View Single Post
Old 25-02-2021, 09:00 AM   #22
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Erling Braut Haaland

'I keep in touch with him... we'll see what happens after Dortmund': Ole Gunnar Solskjaer drops a major hint on Erling Haaland talks, hours after agent Mino Raiola suggested Man United CAN buy him

* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says he still regularly speaks to Erling Haaland
* Man United tried to sign the forward before he joined Borussia Dortmund
* Haaland's agent Mino Raiola said four Premier League clubs could afford him
* The forward has already scored an incredible 92 career goals in 137 games

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has said he still keeps in touch with Erling Haaland as Manchester United continue to be linked with the rising star.

Solskjaer worked with the Norway international at Molde and attempted to take him to Old Trafford before the striker swapped Red Bull Salzburg for Borussia Dortmund at the start of last year.

Real Madrid and United are two of the clubs to have been regularly linked with a move for Haaland and Solskjaer admitted he still speaks to the 20-year-old on a regular basis.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says he still keeps in touch with Erling Haaland. Haaland and Solskjaer worked together at Molde before the manager left to go to Old Trafford

'I think when you have had kids and players through as a coach you follow them,' Solskjaer said when asked about Haaland's current form.

'I keep in touch with Erling - it is great to see him become the player he has become.

'He is a Dortmund player and we wish him well there. Let's see what life will bring later on.'

The 20-year-old striker is already a prolific goalscorer, netting 92 times in just 137 games. The forward has also scored six times in seven games for the Norwegian national side

The forward has already scored an incredible 92 career goals in just 137 games. This season, he has 27 across 25 games in all competitions.

He has also scored six times in seven games for Norway.

When asked whether their pursuit of Haaland proved United had changed their recruitment style, Solskjaer responded: 'One, you know I can't speak too much about Erling - it's disrespectful to say more than I know him and speak to him.

'Who wasn't interested in him a year ago? For me in our recruitment we have done well.

'The signings we have made since I came to the club have all contributed.

'We have to compliment what we already have with other players. I am happy with our model.'

Haaland's agent, Mino Raiola said on Wednesday that 10 clubs in total, including in the Premier League, could afford to sign the striker.

'It is obvious that everybody is looking at Erling as one of those potential new future stars because it's so difficult to do what he does at his age at his level,' he told the BBC.

'He will be one of the future stars of the next decade because we see that stars such as Ibrahimovic, Ronaldo and Messi are coming to an age where everyone asks themselves: "How long can we still enjoy them?" So everyone is looking for the new generation.

'Only a maximum of 10 clubs can afford to buy [Haaland] and give the platform you would like after you've been in Dortmund… and four of those clubs are in [England].

'I don't think there's a sports director or trainer in the world who would say 'not interested'. It's like saying: 'Is there a Formula 1 team who would not be interested in having Lewis Hamilton?'

As well as United and Madrid, Liverpool and Barcelona have also been heavily linked with signing the striker.

United failed in their bid to sign Jadon Sancho from Dortmund last year but recent reports suggest they could be swayed by bids for the England international this summer. However, they are expected to do their utmost to keep hold of Haaland, despite the possibility of missing out on Champions League football next season.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9295187/Man-United-Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-admits-regularly-keeps-touch-Erling-Haaland.html