United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 01-09-2009, 05:17 PM   #21
theater of dream
Come on beibeh......

Thanked 1,219 Times in 846 Posts
Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
theater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant future

Visit theater of dream's Facebook Visit theater of dream's Twitter
Default Berbatov said

Berbatov pernah bilang, Rooney is more talented than Ronaldo...
please give your factual opinion.....
theater of dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 05:29 PM   #22
inside_united
academy
-

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
inside_united Ready for being a real United Indonesia

Default Re: Berbatov said

I need quotation, sources before opinion is thrown out.

And which Ronaldo are we talking about? The fat Ronaldo or the "BIMBO-LOVING" one?
inside_united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 06:06 PM   #23
theater of dream
Come on beibeh......

theater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by inside_united View Post
I need quotation, sources before opinion is thrown out.

And which Ronaldo are we talking about? The fat Ronaldo or the "BIMBO-LOVING" one?
You must read more news....
did berb ever talk about Brazilian Ronaldo??
Old 01-09-2009, 07:54 PM   #24
inside_united
academy
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by theater of dream View Post
You must read more news....
Are you suggesting that I'm not well informed then?

Quote:
did berb ever talk about Brazilian Ronaldo??
He probably did but not in the manner of comparing him with Rooney of course, and you should have take the hint that, that was a joke. Duh!

All I ask was the source of Berba's statement, coz you drew the blood right. I probably should read more but untill then I hope you would be kind enough to provide me with the kind of source that I asked. AND PLEASE, I BEG YOU.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:16 PM   #25
theater of dream
Come on beibeh......

Quote:
Are you suggesting that I'm not well informed then?

He probably did but not in the manner of comparing him with Rooney of course, and you should have take the hint that, that was a joke. Duh!

All I ask was the source of Berba's statement, coz you drew the blood right. I probably should read more but untill then I hope you would be kind enough to provide me with the kind of source that I asked. AND PLEASE, I BEG YOU.
That was just Berb's statement but we can see how was rooney playing lately....
Old 01-09-2009, 09:15 PM   #26
Shorrty
reserve player
-

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Shorrty will become famous soon enough

Haiyah pada ngomong apaan sih... hwhweehhehehe

good thread bro.. ask in english, answer in english too..

tapi bener juga klo ada sumbernya.. ataw berita yg menunjukan itu lebih afdol lagi..

so Lanjutgan..!!!
Shorrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:59 PM   #27
inside_united
academy
-

Quote:
That was just Berb's statement but we can see how was rooney playing lately....
Every statement have to be quoted to be able to get to other people right ? [read: transmitted] In this case, the statement gets to you, so you must have read it from somewhere. Can you please state the media in which Berba's statement was quoted, or did you just heard him saying in television?

I know that I might seem pushing it a little too far, but the complete statement would greatly help to put our perspective in context. But if you can't tell the source, we have to start with assumptions rather than facts.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:56 PM   #28
theater of dream
Come on beibeh......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorrty View Post
Haiyah pada ngomong apaan sih... hwhweehhehehe

good thread bro.. ask in english, answer in english too..

tapi bener juga klo ada sumbernya.. ataw berita yg menunjukan itu lebih afdol lagi..

so Lanjutgan..!!!
http://www.manutdtalk.com/berbatov-r...n-ronaldo/569/
sebelum nya gw juga pernah baca di the sun
Old 01-09-2009, 11:02 PM   #29
theater of dream
Come on beibeh......

Quote:
Every statement have to be quoted to be able to get to other people right ? [read: transmitted] In this case, the statement gets to you, so you must have read it from somewhere. Can you please state the media in which Berba's statement was quoted, or did you just heard him saying in television?

I know that I might seem pushing it a little too far, but the complete statement would greatly help to put our perspective in context. But if you can't tell the source, we have to start with assumptions rather than facts.
http://www.manutdtalk.com/berbatov-r...n-ronaldo/569/

“Ronaldo was a fantastic player for us and I’m sure he will be very good for Real Madrid,” the Bulgarian told The Sun.

“But, for me, our biggest talent is and always was – even last season – Wayne Rooney.

“He is an incredible talent and will be one of the best players in Europe for many years to come.

“The scary thing with Wayne is he’s four or five years off his peak and, when you see the level he’s at now, that is almost impossible to get your head round.”

At just 23 years old, Rooney is already regarded as one of the best support strikers in Europe. His natural born talent, together with his work ethic and never-say-die attitude make him one of he Premier Leagues most feared opponents. And as Berbatov quite rightly points out, the best is yet to come.

Berbatov believes it’s his love for the game that sets him apart from the rest, and his unwillingness to hog the media spotlight allows him to focus on football.

“Wayne just loves to play football, it was what he was born to do and you can see that. He is not concerned about any of the glamour that goes with it,” Berbatov continued.

“He amazes us on the training pitch almost every day and his hunger seems to get bigger with every game.

“His attitude and love for the game reminds me of a child who could spend all day in the park with nothing but a football.”
Old 02-09-2009, 06:52 AM   #30
inside_united
academy
-

PART 1 of 2

Great! I don't know if Berba was saying that just to encourage Rooney and convince himself and the rest of the team that they will be fine after CR left. So far, all he's done is talk, talk, talk and talk, we haven't see any real improvement in terms of the team plays or goals scored since his arrival. Sure United won the league for the 3rd time in a row, but last season wasn't due to his prowess wasn't it? But that is another issue and I'm not going to go on about it. All it constitute though was that I'm not entitled to believe on what the Bulgarian had said.

So here's my take

I'm not quite big on Ronaldo, although I acknowledge that his contribution was one of the best I've seen since a long time in a United shirt. However, I always felt that the United team that was built around him by Sir Alex has its fair share when it comes to winning games.

Perhaps it was just coincidence that Ronaldo blossomed into a premier scoring machine after WC 2006, or it may have been waiting on the wing for quite some time before he unleashed it in that 2006/07 season, or perhaps Sir Alex knew what he was doing back then when he sold RvN. The fact is that Ronaldo upped his game that season, and has since became the main protagonist in a United team who went on and won three consecutive league titles along with a Champions League medal in three season. During that period, Ronaldo scored a lot of goals, one of the best scoring record in the modern era, if not the best in a United shirt. He picked up a lot of individual silverwares as well, notably the Ballon D'Or and FIFA Player of The Year Award of 2008. That was no small feat by any means, tough act to follow.

But Ronaldo has always been a controversial figure since he allegedly had a bust up with RvN back in 2005/06 season. His involvement in Rooney's sending off, his glamour lifestyle, the alleged sex party with Nani and Anderson, dating with celebrities, car accident you name it. But these are things that happened out of the pitch. But he was just as controversial on the pitch with his antiques, protests, dives, tricks and arrogancy [although when he was still with us, many of us called it CONFIDENCE].

And if United fans was always had the same admiration and adulation for the likes of Eric Cantona or Roy Keane, we weren't fully on the same page when it comes to Cristiano Ronaldo. We were divided; some of us saw him as the top dog, the savior, the new Cantona, the legend who you cannot question while others acknowledge him as a great player for United, cheering him occasionally but nothing more than that. There were also a few that won't just be bothered, their view was "as long as he scored we will close our eyes on many other disappointment that he might have caused".

One thing that we won't have an argument about him is that he is good looking, and because of that many women or girls are craving for him [even gays].

Ronaldo was, and still is, regarded by many as one of the best. Johan Cruyff once stated that the Portuguese is even better than George Best, and you won't argue with that after he broke Bestie's record for the most goals scored by a non-striker in a United shirt. And how many record has he broke? A lot that is. If you won't buy Cruyff, then Wenger, Benitez, Kaka, Schuster, and many others have been on the record telling you that Cristiano Ronaldo is a great football player, if not the best.

The 80 million pounds paid by Real Madrid will further upped his reputation, and how do you top that? Well, as for the record breaking fee, I can certainly say that Rooney won't be able to surmount it. But does that mean that talent wise, Rooney is a lesser one compared to Cristiano? No, I don't think he is.

Ronaldo is a more developed player than Rooney, I can tell you that. And he is closer to his peak, if not already, compared to Rooney. At their current respective game, Ronaldo is a more dependable player to win you games. And I believe, SAF realize this as well. Ronaldo's progression was certainly accelerating more than Rooney's.

Back in the 2005-2006 season, the whole United team was rubbish, Keane was retiring and there were no real driving force in the team. United can't even pass the group league stage in the Champions League. But it was Rooney and not Ronaldo that carried the United team to a second place position despite finishing 8 points behind the winner, Chelsea. Rooney also scored 2 goals in the Carling Cup final. His first major trophy with Man United. Where was Ronaldo? His real highlight in the season was his alleged bust-up with Ruud van Nistelrooy.

But Rooney's season with United ended when Paulo Ferreira tripped him on the game between the two title contenders on April 29th, 2006. Rooney broke his metatarsal and was a doubt for England in the World Cup 2006. That summer, Rooney did play for England in the World Cup but he would received another blow when he was sent off in a match against Portugal, involving his teammate none other than Cristiano Ronaldo.

Entering the 2006/07 season, Ruud van Nistelrooy was sold to Real Madrid. Media hinted that the assumed fight in a training session the season before was largely the main reason to offload United's leading goalscorers in Europe. However, we knew that he was not being used by Sir Alex way before the alleged bust up happened. Media was in frenzy, nobody took United seriously. With their main goalscorer gone, what could United do? How would they challenge for the title? As great as Rooney is, he was 21 at the time and his emotions still got the better of him more than enough times that could harm his team rather than helping them.

But Sir Alex and Cristiano Ronaldo had another idea. It turned out that Ruud's sale wasn't as poor calculation as everybody thought it would be. Ronaldo, fresh from the World Cup, full of confidence after carrying his team to the semi-final, turn on the lights. He scored goals after goals and before everyone realized it, United were crowned England Champion with him becoming the joint-top goalscorer alongside Wayne Rooney [23 goals each]. United were also flirting with the treble after reaching the FA Cup final and Champions League semifinal but lost on both occasion.

I wasn't convinced though. I always thought that on that season, Ronaldo benefitted from Ruud's departure. He was given more space and freedom to roam upfront, becoming more of a wing-forward that is usually used in a 4-3-3 scheme although United didn't quite played in that particular formation. He simply didn't required to have a responsibility on the defensive end. And moreover, he rarely showed up on the big matches against bigger opponents. Notably, the match against Milan where Kaka imposed his credibilty as the best player in the world by "teaching United a lesson in football".

Ronaldo's free role also meant that Wayne Rooney was sacrificed to the flank. With no real centre forward in the mold of Ruud, Rooney wasn't at his best playing alone upfront but it wasn't that he had a bad season. He upped his scoring record to 23 from the previous 19 the season before. But of course, Ronaldo's progress will always look more amazing since he operates from the wing position. And while that's not been always the case, it was clear that Ronaldo was listed as a winger, self-acllaimed a winger and therefore to score goals in that amount will always be deemed remarkable.

He continued his great form in the following season. At the end of the season, Ronaldo's goalscoring record in the League [31] was more than anyone ever scored for United in a single season. He was also the top goalscorer in the Champions League that season, and in all, he scored 42 goals in that season. United also won the Double, bringing a back to back Premier League championship and the third Champions League title in the club history to Old Trafford. Like it or not, that was a legendary stuff.

But the critics remained, especially the claim that he rarely shows up in big matches against bigger teams. Although he chipped it a bit with a good performance and a great goal against Chelsea in the Champions League final, I cannot give him more than that. One good performance against one of the big teams does not constitute that he has broken the duck.

He started the 2008-09 season rehabilitating his ankle after a surgery. He didn't play a single competitive match until mid-September. Still he picked up where he left off quite quickly and ended up scoring 26 goals in total for the season. United won its 3rd consecutive league title but failed in his bid to become the first team to win the Champions League consecutively since the new format was introduced.

So fair play to Cristiano, he scored a lot of goals. And by a lot, I really mean a lot. It wasn't a small feat. And to be able to do that as well as being the larger contributors for United's titles in the past three seasons is quite remarkable in itself. And he trully deserved the individual awards he grabbed a year before.

But to trully see through Ronaldo's so called "imperfection", I don't need to dig deep. I only have to present the last two Champions League final in which United were involved. I said that he played great in the first of the two, scoring a great header against Chelsea when United dominated the game. But he also failed to show up in the second half and missed a penalty in the shoot-out. Although you may argue that without Ronaldo's goal United won't be able to be in that position, from my perspective that was just another evidence where Ronaldo isn't the man that rises on the biggest of matches. He did likewise in the last final against Barcelona, looking very much a threat when United had the possesion and going forward but couldn't offer anything when we were out-possesed by the slick-passing Barcelona team. Think of Zidane in the final of 2002 Champions League, think of Zidane in the World Cup 1998, think of Ryan Giggs in the 1999 FA Cup semi-final, think of Roy Keane in the 1999 Champions League semi-final, think of Maradona in the World Cup 1986 semi-final and you will see what I'm talking about.

Cristiano Ronaldo was a weapon for United. Sir Alex Ferguson deployed him as one of the best and deadliest weapon we've ever had and it worked just perfect. The goals and the silverwares tell you all the stories. But he's not the main man that you could turn to when your team is in trouble. True that Ronaldo may broke the duck a few times for United, but it was never done in a situation where United have been dominated by its opponents. The scenarios has always been like this: United were chasing a goal, we dominated but we couldn't find a goal, Ronaldo came in and he scored a goal [probably the winning goal]. Now compare that to Roy Keane's 1999 Champions League semi-final performance.

Last edited by inside_united; 24-09-2009 at 08:51 PM..

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 146
Aba_MaczUnited, ad13t, AdhiX, alfafianjihan, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, amed_aja, aMieBeckz, and1, Andi Istiabudi, arymashuda, b4kul, bang_zak, beckz_on7, benatbenat, bimbim, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, bombom, bucay deathbat, Bulma, christof_ww, cicit, climen_7, dannyboy, Deddy Hernandez, DeE_, dery pramudito, der_emperor, dhodoadrian, dibi, donal'nani'syafroni, dudut, ecly_watchaa, edhowin, Efri Loebay, endhy_cantona, f3bry, fadilbedil, fadnaticdevils, fajrinited, FauCAN7ONA, febza, ferly_Liemz, fey777, fikarsoegiharto, fikrirf, finza_13, FirdaAnnisa, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, goodfron, h-ANG, hairos, hendiplast, HenryRooney07, hzent, iamsetia, icalace, id4y, ing areese, irfan_mancunianred, irfan_thered, irfi_1, irhamutd, jaxians, jifortin, jonajoni, kaikai, kingherooney, King_Cantona, llvfe444, MadeForGlory, Mahesa_Jenar, marsel david, MichaelMU, MUFC1878, ncut_lgx, NdeGue, Nemanje, neoradtz, Nickz09, novanprihasa, octus, oldark, ollacarla, penk22_, pukimax, Rean, red, Red Stain, Redsbusby, red_girl_mia, Rendi Pardi, revald, reza willya, Rhw, rio vander vidic, Rizana, rizluq, ronysnaja, ruffy3rd, scholesy18, scratch, sepatu_ancur, seven7, smile_boy, SR 7, tamiCarrick, taz_devil_utd, teha, teukurevi5, theater of dream, tienli80, tovanokristan, Trezz Kiko, Triguna Wibawa, tri_roban, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, uicb-dyz, ukie, UNITED1878, united7, unromantic_dio, VaDLi, vanquish, Van_Munandar, Victory, VitaChicharito, vivasoilsolid, wahyou91, waynehanks, Wengge Schmeichel, whoami, wimastio.aryo, wira_ozora, zeavhere, zudomiriku