United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Manager & Staff

Old 24-10-2013, 05:16 PM   #31
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mike Phelan

Mike Phelan Hints Sir Alex Ferguson Exit Cost Man United Cristiano Ronaldo Deal

Former Manchester United assistant manager Mike Phelan has hinted the club might have signed Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo this summer, had Sir Alex Ferguson and chief executive David Gill remained at the club.

While not explicitly naming Ronaldo, in an interview given to a Scandinavian United fanzine, Phelan said the club had prepared to sign "one of the absolute best players in the world", whose identity would be "clear to everybody."

Quote:
edwardo
@EdwardHughes13
“Mike Phelan insists United would've bought an A-lister this summer if Fergie and Gill hadn't quit http://bit.ly/1gG5z1h
VIVA RONALDO
Per the Mirror's David McDonnell, Phelan said:

Quote:
If Sir Alex and David Gill had still been the bosses... I won’t name the player, but there would have been a star signing - one of the absolute best players in the world.

It was something the boss talked about, and the owners and David Gill were also quite clear on doing it. There’s very few of such players out there. I think it’s clear to everybody who I’m talking about.

We didn’t see the need for a big clear-out of the squad, that’s why Sir Alex and I had one big signing in sight. One such star signing gives everybody a lift, we saw that with Robin van Persie.
It can largely be assumed from Phelan's comments that the player in question was Ronaldo, who enjoyed an almost paternal bond with Ferguson in his time at the club, as he told CNN International last year, via the Independent.

United chased the likes of Cesc Fabregas, Thiago Alcantara and Ander Herrera during the summer, per Adam Crafton of the Daily Mail, but none would justify Phelan suggesting that "it's clear to everybody who I'm talking about."

Portuguese superstar Ronaldo was linked with a return to Old Trafford all summer, even following Ferguson's departure, but effectively ended his chances of a return by signing a new contract at Real Madrid, per the Telegraph.

There will doubtless be fans who would point to other areas of weakness in the United side as to why Ronaldo should not have been the club's priority. As with van Persie, though, he would undoubtedly have greatly improved the Red Devils had he arrived.

Since leaving Old Trafford, where he was crowned the world's best player in 2008, Ronaldo has been simply sensational.

As of Wednesday night's Champions League brace against Juventus, Portugal's captain has scored 216 goals in 211 Real Madrid appearances, including 42 goals in 43 European games, per ESPN FC.

The prospect of returning him to Old Trafford, where he is still hugely popular with the club's supporters, was unsurprisingly appealing to the club's hierarchy—especially with reports suggesting Nike and Chevrolet would help fund any deal, per the Mirror's Dave Kidd.

Ferguson described Ronaldo as the greatest player of his Manchester United tenure in his autobiography released this week, per the Daily Mail, and had previously spoken of his former player in glowing terms on countless occasions.

Thus, the prospect of re-uniting him with Wayne Rooney in the United forward line, alongside van Persie, was understandably high on his pre-retirement agenda, when reading between the lines of Phelan's quotes. Sadly for fans of the Premier League champions, a move never came to fruition.

Code:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1823152-mike-phelan-hints-sir-alex-ferguson-exit-cost-man-united-cristiano-ronaldo-deal
Old 26-11-2013, 05:22 PM   #32
troy andreas
min tolong ket sekum diremove.

Thanked 1,947 Times in 1,102 Posts
Mentioned: 273 Post(s)
troy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant future

Visit troy andreas's Twitter

Fergie? No, I was the real manager at United during his last five years, claims Phelan

With the way things have gone, my first thoughts are to be the boss, yeah. It’s the progression for me now. That’s what I’ve been doing for the last five years, albeit with the title of assistant boss,’ Phelan said.

‘He [Ferguson] was the head of the establishment, there’s no doubt about it and rightly so. He didn’t get to where he’s got through not being a big decision maker but he’ll be the first to admit that a lot of people played their part in that.

'We all were undercover in that respect. We weren’t the face of what was going on but that was our job. There’s no problem with that from my point of view. The blinkers are off now because I’m outside of all that.
‘But you were decision making so I’m more than capable of handling that. It’s a case now that if the opportunity comes up to be a boss then I’ll have a look at it.

‘In my case I’ve been in a job so long at one place. I’m not saying I’ve become institutionalised at Manchester United but my qualities have been at Manchester United,’ he added.

‘They’ve been shown there. Now I’m going out into the big bad world of football and people who are looking for managers, coaches, whatever, probably don’t know me as me. They know me as Mick Phelan the assistant manager at Man United.

‘They don’t know me as a person and what I’ve done and what I’ve delivered. I’ve no relationship that way because it’s been purely 20 years of Manchester United. I don’t know if that’s a hindrance or an obstacle or what but anybody who wants to have a look at me they can do.

‘The blinkers are off now because I’m outside of all that, it’s fantastic what had happened in my career but it’s my next step from here and where I go from here.’

‘I’m quite open and proud enough to listen to anything really. Be it home, abroad, Premier League, Championships or below that. It’s not a worry. I’ve been in the game long enough so I know how to pitch myself in comfortably anywhere. But it’s not my decision.’

The League of Ireland and the chance to bring a club into Europe is something that appeals to the Englishman, although it would have to tick a lot of the right boxes for him to consider it.

‘I would never disrespect anybody who phoned me up or got in contact. I don’t work like that. It would be what the package is as far as where the club is at, what ambitions they’ve got, who’s in charge of it all and what work you can do there.

‘It’s not just a case of “right, I need to get back in and do that first thing that comes along”. No, there’s got to be a point to it and a reason to believe in it. If I can find that, and I might be pushing the boat out, but if you can find that togetherness you’ve got half a chance.

‘Football is never surprising because it could take one day, one week, one year to get up and running again. Obviously you don’t want to be out of the limelight too long but in my case it’s still early doors.’

Read more:
HTML Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2513655/Mike-Phelan-claims-manager-Sir-Alex-Fergusons-years-Manchester-United.html#ixzz2lkLhTuW8

"setial masa ada orangnya, setiap orang ada masanya."
troy andreas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 10:05 PM   #33
Zee de Wazza
first team
Anonymous - UPC

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Zee de Wazza is just really niceZee de Wazza is just really niceZee de Wazza is just really niceZee de Wazza is just really nice
Visit Zee de Wazza's Facebook Visit Zee de Wazza's Twitter Zee Khalifa

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy andreas View Post
Fergie? No, I was the real manager at United during his last five years, claims Phelan

With the way things have gone, my first thoughts are to be the boss, yeah. It’s the progression for me now. That’s what I’ve been doing for the last five years, albeit with the title of assistant boss,’ Phelan said.

‘He [Ferguson] was the head of the establishment, there’s no doubt about it and rightly so. He didn’t get to where he’s got through not being a big decision maker but he’ll be the first to admit that a lot of people played their part in that.

'We all were undercover in that respect. We weren’t the face of what was going on but that was our job. There’s no problem with that from my point of view. The blinkers are off now because I’m outside of all that.
‘But you were decision making so I’m more than capable of handling that. It’s a case now that if the opportunity comes up to be a boss then I’ll have a look at it.

‘In my case I’ve been in a job so long at one place. I’m not saying I’ve become institutionalised at Manchester United but my qualities have been at Manchester United,’ he added.

‘They’ve been shown there. Now I’m going out into the big bad world of football and people who are looking for managers, coaches, whatever, probably don’t know me as me. They know me as Mick Phelan the assistant manager at Man United.

‘They don’t know me as a person and what I’ve done and what I’ve delivered. I’ve no relationship that way because it’s been purely 20 years of Manchester United. I don’t know if that’s a hindrance or an obstacle or what but anybody who wants to have a look at me they can do.

‘The blinkers are off now because I’m outside of all that, it’s fantastic what had happened in my career but it’s my next step from here and where I go from here.’

‘I’m quite open and proud enough to listen to anything really. Be it home, abroad, Premier League, Championships or below that. It’s not a worry. I’ve been in the game long enough so I know how to pitch myself in comfortably anywhere. But it’s not my decision.’

The League of Ireland and the chance to bring a club into Europe is something that appeals to the Englishman, although it would have to tick a lot of the right boxes for him to consider it.

‘I would never disrespect anybody who phoned me up or got in contact. I don’t work like that. It would be what the package is as far as where the club is at, what ambitions they’ve got, who’s in charge of it all and what work you can do there.

‘It’s not just a case of “right, I need to get back in and do that first thing that comes along”. No, there’s got to be a point to it and a reason to believe in it. If I can find that, and I might be pushing the boat out, but if you can find that togetherness you’ve got half a chance.

‘Football is never surprising because it could take one day, one week, one year to get up and running again. Obviously you don’t want to be out of the limelight too long but in my case it’s still early doors.’

Read more:
HTML Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2513655/Mike-Phelan-claims-manager-Sir-Alex-Fergusons-years-Manchester-United.html#ixzz2lkLhTuW8
waduh semacam songong nih orang....menurut ane doi masih kalah kelas sih dibanding Carlos Queiroz n Brian Kidd imho
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Zee de Wazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2013, 12:15 AM   #34
Redsbusby
BANG to the KE

Thanked 3,073 Times in 1,811 Posts
Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Redsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond repute

Gamasalah sih menurut gw. Sebenernya udah dibuktiin jg kok. Bahwa saat dia ga jd asisten manajer, kita berprestasi dan bahkan bisa sandingin 2 piala super bergengsi thn 2008. Gw rasa ini hanya lebih kepada promosi aja. Dan gw jg berharap Mike segera dapt klub baru yg percaya doi sbg manajer...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

THE ONLY THING WE WANT TO LOSE THIS SEASON IS THE DEBT
Redsbusby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #35
troy andreas
min tolong ket sekum diremove.

Thanked 1,947 Times in 1,102 Posts
Mentioned: 273 Post(s)
troy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant future

Visit troy andreas's Twitter

Exclusive - Phelan reveals he wants crack at management

Former Manchester United assistant manager Mike Phelan refuses to rule out the prospect of taking over at either Cardiff or West Brom.

The Bluebirds sacked Malky Mackay on Friday while the Baggies are also on the lookout for a new boss after getting rid of Steve Clarke earlier this month.

Phelan enjoyed a trophy laden spell by Sir Alex Ferguson's side at Old Trafford before leaving the club along with the United legend this summer.
And the ex-Red Devils player told Drive Time he fancies a crack at being in the hotseat himself but did not state a specific interest in either of the vacant Premier League positions.

"I would fancy a job for sure but at the moment everything is up in the air. I’m just taking my time and reflecting on everything, I’m in no immediate hurry," he said.

"I think it’s important that when the time comes I’m fully committed to it but at the moment I’m quite relaxed about everything."

HTML Code:
http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-phelan-reveals-he-wants-crack-management-13122773367#PMS0uIEeeJSrXhxV.99

"setial masa ada orangnya, setiap orang ada masanya."
troy andreas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2014, 04:14 PM   #36
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Fergie Sering 'Pertaruhkan' Nasib Pemain Dengan Lemparan Koin

Bola.net - Alex Ferguson tak bisa dibantah lagi merupakan manajer tersukses sepanjang sejarah Premier League. Bersama Manchester United, Fergie meraih 13 gelar juara Premier League dan 11 musim di antaranya terpilih sebagai manajer terbaik.

Namun siapa sangka, ternyata pria 72 tahun ini memiliki cara yang tidak biasa untuk mengambil keputusan jika memiliki pilihan yang cukup berat. Eks tangan kanan Fergie di Old Trafford, Mike Phelan, mengungkapkan bahwa ia kerap kali melakukan lemparan koin untuk menentukan nasib dari pemain.

"Saya seringkali menahan Fergie untuk melakukan hal yang tidak diinginkan saat ia tengah berada dalam pilihan yang sulit. Saya pikir dia bukan satu-satunya manajer yang melakukan lemparan koin untuk memutuskan apakah seorang pemain diturunkan atau tidak!" kenang Phelan seperti dilansir FTB.

"Salah satu hal tersulit yang menjadi tugas manajer adalah mengatakan kepada seorang pemain bahwa ia tak akan diturunkan walau sudah bekerja keras di sesi latihan. Dalam situasi tersebut, Fergie akan menggantungkan nasib sang pemain pada lemparan koin."

Pernyataan Phelan ini menuai reaksi beragam di kalangan suporter MU. Salah satu lelucon terpopuler di antara sesama fans United setelah pernyataan ini muncul adalah, apakah Fergie memilih David Moyes juga berdasarkan lemparan koin?(ftb/mri)
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:31 PM   #37
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Manchester United have LOST their way, blasts Mike Phelan after Danny Welbeck, Radamel Falcao and Angel di Maria deals

* Manchester United spent over £150m on new signings this summer transfer window
* In addition to a £59.7m deal for Angel di Maria, Man Utd also spent big money on the likes of Luke Shaw and Ander Herrera
* Mike Phelan has criticised the club, suggesting Man Utd's transfer business shows a lack of faith in their academy system and homegrown players
* Louis van Gaal is yet to win a competitive game for Man Utd

Manchester United have 'lost the way a little bit' by offloading homegrown Danny Welbeck to Premier League rivals Arsenal and spending extravagantly to bring in players like Angel di Maria and Radamel Falcao, according to former assistant manager Mike Phelan.

England striker Welbeck, a product of United's Academy who scored 29 goals in 142 first-team appearances, was sold to Arsenal on transfer deadline day on Monday.

While Welbeck headed to London, United were busy splashing the cash by sealing deals for Dutch utility player Daley Blind and Colombia striker Falcao, who has joined on a season-long loan.

United, yet to win in the Premier League under new manager Louis Van Gaal and with no European football at Old Trafford, have spent big in a bid to quickly get back on track following their seventh place finish last season.

Van Gaal's summer spending spree surpassed £150million, with a British transfer record of £59.7m pounds paid to lure Di Maria from Real Madrid. United also signed Ander Herrera, Luke Shaw and Marcus Rojo.

Phelan suggested it showed a lack of faith in United's youth system, renowned in the past for its production line of world-class talent like David Beckham, Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes.

Concerns: Mike Phelan says Manchester United have lost their way a little bit

'Interesting how things have changed at Manchester United now. A good young kid (Welbeck) coming through - part of the academy system - and they've finally decided now that might not be the way to go so they've moved him on,' Phelan, Alex Ferguson's right-hand man at Old Trafford between 2008 and 2013, told BBC Radio 5 Live.

'Obviously there is more and more money now in the game, looking further and further afield for players but probably they have lost the way of Manchester United a little bit in the fact that now rather than produce it may be the case where they're buying in.

'One of the issues of the Premier League at the moment, and with English football at the moment, is getting them on to the football field, promoting them that way and waiting for those opportunities, providing the time and that hasn't happened.'

Phelan said United's big spending now reflected a philosophy of wanting instant success under Van Gaal after the former champions stagnated under Ferguson's successor David Moyes.

'It's success now, and not later. In Danny's case. He's had a good run at it, he's come through the system... there's other kids there now in the system who will hopefully get a chance but there's been a lot of cash splashed out in the transfer window and I'm sure that will only get worse.'

Former United youth team coach Eric Harrison has also shared his concern over the Red Devils' big spending this summer.

He told the Manchester Evening News: 'I am very concerned to be honest.
'I cannot believe Danny Welbeck has gone. Okay he might not have been a prolific goalscorer but his work rate and effort was undeniable.

'There was a place for him and I am not too pleased he’s gone to Arsenal. It is sending out the wrong message when local home grown players like that are leaving.'

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2740629/Angel-di-Maria-Radamel-Falcao-signings-Man-United-lost-way.html
Old 06-02-2015, 04:23 PM   #38
penk22_
Divisi IT
penk@unitedindonesia.org

Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute
Visit penk22_'s Facebook Visit penk22_'s Twitter

Mike Phelan resmi jadi assistan manager Steve Bruce di Hull City nih

penk22_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:36 PM   #39
rondwisan
udah sebelas yaa :)

Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,701 Posts
Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Visit rondwisan's Facebook Visit rondwisan's Twitter

Ini jangan2 disiapin untuk suksesi manager di The Tigers …

*suudzon
rondwisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 05:02 PM   #40
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Salah satu asisten pelatih yang aktif di pinggir lapangan nih
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 87
Aba_MaczUnited, achiell, adesaktiTRK, adriano_ronaldo, alpben, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, baradhatu, Blacklist7, bmanutd, bombom, chevy solskjaer, cupen7, danygiggsy, dery pramudito, der_emperor, Didit_GGMU, doanilman, ecly_watchaa, elbayu, endhy_cantona, eyeofday, fajrinited, fercuy, ferly_Liemz, fey777, FirdaAnnisa, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, gembul, h-ANG, havidic, hdhe16, HRHMU86, iamsetia, id4y, ilz, irfan_thered, JickyVay, jifortin, jonajoni, mrl74, MUFC1878, Muhammad Nizar, NdeGue, Nickz09, oldark, ollacarla, Oom Panda, panda777, penk22_, psichopat, putra_ME, Redsbusby, revald, rio vander vidic, Riskur, robby7beckham, rohibur rizqi, ronald hars, RyanRezha, saksono, sepatu_ancur, SHOHIBULWAFI, Sigied Giggsy, sompretz, SR 7, stamansa, Stevenson Meyki, theater of dream, tumpal_oneunited, UdyMUFC, UNITED1878, unitedlogy, VaDLi, vanmuujii, Vanz Wazza, Van_Munandar, Victory, w.keane27, wazzapoetra, whoami, Zee de Wazza, zudomiriku