United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 05-10-2009, 08:38 AM   #11
rondwisan
udah sebelas yaa :)

Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,701 Posts
Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Visit rondwisan's Facebook Visit rondwisan's Twitter
Default Re: John O'Shea

03/10/2009 18:00 - ManUtd.com, Gemma Thompson
Interview: John O'Shea

Last term Sir Alex hailed John O’Shea as one of his men of the season. He's now notched 350 Reds appearances, but the Irishman still has plenty he wants to achieve…

On a personal front, was last season your best in a United shirt and perhaps even your career?
Possibly. It’s a close one between the last campaign and my first full season in the team [in 2002/03]. Winning the league for the first time that year was very special, but then winning the league, getting to the Champions League final and playing the majority of the big games last term was fantastic. It probably just edges it.

Having spent a large part of your career at left-back, do you now see right-back as your set position?
At the moment, yes, but it could easily change. If the manager keeps picking you then you know you’re doing the right things. But you can never rest on your laurels at this club because the competition for places is so fierce.

It’s nearly 10 years since your senior debut – what has been the highlight of the last decade and if you could relive a game, which would it be?

[Pauses] Hmmm, that’s a hard one. I feel very fortunate to have played in so many successful squads and picked up so many trophies, and I’d probably say winning my first title medal has been the best moment. In terms of reliving a game, I’d say last season’s Champions League final so we could put things right. Hopefully we’ll be able to make up for it this season.

Is there extra determination to do well in Europe after what happened in Rome?
Definitely. Winning the competition in Moscow in 2008 was an amazing feeling and getting back to the final was something we were determined to repeat. We did that, but fell at the final hurdle. The motivation is there to go one step further this time. With the squad we have we’re definitely capable of doing that. I’d love the opportunity to play in another final and, of course, finish on the winning side. It was an amazing experience to start last season’s final, but you have to do the business on the night and unfortunately we didn’t. Nonetheless, playing in a game of that importance is what you work towards throughout your career and hopefully it’ll happen again.

Are Barcelona the team to beat again this season?
You’d have to say so. The age of their team and their vast experience make them very strong, but we don’t feel like we have anything to fear. We know the result in Rome could easily have gone the other way and it could have been our night. Real Madrid have obviously spent a lot of money and spent well! Internazionale look a better team and I’m sure Chelsea will be there or thereabouts, while Liverpool have great experience in the competition as well. So there are a few teams in with a good chance.

The other question… What’s your favourite Irish sport? A fan of Gaelic football and hurling, we hear…
Yes, I follow both. I used to love playing Gaelic football, but to watch I’d say hurling has the edge. My dad is from Kilkenny and they have the ultimate hurling team – they’ve won the All-Ireland title more times than any other side, including the last four. Myself, my mam and my brother are all from Waterford and we’ve been a bit starved of success! Hurling is a very intense sport and the determination, skill level and bravery the players show are a joy to watch. A good hurling game is as good as any game in the world.
rondwisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:04 AM   #12
pelz
reserve player
Tim #ANU

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
pelz has a spectacular aura aboutpelz has a spectacular aura about

semoga performanya terus meningkat...
salut dengan pemain serba bisa ini.
pelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 07:56 AM   #13
rondwisan
udah sebelas yaa :)

Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,701 Posts
Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Visit rondwisan's Facebook Visit rondwisan's Twitter

Quote:
"The last 10 years have been brilliant. I’m grateful to the boss, my team-mates, the staff, the fans and family and friends for their support. To have played in so many successful squads and won so many trophies has been amazing."

- John O'Shea
06/10/2009 08:24, Report by Gemma Thompson
Johnny goes marching on

A decade on from his senior debut - 13 October 1999 v Aston Villa - John O’Shea reflects on ten stand-out moments

4.8.99 Pre-season – Wigan Athletic 0 United 2 | A chance to shine
I’d come on as a substitute for David May the day before during a friendly with Omagh Town and I did the same again at Wigan. My competitive debut at Villa in the League Cup was a very proud occasion, but also a real eye-opener. We lost 3-0 and the manager was not very happy – the hairdryer was in overdrive that night!

23.4.03 UCL QF 2, United 4 Real Madrid 3 (Agg 5-6) | The Figo nutmeg
This was just an amazing game to be part of. Madrid had some unbelievable players in their side – Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos – they were the first Galacticos and the holders of the trophy at the time. People always ask me about my nutmeg against Figo – it was just instinctive. The chance arose and I took it!

11.5.03 Barclays Premiership, Everton 1 United 2 | Title glory
The champagne was certainly flowing on this picture – it was a first winners’ medal for all three of us! This was an unbelievable day - probably the stand-out moment of my career so far. What made it even more special was the way we’d come back to win the title after being written off earlier in the season.

22.5.04 FA Cup Final, Millennium Stadium, United 3 Millwall 0 | Up for the Cup
Fletch looks about 10-years-old on this photo! This day means a lot because it’s the only FA Cup final I’ve won. We’d beaten Arsenal in another classic semi-final at Villa Park, but Millwall had been on an unbelievable run to get to the final and we knew we had to perform well. Thankfully we did and Ronaldo - wow, he looks really young on this photo too! - in particular put in a very special performance.

1.2.05 Barclays Premier League, Arsenal 2 United 4 | In chipper mood
The shock on my face stayed there for a while after the final whistle after this goal! I remember the ball being played down the line to Louis [Saha] who flicked it into Scholesy and he spotted my run inside. I had a feeling the keeper was off his line so I went for the chip and thankfully it dropped in.

4.2.2007 Barclays Premier League, Tottenham Hotspur 0 United 4 | In safe hands
I look terrified don’t I! The game was over by the time I was called upon to go in goal after Edwin had gone off injured, so I felt fairly confident. I remember coming out and flapping at a couple of crosses, but I was really pleased with my tackle on Robbie Keane when we were one-on-one - if any of our keepers want advice they don’t just have [goalkeeping coach] Eric Steele to call on, they have me as well!

3.3.2007 Barclays Premier League, Liverpool 0 United 1 | Kop that
Technically this isn’t the best goal I’ve scored, but in terms of importance it’s up there with the one against Arsenal in last season’s Champions League semi-final and is definitely one of the best moments in my career. It was a huge win for us and was a sickener for our rivals given how late we scored. Two months later we were champions.

29.4.09 UCL SF 1, United 1 Arsenal 0 | Gunned down
To score the winner in a Champions League semi-final was an amazing feeling. It was just an instinctive finish. A corner came in and was only half cleared. Michael [Carrick] fired it back into the danger area and when it dropped to me I just smashed it home.

27.5.09 UCL Final, Stadio Olimpico, Barcelona 2 United 0 | Reds in ruins
Personally, this was a bittersweet night. It was an amazing experience to start a Champions League final – playing in a game of that importance is what you work towards throughout your career, but ultimately it ended in disappointment. Barca will definitely be one of the favourites for the trophy this season, but with the squad we have we’re definitely capable of challenging again.

16.8.09 Barclays Premier League, United 1 Birmingham City 0 | Leading the way
Captaining United in the opening game of the season as champions was a huge honour and something I’ll always cherish. The Birmingham win set us on our way to what could turn out to be a very special season. We’ve won three titles on the trot and we’ve got a great chance of getting a fourth.
rondwisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:50 AM   #14
Supernan
first team
dope

Thanked 1,534 Times in 637 Posts
Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Supernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of light

Wah ga kerasa O'shea udh 1 dekade d United. Skrg udh jd reguler pula d 1st team. Calon" pemain loyal neh brng fletch n rooney.
Posted via Mobile Device
Supernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:42 AM   #15
otonk reddevilz
first team
Hijrah, Insya Allah Berkah

Location: Pisang Epe' | Pallubasa | Coto | Konro Bakar | Pantai Losari
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
otonk reddevilz is a splendid one to beholdotonk reddevilz is a splendid one to beholdotonk reddevilz is a splendid one to beholdotonk reddevilz is a splendid one to beholdotonk reddevilz is a splendid one to beholdotonk reddevilz is a splendid one to beholdotonk reddevilz is a splendid one to beholdotonk reddevilz is a splendid one to beholdotonk reddevilz is a splendid one to behold

Visit otonk reddevilz's Facebook Visit otonk reddevilz's Twitter

Salut dengan pemain satu ini...
10 tahun bersama dengan United serta disiplin menjalankan tugas di berbagai posisi berhasil di emban oleh O'Shea..kalo nggk salah doi pernah juga jadi kiper dadakan yach..CMIIW..salah satu permain serba bisa..
otonk reddevilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:45 PM   #16
marsel david
captain
I'M BACK!!

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
marsel david is a name known to allmarsel david is a name known to allmarsel david is a name known to allmarsel david is a name known to allmarsel david is a name known to allmarsel david is a name known to allmarsel david is a name known to all

wah ga kerasa juga O'shea udah 1 dekade berseragam United..
salah satu pemain united yang luar biasa nih..
semoga karirnya di United semakin cemerlang

When Johnny goes marching down the wing,
O'Shea, O'Shea,
O'Shea, O'Shea,
The Stretford end will f*****g sing,
We all know that Johnny is gonna score...score...score...
marsel david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 11:47 PM   #17
hendiplast
captain
ONE OK ROCK - The Beginning

Thanked 1,534 Times in 978 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
hendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to behold

Manchester United's John O'Shea hungry for more success as defender celebrates decade at Old Trafford

O'Shea made his United debut in October 1999 in a League Cup defeat at Aston Villa.

There have been periods since when he looked destined to leave Old Trafford, but approaching Saturday's Barclays Premier League encounter with Bolton, the Waterford-born defender has amassed 352 appearances for the Red Devils to more than justify his decision to stay.
Manchester United's John O'Shea in action against Wolfsburg

'I don't want to look back on my Manchester United career,' he said. 'Fingers crossed there is lots more to come. I knew if I was going to leave United I would have a great grounding. The education was terrific, not only in terms of football, but maturing as a person.

'But when you look back, I guess everything has worked out okay so far. Long may it continue.'

'It worries me,' joked O'Shea. 'I used to think I was quite young. Obviously you know the years are ticking by because of the age of the lads coming into the squad and the amount of games you have played.

'I have been fortunate enough to be captain as well. You know you are maturing and getting that bit older.'

O'Shea has a growing collection of trophies as tangible reward for his loyal service, as well as a few notable achievements, including playing in more Manchester derbies than Gary Neville.

'That is obviously a good thing,' O'Shea added. 'It means you are playing in the important games. I don't know what my record against City is, although I have missed a few open goals.

'Overall, it is a good achievement for someone to stay 10 years at a club like Manchester United and to be involved in a lot of games and win some great trophies. Now I just want to continue and be a part of the team.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz0TvR62KRM
hendiplast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2009, 03:57 PM   #18
hendiplast
captain

hendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to behold

O'Shea Lupakan Masa Lalu
Hendra Mujiraharja - Okezone

MANCHESTER - John O'Shea menjalani karir yang naik turun bersama Manchester United. Kini, bek asli didikan akademi Red Devils itu sudah melupakan masa lalu dan lebih menatap karir masa depan bersama United.

Ya, O'Shea melakukan debut bersama Red Devils pada saat melawan Aston Villa, dalam sebuah laga Piala Liga, Oktober 1999. Sejak saat itu, O'Shea menjadi salah satu punggawa andalan Sir Alex Ferguson.

Pemain kelahiran Waterford itu sudah menghasilkan 352 laga. Kendati, masa depannya bersama United memang sempat dipertanyakan, namun O'Shea tidak memperdulikan hal itu.

"Saya tidak mau melihat masa lalu dalam karir saya bersama Manchester United," papar O'Shea dikutip Sky Sports, Kamis (15/10/2009). "Masih banyak prestasi yang bisa saya persembahkan buat tim ini."

"Saya sadar bila saya meninggalkan United, saya akan mendapatkan karir hebat. Namun, ketika saya melihat ke belakang, saya mengira semua berjalan dengan lancar," lanjut bek asal Republik Irlandia itu.

O'Shea sempat mendapatkan kehormatan menjadi kapten United, pada laga pembuka Premier League melawan Birmingham. Namun, hal itu justru sempat membuatnya khawatir.

"Hal itu sempat membuat saya khawatir," tambah O'Shea. "Anda tahu Anda memang akan menjadi seorang dewasa. Namun, saya sudah terbiasa berpikir saya masih pemain muda."

"Secara keseluruhan, itu merupakan penghargaan bagus buat seseorang yang sudah 10 tahu berkarir di klub seperti Manchester United. Kini, saya ingin melanjutkan karir dan tetap menjadi bagian dari tim ini," tandas pemain 28 tahun itu.

(hmr)
Old 09-11-2009, 06:24 PM   #19
marsel david
captain
I'M BACK!!

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
marsel david is a name known to allmarsel david is a name known to allmarsel david is a name known to allmarsel david is a name known to allmarsel david is a name known to allmarsel david is a name known to allmarsel david is a name known to all

Defeat will galvanise us

The Reds may have felt a real sense of injustice as they left Stamford Bridge on Sunday night, but John O'Shea believes the defeat will now inspire a long unbeaten run.

O'Shea admitted to feeling 'terrible' after seeing United lose out to a controversial John Terry goal 14 minutes from time despite dominating for long periods of the game.

The Irishman says the Reds can take heart from their solid display against the Blues and insists it's imperative United hit those heights again over the coming weeks.

"We hate losing games and we know that we now have to go on a great run," O'Shea told MUTV.

"The international break comes at a bit of a bad time - you'd prefer to have another game a few days later to help put the defeat out of your mind. There's a bit of a sour taste left, but hopefully we'll get over that.

"Not many teams come to the Stamford Bridge and dominate games. We had great spells in the game where we had Chelsea really pinned back and we caused them problems on the counter-attack as well, but our final ball or shot just didn't go for us and we were lucky at times as well.

"We stuck to our game plan very well and were the better team.

Unfortunately we didn't get what we deserved."

O'Shea was particularly disappointed by the performance of the match officials who failed to spot Didier Drogba's foul on Wes Brown as Terry headed home Lampard's free-kick, which O'Shea feels should never have been awarded.

"We didn't think it was a foul in the first place [Fletcher on Ashley Cole] - Fletch went in and came out with the ball," he declared.

"The ref's angle of it and the Chelsea players' reaction won them the free-kick. And then Wes was clearly fouled by Drogba as the ball came in. The referee's position was terrible - he was stood right behind one of the Chelsea players and was too far away to see it.

"Lots of decisions seemed to go against us - I crossed the ball towards the end and Lampard clearly stuck his arm up [to block it].

"It was just outside the box, but the linesman was ten yards away and surely had to see it. The little things just didn't go for us and we're very disappointed in that sense."

Reds eye unbeaten run

"We hate losing games and we know that we now have to go on a great run. The international break comes at a bit of a bad time - you'd prefer to have another game a few days later to help put the defeat out of your mind. There's a bit of a sour taste left, but hopefully we'll get over that."

- John O'Shea
marsel david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2009, 09:11 AM   #20
hendiplast
captain

An ode to John O’Shea

Whilst fans hotly debate the comings and goings of January’s upcoming transfer market, lest we not forget the true heroes of football. John O’Shea comes as no better example. For many the loveable idiot within United’s international set-up, O’Shea is now approaching his tenth season with United. Rant marks O’Shea’s anniversary in all his glory.

A fan’s favourite, O’Shea is also a regular fixture at international level with the Republic of Ireland.O’Shea is probably the most versatile player ever to grace the modern game, having played in goal in United’s famous 2007 win at White Hart Lane. The Irishman also played up-front, scoring the the winner, at Anfield in the same year. A feat that should not be underestimated as the game was pivotal to United finally clinching the title that season.

The 28-year-old has dabbled in central midfield and, though a centre half by trade, seems more accomplished in the right wing-back role. If that was O’Shea’s rite-of-passage he should be relieved to have finished the ordeal. But there seems little in O’Shea’s character to suggest that he minds too much. As long as he is involved, he is happy. The true glory of O’Shea.

Ferguson has rewarded the attitude, with the manager now placing the Irishman as United’s first choice right-back, ahead of the England’s incumbent and teammate Wes Brown.

Brown, magnificent prior to another recent injury lay-off, has lost his place in the starting eleven to O’Shea. Youngster Rafael, with such raw talent, has been unable to displace Ireland’s key defender, and even the club-Captain Gary Neville must now play second fiddle.

The Waterford-born star is also one of the few United players to rarely be troubled with injury throughout his time at the club. It’s a feature of O’Shea’s make-up that has become extremely useful for Sir Alex Ferguson.

O’Shea recently past 350 appearances for United, and is not far from surpassing the Scot Arthur Albiston, who made 485 appearances. That would, almost unbelievably, place O’Shea 10th on the all-time United appearances list.

Trivial facts that should not be underestimated. Many players have an instant impact at Old Trafford but are just as easily forgotten. Dwight Yorke, for example, was at times a superb player for United but lacked the inherent quality to maintain his level for many years. Performances on the pitch are key for Ferguson, with Yorke’s ‘character’ a point of friction for the Scot.

O’Shea, a model of complete professionalism, deserves significant credit. To have survived at Old Trafford for so long, Sir Alex must must not doubt for a moment his capabilities.

Yet it is obvious that O’Shea is not the most gifted player to have pulled on a United shirt. But that is not to doubt the Irishman’s impact – amid too many Prima Donas, there simply aren’t enough John O’Shea’s.

http://www.unitedrant.co.uk/?p=4135

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 14
adesaktiTRK, Andi Istiabudi, arief rachman, Blacklist7, Deddy Hernandez, jonajoni, NdeGue, penk22_, Rean, rio vander vidic, UdyMUFC, UNITED1878, zudomiriku