United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 04-03-2010, 04:36 PM   #21
Jak_Ilcapitano_11
first team
provocatROc

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Jak_Ilcapitano_11 is a jewel in the roughJak_Ilcapitano_11 is a jewel in the roughJak_Ilcapitano_11 is a jewel in the rough

Visit Jak_Ilcapitano_11's Facebook Visit Jak_Ilcapitano_11's MySpace Visit Jak_Ilcapitano_11's Twitter Visit Jak_Ilcapitano_11's YouTube
Default Re: Chris Smalling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernan View Post
haaha semalam blunder lwn Yunani u-21 nih kalah lg kekeke

masi bnyk waktu untuk berbenah Chris Bisa" doi dijadiin seperti patern Evans nih (amin)
Jiaahh.. iya nih perlu banyak waktu kayanya.. tapi mudah2an waktu yg bisa diambil anak ini sama kaya waktu Vidic ngambil beberapa waktu utk penyesuaian sampai akhirnya jadi Bek paling tangguh di dunia saat ini.. Amiien lg lah

btw.. klo gasalah debutnya nih anak lawan Australia lgs dikartu kuning yah,, klo menurut penilaian banyak pengamat sana.. karena kakinya terlalu panjang maka seringkali terlambat tackling ato menarik kakinya sendiri setelah melakukan tackling (yg seharusnya bersih, wasit jd melihat itu sebuah pelanggaran) NAH LOH !!??

C'mon SMALLING keep trying to be the best like our Vidic!! DON'T GIVE UP SOON BOY!!!
Jak_Ilcapitano_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:41 PM   #22
hendiplast
captain
ONE OK ROCK - The Beginning

Thanked 1,534 Times in 978 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
hendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to behold

Chris Smalling takes his first steps towards a very big future

An FA Cup run with Fulham is a taste of things to come for the impressive centre-half for Manchester United

Chris Smalling at Fulham's Motspur Park training ground as he prepares for the FA Cup quarter-final against Tottenham Hotspur. Illustration: Tom Jenkins

Chris Smalling grew up in a household that in footballing terms was quite a battleground. His mum, Theresa, followed Tottenham. He supported Arsenal. His father, Lloyd, and younger brother Jason plumped for Manchester United. Little did this young Gunner know that one day he would be playing at White Hart Lane, about to meet Sir Alex Ferguson, and that his world would spin upside down in the most thrilling way imaginable.

Sitting in the wintry sunshine at Fulham's training ground, Smalling gives the impression that he is remarkably calm about the recent turn of events that led him to sign for Manchester United. He will move to Old Trafford in the summer, just two years after he left Maidstone in the Isthmian League, six tiers below the top flight. Those promising feet are grounded. There is enough apprehension mixed in with the excitement to prevent any sudden swagger. "It's been a really crazy couple of years," he says, bashfully.

The craziness peaked last month. His career was progressing steadily at Craven Cottage, and Smalling had been selected for his second Premier League start for an away match at Tottenham Hotspur. Nobody said a word before kick-off as Fulham's management team wanted him to be concentrating fully, but afterwards he was pulled aside and informed that Ferguson had come to watch him and wanted to talk to him. Considering that it was the eve of the Carling Cup semi-final second leg, with United preparing to play City at Old Trafford, Smalling was bowled over to discover that the manager of the Premier League champions would make such an effort. Just for him. Up until that point he had played 239 minutes of Premier League football.

"For him to come down the day before a big game was a huge compliment," he says. "That made it feel incredible. I went up the next day to the Manchester derby and got to meet some of the players afterwards. I went to see the training ground, did the medical, and everyone was very welcoming."

The 20-year-old found himself chewing the fat with one of his role models, Rio Ferdinand, a fellow south London boy who told him about moving north at a young age to further his career. "He told me I would very much enjoy it up there," adds Smalling, who returned to London enthusing about how he might pick up some tips from the main man next season and hopefully even play alongside him in the centre of defence.

That treatment worked. The player had been torn when it emerged that his boyhood club, and one much closer to home, was also in the chase. But Arsène Wenger did not put in the personal effort that Ferguson did, a reversal of what happened when Aaron Ramsey was the prize they fought over.

"When Sir Alex came and met me and I went to go up and visit, I had the gut feeling this was the place for me to continue my football education," Smalling says. "My brother was just over the moon. Being a Man United fan he is going to want a few tickets. My mum and brother are so proud of me."

So they should be. Few players make the leap from non-league to Champions League within a couple of years. Not so long ago Smalling was making plans for a life where the idea of football as a career was a hope rather than an expectation. He worked hard at school, and his A-level passes in economics, business studies and media secured him a university place. "I would have gone to Loughborough to study business management and was looking forward to that very much," he says.

While studying for his exams at 17 he was also playing for Maidstone United. He trained twice a week and played matches at the weekend, experiencing a side of football he appreciates for giving him perspective. "My team-mates had different jobs," he recalls. "A few worked in the city, some did building and carpentry, a lot of them had played in the league at a higher level but dropped down for whatever reason, whether they were coming to the end of their career or had an injury and struggled to get back," he says. "That makes you value the opportunity you have."

Thankfully, once he reached the first team at Maidstone he did not have to take his kit home for mum to deal with, but he still had to get himself to matches and cadged lifts from his friends. "Some games would be a bit of a nightmare if there was traffic and you'd be rushing for kick-off. Not the sort of thing you do in the Premier League."

Naturally, as a teenager, he was targeted by the gnarled veterans of the Isthmian League. "Their game is geared to sort of roughing you up if they see they are up against someone who has played a handful of times. That gave me a grounding in the less pretty side of the game. I like to get the ball down and play, but I can always get stuck in and hold my own."

He was picked for England schoolboys, a selection that opened the door to trials with a couple of Premier League clubs, and it was Fulham who felt right in the summer of 2008. "After playing a reserve game Roy Hodgson took me into his office and complimented me on my game. We had a general chat, he was telling me about when he played for Maidstone back in the day, so it all felt very nice to be at the club. They gave me a chance, they saw some raw ability and it has been a joy working here every day."

Smalling is hopeful he can experience some tangible success with his team-mates before he bids them farewell. Fulham has got under his skin, and he would dearly love some cup success, with Tottenham in the FA Cup quarter-finals today and Juventus in the Europa League on the horizon. "The chance of getting to Wembley, and playing against the likes of Juventus, shows how far we have come as a group."

In the meantime, he is juggling plates again. When not focusing on Fulham, he is planning for Old Trafford. He has already started the search for a place to live, and wants to get sorted before the summer so he is ready to hit the ground running in pre-season.

Overall, he could hardly be more sensible. Ferguson knows his £10m has been spent on a player who does not just have the talent to go far, but the work ethic and level-headedness as well. He even wants to continue his studies while he is at Manchester United. "I'd like to pick it up as there is obviously quite a bit of spare time after training, to get a few qualifications for after football."

Smalling has another thing going for him. As he gets up from his seat when our conversation draws to a close, he seems to go on forever. Some footballers are not as big as you expect in the flesh, but Smalling towers. It is necessary to crane your neck to say goodbye and apparently all 6ft 4in of him is yet to fill out. Manchester United just might have bought themselves a very big player for the future.

Guardian
hendiplast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2010, 06:52 PM   #23
Supernan
first team
dope

Thanked 1,534 Times in 637 Posts
Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Supernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of light

Fulham's Chris Smalling getting bloopers out of the way before joining Manchester United

By Sportsmail Reporter
Last updated at 10:47 AM on 29th March 2010

Chris Smalling will be a few months short of his 21st birthday when he joins Manchester United but Fulham boss Roy Hodgson insists the youngster will be close to the finished article.

The centre-half will move to Old Trafford in the summer after the two clubs agreed a £10million fee earlier in the season.

And Cottagers boss Hodgson joked that Smalling is getting all of his mistakes out of his system with the west Londoners after he endured a miserable 90 minutes on Saturday as his side crashed 2-0 to Hull.

He'll cope with the pressure of playing at Old Trafford. I'm doing Alex a favour, letting him get his mistakes out of the way at Fulham,' said Hodgson.

'Had he not been signed by United then the criticism would be quite different. But now all eyes are on him.'

================================================== ==========

Setiap diturunin doi buat blunder nih, pas di timnas u-21 dan Fulham.

Semoga ga overated nih bocah, 10 juta pound gila!!! Buat seorang pemaen yg 2 musim lalu masi maen di klub Non Liga!! hahaha

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Individual Win Games, But Teams win Titles
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Supernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2010, 07:00 PM   #24
Oncy
Founder
-

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Oncy Ready for being a real United Indonesia

Iya lihat highlight nya Fulham vs Hull, Smalling bermaiin mengcewakan... Benar kata agan Obet, moga2 SAF ga menilainya overrated. Tp waktu maiin di U-21 England vs Portugal dia bermain solid. Tp benar Wenger sih jg minta bgt sblm lsg ditikung sm SAF, mungkin mainnya terlalu mikirin disorot oleh football pundit apalagi fans United jd grogi tingkat tinggi ga bs lepas... hahaha......
Oncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2010, 07:53 PM   #25
zeavhere
first team
http://afaizn.com

zeavhere will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernan View Post
Fulham's Chris Smalling getting bloopers out of the way before joining Manchester United

By Sportsmail Reporter
Last updated at 10:47 AM on 29th March 2010

Chris Smalling will be a few months short of his 21st birthday when he joins Manchester United but Fulham boss Roy Hodgson insists the youngster will be close to the finished article.

The centre-half will move to Old Trafford in the summer after the two clubs agreed a £10million fee earlier in the season.

And Cottagers boss Hodgson joked that Smalling is getting all of his mistakes out of his system with the west Londoners after he endured a miserable 90 minutes on Saturday as his side crashed 2-0 to Hull.

He'll cope with the pressure of playing at Old Trafford. I'm doing Alex a favour, letting him get his mistakes out of the way at Fulham,' said Hodgson.

'Had he not been signed by United then the criticism would be quite different. But now all eyes are on him.'

================================================== ==========

Setiap diturunin doi buat blunder nih, pas di timnas u-21 dan Fulham.

Semoga ga overated nih bocah, 10 juta pound gila!!! Buat seorang pemaen yg 2 musim lalu masi maen di klub Non Liga!! hahaha
iya nih bikin deg-deg an aja, bisa-bisa kalau gabung united kalau tiap kali mainnya gini terus dapet semprot terus dari fergie nih, semoga aja penampilannya semakin baik lah .
zeavhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2010, 09:03 AM   #26
fredrian.seven
captain
Welcome Mou

Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
fredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant future

England Under-21 Boss Stuart Pearce: Chris Smalling Can Meet The High Expectations At Manchester United
Fulham man must play to his strengths when he moves on...
By Alex Dimond Apr 21, 2010 3:40:00 PM - goal.com

England under-21 manager Stuart Pearce believes Fulham defender Chris Smalling has the ability to live up to expectations when he moves to Manchester United in the summer.

The 20-year-old has put in some mixed performances since the announcement in January that he would be moving on to Old Trafford at the end of the season, making a few notable mistakes and struggling to dislodge Brede Hangeland and Aaron Hughes in Roy Hogdson's side.

But Pearce, who has worked closely with Smalling, believes that the player will do a fine job for Sir Alex Ferguson — as long as he maintains the same attitude that saw him come to Fulham's attention in 2008 while playing for non-league Maidstone United.

"The main thing is for Chris to remain the same lad he was at Maidstone United," Pearce told BBC Kent.

"I've worked with him in the under-21s and he's level-headed and intelligent.

"The important thing for him now is to take the opportunity he's been given."

It is believed Manchester United paid Fulham £7 million for Smalling when they signed him on a four-year contract, and consequently the expectations of joining one of Europe's most successful sides will be high.

But Pearce believes the youngster has shown already in his career that he has the ability and mentality to cope with such pressure.

"Chris came on to the radar when he signed for Fulham, but now he's gone to Manchester United even more will be expected from him," he said.

"He'll still have his talent, he just needs to fulfil the expectation of him."
fredrian.seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2010, 08:14 PM   #27
hendiplast
captain
ONE OK ROCK - The Beginning

Thanked 1,534 Times in 978 Posts
hendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to behold

Smalling Langsung Jadi Starter MU Musim Depan

VIVAnews - Manchester United hampir pasti mendatangkan pemain muda Fulham FC, Chris Smalling untuk musim 2010-2011. Sang pemain sangat yakin karena telah berbicara langsung dengan Manajer MU, Sir Alex Ferguson.

Fergie, kata Smalling, bahkan sudah menjanjikan satu tempat di tim inti. "Saya pasti siap bersaing untuk mendapat tempat di tim inti," kata Smalling seperti dikutip dari Sport UK, Senin 26 April 2010.

"Sir Alex mendudukkanku dan menjelaskan posisiku, juga kemana aku akan pergi," tuturnya lagi.

Smalling yang berposisi sebagai defender dipastikan mendapat saingan dari Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic dan Jonny Evans. Itu belum termasuk dua nama besar lain yaitu Wes Brown dan John O'Shea.

Namun, Smalling yang pernah memperkuat timnas Inggris U-21 menyebut persaingan itu sebagai 'sanjungan.' "Itu adalah pujian yang menunjukkan kalau Anda bernilai dan mudah-mudahan saya bisa membayarnya," kata Smalling. (one)
• VIVAnews
hendiplast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2010, 05:12 PM   #28
SEndArising
-

SEndArising Ready for being a real United Indonesia

I've seen little of Smalling, only the Chelsea game which was before the transfer to us was announced. Thought he had a decent game apart from the own of course

Have people on United Indonesia seen more of Smalling than me? What are your opinions?
SEndArising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:27 AM   #29
rondwisan
udah sebelas yaa :)

Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,701 Posts
Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Visit rondwisan's Facebook Visit rondwisan's Twitter

Smalling living the dream
Premierleague.co.uk

Quote:
Chris Smalling cannot believe his rapid rise in the game
"If you had told me that I'd be in a European final back when I was at Maidstone then I wouldn't have believed you"
- Chris Smalling
Fulham defender Chris Smalling admits he is struggling to come to terms with his meteoric rise.

The big centre-back has gone from non-league footballer to Europa League finalist in the space of two years. Smalling's strong displays for Fulham have also paved the way for a big-money move to Manchester United this summer after he caught the eye of Sir Alex Ferguson.

He is set to travel out to Hamburg with the squad for Wednesday's Europa League final against Atletico Madrid, although he is likely to start on the bench, with Brede Handeland and Aaron Hughes preferred.

It is all a world away from where the 20-year-old was two years ago when he was turning out for Isthmian League side Maidstone United.

Great Journey

"If you would have told me that I'd be in a European final back when I was at Maidstone then I wouldn't have believed you," the England Under-21 defender said. "This is the sort of thing that I used to dream of when I went to bed at night back then. This has been a great journey for us. We just have to kick on now and come away with a winners medal.

"Atletico have been regulars in the Champions League over the last few years and they have been up there in the top half of the Spanish league, but I think some of the teams that we have knocked out have been very much elite in their own countries so we have no fear.

"The management have put that belief into us that whoever we play and whoever is in our path we can get past them."
“Let’s not underestimate the other teams. They are very good teams and there are a lot of games to play before the end of the season. We’re in a good position. But that means nothing if you don’t win the next game.” - Dimitar Berbatov
rondwisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:16 PM   #30
Oncy
Founder
-

Oncy Ready for being a real United Indonesia

Did he play on weekend against Arsenal? Fulham back surely was humiliated. I dont know alot about hes performance, but once i saw him play on England U-21 vs Potugal he was solid. Hope he can deliver a success with United...
Oncy is offline   Reply With Quote

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 137
A.Per Utd, Aba_MaczUnited, abeat_bjm, adesaktiTRK, aGhaa, aldysetiabudi, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, and1, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, andrydjemb4, anenk_garcia, Ardiey11, arik_, asby_ansya, Aso Chrisjefta, asririzky, ayahocta, Azrul Red United, bang_zak, beckz_on7, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, bmanutd, Bulma, chest, chincarito, christof_ww, cynta, dannyboy, dayat_5, Deddy Hernandez, delongedee, dery pramudito, dhodoadrian, ditra wirochadi, dudut, ecly_watchaa, Eka UPC, endhy_cantona, eyeofday, fadilbedil, Fajar_, fajrinited, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, Gustar_UIBontang, Gustiono, h-ANG, Haji Paidin, HaRrY-UIK, hendiplast, hombreng, hzent, iamsetia, iblismerah, icebreaker, id4y, irfan_thered, ivanzferdinand, jifortin, Jodirama, jojo poenya, jusri, kingherooney, King_Cantona, kykyba7, Lang25, Legolash, Mahesa_Jenar, Merahponod90, MichaelMU, mousetrap, MUFC1878, Muhammad Nizar, mygalzbiatch, ncut_lgx, NdeGue, noerdiana 11, oldark, omink_08, paiman, Peace_Devils, penk22_, pweechevalier, Rage, raviKiko14, red, Red Devils 07, Red Stain, Redsbusby, revald, rio vander vidic, Riskur, rizkimn11_, rizluq, robby7beckham, ronald hars, roodee_UID, Ryan_lallo, SatriaRedArmy, sepatu_ancur, smile_boy, sompretz, SR 7, stamansa, Syarifeghy, tasho, Trezz Kiko, tumpal_oneunited, tyquack, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, UNITED1878, united7, unreal, VaDLi, Van_Munandar, vhio, Victory, wakhid ronaldo, wazza ui, william metta, wimastio.aryo, wira_ozora, Yayat Dg Kulle, Zee de Wazza, zudomiriku, Zulfan, [skywalker]