United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 23-04-2021, 10:10 AM   #1421
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [Legend] Sir Alex Ferguson

Sir Alex Ferguson admits he cried tears of joy when Scotland qualified for Euro 2020, with the Manchester United legend left overwhelmed by Ryan Christie's post-match interview after beating Serbia

* Sir Alex Ferguson revealed his tears of joy when Scotland qualified for the Euros
* It will see Scotland take part in their their first major tournament since 1998
* Ferguson said he broke down during Ryan Christie's interview after the game
* He said it was a special moment which showed exactly what it meant to everyone
* Ferguson also praised boss Steve Clarke for being an 'unflappable' manager

Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed his tears of joy when Scotland qualified for the European Championship finals - and his optimism for their chances.

The former Scotland boss broke down with Ryan Christie during the Celtic midfielder's emotional interview in the aftermath of the penalty shoot-out play-off win over Serbia.

Sir Alex, marking 50 days to go until the tournament, told Glasgow's Euro 2020 team: 'When Serbia scored in the last minute I thought "oh Christ Almighty, extra-time, no chance". But they saw it through and dug their heels in.

'But Davie Marshall's save, and he didn't even know whether they had qualified or not, and everyone is jumping on top of him.

'And then the Ryan Christie interview. Christ, I was crying when I saw him crying. It was fantastic. You talk about a boost to the country - it was fantastic.

'I'm sure half the country would have watched that night. We will always remember Davie Marshall's reaction and Ryan Christie's interview.

Sir Alex Ferguson (above) revealed his tears of joy when Scotland qualified for the Euros. Scotland qualified for Euro 2020 after beating Serbia with a dramatic penalty shoot-out. The qualification will see them take part in their first major tournament since 1998

'These are special moments which encapsulate exactly what it meant to everyone. Ryan Christie was crying for Scotland, for every Scottish fan.

'So it resonates because of the love Scotland has for football. It was amazing, really amazing.'

Scotland host Czech Republic and Croatia at Hampden either side of a Wembley clash with England and Ferguson is encouraged by Steve Clarke's progress with his team.

'The thing that impresses me about Steve is that he is unflappable,' the former Aberdeen and Manchester United manager said.

'It doesn't matter whether the team is doing well or doing badly, his demeanour does not change. He is composed, he is calm, and I think that transmits to the team. There is no panic.

'They have been playing quite well. I think it's the old story, the scoring of goals. Their performance level has been very good, I have been impressed.

The former Scotland boss said their victory was a 'fantastic boost to the country'. Ferguson also said he broke down in tears during Ryan Christie's interview after the game

'I look at the midfield players and I think they are as good as anyone, players playing in England. And (Kieran) Tierney has been fantastic at Arsenal, absolutely fantastic, (Andy) Robertson the last two years at Liverpool has been unbelievable.

'And (Scott) McTominay is now emerging as one of Man United's big players. When you watch Man United pick a team for a big game, McTominay is in it. Good character, great trainer, I know a little bit about the boy.

'I signed him when he was seven or eight. He was actually a centre-forward as a kid. He has sprouted, a little bit like Darren (Fletcher) when he first came.

'McTominay is a similar type as Darren, long, lanky, good winner of the ball, good turn of pace going forward, great attitude to the game. It's really rewarding for me to see a Scott coming through.

Ferguson pictured in 1987 during his spell as the manager of Scotland

'And (John) McGinn coming through at Aston Villa has been fantastic. (Kenny) McLean at Norwich has had a great season.

'So I'm optimistic. The important thing about the home games is, I know it's only 12,000 people, but 12,000 at Hampden when they get going is like 50,000 at Wembley. We can create the atmosphere all right.'

Ferguson's former boys' club, Govan-based Harmony Row, have received the first of 50 UEFA Euro 2020 Glasgow Club legacy packs to enhance grassroots facilities.

'Harmony Row are doing something to point kids in the right direction,' Ferguson said. 'All boys' clubs are being rewarded for their determination to do well for young people.

Ferguson also praised Scotland boss Steve Clarke (above) for being an 'unflappable' manager

'I always think about how it's changed for young kids growing up now to be footballers.

'In my time you played in the streets, the back courts, you played on uneven bits of ground, bits of brick coming out the ground. That made you players. Playing in the street till all hours, you can't do that now.

'I was reading that Germany had something like four times the amount of astroturf pitches as Great Britain. There is always the incentive to do better for young people and how they are going to achieve their skills and talents.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9500025/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-cried-tears-joy-Scotland-qualified-Euro-2020.html
Old 28-09-2021, 09:39 AM   #1422
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Sir Alex Ferguson claims Manchester United 'were never interested' in signing Wesley Sneijder but expresses his regret that the club failed to sign former England star Paul Gascoigne

* Wesley Sneijder was repeatedly linked with moves to Manchester United
* The Dutchman was seen as one of the best players in the world at his time
* Paul Gascoigne opted to join Tottenham instead of the Red Devils in 1988

Manchester United legend Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed the club were 'never interested' in signing Wesley Sneijder, though he does have regret they didn't sign Paul Gascoigne.

Sneijder was repeatedly linked with moves to Manchester United during his time at both Real Madrid and Inter Milan.

The now-retired Dutchman was seen as one of the best players in the world and played a starring role in Jose Mourinho's Inter Milan side that clinched the treble in the 2009-10 season.

Sir Alex Ferguson has denied that Manchester United were interested in Wesley Sneijder

When quizzed about the midfielder on the UTD podcast, Ferguson responded: 'Well, you mention the boy Sneijder, that's come up a lot of times but we were never interested in Sneijder.

'I don't know where that came from but you get a lot of them. Every Sunday, in The People, when I first came, they were throwing names in all the time, you know.'

Another name that United were linked to was former Newcastle and Tottenham star Paul Gascoigne.

Sir Alex Ferguson has spoken again of his regret that United didn't sign Paul Gascoigne. Gascoigne was close to a move to the Red Devils before instead opting for Tottenham in 1988

Ferguson has let it be no secret that he tried to take the legendary England star when he was at Newcastle in 1988.

The 79-year-old believes Gascoigne could have had a 'better career' had he chose United over Tottenham.

He said: 'In reality, you have to say, the only one that always comes to my mind and that's Gascoigne. He was absolutely fantastic. I think if we'd have got him, he would have had a great career, I really do.

'I'm not saying he didn't have a good career but he would have had a better career with us.

'We had Geordies in our squad like (Bryan) Robson, (Steve) Bruce plus Bobby Charlton.

'Sir Bobby would have been a fantastic mentor to him because he's such a fantastic man and even Gary Pallister, although he was from Middlesbrough and I know they don't count that as a Geordie, as someone who understands the culture like Gary would. He promised to sign for us and I went on holiday.

'I got a phone-call from the front desk from Martin Edwards (the club's former chairman) saying he'd signed for Tottenham.

'He signed for Tottenham because they bought his mother a house for £80,000 and, dearie me, I couldn't believe it, you know. He was a fantastic player.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10034315/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-claims-Manchester-United-never-interested-signing-Wesley-Sneijder.html
Old 01-12-2021, 08:56 AM   #1423
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Keane's NOT my best captain! Sir Alex Ferguson SNUBS Roy when picking his top Manchester United skipper, claiming Bryan Robson 'was the only one I knew who could make a decision on the pitch'

* Sir Alex Ferguson did not pick Roy Keane as his favourite Man United captain
* The Scot chose Bryan Robson, also known as 'Captain Marvel' as his best skipper
* Robson was Ferguson's 'only captain' who could make his own on-pitch decision
* Keane and Ferguson won 17 trophies together, including the treble, but fell out

Sir Alex Ferguson has snubbed Manchester United legend Roy Keane in his pick for the greatest captain he worked with at Old Trafford, with that title going to Bryan Robson.

Keane and Ferguson enjoyed great success together in Manchester, with the pair lifting 17 trophies together including the treble in 1999 - with the former Republic of Ireland international wearing the captain's armband that season.

But Ferguson has made the bold claim that Robson, who earned the nickname 'Captain Marvel' among the Red Devils community, is his pick as his favourite United skipper.

'Well, he was easily the best captain I had,' Ferguson told the United official website while talking about Robson. 'I think over the period he was at United, he was the best player.

'The players loved him. They responded to him and he was the longest-serving captain in my time anyway.

'It's difficult for a captain because sometimes he has to tell the truth to players, you know? The encouragement he's got to give them sometimes can be quite volatile and he was like that, but the players did love him.

'They appreciated the time he took on them and another thing, he's the only captain I knew who could make a decision on the pitch. He didn't need to look over to me.

Sir Alex Ferguson has picked Bryan Robson as his favourite Man United captain. Ferguson (right) claimed Robson (left) was the only United skipper he had who could make a decision on the pitch

'He would do that and that's unusual. In fact it's very unusual because he had the balls to do that.'

Robson and Ferguson won six trophies together but that tally did include back-to-back Premier League titles in 1993 and 1994. The duo also lifted the 1990 FA Cup, the League Cup in 1992 and the 1991 Cup Winners' Cup at Old Trafford.

Keane, meanwhile, fell out with Ferguson during his final few months as a United player, with the Republic of Ireland midfielder quitting after an explosive argument in 2005.

Ferguson wrote some damning words about Keane in his autobiography, while the former midfielder has continued his war of words with the Scot in recent years.

The Scot (left) chose not to pick Roy Keane (right) even though they won 17 trophies together. Ferguson and Keane won several trophies together including the treble in 1999

In 2019, Keane accused Ferguson of deserting him at the time he needed him most and also insinuated that he did the same to Robson when 'Captain Marvel' left the club in 1994.

'I wouldn't forgive Ferguson. The media spin, how I apparently upset everybody, it was all nonsense,' Keane said two years ago. 'I don't care if it's Alex Ferguson or the Pope, you're going to defend yourself.

'I think when he apologises I will probably say hello to him, yeah. [But] I've no interest in speaking to the man.

'People talk about Ferguson's man-management. Don't be kidded by all that. I was at the club when Bryan Robson left, when Steve Bruce left, two brilliant servants for Manchester United, and I didn't like the way they were treated.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10258889/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-picks-Bryan-Robson-best-Manchester-United-captain-shunning-Roy-Keane.html
Old 07-04-2022, 10:06 AM   #1424
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Sir Alex Ferguson 'still earns £235,000 A WEEK even though he retired as Man United boss NINE YEARS ago' with his 'investments, book deals and £2m-a-year club ambassador role at seeing him net huge sums at 80'

* Sir Alex Ferguson retired as Manchester United manager nine years ago
* However, the legendary Scot is reportedly still earning around £235,000 a week
* Book deals, investments and public appearances still see him earn huge sums
* Sir Alex is also said to earn around £2m a year as a club ambassador for United
* The 80-year-old is one of the most successful football managers of all time

Sir Alex Ferguson is reportedly still earning the equivalent of £235,000 a week, nine years after retiring as Manchester United manager.

The 80-year-old called time on his legendary 26-year stint as head coach at Old Trafford in 2013, having dominated the Premier League and European football on multiple occasions.

However, while Ferguson is happily retired and remains close to all things United, it appears that one of the greatest managers of all time is still getting a salary to match.

According to The Sun, Ferguson's book deals, investments and public appearances – along with the £2million a year he gets paid as a club ambassador for Manchester United – see him earn a salary that rivals an elite Premier League player.

The report suggests that Ferguson has seen the value in his personal companies rise to £40m, claiming he earned a staggering £12.2m in just the last year alone.

The latest figures from his ACF Sports Promotions company, which he uses for all his commercial pay, show that his assets role from £17.5m to £26m in 2021.

Incredibly, Ferguson saw his assets in firms registered at Companies House, rise from £27m to £39.2m.

The Glasgow-born footballing legend also made a fortune from book deals with his 2013 Alex Ferguson: My Autobiography becoming an instant-hit, selling millions of copies.

The Sun also claim that the former Aberdeen and St Mirren manager is also paid up to £100,000 for motivational talks.

Along with that, Ferguson was given a club ambassador's role at Old Trafford when he retired from management in 2013.

Sir Alex Ferguson retired as Manchester United manager nine years ago but is still reportedly earning an eye-watering salary thanks to book deals, investments and public appearances. His 2013 Alex Ferguson: My Autobiography became an instant-hit and sold millions of copies. The legendary Scot won the Premier League title 13 times during his 26 years at the club

Working around 20 days a year, Ferguson pockets £2m for the role and is a regular at home games.

During his unrivalled career, Ferguson won the Premier League title on 13 different occasions, making him one of the best managers to have ever graced the game.

He also won two Champions League trophies along with a host of other domestic titles, making Manchester United the juggernaut in world football that they are today.

Since his retirement, United have won just three major trophies and have not won any silverware in five straight seasons.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10694133/Former-Manchester-United-boss-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-earns-eye-watering-235-000-WEEK.html
Old 27-09-2022, 07:07 PM   #1425
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Setelah sekian lama, Alhamdulillah akhirnya tadi siang bisa nonton filmnya Sir Alex secara tidak sengaja di HBO Channel, hehe..

Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2022, 08:23 AM   #1426
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Cristiano Ronaldo reveals that his mentor Sir Alex Ferguson talked him out of joining Manchester City before he 'followed his heart' and returned to Old Trafford last summer

* Cristiano Ronaldo has accused Manchester United of betraying him
* The legendary striker also claimed he does not respect United boss Erik ten Hag
* Ronaldo revealed that Sir Alex Ferguson talked him out of joining Man City
* The 37-year-old had been tipped for a move to the Etihad before rejoining United

Cristiano Ronaldo has revealed that Sir Alex Ferguson contacted him to convince him not to join Pep Guardiola's Manchester City.

The Portuguese superstar had been tipped to sign for Manchester United's bitter rivals last summer but ultimately opted a return to Old Trafford.

But according to a report from The Sun, Ronaldo was close to making the move to the blue side of Manchester before Ferguson appealed to him to return to the club that signed him as a teenager from Sporting Lisbon in 2003.

Ronaldo has previously spoken about his relationship with the legendary United boss, calling the Scotsman a father figure.

In an interview with Piers Morgan, Ronaldo explained how Ferguson influenced his decision.

'I followed my heart.' The former Real Madrid star explained.

'He (Sir Alex) said to me, "It's impossible for you to go to Manchester City", and I said, 'OK, Boss.'

The 37-year-old revealed that Sir Alex Ferguson had talked him out of joining Manchester City last summer. Despite a relatively successful first campaign back at the club, Ronaldo claims he has since been frozen out under Erik ten Hag

The explosive interview also saw the 37-year-old claim that he felt betrayed by the club, and that he feels that Erik ten Hag and other United chiefs want him out.

United endured a difficult season last term, slumping to a sixth-placed Premier League finish under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and then Ralf Rangnick but Ronaldo's return stood out as a positive in an otherwise forgettable campaign.

The five-time Ballon d'Or winner finished the season as the club's top scorer in all competitions including 18 Premier League goals.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11424003/Cristiano-Ronaldo-reveals-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-talked-joining-Manchester-City-summer.html
satu-satunya orang yg mungkin bebas dari kritikan CR7 adalah SAF yg sudah dianggap sebagai ayahnya sendiri
Old 31-12-2022, 11:14 PM   #1427
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!
Panjang umur dan sehat selalu yach, Sir Alex !!!

Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andi Istiabudi For This Useful Post:

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 281
#Sandy, -bloodflowers-, @edosarag1h, A.besar, a85dr, Aba_MaczUnited, abdu muhammad, Abe7, abhindra, Abi Nazhifa, abram.ab, achiell, Aden, adLy beck's, agunglistyo, ajier307, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, Alphin Ambo, aMieBeckz, and1, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, andiyudha, Andra Octavian, ANDRE INX, andre mosal, andrydjemb4, anitarahman17, Ardhie Nemanja, ardicka25, Ardiey11, Arif VDS, arymashuda, Asep Destryana, Aso Chrisjefta, asririzky, Ayunda, azisfirdaus, Azrul Red United, bangkit, bang_zak, bawadharmawan, Belzeebub, bimbim, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, bombom, bucay deathbat, Bulma, byebye21, chafor, choco22, ciptasu, clsenz, cynta, dandymunandar, dannyboy, dayat_5, Deddy Hernandez, dee_vee7, DenisRadiansyah, DeriEdmon17, dery pramudito, Dhanny09, dhanz77, dhodoadrian, dudut, dummy, dwitri27, ecly_watchaa, edosaragih, edroid, Efri Loebay, ekorahmadani, Elpiji, Emank_Papua, endhy_cantona, erin, eyeofday, fadilbedil, fadnaticdevils, FahruVanBanten, Fajar_, fajrinited, farhaanongehhMUFC, fathya, FauCAN7ONA, fauzanfarauzhi, febriadi hiu, febza, felly_liu, ferly_Liemz, fey777, fikrirf, finza_13, FirdaAnnisa, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, GeaErang, gembul, ghopoereds, ghostman, giediego, giggs26, goodfron, Gothic, Gustar_UIBontang, Gustiono, h-ANG, Hairul_Vfc, Haji Paidin, Hand_rooney, hdhe16, hendiplast, hendrabulk, hendrikYP, HenryRooney07, HRHMU86, hzent, iamsetia, iam_adjie, iblismerah, icalace, id4y, ilz, Imron Setyo C, ipunkahmad, irfan_mancunianred, irfan_thered, irfi_1, Irwan Faisal, IrwanGGMU, itohirobumi, ivanzferdinand, izan maulana, jeannika, Jerome Morrow, jifortin, juju, jun sa, just.fluke, kaffi, KangPoLo_11, kingherooney, King_Cantona, Krisnoaji Pamungkas, LAM ILHAM, Lang25, Lila, littlebig, lizadesaire, Lucky_Cantona007, Mahesa_Jenar, marsel david, MCR7, mfcanon, MichaelMU, mochies5, MUFC1878, mYa United, mygalzbiatch, nanando, ncut_lgx, NdeGue, Nickz09, noerdiana 11, novanprihasa, octus, oldark, ollacarla, Om Juna, omBrother, omink_08, Oom Panda, paiman, penk22_, petetdidi, pongsamma, Popay_UKI04, pukimax, Pure_red, putra_ME, rangge fantom, Rean, red, redianayuherda, Redsbusby, red_girl_mia, Rendi Pardi, revald, rikki, rinaldo.kurniawan, rio vander vidic, rio_sk26, Riskur, Rissa14, Rizana, rizluq, rndr_UICSumenep, robby7beckham, ronald hars, rony jefree, ronysnaja, Ryan_lallo, SakuRavi, salfordreds, scholesy18, sepatu_ancur, Septiko Aji, setiawans001, seven7, silusasu, smile_boy, sompretz, SR 7, stamansa, Stevenson Meyki, steven_young, Subagio U. Arra, swareksa, Syarifeghy, tamiCarrick, taz_devil_utd, teguhh, teha, teukurevi5, theater of dream, Thomas, thomaswilliam, Trezz Kiko, Triguna Wibawa, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, uicb-dyz, UNITED1878, united7, uphiesaputra, utdMaleoLuwuk, VaDLi, vankyoet, vanmuujii, vanquish, vanrayen, Vanz Wazza, Van_Munandar, vdgquintana, ventray, Victory, victory II, Vidic, vivasoilsolid, wahyou91, waynehanks, Wazza Prast, wazzapoetra, wazza_ampuh, whoami, wira_ozora, Wisnu Edwards, wormkids, yanto tox, Yayat Dg Kulle, yockel_777, zeavhere, Zee de Wazza, zudomiriku, [skywalker]