United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 16-01-2023, 08:29 AM   #1
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wout François Maria Weghorst

'I've followed him through the leagues': Erik ten Hag explains Manchester United's surprise loan signing of Wout Weghorst... as the Red Devils head coach says he will 'surprise' people with his pressing and ability on the counter-attack

* Erik ten Hag has explained why Manchester United signed Wout Weghorst
* Ten Hag has followed Weghorst's career and has been impressed by the striker
* The United boss said the striker is primarily a 'box player' but can counter-attack
* Ten Hag said Weghorst will also add a 'winning attitude' to Manchester United

Erik ten Hag has explained why Manchester United have signed Wout Weghorst on loan.

The move came as a surprise to many - especially after the forward's disappointing stint in England with Burnley.

However, the United head coach has said he has 'followed [Weghorst] through the leagues' which is why he has taken the plunge on the signing.

Speaking before the Manchester derby, Ten Hag explained why he signed the striker: 'He is adding a type of striker we don’t have in this moment and I’ve known him for a long time and I’ve followed him through the leagues.'

Man United confirmed the signing of Wout Weghorst until the end of the season this week. The forward will hope to make his debut against Crystal Palace on Wednesday

Ten Hag continued: 'He’s a goalscorer definitely but also a type who will work for the team, who is a really good pressing player in defending, so he can contribute [there] as well.'

The 52-year-old coach then added that he thinks Weghorst will surprise people with some of his attributes.

The United boss added: 'He’s a box player who can also play counter-attack, you won’t expect it always when you see his profile but he’s a really good counter player. I’ve seen many goals, especially in the Bundesliga where they play a lot of counter there, and he was really effective.'

Ten Hag then continued that the Holland striker was not just added to the squad for his footballing ability.

The Dutchman said he was excited to play under fellow countryman Erik ten Hag (left). Weghorst previously had a disappointing six-month spell in the Premier League with Burnley. Weghorst impressed during the World Cup for Holland - scoring a late brace against Argentina

According to the United boss, Weghorst will add a winning mentality to the changing room.

Ten Hag said: 'I never only look at a player and his technical skills, I look at the personality so the total human being and I think he will contribute extra to that winning attitude.'

Weghorst will have to wait to make his United debut but will be looking to hit the ground running.

United fans will be hoping the striker can contribute well to the side's race for a Champions League spot.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11635129/Erik-ten-Hag-explains-Manchester-United-signed-Wout-Weghorst-loan.html
Old 16-01-2023, 09:09 AM   #2
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wout François Maria Weghorst

Wout Weghorst trains with Manchester United for the first time after joining on loan from Burnley and the Dutch forward could make his Red Devils debut at Crystal Palace on Wednesday
Old 17-01-2023, 08:25 AM   #3
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'I’m really hungry to help the team': Wout Weghorst arrives at Manchester United with a point to prove, as the Dutch striker vows to improve on his poor showing at Burnley in his return to the Premier League

* Striker Wout Weghorst joined Manchester United on loan from Burnley last week
* His previous spell in the Premier League yielded just two goals in 20 matches
* The Dutch forward is eager to make up for his previous struggles in the top flight
* He spoke of being 'hungry to show himself' as Man United prepare for a title race

Wout Weghorst says he has a point to prove in the Premier League after joining Manchester United until the end of the season.

The striker trained with his new teammates for the first time on Sunday and could make his debut for Erik ten Hag’s side in Wednesday’s clash with Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park.

Weghorst was on loan at Besiktas from Burnley, but the Turkish club accepted £2.5million in compensation to rip up that deal so the 30-year-old Holland striker could spend the second half of the season at Old Trafford instead.

Weghorst had a disappointing spell at Burnley after moving to Turf Moor from Wolfsburg for £12m a year ago, scoring just twice in 20 games as the Clarets were relegated from the Premier League.

‘It was not finished. It didn’t work out the first time as I hoped and I’m really hungry to show myself, to help the team.

‘Of course, I want to score goals here. I’m a striker and I think every striker knows it – you are living for scoring goals.

Burnley flop Wout Weghorst signed for Manchester United on loan until the end of the season. The Dutch target man joins United after a frustrating search for a new striker by Erik ten Hag. Weghorst is keen to make amends after struggling during his last spell in the Premier League

‘That’s the thing we work all week for, to get it done at the weekend. That’s definitely something I want to achieve here. For me as a striker, at the end, it’s also all about goals.’

Weghorst was in the stands with his family at Old Trafford on Saturday as United came from behind to win the Manchester derby 2-1. It was United’s ninth win in a row and put them just one point behind Manchester City in the table.

‘Of course, we are on a really good track now,’ added Weghorst. ‘The last couple of weeks, months actually, it’s going really positive here and I just want to contribute and give my best for the club. I’ll try to be a part of the successful way we are going.’

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11641575/Im-really-hungry-help-team-Wout-Weghorst-arrives-Man-United-point-prove.html
Old 18-01-2023, 08:06 AM   #4
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Wout Weghorst reveals he and his girlfriend were 'a little bit SHOCKED' when they heard Man United were making a move to bring him back to the Premier League after flopping during six-month stint at relegated Burnley

* Wout Weghorst will play the second half of the season for United on loan
* It comes after an ineffective stint at Burnley last year as they were relegated
* Weghorst admitted his girlfriend was surprised at United's interest in him
* But he'll likely have a role to play with the club light on centre-forwards

Wout Weghorst has admitted he and his girlfriend Nikki van Esch were 'a bit shocked' when they learned of Manchester United's interest in signing him on loan.

The Dutch striker was effective at Turkish club Besiktas but scored just two goals in 20 appearances for Burnley as the club were relegated from the Premier League.

Despite his struggles at Burnley, Erik ten Hag has enlisted the former Claret for help in the No. 9 position for the rest of the season following the acrimonious departure of Cristiano Ronaldo.

'Over a week ago now,' Weghorst said when asked when he had heard United were keen on signing him.

Wout Weghorst has signed on loan for Manchester United from Besiktas for the rest of season. He admitted his girlfriend Nikki van Esch were 'a bit shocked' at hearing of United's interest in him

'My agent called me actually for the first time and I was together with my girl, and she was a little bit shocked because she saw my face and I was like 'oof.''

The 30-year-old, who joined Burnley for £12million last winter as the club looked to survive relegation to the Championship, also admitted his first stint in the Premier League did not go to plan as he prepares to embark on a new challenge with United.

'I also already have experience in the Premier League - that was not as successful as I hoped - and I am really waiting and looking forward to getting back here because, in my opinion, it is still the biggest competition in the world and now I'm going to play for one of the biggest clubs in England,' he said.

'For me, [to play for] the biggest club is, of course, amazing, and as I've always said as a football player, and also as a human being, the stage I am at now, the [experience] that I have, I am ready for it. This is the right moment to take on this great challenge, of course.'

'For me, it was not done, it was not finished,' he continued of playing in the Premier League.

'It didn't work out the first time as I hoped and I'm really hungry to show myself, to help the team. Of course, we are on a really good track now. The last couple of weeks, months actually, it's going really positive here and I just want to contribute and give my best and give my all for the club and I try to be a part of the successful [direction] we are going.

With Marcus Rashford often preferred on the left and Anthony Martial the only other recognised centre-forward in the squad, Weghorst should have a role to play as the team balances the FA Cup, Carabao Cup and Europa League with the Premier League.

Weghorst scored just twice for Burnely in the league as they were relegated last season. Weghorst returned to form at Besiktas, scoring eight goals and making four assists in 16 games

However, it remains to be seen just how effective Weghorst can be in that latter competition after an underwhelming stint last time around.

Weghorst reached 20 goals in the Bundesliga two years ago and left Besiktas scoring a goal every other game, but admitted the standard in England is something different.

'After the Bundesliga I moved to the Premier League and I noticed it, you can see it, again it’s another level,' he said.

'It’s just like the tempo is really high so that’s why I said also it’s the biggest competition in the world.'

Weghorst has trained with United and could make his debut for the club when they play Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park on Wednesday.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11644229/Wout-Weghorst-girlfriend-bit-SHOCKED-heard-United-making-him.html
Old 18-01-2023, 08:42 AM   #5
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Wout Weghorst reveals he asked Alex Telles for permission to take the Man United No 27 shirt off him while the defender is out on loan... as the Dutchman admits he chose it because 'two and seven make nine - a striker's number'

* Manchester United confirmed the loan signing of Wout Weghorst on Friday
* Weghorst scored nine goals in 18 games while on loan at Besiktas from Burnley
* He will wear the No 27 shirt and he asked Alex Telles for permission to take it
* Weghorst wanted it because the numbers add up to nine - 'a striker's number'

Wout Weghorst has revealed that he asked Manchester United defender Alex Telles for permission to take the No 27 shirt at Old Trafford while the Brazilian is out on loan.

The 30-year-old striker completed his move to Manchester United on Friday, having been on loan at Besiktas from Burnley.

Weghorst checked whether he could take Telles' number, considering the defender is out on loan with Sevilla until the end of the season.

With the Dutchman only joining United until the end of the campaign, he and Telles will not overlap.

Speaking about his decision to pick No 27, Weghorst told the official United website: 'Of course, I looked into the ones that are free or available. Two and seven will make nine, of course – a striker's number.

The Dutchman has revealed he picked the No 27 shirt because two and seven add up to nine. Alex Telles was the holder of the No 27 shirt but the defender is out on loan at Sevilla until the end of the season

'I had a feeling with it and of course when I came here I heard it was Alex [Telles]'s number, he got loaned out now.

'I first had to ask him if that was ok, so I said to them [United] that was for me important and then in the end there was no problem so thanks to him also. So yeah, I go for the 27 and actually it's just because I had a good feeling with it.'

Weghorst has been pictured training with his new team-mates ahead of United's trip to Crystal Palace on Wednesday night.

Erik ten Hag has refused to confirm whether Weghorst is in line for a debut, but with Anthony Martial an injury doubt, the 6ft 5in striker could be called upon.

United, who are also financing all of Weghorst’s wages, paid £2.6million to Burnley, who will hand over £2.5m to Besiktas.

There is no obligation for United to buy the 30-year-old at the end of the season.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11644597/Wout-Weghorst-asked-Alex-Telles-No-27-shirt-defender-loan.html
Old 19-01-2023, 08:19 AM   #6
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'I'm sure his agent couldn't believe it': Jamie Redknapp reveals he 'never thought he would see' Wout Weghorst in a Manchester United shirt after his shock loan move from Championship side Burnley

* Burnley striker Wout Weghorst completed his loan move to Manchester United
* The 30-year-old has been on loan at Turkish club Besiktas already this campaign
* United boss Erik ten Hag targeted Weghorst to provide more options in attack
* Jamie Redknapp reveals that he never thought he would see Weghorst at United

Jamie Redknapp has admitted that he never expected to see Wout Weghorst in a Manchester United shirt during his career.

The 30-year-old striker completed his move to Manchester United on Friday, having been on loan at Besiktas from Burnley.

The Dutch international was effective at Turkish club Besiktas but scored just two goals in 20 appearances for Burnley as the club were relegated from the Premier League.

Despite his struggles at Burnley, Red Devils boss Erik ten Hag has enlisted the former Claret for help in the No. 9 position for the rest of the season following the acrimonious departure of Cristiano Ronaldo.

Although Sky Sports pundit and former midfielder Jamie Redknapp was shocked that Weghorst has joined United, he did however feel he could be a strong addition to help United in the second-half of the campaign.

Wout Weghorst has joined Manchester United on loan from Championship outfit Burnley. Pundit Jamie Redknapp admitted that he never thought he would see Weghorst at Man United. Weghorst made his United debut in the Premier League away to Crystal Palace on Wednesday

'Any centre forward you want them to be a focal point when you have it and when you haven’t you want them to understand the press,' Redknapp said ahead of his debut.

'It’s an amazing signing. I can’t lie I never thought i would see him in a Manchester United shirt and I’m sure his agent couldn’t believe it when he got the phone call.'

Weghorst was handed his first start for United in their Premier League against Crystal Palace on Wednesday evening.

Former Liverpool and Tottenham midfielder Redknapp feels he adds a different dimension to United in attack.

'He’s got good players around him. He is going to have (Bruno) Fernandes playing one-twos off him. Good managers keep picking him in squads and internationally. It’s a dream come true for this guy.

'We’ve seen it before some signings just really work for a team. He gives you options, set-pieces for and against.

'They’re out of fashion number 9s, there is not many in world football. Him and (Erling) Haaland are scoring goals. Everyone wants a number 9 as it gives you something different.'

Weghorst also previously admitted he and his girlfriend Nikki van Esch were 'a bit shocked' when they learned of Manchester United's interest in signing him on loan.

'Over a week ago now,' Weghorst said when asked when he had heard United were keen on signing him.

'My agent called me actually for the first time and I was together with my girl, and she was a little bit shocked because she saw my face and I was like 'oof.''

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11650569/Jamie-Redknapp-reveals-never-thought-Wout-Weghorst-Manchester-United-shirt.html
Old 26-01-2023, 08:30 AM   #7
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'People have been critical that he's come to the club - THAT'S what he's brought in for': Roy Keane hails Wout Weghorst after his first Man United goal, insisting he 'can see why they gambled on him'

* Roy Keane heaped praise on Wout Weghorst after scoring in the Carabao Cup
* The Dutch striker reacted quickest to double Man United's advantage in the tie
* Keane hit back at those who criticised United's move for the ex-Burnley forward

Roy Keane heaped praise on Man United striker Wout Weghorst after the Dutchman scored in his side's Carabao Cup semi-final first-leg win against Nottingham Forest.

The striker, on loan from Burnley, got off the mark for the Red Devils after reacting quickest to a rebound in the final moments of the first-half at the City Ground.

The 30-year-old's signing on loan to replace Cristiano Ronaldo was derided by many given his struggles at Turf Moor last season, but former United captain Keane insists it was a good piece of business.'

Speaking on Sky Sports at half-time shortly after Weghorst had scored United's second goal, Keane said: 'Great finish, look at his [Weghorst's] reactions.

'People have been critical that he's come to the club. That's what he's been brought to the club for. Huge goal for United.'

At full-time, Keane went further in his defence of Weghorst's signing, adding: 'Man United had to bring someone in. The manager made it clear, there was no money to spend. They lost Ronaldo, questions marks about Anthony Martial's fitness... so I can see why they gambled on him.

'I don't think he'll be a prolific goalscorer but if he pops up with the odd important goal like that and he helps Marcus. He's an international player - he's no mug!

Wout Weghorst scored his first goal for Manchester United against Nottingham Forest. Sky Sports pundit Roy Keane was quick to shower praise on the Holland international. Weghorst reacted quickest to poke home and doubled United's advantage in the cup tie

'The perception about him, because he struggled in a Burnley team that were having a difficult season, people kind of judge him on that. Give the guy a chance, he scored an important goal for United tonight. Good luck to him.

'His lack of pace can be a problem when United are trying to play on the counter-attack but they'll need to play to his strengths. He linked up well, took his goal well. There's a reason he came on loan, because he's obviously not top level. But the important thing is that the manager knows him well. You need characters in your dressing room.'

Michael Dawson added: 'Take nothing away from Wout Weghorst. He's an out-and-out No 9 and I think he's a good signing for Man United. He might not be the superstar name but he's scored goals.'

Keane's punditry partner, Gary Neville, said: 'There's a little bit to do with the finish and he does really well with the outside of his right foot.

Weghorst's goal gave United some much needed breathing space in the tie after Marcus Rashford had given the visitors the lead earlier in the first-half.

The 25-year-old, who scored his 10th goal in just as many games, took six minutes to score for United again, driving down the left flank, taking on Serge Aurier and bursting past Joe Worral before firing past the helpless Wayne Hennessey in goal.

Rashford has been rejuvenated under Erik ten Hag and shows no sign of stopping at the moment and after Weghorst doubled the advantage, Bruno Fernandes netted a third late on to effectively complete the job.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11677087/Roy-Keane-heaps-praise-Wout-Weghorst-goal-against-Nottingham-Forest.html
Old 27-01-2023, 08:34 AM   #8
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Wout Weghorst believes he can earn a permanent deal at Man United after scoring his first goal for the club in their Carabao Cup win over Nottingham Forest... as the loanee insists he will 'try to do everything as good as he can' while at Old Trafford

* Wout Weghorst scored his first United goal in their win over Nottingham Forest
* The Dutch forward joined the club on loan from Burnley earlier this month
* He believes he can do enough to earn a permanent deal at the end of the season

Wout Weghorst believes he can stay at Manchester United beyond the end of his loan spell at Old Trafford.

The Holland striker has signed until the end of the season after United agreed a £2.5million compensation package earlier this month to cut short his loan to Turkish club Besiktas from Burnley.

Weghorst made his third appearance for United in Wednesday’s Carabao Cup semi-final first leg at Nottingham Forest and scored his first goal for the club in a 3-0 win.

Although there is no obligation to make his move permanent in the summer, United’s priority will be signing a striker and they have a strong interest in Tottenham’s Harrry Kane.

Asked if he thinks there is a chance to show manager Erik ten Hag he can stay longer at United, Weghorst said: ‘Of course. The situation now is how it was – it was for a loan. It’s a massive club so I will try to do everything as good as I can, and if it will work out it will be a good option.

‘I’ve seen the first couple of days, almost a week, how big the club is in everything – the facilities, the club, even the quality in the team, the way we’re playing. There’s a lot of quality in everything and that’s something you look to work in, in a winning atmosphere.

‘I think the first week went well and it’s up to me to deliver and contribute and to help the team as good as I can. I’m quite confident I can play a role in it.

Wout Weghorst believes he can earn a permanent deal at Man United at the end of the season. Weghorst scored his first goal for the club in their 3-0 win over Nottingham Forest last night. The forward joined on an initial loan deal, with United paying £2.5m to secure his services. Weghorst also heaped praise on Marcus Rashford after he continued his sensational form

‘The club was looking for a target man. With (Anthony) Martial there was only one real striker, more of a No.9. They just wanted to add one and then it's up to me and to take your chances.

‘The moments are there and then it’s just to deliver, contribute and help the team, also in the way I'm playing, the way I am pressing.

‘In the beginning, it’s the third game, and you recognise the way the players around you are playing. There’s still room for improvement, let’s make it even better.’

On his goal, Weghorst added: ‘It was over the right side, I think, with Cas (Casemiro). He played to Antony and he shot. I just moved and moved forward to the goal hoping for the rebound and it came.

‘It came a little bit on the left of me and I took it, jumped in with the outside. I hit it fully. I was hoping that the ball was falling there and it did exactly.

‘I think it was a really good moment, a really good time to score shortly before half-time because we were not that in control of the game, so I think that definitely helped us.’

The Dutchman also paid tribute to Marcus Rashford who scored his 10th goal in 10 games inside the first six minutes to set United on course for a comfortable win over Forest as they all but sealed a place in the final at Wembley.

‘You see the great run he’s on, he’s delivering and every week you see it in training,’ said Weghorst. ‘He’s got a lot of quality. He’s also a really good guy, a really open guy, and he was the first one who came to me when I scored my goal.

‘We have a good relationship. You see the qualities he has. He’s extremely important for us, the way we play, he’s a massive part.’

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11679787/Wout-Weghorst-believes-earn-permanent-deal-Man-United.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 2
rio vander vidic, zudomiriku