United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 04-09-2010, 08:32 AM   #11
rondwisan
udah sebelas yaa :)

Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,701 Posts
Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Visit rondwisan's Facebook Visit rondwisan's Twitter
Default Re: Quinton Fortune

ManUtd.com - 03/09/2010 07:36
On the spot: Quinton Fortune

South African ex-Red Quinton Fortune played 126 games for United and has been back at Old Trafford recently as a pundit for MUTV. He spared some time to answer fans questions on ManUtd.com...

What was it like to join one of the biggest clubs in the world? - Darryn 13
No words can adequately describe what it’s like for a kid from a township in Cape Town to be doing something like that. Never in a million years would you envisage leaving your country, never mind signing for Manchester United.

What was your favourite game for United? - Michael McNaghten
When I was growing up in South Africa we used to watch Italian football on television. AC Milan were my team and I had posters of Paolo Maldini on my bedroom wall. When I joined United and got to play against them, both at Old Trafford and the San Siro, you couldn’t put into words what it meant to me to be playing against players like Maldini, who I’d idolised. It was also a dream playing for United in Brazil’s Maracana Stadium. My first goal was in the Premier League against Bradford and what made that extra special is that my mum and dad were watching me play for the first time. So I have many favourite games!

You were known during your time at United as Mr Versatile. In which position did you prefer? - NS
I was signed for United as a left winger, but I preferred playing in the centre of midfield because I saw more action and it was great to play alongside Paul Scholes and Roy Keane, two great players. I enjoyed playing left back and also had a spell as a striker in the reserves.

How flattered were you when Roy Keane said that you were his first pick in training for five-a-side matches? - Nathan
Roy Keane was probably one of the best midfield players there has been in British football. I respected him as a player and also as a man. He is somebody I looked up to and for him to pay me that compliment was special.

Who was your best friend at Old Trafford, and are you still in touch? - hkmutd18
I didn’t have one best friend – I got on well with everybody. But I used to live near Tim Howard in Bramhall and we used to hang out together. I've kept in touch with him.

Was it frustrating to join United months after winning the Treble and to miss out on being part of that historic moment? - Robert The Red
Of course I would have loved to have been a part of that team, but I have no regrets because I played for United when it was my time. It is an honour to play for United and I was lucky to be in a great side, which had the likes of Yorke, Cole, Scholes, Giggs, the Neville brothers, Beckham, Veron, Irwin, Stam and Johnsen.

Why are so few South Africans playing in Europe compared to other African nations? - Jong Hoo Lee
For players to improve they need to leave and go to play in England, Spain, Italy and France which have the best leagues in the world. Unfortunately the players in South Africa have a good lifestyle, earn decent money and see no reason to leave.

Had it not been for injuries, do you think you would have had a more successful career with United? - kbbk
Unfortunately injuries finished my career at United and were the reason I had to move on. It was hard to accept because, had I stayed fit, I believe I would have remained at the club.
“Let’s not underestimate the other teams. They are very good teams and there are a lot of games to play before the end of the season. We’re in a good position. But that means nothing if you don’t win the next game.” - Dimitar Berbatov
rondwisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2012, 08:47 AM   #12
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Salut kepada Fortune yang memiliki kepedulian dengan masalah anak di negaranya

Fortune dreams school
Rusana Philander

After leaving Cape Town at the tender age of 14 to play professional football in Europe, Quinton Fortune is determined to start a soccer academy in South Africa to help talented youngsters reach their full potential.

Fortune, 35, who is originally from Kewtown on the Cape Flats, was visiting South Africa last week to meet with various people, including the South African Football Association, to discuss his plans.

The former Manchester United and Bafana Bafana star has been through a rough patch recently, including breaking up with his long-term mentor and manager, an acrimonious divorce and a spate of injuries which effectively brought his career to an end.

“It has been difficult to focus on soccer over the past few years, especially with the divorce and the injuries, but all of that is behind me now,” said Fortune.

He is employed by Manchester United and has been training with the United reserve team.

He believes he could still add value to local football.

Fortune wants to plough back into the community. “I know who I am and I don’t try to be some Michael Jackson.

I want to start a soccer academy, find the right talent and do something with our kids. If I could play for Manchester United – and I was not even the most talented player around when growing up – then that dream can come true for many other youngsters. It is my dream to revive what we started with FC Fortune.

“I am passionate about really doing something at home,” he said.

Fortune was discovered by Colin Gie when he was 13 and taken to England to join the Tottenham Hotspurs youth academy.

They paid for him to complete his schooling. When he became eligible for Tottenham’s senior team, he was offered a contract, but Fortune said Gie wanted too much money.

In the end he tried out at several clubs, including Chelsea, before ending up at Athletico Madrid in 1995 where he played until 1999.

That same year his dream came true to play for Manchester United, a team which he had idolised as a youngster.

“Playing at Old Trafford was the highlight of my career. I played with players such as David Beckham, Andy Cole and Ryan Giggs. All of them were great players.”

Despite being with Manchester United for more than six years, Fortune only won one league winners’ medal. This despite being part of the squad in three league winning campaigns.

Another highlight in Fortune’s career was when he made his debut in the Champions League.

The talented winger also went on to represent Bafana Bafana in two World Cup finals in France (1998) and Japan (2002).

When he is in Cape Town, Fortune still attends church in his old neighbourhood of Kewtown and he visits his parents in their home in Pinelands which he bought for them a few years ago. Fortune has strong opinions on South African soccer and feels that young players should aim to play in the best leagues in the world.

He supports Gordon Igesund’s appointment as Bafana Bafana coach. “He has consistently been the best coach in South Africa and it is good that he has been given the opportunity to coach the national team. Only time will tell what he can do with the team.

“I think that South Africa needs good coaches and young soccer players need to be trained from a junior level. But I also recommend players to go overseas to get experience.”

Fortune is a sports commentator for the Manchester United television channel and is part of their Legends Programme, where he shares his experience with younger players.

“They call me a legend there,” he smiles, almost disbelieving that he is worthy of such a tag.

Part of what he hopes to do with his academy is to make sure that other talented youngsters do not make the same mistakes he made and are able to deliver on their promise.

Source : http://www.thenewage.co.za
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2013, 04:52 PM   #13
iamsetia
first team
Setia Karpet Bireun

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
iamsetia is a name known to alliamsetia is a name known to alliamsetia is a name known to alliamsetia is a name known to alliamsetia is a name known to alliamsetia is a name known to alliamsetia is a name known to all
Visit iamsetia's Twitter

sebuah pesan moral yang bagus darinya fortune: "Ever never give up in your life."

Ertagov | Sunday, 14 July 2013 12:56 | Written by Nesru Jemal

Quinton Fortune, Former Manchester United and South African Football Star, visited SOS Children’s Village Addis Ababa on 12 July 2013.

Fortune, who underlined the importance of family for any child development, played football with children in the children’s Village, and had a chat with one of the SOS families.

Following warm welcome and a brief tour to the village, Fortune joined two children’s football teams wearing sweaters that represent the Ethiopian National Team and Manchester United to have a 20 minutes match.

During the first half of the game, Fortune played for the team with Manchester United jersey while for the second half he joined the children that represent the Ethiopian National Team.

Both teams have shown good spirit and playing skills for the community in SOS Children Village Addis Ababa.

Responding to children’s question, Fortune advised the children how it is possible to become successful in life, by say*ing,

“My advice for you guys is you need to work hard if you want to achieve anything in life. Anything you want in life is not coming easy. You need to work hard for it. You need to pay sacrifices. I left my family at 14 and work hard to reach where I’m now. You have a good foundation, family, and good support. You have a good opportunity to be successful in life.”

He said that family is very important for the development of any child. Fortune further informed the children how difficult time he spent when he left his family at 14 for Europe.

He recalled to the children what his father and mother were advis*ing him as, “Ever never give up in your life”.

Quote:
Fortune said that currently he is working as an ambassador for Manchester United-DHL partnership agreement.

He also still trained with Manchester United team, and spends some of his time working for media.

While playing for Manchester United, Fortune made 126 appearances, and scored 10 goals.

Born 21 May 1977, Fortune also represented Athletico Madrid and Bolton Wanderers.

Fortune has earned 46 caps for South Africa, including playing in the 1998 and the 2002 World Cups.
iamsetia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 04:46 PM   #14
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Tumben nih Fortune kasih komentar

Eks MU: Neymar Seperti Bukan Dirinya Sendiri

Bola.net - Mantan gelandang Manchester United, Quinton Fortune mengungkapkan pendapatnya terkait penurunan performa penyerang Barcelona asal Brasil, Neymar. Menurut Fortune, di laga kontra Celta Vigo dini hari tadi, Neymar tampil tak seperti dirinya sendiri.

Barcelona pada akhirnya berhasil memenangi laga sengit kontra Celta berkat gol semata wayang yang disumbangkan oleh Jeremy Mathieu. Dengan begitu Blaugrana tetap berhasil menjaga selisih poin atas Real Madrid.

Kendati Barca berhasil menang, Fortune mengharapkan Luis Enrique untuk lebih memperhatikan bahasa tubuh Neymar yang dianggapnya kurang baik.

"Neymar tak seperti dirinya sendiri dalam beberapa pekan terakhir." ujarnya kepada Sky Sports.

"Anda mengharapkan Neymar untuk setidaknya mengenai sasaran saat ia melakukan tembakan. Bahasa tubuhnya terlihat tidak bagus." pungkasnya.

Fortune sendiri memang sempat merumput di La Liga bersama Real mallorca dan Atletico Madrid di era 90'an. (tdm/jrc)
Old 22-06-2015, 11:54 AM   #15
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Quinton Fortune Berharap MU Juara EPL Musim Depan

Bola.net - Mantan pemain Manchester United Quinton Fortune meyakini bahwa Setan Merah bakal kembali masuk dalam salah satu tim favorit di Premier League musim depan. Ia pun berharap mantan timnya itu yang akan keluar sebagai juara nantinya.

United mengalami kebangkitan di bawah manajer baru Louis Van Gaal. Pria asal Belanda itu mampu mengantarkan timnya finis di posisi empat sekaligus mengamankan tiket ke Liga Champions.

"Setiap pertandingan di Premier League selalu sulit," kata Fortune di situs resmi klub.

"Tapi saya berharap kami berada dalam bentuk yang bagus dan pada tanggal 15 Mei kami bisa mengangkat trofi Premier League di Old Trafford."

Fortune sendiri pernah menjadi bagian dari skuat United pada tahun 1999 sampai 2006. Setelah itu pria asal Afrika Selatan itu pindah ke Bolton Wanderers dan mengakhiri karirnya di Doncaster Rovers.(if/ada)
Old 15-09-2015, 10:43 AM   #16
Andi Istiabudi
manager

FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE APPROACH AGAINST PSV EINDHOVEN

Former Manchester United midfielder Quinton Fortune is hoping the current players are as positive against PSV Eindhoven as they were in the second half against Liverpool at the weekend.

The South African enjoyed watching the likes of Ashley Young and debutant Anthony Martial take the initiative at Old Trafford on Saturday evening, when the attacking pair put the visitors firmly on the back foot after being summoned from the bench by Louis van Gaal. And while PSV will provide a different test for the players and the tacticians on the coaching staff, Fortune admits he’d love to see a similar approach to the one which sank rivals Liverpool at the Stretford End.

"Winning games is always easier said than done, as we saw in the goalless first half against Liverpool," said Fortune, when speaking to ManUtd.com on the flight to Eindhoven.

"But if we can have the same performance as we did in the second half on Saturday, then I have no doubt we can get a good result tomorrow [Tuesday] night.

"We started to be more positive when Ashley Young came on. He was running at people, something he seems to do in every game he plays. Anthony Martial was also positive when he scored his goal, when he could have easily just sat back and played a simple pass instead. It’s great to see.

"Memphis has got that ability as well, to go past people and ask questions of defenders. It’s great when you have players who are willing to run at their opponents in the final third.”

Fortune is travelling with United in a commercial role but the trip to Eindhoven inevitably stirs memories of his playing days in the Champions League, a competition he appeared in 28 times for the Reds.

"I'm very honoured to be part of this trip, with the team back in the Champions League," the ex-midfielder told us.

"It was a frustrating year when we were not involved in the competition but the manager, the coaching staff and the players did well last season. The goal was to get into Europe and now we're here, it's all about making sure we get a good performance.

"I had some great experiences in the Champions League as a player. For example, I was very fortunate to play against Real Madrid at Old Trafford in the game when we won 4-3 but lost on aggregate and Ronaldo, the Brazilian, scored a hat-trick against us and got a standing ovation.

"I came on for the last 15 minutes and it wasn't my best 15 minutes because I started kicking everyone! But it was a good performance by the team and a special night even though we went out.

"I also enjoyed playing against AC Milan, a team I grew up watching as a kid. To play against Paolo Maldini, who I had on my wall as a kid, was fantastic. In 1990, I was watching the World Cup in Italy from my home in Cape Town and then, years later, I ended up playing at the San Siro for Manchester United. These are nights you remember for the rest of your life."

Source : http://www.manutd.com
Old 02-12-2015, 09:28 AM   #17
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Sikap Fortune berbeda dengan Scholes yach perihal Van Gaal

Van Gaal Dibela dari Kritik, MU Disebut Cuma Belum 'Klik' Saja

Rifqi Ardita Widianto - detikSport

Manchester - Sepanjang musim ini Louis van Gaal mendapatkan banyak kritik terkait performa Manchester United. Posisinya dibela eks penggawa MU Quinton Fortune, menilai Van Gaal cuma butuh sedikit waktu lagi.

Performa MU sejauh ini banyak disoroti, terlepas posisi yang relatif oke di papan klasemen. Mereka saat ini ada di urutan tiga tangga Premier League dengan nilai 28, cuma tertinggal satu angka dari Manchester City dan Leicester City di urutan satu-dua.

Sorotan terhadap MU tak terlepas dari penampilan mereka yang dianggap belum meyakinkan. Di lini serang misalnya, sejauh ini MU adalah tim lima besar dengan jumlah gol paling sedikit dengan 20 gol, di belakang City, Leicester, Arsenal, dan Tottenham Hotspur. Secara keseluruhan, mereka ada di urutan tujuh soal produktivitas gol.

Kurang tajam dan gregetnya lini serang lantas membuat para penggemar dan sejumlah eks pemain membandingkan tim besutan Van Gaal ini dengan era Sir Alex Ferguson. Van Gaal disebut membuat tim terlalu banyak berputar-putar dan kurang berani dalam menusuk, sementara di era Ferguson MU tampil amat direct dan cepat.

"Kritik-kritik tersebut sedikit tidak adil karena mustahil untuk membandingkan dengan Sir Alex Ferguson, manajer terhebat mereka. Dibandingkan dengan kami dulu, gaya yang sekarang berbeda," kata Fortune dikutip Sky Sports.

"Tapi dia sudah mengatakannya ketika tiba, bahwa dia akan bekerja dengan caranya dan kita harus memperkirakan itu. Gayanya bukanlah yang diperkirakan oleh para penggemar di United, tapi Anda harus bersabar," tambahnya,

MU sendiri memang relatif seret gol belakangan ini. Sejak terakhir kali menang telak 3-0 atas Everton medio Oktober lalu, mereka cuma satu kali menang dengan selisih dua gol dalam sembilan laga.

Dua kemenangan lainnya dipetik dengan skor tipis. Sementara di lima pertandingan, mereka cuma memetik hasil imbang. Fortune percaya situasi akan segera meningkat setelah skuat menemukan titik kliknya.

"Dia adalah manajer yang suka bekerja dengan pemain muda, seperti yang Anda lihat sekarang dan dia cuma butuh sedikit waktu karena dia mengerahkan segalanya. Jika Anda melihat musim ini, ada laga-laga di mana permainannya sudah klik. Contohnya ketika melawan Everton, kami bermain sangat baik dan kita melihat sejumlah tanda atas apa yang mampu dia lakukan," ujarnya.

"Saya menunggu segala sesuatunya sudah klik. Sekali begitu, kita akan melihat sesuatu yang sangat spesial. Untuk berada di posisi saat ini dan tidak bermain baik, itu tanda yang bagus. Saya memperkirakan United untuk melaju di paruh kedua musim dan jadi lebih tangguh," demikian penggawa MU era 1999-2006 ini.
Old 16-11-2016, 11:20 PM   #18
Andi Istiabudi
manager

RUN FOR UNITED AT THE 2017 LONDON MARATHON
Story updated 12:00, 16/11/2016.

Virgin Money, Manchester United's official financial services partner in the UK, is offering 15 fans the chance to run the 2017 Virgin Money London Marathon.

The 15 runners will be raising funds for Manchester United Foundation, which is working hard to engage and inspire young people to build a better life for themselves and unite the communities in which they live.

If you're selected to take part, you'll be supported all the way to the start line, with access to the Aon Training Complex and some of the best fitness coaches in the world, along with dedicated help for the fundraising from Virgin Money Giving. And you won’t be alone...

We’ve signed our first runner! He may have hung up his football boots but former United star Quinton Fortune is already training hard and will be running alongside our 15 entrants next April.

If you’d like to join Quinton in supporting Manchester United Foundation and are prepared to put in the training needed to cover 26.2 miles in April 2017, we want to hear from you.

This is a brilliant opportunity to take part in an iconic event, the biggest single-day fundraiser on the planet. To find out more and watch an inspirational video, visit my.virginmoney.com/gamechanger.

Good luck!

http://www.manutd.com/
Old 30-11-2016, 05:26 AM   #19
Andi Istiabudi
manager

FORTUNE ANALYSES WEST HAM CUP TIE ON MUTV

Former Manchester United winger Quinton Fortune is predicting a different approach by the Reds to Wednesday’s rematch with West Ham United in the EFL Cup quarter-final.

Following Sunday’s 1-1 draw in the Premier League, the Hammers return to Old Trafford for the last-eight tie, which must be settled on the night – via extra-time and penalties, if necessary.

With Paul Pogba and Marouane Fellaini suspended, Fortune expects Michael Carrick to return to the fold, if fit, and also suggested Henrikh Mkhitaryan could be in line for another start after coming off the bench at the weekend.

During an appearance on MUTV’s Big Match Debrief programme, the South African said: “For me, Mkhitaryan's got to start. He needs games and brings that extra imagination in there.

“I've gone for Marcus Rashford on the right and Anthony Martial coming in on the left, being positive with their pace that will hopefully cause West Ham problems.

“Michael Carrick's got to come in but instead of two ‘sitters’ [holding midfielders], I would just have one – if you look at West Ham, they only have one player up front.”

www.manutd.com
Old 25-04-2017, 10:48 AM   #20
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Quinton Fortune was so exhausted after the marathon he had to be taken away by paramedics

Tommy Lewis didn't realise who Fortune was until the race was over and he could hear the crowds shouting his name

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4441384/Ex-ManU-star-Quinton-Fortune-helped-finish-Marathon.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 17
Andi Istiabudi, Blacklist7, fey777, iamsetia, indraaveiro, irfan_thered, Jak_Ilcapitano_11, MUFC1878, penk22_, reza willya, rio vander vidic, Riskur, Trezz Kiko, tumpal_oneunited, zudomiriku