United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 22-11-2021, 01:19 AM   #331
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer ~ 20Legend

CLUB STATEMENT ON OLE GUNNAR SOLSKJAER

Manchester United announces that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has left his role as manager.

Ole will always be a legend at Manchester United and it is with regret that we have reached this difficult decision. While the past few weeks have been disappointing, they should not obscure all the work he has done over the past three years to rebuild the foundations for long-term success.

Ole leaves with our sincerest thanks for his tireless efforts as Manager and our very best wishes for the future. His place in the club’s history will always be secure, not just for his story as a player, but as a great man and a Manager who gave us many great moments. He will forever be welcome back at Old Trafford as part of the Manchester United family.

Michael Carrick will now take charge of the team for forthcoming games, while the club looks to appoint an interim manager to the end of the season.

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2021, 08:32 AM   #332
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is SACKED by Man United as the humiliating Watford defeat proves to be the final straw with Michael Carrick put in charge while the club finds an 'interim manager' to take over

* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been sacked as Manchester United manager
* A shocking 4-1 away defeat by Watford was the final straw for the ownership
* Micheal Carrick will lead the team before interim boss takes over for the season
* Club legend Solskjaer had been in charge of United for nearly three years
* Pressure had been building after humiliating losses to Liverpool and Man City
* An emergency board meeting was called and Solskjaer was axed from the job

Manchester United have finally sacked manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, the club confirmed on Sunday morning.

Solskjaer was axed after Saturday’s 4-1 defeat at Watford continued a catastrophic run of results that saw the 48-year-old Norwegian lose seven of his last 13 games in charge.

First-team coach Michael Carrick has been installed as caretaker manager while United seek a replacement to take over until the end of the season.

Brendan Rodgers, Zinedine Zidane, Mauricio Pochettino and Erik ten Hag have all been touted as potential replacements.

A club statement read: ‘Manchester United announces that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has left his role as manager. Ole will always be a legend at Manchester United and it is with regret that we havereached this difficult decision. While the past few weeks have been disappointing, they should not obscure all the work he has done over the past three years to rebuild the foundations for long-term success.

‘Ole leaves with our sincerest thanks for his tireless efforts as manager and our very best wishes for the future. His place in the club’s history will always be secure, not just for his story as a player, but as a great man and a manager who gave us many great moments. He will forever be welcome back at Old Trafford as part of the Manchester United family.

‘Michael Carrick will now take charge of the team for forthcoming games, while the club looks to appoint an interim manager to the end of the season.’

Solskjaer and United’s executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward arrived at the club’s Carrington training base on Sunday morning shortly before the news was confirmed.

The club held emergency talks on Saturday night, with owners Joel and Avram Glazer ultimately deciding to pull the trigger.

Pundits and former players have been reacting to the news that was in the pipeline for some time - with the Norwegian's former team-mate Gary Neville paying tribute to him.

'Thank you Ole. You did us proud,' he wrote on Twitter. 'The last two months were tough but before that you restored some soul into the club.'

Former striker Michael Owen, however, claimed Solskjaer failed to get the best out of his talented crop of players - including the likes of Jadon Sancho and Ronaldo.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been sacked as Man United boss after his side's defeat by Watford. Owners Avram and Joel Glazer have decided to pull the trigger on the beleaguered boss

'The inevitable news has broken this morning,' he said on social media. 'There were bigger managerial names than him that tried and failed in recent seasons and he leaves the club with the most talented collection of players it’s had in a while. It’s the next managers job to get the best out of them…'

It brings to an end a managerial reign lasting just short of three years. Solskjaer was the surprise choice to replace Jose Mourinho in December 2018, initially on a caretaker basis when he returned to his old club from Molde. He was given the job on a permanent basis the following March, and signed a new contract at Old Trafford this summer.

However, after the signings of Cristiano Ronaldo, Raphael Varane and Jadon Sancho were followed by a bright start to the season, the wheels have fallen off spectacularly in the past month.

United suffered humiliating defeats to arch rivals Liverpool and Manchester City, as well as conceding four goals to Leicester and then Watford which proved the final straw. Solskjaer was jeered by United fans at Vicarage Road and his farewell wave seemed to indicate that he knew the axe was coming.

It’s understood that United thought Solskjaer – a club legend after scoring the winning goal in the 1999 Champions League final – had earned the right to turn things around.

The Old Trafford hierarchy were looking for a reaction after the international break, but the manner of the defeat at Watford was simply too much. He leaves the club in seventh place in the Premier League and still fighting for qualification for the Champions League knockout stages ahead of Tuesday’s trip to Villarreal.

United had hoped to see further improvement after Solskjaer finished second last season and reached the Europa League final, particularly considering the money that was spent on strengthening the squad. But results simply haven’t been good enough, and it became clear that the situation was getting worse not better. =

The United board had previously seemed determined to give Solskjaer a chance to turn around his side's form and he showed signs of recovery by beating Tottenham and coming from behind to draw with Atalanta in their last Champions League outing.

But the respite was short-lived and Solskjaer, who was criticised for going to Norway during the recent international break, has now been relieved of his duties by the Manchester United hierarchy.

First team coach Michael Carrick (middle) will replace Solskjaer for the next games before the club appoints an interim coach for the rest of the season

In December 2018 Solskjaer was brought in by United on an interim basis, following the sacking of former boss Jose Mourinho.

Solskjaer scored 126 goals in 366 appearances for United between 1996 and 2007 and also managed the club’s reserve team until the end of 2010, before moving back to his native Norway with Molde.

He won his first eight games in charge on the way to an overall record of 14 victories and two draws in 19 games - amassing more Premier League points than any other club during that time and appearing to bring a feelgood factor back after the miserable end to Mourinho's reign.

United's thrilling upturn in form following Solskjaer's arrival saw the club legend offered a full-time contract in March 2019, despite his only previous managerial experience being in his homeland with Molde and an unsuccessful spell at Cardiff City.

Solskjaer was appointed interim manager in December 2018 following Jose Mourinho's axing. But the feelgood factor has gone and he leaves United having not won a single trophy

Just weeks before Solskjaer was made permanent United manager, he oversaw a miraculous Champions League comeback against European giants Paris Saint-Germain, a 3-1 victory in the French capital.

A last-gasp Marcus Rashford goal secured a 3-3 aggregate scoreline and sent United into the last eight of the competition on away goals.

Solskjaer was promptly handed a three-year contract, which was renewed once again in June 2021. The fresh three-year deal was due to run until 2024, with the option to extend for a further year.

Despite initially failing to secure Champions League qualification in 2019 after succeeding Mourinho, Solskjaer oversaw consecutive third and second-placed Premier League finishes in his two complete campaigns.

But, following the huge summer outlay on Cristiano Ronaldo, Jadon Sancho and Raphael Varane the inescapable truth was that Solskjaer was now expected to deliver trophies, and a strong challenge for the Premier League title.

That title bid already looks to be in tatters, and the closest he came to winning a trophy was a defeat on penalties by Spanish side Villarreal in last season's Europa League final.

Expectance and pressure increased tenfold on Solskjaer following last season's second-placed finish, after which he was heavily backed in the transfer market.

Quote:
SOLSKJAER'S UNITED RECORD AS BOSS

Games in charge: 165

Wins: 91

Defeats: 40

Draws: 34

Strangely, Solskjaer has the third-highest win percentage of any manager in United’s history.

Solskjaer can point to a record that shows he has won comfortably over half his 165 games in charge at the Premier League giants.

Only Jose Mourinho - who he replaced - and the legendary Sir Alex Ferguson boast better records in charge.

One of Solskjaer's biggest results as manager came in Paris in early 2019, when United pulled off a stunning comeback victory over PSG which landed him the permanent job weeks later. But the closest he came to winning a trophy was the Europa League final defeat last season

Quote:
MANCHESTER UNITED STATEMENT

Manchester United announces that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has left his role as manager.

Ole will always be a legend at Manchester United and it is with regret that we have reached this difficult decision.

While the past few weeks have been disappointing, they should not obscure all the work he has done over the past three years to rebuild the foundations for long-term success.

Ole leaves with our sincerest thanks for his tireless efforts as Manager and our very best wishes for the future.

His place in the club’s history will always be secure, not just for his story as a player, but as a great man and a Manager who gave us many great moments.

He will forever be welcome back at Old Trafford as part of the Manchester United family.

Michael Carrick will now take charge of the team for forthcoming games, while the club looks to appoint an interim manager to the end of the season.
He was given the funds to finally secure the two-year long pursuit of English starlet Sancho, who signed in a deal initially for £73million, rising to a huge £150m.

Sancho has yet to settle at United this season, attracting further criticism for Solskjaer.

The arrival of the winger has also limited the prospects of Ivory Coast teenager Amad Diallo, who signed last year in a £37m deal from Atalanta.

United also backed their manager with statement moves for the likes of Real Madrid stalwart Varane, along with an emotional re-signing of living football legend and all time United fans' favourite Ronaldo.

Despite this, though, further criticism arrived at Solskjaer's doorstep for the manner in which Ronaldo's return has hampered his side and caused United to be less aggressive and forward-thinking in the defensive press.

United are now immediately turning their attentions to Solskjaer's replacement.

Zinedine Zidane (right), an old ally of Ronaldo's at Real Madrid, is a contender to take over. Brendan Rodgers and Mauricio Pochettino are also in the frame for the job

Zidane, the legendary French World Cup winner, guided Real Madrid to the Champions League three times and won the Spanish league twice before quitting in May, and is also readily available.

Rodgers in currently in post at Leicester City, where he has greatly impressed in twice coming so close to earning Champions League football and winning the FA Cup to help the club punch well above their weight. He also impressed at Celtic and Liverpool, until a decline late in his reign at Anfield.

Pochettino, who was a great success in five years at Tottenham despite never winning a trophy, is also currently employed, holding the reins at PSG.

The super-rich French club signed Lionel Messi last summer and, as he also boasts Kylian Mbappe and Neymar in a superstar attacking line-up, the expectation there is that Pochettino achieves nothing less than winning the Champions League.

Ten Hag would perhaps be the outsider in the race, but the Dutchman has impressed in creating a vibrant young side at Ajax, winning the league title twice, and rejected an approach from Tottenham last summer.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10125861/Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-SACKED-Manchester-United-brutal-loss-Watford.html
Old 22-11-2021, 08:35 AM   #333
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Berakhirlah secara resmi era Solskjaer di Manchester United....
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2021, 08:49 AM   #334
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

'I look back at every single second here with pride': Ole Gunnar Solskjaer gives tearful farewell interview after his Manchester United sacking... and insists trophies are NOT 'the be all and end all'

* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been sacked as the manager of Manchester United
* The Norwegian said he was 'honoured' and 'privileged' to manage the club
* Despite not picking up silverware, he said trophies are not 'the be all and end all'
* But he admitted he will 'probably' return to management after a short break

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says he was 'honoured' and 'privileged' to have taken charge of Manchester United and will 'look back at every single second here with pride' following his dismissal from the club.

The 48-year-old was sacked by the Red Devils after a poor run of form ended with a humiliating 4-1 loss to Watford on Saturday, bringing an end to his three-year tenure - which initially began as a caretaker manager.

In an emotional farewell interview with the club, Solskjaer said he is 'proud' of his time in charge of United and that trophies are not 'the be all and end all'.

He told the official club website: 'Very, very proud. Of course, it's one of those things you dream of in your life. When you've been a player, when you've been a reserve team coach, the next job then, the only dream and the only thing you haven't done is to manage the club, and I have now.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been sacked as Man United boss after his side's defeat by Watford. Solskjaer got emotional as he looked back on his time at Man United during an interview

'It's been a ball, it's been absolutely enjoyable from the first to the last minute, so I have to thank all the players because since I came in, they're top lads, top people. Some have come, some have gone, but all of them, they've been such an enjoyable bunch to work with.

'First of all, I want to thank the board and the owners for giving me the opportunity because it's not for everyone and I've had the opportunity. I'm so honoured and privileged to have been trusted to take the club forward, and I really hope that I leave it in a better state than when I came.

'I've made great friends, I've reconnected with some great friends, new staff coming in I've become really good friends with.'

Solskjaer's best chance of winning a trophy while in charge of United came back in May during the Europa League final but they fell to defeat against Unai Emery's Villarreal after a tightly contested penalty shoot-out.

Looking back on that night, the Norwegian said: 'Yeah, you might say so and go back and say if you won the Europa League, that would have been a success. But you know, it's not always the trophies all the time that is the be all and end all.

'I know that day, we needed to celebrate [by winning] that trophy. But that's fine margins, we know the work we've put in is so important, to get to that final and to get so close, we've had to make so many good decisions along the way.

'Unfortunately, we couldn't score 11 penalties on the bounce. You can laugh about it, but I look back at every single second here with pride.'

Now that he will have more time on his hands, Solskjaer said he will spend more time with his family but admitted he will 'probably' return to management.

'I'll spend some time with my family. That's been probably the most difficult part, through the pandemic, with Norway being open and here being closed, my family moved back to Norway and the young one, he loves it back there, so we've lived apart.

'So, I'll spend some time with them. Then, I'll watch the team of course and hopefully, the next manager comes in and I want to support him. I want him to be successful, hopefully I've laid the foundations for that to happen because I know I'm good at what I'm doing.

'I'm one hundred per cent sure to create a football environment, that's where I'm good at and at some point, I'll probably be back [working in football].'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10227503/I-look-single-second-pride-Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-gives-emotional-interview.html
Old 30-11-2021, 12:13 PM   #335
B4YU
first team
-

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
B4YU has a spectacular aura aboutB4YU has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi Istiabudi View Post
Berakhirlah secara resmi era Solskjaer di Manchester United....
tuntutan fans jaman now

apa apa yang dimau serba instant... Rangnick??

fans bisa auto sabar? atau justru lebih parah nantinya dibanding pengganti2 SAF sebelumnya

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
B4YU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 08:45 AM   #336
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United paid Ole Gunnar Solskjaer £7.5m after sacking him in November as the club handed £9m in total to his axed coaching team... with the Red Devils confirming their hunt for his long-term successor has begun

* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and his sacked staff received £9million in compensation
* Man United's revenue for quarter two was up 7.3% on the same period last year
* It's understood that Solskjaer received £7.5m when he was sacked in November
* Coaches Michael Carrick, Kieran McKenna and Martyn Pert all left in December
* United's net debt rose to £494.8m from £455.5m in the same quarter last year

Manchester United revealed on Tuesday that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and his backroom staff were paid £9million in compensation - as the club stepped up its search for a new permanent manager.

United announced that overall revenue for the second financial quarter ending December 31, 2021 was up 7.3 per cent on the same period last year.

However, operating profits fell by 88.9 per cent from £48.5m to £5.4m due largely to an increase in player wages following the signings of Cristiano Ronaldo, Jadon Sancho and Raphael Varane, and the pay-outs to the coaching team.

It's understood that Solskjaer received £7.5m in compensation when he was sacked in November, while first-team coaches Michael Carrick, Kieran McKenna and Martyn Pert left Old Trafford in December.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer got £7.5m in compensation when Man United sacked him in November. The club revealed that Solskjaer and his backroom staff (including Michael Carrick, left, and Kieran McKenna, right) were paid £9million in compensation. United revealed that overall revenue for the second financial quarter ending December 31, 2021 was up 7.3 per cent on the same period last year

Carrick chose to go after filling in as caretaker boss for three games. McKenna was appointed Ipswich boss and took Pert with him to Portman Road.

The £9m figure - less than half the £19.6m it cost United to sack Jose Mourinho and his coaching staff in 2018 - made up the bulk of £10m in 'exceptional items' according to the club's financial results which stated: 'This cost includes compensation to the former men's first-team manager and certain members of the coaching staff for loss of office.'

United's net debt rose to £494.8m from £455.5m in the same quarter last year, but commercial, match-day and merchandising revenue were up.

Meanwhile, football director John Murtough confirmed that United have begun their search for a new manager.

Mauricio Pochettino and Erik ten Hag are the leading contenders.

Murtough said: 'We are now conducting a thorough process for the appointment of a new permanent manager who will take charge this summer, with the objective to get us back to challenging for domestic and European titles.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10566493/Manchester-United-paid-Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-7-5m-sacking-him.html
Old 07-05-2022, 03:02 PM   #337
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 'TURNED DOWN a Premier League offer' after being sacked by Manchester United... but he's now ready to return to management after just five months away from the dug-out

* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer reportedly received an offer from a Premier League outfit
* The Norwegian manager was sacked by Manchester United back in November
* Everton, Watford, Leeds and Burnley have sacked managers since his departure

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer reportedly turned down a Premier League offer among a number of offers to return to management since being sacked by Manchester United, according to reports in Norway.

The Norwegian was dismissed by United back in November and swiftly replaced by interim boss Ralf Rangnick following a 4-1 defeat to Watford.

The former Red Devils striker has remained in Manchester since his departure to support his 19-year-old daughter Karna Solskjaer, who plays for the club's women's side.

Norwegian outlet VG are reporting that Solskjaer is now ready to return to management this summer after five months away from the dug-out.

The report also claims Solskjaer has already turned down a number of job openings including from the Premier League.

The only Premier League clubs that have sacked managers since his departure are Everton, Watford, Leeds and most recently Burnley.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has reportedly turned down a Premier League offer among other offers. Norwegian manager Solskjaer is also said to be ready to return to management this summer

The latter is still on the hunt for a new permanent manager with Solskjaer being linked to the club among a list of names that includes fellow former United legend Wayne Rooney.

Burnley is located around 50 minutes from the Norwegian's home in Manchester, making it an even more interesting link.

Caretaker manager Mike Jackson has arguably impressed and helped the Clarets climb outside of the relegation zone since taking over the reins from Sean Dyche who was sacked after 10 years in charge at Turf Moor.

During Solksjaer's three years at Old Trafford, he led the team in 168 games, picking up 92 wins, 35 draws and suffering 41 defeats.

He is, however, the only manager who has managed to secure United two top four finishes in a row since the Sir Alex Ferguson era ended in 2013.

United have failed to improve under Rangnick and sit sixth in the Premier League with just two matches left to be played.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10789607/Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-turned-Premier-League-offer-sacked-Manchester-United.html
Old 13-07-2022, 09:17 AM   #338
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 'rejects Iran's approach to become their next boss' as they look for Dragan Skocic's replacement after sacking him just four months before the World Cup - with ex-Manchester United manager having 'other short-term priorities'

* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been jobless since Man United sacking last November
* Iran are search for a new manager after sacking Dragan Skocic on Monday
* He was sacked despite guiding Iran to the World Cup taking place in November

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been out of management since November and his return to it will be prolonged after he turned down the opportunity to become Iran's next manager.

Solskjaer was sacked as Manchester United boss last November after a woeful 4-1 defeat at Watford in their Premier League as their miserable season continued to head towards a downward spiral.

According to Foot Mercato, the 49-year-old was offered a route back into the managerial dugout via Iran but has decided against taking the job due to other commitments.

The publication claim that Iran 'appreciated Solskjaer's profile' but he declined their advances due to having 'short-term priorities' elsewhere.

Iran are on the lookout for a new manager after sacking head coach Dragan Skocic on Monday.

With little more than four months to go to the World Cup finals in Qatar - which Iran have qualified for - Skocic was given his marching orders.

The move comes after the 53-year-old, who took over from Marc Wilmots as coach in February 2020, secured the Iranians a spot at the World Cup by topping their qualification group ahead of South Korea.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has reportedly rejected the opportunity to manage the Iran national side. Iran are on the lookout for a new manager after sacking head coach Dragan Skocic on Monday

The Croatian won 15 of his 18 games in charge but has lost two of his last three matches, including a 2-1 friendly defeat by Algeria in Qatar last month. However, they are Asia's top-ranked team in the FIFA world rankings at No 23.

Current Oman boss Branko Ivankovic, who led Iran to the World Cup finals in Germany in 2006, has been linked with the role as well as former Bayern Munich striker Ali Daei and ex-Osasuna midfielder Javad Nekounam.

Iran will be appearing at the World Cup for the sixth time in the country's history and on a third consecutive occasion.

They have been drawn in Group B and will kick off their campaign against England on November 21 before taking on Wales and the United States.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11006593/Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-rejects-Irans-approach-manager.html
Old 14-09-2022, 09:15 AM   #339
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer takes charge of his son's under-14s team in Norway as he returns to the sidelines 10 months after his sacking as Manchester United manager... but refuses to reveal which jobs he has been offered since leaving Old Trafford

* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was sacked by Manchester United last season
* His three-year spell in charge came to an end after a poor run of results
* He has taken time away from football but has been coaching his son's team

Former Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has returned to the touchline - but in circumstances that couldn't be much more different compared to his previous job.

The Norwegian was sacked by Manchester United last year, his three-year spell in charge coming to an end after a 4-1 defeat away at Watford.

Solskjaer has kept a low profile in the time since, staying away from football and focusing on enjoying spending some more quality time with his family.

However, he has put his managerial gear back on to take charge of his son Elijah's Under-14 team.

Former Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has returned to the touchline

Tidens Krav via VG report that the Solskjaer has been working with the children a few times a week.

Speaking following his sacking last year, Solskjaer said: 'I'll spend some time with my family. That's been probably the most difficult part, through the pandemic, with Norway being open and here being closed, my family moved back to Norway and the young one, he loves it back there, so we've lived apart,' he explained after his sacking in November.

'So, I'll spend some time with them. Then, I'll watch the team of course and hopefully, the next manager comes in and I want to support him. I want him to be successful, hopefully I've laid the foundations for that to happen because I know I'm good at what I'm doing.

'I'm one hundred per cent sure to create a football environment, that's where I'm good at and at some point, I'll probably be back [working in football].'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11205949/Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-takes-charge-sons-14s-team-Norway-returns-sidelines.html
Old 02-12-2022, 08:28 AM   #340
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Since his Man United sacking Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has 're-watched ALL 168 games he was manager', has learned to sail back home in Norway and now wants to get back in the dugout

* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was sacked by Manchester United last November
* Since then, the Norwegian has watched all 168 matches from his time in charge
* In his time away, Solskjaer has learned to sail back in his homeland of Norway
* The 49-year-old is now ready to return to management after 12 months away

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has reportedly re-watched all 168 matches from his time as Manchester United manager in the year since he left the club.

Solskjaer was sacked by United last November after just under three years in charge, following a disappointing start to the 2021-22 season.

His final game saw the Red Devils lose 4-1 against Watford, a defeat that left the team in eighth place in the Premier League after losing five of their opening 12 top-flight matches.

United were also thrashed 5-0 by Liverpool and comfortably swept aside by local rivals Manchester City in the final weeks of Solskjaer's reign, games you may expect the Norwegian wanted to forget in a hurry.

However, The Athletic have revealed that he has gone back and watched those two matches plus the other 166 that he was on the touchline for in his 12 months away from Old Trafford.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was sacked by Man United last November after a poor run of results. His final game in charge saw United beaten 4-1 by struggling Watford in the Premier League

During his time in charge, Solskjaer guided United to a second-placed finish in 2020-21 but they went out of the Champions League after the group stages that year after suffering a humbling 2-1 defeat against Turkish side Istanbul Basaksehir.

The team recovered to make the final of the Europa League, but lost to Spanish side Villarreal on penalties in Gdansk.

Despite narrowly missing out on a European trophy, things had looked promising for United at the end of their 2020-21 campaign, and that summer they added Cristiano Ronaldo, Jadon Sancho and Raphael Varane to their squad.

It seemed that they could be genuine title contenders after those signings, but their results fell away alarmingly, and this ultimately cost Solskjaer his job.

He was unable to pick up any silverware, unlike his predecessor Jose Mourinho, and could not bring back the glory days that the club enjoyed under Sir Alex Ferguson.

However, it is understood that Solskjaer is 'satisfied' with his time as United boss.

Incidentally, those are the only two post-war United managers with a higher win rate than Solskjaer, other than current manager Erik ten Hag who only arrived in the summer.

The team were humiliated by Istanbul Basaksehir in the Champions League, conceding a goal after all their players were caught upfield. United narrowly missed out on winning the Europa League by Villarreal later that season

Solskjaer feels he was building something 'special' with the squad, and was happy with the team spirit that had developed, even though he departed with them outside of the European places.

The squad continued to struggle under his interim replacement Ralf Rangnick, eventually finishing down in sixth, 35 points adrift of title-winners City.

In the 12 months that have passed since he left United, Solskjaer has remained a keen observer of European football, while also taking up new hobbies away from the sport.

The 49-year-old has learned how to sail back in his homeland of Norway, but also has a home in Cheshire, allowing him to watch games in England regularly.

He still has a burning desire to get back into management, and now feels ready to return to the dugout.

Solskjaer remains proud of his time at Old Trafford, and is now ready to return to management

Job offers have not been in short supply in recent months, with Solskjaer having already had opportunities to end his time away from the game.

The chance to move into television work has also been presented to Solskjaer, but he has turned this down, waiting for the right moment to resume his managerial career.

Having watched games from across Europe over the past year, it appears that Solskjaer is keeping his options open, and is not set on taking up a coaching role in England.

As well as managing United, Solskjaer also had a brief spell at Cardiff in 2014, but was unable to save them from relegation to the Championship.

His other roles have come in Norway, but perhaps a different country could provide him with his next opportunity as he looks to bounce back from his disappointing end at United to prove that he still has plenty left to offer.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11489883/Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-watched-168-games-Man-United-manager.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 139
Aba_MaczUnited, adhe united macz, adittelor, ali_iyan, Anak.Kecil, and1, Andi Istiabudi, Aso Chrisjefta, azisfirdaus, Azrul Red United, B4YU, Baby_Faced_Assassin, bang_zak, beckz_on7, benni_07utd, Blacklist7, bs_brew, chamid, charlesamahati, chevy solskjaer, cynta, dannyboy, Deddy Hernandez, dekepiks, DermawanIsUnitedFans, dery pramudito, der_emperor, devil_heart, dhodoadrian, Diego, ecly_watchaa, edhie van de sar, edroid, Efri Loebay, fadilbedil, fajrinited, Federico27, ferly_Liemz, fey777, finza_13, FirdaAnnisa, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, giggs26, goodfron, goodmin, Gustiono, h-ANG, Haji Paidin, Hamka Husain Pasonai, hdhe16, hendiplast, iamsetia, id4y, Intan Pradina, irfan_thered, irhamutd, irwin3, jifortin, Jovan Anwar, kingherooney, Legolash, lusiarha, Mahesa_Jenar, marsel david, MichaelMU, MUFC1878, Muhammad Nizar, mygalzbiatch, Nachir_79, NdeGue, novanprihasa, octus, oldark, ole, Om Juna, Oom Panda, penk22_, Popay_UKI04, Pure_red, Raihan_UKI27, Rean, Red Army, Red Stain, Redsbusby, rezkhadenis, rio vander vidic, Riskur, Rizana, rndr_UICSumenep, ronald hars, ronysnaja, Ryan Smith, sepatu_ancur, setiawans001, shastro, smile_boy, SR 7, stefano_will, sugeng99pramono, Tamanaro, taz_devil_utd, theater of dream, Theresia Intan, tietocinex, TomEnrico, tovanokristan, Trezz Kiko, tumpal_oneunited, tyquack, ubay, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, uicb-dyz, UNITED1878, unreal, VaDLi, vanquish, vanrayen, Vanz Wazza, Van_Munandar, Victory, victory II, wahyou91, walikece, whoami, wickham, wira_ozora, Yayat Dg Kulle, Zee de Wazza, zudomiriku, [skywalker]