United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > OUTSIDE UNITED > General Football

Old 11-03-2011, 01:03 PM   #21
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Scientist Believes Footballers Are Math Wizards

Why a top boffin says Messi really IS a football genius

Footballers may be good at fractions - they all know it’s a game of two halves - but now it’s being claimed they’re geniuses.

A sports scientist reckons superstars such as Lionel Messi and Wayne Rooney naturally excel at maths and science, and develop an intuitive understanding of geometry which allows them to perfect the beautiful game.

Dr Ken Bray, from the University of Bath, analysed hours of footage to back up his theory that mathematics and scientific principles are essential to reaching the heights of world football.

“Football is an art, but it’s also a science and every footballer uses geometry, aerodynamics and probability to perform at their peak," he said.

“An understanding of scientific and mathematical principles could be worth its weight in gold if you want a career in football.”

Burnley defender Clark Carlisle, dubbed Britain’s brainiest footballer after appearances on TV shows Countdown and Question Time, isn’t at all surprised by the findings.

Carlisle, who achieved an A-level in maths, said: “From the forward to the keeper, we rely on scientific and mathematical principles to improve our performance, whether it’s a case of striking the ball cleanly, working out the angle of a slide rule pass or positioning the wall to defend a free-kick.”

Former Everton and Chelsea forward Pat Nevin has an arts degree from Glasgow Caledonian University and well-known for his interest in music, literature and the arts.

“At school some of the other pupils would call me ‘Cabbage’ and think I was thick just because I played a lot of football - even though I was getting better marks at them in tests," said the 47-year-old, now a commentator for Channel 5 on their Europa League coverage.

“The general idea was that footballers weren’t the brightest, but I remember one teacher said to me, ‘Every single footballer I have ever taught have been some of my best pupils.’

“Just because the majority haven’t experienced tertiary education doesn’t make them thick. A lot of the sharpest people I have met in football during my career haven’t a GCSE or A-Level to their name.

“They tend to have more of a street intelligence, but it certainly doesn’t make them any less bright.

“People like Brian McClair (former Manchester United and Glasgow Celtic forward) and myself might be considered exceptions because we went to university, but I have never considered myself as any smarter than anybody else I’ve ever played with.

“If you have played the game for a long time, you tend to develop an innate understanding of geometry and spatial awareness - even if you don’t realise it.

“An example of someone who everyone used to assume was thick was Martin Keown - but look at him now, he’s a respected analyst of the game.

“When we were at Everton together, some of the other lads would wind him up by saying he was a bit thick - but when you hear him now, you know that was absolute garbage.

“Some people have intellectual capabilities in certain areas, and footballers are no different. There are people who have gone to Cambridge or Oxford, but they have no social intelligence.

“In contrast, footballers might not have the qualifications - but they are definitely an intelligent bunch.”

Dr Bray analysed free-kicks, penalties and goalkeeping techniques to prove his theory that intelligence played a valuable role on the field.

When a player such as David Beckham or Roberto Carlos steps up to hit a free-kick, they don’t just mindlessly aim to hit the back of the net - they also calculate narrow angles and aerodynamics.

“It takes extraordinary skill to beat a defensive wall with a swerving kick," said Dr Bray. "The striker must ensure the ball passes through very narrow limits as it crosses the defensive wall to hit the target.

“For a 25-yard free-kick, the ball needs to be struck with an elevation of 16 degrees and for right-footed players, hit slightly to the right so the swerve will bring it back on target as the ball speeds towards the net.

“The initial ball speed should be 60mph-70 mph and it must be spun at about 600 revolutions per minute if the ball is to move in flight.”

FORWARD THINKERS:

FRANK LAMPARD has an IQ of more than 150 and 12 GCSEs – including an A in Latin.

BRIAN McCLAIR Ex-Manchester United and Scotland striker gained a maths degree at Glasgow University.

IAIN DOWIE Former Crystal Palace player and manager has a Master’s degree in engineering from the University of Hertfordshire.

STEVE COPPELL The former Reading manager gained a degree in economics from Liverpool University while playing for Manchester United.

THROWBACKS:

JERMAINE PENNANT Stoke winger forgot he owned a Porsche, leaving it at a railway station for five months while playing in Spain.

STEPHEN IRELAND Pulled out of Irish international squad claiming his granny had died. When it was revealed she hadn’t, he said it was his other granny... except she was still alive too.

ASHLEY COLE Chelsea star shot a work-placement student at training recently, claiming he did not know the .22 air rifle was loaded.

CHARLES N’ZOGBIA The Wigan winger was cautioned by police last year after being caught getting someone else to sit his theory driving test.

BUT OUR ROBBIE'S NOT CONVINCED...

So footballers are intelligent . . . I don’t think (so), says Mirror columnist Robbie Savage :

I got my maths’ O level, but even the homework my seven-year-old, Charlie, brings home baffles me these days. I know about my 346 Premier League games and 150 bookings, but the only numbers most modern-day footballers know about are the ones on their monthly pay packet.”

But then, I used to think the theory of relativity was something do with your mum and dad. If you asked me to find a hypotenuse I’d book a safari. I get my roots done regularly, but there’s nothing square about them.

And the degrees I’m most familiar with are Laurie Cunningham, Cyrille Regis and Brendan Batson – West Brom’s Three Degrees in their 1970s glory days.

Mind you, that still makes me the equivalent of Professor Stephen Hawking in our house, where my wife Sarah once asked me how much money she’d make for the kids’ school fund if she sold 300 raffle tickets at a quid each!

I suppose we do think about slide-rule passes and the kind of triangles Barcelona played in against Arsenal the other night. But I couldn’t tell you if they were acute or obtuse.

That’s because football is all about hard work, instinct and skill (or, in my case, 66.6% of those qualities) rather than working out complicated formulas in your head.

The only time I’ve heard of a footballer using fractions is the famous story about Jason McAteer going to Pizza Hut.

The waitress asked him if he’d like his deep-pan cut into eighths and he replied: “I’m not that hungry, cut it into quarters.”

Although, to think of it, I did also once hear Peter Beagrie complain about “warring fractions in the Manchester City dressing room.”

It’s bizarre that Dr Bray thinks Cristiano Ronaldo was calculating the revolutions per minute of the ball every time he stepped up to take a free-kick for Manchester United.

I can guarantee the only RPM rate going on his mind was the one on his Ferrari’s dashboard as he rushed to get to the tanning salon before closing time.

Code:
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b8t61
Old 14-03-2011, 09:17 PM   #22
VaDLi
first team
fb.com/vadli | twitter @vadli

Thanked 1,733 Times in 898 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
VaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant future

Visit VaDLi's Facebook Visit VaDLi's Twitter Visit VaDLi's YouTube
Default Re: Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA)

Football justice has to be just for all

Manchester United Youth team captain Paul Pogba stepped up to take a penalty during the FA Youth Cup quarter final against Liverpool at Anfield. The spot kick was successfully converted but referee David Coote judged him to have feinted during his run up. The giant midfielder received a yellow card in accordance with ‘Fifa rules’ and being his second one of the game, was sent off despite furious protests. Now cast your mind back to the Jamie Carragher vicious tackle on Nani at the same ground seven days earlier.

Can someone please explain how an illegal run up take a penalty kick can equate to the same consequence as that of an assault on a player? According to those ‘Fifa rules’ both carry the punishment of a yellow card which is not only laughable but totally unjust.

Both of those decisions happened to go against United but that’s totally beside the point because the same ridiculous rules apply to every club. A few days earlier Arsenal’s Robin van Persie was yellow carded for taking a shot at goal a few seconds after the flag went up for offside in a huge Champions League cup tie in Barcelona. Being his second yellow, he was also dismissed leaving manager Arsene Wenger understandably enraged.

How do these ridiculous ‘Fifa rules’ come about, is justice not considered when they’re being framed? The United youngsters staged a remarkable fightback to prevail 3-2 after trailing by two goals early in the second period but that has nothing to do with the argument.

The ‘gentlemen’ of Fifa need to have another look at their rules when a player who can endanger another’s whole career is handed precisely the same punishment as one who makes an attempt on goal seconds after he’s ruled offside. Justice in football must become just.

Old 16-03-2011, 01:04 PM   #23
f3bry
first team
cidera bahu bagian bawah :(

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
f3bry is just really nicef3bry is just really nicef3bry is just really nicef3bry is just really nice

Visit f3bry's Facebook

ternyata nurdin halid meniru yg satu ini----> dilansir the guardian Sepp blater mengeluarkan statement "bahwa besaran gaji yg diterima sepp dan jajaran exco(komite eksekutif) merupakan privasi yg tidak perlu dibeberkan ke publik berapa besarannya". Statement ini muncul saat sepp ditanyai brp sebenarnya gaji seorang presiden FIFA oleh para wartawan...

-lanjut-
f3bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2011, 01:13 PM   #24
f3bry
first team

f3bry is just really nicef3bry is just really nicef3bry is just really nicef3bry is just really nice

Visit f3bry's Facebook

banyaknya pertanyaan wartawan tentang gaji presiden FIFA muncul akibat dari ganjilnya laporan keuangan FIFA yang di RELEASE baru-baru ini. Dalam laporan tersebut pada pos anggaran tetap (gaji) muncul sebuah keganjilan, dimana terjadi peningkatan 56% dibandingkan dengan beban gaji tahun 2009. Dalam laporan tersebut beban gaji keseluruhan tercatat £20.3juta, atau jika dihitung secara kasar seorang anggota exco bsa menerima lebih kurang £1.18jt/thn
Old 16-03-2011, 01:22 PM   #25
f3bry
first team

Visit f3bry's Facebook

-lanjutan-
hal yg paling menarik adalah, penentuan besarnya pos anggaran FIFA dibuat oleh dewan eksekutif keuangan bentukan exco. Itu artinya exco dg seenak perutnya dapat menaikan gajinya.

ya kini FIFA menjadi sbuah lembaga yg untouchable, tidak ada sebuah sistem pengawasan yg bsa mengatur FIFA karena komitmennya untk mandiri dan lepas dari campur tangan pihak lain.

gimana?mereka mirip bukan? itulah kenapa statuta FIFA diagung2kan
Old 16-03-2011, 03:54 PM   #26
Panji
menang/kalah ttp MERAH

Panji has no contributions yet
Visit Panji's Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi Istiabudi View Post
FIFA Bentuk Komisi Anti Korupsi
Dewi - Okezone

ZURICH – Stigma sebagai institusi korup di kancah sepakbola bakal dihapus Sepp Blatter. Sebagai Presiden FIFA, Blatter siap membentuk komisi anti korupsi.

Seperti diketahui, badan sepakbola tertinggi dunia (FIFA) kerap dianggap korup. Beberapa kalangan berani buka suara terkait kebobrokan FIFA. Terakhir, kemenangan Rusia dan Qatar dalam bidding tuan rumah Piala Dunia 2018 dan 2022 juga dikecam, sejumlah pihak.

Suara dua anggota komite FIFA, Amos Adamu dan Reynald Temarii, terbukti dibeli untuk memenangkan pihak tertentu. Keduanya pun dikenai sanksi larangan beraktivitas di kancah sepakbola.

“Komite ini (anti korupsi) akan memperkuat kredibilitas serta pencitraan baru terkait transparansi,” tegas Blatter kepada surat kabar Swiss, Sonntags Zeitung.

“Saya akan bertanggung jawab untuk memastikan bahwa tak ada praktik korupsi di FIFA,” lanjutnya, seperti disitat Goal, Senin (3/1/2011).

Blatter sendiri tak akan tergabung dalam komite anti korupsi yang nantinya beranggotakan sembilan orang yang memiliki latar belakang olahraga maupun pekerjaan lain.

Adamu menjadi anggota FIFA pertama yang diganjar sanksi hingga tiga tahun serta denda 10 ribu Swiss Francs oleh komisi etik, meski dia telah mengajukan banding.

Dalam investigasi yang dilakukan Sunday Times, wakil Nigeria tersebut mengaku suaranya dibayar saat pemilihan tuan rumah Piala Dunia. Sementara Temarri (Tahiti) mendapat sanksi larangan beraktivitas di sepakbola selama setahun serta denda 5 ribu Swiss Francs, meski dirinya juga membantah melakukan kesalahan. (wei)

Source : http://bola.okezone.com

lembaga ini salah satu lembaga terkorup didunia bukan c? 11-12 gt sama PSSI
Panji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2011, 06:02 PM   #27
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default FIFA Needs Instant Replay -- Here's Why

Why FIFA Should Accept Some Form of Instant Replay for Football Matches

In the 39th minute of round of 16 match between Germany and England in the 2010 World Cup, England’s Frank Lampard took a shot that could forever change football.

Lampard’s shot hit the crossbar, ricocheting at least a full yard over the goal line before it bounced into the gracious hands of German goalkeeper Manuel Neuer.

At the time, the score of the match was 2-1 in favor of Germany, but if Lampard’s goal counted, the score would have drawn level at two going into halftime. Instead, the score remained 2-1 and Germany went on to win the match 4-1.

In the following World Cup match, Argentina faced Mexico and another controversial goal line play resulted.

This time it was Argentina’s Carlos Tevez, whose goal counted despite being at least two yards offside.

To make matters worse, the television screen inside of Soccer City Stadium showed a replay of the goal, causing both sides to get into a confrontation at the end of the first half.

In the following days, people throughout the world complained about the goals, and FIFA President Sepp Blatter announced that football would once again look at goal line technology.

Despite our technological world, FIFA continues to refuse to implement technology into football. After the actions of the referees during two round of 16 matches on June 27, 2010 in the FIFA World Cup, football is still not committed to use technology to clarify close calls on the goal line.

FIFA should accept goal line technology as an essential part of the game. After seeing England and Mexico each suffer from a blown call, FIFA must implement technology into football.

Before goal line technology was even possible, football had several instances over which a close goal line call played a major part in a game.

However, since the beginning of the 21st century, the amount of close goal line calls has dramatically increased.

The most infamous of these calls came in a 2009 World Cup qualifying playoff between France and Ireland.

During extra time, France’s Thierry Henry handled the football with his left arm twice before passing the ball for the winning goal for France to reach the 2010 World Cup.

Anyhow, there have been many different ideas to make goal line technology as effective as possible without impacting the speed of the game.

The two most notable examples of this are the Cairos chip inside of the football and Hawkeye. However, goal line technology has its opponents, with the most notable opposition being FIFA President Sepp Blatter and UEFA President Michel Platini.

Platini has decided to attack these controversial goal line calls by putting in extra referees in Europa League and Champions League matches. Platini believes that implementing goal line technology will lead to “PlayStation football”; so extra referees will ensure that the human element in football remains.

Despite having extra referees, there are still problems that football could face.

This starts with added pressure that could be placed on referees due to goal line technology.

According to two-time World Cup referee Graham Poll, a giant television monitor at the stadium showing replays “could incite crowd trouble”. If the referee is unable to change a call due to video evidence shown on the monitor, both fans and players could get upset.

This happened two separate times in the 2010 World Cup. The first time was a group stage match between Brazil and the Ivory Coast; where Brazil’s Luis Fabiano scored after handling the ball twice before scoring in Brazil’s eventual 3-1 win.

The second time was on Carlos Tevez’s goal against Mexico in the round of 16. However, in the case of the Tevez goal, both Argentina and Mexico’s benches got into a heated argument before half time.

From this missed call, the entire game was overshadowed, along with the entire tournament (Bradley).

However, the reason of a television monitor showing a missed call would be muted should replay get introduced, especially at the World Cup.

By giving the fourth official (the official who deals with substitutions and added time) an added power to check close plays on the goal line, there would be no rioting over a missed call.

FIFA could also decide to take more pressure off of referees by giving them extra training. The extra training would target specifically with the daily stress of the job.

By doing this, there would be a much better brand of football that would be played, but there are many more reasons why goal line technology should be implemented into football.

The first reason deals with missed calls inside of the penalty box.

Along with Henry’s handball against Ireland, there have been several controversial calls involving the penalty area.

A notable incident came in a Champions League qualifying match between Tottenham and BSC Young Boys in 2010 when Tottenham’s Jermaine Defoe scored after handling the ball with his arm. During this match, there were extra officials used and were still unable to prevent a controversial goal.

Another major problem that football faces from is diving inside of the penalty box, which players such as Cristiano Ronaldo and Didier Drogba have turned into an art form.

Due an increasing amount of players diving, a system of instant replay could prove to be a very popular idea.

And of course, time could be saved instead of having players complain about close goal line plays (Wilson).

If the referee is more open in their interpretation, football can certainly see innovation, but that wasn’t apparent during the World Cup.

Throughout the 2010 World Cup, we saw some terrible refereeing, which was only magnified from the terrible refereeing on June 27.

Following what happened to England and Mexico in their respective World Cup matches, a large portion of football fans and journalists wanted goal line technology to be implemented.

Points such that President Blatter was able to watch the replay from his VIP box, a luxury that was denied to match officials (Kelso).

Due to this, FIFA was forced to apologize the next day through Blatter, who subsequently reopened the goal line debate within FIFA during their next conference in late July (Reuters).

After the events in South Africa, many people wanted to know what could be done to help fix what happened. FIFA decided that the best way to start fixing the problem was to not show replays of goals on the television monitor’s inside of the stadiums.

Thankfully, there were no other major instances in which a controversial goal line call was made.

But, the 2010 World Cup did allow people to think about the technology that was used in other sports, and how it could be used in football.

In practically every sport except football, there is some form of instant replay that is in use.

In both tennis and cricket, they use the Hawkeye system that has been immensely popular. In both sports, a player will have a certain amount of challenges (a certain amount of plays that could be questioned) and can appeal to the referee to have the call overturned.

In American sports, the National Football League (NFL) gives coaches two challenges per game to overturn calls. Despite the success that the NFL has had with challenges, it can take up to five minutes to review a play, which would take too long for international football.

Also, there is the National Hockey League (NHL), which goes to a war room to review goals. However, the time to review goals would take too long to keep football's speed up.

In all of these sports, replay has been extremely effective, but there will need to be modifications in these forms of replay to implement them into football.

Currently in football, there are two extremely popular ways that replay could be implemented that will not affect the speed of the game.

The first way is to put in the previously mentioned Hawkeye system. Hawkeye would work in football by having six cameras placed around each goal, taking 500 images per second.

Those pictures would be processed by a computer to the head referee’s earpiece within 0.5 seconds.

In order to finance Hawkeye, Hawkeye’s inventor Paul Hawkins has suggested for each club to find a sponsor for Hawkeye, which Rolex does for Hawkeye’s replay in tennis (Emery).

The other popular way is the Cairos Ball Chip System. The Cairos Ball Chip is a computer chip that is put inside of a football that would correlate with thin cables that are transplanted underneath the goal line. Through magnetic transmission, the referee will immediately figure out if the ball crossed the line through a radio signal from a nearby tower.

The Cairos technology was first used at the 2007 FIFA Club World Cup, where there were no reported problems with the new technology.

But for whatever reason, FIFA has not allowed the Cairos ball to be reintroduced at any tournament since 2007.

Overall, the football made very little difference in terms of weight, with the device weighing approximately 15 grams, while the Jabulani ball that was used at the 2010 World Cup weighed between 420 and 445 grams.

But, FIFA has still remained reluctant to accepting the new technology, and everyone wonders when it will finally be implemented into football.

Despite what has happened in its past, now is the time for FIFA to implement some sort of goal line technology into its game.

It is absolutely incredible that the most popular sport in the world can reject moving into a modern era with the advent of technology.

After reviewing over everything, I think that technology can be instituted if it is inserted properly.

To me, I feel that reviewing penalty box decisions should not be instituted because it forms too much of an opinion from a referee coming from an unbiased source in video.

Instead, FIFA should allow for both the Hawkeye and Cairos systems to be used.

I feel that Hawkeye should be implemented into every league around the world thanks in large part to the major sponsorships that football has. By allowing the sponsors to pump money into video replay, we can have Hawkeye used throughout the world.

And the Cairos ball can be used only in major tournaments such as the World Cup and the European Championships due to the expenses of the ball and the cables that will be required to run around the goal line.

But by having a check of balances on these two technologies, the referee will be able to successfully make the right call whenever there is a goal line dispute.

Hopefully, FIFA will recognize that the problems from not installing goal line technology can only further damage their game and decide that goal line technology is the only viable answer.

If not, football will continue to suffer from an unnecessary problem that could be resolved in a matter of seconds.

Code:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/529733-why-fifa-should-accept-some-form-of-instant-replay-for-football-matches
Old 23-03-2011, 12:37 PM   #28
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: FIFA Needs Instant Replay -- Here's Why

Wah Der Kaiser mau mundur ...

Beckenbauer Tinggalkan FIFA
Penulis: Wirawan Kusuma | Editor: Hery Prasetyo

PARIS, KOMPAS.com — Legenda Jerman, Franz Beckenbauer, mengumumkan akan mundur secara resmi dari jabatannya sebagai anggota Komite Eksekutif FIFA pada bulan Juni mendatang. Beckenbauer beralasan ingin fokus ke keluarga yang sempat ia lupakan akibat terlalu sibuk berkecimpung di sepak bola.

Kabarnya posisi Beckenbauer akan diisi oleh Presiden Federasi Sepak Bola Jerman (DFB) Dr Theo Zwanziger.

"Tak mudah meninggalkan UEFA dan FIFA. Saya punya keluarga dan mereka membutuhkan saya. Saya memilih keluarga saya ketimbang sepak bola," katanya seperti dilaporkan La Repubblica.

"Ada waktunya ketika Anda harus berkata cukup, maka Anda akan mengatakan cukup," sambungnya.

Pria berusia 65 tahun tersebut terpilih sebagai anggota Komite Eksekutif FIFA sebagai perwakilan dari UEFA. Ini merupakan jabatan pertamanya di asosiasi yang mengatur sepak bola dunia tersebut. Pria yang juga sukses sebagai pemain dan pelatih ini juga sempat mengenyam jabatan Wakil Presiden DFB pada tahun 1998.

Source : http://bola.kompas.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2011, 01:45 PM   #29
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Default FIFA Prez Issues Retirement Promise

FIFA President Sepp Blatter To Quit in 2015 If He Beats Mohamed Bin Hammam

FIFA president Sepp Blatter has announced he will quit the post in 2015 if he wins a fourth term of office in the upcoming June election.

The 75-year-old Blatter has been at the head of football's governing body since 1998, overseeing four World Cups and bringing his influence to the biggest decisions in the sport.

But his reign has been dogged by controversy and allegations of corruption—not least in the bidding process for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups, which were awarded to Russia and Qatar, respectively.

The Sunday Times newspaper secretly filmed two members of the FIFA voting panel allegedly offering to sell their votes, and their findings led to the 24-man panel being cut to 22.

The English Football Association have subsequently claimed FIFA snubbed their much-fancied 2018 bid as retaliation for the Sunday Times investigation.

Meanwhile, the Qatar bid has been widely labeled a victory for wealth and influence over commonsense. There are the obvious complications of playing the tournament in searing heat to consider, not to mention Qatar's lack of footballing heritage.

The fallout from the World bidding process prompted the candidacy of Asian confederation chief Mohamed Bin Hammam, who will take on Blatter in the presidential election.

Hammam is campaigning for greater transparency in FIFA. He talks of "trust" and "credibility" returning to football's governing body, and there is a growing support for his cause.

But his bid could potentially be thwarted by the announcement Blatter plans to retire in 2015. The politics of the situation may mean he wins votes on the understanding Michel Platini takes over from him.

That said, UEFA Chief Platini could yet throw his support behind Hammam, giving his campaign an almighty push in the right direction.

Code:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/642177-fifa-president-sepp-blatter-to-quit-in-2015-if-he-beats-mohamed-bin-hammam
Old 02-04-2011, 12:11 AM   #30
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: FIFA Prez Issues Retirement Promise

Wah kok kasusnya mirip Indonesia yach ???

FIFA Hukum Bosnia-Herzegovina

Muchamad Syuhada - Okezone

ZURICH – FIFA mengambil keputusan terkait kekisruhan yang terjadi di tubuh federasi sepakbola Bosnia-Herzegovina (FFBH). Otoritas sepakbola tertinggi didunia memilih membekukan status keanggotaan mereka.

Keputusan tersebut diumumkan oleh FIFA lewat situs resminya pada Jumat (1/4/2011). Hukuman terhadap FFBH berlaku sampai batas waktu yang belum ditentukan.

“FFBH dan seluruh klubnya tidak lagi diperbolehkan ambil bagian dalam kompetisi internasional terhitung mulai 1 April 2011. Mereka juga tidak dapat bermain dalam laga internasional.

“FIFA dan UEFA sangat menyesal atas keputusan ini dan akan segera melakukan diskusi untuk mengambil langkah demi mengembalikan status keanggotaan FFBH.”

FIFA dan UEFA sejak awal sudah memberikan peringatan kepada FFBH untuk segera melakukan amanden terhadap statuta mereka yang dianggap melenceng dari statuta FIFA dan UEFA dengan tenggat waktu sampai 31 Maret lalu. Sempat menggelar kongres pada 29 Maret, FFBH tetap tidak mampu memenuhi tuntutan FIFA karena hanya ada 22 delegasi yang menghadari kongres dari seharusnya 54 delegasi. (msy)

Source : http://bola.okezone.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 35
alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, Andi Istiabudi, buy cialis cheap, Class of '86, ecly_watchaa, eyeofday, finza_13, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, GeaErang, goodfron, Gustiono, h-ANG, Hand_rooney, herzgiggsy, iamsetia, id4y, Jak_Ilcapitano_11, jifortin, novanprihasa, penk22_, rio vander vidic, rizluq, robby7beckham, stevygita, tumpal_oneunited, united7, V.A.Siswanto, vankyoet, word89vkodv, xkeiszglf34, zudomiriku