United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 07-10-2015, 10:24 AM   #1691
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: David Robert Joseph Beckham

Amieennnnnnnnnnnnnn...........

'MU Takkan Alami Puasa Gelar Seperti Liverpool'

Okdwitya Karina Sari - detikSport

Manchester - Manchester United memang sedang mengalami paceklik gelar juara Premier League. Meski demikian, David Beckham, meyakini bahwa MU tidak akan bernasib sama dengan Liverpool.

'Setan Merah' berangsur-angsur menjadi kekuatan utama sepakbola Inggris di bawah pimpinan Sir Alex Ferguson. Selama 26 tahun kepelatihan Ferguson, MU sukses meraih 13 titel juara liga sejak berubah format menjadi Premier League pada 1992.

Terakhir kali MU mengangkat trofi juara liga pada 2012-13, yang menjadi musim pamungkas Ferguson sebelum pensiun. Sepeninggal manajer legendaris itu, MU menjalani periode buruk di tangan David Moyes di mana Wayne Rooney dkk. cuma finis ketujuh.

Akan tetapi, seiring dengan kedatangan Louis van Gaal MU tampak membaik dan berhasil kembali ke papan atas di akhir musim 2014-15. Sedangkan di musim ini, MU memperlihatkan kemampuannya lagi dalam persaingan perburuan gelar juara.

Sementara itu, sang rival berat Liverpool sempat 'mengancam' MU dua musim lalu. Akan tetapi, justru di pekan-pekan terakhir The Reds membuat kesalahan sehingga kalah bersaing dengan Manchester City dan harus puas sebagai runner-up. Kegagalan yang memperpanjang puasa gelar Liverpool sejak terakhir meraihnya pada 1988.

Beckham membela MU selama 11 tahun sebelum hengkang ke Real Madrid pada 2003. Eks pesepakbola itu merasa optimistis dengan masa depan bekas klubnya itu.

"Aku yakin hal itu akan terjadi pada Manchester United," jawab Beckham saat ditanya apakah MU akan menjalani puasa gelar selama Liverpool seperti yang diwartakan ESPNFC.

"Aku tidak pernah berpikir bahwa kami tidak akan dapat bersaing untuk memenangi banyak piala karena ada terlalu banyak sejarah, ada terlalu banyak hal yang melekat pada klub ini untuk dilepaskan begitu saja seperti itu."

"Kami memang sudah dimanjakan selama lebih dari 20 tahun (era Ferguson). Kami sudah begitu banyak meraih sukses dan lalu manajer dan (eks chief executive) David Gill pergi, kemudian ada beberapa pemain yang pensiun seperti Scholesy dan Giggsy."

"Tidak penting klub apa, tidak penting berapa banyak uang yang Anda punya, akan selalu ada masa kering trofi. Tapi sayangnya ketika Anda Manchester United, Anda benar-benar tidak bisa seperti itu dan ada memang ada momen-momen yang sulit," imbuh salah satu figur sepakbola paling populer sejagat itu.
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 12:14 PM   #1692
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

David Beckham relishing being reunited with Sir Alex Ferguson for charity match

* Sir Alex Ferguson will take charge of the Great Britain and Ireland side
* Former Manchester United player David Beckham will be his captain
* Zinedine Zidane will captain the Rest of the World team at Old Trafford
* The opposition will be managed by Carlo Ancelotti on November 14

David Beckham says Sir Alex Ferguson is relishing the prospect of returning to the Old Trafford dugout.

The former Manchester United and England star will be reunited with his ex-boss when he manages a Great Britain and Ireland side in a charity match for Unicef on November 14.

Beckham will captain the team against a Rest of the World side led by Carlo Ancelotti and Zinedine Zidane.

David Beckham will be back at Old Trafford alongside Sir Alex Ferguson for a charity match - the white markings which can be seen on the grass are to mark pitch out for the Super League Grand Final on Saturday

'Since we announced this game we're already up to 60,000 tickets sold, which I am still pinching myself about,' he said.

'That's down to the boss and bringing him back to Old Trafford.

'It means so much to be bringing him back to the dug-out and is probably why we have had so much support from the fans.'

Beckham was asked if Ferguson, who retired in 2013, needed persuading to come back for the one-off game.

Beckham will captain the Great Britain and Ireland team that will be managed by his former boss Ferguson

'Not really,' he said. 'I still have a couple of contacts at the club, the manager personally I spoke to.

'The manager has always helped with these things.'

Beckham, who hung up his boots three years ago after a spell with LA Galaxy, believes Ferguson will soon be up to his old tricks.

'Pierluigi Collina is refereeing so I don't know how much he will want to shout at him,' he joked.

'But I know Sir Alex will be excited about it.

'It's for a great cause and I am sure each time he is in the stadium, he wants to be down there on the touchline, shouting at players and referees.'

Beckham joked that he may even repeat the famous incident from 2003 when his then boss, in a fit of rage, kicked a boot at his head in the dressing room.

'Maybe it is one of the things we can recreate,' he said. 'Somebody mentioned it. We'll see.

'The manager still has the hold over us that he has always had.

'As kids we would never drink in front of him or talk about nights out, and I saw him with a glass of wine in my hand a few weeks ago and I found myself hiding it behind my back!'

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3261992/David-Beckham-relishing-reunited-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-charity-match.html
Old 07-10-2015, 03:36 PM   #1693
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Keterangan resmi dari website United

BECKHAM RELISHING REUNION WITH SIR ALEX

David Beckham is looking forward to playing under Sir Alex Ferguson again at Old Trafford next month – even if he admits the former Manchester United manager still instils fear in him!

Beckham will play at the Theatre of Dreams in a special charity game on 14 November to raise money for UNICEF, with Sir Alex managing a Great Britain & Ireland XI and taking on world legends such as Zinedine Zidane.

It’s 12 years since Beckham left United for Real Madrid, but he retains huge respect and admiration for the man he still calls "the boss".

"To have Sir Alex Ferguson as the manager of the team in this game is very special," Beckham told a press conference at Old Trafford. "He’s one of the most decorated managers in the history of the game, and he’s the man who gave me the opportunity to play for a club that I’d supported for so many years.

"The manager still has that hold over all of us that he’s always had. I saw him a few weeks ago and we always went through this as kids. We’d never drink in front of the manager or talk about a night out in front of him. But I found myself in a room with him holding a glass of wine and the manager came over to talk to me, so I started hiding my glass of wine behind my back!

"When you are a kid, you need someone to look up to, someone to aspire to be. I left London at a very young age and I needed a father figure and he was that person. It’s what his reputation is all about – that fear, but he's also a man that you have so much respect for, that you want to win for and want to play for. I don’t think that will ever go away, that is just how it is."

Beckham revealed Sir Alex didn’t take much persuading to take on the role and believes his return to the Reds’ dugout, two years after he retired, is a big factor in how quickly fans are snapping up tickets for the game.

"We're up to 60,000 tickets sold, which I can't believe," Beckham added. "It's down to the support of the boss – bringing him back to the dugout means so much to so many people. It's a dream for Manchester United fans and it's one of the reasons we’ve had so much support from fans all around the world.

"He’s a Manchester United legend and it wouldn’t have been right without him. Thankfully, he was able to say 'yes' and I am very excited."

Beckham cannot wait to run out at Old Trafford again, two years after calling time on his own glittering career.

"I’m excited to be back at Old Trafford. Any time I can, I love coming back here – it still gives me goosebumps," the former no.7 said. "After retiring, I didn't think I would be putting my boots on again!

"To be able to host a game here for a great cause is very special. It is something I'm very proud of. I have to say a big thank-you to Manchester United for their support, because games here are special and sacred."

Source : http://www.manutd.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Andi Istiabudi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2015, 04:04 PM   #1694
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Beckham Antusias Tunggu Aksi Scholes dan Zidane di Old Trafford
Kris Fathoni W - detikSport

Manchester - Bulan depan Paul Scholes dan Zinedine Zidane akan berada dalam satu lapangan walaupun di kubu berbeda. David Beckham tak sabar menantikan laga di Old Trafford tersebut.

Pada tanggal 14 November mendatang Old Trafford, markas Manchester United, akan menjadi pentas dari sebuah pertandingan amal demi penggalangan dana untuk UNICEF.

Dua tim akan berhadapan di laga itu yakni tim Inggris Raya dan Irlandia di bawah arahan Sir Alex Ferguson dengan Beckham sebagai kapten dan tim Dunia yang ditangani Carlo Ancelotti dengan Zidane sebagai kapten.

Beckham mengulas laga tersebut secara khusus mengenai Scholes dan Zidane, dua mantan rekan setimnya yang sama-sama pernah dikenal sebagai gelandang top dunia.

"Sulit membedakan keduanya karena keduanya merupakan sosok yang tenang. Tetapi ketika mereka ada di atas lapangan, talentanya tidak terbantahkan," ucap Beckham dalam wawancara dengan Squawka.

"Aku cukup beruntung untuk tumbuh dengan Scholesy (di MU), dan kemudian cukup beruntung pergi ke Real Madrid dan tiga tahun bermain bersama pemain terbaik yang pernah tampil bersamaku (Zidane)."

"Keberadaan kedua pemain tersebut di lapangan yang sama secara bersamaan pada bulan November depan akan menjadi sebuah sajian yang cukup luar biasa," tuturnya.

Pada saat masih aktif bermain dulu Zidane dan Scholes sempat berjumpa beberapa kali baik di level klub maupun tim nasional masing-masing. Duel bulan depan boleh jadi tetap menarik walaupun keduanya sudah tak lagi muda; Zidane lahir di Prancis 43 tahun lalu sedangkan Scholes kelahiran Inggris 40 tahun silam. Pertandingan amal nanti akan dipimpin Pierluigi Collina, seorang wasit yang juga ternama pada eranya.
Old 07-10-2015, 04:05 PM   #1695
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Kisah Beckham soal Segelas Anggur dan Efek Rasa Takut dari Sir Alex
Kris Fathoni W - detikSport

Manchester - Untuk David Beckham, sosok Sir Alex Ferguson tetap memberi pengaruh sama seperti ketika pria 73 tahun tersebut masih jadi manajernya di Manchester United.

Beckham, yang merupakan salah pemain top hasil binaan Sir Alex, meninggalkan MU tahun 2003 lalu. Saat ini pria Inggris berusia 40 tahun tersebut bahkan sudah pensiun bermain.

Pun demikian, hasil gemblengan Sir Alex rupanya masih membekas sekali untuk Beckham. Menjelang reuni keduanya dalam sebuah partai amal di Old Trafford tanggal 14 November depan, Beckham pun berkisah tentang sosok yang masih disebutnya sebagai "manajer" tersebut.

"Manajer (Sir Alex) masih punya pengaruh tersendiri kepada kami semua, seperti yang dulu ia miliki," kata Beckham seperti dikutip Daily Star.

"Saya berjumpa dengannya beberapa pekan lalu dan rasanya seperti saat kami masih bocah dulu. Kami dulu tidak pernah minum minuman keras di depan dirinya atau membicarakan acara jalan-jalan malam kami di depan dirinya."

"Tetapi ketika itu aku sedang berada di sebuah ruangan dengan memegang segelas anggur lalu ia mendatangiku dan kemudian menyapa, jadi aku langsung menyembunyikan gelas anggurnya di belakang punggungku!"

"Itulah efek dari reputasinya--rasa takut, tapi ia juga seorang sosok yang membuat Anda amat menghormatinya, Anda ingin bermain dan menang untuk dirinya. Saya pikir hal-hal itu takkan sirna, memang begitulah," tuturnya.
Old 08-10-2015, 11:09 AM   #1696
Andi Istiabudi
manager

OPINION: WHY DAVID BECKHAM IS A CREDIT TO UNITED, FOOTBALL AND HIMSELF

ManUtd.com's Mark Froggatt pays tribute to our former no.7 and his remarkable work with UNICEF...

Much has changed in the life of David Beckham since he left Manchester United in 2003, though the Class of ’92 graduate has retained all of the defining characteristics that originally made him a star during his trophy-laden career at Old Trafford.

Yes, back then, the poster boy of English football was already a global star whose shirt was worn by fans, whose boots were bought by aspiring players and, in a true recognition of fame, whose haircuts were ordered by envious men with aspirations to look like their favourite footballer. Yet somehow, Beckham has since flown beyond the realm of superstardom to become a bona fide icon around the world, rubbing shoulders with sporting greats like Michael Jordan, Roger Federer and Usain Bolt.

You could even argue that he’s the most famous person on the planet, known in every household in every country and continent around the globe. Seriously, beside perhaps Barack Obama and The Queen, or recent phenomenons Taylor Swift and Kim Kardashian, does anyone have a higher profile than Becks?

But despite his fortune, the brand and those designer briefs, David remains a polite, humble and dignified man with two feet firmly on the ground, which is a testament to his parents and a family who shaped his childhood in east London. This much was abundantly clear during Tuesday’s press conference to promote his ‘Match for Children’, an upcoming exhibition game at Old Trafford that he has organised to raise money for UNICEF with a little help from UN secretary-general Kofi Annan - an unlikely contact back in 2003.

At precisely 1:30pm, David strolled into the Europa Suite in his trademark suit to greet the attending media with a cheery “good morning”. Quickly realising his mistake (and the time), a swift “sorry, it’s afternoon” was delivered with a shake of the head and an explanation that “it’s been a long day already”. It was completely excusable, however, given he’d already conducted dozens of repetitive interviews with the same degree of energy and enthusiasm. That may sound easy, granted, and particularly if you work down the mines, but you try telling the same stories over and over again in a manner that looks spontaneous and carefree. It’s surprisingly taxing, but he did it with the hope of selling more tickets and his efforts are paying off, with more than 60,000 already sold for his charity match.

The press conference ensued and Beckham answered each question with a glint in his eye, clearly happy to be back at Old Trafford where it all began and, in some cases, speaking to reporters who have documented his entire career in print to this point. There were some he hadn’t seen in years and, in a nice touch, he asked how they were before providing his response to their query, which is seldom seen from many who frequent the top table during these sorts of events.

Although the next 20 minutes were dominated by talk of Sir Alex Ferguson, United and Ryan Giggs, it’s important to remember this was no ordinary press conference and Beckham has organised an extraordinary charity event, using his own high profile to help vulnerable children around the world. He isn’t doing it for personal gains and he definitely doesn’t need the press – he’s just trying to help.

This is not unusual for Beckham and is true to his recent form, but the former England captain still deserves credit for his actions – especially in an era when some footballers are stereotyped as a free-spending, egotistical narcissists living in vast mansions with a collection of sports cars parked along the driveway. Sure, that may be true for a minority, but not for the man who regularly tops the sport’s rich list and has more endorsement deals than anyone. Switch your TV on tonight and you’ll probably see him in an advert with US comedian Kevin Hart, advertising menswear!

Cast your mind back to January 2013 for an example of Beckham’s generosity, when he signed a five-month contract with Paris Saint-Germain and quickly promised to donate all of his earnings to a French children's hospital in the local area. He even wrangled with the French fiscal authorities - which took months - to ensure the reported £3.4million fee was donated without being taxed by the government.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic was a team-mate in Paris and the Swedish sensation, known for his colourful personality and fiery temper, had nothing but positive words to say. “Since I came to Paris it has been the most attention I’ve had, wherever I’ve been,” he explained. “The press followed me everywhere and talked about me everywhere, so when Beckham came he got all of the attention and that was good! As a person he was also amazing. The one who has negative things to say about him is either jealous or hates him, because there are simply no negative things to say about him.”

Beckham’s remarkable character has undoubtedly been shaped by Eric Harrison, Sir Alex and everybody who mentored him during his United career, but above all, he remains a credit to himself and his work with UNICEF must be celebrated as much as his many other achievements.

Arise, Sir David.

The 'Match for Children' will kick off at 15:00 GMT on 14 November 2015. Tickets cost from £20 (adults) and £10 (under-16s) and are now on sale at www.manutd.com/tickets.

Old 08-10-2015, 11:17 AM   #1697
alfiandrmwn
captain
Div. Kreatif

Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
alfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to behold
Visit alfiandrmwn's Facebook Visit alfiandrmwn's MySpace Visit alfiandrmwn's Twitter Visit alfiandrmwn's YouTube

Tinggalkan MU, Beckham Akui Tekniknya Makin Terasah

Bola.net - David Beckham mengungkapkan bahwa setelah meninggalkan Manchester United dan gabung Real Madrid, teknik bermain sepakbolanya mengalami peningkatan.

Beckham bermain selama 11 tahun bersama Manchester United. Pada tahun 2003, ia hengkang ke Santiago Bernabeu untuk membela Madrid.

Dalam wawancaranya bersama Squawka, Beckham ditanya apakah para pemain Inggris bisa mendapatkan keuntungan dengan bermain di luar negeri. Pria berusia 40 tahun itu mengatakan ya. Pasalnya, ia sudah merasakan sendiri tekniknya semakin meningkat usai pindah dari United ke Madrid.

"Saya mengalami perubahan secara teknik ketika saya pindah ke Madrid. Saya rasa mereka memang bisa mendapatkan banyak hal dari bermain di luar negeri. Hal itu membantu permainan mereka dalam banyak hal," tutur Beckham.

"Contohnya ketika saya pindah dari United di Premier League ke Madrid di La Liga. Secara teknik saya harus mengubah permainan saya dan perpindahan itu mengharuskan saya berubah banyak, dan saya rasa saya melakukannya setiap saat," terangnya.
alfiandrmwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 12:09 PM   #1698
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Hengkangnya Beckham dari Madrid berimbas terhadap karirnya bersama timnas Inggris...

Terungkap, Alasan David Beckham Tinggalkan Real Madrid

David Beckham meninggalkan Manchester United dan bergabung dengan Real Madrid pada musim panas 2003. Namun, Beckham tidak selamanya di Los blancos karena pemain asal Inggris tersebut hanya diikat kontrak selama empat musim.

Bersama Real Madrid, David Beckham, telah memenangi dua gelar bergengsi yaitu La Liga pada 2006/2007 dan Supercopa Espana pada 2003. Suami dari Victoria ini berhasil mengangkat kepopuleran Madrid selama bergabung.

"Saya banyak menghabiskan banyak waktu indah di Madrid dan tidak bisa diungkapkan dengan kata-kata. Mungkin, momen terindah adalah ketika saya masuk ruang ganti dan bertemu dengan Zinedine Zidane, Raul Gonzalez, dan Ronaldo. Saya juga tidak lupa dengan gelar La Liga yang kami menangi," ujar Beckham seperti dilansir Marca.

"Saya hengkang dari Real Madrid karena hanya terikat kontrak empat musim dengan Florentino Perez. Ketika Perez pergi, tidak ada pembicaraan baru dengan saya untuk memperpanjang kontrak," lanjutnya.

Kemudian, Beckham bergabung dengan klub Major Super League (MLS), Los Angeles (LA) Galaxy. Bersama LA Galaxy, pemain yang saat ini berusia 40 tahun mencatatkan 98 penampilan dan mencetak 13 gol. Selain itu, Beckham juga pernah membela AC Milan dan Paris Saint-Germain (PSG).

Source : http://www.sportsatu.com
Old 09-10-2015, 04:46 PM   #1699
alfiandrmwn
captain
Div. Kreatif

Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
alfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to behold
Visit alfiandrmwn's Facebook Visit alfiandrmwn's MySpace Visit alfiandrmwn's Twitter Visit alfiandrmwn's YouTube

Tunjukkan Kemajuan, United Buat Beckham Senang

Bola.net - Manchester United di bawah asuhan Louis van Gaal perlahan menunjukkan kapasitas yang sebenarnya. Sejak ditangani manajer asal Belanda musim lalu, Wayne Rooney cs dinilai semakin baik dan kompak.

Mereka bahkan kini sudah bertengger di posisi ke-3, hanya terpaut dua poin dari Manchester City di puncak klasemen.

Hal tersebut membuat legenda The Red Devils, David Beckham, senang dan memutuskan untuk terus datang ke Old Trafford demi menyaksikan para pemain bertanding. "Saya akan datang dan menyaksikan tim ini bertanding," ujar Beckham seperti dilansir Squawka.

"Untuk melihat sejumlah pemain muda, kami harus datang dan mendukung tim ini. Saya pikir jelas sekali kalian bisa melihat apa yang manajer sedang lakukan," tambah pria 40 tahun itu.

Sementara itu, berbicara mengenai kekalahan telak dari Arsenal pekan lalu, pria yang pernah bermain untuk Real Madrid dan Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) itu mengatakan bahwa hal tersebut sudah dilupakan oleh tim.

"Hasil buruk kami terima pekan lalu, tapi kami dengan sangat cepat melupakan hasil tersebut." pungkas suami Victoria Beckham itu.
alfiandrmwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2015, 10:37 AM   #1700
Andi Istiabudi
manager

BECKHAM: MANCHESTER WILL ALWAYS BE HOME

Back at Old Trafford to launch a special charity match, David Beckham discusses living in Manchester, playing for Sir Alex Ferguson and raising vital funds for UNICEF...

How excited will you be to play at Old Trafford again next month?
I’m really looking forward to it. I retired three years ago and never thought I’d be getting my boots out again apart from with my kids! But the fact I’m doing it for such a great cause and a good reason, plus the fact that I am being supported by players I played with in the past and managers I have so much respect for, means a lot to me. The fact we’re doing it at Old Trafford is very exciting. What we’ve done is tried to create a game that is important for people to play in and for people to watch. I think people will be excited to see some of the players that are playing.

Sir Alex Ferguson will manage your team in the charity match. What will it be like to play under him again?
Obviously he is my favourite manager I ever played for. He gave me the chance to play for the team I’d supported my whole life and the success we had there was all down to him as a manager and the players we had. To have Sir Alex involved in this is something that you can only dream of and I really want to thank him for being part of this. It’s great to have someone who is so respected and one of the most decorated managers in football history part of something that is so important to so many children around the world.

How will it feel being back in Manchester and can we expect to see you curl home a trademark free-kick?
We’ll have to wait and see on the free-kick! [Laughs] Being back in Manchester is always special for me. I spent 12 years in Manchester from a very young age and I have only great memories. I always love going back and taking my kids to games. It’s just one of those places which will always be home for me.

The match will be raising money for UNICEF. Tell us more about your work with UNICEF and how this game will help them achieve their goals...
UNICEF has been important to me for a number of years and being an ambassador for them is something I’m very proud of. I’ve been doing that for just over 10 years now and have been working with UNICEF for about 13 or 14 years. My first time working with them was actually with Manchester United in Thailand. I sat down with UNICEF about a year ago and we discussed creating a separate fund, the '7 fund’ which raises money for children all over the world with difficulties and in different situations. 2014 was one of the darkest years and most difficult for violence against children, over 15 million were affected. I’m very passionate about raising funds and shining a light on situations for children around the world and that’s why we are organising this game. There is no bigger and better way of doing such an event than at a club where I was very successful and spent so many years. To have the support of a club like Manchester United which is one of the biggest clubs, if not the biggest club, in the world is fantastic, as is the support from friends like Zinedine Zidane, who I played with for many years, and the two managers Carlo Ancelotti and Sir Alex.

What was it about UNICEF that made you want to get involved with the charity?
They do so much and are the most successful organisation for helping children around the world so when Kofi Annan called and said we’d love you to be an ambassador I didn’t think twice. I felt very honoured because I love the organisation. They save so many children and help so many around the world and you know exactly where the funds are going.

Finally, what would you like to say to everyone who is coming along to the game next month?
It’s definitely going to be a fun day for families. These games are all about bringing children along, grandparents… it’s all about having fun and seeing players that have played at the top of their game for so many years. It’s a pleasure for me to be going back to Old Trafford, being managed by one of the greatest managers of all time, against a team being captained by one of the best players of all time and managed by Carlo Ancelotti. It will be a very special day. I hope people come out and support a great cause because that’s what it’s all about – it’s about raising funds for children all around the world and shining a light on situations they’re in. But I also hope people come and enjoy themselves.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 254
-Ybb3F-, Aba_MaczUnited, abdul rahman, adefebsa, adittelor, aldorioclev23, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, Aman, amed_aja, aMieBeckz, and1, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, andrydjemb4, andy kurniawan, Ardiey11, arief rachman, Arland00, arymashuda, Aso Chrisjefta, asririzky, ayahocta, Ayunda, azisfirdaus, babol cantona, bambang.hariyanto, bang_zak, beckz_on7, bhowz, big_ganz, billywarouw, binsar p sigalingging, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, bmanutd, boimKosim, bombom, BQbgGHbqbp, bs_brew, Bulma, cep23cms, chest, crazygurlz, CRj, d10neladitya, daitze, dannyboy, Deddy Hernandez, DeE_, dee_vee7, dekepiks, delongedee, Dera Riesta S, derajulio, DeriEdmon17, dery pramudito, der_emperor, desta swegenk, devil_heart, Dhie_Cantona07, dhodoadrian, dibi, Didin, dudut, dwi.cleverley23, dyan_giggs, ebiTh, ecly_watchaa, edroid, Eka UPC, eliasinc, emunx keane, endhy_cantona, eyeofday, eying26, fadilbedil, fajrinited, fatzzjoe, Febert Wuisang, febza, Federico27, ferly_Liemz, fetem, fey777, fikrirf, finza_13, FirdaAnnisa, Fitransyah Putra, franky winata, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, FZwrLUcoom, GeaErang, GentaP, ghopoereds, giggs26, Gledies Anggy, goodfron, Gustar_UIBontang, Gustiono, h-ANG, Haji Paidin, Hand_rooney, hdhe16, hendiplast, hendrabulk, hendrikYP, HenryRooney07, herzgiggsy, HRHMU86, iamsetia, iblismerah, id4y, ing areese, ipay, irfan_mancunianred, irfan_thered, Ivank, iyyye, janettlamz, jifortin, Johnny Depp, jratualang, Juni HW, JustDenny, JustUnited, khazuhiro, kingherooney, King_Cantona, kykyba7, LAM ILHAM, Lang25, leo aryo, Les Diables Rouges, liwaul hamdi s, loveUNITED, lusiarha, Mahesa_Jenar, marsel david, mayarararocks, MCR7, MichaelMU, mikhail vidic, MUFC1878, mygalzbiatch, naufalhilmy, ncut_lgx, NdeGue, nofi_redsarmy, novanprihasa, octus, oldark, ollacarla, omink_08, Oom Panda, OSziXXoztn, paiman, pelz, penk22_, petetdidi, pongsamma, prahmono, pukimax, pung91, Pure_red, qlkeucoit67, Rean, Red Army, reddevilmaniac, redit, Redsbusby, red_girl_mia, revald, Ricky_urban, rio vander vidic, riska ramdhani, Riskur, rizkyawan, rizluq, rndr_UICSumenep, robby7beckham, ronald hars, ronysnaja, roodee_UID, Ryan Smith, s.h.a.r.a.z, saka7, sanji0ne, scratch, sepatu_ancur, Septiansyah, setiawans001, smile_boy, SR 7, stamansa, steve.crowford, sugeng99pramono, SuperBecks, swareksa, Syarifeghy, Tamanaro, tasho, taz_devil_utd, teukurevi5, Tevan, theater of dream, Theresia Intan, Thomas, TomEnrico, tovanokristan, Trezz Kiko, tumpal_oneunited, UBENK 444, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, uicb-dyz, unai cantona, UNITED1878, united7, unitedlogy, unreal, utdMaleoLuwuk, VaDLi, vankyoet, Vanz Wazza, Van_Munandar, Victory, waynehanks, wazzapoetra, wazza_ampuh, Welki red devils, Wengge Schmeichel, wimastio.aryo, wira_ozora, xkeiszglf34, yacub budi, YRgoFManpm, yusufdian, zan_mufc, zeavhere, zircon tri hafid, zizitchy, zudomiriku