United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 29-06-2018, 11:45 PM   #171
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Bryan Robson

Padahal Robson sebenarnya lebih dikenal sebagai legenda United

Former Sheffield United boss Bryan Robson to lift lid on career at £60-a-head London bash

Former Sheffield United boss Bryan Robson is to lift the lid on his career at a special event in London.

Robson, who spent less than a year in charge at Bramall Lane, has been announced as guest speaker at the £60-a-head bash which will take place on September 4.

The 'Story Of My Life' event is limited to just 80 people and will see Robson talk candidly about his life on and off the field, his playing career and move into management.

Best known for his days playing for England and Manchester United, Robson earned 90 caps and scored an impressive 26 goals for the national team.

He also captained the side on 65 occasions, with only Bobby Moore and Billy Wright leading the national side more.

During his 13-year career at Manchester United, he made 345 appearances and scored 74 times. He is the club's longest serving captain and in 2011 was appointed a Global Ambassador for the Old Trafford side.

Fabian Cowdrey, director of organisers CowCorner Events commented: “We are delighted to have secured Bryan Robson as our second guest speaker.

"He is a true sporting great with an incredible profession career that lasted for 22 years, 571 appearances, and saw him score 115 goals.

"In that time he was part of the team that won the Premier League twice, FA Cup three times and the European Cup Winners Cup once.”

The exclusive event, open to just 80 people, will be held at Beaufort House in Chelsea. Taking the format of a sofa style interview, interspersed with some TV clips from his career, the evening will be compered by former England cricket captain, Chris Cowdrey.

Fabian continued: “What we are creating is an intimate event, where those attending will feel part of the conversation, both during the main discussion and in the Q&A at the end. It is an opportunity for people to meet and engage with their sporting heroes and heroines.”

Robson was appointed at Bramall Lane in a blaze of publicity in May 2007 following the resignation of Neil Warnock.

But his stay was a short and unhappy one with a string of poor results leading to his dismissal in February the following year.

www.yorkshirepost.co.uk
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2018, 07:08 AM   #172
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

ROBSON: A TIME TO DIG TOGETHER IN THE TRENCHES

Bryan Robson has endorsed Jose Mourinho’s show of passion at Old Trafford on Monday night and called on everybody at Manchester United to adopt a siege mentality in the face of adversity.

The Reds were beaten 3-0 by Tottenham Hotspur on a difficult night at the Theatre of Dreams. Afterwards, Mourinho decisively walked onto the pitch to applaud supporters in all four stands of the stadium, before pausing in front of the famous Stretford End to show his respect and appreciation for a crowd that had stayed to clap a beaten team off the pitch.

Robson knows just how powerful that connection with the crowd can be and our former club captain is defiant about United’s start to the season, highlighting this as a time to fight in the trenches.

“We have got to stick together because nobody outside of this club is going to stick with Manchester United,” said Bryan on MUTV. “If the fans are not encouraging the team, the more the media are going to jump on the bandwagon and hammer the team even more.

“This is a time when you dig in together in the trenches, pull for each other and get that confidence back. The lads have got to put more hard work in, but with the squad of players we have got we can turn this around.”

Expanding on his point, Robbo continued: “That is what is great about Man United fans, since I have been at the club, at least. When you are having a bad time they are still behind you, and if you are having a good time they don't get carried away. The fans are always terrific and I thought that was a great response from them.

“When you get beat 3-0 at home, it is good to have the fans staying loyal and true to you because it is a long, hard season. There is a long way to go yet.”

United will travel to Burnley on Sunday on the back of consecutive Premier League defeats, away to Brighton and at home to Spurs. Robson is confident the Reds will return to winning ways at Turf Moor and get back on track.

“The lads, not just the manager and his staff, have got to get the best of themselves and show a great team spirit, if they want to get out of this and get back to challenging at the top of the league,” Bryan explained on The Paddy Crerand Show.

“All they need to do is win the next game, change it that little bit, then the confidence starts coming back, injured players return, the fitness of the players is that little bit better and, all of a sudden, things can come together very quickly.”

On the subject of recent media scrutiny, Robson feels the criticism from the press has in general been too harsh, but he accepts it is an inevitable part of representing a successful club like United.

“For 30 years, the media has wanted to hammer us because of Sir Alex's success,” Bryan said. “But then we won the FA Cup and then Jose comes in, and wins three trophies in his first year. So to not win anything last season and begin this season with two defeats in the first three games, the media are loving it, because they have been used to seeing Manchester United achieve success so much.”

www.manutd.com
Old 13-09-2018, 02:24 AM   #173
Andi Istiabudi
manager

ROBSON AND ANDERSON ATTEND ANTI-RACISM EVENT

Former Manchester United team-mates Bryan Robson and Viv Anderson attended an event in Manchester this week in support of Show Racism the Red Card.

The UK’s anti-racism educational charity was formed 22 years ago by Ged Grebby and its annual Wear Red Day aims to increase awareness about racial equality in sport and society.

Robson and Anderson were in attendance at the Midland Hotel to help promote the day, which takes place in England and Wales on 19 October and in Scotland on 5 October.

“We're hoping that everyone will join in as much as they can,” Robson said. “It's a worthy cause and there's no room for racism within sport or within the country, so we're supporting that today.”

“It's really important and that's why we are here today,” Anderson added. “I’ve given my time to come here and champion Ged’s cause because that’s going to benefit everybody connected with football.”

Grebby spoke to MUTV about how footballers past and present can help raise awareness in young people about stopping racism in sport and in everyday life.

“It’s got even bigger and during the World Cup we had fantastic support from a whole range of top, world-class footballers,” Grebby said.

“To have Gareth Southgate and the England squad involved in the campaign was amazing, so current players as well as ex-players are really important to get the anti-racism message across in society.

”I think there has been a big change in attitudes of young people and adults in fighting racism,“ Grebby added. ”But there is still a big job to do. We’ve got a lot more work to do.

“Racism is on the rise around Islamophobia and anti-immigration, so we need to look at those two areas and work to combat racism.”

Robson was at West Bromwich Albion at the same time as Cyrille Regis, Brendon Batson and Laurie Cunningham, who went on to be known as 'The Three Degrees'. The former United captain saw first hand the abuse they were subjected to during a time when racism in football was commonplace.

“I grew up with Cyrille, Laurie and Brendon at West Brom and I could see how bad racism was in those days, in the late 70s. I think it’s improved dramatically over the years and long may that continue,” he said.

“Some of the letters that the boys used to get were outrageous,” Robson added. “People on the terraces had banana skins and the lads had to go through a lot.

”But they were the ones that started kicking racism out of football and they did a fantastic job as ambassadors for black players.“

This year marks the 40th anniversary of Anderson making his debut for England. The former United defender was called up to the national team by Ron Greenwood in November 1978 and it was a historic occasion as he became the first black player to represent the Three Lions on the international stage. It is a moment the 62-year-old remains proud of.

“Clearly, it was a big thing, as everyone keeps reminding me,” Anderson said. “I've been doing nothing but interviews over the last couple of weeks!

”Yes, it was a great achievement and I'm very proud to be the first. To be the first in anything is something to be proud of, so I'm very honoured and proud to be a part of that.“

After their playing careers ended, Robson and Anderson became manager and assistant manager at Middlesbrough in the 1990s and remain close friends now, admitting the event was a good opportunity to catch up.

“It’s always good to catch up with your ex-team-mates,” Robson said. “We worked together at Middlesbrough and he’s a good lad. He hasn’t changed at all; he’s not quietened down or anything and it’s always great to catch up.”

“We’ve not stopped chatting since we got here,” Anderson added. “It’s good to catch up with old friends and Bryan is a good mate of mine.”

Alongside Robson and Anderson at the event in Manchester was the chief executive of the Professional Footballers' Association, Gordon Taylor. The former footballer has worked with Show Racism the Red Card and the Kick It Out campaign over the years.

“Gordon is here and he’s done a speech and I think it’s important that he says to his members that racism is not acceptable in this day and age, in 2018,” Anderson said.

“It’s really important that we all stick together, and we get on and enjoy the beautiful game that we all love.”

www.manutd.com
Old 04-10-2018, 10:54 AM   #174
Andi Istiabudi
manager

On the anniversary of his 1981 transfer to United, Bryan Robson tells the revealing story behind his move from West Bromwich Albion...

“Ron Atkinson had been rebuilding the West Brom side and I readily accepted greater responsibility. In the summer of 1981, I had looked forward to an increasingly important role, but by the time I returned from an end-of-season tour with England, Ron was no longer the manager.

“He had been lured to Manchester United as successor to the sacked Dave Sexton. The Albion players didn’t want Ron to leave, but I understood why he was attracted to the job. United were an enormous club, with the kind of resources Albion couldn’t match. Ron was ambitious and he’d been offered one of football's greatest challenges.

“We were getting on well but Ron had said nothing about the possibility of a move and made no suggestion that he'd like me to join him. There were doubts in my mind about Albion’s future and their prospects of becoming a genuine force in the game. I had been convinced by one of the directors, Tom Silk, that the board had the ambition to take the club to the next level. Mr Silk was the money man at Albion but, tragically, he was killed in a plane crash and it seemed to be that the club wasn’t the same without him.

“Some of the hunger and desire were missing. We were standing still. Len Cantello, like Steve Bruce one of the best English players to have never been capped, left for Bolton. When they sold Laurie Cunningham to Real Madrid I thought, ‘Hold on a minute. Aren’t we supposed to be building a team? How are we going to replace Laurie?’

“The unrest in the Albion camp was obvious to the media and soon speculation arose that I would leave. I was linked with a number of clubs, notably United and Liverpool. Ronnie Allen wanted me to stay and I was offered a new long-term contract at West Brom worth a basic £1000 a week. It was a fabulous offer for those days, but as much as I wanted the best for my family, money wasn’t my main motivation. I simply wanted to be a winner. I decided I would turn down the transfer and ask for a transfer.”

“There was a general assumption that I would be following Ron Atkinson to Old Trafford, but it was Remi Moses, another of our midfield players, heading for United that September in a £500,000 deal. United had discussed with Albion a possible package for Remi and me, yet I was still unable to get my release. I had to be patient – and so had United. Albion had held out for £2million, but eventually accepted United’s bid of £1.5million, which was a British record transfer fee.

“I left The Hawthorns with mixed feelings. West Brom had been great to me from the day I first went to the club. I made lifelong friends there. If I hadn’t had ambitions to win trophies, it would have been a fantastic place to spend the rest of my career. The local press, who had championed my cause to play for England, were now hammering me. I was dubbed a ‘Judas’, a ‘money grabber’ and much, much worse. That hurt because I felt I had played my part for the club, never given less than 100 per cent, and I still didn’t even know what my salary at United would be.

“Ray Marts, once my supporter-in-chief, turned on me just as the other local men did. It was ironic when, a couple of months later, he quit the Birmingham Evening Mail to join the Daily Mail. Whether his motivation was money or ambition I don’t know, but he felt it was the right career move for him. He now concedes I have a point!”

“I knew that once the clubs had reached agreement on the transfer, United would not have much of a problem persuading me to sign. They were prepared to pay a record fee, so I was sure the personal terms would be satisfactory.

”When we arrived at Old Trafford, I wasn’t disappointed. Martin Edwards offered me more than I had hoped for – £2,000 a week. The financial details were tied up and there were no hitches with the medical. It was a pity we missed the five o’clock deadline for me to be eligible to play that Saturday, but I was relieved all the wrangling had finished.

“The following day I was officially introduced as a United player at a press conference and on the Saturday formally signed on the dotted line, out on the Old Trafford pitch before United’s home game against Wolverhampton Wanderers. A crowd of nearly 47,000 game me a fantastic reception.“

“The fans have been great to me ever since, even when I returned with a visiting team. I was beginning to understand the scale of the move and the challenge ahead. I wasn’t so much nervous as excited. This was an opportunity any club would relish – huge club, huge stage, huge fan base, huge in every respect. I sat at a table, flanked by Ron and the club, pen poised, smiling for the cameras.

“I’ll never forget that day and I’ll never be allowed to forget the pictures. I’ve had so much ribbing over the years because at the time I was one of the many footballers sporting the perm look. The reason I had my hair permed was for convenience, not for fashion. It used to be a nightmare when I had a shower after training. I don’t really regret it though.

“My hair was standing on end as I watched my new team in action from the stand that day at Old Trafford. They absolutely murdered Wolves. Sammy McIlroy, supposedly one of the players whose place was under threat because of my arrival, scored a hat-trick. After United’s stunning performance other people were no doubt thinking, as I was, ‘How am I going to get into this team?’”

The extract above is taken from Bryan Robson's 2006 autobiography, Robbo.

www.manutd.com
Old 08-12-2018, 07:12 AM   #175
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Bryan Robson making a return to Middlesbrough

IT’S coming up 25 years since Bryan Robson shocked the football world and took over as manager of Middlesbrough.

To mark the silver anniversary the England and Manchester United legend, know as Captain Marvel, will be back in Boro to remember his memorable time in charge of the club, as he attracted some of the biggest names in football to join him on Teesside.

Robson will appear alongside BBC Tees radio presenter Paul ‘Goffy’ Gough at the Dormans Club, Oxford Road in Middlesbrough on January 23.

The link with Steve Gibson would herald one of the most famous periods in the history of the club – seven years in which the pair attracted players and reaching heights that fans had only once dreamed of.

Robson recalled: “I remember the very first thing I spotted was the youngsters on my drive around town were wearing Manchester United shirts and other club tops and I wanted to address that instantly.

“It was the first thing that triggered me off and it was the number one priority to see a quick change – and we did.

“It was a totally different world for me as I had just arrived from Manchester United where we wanted for nothing. Ayersome Park was on its last legs and was starting to show signs of decay – that was something else we made a top priority to change.

“Myself and Viv Anderson would spend many a night travelling around the Teesside area attending functions and putting the club in front of the locals. It was needed and the fans just felt like the club was very much theirs – that should always be the case.

“At first I was player/manager and it was then that I could really feel the massive passion the fans had for the club.

“Back at the old Ayresome Park, the Holgate end was often rocking and they noise the fans created was very special – we were all in it together and that is why even almost 25 years on it still has a very special place in my heart – and always will.’’

He added: “They were fantastic times and I am so much looking forward to spending time with fans and friends when I get back to Boro next month.

“It will be a night devoted to Boro and the memories of that very special period for us all. It was a real rollercoaster – a really unforgettable period of my life.

“Juninho, Ravanelli, Ince, Merson – the list is endless and I will talk about everything from my seven-year period. People always ask about my relationship with Terry Venables during a difficult period and it is something I never shirk from.

“The fact that myself and Goffy will be on stage for the duration of the evening means that we can cover everything – the highs and the disappointments.

’I still look out for Boro’s results every week and I am often back to see the many friends that I met there.

“I would love to see Tony Pulis take the club back into the Premier League and it is always a real joy to be in the company of Steve Gibson.

“We still share nights out and we love remembering that unique period. I often meet Boro fans and they will regularly tell me how they would love to go back and re – live some of those magical times.’’

An Evening with Bryan Robson, presented by Goffy Media, takes place at the Dormans Club, Middlesbrough on January 23, 2019. Tickets are £25 and includes a hot supper.

Tickets are available online at www.wegottickets.com/goffymedia via the Dormans Club, Oxford Road, Middlesbrough or by calling 07990 – 588 424.

www.thenorthernecho.co.uk
Old 11-01-2019, 03:39 PM   #176
Andi Istiabudi
manager

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CAPTAIN MARVEL !!!

Old 11-01-2019, 05:41 PM   #177
Andi Istiabudi
manager

THE MEN WHO SHAPED UNITED: WHY ROBBO IS A LEGEND

“If you asked me what constitutes a hero, when you’re younger it’s always that person that makes you want to follow in their footsteps; the person you want to be like,” says Gary Neville. For United’s future captain, there was only one contender. Only one Bryan Robson.

“When I was growing up, Bryan Robson was captain of England and Manchester United. He was the best player, and the most important player, in the country.

“Every single challenge he went in for was as if his life seemed to depend on it. He seemed as though he cared all the time, he was a huge driving force for his country and his club. That’s what I aspired to be as I got older, someone who was committed to the cause.”

“My favourite player and role model was Bryan Robson,” echoed Roy Keane. “His tackling, goalscoring and box-to-box presence for United and England were proof that you could be a great player without doing tricks. Robson wasn’t brilliant, but he was awesome.”

A hero to heroes, Robbo set the benchmark for midfield brilliance at United. Succeeded by Paul Ince and latterly Keane in the Reds’ engine room, he was the first of three midfield greats to grace Old Trafford during a gilded era which would yield silverware galore.

The United which Robson first joined, however, was far from entrenched in success. Since winning the European Cup in 1968, the 1977 FA Cup was the club’s solitary major honour ahead of Ron Atkinson’s appointment in 1981. Having left West Bromwich Albion to take the United post, Atkinson quickly returned to the Hawthorns in order to recruit a talent with whom he was hugely familiar.

Robson was in his eighth season with the Baggies, but it was under Atkinson’s management that he had taken centre stage. The 1978/79 season brought a regular starting berth in midfield, and Robson was central to a thrilling Baggies team which battled for top honours alongside the country’s leading clubs. Inevitably, those giants began to circle around Robson, with Liverpool particularly keen to take him to Anfield. When Atkinson moved to Old Trafford, however, a reunion was soon on the cards.

“As soon as I took the job, I wanted Robson,” said the former United manager. “When I was at Albion he’d put in a transfer request, slipped a letter in my office when he’d come back from being away with England. So I called him in and he said: ‘United are after me.’ My reply to him was: ‘I’ll tell you now for nothing: the only way you’ll go to Man United is if I go there before you!’ The day I got the United job, Robbo was out in Switzerland with the England team, and he’s on the ‘phone: ‘Gaffer, remember what you said?’ He was tapping me up!”

It took a then-British record £1.5million to prise the 24-year-old from the Hawthorns in October 1981, but it quickly became apparent that the Reds had picked up a snip. “This was an opportunity any player would relish,” Robbo later reflected, “huge club, huge stage, huge fan base, huge in every respect.”

With new management and players on board, it was time to restore an appropriate level of success at Old Trafford. Robson’s first full season ended with victory in the FA Cup final – the skipper scoring twice in a Wembley replay victory over Brighton – a runners-up medal in the League Cup and third spot in the First Division table.

The following term, 1983/84, came Robson’s standout performance as a United player. Having spurned a presentable chance in Camp Nou in the first leg of a European Cup Winners’ Cup quarter-final tie against Barcelona, the skipper made it his personal mission to overturn the Reds’ two-goal deficit – and even promised as much before the return match. On one of Old Trafford’s greatest nights, Robbo duly delivered the goods, netting twice as United’s 3-0 win secured famous progress.

“A lot of fans invaded the pitch and carried me off on their shoulders,” he later recalled. “I remember I was a long way from the tunnel at the final whistle, so there was no chance to get inside before the crowd mobbed me. That night was the best atmosphere I experienced in my 13 years as a player here. You could feel the pitch shaking that night.”

A year on, the FA Cup maintained United’s presence in and among silverware, with Robson once again a gigantic figure as the 10-man Reds overpowered Everton at Wembley, but a gradual decline in fortunes prompted the removal of Atkinson as manager in 1987.

For Alex Ferguson, coming in to find Robson at the heart of his new club was an enormous boon. “An influential person in the dressing room, well-liked by the players, a great captain,” the Scot later reflected. “He had good control, was a decisive tackler, passed the ball well and his combination of stamina and perceptive reading of movement enabled him to make sudden and deadly infiltrations from midfield into the opposition’s box.”

Though untimely injuries punctuated Robson’s playing days at Old Trafford, he frequently played through the pain barrier to ensure that he dragged his side as far as he could.

Skippering United to the FA Cup once again in 1990, then the European Cup Winners’ Cup in 1991, it was fitting that he finally got to lift the Premier League trophy – twice – before his stellar career came to a close.

A supremely gifted player, a force of nature and an outstanding leader of men, it’s little surprise that Bryan Robson remains one of the definitive Old Trafford heroes.

www.manutd.com
Old 24-03-2019, 01:34 PM   #178
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Bryan Robson coming to Ashton Town to lead Manchester United Legends against Wigan Athletic!

England great Bryan Robson has been confirmed as skipper of the star-studded Manchester United XI that will challenge the Latics Legends in this season’s Joseph’s Goal showpiece at Ashton Town FC!

Widely-regarded as one of United and England’s greatest ever players, Robson – nicknamed ‘Captain Marvel’ during a glittering playing career – will bring his side to Edge Green Street for this year’s fundraiser on Saturday, May 25 (3pm).

The clash will mark 20 years since United memorably won the Treble in 1999, a few months before Sir Alex Ferguson’s men came to Wigan to officially open the newly-built JJB Stadium.

Players from both sides will be announced over the coming weeks, but the Latics XI have already confirmed a couple of legendary leaders – FA Cup-winning captain Emmerson Boyce AND Arjan de Zeeuw, who will be flying in from his native Holland.

All proceeds will go to Wigan-based Joseph’s Goal charity, to find a cure for the rare genetic disorder, NKH.

Nine-year-old Joseph was Latics’ lucky mascot at Wembley in 2013, and the charity bearing his name funds ground-breaking research both in the UK and the USA.

Last season’s clash saw the Latics Legends beat a Manchester City XI on penalties after a 3-3 draw in front of a packed house.

Ticket details for the clash with United will be announced very shortly.

www.wigantoday.net
Old 19-07-2019, 09:40 AM   #179
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

'Players should make their own decisions rather than rely on agents': Bryan Robson tells Paul Pogba to focus on his career and ignore outspoken Mino Raiola amid Real Madrid links

* Bryan Robson has told Paul Pogba to ignore his agent and focus on his career
* Mino Raiola is trying to engineer Pogba's transfer to Real Madrid or Juventus
* However, Man United legend believes the Frenchman needs to think for himself

Manchester United legend Bryan Robson has told Paul Pogba to ignore his outspoken agent and focus on his career at Old Trafford.

Mino Raiola is trying to engineer Pogba's transfer to Real Madrid or Juventus after declaring that United's record £89million signing wants to leave.

But Robson believes the Frenchman needs to think for himself and concentrate on United where he is still under contract for up to three years.

'He'd be in my team all the time,' said the former United skipper on the club's pre-season tour in Perth.

'One thing fans should realise is sometimes agents get involved and say things that don't come from the player. Players should concentrate on their own careers and make their own decisions rather than rely on agents.

'It's your career - you do what you think is right. That's how I see players today. Get on and play how you want to play.

'He's a great player. He should concentrate on that. He's contracted to Manchester United and he should concentrate on playing for Manchester United.'

Man Utd legend Bryan Robson has told Paul Pogba to ignore his agent and focus on his career. Robson believes the Frenchman needs to think for himself and focus on his game

United secured a second win on tour at the Optus Stadium on Wednesday when Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side beat Leeds United 4-0.

The camp is far more settled than a year ago when Anthony Martial went AWOL from United's base in Los Angeles and Jose Mourinho upset the Old Trafford hierarchy with an astonishing attack on the club in Michigan.

Mourinho was eventually sacked in December and Robson believes he paid the price for turning on his players in public.

He added: 'If you're not doing as well, you get uptight and say things in the media and wish you hadn't said that.

'Jose Mourinho did a great job when he came in. Then things weren't happening around the club which he wanted. He started criticising the club and the players and you can't do that.

'When you are a big club like Manchester United, you can't criticise people you're trying to get the best out of. That's where he fell down at Manchester United - criticising players in the media.'

The former England captain believes United are not far away from competing for the Premier League title again if they can add to the signings of Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Dan James before the transfer deadline on August 8.

'With the squad and the players we've got we must do better than last season,' said Robson.

'We've bought two new players, young lads with great potential. When I was at the Player of the Year awards you could see the disappointment of the lads. I'm really confident they can do better this year with the squad we've got.

'I was a manager and you know you can always improve. Add one or two players to the squad and we could be up there challenging this season.

'I'm really positive and confident. I would like to see one or two new signings and then we can compete with the best.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7262951/Transfer-news-Bryan-Robson-tells-Paul-Pogba-focus-career-Manchester-United.html
Old 15-09-2019, 11:38 AM   #180
Andi Istiabudi
manager

LET'S GET THE SEASON FIRING, SAYS ROBSON

Manchester United legend Bryan Robson has called on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's Reds to get our season up and running when the Premier League resumes after the international break.

In an interview with ManUtd.com, 'Captain Marvel' emphasised the importance of putting August behind us and focusing on what’s to come, starting with Leicester City’s visit to Old Trafford on Saturday.

“The boys have just got to get the Crystal Palace game out of their system, you know. We didn’t perform brilliantly on the day and we could have done better,” the 62-year-old said.

“Maybe if we’d scored the penalty [by Marcus Rashford, that hit the woodwork], but we got beat and that’s in the past. Ole thinks we are improving all the time, which I agree with, as I think we’ve played pretty well in the games I’ve seen.

“The atmosphere around the place is really good. All we’ve got to do is put a good set of results together, over a short period of time, so let’s get the season firing.

“We could easily have won the [last three] games but we haven’t and we have got to step it up against Leicester and put on a really good performance and get good results that will get everyone buzzing again.”

Brendan Rodgers’s side sit third in the Premier League table, having won two and drawn two of their four games so far.

Robson believes the much-respected Foxes and their youthful line-up will pose United a tough test at the weekend, but our former skipper thinks three points are vital if we’re to keep the East Midlanders at bay in the battle for Champions League football.

“Yeah, they’ve had a good start to the season and have good young players. That’s why it’s important we have a good result against them,” he added, while speaking courtesy of official partner Gulf Oil.

“I think they will up there challenging for the top six and they will want to get back into Europe. It’s a tough game as they have some good players but that’s the challenge for us.

“If we want to be in the top four, we need to be beating teams like Leicester at home.”

With the 2019/20 campaign now a month old, Robson feels the Reds are on the right track after a positive summer, adding that if the squad tighten up in certain areas, we’ll start to move up the table.

“What they’ve got to do is just go out and enjoy the game, stick to the formation and everything they worked on in pre-season,“ he suggested.

“Press the ball but let’s concentrate a little bit more on slack passes. Concentrate on our finishing because, nearly always, if you want to win a Premier League game, you have got to score two goals. In the two away games, we’ve got one each game and that’s why we haven’t won them.

“So concentrate a little bit more on finishing and, if get that right, we’ll go on winning games instead of drawing them.”

www.manutd.com

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 58
Aba_MaczUnited, alfiandrmwn, Andi Istiabudi, andrerahmana, Ardiey11, arief_oct, aris setiyawan, asby_ansya, bangkit, Dafabet, dannyboy, Deddy Hernandez, Diego, ecly_watchaa, Efri Loebay, endhy_cantona, fadilbedil, fajrinited, fey777, fredrian.seven, ghopoereds, Gustar_UIBontang, HaRrY-UIK, iamsetia, irfi_1, jifortin, kingherooney, LAM ILHAM, MUFC1878, oldark, Om Juna, penk22_, Redsbusby, rio vander vidic, RyanRezha, sepatu_ancur, teukurevi5, theater of dream, tietocinex, TomEnrico, Trezz Kiko, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, UNITED1878, vankyoet, Van_Munandar, Victory, vivasoilsolid, wira_ozora, xkeiszglf34, yudha septian, zudomiriku