United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Manager & Staff

Old 01-10-2022, 11:40 AM   #11
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Erik ten Hag

TEN HAG SHOWS SUPPORT AT LOCAL FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT

Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag was in attendance to show his support at an annual football tournament for people who are homeless.

Organised since 2010 by The Salvation Army, a worldwide Christian church and registered charity, the Partnership Trophy is a five-a-side competition which provides an opportunity for teams across the UK to come together for a day of football, celebrating their achievements on and off the pitch.

This year’s competition took part on Thursday and was contested between 20 teams at the Goals football centre in Manchester, where the players were cheered on by Erik and former England captain Terry Butcher.

The event is also supported by the Guardiola Sala Foundation, set up by Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola and his family, and has been attended in previous years by the likes of Guardiola and former Red Juan Mata.

The teams were comprised from The Salvation Army's services across the UK with players a part of lifehouses (hostels), outreach programmes, and Salvation Army Housing Association (SAHA) services, all of which provide support for people who are homeless.

The 2022 competition also saw the refugees and survivors of modern slavery, who receive wide-ranging support at The Salvation Army’s safehouses, taking part.

Speaking after taking in the action, Erik said: “It was fantastic to attend today’s [Thursday's] event in Manchester with The Salvation Army. The organisation does great work in supporting homeless people to rebuild their lives.

“Homelessness is a difficult problem in our city and anything I can do to raise awareness by coming to events like this is important. It was great to see everyone playing football together, showing energy, spirit and teamwork to promote wellbeing.”

Assistant director of the homelessness services unit for The Salvation Army, Major Hilarie Watchorn, added: “Our annual Partnership Trophy celebrates those we support through our homelessness services and all that they have overcome and, indeed, the journey that they are still on.

“Today has been a wonderful example of everyone coming together to work together and build on their experiences, whilst boosting mental and physical health as well as social skills.

“We’re thrilled that both Erik ten Hag and Terry Butcher could join us today and that they, along with Guardiola Sala Foundation, have supported us at this year’s event and we send our heartfelt thanks to them all.

“It’s encouraging for our service users to see people giving up their time, not to mention a real boost to their self-esteem and confidence, seeing that they’re on the right path and there is hope for the future.”

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 07:03 PM   #12
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

TEN HAG: WE ARE READY FOR THE PRE-WORLD CUP PERIOD

Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag is happy with the work that has been done behind the scenes at the club over the course of the recent international break in order to be as prepared as possible for the busy block of games to come.

The Reds will play 13 times across the Premier League and Europa League over the next 43 days, starting with this afternoon’s short trip over to the Etihad Stadium for the Manchester derby with City (14:00 BST).

While 16 of Ten Hag’s players represented their nations at senior level over the hiatus, the preparation and planning has been continuing behind the scenes at Carrington, between those that stayed at the club and the backroom staff.

Erik is confident that United took full advantage of the interval – lengthened by the postponement of our two previous league fixtures – and are now ready to tackle an action-packed agenda head on, before the World Cup's kick-off in November.

That’s what he told us in his pre-match interview prior to the derby, while he also spoke about his recent award win, Pep Guardiola, Marcus Rashford’s form and more. You can read, and watch, the full interview below…

That was typically selfless of you, that’s the kind of guy you are. In the backroom staff, everyone works hard towards this common goal…
“It’s never one in football, there are a lot of people. I mentioned the players, I mentioned the backroom staff but it’s a club, there are many employees who are working on the same [goals] and if we work together, we can achieve a lot. That is what we want to express and that is the way we work in this moment in this club and I’m happy with that.”

As well as your Manager-of-the-Month award, Marcus [Rashford] picked up the Player-of-the-Month award, how pleased are you for him?
“I’m really happy for him. That tells that Marcus is back on track. He is in his middle 20s, he showed in the past in his young career already a lot. Last year was definitely a setback but you see, he’s back on that level and I’m really happy and I’m convinced he can score a lot more goals and that he will be a contributor for our team. But also, it’s a team performance that [allows] Marcus to do that work because they bring him the balls in their cooperation, so it’s good to see and it will be a stimulus for both, the manager and the players, [to know] that we are in a good direction so now, [we need to] keep going.”

How was your international break? Did you get some well-earned rest? You’ve been working so hard…
“Yeah, it’s always two things in the international break: it was long because we missed two Premier League games as well, but you can work how you cannot during the season because you go from game to game, so you work on strategies. But also, on the other side, there is time for relaxation, but you work on strategies, next games, now it comes in a block for us from October to November and there are many challenges, but we have to prepare really well, and I think we did. So, we are ready for it.”

There were actually loads of positives to take from the recent internationals, for example, goals for four of the players including Luke Shaw and Diogo Dalot. So, do you notice those kind of players coming back with a spring in their steps after playing for their countries?
“Yes, I think so the most. But also, there were some setbacks, Portugal [lost] two or three minutes before [the final whistle v Spain], they lost the final position, but I think, in general, the teams but also our individual players had successful Nations League performances. We are happy with it but also it reflects the work we are doing at Man United in this moment because the players are in the right form. That’s good to know and that belief, we have to take that with us, starting on Sunday when we go to the Etihad.”

It's always daunting for a manager during this international window because you don’t know how players are going to come back, maybe with an injury… so, how is the squad looking now you’ve got players back here?
“It’s looking, in the first moment, really good and as you say, it’s always doubtful [if your players are going to return fit from the break]. As a manager, you’re not happy, you are losing the grip, they go away. You will always be happy when they come back and they are fit, and I think in the first moment, what I see now, they are.”

As for City, you know Pep [Guardiola], you were both at Bayern Munich at the same time… did you meet much at that time?
“Yeah, we met several times and I think it’s clear, I really admire his work. Attacking football, I think it gives a lot to football, the way he wants to play football and he’s successful with it, so that what I admire from him. I got the opportunity to have a look inside his work, so I am really grateful for that.”

He’s spoken very well of you as a coach, so that relationship appears strong between the two of you…
“Yeah, I admire him, as a person, we have a good relationship. I like him, the way he is. He is really good, I feel really good, but on Sunday, we battle each other!”

City are the reigning champions and regarded as the team to beat in the Premier League, so how much are you looking forward to that challenge?
“A lot. It’s another test, it’s good to compete with the best team in the league in this moment and we are really looking forward [to it] because we are in the right direction, we have belief but now, on Sunday, something is coming to us that we really like, that we’re really looking forward to, it gives us a lot of energy and we want to challenge them.”

Although Erling Haaland has taken the headlines, they have many good players. Is it more about what you do and not worrying about the opposition?
“As you say, many good players, it’s not only one player. We have to do the things right, we have to play as a team. In possession, it’s really important against them to be brave and get the right positions, but also out of possession, that’s clear. But [we want] the right organisation and intensity.”

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 11:03 AM   #13
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

'His obsession for winning is what surprised me most': Man United's Casemiro raves about Erik ten Hag's desire to be the best as he insists the Dutchman shows qualities seldom seen before despite having worked under Carlo Ancelotti and Zinedine Zidane

* Man United midfielder Casemiro has heaped praise on team boss Erik ten Hag
* The Brazilian highlighted Ten Hag's impressive determination for winning
* Casemiro played under both Zinedine Zidane and Carlo Ancelotti at Real Madrid
* But insisted that Ten Hag shows qualities he has 'only seen in a few managers'

Manchester United's star midfielder Casemiro has heaped praise on team manager Erik ten Hag, revealing that the Dutchman demonstrates impressive qualities rarely seen elsewhere.

The five-times Champions League winner has starred under Ten Hag since completing his £70million summer move to Old Trafford, becoming a key figure in United's engine-room.

During his nine year stint at Real Madrid, the Brazilian played under Rafael Benítez, Carlo Ancelotti, Zinedine Zidane, Julen Lopetegui, and Santiago Solari. Quite the resume consisting of some of football's most fabled managers.

However, the 30-year-old believes new United boss Ten Hag demonstrates all the qualities required to bring the club back to the top of European football, despite having only joined the club in August.

When asked to appraise the impact Ten Hag has made in Manchester, Casemiro said: 'After being in football for quite a while even though I'm only 30, his obsession for winning is what surprised me the most.

Man United's Brazilian midfielder Casemiro has heaped praise on team manager Erik ten Hag. Casemiro (left) raved about Ten Hag's (right) determination for winning every match

'I think he's got many strengths, we all know it's a process and we're growing together.

'We want to win and [Ten Hag] is obsessed with teaching us and making us better to the millimetre.

'That obsession with winning is something I've only seen with very few managers.'

Ten Hag's appointment is seen as a shift in approaches in the Man United boardroom with the club determined to see the 52-year-old bring the glory days of yesteryear back to the Theatre of Dreams.

Previous disappointing managerial appointments have seen Jose Mourinho, Ole Gunnar Soskjaer, and interim appointment Ralf Rangnick all fail in their quest to challenge for the Premier League title once more.

Casemiro's decision to join the struggling Reds came as a surprise to many, with Real Madrid's willingness to let one of their most successful ever players depart the Santiago Bernabéu even more so.

Ten Hag has enjoyed a strong start to life since taking over as Man United manager. Casemiro starred under both Zinedine Zidane and Carlo Ancelotti during his nine year Real Madrid career. Casemiro insisted that Ten Hag demonstrates qualities he has 'rarely seen before'

Many quizzed the Brazilian's intentions to leave the current Champions League holders for a side competing in the Europa League as being purely financial.

However, such suggestions were re-buffed by United boss Ten Hag who explained the serial title-winning midfielder needed a new challenge having spent the majority of his career in Spain.

'In the first conversation [Casemiro] told me he needs a new challenge because at Real Madrid he won everything,' said Ten Hag.

'He was a big part at Real Madrid and they didn't want him to go but he had the feeling 'I have to go to another club, another league to prove myself', and that shows his hunger.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11387007/His-obsession-winning-surprised-Man-Uniteds-Casemiro-raves-Erik-ten-Hag.html
Old 08-12-2022, 08:24 AM   #14
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Erik ten Hag breaks his silence on Cristiano Ronaldo's Man United exit by saying 'he's gone and it's the past' before insisting the Red Devils are 'looking to the future' after the club ripped up the striker's contract

* Erik ten Hag was interviewed while out with his squad on a winter camp in Spain
* United boss had so far been silent on explosive departure of Cristiano Ronaldo
* Ten Hag was adamant that the club are looking to the future now that he has left
* Ronaldo was also dropped from the Portugal XI after frustrating his manager

Erik ten Hag consigned Cristiano Ronaldo to history as he spoke for the first time about the Portugal star's acrimonious exit from Manchester United on Wednesday.

United ripped up Ronaldo's contract last month in the wake of his interview with Piers Morgan in which he said he had no respect for Ten Hag and accused the club of betraying him.

The United manager gave only the briefest of responses when asked about Ronaldo by MUTV on the club's training trip to Cadiz.

'He's gone and it's the past,' said Ten Hag. 'We are now looking forward and we're looking to the future.'

Ronaldo has joined a number of his former team-mates at the World Cup, and Ten Hag warned that the United players must deal with the physical and mental impact of the tournament when they return from Qatar to be ready for the second half of the domestic season.

'We have a plan and we have prepared the players so there can't be any confusion about what that plan is,' he added.

'We've made the players aware of the fact that, after you are out of the World Cup, you have to return to the club and the league immediately goes on. You have to be ready for that but I think our players are used to it.

'Our players are winners and they are battling now for the World Cup. In the moment they are out - and hopefully one is the winner - they have to deal with that. With the success they have, or the defeats, they have to deal with it and of course they have to be ready for another challenge.'

Erik ten Hag has broken his silence on Cristiano Ronaldo's Man United exit in an interview. It's the first time ten Hag has addressed Ronaldo's departure since the infamous interview with Piers Morgan. At the time, Ronaldo accused ten Hag and United executives of trying to force him out. Ten Hag was speaking from Spain where he has taken his squad to for a winter training camp

It was a short, yet telling response which helps put to bed a chaotic period at United following Ronaldo's bombshell interview with Piers Morgan where he declared he had no respect for ten Hag.

At the time, Ronaldo accused Ten Hag and United executives of trying to force him out of the club, saying he has no respect for the Dutchman and feels 'betrayed'.

'I don't have respect for him because he doesn't show respect for me,' said Ronaldo.

'Some people, they don't want me here - not only the coach but the other two or three guys. Not only this year, but last year too.

'Honestly, I shouldn't say that. But listen, I don't care. People should listen to the truth. Yes, I feel betrayed.'

The Portuguese star went on to attack the state of the club, former managers and players before his contract was inevitably torn up, leaving him without a team going into the World Cup.

Ronaldo has been heavily linked with a move to Saudi Arabian side Al Nassr but he came out to deny these reports following Portugal's 6-1 win in the World Cup Round of 16, for which Ronaldo was dropped in favour of hat-trick hero Goncalo Ramos.

'No, that's not true - not true,' he told reporters after the game.'

Reports had emerged on Monday that suggested the out-of-contract star was on the verge of agreeing a huge deal with Al Nassr that would've seen him net close to £173million (€200m) per season.

It was also reported earlier today that the striker has rejected an audacious offer to join the A-League.

A-League chief Danny Townsend disclosed plans to lure Ronaldo to Australia shortly after his United exit, but has now confirmed that the 37-year-old has knocked back their offer.

Ronaldo has fuelled more frustration since his Old Trafford departure, this time in his international manager Fernando Santos, who felt compelled to drop him for his side's clash with Switzerland after the forward made a 'shh' gesture by bringing his finger to his lips when being taken off.

The Portuguese captain also made his own way to the dressing room following his side's demolition of Switzerland, having come on as a late substitute.

Ten Hag's men are currently in the Andalusian region of Spain, where they were beaten 4-2 by Cadiz on Wednesday before playing Real Betis on Saturday before the Premier League returns.

The United boss went on to say later in the interview that he feels the club are heading the right way.

'I have the feeling, we have the feeling that we are in the right direction but we also know that it’s still a lot of work to do for us here,' he added.

'With the success they have, or the defeats, they have to deal with it and of course they have to be ready for another challenge.'

Ten Hag has already hinted that there could be more opportunities for youngsters to make their mark during the winter tour and challenge some of his star players while they are away at the World Cup.

Throwing the gauntlet down, ten Hag told MUTV: 'I think this is a great opportunity for them. Normally we don't have this break and now we have this break.

'Many players are at the World Cup, so there are positions available and they [the young players] can get used in these positions.

'They can show themselves and they can challenge players who already play in the Premier League, so it's fantastic for them.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11511751/Erik-ten-Hag-breaks-silence-Cristiano-Ronaldos-exit-saying-hes-gone-past.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 5
Andi Istiabudi, annetapitt5084, rio vander vidic, tumpal_oneunited, zudomiriku