View Single Post
Old 05-04-2022, 09:50 AM   #3799
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wayne Mark Rooney

Wayne Rooney reveals he'd 'LOVE to manage' Everton and Manchester United in the future... as the Derby County boss reveals he rejected Toffees' approach as 'it wasn't the right time' to take hot seat of boyhood club

* Wayne Rooney made an appearance on Monday Night Football on Sky Sports
* The Derby boss spoke openly about his ambitions in football management
* He says he'd love to one day take charge of the two clubs closest to his heart

Wayne Rooney hopes that he will one day get to manage one of the two clubs that are closest to his heart.

Rooney has done well since taking the difficult job at Derby County but admits a return to Everton or Manchester United is a career ambition.

The 36-year-old grew up and Everton fan and began his career with them before joining United, where he spent 13 seasons.

Asked on Monday Night Football about his future, he said: 'There are two clubs: Everton and Manchester United. I'm an Everton fan, I was at Man Utd for 13 years. I feel if I keep doing what I'm doing, keep learning, keep improving, those two clubs one day in the future I'd love to go and manage.

Wayne Rooney says he'd love to manage Everton or Manchester United in the future. Rooney has made a good start to life in management in a tricky situation at Derby County

'You've got to trust in yourself and believe in yourself. Of course there will be temptation there. There might be offers that come in and you think, "I'm going to go for that". But you need to be in the right place and I believe I'm in the right place. I'm developing as a manager, developing as a coach and I'm learning.

'I understand when Frank Lampard went to Chelsea, it's so difficult to say no. But when you go into one of these big clubs you need to make sure it's the right time and you're able to develop and take that club forward.

'I got approached by Everton to interview for the manager's job but I'm in a job, I'm still learning and I felt it wasn't the right time.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10686119/One-day-Id-love-Wayne-Rooney-hopeful-charge-Man-United-Everton-one-day.html