United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Lounge

Old 03-01-2017, 05:19 PM   #1
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default 2017 : Peringatan 20 Tahun Pensiunnya Eric Cantona

Tanpa terasa kita kini sudah berada di tahun 2017 yang artinya hampir 20 tahun silam, legenda Manchester United Eric "The King" Cantona memutuskan pensiun dari sepakbola profesional tahun 1997 saat berakhirnya musim kompetisi 1996/1997. Bagi sebagian fans United tahun 90an di Indonesia, Cantona adalah sosok yang sangat berpengaruh dan berwibawa dalam skuad Alex Ferguson saat itu, bahkan bagi saya pribadi adalah Cantona yang membuat saya jatuh hati dan menjadi pendukung Manchester United hingga saat ini. Dalam rangka 20 tahun pensiunnya King Eric, mari kita saling berbagi opini dan pendapat tentang legenda United asal Perancis tersebut

Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andi Istiabudi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2017, 08:06 PM   #2
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: 2017 : Peringatan 20 Tahun Pensiunnya Eric Cantona

Berita pensiunnya Cantona menghiasi halaman muka dari sejumlah koran ternama Inggris tahun 1997 silam ...

Old 04-01-2017, 12:44 PM   #3
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi Istiabudi View Post
bahkan bagi saya pribadi adalah Cantona yang membuat saya jatuh hati dan menjadi pendukung Manchester United hingga saat ini
wah...sama kayak saya nih. walaupun saya paling ngefans sama Beckham, namun Cantona lah yg membuat saya jadi suka dengan United. waktu itu liat Cantona main (lupa lawan siapa), kemudian 'jatuh hati' deh dengan United
Old 04-01-2017, 07:48 PM   #4
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by zudomiriku View Post
wah...sama kayak saya nih. walaupun saya paling ngefans sama Beckham, namun Cantona lah yg membuat saya jadi suka dengan United. waktu itu liat Cantona main (lupa lawan siapa), kemudian 'jatuh hati' deh dengan United
Mungkin kita sama-sama terpesona dengan sosoknya yang selalu menaikkan kerah jerseynya saat tampil di lapangan. Waktu itu sih kelihatannya keren banget menurut saya, hehehe...
Old 04-01-2017, 10:32 PM   #5
Andi Istiabudi
manager

HAIL KING ERIC !!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Andi Istiabudi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2017, 06:23 AM   #6
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Inilah pemain yang dibeli secara khusus Alex Ferguson untuk menggantikan peran Cantona di United, Teddy Sheringham. Sayang meski akhirnya berhasil membawa United juara treble 1999 tapi secara kualitas dan teknik permainan menurut saya masih di bawah Cantona

Old 15-01-2017, 01:48 AM   #7
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Melalui surat ini kita bisa mengetahui dan memahami bahwa Alex Ferguson masih sangat menghormati sosok Eric Cantona, meskipun saat itu sudah tidak lagi menjadi pemain asuhannya di Manchester United.

Old 25-02-2017, 06:38 AM   #8
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Entah benar atau tidak namun kabarnya saat United juara Champions 1999, Cantona turut hadir di ruang ganti pemain di satdion Camp Nou untuk kemudian memberikan selamat serta merayakan kemenangan bersejarah United tersebut. Sangat disayangkan selama membela United Cantona tidak pernah merasakan gelar juara Champions. But he's still and always be a King !!!
Old 15-04-2017, 08:05 PM   #9
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Artikelnya keren nih

What ever happened to Eric Cantona? The Man Utd legend who traded Kung-fu kicks for movie stardom

The French genius quit football almost 20 years ago, and has become a star of the big screen since calling time on his career at Old Trafford

When a press conference related to Eric Cantona was called by Manchester United in May 1997 it was the common consensus that a new contract was to be announced. The Frenchman’s retirement just a few days before his 31st birthday stunned United supporters all across the world.

Even Sir Alex Ferguson didn’t want to believe the star No.7 was done with football, telling Cantona in a letter three months later: “When we re-started training, I kept waiting for you to turn up as normal but I think that was in hope not realism and I knew when we met at Mottram your time at Manchester United was over.”

He had been the beating heart of a United side who had ended a 26-year title drought and gone on to collect four Premier League trophies in five seasons. Despite the kung-fu kick on Crystal Palace fan Matthew Simmons which saw him banned for eight months in 1995, his time at Old Trafford had been overwhelmingly positive thanks to his brash flair-filled style, his artistic arrogance, enviable skill set and mesmeric leadership.

At the time it felt like such a shame. Here was one of the most talented and captivating footballers of many a generation abandoning the game at an early age. Moreover, he was not quitting to become a manager or to play a different role within football, but was waving goodbye to the sport entirely.

Having already played a couple of cameo roles in an independent French film and a TV drama, he would quickly become an adept supporting actor in the film world, most notably in the 1998 film Elizabeth with Cate Blanchett and future Doctor Who lead Christopher Eccleston. Later, he would be the main subject of the excellent Ken Loach drama ‘Looking For Eric’ in which a Manchester United fan looks to draw inspiration from Cantona in dealing with serious issues in his family life.

In total he has appeared in more than 20 movies since his retirement, most recently playing the male lead in a Croatian fantasy drama called Anka in which he meets up with a young girl fleeing from a difficult home life.

Over the past 12 months he has also been catching the eye in a series of Eurosport TV advertisements, acting as the ‘Commissioner of Football’ in which he passes sentence on the latest headlines and controversies in the game.

From the mimicking of Oscars errors and the application to become England manager to commenting on French politicians and labelling Lionel Messi a “poor man’s Justin Bieber”, Cantona has offered a refreshingly unique take on the modern game with his periodic missives. Since his retirement from football almost 20 years ago, his direct involvement in the game has been limited - so long as we’re not counting a brief foray into beach soccer.

Beyond his acting career Cantona has also dabbled with photography, explaining in 2009: “I like to be fascinated by the people I photograph. Sometimes I don’t admire people but I’m interested about their lives. I’d like to do [photograph] a dictator, I don’t like them, but I’m interested about them.”

He has become known for his views on French politics, speaking out on both president Francois Hollande and former prime minister and current presidential nominee Francois Fillon during his TV soapbox skits. He has also shown his hand at film-making with a series of TV documentaries aired in his home country.

A tour of public speaking engagements in early 2017 courted some controversy when tickets worth up to £1,000 a head were sold for an evening with Cantona which turned into a glorified auction with only 45 minutes of pre-planned questions for the star of the show. Fans were also asked to take no pictures or videos despite the costly outlay, and some booed when left waiting over an hour for Cantona to take the stage.

It was one of Cantona’s rare forays into the public arena, but perhaps it is no great surprise that he has largely stepped away from the everyday spotlight since his retirement considering his persona back in his dressing-room days.

“Cantona led by his presence more than anything else, his charisma,” said United midfielder Roy Keane. “A captain doesn’t have to be loud; Eric rarely said a word.” Former Marseille team-mate Chris Waddle added: “I found Eric a nice lad. He used to come in on his Harley Davidson and he was fine, quiet.”

He has had the odd flirtation with football since 1997, with his appearances in benefit games at Old Trafford and beyond supplemented with an ill-fated spell as director of soccer at New York Cosmos. In 2011, he appeared in an advert puffing on a cigar and announcing “We are back” as Pele’s former club relaunched their brand ahead of a 2013 return, but in 2014 he was fired after receiving a police caution for assaulting a photographer in London. He would later file a law suit against the club over almost $1 million in unpaid salary.

The quiet guy with the loud temperament left one hell of an impression on United fans, who still sing his name to this day as they continue to reminisce about one of the greatest players ever to play for their club. Eric, though, does not share their love for looking back at the past.

“I don’t know where my medals are. No shirt, nothing,” he told the BBC in 2011. “I played for France 45 times, we had two shirts for every game, so that’s 90 shirts… I don’t have even one. I don’t want to have something that keeps me in memories like a prison. It was a strong time, the adrenaline was great. But you can feel very quickly like a prisoner of your past.

“I prefer to be free and think about tomorrow. I want to look forward, to have new ambitions, new goals, new passions.”

What will tomorrow bring for the nomadic post-footballing Eric Cantona? Whether film, tv, photography, cinema, poetry, beach soccer or a completely new passion, there is one thing for certain about the future according to the man himself.

“I support United, still, and all my life. I will die with United in my heart.”

www.goal.com
Old 03-09-2017, 08:52 PM   #10
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Lagi iseng buka Youtube eeh tidak sengaja tadi menemukan video ini. Hail King Eric !!!

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 19
alfiandrmwn, Andi Istiabudi, Blacklist7, chincarito, delongedee, fredrian.seven, h-ANG, Hanifan91, haryo adi n, penk22_, Rean, reza willya, rio vander vidic, Riskur, rohibur rizqi, smile_boy, Wisnu Edwards, zudomiriku