United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 12-08-2019, 09:24 AM   #21
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daniel Owen James

Daniel James pays tribute to his late father by pointing to the skies in emotional celebration after marking Manchester United debut with a goal

* Daniel James paid tribute to his late father in an emotional goal celebration
* The Welshman came off the bench to score on his Manchester United debut
* James, whose dad died this summer, pointed to the sky after netting on Sunday

Daniel James launched into an emotional celebration at Old Trafford when he scored just seven minutes after coming on as substitute on his competitive debut for Manchester United.

James, whose father passed away at the age of 60 this summer while he was in talks over a £18million move to United from Swansea, pointed to the skies after hitting the fourth goal against Chelsea.

'His summer has been one of ups and downs, as we all know,' said United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. 'To score his goal in front of the Stretford End must be such a proud moment for him.'

Daniel James (R) paid tribute to his late father after marking his Man United debut with a goal

James, whose father passed away this summer aged 60, was visibly emotional after scoring

Scott McTominay echoed the words of his manager by hailing his new team-mate in a poignant post on Instagram. He wrote: 'This is my man. Your old man would be proud!'

The Welshman's goal wrapped up a convincing victory for United - their biggest against Chelsea since 1965.

Solskjaer's men got off to the perfect start after Marcus Rashford dusted himself off to convert the penalty he had won in the 18th minute.

Chelsea struck the woodwork twice during a frustrating 45 minutes which Frank Lampard's men arguably had the better of as they headed into the interval trailing.

Anthony Martial bundled in from close to double United's lead at a key moment in the match before Rashford put the game out of Chelsea's reach with his second just minutes later as the hosts grabbed a a quickfire double.

James came off the bench to round off the scoring after some powerful running from Paul Pogba.

Solskjaer added at the final whistle: 'As we said to the boys before the game, we have found the way we want to play and a way we believe in. You've just got to go out and do the same,' said Solskjaer, who has put his faith in youth this summer.

'We took risks but that's the way here. You have got to go for it. It's risk and reward and today we were rewarded.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7347115/Man-Utd-News-Daniel-James-pays-tribute-late-father-emotional-goal-celebration.html
bisa2 GW depan vs Wolves, James jadi starter nih menggantikan posisi Pereira
Old 13-08-2019, 06:48 AM   #22
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Q&A: JAMES IN DREAMLAND AFTER DEBUT UNITED GOAL

Summer signing Daniel James was a proud man on Sunday evening, after experiencing the “dream come true” of scoring in front of the Stretford End on his Manchester United debut.

The young Welshman was initially named on the bench by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, but took his opportunity to shine in the second half by netting the final goal in a fantastic 4-0 win over Chelsea.

James latched onto a wonderful assist from Paul Pogba and dispatched a deflected finish into the far corner of the net, before running to celebrate in front of the crowd with his ecstatic team-mates.

It was a heart-warming moment for the 21-year-old and, once he had calmed down, the young speed demon gathered his thoughts and spoke to our man Stewart Gardner in the tunnel…

Was that how you dreamt it?
“Well, I think so. For me it has not settled in yet - to come on, to score at a place like this, to make my debut, it is the first time I have played here, so to score is a dream come true.“

How did you feel when coming on?
“I was feeling excited. I wouldn't say I was nervous. I was coming on when we were 3-0 up so it was just about going on there and enjoying myself, showing people why I am here. That is what it was. At 3-0 we were always going to have counter attacks and that suits my game a lot. To come on and to score, you couldn't write it.”

When the chance came, you must have been delighted?
“As I took the touch, some people would say it is a dummy. But the ball got away from me a bit, thankfully I think the defender would have blocked it without that, but as soon as I struck it the ball went into the back of the net and was pure emotion for me. I am delighted.”

Did it live up to your expectations, scoring at Old Trafford?
“It lived up to my expectations, definitely. The atmosphere when I came on was amazing. I think the fans were amazing. They stuck with us throughout. It has been shown everywhere we went on pre-seasons, the fans have been amazing and then again here. To score here is a dream come true.”

Your family must be very proud of you…
“Yeah they are definitely proud of me. They were up there in the stand today, I didn't know where about they were, I was trying to find them but it is hard to find them in front of this many fans. For them and for me, as I said you couldn't write it. To be here in the first place is an honour for me. To come on and show people why I am here is great.”

This is just the start for you, right?
“Yeah, definitely. I didn't start today but that was not something I was gutted about. I just had to be ready to come on and I think everybody played a part in the win. To come on, I played on the right and on the left. I enjoy them both as much as each other. I knew the counter attacks were going to come, so it was just about being in the right place at the right time. Thankfully I was. I know the deflection was a bit lucky, but it paid off for me today.”

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2019, 09:39 AM   #23
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

'It's been a brilliant couple of days!': Daniel James signs boot deal with Adidas following 'dream' debut goal for Manchester United

* The 21-year-old winger signed a boot deal with Adidas on Monday
* James admitted he 'dreamed' of scoring on his Manchester United debut
* The Welshman scored final goal in a 4-0 home win over Chelsea on Sunday

Daniel James has signed a boot deal with Adidas to complete a ‘brilliant couple of days’ for the Manchester United winger.

The 21-year-old, signed from Swansea for £15million in the summer, scored on his Premier League debut in the 4-0 win over Chelsea on Sunday.

Wales international winger James then signed a deal with Manchester United's kit sponsors Adidas on Monday.

He tweeted a picture and caption: 'Delighted to sign with @adidasfootball. It’s been a brilliant couple of days!'

James could not have scripted a better beginning to life as a Manchester United player after coming off the bench to complete the mauling of Chelsea.

'I don't think you could write it, really,' the former Swansea flyer said.

'As soon as I signed here, I dreamed of something like that to happen and it did today.

'To score on my debut and to win 4-0 at Old Trafford in the first game, no, I don't think you could (imagine that).'

James was Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's first signing as United manager and eyebrows were raised at his place on the bench rather than the starting line-up given his fine pre-season performances.

The Wales winger would eventually be introduced as a 74th-minute substitute and wasted little time making an impression on the Old Trafford faithful.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7350631/Daniel-James-signs-boot-deal-Adidas-following-dream-debut-goal-Manchester-United.html
Old 13-08-2019, 10:22 AM   #24
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'I don't think you could write it... I dreamed of something like that to happen and it did today': Daniel James celebrates perfect start to life at Man United after debut goal in Chelsea win

* Daniel James admitted he 'dreamed' of scoring on his Manchester United debut
* The Welshman scored United's final goal in a 4-0 home win over Chelsea
* James insists United will not get carried away despite the impressive scoreline
* The winger says the Red Devils must continue to make defensive improvements

Daniel James could not have scripted a better beginning to life as a Manchester United player after coming off the bench to complete the mauling of Chelsea.

A cloud of discontent and disillusionment made way for delight at Old Trafford as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side got the Premier League campaign off to a dream start on Sunday.

Chelsea were unfortunate not to cancel out Marcus Rashford's penalty, but Frank Lampard's first match at the helm would end in a 4-0 defeat after a second-half collapse.

Anthony Martial and Rashford netted in quick succession, before summer signing James came off the bench to score in the 81st minute of a dream debut.

'I don't think you could write it, really,' the former Swansea flyer said.

'As soon as I signed here, I dreamed of something like that to happen and it did today.

'To score on my debut and to win 4-0 at Old Trafford in the first game, no, I don't think you could (imagine that).'

Daniel James achieved his dream by scoring on his Manchester United debut against Chelsea. The Welshman celebrates his first top flight goal in front of the Old Trafford faithful

James was Solskjaer's first signing as United manager and eyebrows were raised at his place on the bench rather than the starting line-up given his fine pre-season performances.

The Wales winger would eventually be introduced as a 74th-minute substitute and wasted little time making an impression on the Old Trafford faithful.

'I think it was about being calm,' he said of his competitive debut for United.

'I came on at 3-0, which obviously dampened (the nerves) a bit.

'For me, it was just going out there and enjoying it, and obviously if I get an opportunity try and take them, and thankfully I did.'

James will never forget his United bow, but the level-headed Welshman is not getting carried away with the curtain-raising triumph as Solskjaer's side rode their luck at times against Chelsea.

'Obviously we won 4-0 today but there's obviously stuff we can work on and it's going to be a tough game next week at Wolves,' he said.

'I think everyone was raring to go anyway, but we can't get carried away.

'We've got a big, big test at Wolves next week and obviously they've shown how good they were, especially against us last season, so we've got to be prepared for that.'

James highlighted the high press and ball recovery as particular positives after the match, although a first Premier League clean sheet since February was also noteworthy.

Summer signing Aaron Wan-Bissaka impressed at right-back for and Harry Maguire looked solid just days after arriving in a world-record transfer fee for a defender.

'I think that we've shown that all through pre-season,' James said of the defensive solidity. 'We haven't conceded many.

'Obviously that's a big part of going forwards, keeping them clean sheets, and we did that today.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7348489/Dream-comes-true-Daniel-James-scores-Manchester-United-debut-victory-Chelsea.html
Old 14-08-2019, 09:31 AM   #25
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'Sorry, I'll have more faith in you for the rest of the season': Daniel James' brother reveals he left Man United new boy on the bench in his Fantasy team... only for him to score on his debut!

* Daniel James made an unforgettable scoring debut for Manchester United
* Winger came on as a substitute to net fourth goal in 4-0 rout against Chelsea
* But brother Alex was left to regret leaving the United star out his fantasy team

Sometimes it is your siblings that can give you the toughest but best lessons in life, and Daniel James was only too glad to give his brother some fantasy football advice the hard way.

The Manchester United winger came on as a substitute against Chelsea to score on his debut on Sunday, capping off a memorable day for the £15million arrival from Swansea City.

But his brother, Alex, was left reeling following the goal... having left the 21-year-old on the bench of his fantasy league team.

Daniel James came on as a substitute to score on his Manchester United debut on Sunday. His brother Alex was left ruing the decision to leave the United winger out of his fantasy team

Alex admitted he should have shown more faith in his sibling after being dished out some brotherly love.

He said on Twitter: 'When you leave your bro Daniel James on the bench in your fantasy team and he comes on to score...sorry DJ, I'll have more faith for the rest of the season #goalazo #ManUtd #fantasypremierleague '

The United winger replied with emojis crying with laughter as well as applause.

Following his goal in the Premier League opener on Sunday, James claimed the strike was a 'special moment' for himself and his family.

James scored nine minutes from time against Chelsea having only come on in the 74th minute

Pointing to the skies after his strike nine minutes from time, the winger appeared to pay tribute to his father who tragically died over the summer.

His father's passing came just days before he secured his move to Old Trafford.

James' father had been ill but no one in the family had expected him to pass away so suddenly.

United stars were quick to hail the Wales star, with Scott McTominay posting a picture of the duo celebrating with the caption reading: 'That is my man, old man would be proud.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7352023/Manchester-United-news-Daniel-James-brother-reveals-left-new-boy-bench-Fantasy-team.html
Old 16-08-2019, 07:19 AM   #26
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Beckham ke Daniel James: Rayakan Gol Memang Harus Begitu
Lucas Aditya - detikSport

Manchester - Perayaan gol Daniel James pada laga debutnya bersama Manchester United di Liga Inggris dipuji David Beckham. Selebrasi gol disebut Beckham harus begitu.

Man United memetik kemenangan 4-0 atas Chelsea saat bertanding di Old Trafford, Minggu (11/8/2019). Marcus Rashford tampil bagus dengan menyumbangkan dua gol untuk Manchster United. Anthony Martial dan James sama-sama sekali membobol gawang Si Biru.

James merupakan pencetak gol keempat MU ke gawang Chelsea. Pemain nomor punggung 21 itu menerima umpan Paul Pogba, mengecoh bek Chelsea, lalu menceploskan bola ke gawang.

Saat melakukan perayaan, James terlihat emosional. Dia mempersembahkan gol itu untuk mendiang ayahnya, yang meninggal dunia beberapa saat sebelum James pindah ke MU dari Swansea City.

"Seperti itu bagaimana pemain harus melakukan perayaan gol mengenakan seragam ini di stadium kita @DanielJames97 @ManchesterUnited," kata Beckham mengomentari unggahan akun Instagram klub.

Komentar Bechkam itu mendapatkan respons positif dari pendukung Man United. Ada lebih dari 30 ribu likes, juga 421 balasan dari para fans klub Manchester merah.
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2019, 09:20 AM   #27
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United winger Daniel James was so close to joining fierce rivals Leeds he posed with his name on the shirt before complaining 'they just won't sign' as Swansea pulled the plug at the last minute

* Daniel James moved to Manchester United during the summer transfer window
* But he came very close to moving to Leeds United on January deadline day
* The deal collapsed dramatically and it was all captured in a new documentary

Daniel James may have got his Manchester United career off to a flyer with a goal on his debut but his path as a player could have been very different.

The Wales international became one of United's priority signings for the summer transfer window and they eventually snapped him up for £17million from his first club Swansea City.

But he came incredibly close to signing for fierce rivals Leeds United in the January window instead, which could have scuppered any future switch.

Daniel James came so close to signing for Leeds that he was pictured posing with his shirt

An emotional James hugs Leeds' director of football Victor Orta after the deal collapsed

James was identified as a key target by manager Marcelo Bielsa and director of football Victor Orta, and he even travelled up to Elland Road on January deadline day before posing with the kit.

The deal would collapse in dramatic fashion, which has been retold in Amazon's new documentary about Leeds' 2018-19 season, Take Us Home.

The winger had a medical at their Thorp Arch base, during which time Matt Grice, Leeds' team manager asked: 'I'm getting kit printed up for training tomorrow, any idea on numbers?'

James replied: '21 mate'.

There were clear issues, with Swansea's owners in the United States and those in Wales struggling to agree a price.

Orta was filmed sending a text at 3.30pm that read: 'Any word from Swansea? We are all here waiting.'

But neither side of the Swansea deal returned calls from Leeds or text messages.

When James was told that this was an issue, he tells Orta: 'We're nearly there...'

Instead, he moved to Manchester United and ended up scoring on his debut against Chelsea. James instead signed for United during the summer transfer window and has impressed

Speaking in the documentary defender Luke Ayling admitted: 'A few of the boys started chucking in the group to Mooney (Leeds' head of media) talk to us, is it getting done here?

'Mooney's still at like 9.30pm, 10 o'clock, "Trust me boys, it's getting done but the Swansea owner's just taking longer to get back to us. Everything's done, now we're just waiting for a phone call to sign off on it, it's all done".'

With an hour left until the window shut, James started signing some of the paperwork in his contract in order to speed the deal up.

He was congratulated by those sat around him, thinking a deal was done, but Orta said: 'Still no, still no.'

Leeds chief executive Angus Kinnear then heard back from Swansea but it was not good news. Boardroom problems at the Welsh club meant Leeds were struggling to get it over the line.

Orta responded when told: 'He told me the other.'

Leeds tried to apply for the 15-minute extension on the basis someone in Wales would answer their phone calls.

Kinnear said: 'Huw's not answering my phone calls. Can Jason (Levein, Swansea's American owner) sign?'

Orta added: 'We accept their details.'

But the deal collapsed and could not be pushed across the line due to the issues within Swansea's hierarchy. James remained a Swansea player and an emotional Orta was left in tears.

James was clearly disappointed by the outcome and admitted in a phone call: 'I've been here all day and everything's done man. They just won't sign.'

Having not signed for Leeds, James joined United and bagged on his competitive debut against Chelsea. He is likely to feature when Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side face Wolves on Monday.

Leeds went on to drop from top spot in the Championship to third and ended up losing a play-off semi-final against Derby.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7363425/Man-Utd-ace-Daniel-James-close-joining-Leeds-posed-shirt.html
Old 20-08-2019, 09:53 AM   #28
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Daniel James' lightning pace gives Man United's attack a major boost... but he needs to stop looking for fouls to avoid pointless yellow cards

* Daniel James was handed his first Manchester United start in 1-1 draw at Wolves
* The summer signing impressed during spells with his lightning speed in attack
* However he still has a lot to learn and must stop searching for fouls on the ball

A collective wince could be felt from the away end when Daniel James went haring off to halt Raul Jimenez's progress as Wolves set off on the break.

James was on a booking by this point, when possession ran free and Wolves looked to launch a counter attack.

The night was not exactly going to plan – the yellow card for simulation – and James, a youngster so desperate to impress when he scampered towards Jimenez.

Daniel James will prove an asset to Manchester United with his speed after starting at Wolves

The way his full Manchester United debut was going, this had all the hallmarks of a daft foul from behind and then the second yellow to follow. Don't do it; don't clip him.

But that fear is to forget about this guy's pace, something Ole Gunnar Solskjaer described as 'the X-Factor'.

The Wolves striker was 10 yards clear – no distance for James, whose dart was so quick he ended up the other side of his target, using his body to retain possession on halfway and halt a dangerous phase of play.

He really is lightning and that will benefit United not only in an offensive sense.

Monday night was by no means perfect for the £15million signing from Swansea, but few should really have expected it to be either.

Chelsea was a fairytale off the bench, an outpouring of emotion at the loss of his father, Kevan, over the summer, and a glimpse of things to come.

Wolves away, in the hostile Molineux environment, is a different task altogether and James will learn a lot from these evenings.

Let us not forget this is a winger who might have been turning out for Yeovil Town on loan last year, a team who dropped out of the Football League in May.

There will be an element of learning on the job and Solskjaer knows that. James will learn to be cuter, not to go looking for fouls with quite such eagerness.

It took eight minutes for the Sir Jack Hayward Stand to mercilessly boo the 21-year-old for going down easily. Jon Moss then booked it for another apparent dive.

'He was fouled for the first one,' Solskjaer said. 'He's that quick and gets kicked so many times that it's natural for him to protect himself. How many fouls did he suffer today? I've no problem that sometimes he tries to protect himself.'

What is promising is James refused to hide, which is what will please United most. He ended up a potent threat down the right towards full-time, jinking and weaving, driving at the byline.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7373239/Manchester-United-news-Daniel-James-lightning-pace-gives-attack-major-boost.html
Old 20-08-2019, 04:51 PM   #29
steve.crowford
-

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
steve.crowford has no contributions yet

Daniel James in the match against Wolves https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVkufOMkIrM
steve.crowford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2019, 09:54 AM   #30
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'He gets a lot of stick and referees need to protect him': Ryan Giggs rejects claims that Manchester United winger Daniel James is a cheat after caution for simulation at Wolves

* Daniel James was booked for dive on first start for Manchester United at Wolves
* Wales boss Ryan Giggs believes the winger needs to be protected by referees
* James was called up by Giggs for Wales' World Cup qualifiers in September

Ryan Giggs has called for Manchester United winger Daniel James to be better protected by Premier League referees, but insists the 21-year-old is no cheat.

United and Wales starlet James moved to Old Trafford this summer and was booked for diving as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side drew 1-1 with Wolves at Molineux on Monday.

James was booed throughout the rest of the game after he received a yellow card from Jonathan Moss in the 24th minute following a tussle with Joao Moutinho.

'Dan gets kicked a lot. Sometimes when you anticipate it, it can look like a dive,' said United legend and Wales boss Giggs, who handed James his international bow.

'With the speed he's going at it can look worse. He gets a lot of stick and referees need to protect him, but I'm not worried.'

James scored on his top-flight debut for United in a 4-0 win over Chelsea and started the draw with Wolves before being substituted late on.

'I've watched a lot of the pre-season games and Dan did well in them. He's playing on the right,' said Giggs. 'He usually plays on the left. It gives me a different option as well. He's done fantastic.

'I was at the game when he scored and his movement is very good. As a midfielder I wouldn't have minded playing behind a player like that.

'I thought he did well the other night against Wolves. He took a bit of stick, but I thought he grew into the game. His work ethic was really good at a difficult place.'

The Welshman was praised for his early form at Old Trafford by Wales manager Ryan Giggs. Giggs believes James needs more protection from referees due to his lightning speed

Giggs named James in his Wales squad for the must-win Euro 2020 qualifier with Azerbaijan and the friendly with Belarus next month, but left out Ashley Williams who is poised to join Bristol City.

Veteran defender Williams, 34, has been without a club this summer and has had no pre-season training.

Giggs has also told Newcastle defender Paul Dummett his international career his over after he again turned down the opportunity to join the Welsh squad.

Gareth Bale will captain Wales against Azerbaijan in the absence of Williams after a summer in which he came close to leaving Real Madrid for Chinese side Jiangsu Suning.

Bale is now back in favour at Madrid under Zinedine Zidane who had been determined to sell Wales' best player.

'Now it looks like they have sorted their differences out and Gareth is playing,' Giggs said. 'You can't take anything for granted in football because it can change quite quickly.

'I've always said he's at a fantastic club. A couple of weeks ago we wouldn't have seen this situation. It was a strange one, but hopefully now it's sorted. I'm looking forward to him meeting up.'

On Dummett, who has five caps, Giggs added: 'I spoke to Paul and he wanted to concentrate on club football. I think that will be it.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7381295/Manchester-United-news-Ryan-Giggs-rejects-claims-Daniel-James-cheat-booking.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 8
Andi Istiabudi, h-ANG, penk22_, Rendi Pardi, rio vander vidic, steve.crowford, tumpal_oneunited, zudomiriku