United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > On Loan

Old 12-04-2018, 06:56 PM   #81
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Eric Bailly

FIVE REASONS WHY BAILLY IS A CULT HERO

Today [Thursday] marks the 24th birthday of our lovable, tough-tackling centre-back Eric Bailly! We could go on all day about his phenomenal talents and unique charm, but here are five reasons why the Ivorian is such a cult hero at United…

HE’S GOT IT ALL
For United fans, the benchmark for any central defender who joins the club in the modern era is the much-loved partnership between Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic. Due to his very evident bravery and courage, Eric is frequently compared to our former Serbian hardman Vidic, rather than Rio, but the great news is that his style combines the best of that legendary pairing in one amazing package. His team-mates might have taken to nicknaming him ‘the Beast’, but Bailly’s poise and imaginative skill on the ball make him so much more than a traditional tough-as-old-boots defender. Just ask Mohamed Salah, who was deceived by an audacious Bailly roulette-spin during Liverpool’s 2-1 defeat in March!

A MAN FOR THE BIG STAGE
Some of the very best professionals in football history have frozen beneath the imposing stands of Old Trafford and their glitzy lights. Back in 1984, a certain Diego Maradona was rendered powerless before the cacophonous noise created by 58,000 baying Reds, when his Barcelona side were knocked out of the European Cup-Winners’ Cup at the quarter-final stage. Even some United players have said Old Trafford can be a ‘daunting’ place when things are not going so well. Thankfully, the glare and the glamour do not appear to have fazed Eric once since his arrival. Despite playing just 40 top-flight games before moving here – for Espanyol and Villarreal in La Liga– he’s responded to the challenge with glorious ease. More than that, he looks like he’s relishing every minute on the pitch.

THE GREAT ENTERTAINER
We’ve already alluded to our no.3’s ability on the ball, and that fantastic Zidane-esque piece of skill against Liverpool, but Bailly doesn’t need a ball at his feet to enrapture the watching millions. His eccentric charm is often the delight of social media, and his unconventional repertoire includes sky-high warm-up jumps during the national anthems at the 2017 League Cup final, nicking one of Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s crutches during the celebrations that followed the Europa League win, and a range of joyous slides after goals and victories. If you follow any of the team’s Instagram or Twitter accounts, you’ll also be well aware that, like Paul Pogba, Jesse Lingard et al, he’s quite fond of a good dance!

NO MESSING
Make no mistake: Bailly might be great fun to watch, but hands up if you’d like to play against him? The Ivory Coast international clearly loves playing football but, ultimately, he’s a defender, and he’s not one for messing around when it comes to marking territory or making tackles. Eric made his United debut in the 2016 Community Shield against Leicester City and, to the glee of Reds everywhere, Bailly matched Jamie Vardy – who’d scored 24 league goals the preceding season – for pace, desire and strength in a captivating 90-minute duel. He’s one of those players who doesn’t just win the ball, but puts his whole soul and being into the act, making sure the opponent knows just how easily he’s accomplished his task. That infectious energy and enthusiasm gets both the crowd and his team-mates going. Against Liverpool, some of his challenges drew cheers so loud you could have mistaken them for goals!

HE’S STILL ONLY 24!
Incredibly, despite the composure, and the ease with which he’s taken to life in M16, Bailly still has his peak years ahead of him. Sir Alex Ferguson wrote in 2013 that players’ best years are between the age of 24 and 28 so, providing Eric can stay fit, we have one hell of a defender on our hands; one who could be a mainstay of the United team for much of the next decade.

Happy birthday, Eric, and long may you grace the United back four!

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2018, 08:26 PM   #82
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

BAILLY UP FOR CENTRAL DEFENSIVE FIGHT

Eric Bailly is ready to fight for a place at the heart of the Manchester United defence as the Reds prepare to face Bournemouth in the Premier League.

The Ivory Coast international was not part of the squad for the shock 1-0 reverse to West Brom on Sunday, after playing his part in the Manchester derby triumph, and appreciates Jose Mourinho has decisions to make at centre-back with everybody available.

Marcos Rojo and Phil Jones are also vying for a spot after being named among the substitutes at the weekend, with Victor Lindelof and Chris Smalling getting the nod to play against the Baggies.

"It does [give the manager options]," Bailly told MUTV. "It is a good position to be in, to have the defence fully fit and ready. It bodes well for the remaining matches ahead of us. I hope we can remain with a solid defence, as do the others, and we can keep some clean sheets in those games so that we see the season out well.

"I'm fine. I had a few difficult moments with my past injury but I am fully recovered now. I came back fitter and I hope I can take all the playing opportunities that present themselves now."

Bailly made his Premier League debut at the Vitality Stadium and earned the Man of the Match award in a 3-1 victory for the Reds on the opening day of last season.

"They're truly great memories for me, I remember it, but we are in a different moment now," he added. "The team is in good shape and is progressing in the right direction. I hope we can go there to Bournemouth and get the full three points.

"Really it is disappointing, to have put in such a great effort to win the match against City, only then to lose against the lowest-placed team. Yes, it's disappointing for all of us. The thing is to now put that behind us, to forget it, if you like, and focus on the big important match we have ahead of us."

www.manutd.com
Old 29-04-2018, 12:00 AM   #83
Andi Istiabudi
manager

BAILLY: OUR MENTALITY MUST BE RIGHT

Eric Bailly has spoken about the mentality Manchester United will need to finish second in the Premier League – and about the challenge Sunday’s opponents Arsenal face as they try to compete on two fronts.

Arsene Wenger will manage the Gunners at Old Trafford for the final time in the 16:30 BST kick-off, with both teams needing a good result to help achieve twin aims at the end of 2017/18.

The Reds are aiming to finish the campaign as league runners-up and Emirates FA Cup winners, while the visitors are balancing the push for Europa League qualification with the chance to win that competition this term.

Speaking in an exclusive interview with United Review, the Reds’ official matchday programme, Bailly recalled the demands of juggling league and European ambitions last season, when the Reds won the Europa League.

“We had that experience a year ago,” the centre-back said. “I believe it comes down to the mental condition of the team.

“I can’t comment on the mental strength of the Arsenal team, but it will be a factor in their performances as they manage the stresses of balancing the two competitions at the same time.”

The Ivorian defender believes there is plenty of confidence within the squad as the end of the season approaches and that the Reds have the right attitude to ensure a successful finish.

“We are always confident that we can win. We are Manchester United,” he declared.

“We go into every game with the same mentality that we have to win. We want second place, that’s the aim, but we cannot look beyond this game.

“We always want to fight. We fight against Arsenal and we know they are a big team with many quality players and that is our only focus now.”

After the achievement of winning in Stockholm last season, Bailly feels it is crucial to end 2017/18 on a similar high by finishing second, to continue the upward trajectory under Jose Mourinho.

“It is really important for us as players, for the club itself, and for the fans,” he said. “It is a very different proposition to finishing fourth, even if both would lead us into the Champions League, because it is important to set out to achieve that goal of second place, which we have set ourselves. It shows our progress.”

www.manutd.com
Old 23-05-2018, 09:26 PM   #84
Andi Istiabudi
manager

BAILLY PLANS TO COME BACK STRONGER

Eric Bailly has stated a bullish desire to "come back stronger" next season, while thanking the Manchester United supporters for the unconditional support throughout the 2017/18 campaign.

The Ivorian defender posted a lengthy message on his Instagram account to show his gratitude and express his determination to improve next term.

“We would have liked to have finished the season by winning the FA Cup,” wrote Eric. “Unfortunately, it was not to be. Nevertheless, we’ve wrapped up a season in which there were ups and downs.

“Now it’s time to stop, to learn from this season, to rest and to enjoy our families and friends, so we can come back next season even stronger. We’re eager to set new goals and to see lots of smiles in the stands at Old Trafford next year.

“Thanks for the support you have given the entire team throughout the season and, especially, thank you very much for the love you have always shown me. Let’s go United! And good luck to my team-mates who are playing in the World Cup!”

'THANKS TO THE FANS'

Bailly is the latest United player to post a message of thanks to the fans, following another season of unrivalled support...

Jesse Lingard tweeted after the Emirates FA Cup final defeat to Chelsea: “Don’t know what to say, worst feeling I’ve felt in football to date. We didn’t deserve to lose but that’s football. The fans have been amazing all season, they have stuck by us through the ups and downs and I can only say thank you. Quick turnaround for the World Cup! Let’s go.”

Chris Smalling wrote on Twitter: “I want to take this chance to say thank you to our fans, you’ve been behind us every step of the way and I know for sure we’ll be back challenging in Europe and for our crown next season. Trust the process! See you all next season.”

Marcus Rashford posted this message on Sunday following the loss at Wembley: “Gutted about yesterday’s result. Not the way any of us wanted to end the season but we’ll come back stronger. Thanks for all your support this season.”

Paul Pogba tweeted his gratitude to the fans: “Merci to all the supporters for the season with us, for being part of my life and letting me enter yours. Without you, we can’t be UNITED.”

Ander Herrera also thanked supporters in his post-match tweet on Saturday: “After having lifted three trophies at Wembley to date, today we got the bad feeling of a loss. However, I am proud of my team and my club. I feel really disappointed for our fans. They were amazing again and all we can say is thanks for everything you do for us.”

www.manutd.com
Old 09-06-2018, 01:32 AM   #85
Andi Istiabudi
manager

OPINION: FIVE REASONS WE ALL LOVE ERIC BAILLY
by Joe Ganle

Today marks the two-year anniversary of our lovable, tough-tackling centre-back Eric Bailly joining Manchester United! We could go on all day about his phenomenal talents and unique charm, but here are just five reasons why the Ivorian is such a cult hero at Old Trafford…

HE’S GOT IT ALL
For United fans, the benchmark for any central defender who joins the club in the modern era is the much-loved partnership between Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic. Due to his very evident bravery and courage, Eric is frequently compared to our former Serbian hardman Vidic, rather than Rio, but the great news is that his style combines the best of that legendary pairing in one amazing package. His team-mates might have taken to nicknaming him ‘the Beast’, but Bailly’s poise and imaginative skill on the ball make him so much more than a traditional tough-as-old-boots defender.

A MAN FOR THE BIG STAGE
Some of the very best professionals in football history have frozen beneath the imposing stands of Old Trafford and their glitzy lights. Back in 1984, a certain Diego Maradona was rendered powerless before the cacophonous noise created by 58,000 baying Reds, when his Barcelona side were knocked out of the European Cup-Winners’ Cup at the quarter-final stage. Even some United players have said Old Trafford can be a ‘daunting’ place when things are not going so well. Thankfully, the glare and the glamour do not appear to have fazed Eric once since his arrival. Despite playing just 40 top-flight games before moving here – for Espanyol and Villarreal in La Liga– he’s responded to the challenge with glorious ease. More than that, he looks like he’s relishing every minute on the pitch.

THE GREAT ENTERTAINER
We’ve already alluded to our no.3’s ability on the ball, and that fantastic Zidane-esque piece of skill against Liverpool, but Bailly doesn’t need a ball at his feet to enrapture the watching millions. His eccentric charm is often the delight of social media, and his unconventional repertoire includes sky-high warm-up jumps during the national anthems at the 2017 League Cup final, nicking one of Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s crutches during the celebrations that followed the Europa League win, and a range of joyous slides after goals and victories. If you follow any of the team’s Instagram or Twitter accounts, you’ll also be well aware that, like Paul Pogba, Jesse Lingard et al, he’s fond of a good dance!

THERE'S NO MESSING ABOUT
Make no mistake: Bailly might be great fun to watch, but hands up if you’d like to play against him? Nope, didn’t think so! The Ivory Coast international clearly loves playing football but, ultimately, he’s a defender, and he’s not one for messing around when it comes to marking territory or making tackles. Eric made his United debut in the 2016 Community Shield against Leicester City and, to the glee of Reds everywhere, Bailly matched Jamie Vardy – who’d scored 24 league goals the preceding season – for pace, desire and strength in a captivating 90-minute duel. He’s one of those players who doesn’t just win the ball, but puts his whole soul and being into the act, making sure the opponent knows just how easily he’s accomplished his task. That infectious energy and enthusiasm gets both the crowd and his team-mates going.

HE’S STILL ONLY 24!
Incredibly, despite the composure, and the ease with which he’s taken to life in M16, Bailly still has his peak years ahead of him. Sir Alex Ferguson wrote in 2013 that players’ best years are between the age of 24 and 28 so, providing Eric can stay fit, we have one hell of a defender on our hands; one who could be a mainstay of the United team for much of the next decade.

www.manutd.com
Old 30-07-2018, 11:31 PM   #86
Andi Istiabudi
manager

MOURINHO: TEAMS NEED PLAYERS LIKE ERIC BAILLY

Jose Mourinho has spoken of his respect and appreciation for Eric Bailly's willingness to play against Liverpool, despite the Ivorian's struggle with an injury problem.

Bailly had not even been named among the substitutes when the team news broke 75 minutes prior to kick-off at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor.

But when Chris Smalling dropped out of the warm-up as a precaution, just minutes before the match was due to start, Bailly pushed himself forward as a replacement.

“Bailly was not going to play,” explained Mourinho in the post-match press conference. “But when he saw that Smalling in the warm-up was leaving, he decided by himself he did not want another kid on the pitch. It is not fair to Alexis, to Mata, to Herrera, and the guys that are there.”

United are without a number of first-team regulars, due to injury and the delayed returns of several players that competed in the World Cup in Russia. Mourinho explained that their absence means a heavier workload has fallen on the senior players that are part of Tour 2018.

“We are just trying to play these matches in the best way we can,” said the boss after the Liverpool defeat. “The boys did very well until the gasoline said goodbye.”

Quizzed further on Bailly's quality and role this season, Mourinho continued to lavish praise on the centre-back.

“He is a team boy, he is a great boy,” Jose said. “He is an honest man, always ready to give everything for the team. That is why we have him, why we still have him and why he is going to stay with us because football teams need people like him, like Herrera; this kind of people where the club is more important than anything else.”

Smalling's removal from the starting XI was later explained as a precautionary measure.

With Nemanja Matic and Antonio Valencia already returning home due to injury issues, and two friendlies, against Real Madrid and Bayern Munich, following hot on the heels of the Liverpool game, the boss will be keen to ensure as many first-team players remain injury free.

www.manutd.com
Old 07-12-2018, 05:54 AM   #87
Andi Istiabudi
manager

'Never, ever give up' – Eric Bailly reacts to Manchester United return in Arsenal stalemate

The Ivorian centre-back who has been restricted to the bench role in previous matches, was impressive in his first Premier League game in two months.

Eric Bailly has reacted to his performance as he returned to Manchester United’s set-up in the 2-2 draw against Arsenal.

Bailly made his way back to Jose Mourinho’s starting line-up on Wednesday evening for the first time since he featured in their 3-2 comeback win over Newcastle United.

After missing Saturday’s 2-2 draw against Southampton due to a back injury, the 24-year-old partnered Chris Smalling and Marcos Rojo to form a three-man defence against the Gunners.

The former Villarreal defender capped his return with a strong defensive display, winning all his aerial duels and also made three interceptions to keep Arsenal’s attackers at bay.

His performance was crucial in helping United avoid a defeat at Old Trafford as goals from Anthony Martial and Jesse Lingard cancelled out Shkodran Mustafi's effort and Rojo's own goal.

"Never, ever give up," Bailly wrote on Instagram.

Wednesday's appearance was Bailly’s sixth league game – fourth start of the season – however, he will look to maintain his spot in the starting XI when the eighth-placed Red Devils host Fulham on Sunday.

www.goal.com
Old 12-12-2018, 08:26 AM   #88
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

'He's an extraordinary player': Valencia boss Marcelino backs Manchester United defender Eric Bailly to return to his best

* Valencia boss Marcelino backs defender Eric Bailly to get back to his best
* Manchester United centre-back worked with Marcelino at Villarreal
* Bailly has endured much misfortune with injuries and has struggled for form
* United are already through in Champions League with Valencia in third place

Valencia head coach Marcelino has backed 'extraordinary' Eric Bailly to get back to his best at Manchester United.

With Champions League progress assured, injuries biting and Sunday's trip to Liverpool on the horizon, Jose Mourinho is likely to rotate in Spain for Wednesday's Group H match.

Bailly trained ahead of United's trip to Valencia after overcoming a knock and will be hoping for just his second appearance since Newcastle visited in October, when he was unceremoniously hauled off after just 19 minutes.

It underlined how far the Ivory Coast international had fallen down the pecking order after such a bright start to life at Old Trafford following his move from a Villarreal side managed by current Valencia coach Marcelino in 2016.

'I was so lucky to have Eric as a footballer, as a player,' he said. 'He's an extraordinary player and an extraordinary person.

'I'm so sorry for his injuries, because I know his performances are conditioned by this. I know he is having a hard time and suffering when trying to have a stable rhythm in the team.

'I wish nothing but the best for him and I feel his youth will help him through these hard times and he will be very important for United.

'I think he's playing really well for United when he plays, but because of his injuries he's not getting the luck he deserves.'

Valencia coach Marcelino has backed Eric Bailly to return to his best at Manchester United. Bailly worked with Valencia boss Marcelino when the pair were together at Villarreal

Until last week's 2-2 draw with Arsenal, the previous time Bailly had completed a full 90 minutes for United was the goalless home draw with Valencia.

That result put the Old Trafford giants' progress in doubt, only for Mourinho's men to secure a memorable 2-1 win at Juventus before edging past Young Boys through Marouane Fellaini's late effort.

The Belgium midfielder handled in the build-up to the goal that secured the last-gasp 1-0 win that means Valencia will be playing in the Europa League next year, leaving a bitter taste in the mouth of reported United target Carlos Soler.

Quote:
ERIC BAILLY'S INJURIES AT MANCHESTER UNITED

October 2016 - Knee injury

December 2016 - Knee injury

May 2017 - Knock

October 2017 - Groin strain

November 2017 - Groin strain

November 2018 - Knock

November 2018 - Back injury

December 2018 - Knock
'It's true that the hand of Fellaini, if he hadn't scored, we would have the opportunity still intact, so I have no more comment for this,' the midfielder said.

'Obviously we are a bit p***ed off with the situation, but we cannot change it so we will have to look forward.'

Wednesday offers the chance to secure a result that will see Valencia seeded for the Europa League draw, while offering the chance to alleviate the pressure given their LaLiga struggles.

Pressure is mounting on Marcelino, with his side languishing in 15th and owner Peter Lim is said to be coming to the Group H clash.

'I know how the club thinks about me and the feelings they have for me, so I'm not doubtful in this aspect,' Marcelino added.

'I feel absolutely sure about my position in the club and also I think that coaches should always have their priorities clear, and my experiences as a coach tell me my priorities should be trying to improve our results and I am convinced this will happen, that we will get better.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6484189/Valencia-boss-Marcelino-backs-Manchester-United-defender-Eric-Bailly-return-best.html
Old 20-12-2018, 08:45 AM   #89
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Eric Bailly hints at trouble with Jose Mourinho but thanks the sacked Manchester United boss for handing him his debut

* Eric Bailly did thank the recently sacked Manchester United manager on Twitter
* Bailly was the second player to mention Jose Mourinho's sacking on Tuesday
* The 24-year-old was substituted after 18 minutes against Newcastle in October

Eric Bailly has hinted there was trouble behind the scenes with Jose Mourinho at Old Trafford.

The Ivory Coast international did thank the recently sacked Manchester United manager for handing him his debut.

Bailly was the second player to mention Mourinho on social media, after Jesse Lingard, since his departure on Tuesday.

The 24-year-old said on Twitter: 'Whatever they may say, I will always be thankful to the person who gave me the chance to make my debut at Old Trafford.

'Thank you for what you have taught me. Good luck, coach.'

Bailly was substituted after 18 minutes against Newcastle in October when Mourinho's side were 2-0 down.

He was subsequently dropped a week later against Chelsea and was then left out of the squad for the next five league games.

The Ivory Coast international did thank the recently sacked Manchester United manager

The centre back played the full 90 minutes in Mourinho's last game in charge against Liverpool because Chris Smalling picked up an injury in the warm-up and pulled out at the last minute.

United lost 3-1 to their bitter rivals leaving the Red Devils 19 points off the league leaders and 11 points off fourth-placed Chelsea.

Former United player Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will be the caretaker boss until the end of the season.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6513517/Eric-Bailly-hints-trouble-Jose-Mourinho-thanks-sacked-Manchester-United-boss.html
Old 09-01-2019, 07:50 PM   #90
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Keren nih Bailly termasuk dalam salah satu pemain di tim terbaik Afrika 2018

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 54
Aba_MaczUnited, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, and1, Andi Istiabudi, AndreasBelitung, arik_, Blacklist7, chincarito, Deddy Hernandez, demon.nasution, dhodoadrian, ecly_watchaa, edhowin, endhy_cantona, eyeofday, fredrian.seven, gery27, giggs26, goodmin, h-ANG, Haji Paidin, HenryRooney07, id4y, irulrozikin, ivanzferdinand, jifortin, Kurniawan Ani, LAM ILHAM, Lang25, nobitanta, penk22_, Regasiqbal, reza willya, RH20, rio vander vidic, Riskur, robby7beckham, rohibur rizqi, roodee_UID, SatriaRedArmy, sepatu_ancur, smile_boy, tumpal_oneunited, Wengge Schmeichel, wira_ozora, xkeiszglf34, Yayat Dg Kulle, zudomiriku