United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 05-09-2019, 09:17 AM   #261
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jesse Lingard

'I have always liked him as a player... I had to get his shirt': Manchester United's Jesse Lingard shows off his swapped shirts over the years... and why 'clever' Marco Verratti was the one he wanted after England v Italy

* Jesse Lingard showed off some of his most treasured shirt swaps over the years
* The Manchester United and England midfielder has amassed quite a collection
* Lingard picked Paul Pogba, Matteo Darmian, Marcelo and Antoine Griezmann
* But the 'clever' Marco Verratti was the player he was keen to trade jerseys with

Jesse Lingard opened his wardrobe doors as he showed off his treasured shirts that he has swapped with rivals over the years.

The Manchester United and England midfielder has played in finals and some of the biggest games for club and country, pitting himself against the best in the business.

But while he showed his United colours by swapping with Paul Pogba and Matteo Darmian when England played France and Italy respectively, it was another player that caught Lingard's eye before they traded jerseys.

Manchester United and England midfielder Jesse Lingard showed off his collection of shirts. After playing Italy, Lingard was determined to swap with 'clever' midfielder Marco Verratti

Lingard has started showing off the shirts he has collected over the years on his YouTube page

Holding up an Italy shirt acquired after an international game with England, Lingard revealed it was midfield star Marco Verratti who had left the biggest impression on him.

'I have always like Verratti as a player,' he said as part of 'Jesse's Shirt Stories' series on his YouTube channel.

'I had to get his shirt. He has got that low centre of gravity and is hard to get the ball off - he's clever.'

After England played France, Lingard spoke to Paul Pogba, then a Juventus player, about life

Another shirt the United midfielder treasures is when England played Brazil in a friendly. Real Madrid left back Marcelo swapped with Lingard and the iconic shirt is one he treasures

Another player that got a special mention was Real Madrid and Brazil left back Marcelo after Lingard came up against the 31-year-old during a friendly with England in 2017.

'Moving on to Brazil, Marcelo's shirt,' Lingard says, holding up the iconic yellow and green herset.

'Quality player, quality left foot... Brazilian flair and he seems a good guy off the pitch. He is good on the ball; that is one to save that shirt.'

Lingard, despite limited involvement so far this season for Manchester United, is part of the England squad preparing for a double-header against Bulgaria and Kosovo.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7427931/Lingard-shows-shirts-years-clever-Verratti-one-wanted-most.html
Old 30-10-2019, 09:49 AM   #262
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Manchester United star Jesse Lingard's 'JLingz' clothing range posts losses of £200,000 in its first year

* England star Jesse Lingard launched own 'JLingz' clothing brand in summer 2018
* The range released its first set of accounts for 12 months until January 31 2019
* Products were sold in second half of year and company made loss of £211,688

Jesse Lingard's clothing brand 'JLingz' has reported loss of more than £200,000 in its first year.

The unaudited accounts lodged with Companies House show that from 12 months until January 31 this year, the company made a loss of £211,688.

However, the brand only sold products in the second half of the year detailed in the accounts.

Manchester United's Jess Lingard launched his 'JLingz' clothing range in the summer of 2018. The winger's clothing company recorded losses of more than £200,00 in its first year

The company was incorporated in January 2018 and Lingard is listed as one of three directors.

When Lingard launched the range in summer 2018, he was roundly criticised for not focusing completely on his football.

The England winger held a star-studded launch party just days before Manchester United hosted Liverpool last December, which proved to be the last game of Jose Mourinho's reign after defeat.

the event was attended by a host of team-mate from England and Manchester United, including Raheem Sterling, Marcus Rashford, Paul Pogba and Luke Shaw.

Within the JLingz label, hoodies start at £45, while it is £70 for a quilted jacket and T-shirts will set you back around £30.

There are also various accessories like trucker hats, beanie hats and socks.

Lingard also has his own scent, as well as a variety of merchandise including mobile phone cases.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7623031/Manchester-Uniteds-Jesse-Lingards-JLingz-clothing-range-loses-200-000-year.html
Old 06-12-2019, 08:25 AM   #263
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Jesse Lingard named the UK's fourth most-subscribed new YouTuber in 2019 as Manchester United midfielder hits one million views on three different videos

* Jesse Lingard was listed fourth in the UK's most-subscribed new YouTubers
* The Man United player has 309,000 subscribers since his first video in January
* Three of Lingard's videos have had over 1 million views on the platform
* On the pitch, Lingard started in United's 2-1 win against Spurs on Wednesday

Jesse Lingard has been named the fourth most-subscribed new YouTuber of 2019 in the UK.

The Manchester United player posted his first video on January 16 to promote his clothing label JLingz, and has since published 20 videos over the course of the year.

Lingard, who has a total of 309,000 subscribers, has posted three videos which have had over 1 million views, with the most popular being a video where he talks through the football shirts which mean the most to him.

Jesse Lingard at the beginning of his video titled 'Shirt Stories' - his most popular video

In total, his YouTube channel has had 8,408,067 views, though he has not posted in over two months since September 20.

In the UK list for new YouTubers, Strictly Come Dancing's Dianne Buswell was number one, with social media duo Connor and Liana and prankster Grace Sharer making the top three.

On the pitch, Lingard has struggled for form in 2019, and has been dropped from the England squad by manager Gareth Southgate.

The 27-year-old has a battle on his hands to make the England squad for next summer's European Championships - he has made 24 appearances in total for his country and starred in last year's World Cup in Russia.

Quote:
The UK's Top 10 new YouTubers

1. Dianne Buswell
2. Connor and Liana
3. Grace Sharer
4. Jesse Lingard
5. Noah Schnapp
6. Jennelle Eliana
7. Wilbur Soot
8. Mully
9. KT Franklin
10. Katie Price

Lingard introducing his first video on his channel back in January to promote his clothing label

He did score his first goal since January against Astana in Kazakhstan last week, captaining a second-string side which lost 2-1 in the Europa League.

And after not featuring against Aston Villa on Sunday, Lingard did play 87 minutes on Wednesday in a 2-1 victory against former United manager Jose Mourinho and Tottenham - a welcome boost for United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

The win sees the Red Devils climb to sixth in the table, leapfrogging Spurs in the process.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7760661/Jesse-Lingard-named-UKs-fourth-subscribed-new-YouTuber-2019.html
Old 11-12-2019, 09:11 AM   #264
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'It does feel good to actually be back and feel myself again': Jesse Lingard admits he is enjoying welcome return to form for Manchester United

* Jesse Lingard has shined in Manchester United's latest Premier League wins
* Lingard shined against Tottenham and in the Manchester derby at the weekend
* He is now a key part of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side at a key part of the season
* But Lingard is also now targeting a return to Gareth Southgate's England squad

Jesse Lingard says it feels 'good to actually be back and feel myself again' as the Manchester United attacking midfielder bids to return to his best.

A key member of the England squad that reached last year's World Cup semi-finals in Russia, the 26-year-old did not make Gareth Southgate's last two squads due to a drop off in form and game time.

But Lingard has regained his form and place in Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side at a key part of the season.

Fresh from shining in the defeat of Jose Mourinho's Tottenham - his first Premier League start in two months - he was part of the thrilling United attack that ran amok in Saturday's shock 2-1 triumph at Manchester City.

Put to Lingard things appear to be going in the right direction, he told the PA news agency: 'Yeah, 100 per cent.

'Obviously form dips and you go through highs and lows, but I feel like I am on the right path at the moment.

Jesse Lingard has said he has enjoyed his return to form in a Manchester United shirt. Lingard was part of an exciting United attack that shocked Manchester City on Saturday. And Lingard admits he wants to turn this purple patch into consistency for his club

'I'm training well, I'm doing the right things and the manager is happy, which is the most important thing.

'I'm really confident (about the rest of the season). On the back of those two wins, City and Spurs, the confidence is there.

'Now it's about mindset and mentality to just keep going.'

Lingard is loving his football but playing for one of the world's biggest club can bring crushing pressure.

Solskjaer suggested over the weekend that off-field issues had impacted the form of a player he reprimanded over the summer for his use of social media, while the 26-year-old recently admitted he does not read anything online anymore given the vitriol out there.

'I think it might have been mentality with certain people,' Lingard said of the abuse dished out to footballers on social media.

'It can obviously affect certain people, but for us as footballers obviously we're going to see it and we go through it, but we stay strong, we try and block it out.

'We just want to enjoy football and that's it.

'Life's ups and downs, people are going to hate you, people are going to love you and that's how it is.'

By focusing on himself rather than the background noise, Lingard is benefiting from returning to the core features that helped transform him from perennial loanee to big-game player for club and country.

'I think it's doing the right things,' he said. 'Sometimes you have to go back to basics and start afresh which I did.

'But at the moment, right now I feel good, feel sharp and can't wait for the next game.'

Lingard was reprimanded by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer over the summer for his use of social media. But Lingard admits he is now focusing on himself rather than the background noise. And he hopes that refocusing on himself will earn him a place back in the England squad

United have back-to-back matches against AZ Alkmaar and Everton coming up this week at Old Trafford, where Southgate - someone who knows Lingard better than most - is a regular presence in the directors' box.

The England manager worked with him closely at Under-21 level and gave the attacking midfielder his senior debut in his first match in charge.

And while Southgate has left Lingard out of recent squads, his upturn in United form will not go unnoticed.

'If you do well for Man United you know you get picked for England,' Lingard said, speaking as part of the Coca-Cola £WhereEveryonePlays campaign.

'I spoke to Gareth over the last few months and he knows what kind of player I am.

'It does feel good to actually be back and feel myself again.

'Obviously he knows me as a player from the 21s and he knows how I handle certain situations. For me now its confidence and on keeping the momentum, kicking on.'

Lingard is pushing to be involved at Euro 2020 next summer, when friend and team-mate Marcus Rashford is almost certain to be part of the squad.

'I've obviously known Marcus from a young age and he's very humble,' Lingard said of the in-form forward. 'He does the right things, works hard on the training pitch and it shows in games.

'So for him now it's just about consistency and keeping going and keeping that momentum.'

Asked just how good Rashford is, Lingard said: 'The world's his oyster.

'He's only so young, he's only 22 and he's still learning, but his hunger and ambition for the game is unbelievable.'

Rashford was named United's player of the month for November, having seen fellow academy graduate Scott McTominay win the previous two awards.

The homegrown midfielder's rise shows no signs of abating and it appears the squad love him as much as the fans.

'I've known Scott's ability from young, growing up with him,' Lingard said.

'When it was his time to shine, he rose to the occasion and he's been a real rock for us in midfield.

'I feel secure, we all feel secure as a team, when we're pressing because you know you've got Scott behind.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7776115/Manchester-United-attacking-midfielder-Jesse-Lingard-admits-enjoying-welcome-return-form.html
Old 18-12-2019, 09:20 AM   #265
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'I had to tell Ole the truth... my loved ones have been struggling - and it's breaking my heart': Jesse Lingard opens up on his family agony at Manchester United after a difficult few months

* Jesse Lingard has struggled with his mother's illness and caring for his young brother and sister this season
* Manchester United star knocked on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's door after failing to perform on the pitch of late
* He was on his 'last chance' at United after angering Solskjaer with a crude Instagram video posted on holiday
* Lingard is now back in the United team and starred in their wins over Tottenham and rivals Manchester City
* The England midfielder defends his social media posts with Paul Pogba but admits he has 'made mistakes'

There is no hiding place in football, not on the pitch nor the training ground. Jesse Lingard knows that now.

It was after another rebuke from manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer not long ago that the Manchester United forward decided to tell him the truth. Lingard had been carrying the burden of worry and unhappiness for too long.

'I wasn't performing and he was on me all the time. He wanted more from me,' Lingard told Sportsmail this week. 'So I felt it was best to get everything off my chest and tell him why my head wasn't right. So I knocked on his door.'

Lingard's difficulties — kept private until today — began earlier in the season when his mother Kirsty became unwell. This left 27-year-old Jesse to care for his younger brother Jasper, 14, and 11-year-old sister Daisy-Boo.

Manchester United star Jesse Lingard opens up to Sportsmail on his family difficulties that have given him a burden of worry. Lingard spoke to manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer after failing to perform on the pitch and being rebuked by his boss

Jasper has faced challenges dealing with his mother's illness and is currently living with Lingard and being schooled at his house.

So while trying to keep his place at England's biggest football club and adjusting to life as a father himself — his baby daughter is one — Lingard has also been attending school parents' evenings and prioritising his siblings' well-being.

Understandably, the responsibility and stress have taken their toll.

'I am normally quite bubbly and want to put smiles on people's faces but people have seen the change in my ways,' he explained.

'I have been down and glum; just worrying. I felt like everybody just passed all the stuff to me and it weighed on my shoulders. It was like, "Here you go Jesse, you deal with this on your own".

'My mum has had some things for years but never really got help. Now she is. So I have been taking care of my brother and sister. They are with me. It has been tough to see my loved ones struggling and then I have to come to work and try to do my job.'

Lingard, originally from Warrington, has always been close to his family and his worries over the past year have been multi-layered. His grandad Ken - perhaps the greatest influence on his career - has prostate cancer and his nan Pam almost had to have a leg amputated.

Lingard, originally from Warrington, has always been close to his family and his mother Kirsty's (right) illness has been hard

Against this background, Lingard lost his place at United and with England. Knowing he was already on borrowed time with Solskjaer after an indiscretion last summer, he could feel his career heading into a cul-de-sac.

For weeks, he didn't tell anyone at the club about his issues. Staff say that for a long time the only thing outwardly different about him was the dwindling quality of his football.

'I am a person who likes to deal with stuff on his own but it's not necessarily the right thing to do,' he added. 'I always use the phrase "Be yourself" but I have realised now that there are times when you just can't be. My dad and older brother, Louie, have been great support but some of this stuff has broken my heart, you know?

'As a man I have to take this responsibility on and be there for everyone. I've had to mature and wise up. Sometimes when your worries are so deep you can't function properly. Now it's about getting back to my best and I feel I can do that.'

Lingard's chat with Solskjaer was a turning point. He has only started six Premier League games but two have come in recent wins against Tottenham and Manchester City.

Lingard is now back in the United team and started their brilliant wins over Tottenham and Manchester City last week. Solskjaer has given his midfielder the confidence to play - and that helping hand is benefiting United greatly of late

A United team seen playing devastating, quick football on the counter has done so with Lingard in the vanguard. But it was actually a substitute appearance in a home win against Brighton a month ago that sticks in his mind.

'When I came on the manager said to me, "Just go on and play with a smile and enjoy it",' he recalled. 'To hear that gives you confidence. He knows what kind of character I am. I need to be smiling.

'He has just told me that everything will be OK. Maybe I just needed someone to say that.

'He said he just wanted the old Jesse back and maybe I can give him that now.'

Sunday's game against Everton at Old Trafford will be the 4,000th United game to feature a homegrown player. Lingard hopes to recover from a knee injury to play for the club he joined when he was seven.

People's impressions of him vary. The truth is that he is a quietly-spoken, approachable young footballer who also likes to enjoy his life. Some supporters seem to dislike the last bit.

Lingard has found himself criticised for everything from his social media activity and his friendship with Paul Pogba to his decision to launch a clothing range. It all seems trivial but equally it has threatened his standing in the game. Maybe it does have to change.

'Generations are different,' he said. 'The older supporters are used to football, football, football.

'Maybe they just see the funny videos and make their own conclusions. But anyone who knows me knows I am down to earth and humble.

'Me and Paul are close friends. He came here at 16. To come through with him has been unbelievable. We share a lot of great memories so, of course, we are going to enjoy the time we have now because we have worked hard to get here. We enjoy our football, we work hard and we do have a laugh. Is that not OK?

'People don't know us. People judge us from social media. It's about perception and reality. They are different. But let me say this: football is my life and my love. Even though I do other stuff, I never get distracted.

'Maybe what I need to understand is that timing matters. It's OK to post a funny video after we've won. Obviously not if we have lost. So, yeah, maybe I have made some mistakes.'

Lingard was criticised by former United captains Roy Keane and Gary Neville for starting his own clothing business in the week before a game at Liverpool just over a year ago. Keane suggested he was not putting his football first.

Lingard said: 'The launch was actually a week earlier. We played a Champions League game in midweek. Nobody mentioned it. Then we play Liverpool and suddenly it's talked about. I felt I was an easy target. Before the game my dad texted me the comments and said I should make sure I had a good game. I scored.

'But stuff like those comments play on your mind and will always increase the pressure. I know it was the right time to do the launch, though. I am comfortable with that.'

What sits less well with Lingard are the events of the summer. On a holiday with friends, including United team-mate Marcus Rashford, Lingard made a short video that alluded to what may or may not have gone on in their apartment. Briefly it appeared on Lingard's Snapchat social media platform.

'It genuinely was a mistake to post it,' said Lingard. 'I have a lot of young followers and I would never put that out there deliberately. It was an accident. I was meaning to send it privately to one of my friends. I was on a plane waiting to take off. Someone from the club texted me and said: "Take the video down".

'When I realised what I had done, my heart just sank into my stomach. I was like, "I am done at United now. This is the final straw".

'I was told the manager was going mad but I was in the air for two hours and literally couldn't do anything. When I got back I came in early to speak to the manager and apologise. He said I was on my last chance. He said I had to get my head down and that is what I have done. I am not stupid.

'There is no way I was going to let what I have at this club be taken away. On the whole I have cut down on my social media stuff now. You do what you have to do.'

One of the highlights of Lingard's life was the 2018 World Cup finals. Part of the team that lost in the semi-final to Croatia, Lingard has previously said he smiled every single day he was in Russia.

He loved playing for Gareth Southgate's emerging team and relished the atmosphere created by the England manager. So to be shut out of the England set-up in recent times has been hard. He has not been in Southgate's squad this season.

Southgate does not know about Lingard's problems and the player is comfortable with that. He knows he must be picked on merit but believes there is still time before next summer's European Championship. 'I've been at a low point and my football at United dictates whether I am in the England squad or not,' he said. 'It's about form. I have to be playing regularly.

'My main aims now are to play, win a trophy and be in the squad for the Euros. There are still a lot of games to play. The next international camp isn't until March so we will see where I am. But I feel good at the moment.'

Handed the United captaincy when Solskjaer chose a young squad to face Astana in the Europa League, Lingard hopes that is a signal that his manager's faith in him has been restored.

'That definitely helped with my confidence,' he said. 'Ole is great at man-management. He made me captain, then we beat Spurs and City and I played. Before the matches I am saying to myself, "Just play with a smile. It's football and you were born to do it".'

Lingard celebrates with Kieran Trippier, Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Harry Kane after scoring against Panama at the World Cup

Lingard believes the main threat to United's recent improvement is complacency. 'If it's a mid-table team we maybe think we don't have to go for it but we do,' he said.

Meanwhile his feelings about last weekend's racist episode at Manchester City are understandable.

'It's a joke that it's still going on in 2019,' he said. 'As players it's awful but what can we do? Something has to be done doesn't it? Do we walk off the pitch? I don't know. It did put a damper on the City win but for us to beat them the way we did was really solid. We hit them on the counter and they couldn't deal with it.'

If United feel their season is finally starting then so does Lingard. 'I know what it means to play for Man United and I know what it means to come through the academy,' he said.

'I see young players looking up to me and Marcus as role models. If we can pave the way for the next generation that's great. I wanted to be a leader this season. I feel I am beginning to do that at last.'

Lingard and United team-mate Fred suffered abuse during last week's Manchester derby victory at the Etihad Stadium

Lingard knows he owes Solskjaer a debt of gratitude. His road back to the first team began the moment he knocked on his boss's door.

As for the Lingard family, he will continue to do his bit for all the generations. He no longer feels the burden. 'My daughter is one now and it's been amazing,' he smiled. 'She takes my mind off a lot of things I've had to deal with. She is brilliant; a great part of my life.

'My family is really tight and I will always be there for them. As for my daughter, I just want to be there as a father to show her the right way. I just want her to be proud.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7789837/EXCLUSIVE-INTERVIEW-Jesse-Lingard-opens-family-agony-Manchester-United.html
Old 26-12-2019, 09:03 AM   #266
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

JESSE LINGARD EXCLUSIVE: 'If we played everyone with the same intensity we had against City and Spurs, we could win every game…. we need to be more clinical. And I'm DETERMINED to get back in the England team'

* Manchester United have taken one step forward and one step back this season
* As halfway point of campaign approaches they are only team to stop Liverpool
* But they have been beaten by Newcastle, Bournemouth and now Watford
* Attacker Jesse Lingard believes it could be a mindset issue at Old Trafford

It's becoming the story of Manchester United's season. Beat the big teams and struggle against the lesser ones. A devastating counter-attack coupled with a frustrating inability to break down opponents who sit deep. One step forward, one step back.

As the halfway point of the campaign approaches, United have beaten Manchester City, Leicester, Chelsea and Tottenham.

They are the only team to take points off Liverpool, going within five minutes and added time of toppling the runaway league leaders at Old Trafford in October.

Jesse Lingard surprised StreetGames players in the Coca-Cola Christmas truck. The midfielder took part in Coca-Cola #WhereEveryonePlays campaign in Manchester

But there have also been shock defeats by Crystal Palace, West Ham, Newcastle and Bournemouth before Sunday's 2-0 upset at bottom club Watford.

Throw in draws with Southampton, Aston Villa and Everton and the pattern of United's season is pretty plain to see as they prepare to face Newcastle again at home on Boxing Day.

But why? Is it simply a case of them being a counter-attacking team? After all, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side have only beaten one of the 12 sides against whom they have had more than 50 per cent possession this season.

Or is there more to it than that? Sat in a hotel in Manchester, Jesse Lingard considers the question and thinks there is. He believes complacency has played its part in United's erratic start.

'It's strange,' says Lingard. 'Maybe it's a mindset thing. Maybe it's our mentality going into the match thinking we've already won the game.

'If we keep the consistency and mentality we had against City and Tottenham, I don't see why we can't win every game.

'It seems like our mentality changes. To keep that consistency throughout the rest of the season when we come against the mid-table teams, we need to have the same mentality that we did going into the City and Tottenham game.

'When we start with energy and on the front foot, we'll cause team problems all day long.'

Lingard trudges off after being substituted in Manchester United's 2-0 defeat by Watford. Lingard believes that complacency is playing its part in United's erratic start to the season

United's wins over City and Tottenham earlier this month coincided with Lingard's first Premier League starts since the beginning of September. Things are looking up for the 27-year-old after a difficult spell in his career.

Lingard recently opened up to Sportsmail about the family issues off the pitch that have affected his form on it. But he has returned to the team refreshed for the challenge of playing the No 10 role.

All that's missing is a more clinical approach in front of goal as Lingard's miss at Watford on Sunday demonstrated when he was one-on-one with goalkeeper Ben Foster.

'I feel I've got my form back now and I'm back to my old self,' he says. 'Obviously form is going to be up and down. When you're in a bad patch you've just got to fight through it, listen to the manager and the coaches, work hard on the training pitch and give 110 per cent. I've done that and I feel really sharp.

'I always like to make an impact – goal and assists or work-rate and helping the team. I thoroughly enjoy doing that.

'Since I was young I've always been fit and like to stay sharp and be a box-to-box player. For me to play in that No 10 role you have to run, attack and defend.

'If you constantly do that for 90 minutes, of course you're going to get tired, but if you can do it consistently it helps the team.'

Lingard admits he is missing a clinical edge in front of goal as he waits to get on the scoresheet. He was one-on-one with Ben Foster on Sunday but chipped his effort over the bar

A Europa League and League Cup winner under Jose Mourinho in 2017, Lingard has seen United advance in both competitions again this season and believes that winning another trophy has to be the target.

'There are a lot of competitions and Man United teams always go after trophies,' he adds. 'We've not set a certain trophy that we want to win. But we're in four competitions and we want to win a trophy – that's the main aim.

'It's always bubbly around the club. When we lose or draw, we're going to be down and it's going to be a tough changing room. But we have players in the team that can bring a smile back and get everybody up for the next game.'

It's easy to mistake Lingard for one of United's new generation. His debut in August 2014 was an isolated appearance between loan spells at Leicester, Birmingham, Brighton and Derby, and he didn't establish himself in the first-team at Old Trafford until as recently as the 2015-16 season.

He has been bracketed with younger players and, in particular, his close friend Marcus Rashford. But while Rashford is 22-years-old, Lingard turned 27 last week.

He is a father to a baby girl and a senior figure for the teenage players emerging at United this season.

'I'm in between at the moment. I said at the start of the season that I would like to become a bit of a leader on and off the pitch.

'I've always come through the ranks and not been that vocal, but now I'd like to take that leadership on and be a bit more responsible in the changing room before games. I've started to do that.

'We've got a lot of the academy boys coming through the ranks now. They're getting their time to shine and are doing really well, and we've got experienced players as well who have won trophies. That blend is working perfectly for us at the moment.'

The highlight for Lingard came in Kazakhstan last month when he captained United against Astana in the Europa League. It ended with a 2-1 defeat but that couldn't take away from the significance of the occasion as United fielded their youngest ever team in Europe.

'All I ever wished for was to captain Man United and to do that and lead a lot of young lads out that night was a special feeling,' says Lingard.

'It was great for all the young lads making their debuts as well. At the end we let it slip and should have won the game, but it felt like more than a game. To be captain of Man Utd is such an honour.'

Lingard is determined to get back in the England team after his starring role at the World Cup

Lingard's hamstring problems and dip in form have had an effect on his England prospects. A player who started the World Cup semi-final against Croatia in Moscow 18 months ago did not appear in any of the Euro 2020 qualifiers for Gareth Southgate's team.

'I'm 100 per cent determined to get back in,' says Lingard. 'I'm back to my old self and that's what Ole and Gareth want to see.

'For me, it's doing well for Man United first and then England will come. I've just got to keep what I've been doing for the last few games.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7824615/JESSE-LINGARD-EXCLUSIVE-Man-United-need-clinical-win-game.html
Old 06-01-2020, 08:33 AM   #267
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United star Jesse Lingard working with super-agent Mino Raiola to raise questions over midfielder’s long-term future at the club

* Manchester United star Jesse Lingard is working with super-agent Mino Raiola
* The partnership is said to be part of Raiola's plans to get more English clients
* News of the link-up is sure to raise eyebrows given Raiola's issues with United
* United are concerned the relationship may make it harder to hold onto Lingard

Manchester United star Jesse Lingard is teaming-up with super agent Mino Raiola, Sportsmail understands.

Raiola is understood to be working with the England international, with the partnership said to be part of a wider strategy from the agent to establish links with more English players.

He already looks after the affairs of a number of foreign players playing in England.

News of the link-up is sure to raise eyebrows given Raiola's tempestuous relationship with United.

Sportsmail exclusively revealed on Saturday how United attempted to bypass Raiola in their efforts to sign Erling Haaland, who is represented by the agent, from Red Bull Salzburg.

United are aware that Raiola has taken charge of Lingard's affairs, and privately accept that the development may make it more difficult to keep hold of him given their stormy relationship with the agent.

United have found their relationship with the agent beneficial in recent years, Raiola playing a central role in some of the club's most expensive ever transfers, namely Paul Pogba.

Manchester United star Jesse Lingard is teaming-up with agent Mino Raiola. The partnership is said to be part of super-agent Raiola's plans to gain more English clients

The Italian-born agent facilitated client Pogba's switch to Manchester United from Juventus for a world record £89million fee in 2016.

He has also helped bring Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Romelu Lukaku to Old Trafford.

But the 52-year-old's public persona has irked certain members of the United hierarchy in recent months, particularly in relation to Pogba's future at the club.

'Pogba's problem is Manchester United. It's a club out of touch with reality and without a sporting project,' Raiola said last week.

'I wouldn't take anyone there, they would even ruin Maradona, Pele and Maldini. Paul needs a club and a squad, one like Juventus was before.'

Lingard's alliance with Raiola will raise certain questions about the midfielder's future at United.

The midfielder's existing deal expires at the end of of next season, but there is understood to be an option for a further 12 months.

So his link-up with Raiola arrives at a timely point with the time approaching for United to either extend his contract or listen to offers for their academy graduate.

Lingard has spent his entire career at Old Trafford, emerging through the junior ranks to make close to 200 senior appearances for the club - as well as 24 appearances for England.

But having played a key role for England during their euphoric run to the World Cup semi-finals in 2018, a loss of form has resulted in Lingard, who has been linked with Leicester, losing his place in Gareth Southgate's squad adding to a view that he may need fresh challenge to reinvigorate his career.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7854321/Manchester-United-star-Jesse-Lingard-working-super-agent-Mino-Raiola.html
Old 07-01-2020, 08:34 AM   #268
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Jesse Lingard has lost his England spot and his Manchester United future is in doubt after failing to score a league goal in 2019... linking up with Mino Raiola may be a hint that it's the beginning of the end for the playmaker at Old Trafford

* Jesse Lingard failed to score a Premier League goal in the whole of 2019
* The 27-year-old is also without a Premier League assist in the same timeframe
* Lingard has been dropped from Gareth Southgate's most recent England squads

Rewind to the summer of 2018 and Jesse Lingard was starring for England as one of their main playmakers with Gareth Southgate a big admirer of the Manchester United midfielder.

Lingard, who has been capped 24 times by his country, started against Tunisia and Panama — who he scored against — in the Three Lions' opening two World Cup group games in Russia before being rested against Belgium.

He then started in the knockout games against Colombia, Sweden and Croatia with the famous No 7 shirt on his back.

Jesse Lingard has cut a frustrated figure this season with the United man struggling with form

The Manchester United man was a regular starter for England at the 2018 World Cup in Russia

Quote:
JESSE LINGARD'S MANCHESTER UNITED TIMELINE

• 2010-11: Lingard wins the FA Youth Cup with United's Under 21s (6-3 aggregate win against Sheffield United in the final). Team features Paul Pogba, Ravel Morrison, and Michael Keane. Lingard scored the first goal of the final's first leg

• 2011-12: Lingard makes his first appearance on the senior Manchester United team sheet as an unused substitute in a League Cup quarter-final defeat against Crystal Palace in November

• 2011-12: Lingard went on to make one further appearance on the bench in a league loss away to Newcastle in January

• 2012-13: Lingard joined Michael Keane on loan at Leicester City where he made his competitive senior debut again Bolton Wanderers. He made five appearances for the Foxes in the two-month spell

• 2013-14: Lingard joins United on David Moyes maiden games on tour, scoring his first goals for United on this tour against A-League All Stars

• 2013-14: Lingard joined Birmingham City on a month's loan in September, scoring four goals on a memorable debut against Sheffield Wednesday. Lingard went on to spend three months with City before injury forced him to return to United. He then went back out on loan to Brighton & Hove Albion for the rest of United's disastrous 13-14 season

• 2014-15: After starting Louis van Gaal's first competitive game in charge against Swansea City, Lingard failed to get going at United and joined Derby County on loan in February 2015

• 2015-16: Lingard finally broke through in the Dutchman's second season starting 40 games in all competitions scoring six goals including a fantastic goal at Wembley against Crystal Palace after to win the Cup for United in extra time. It was their first major trophy since the retirement of Sir Alex Ferguson. Lingard was rewarded for his breakthrough with his first call up in November to the England squad

• 2016-17: Lingard proved himself as a Wembley specialist with goals in the Community Shield victory against Leicester City and EFL Cup final triumph against Southampton. He made a career-best 42 appearances for the club in Jose Mourinho's first year at Old Trafford, scoring five goals and becoming a fan favourite. Lingard's continued place in the United side saw him called up by England again, this time getting his first cap in a 2-0 win against Malta

• 2016-17: Lingard is rewarded for his status within the squad with a new four-year contract with an option to extend into a fifth

• 2017-18: Lingard's peak season in terms of goals scored coincided with a successful season for United who achieved their highest league position since the retirement of Sir Alex Ferguson. Lingard scored a memorable brace against Arsenal in a 3-1 win for United at the Emirates in which he celebrated with his now infamous Milly Rock. Lingard also bagged against rivals Chelsea in a season where he saw his current best goal return of eight goals

• 2018-19: Lingard only managed one goal in the ailing months of Jose Mourinho's tenure at Old Trafford, a consolation goal in the 3-1 defeat to Liverpool which sealed Mourinho's demise. He looked set to regain form when Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's first game saw Lingard net twice against Cardiff but this sustained resurgence never materialised and he eventually lost his place in the team

• 2019-20: As Solskjaer's contract became permanent, Lingard has lost his starting place and mainly features from the bench in the United side now. He is enduring a huge goal drought and didn't score a goal or register an assist in the entirety of 2019 in the Premier League. His sole contribution this term has been a Europa League goal against minnows Astana

By Chay Quinn
Lingard was ahead of his close friend Marcus Rashford in what was Southgate's preferred 3-5-2 formation.

Fast forward to the present day and Lingard looks set to be left out of Southgate's 23-man squad for the European Championship altogether.

Mason Mount, James Maddison and Callum Hudson-Odoi are just some of the players who have overtaken Lingard on the international scene since the Three Lions crashed out of the World Cup at the semi-final stage.

Lingard is still being selected to start for Manchester United despite the fact he failed to score or claim an assist in the Premier League during the whole of 2019.

Most managers would choose to discard a player who fails to deliver during an entire calendar year but Ole Gunnar Solskjaer believes he will be back to his best sooner rather than later.

Solskjaer said ahead of Tuesday's Carabao Cup fixture against Manchester City: 'Jesse has had his ups and downs, as I've spoken about before,' he said. 'But against City and Tottenham there were two examples of how important he can be for us in different games.

'We want him back scoring and making assists. No one runs as much and he's a great trigger for our pressing game. He's a lively bubbly character but I don't think you see as much social media from Jesse as you used to. He's got his head down, he's working hard and getting back to the Jesse I knew.'

The 27-year-old, who earns more than £100,000-a-week, was warned by Solskjaer to tone down his social media use after posting a video of his friend simulating a sex act on a bed.

Lingard wheels away in celebration after scoring a winner in the FA Cup final against Palace

Lingard exclusively told Sportsmail in December that he didn't mean to post the video to his followers as he meant to send it privately to his friends.

He said: 'It genuinely was a mistake to post it. I have a lot of young followers and I would never put that out there deliberately. It was an accident. I was meaning to send it privately to one of my friends. I was on a plane waiting to take off. Someone from the club texted me and said: "Take the video down".

'When I realised what I had done, my heart just sank into my stomach. I was like, "I am done at United now. This is the final straw".

'I was told the manager was going mad but I was in the air for two hours and literally couldn't do anything. When I got back I came in early to speak to the manager and apologise. He said I was on my last chance. He said I had to get my head down and that is what I have done. I am not stupid.

'There is no way I was going to let what I have at this club be taken away. On the whole I have cut down on my social media stuff now. You do what you have to do.'

Despite cutting down his social media activity, Lingard is still struggling in front of goal with his one-on-one miss against Watford highlighting his current deficiencies.

Sir Alex Ferguson predicted Lingard's skills would blossom at a late age because of his slight frame but he wouldn't have foreseen his rapid decline too.

Instead of being thrown straight into the deep end like Rashford, Lingard was farmed out on loan to Leicester, Birmingham and Brighton.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer continues to call on Lingard despite his nightmare calendar year

Louis van Gaal then gave Lingard his big chance by handing him his competitive debut against Swansea during the opening day of the 2014-15 season.

The Manchester United man suffered a severe knee injury just when it looked like Lingard was going to be given a consistent run in the team.

Lingard was shipped back out on loan in February 2015, this time to Derby where he scored two goals in 15 games for the Rams.

He later repaid Van Gaal's faith with an extra-time FA Cup final winner against Crystal Palace, which remains and will probably always be his finest moment in a Manchester United shirt.

A goal in the League Cup final against Southampton won Jose Mourinho's trust while Lingard's last Premier League strike came in Solskjaer's first game on December 22 when he netted a brace.

Lingard, who also revealed to Sportsmail that he had been affected by his mum's poor health, is still missing the magic which saw him become an England regular.

He now has just one more year on his current United deal with an option of a second if the club choose to take up the option.

The fact that Lingard has enlisted the services of agent Mino Raiola, which Sportsmail exclusively revealed, may hint at the fact that he is now thinking about life after United.

Raiola's main strength is facilitating moves for his clients with the likes of Paul Pogba, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Moise Kean in his talent pool.

The timing of his agreement with Raiola, an agent who has been highly critical of Manchester United, could mean they are testing the waters to see who would be interested in him come the summer.

Reports last week suggested Lingard could be used as a makeweight in a deal which would see James Maddison move in the opposite direction.

A fresh start might be exactly what Lingard needs unless he can rediscover his form between now and the summer.

If he doesn't then he might not have a choice over an Old Trafford exit.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7857081/Jesse-Lingard-lost-England-spot-Manchester-United-future-doubt.html
Old 17-01-2020, 08:22 AM   #269
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'I get really frustrated... his play in the final third isn't good enough': Louis Saha slams Manchester United forward Jesse Lingard before urging him to improve his end product

* Jesse Lingard has endured a torrid time of late for both Man United and England
* He has played just 867 minutes in Premier League this term after losing his form
* Louis Saha has slammed the English forward for not fulfilling his potential

Former Manchester United striker Louis Saha has labelled Jesse Lingard as frustrating to watch, claiming he desperately needs to improve his final product.

Lingard has endured a torrid time of late - featuring for just 867 minutes in the Premier League for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side this season - while also losing his spot in England's set-up.

And Saha, who scored 42 times for the Red Devils between 2004-08, has slammed Lingard by claiming he has not fulfilled his potential.

Jesse Lingard has endured a torrid time recently - losing his spot for both club and country. Former Manchester United striker Louis Saha has slammed Lingard's final product. The 27-year-old England forward has lost the faith of United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

'Jesse has a lot of energy and runs about a lot, but where he struggles is that he doesn't link up the play well enough and struggles with that final product,' the former French international told Bonus Code Bets.

'When I watch him play, I get really frustrated as he does a lot of things well, but his play in the final third isn't good enough, which is concerning for an attacking midfielder.

'He has a lot of talent and is a good player but struggles to get himself in the game sometimes and is unable to get himself in the right areas.

'When Jesse gets into the right positions, things will start clicking for him and he will get goals.'

The 27-year-old failed to register a single goal or assist in the whole of last year and has subsequently fallen down the pecking order at Old Trafford.

He appears to have lost the faith of United manager Solskjaer, who hauled him off at half-time in the humiliating 45-minute capitulation against rivals Manchester City in the Carabao Cup last week.

Lingard's contract at Old Trafford expires next summer and his future remains uncertain as he desperately looks to force his way back into contention for both club and country.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7895653/Louis-Saha-slams-frustrating-Manchester-United-forward-Jesse-Lingard.html
Old 04-02-2020, 08:28 AM   #270
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Jesse Lingard 'wanted by Atletico Madrid and Roma... and midfielder has not ruled out move away from Manchester United if it helps him get back to his best form'

* Jesse Lingard has just 18 months remaining on his contract and could leave
* The midfielder is open to the idea of leaving Old Trafford to further his career
* Lingard has struggled for form this season and scored just two goals in 32 games

Atletico Madrid and Roma are interested in making a summer move for Jesse Lingard, according to reports.

Lingard has struggled for form this season and has come in for criticism from fans and pundits after finding the back of the net just twice in 32 games.

The midfielder hasn't scored a Premier League goal since December 2018 and has only made six league starts since August.

United have held informal talks with Lingard's representatives over a new deal but, according to ESPN, the 27-year-old is open to a fresh start elsewhere.

The England international has noticed the extent of criticism aimed towards him on social media and in the press and feels a move abroad could be a good option.

Atletico and Roma have registered their interest with Lingard's agent, as well as super agent Mino Raiola, who acts as a consultant with the player's representatives.

Lingard's current deal includes an option to extend it by a further year, which the club may opt to do in another 18 months before making a long term decision over his future.

Atletico Madrid and Roma are reportedly interested in signing Man United's Jesse Lingard. Lingard has 18 months left on his United deal and is open to a move abroad to refind his form. Lingard has been criticised for failing to score a Premier League goal since December 2018

Last summer, United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer warned Lingard about his conduct after he filmed himself making crude comments while on holiday with friends.

His behaviour was criticised by several figures within the game and Lingard revealed to Sportsmail recently that he had been given a dressing down by Solskjaer.

The midfielder also suggested his form has been affected by his mother's battle with illness, which has seen his siblings move into his home.

However, Solskjaer has remained unimpressed with Lingard and was seen shouting 'one more time and you're f***ing off' after he gave the ball away multiple times in last week's Carabao Cup second leg win over Manchester City.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7961993/Jesse-Lingard-wanted-Atletico-Madrid-Roma-considering-abroad.html
mumpung masih ada peminatnya jual aja ke Atletico, kalo jual ke Roma ntar malah jadi jago lagi kayak Smalling

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 134
-Ybb3F-, Aba_MaczUnited, abishock, adnan44, aGhaa, ajier307, akbar15, aldysetiabudi, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, Alphin Ambo, aMieBeckz, Andi Istiabudi, AndreasBelitung, ardie febrianto, arnaldo_x1, asririzky, Aziiz_rachman, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, Bulma, chincarito, ChrisHerrera, clsenz, Deddy Hernandez, delongedee, demhyt, derry07cantona, De_Silvia, Dhanny09, dudut, ecly_watchaa, edoardo, eyeofday, fadilbedil, fajrinited, ferly_Liemz, fredrian.seven, giggs26, goodfron, gregoriussunu, Gustar_UIBontang, Gustiono, h-ANG, Haji Paidin, Hand_rooney, hariyant, hendiplast, HenryRooney07, herzgiggsy, hombreng, iamsetia, iam_adjie, id4y, ilz, il_capitano, indi30, irfan_mancunianred, irfan_thered, irhamutd, jarpop, jifortin, jojo poenya, jonajoni, Juni HW, junpriadi, Kurniawan Ani, Lang25, larukuga, Lucky_Cantona007, lutviarfiansyah, Mahesa_Jenar, marviel, Merahponod90, MichaelMU, MUFC1878, mygalzbiatch, ncut_lgx, NdeGue, Nemanje, NGqeEKznfi, normansyahrizal, octus, oldark, OSziXXoztn, paiman, panda777, penk22_, ravenscold, Rean, Red Devils 07, Red Stain, Redsbusby, revald, rio vander vidic, Riskur, Rizana, robby7beckham, ronald hars, Roronoa Rooney, RyanRezha, sepatu_ancur, serdadu merah, SR 7, stamansa, tapanoeliunited, tasho, Trezz Kiko, tri_roban, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, UNITED1878, united7, unitedlogy, UnitedNgawi, unreal, utdMaleoLuwuk, VaDLi, Van_Munandar, veibevriska, Victory, wahyou91, wazza ui, whoami, wira_ozora, Yayat Dg Kulle, zudomiriku