony [Martial] a lot. It's tough, but you take the positives. It helps both of us. Playing against someone with quick feet like him, you can't not learn. Our attackers have all got a lot of pace, so you just have to be concentrated and focused for their next move all the time.”

LIFE IN MANCHESTER

“I've settled down now. A couple of weeks back I found a house to move in to. I just haven't been out much! We had a team bonding night, which was great. I'm not usually the type to interact, but that was definitely needed on my part. It was great to see a bit more of people away from football.

“I'm new to Manchester, but it's a nice area and I've settled now. I've made sure I kept my shirt from the Chelsea game, so that'll be getting framed and going up on the wall at home.”

www.manutd.com
Old 05-09-2019, 11:36 PM   #37
Andi Istiabudi
manager

WHY CLUB LEGEND IRWIN IS A BIG FAN OF WAN-BISSAKA

Club legend Denis Irwin admits he has been surprised by just how impressive summer signing Aaron Wan-Bissaka has been since joining Manchester United.

The no.29 moved to the Reds from Crystal Palace during the off-season and has since fitted in well at right-back.

Aaron has started all four Premier League games so far this campaign and his superb form even earned him a call-up to Gareth Southgate’s England squad last week, although the young defender has subsequently been forced to withdraw due to a back issue.

Wan-Bissaka is also one of three nominees for United's August Player of the Month award, alongside Harry Maguire and Daniel James. The winner of that prize will be named at 10:00 BST on Friday.

One of our greatest ever full-backs, Irwin believes that Wan-Bissaka’s sensational start is even more impressive when you consider he spent most of his youth career playing as a winger.

The Irishman thinks Aaron’s natural defensive instincts means he never looks out of place as part of a back four.

“I saw him play for Palace quite a bit last year, and he only played for the Palace first team for 15 months,” Denis told us, during an event for club sponsors Remington on Wednesday.

“He spent [his younger] years as a right winger, so what surprises me is how good he is defensively. Not just the tackling, because we saw that last year and in the first four games of this season, but the positions he takes up are very good.

“You always worry about a winger when they transform into a full-back, it can take them a while to get used to that. He seems really good at that. Obviously he’s a young lad and has a lot to learn yet, but he’s been a real plus.

“Last year we conceded 54 goals in 38 games. That’s not really Manchester United, we’ve always been good defensively. We need to strengthen, which we have done, and we need to keep more clean sheets,” he added.

The right-back is not the only new recruit who has impressed Denis in the early parts of the season, so too, has winger Daniel James.

“He’s a player that can play on both wings and can cut in on his left and right,” said Denis. “I think we’ve seen that already.

“He’s not afraid to run at players with his pace and you always want players like that to chip in with goals, but to score three in four is a really great start for him. Some of the balls he puts in, particular in the latter stages against Southampton last Saturday, were a joy to watch. He’s been brilliant.”

www.manutd.com
Old 23-09-2019, 04:58 AM   #38
steve.crowford
-

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
steve.crowford has no contributions yet

5 tackles from Aaron Wan Bissaka vs West Ham FC https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lM1moqIGjg

Last edited by steve.crowford; 23-09-2019 at 04:22 PM..
steve.crowford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:12 AM   #39
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'I don't worry about him not getting picked': Aaron Wan-Bissaka's absence from England squad could come as a boost, claims Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

* Gareth Southgate has not selected Aaron Wan-Bissaka for upcoming games
* The Manchester United right-back has still not made senior international debut
* But Ole Gunnar Solskjaer believes there could be positives to being left out

Aaron Wan-Bissaka's exclusion from Gareth Southgate's England squad could be a blessing in disguise for the young £50million defender, according to his Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Wan-Bissaka, 21, is yet to make his international debut having pulled out of his first squad in September through injury. On Thursday, Southgate selected Trent Alexander-Arnold, Kieran Trippier and Joe Gomez as his options at right-back.

'I think Aaron is going to get his time in the national team soon enough. I don't worry about him not being picked,' said Solskjaer.

Aaron Wan-Bissaka has been left out of England's squad for the upcoming international. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer believes his absence from the squad could be a blessing in disguise

'He is coping really well with the move he made from Crystal Palace in the summer. It wasn't that long ago he was in the Palace reserves, now he is taking this club by storm because we all rate him highly as a person and as a player.

'I remember not being picked by Norway for the first time when there were lots of rumours I might be in. It was, "Thanks" (relief) because I was just getting used to the Norwegian league.'

Wan-Bissaka became the most expensive full-back in United's history last summer and has been one of the most impressive players in a mixed season at Old Trafford.

He is set to face Brighton on Sunday and Solskjaer can see the advantage in him not joining up with his country for Euro 2020 qualifiers afterwards.

'He's not a flash guy. He likes to get on with things (at United) and I am sure he will be get his chance with England later on. He has been fantastic.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7668741/Man-Utd-star-Aaron-Wan-Bissakas-absence-England-squad-boost-Solskjaer.html
Old 12-12-2019, 10:58 AM   #40
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'No player has managed to pass him in training': Darren Fletcher reveals Manchester United stars have been in awe of Aaron Wan-Bissaka

* Aaron Wan-Bissaka has been a hit for Manchester United since joining
* He cost £50million from Crystal Palace and defensively looks rock solid
* Team-mates have been incredibly impressed by the right-back in training

Manchester United's players have revealed that Aaron Wan-Bissaka has been like a brick wall in training this season.

Darren Fletcher, the former United midfielder, explained that a number of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's stars told him about the right-back's capabilities at Carrington.

'I was talking to some Manchester United players, and they were saying that no player has managed to pass Wan-Bissaka in training this season,' Fletcher told Norway's TV2.

'It's as if he refuses to let them pass. He has to get better technically, but he is a fantastic full-back.

Aaron Wan-Bissaka has been superb in defence for Manchester United so far this season. No United player has managed to get past the right-back in training, revealed Darren Fletcher

'When he gets better technically, he's going to take his game to a new level.

'He is a fantastic defensive player and contributor for Manchester United.'

Opposition wingers have found it hard work to find a way past Wan-Bissaka this term, but as Fletcher mentions, there have been question marks over his contribution in attack.

The former Crystal Palace man averages 4.4 tackles per game, which is the second highest in the Premier League but is yet to register an assist.

In the recent 2-1 victory over Manchester City in the derby, Wan-Bissaka picked up the man-of-the-match award and Solskjaer was delighted with the display.

He said: 'Aaron is playing against…it's [Raheem] Sterling out there, it's [Riyad] Mahrez out there, it's [Kevin] De Bruyne out there. And they just don't go past him.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7781365/Darren-Fletcher-reveals-Manchester-United-stars-awe-Aaron-Wan-Bissaka-training.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 11
Andi Istiabudi, B4YU, bang_zak, h-ANG, iamsetia, penk22_, rio vander vidic, Riskur, steve.crowford, tumpal_oneunited, zudomiriku